UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 08-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Tsukimichi

Quote:
Misumi Makoto, an ordinary Japanese school boy, is spirited away by the Shinto diety Tsukuyomi. Tsukuyomi explains that Makoto is the son of two isekai world travelers who came to Earth, and the Goddess of his parents' homeland needs his help to save "hyumanity" from a demon threat.

But upon meeting the Goddess, she is repulsed by Makoto's looks, and curses him with the ability to speak all languages except the hyuman one, and casts him into a desolate wasteland where she hopes he dies.

Makoto's isekai adventure is off to a rough start, but he can make it through, somehow?
I have finished reading all 300+ chapters of the Tsukimichi web novel after maxing out the manga chapters, and I have to say wow. This is easily the best isekai I've ever read, by a longshot.

There are a few flaws, but what makes it fantastic is that it's committed to its worldbuilding in a way that most other isekai aren't. You can't count those isekai on a single hand - Re:Zero, Overlord, and maybe the Shield Hero. Everything else tries to ape off of Dragon Quest without seriously going in to the nuts and bolts of the world. Tsukimichi isn't LOTR, but the worldbuilding falls just short of One Piece.

The other major virtues is that there is solid character development, even for minor characters, all the battles are team efforts, and how the plot's structured prevents Makoto from just stomping every opponent. If he unleashes his full power, he risks the Goddess discovering he's becoming a threat, and she will kill him and everyone he holds dear.

The other fun bit is, like a webcomic, Tsukimichi has a reliable release schedule where a japanese RAW comes out every 2 days. Translations take longer, but ultimately that means you can jump on this and stick with it a while.

The length, quality, and satisfaction of this story is top tier. The only regret I say is it didn't have a flattering introduction, with the early chapters resembling a typical isekai plot. Had it stayed that way I wouldn't be as passionate about it as I am.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:24 AM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
BORKED
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation