UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Things that piss you off

Since I'm sure there are a bunch of people here who are constantly pissed off, I might as well make this. Since I made this, it is only natural that I start it off.

1.Loud people
2.Loud noises in general
3.Preppy bitches
4.People who think too highly of themselves(it is pretty much the above, but guys count for this)
5.Youtube(I still use it though)
6.People who don't know how to shut the **** up
7.Hardcore racists(I don't mind people who are a bit racist)
8.Rednecks
9.Hypocrites
10.Gossipy bitches
11.Gossip
12.People who ask too many questions
13.Celebrity obsessed douchebags
14.People who sue for stupid reasons
15.Bratty kids
16.People who act black
17.Country music
18.People who judge others too harshly
19.Rap
20.Things that I frequently use that are messed up or broken(my computer)
21.Cartoons(there might be an exception somewhere, but not likely)
22.People who can't see the difference between anime and cartoons
23.G-4
24.MTV
25.Lifetime
26.Almost every other television channel
27.People who just don't learn their ****ing lesson
28.Dogs
29.Anyone who doesn't like my awesome hair
30.Mosquitoes
31.The hot weather
32.Old people who can't accecpt the fact that the past is gone
33.Children's cereal commercials
34.Grass
35.Bitches who just take advantage of the dude(the reverse applies as well)

There are more but I don't wanna put more down.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Things that piss you off

1. Rabid, stupid, bigoted, stinking weeaboo.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm not always pissed off.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta

1. Rednecks. I really, really hate rednecks. I hate the whole redneck culture. I hate their accent, I hate the way they talk, the way they smell, the way they throw litter everywhere... everything about them. They are a scourge on society and the world.
2. Politicians.
3. Punk-Ass kids that think the world owes them something.
4. Stupid-ass prissy girls with no brain cells.
5. Organized religion.
6. Christianity.
7. Jesus Freaks.
8. The moronic children's council at my church. They're all a bunch of sniveling, simpering pharisees who care more about procedure and rules than about Jesus and the children they're supposed to be helping.
9. Cruel people.
10. Wanna-be internet tough guys. I wonder if they dare act like that in real life. Of course not, because in real life they would get their flaccid asses kicked in a heartbeat.
11. Popular music. Manufacted by unfeeling corporations for consumption by the ignorant masses. It sounds like feces smells.
12. People with poor taste in music. (Almost everyone but me.)
13. Happy people.
14. People who are much smarter or more talented than me, or that have a particular talent that I don't have but desire.
15. People who do or buy something only because everyone does or has it, or to impress people in his social group.
16. Stupid people who can't figure anything out without help. (Like the people I work with in the A/V room. These people are incapable of learning through simple deduction and trial-and-error.)

Blah blah blsahb lah
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #5
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Wahabists
Mormons
Jehova Whitnesses
Westboro Baptist church
Cults
White Supremacists
Rapists (especially folks who rape kids.)
Richland, WA
Wasps (mainly the insect type of wasps not really the white ones XD)
Sweet and Sour chicken
Cough Syrup
American society obsession about cash.

That is about it really.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #6
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Huh, found myself on the list three times.

Guy who asks too many questions, guy who doesn't learn his effing lesson and some other thing. Whee, self esteem. Oh, and bad taste in music and can't figure things out by themselves.

Anyway, yeah, don't like girls who find any excuse or ridiculous logic to bother you, just because you are a loser. The ones who's faces are always stuck on either sneer or arrogant laughter.

That's about it.

Triple B, does that include people who don't give the slighest damn about the difference between cartoons and anime? Cause then, another reason to hate me.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

Men who blame women for EVERYTHING (my dad does... he faults women for being hit by their husbands, being cheated on by their boyfriends, for being raped, etc)
bad Christian rock
homophobes
Republicans who are only the way because of the abortion issue, who are woefully ignorant about various fiscal policies

I'll add more later...
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #8
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
Triple B, does that include people who don't give the slighest damn about the difference between cartoons and anime? Cause then, another reason to hate me.
No. I'm referring to people too stupid to tell the difference. I'm fully aware that there are people who don't like anime and I don't mind. However, if you watch the ****ing Rugrats and can't tell the difference between it and Eureka 7, then I have a problem.

This kinda reminds me of something. I was watching Inuyasha at one dude's house one time and he said, "That's Dragon Ball Z isn't it?". I was like, "Yup, this is Dragon Ball Z." and left it at that. However, my insides were saying WTF.
EDIT: I'm aware that DBZ is an anime as well, but this was the most recent example. Also, anyone with a brain should be able to tell the difference between a white haired dude with a huge sword and a bunch of screaming muscle heads with spikey yellow hair.

Also, good job Namek, you pretty much fillled in my blanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #9
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Well, DBZ is anime though.

I don't really like when people think of anime as better than american cartoons, when the criteria of it being from japan is rather easily filled.

But anyway, moving on.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

There are a lot of anime that are far superior to American cartoons. You can't honestly compare, say, Bugs Bunny to something like Serial Experiments Lain, for example.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Because one takes itself seriously, and the other is a lighthearted, funny eight minute show, that you don't have to get really involved in to enjoy.

You can rave about genre all you want, but stick me in a room for eternity forced to watch one kind of animation, I'll take Disney and Warner Brothers over any sequence of Anime.

I hate Karl Rove.

There's my contribution.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muyo
You can rave about genre all you want, but stick me in a room for eternity forced to watch one kind of animation, I'll take Disney and Warner Brothers over any sequence of Anime.
Have fun going crazy from desensitization to Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I'll stick to my desensitization of children being able to save the planet using godly robots that appear out of thin air, thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Have fun going crazy from desensitization to Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I'll stick to my desensitization of children being able to save the planet using godly robots that appear out of thin air, thanks.
We're Animaniacs! We have pay or play contracts!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

To me, comparing anime to cartoons is like comparing school meatloaf (cartoons) covered in ten year old ketchup with a high quality steak (anime) with a bottle of A-1 steak sauce beside it. I don't know about you, but I only eat the school's meatloaf when I want to give my stomach a test of endurance(I have a tough stomach, and being able to eat it without vomiting is a true homage to a stomach's strength). So, while you are eating the nasty meatloaf, I will pamper myself with a nice steak. Itadakimasu! ^o^
You'll be like "Did I eat that or rub it on my face?! My back hurts!!!!"

As for the whole "American companies can meet the anime level" thing.... Cartoons have tried to match the awesomeness of anime several times and have failed. One example is the Teen Titans. It copied almost everything from anime from the characters' expressions to the OP (They even hired a ****ing J-Pop band!!!!). However, it is a flaming piece of crap that only children would like. Cartoons should just stick to the whole easy to swallow comedy thing that it does, because that is all it can do.

EDIT: I just got schooled and imma gonna make a few changes. Nothing major though....
Old 05-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muyo
We're Animaniacs! We have pay or play contracts!
Y'know how people sing the lyrics to songs wrong so often? Yeah. You just schooled me. As a kid, I never ever fucking understood why the Animaniacs were saying "We have paid for our contracts." Now I know. They weren't.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #16
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Oh darn! I was going to make a thread like this accept also force people to add something they love to! Now I think I hate big bad birtha! :P

I hate:

Nintendo for cutting the GBA's life short
Drugs
Wasted time aka sleep or being "benched" due to illness
Dust! My room and stuff is always such a magnet to it!
My one sister, not so much the other
Christmas music and 50000000 year old tv specials they'll run until the end of time
Organizing pictures
Cheaters in Tetris DS. For fucks sake is Tetris not sacred enough to avoid these lamers?
Bad dreams where you wake up feeling the pain
Cold weather!
Anonymous
When time passes by faster then it should

I think thats it.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Hot weather pisses me off.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

-Anime Figures at 1/7(+) scale. They all look bad IRL, but somehow look amazing in pictures. 1/6 is good though.
-When my 56k disconnects after 5 or so minutes. It happened a lot during the winter, but surprisingly, it hasn't kicked me off that much recently *knock on wood*
-Overly zealous people. This applies to more then just religion.
-Gravity (sometimes). When your room is filled with things that can just topple over, you'll know why.
-Driving in Boston. It absolutely sucks to drive around there. I mean... All the streets are one way, and they don't change directions with the next street. You could end up driving down 10 blocks before you can do in the right direction! And lodging there is expensive.
-People who refuse to read a manga just because the anime rendition is considered bad.
-Anal people. Especially when something doesn't go exactly the way they want to and they bitch and whine for the rest of the day.
-The fact that I inherited stupid Chinese personality characteristics. Like talking loudly for no reason.
-People who like Mikuru more then Haruhi. Doujinshi where Yuki has a vibrate personality and/or sprouts [strike:7d1f2]a penis[/strike:7d1f2] male parts.
-The fact that I don't have my own digital camera when at an Anime Convention.
-Lightning while I'm trying to sleep. Thunder I can ignore, but lightning is so bright, my room flashes and my eyelids aren't thick enough to block out the flash of white.
-My dad when he asks for my help. I don't help hating him, I just hate that he never tells me what he needs me to do. Whenever he asks, I always say, "What do you need me to do?" and his response is always, "Help me." DUH!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #19
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

I hate how women are not taken seriously, and how when they demand to be taken seriously, they're merely seen as b*tches.

I hate being dragged into a family problem that has nothing to do with me.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #20
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz
Oh darn! I was going to make a thread like this accept also force people to add something they love to! Now I think I hate big bad birtha! :P
You're not the first. Anyway, knock yourself and make a topic to fill the gap. There just are not enough things that I love to make one myself, or turn this into something for things that you love.

Anyway. I have more things that piss me off.

36.Politicians
37.Mormons
38.Gangs (especially redneck gangs that think they are badass)
39.Bitches who try to take EVERYTHING in a divorce (I have seen this way too many times)
40.Celebrities who do stupid things just to make more money (Are they not content with what they have?)
41.People who actually give a **** about what the celebrities are doing (Seriously, what loser keeps tabs on this crap?)
42.The E! Channel
43.Steven Colbert
44.Parents who just ignore their screaming babies in public areas
45.People who want to spend way too much time stoned
46.People obsessed with sex
47.People who laugh at fart noises (Seriously, grow up!)
48.Soccer mom bitches who blame their incompetence on video games (You know that without video games, you would have to actually take care of your kid, you stupid bitch!)
49.People who bitch too much and ruin stuff because they are "offensive" (Just like with the Indians baseball team)
50.The Anna Nicole Smith Story (OMFG, she is dead and you need to shut the **** up!)
51.People stupid enough to believe psychics
52.Psychics
53.Commercials that are bull****
54.Bitches who think they can get away with anything because they are attractive
55.People who think bitches can get away with whatever they want because they are attractive
56.My telephone (OMG it won't shut the **** up)
57.Alcoholics
58.People who call alcoholism a "disease" (No, the person just has a weak will and wants to escape from reality)
59.People who are overly wasteful with their money (I might have to explain this a bit...)
60.Idiots who just STOP right in front of you when you have somewhere to go (This can be walking or driving)

w00t I feel a little bit better now. Who knows, I might even have more =O
Old 05-10-2007, 05:06 AM   #21
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Just a question, but why do some of you cite Mormons as an article that piss you off? I'm not a Mormon myself, but I've had so many Mormon friends since I was in the fourth grade (no less than one in any given year) I've picked up a lot of their mannerisms.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #22
Loki

Agreed. I've never met a Mormon try to force their views onto me. Although, if you lived near Salt Lake City but weren't Mormon and was denied liquor, caffeine, etc., then I would let it be. But I thought you lived elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong, Mormons!) that the Church of Latter-Day Saints preaches that men crossed the Atlantic Ocean aboard a submarine vessel which had a hole in the bottom to allow for oxygen exchange between the ocean and the cabin's air. If true, this speaks for why people can claim they are "pissed off by Mormons" -- because they are pissed off by stupidity flying in the face of high school-level science.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #24
Loki

Well, I wouldn't just slap that on Mormons alone then. I mean, it would be more of 'blind faith' then just Mormonism. Cultists like those of a certain one we're not supposed to speak of play off stupidity and blind faith.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #25
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, there's two reason's I put Mormons on my list. One is almost what Suigin said, and the other is the fact that they can't take "I don't want to be a Mormon." as an answer. I have been visited by Mormons many many times and they start preaching to me, and I don't mind because I gave them permission. However, after that, they start expecting me to go to a Mormon church and buy a Mormon bible and I'm like "I heard you out, however, I don't want to be a mormon." After that, they send more of them to this house for the same thing. Mormons don't piss me off as much as something else we are not allowed to mention, but I still don't like being pushed to believe something just because I was a little kind to them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc