UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #126
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow, you sure played through that! Glad to see you enjoyed it enough to finish at least one path. A little disappointed there's not much more commentary, but I guess "Talon already said everything XP" is what I should have expected. ^^; *sigh* Major props for going back and quote-replying to older people's posts though. Much appreciated. I'm sure bbb'd feel the same way.

Regarding what I said about Yuuko ...

(half-safe to click now if you don't care about spoilers, not safe to click if you do care)
Spoiler: show
It ends up being pretty much on the mark afaik. In four of five routes played (five of six if you count The Day of Despair), the "Were Yuuko and Kenji formerly an item? " thing is hinted at bit by bit. There are several running gags/things like that in the game, things which get partially developed or explored in each of the five paths. Like ...
  • Iwanako's letter
  • Kenji in general (past, present, future)
  • Kenji and Yuuko!?!?!?
Some routes, like Emi's and Shizune's, shine more light on these three than other routes, like Hanako's and Rin's, do; but in all of the routes, you get little pieces of the puzzle.

Anyway, I don't remember the order in which the pieces of evidence come up, but like ...

• In the Day of Despair route, Kenji tells you all about the origins of his gynophobia. Without giving too much away, you discover that the event ties in with his ex.
  • In one of the other routes, Yuuko explains how her boyfriend suddenly vanished one day. It fits perfectly with what Kenji told you on the Day of Despair path.
  • In Emi's route, there's the whole thing about Kenji stealing books from the library that Yuuko also wanted to read. Well ...
  • ... In one of the other routes, it's revealed that Yuuko was introduced to the subject those books covered (cryptology, was it?) by her ex-boyfriend. Interesting ...
  • IIRC in one of the routes (Day of Despair, maybe?) Kenji hints at an age-related thing that would clue you in that Yuuko is an eligible candidate for his ex-girlfriend. Or perhaps it was the other way around. Perhaps it was that in another one of the paths, Yuuko clues you in that her ex-boyfriend was younger than she is (or something).
  • Kenji and Yuuko are never shown together. They do come dangerously close to crossing paths a few times. (Oh, grape soda ...)

So yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm right. But as for what the basis of my theory was back when I first saw this in the Emi path, it was quite simply:
  • in VNs, easter eggs like these that follow are never coincidental:
  • Kenji likes cryptology. Yuuko likes cryptology. Common interests!
  • Kenji is weird. Yuuko is weird. They might not have been so judgmental of one another! (Maybe.)
  • If Yuuko is his ex, then is Kenji ... stealing the books on purpose to get back at her? Or more believably, is he too shy to formally check them out, knowing that she's the one behind the counter waiting to check them out for him? (Awww. ^^; )
This is more or less what I was operating off of when I wrote what I wrote in the Emi Path post.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #127
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I was under the impression Yuuko was older thou- Oh, wait. She did say the guy she was dating turned out to be... Hm.

Speaking of unexplored relationships:

I also wondered if the nurse and Emi's mom were seeing each other. Wish we could've gotten some juicy info on that. Might even make for more good blackmail material~

I really liked the nurse too. ^~ Hope to still see more of him in other paths.

Not sure who to go for now, trying to decide between Shizune and Rin. Before that though, I'm curious about this "Day of Despair". X3

Oh btw, how do you check your percent completion?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #128
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You should be able to see a percent completion for the entire game when you check the bottom-left corner of the Library section, which can be accessed by clicking on Extras on the main menu. As for a percent completion for each individual path, there isn't one reported by the game itself afaik: mine have ever been estimates reported by me based solely on how far down the list of chapters I am. (Obviously this is a bit flawed since not all chapters are equally long nor are the long and short chapters evenly spaced.)

Regarding the other romance from Emi's path ...

Regarding the Nurse and Mrs. Ibarazaki ...

100% safe to click if you're not uptight about spoilers; otherwise, avoid until you get as far as me

Their relationship is not explored at all in any of the other paths as far as I know. Didn't see any mention of or allusions to it in Hanako's path, Rin's path, or what I've completed of Shizune's path. I think you're meant to draw all your conclusions about that couple from the Emi path alone. 's probably all you're ever gonna get. ^^;

Do things in whatever order you like best, of course, but I do feel like my order was pretty good. Brief-run down of what I did ...

(NOT spoilers! 100% safe for anyone to read IMO! Only putting it in a spoiler tag to condense it.)
Path 1: Emi's. This was good because I feel like, if we compare Katawa Shoujo with Mario Kart, Emi's path is the Mario of this game. It's the all-around good, general path. Nothing too extreme any which way. Few people rank it as their #1 favorite but even fewer rank it as their #1 least favorite. It's thus a great spot for beginners.

Path 2: The Day of Despair. This was good because I got it out of the way. Would have sucked to have gotten this first ^^; since people tease "if your natural choices led you here, then IRL it sucks to be you XP" on the forums and such. But since I didn't get it first -- and I only got it because of one choice at the VERY last second! >_< -- it's all good. It shines light on Kenji that is awesome to have as a player going forward since, equipped with that knowledge, it gives you some insight into the things he says in other paths.

Path 3: Hanako's. This was the one I most wanted to do. And it was great. As I explain in my posts (be sure to read 'em! ), I can't say the path "didn't disappoint," but it was an excellent path. Probably my favorite one still, although as I've explained before I also liked the Emi path. (Each was good in its own ways.)

Path 4: Rin's. Glad I did this one third (fourth counting DoD) because, had I done it first, I think it would have totally skewed my impressions of all the other paths. First impressions matter, and Rin's path is so unlike any of the five other paths that I think doing it first ended up resulting in a lot of confusion for the players for whom it was their natural choice. It's a path which will be spiritually and emotionally rewarding for those with whom Rin resonates. For everybody else, it's a bit of a snoozefest. ^^; But hot damn if it isn't professionally written!

Path 5: Shizune's. Originally I went into the game expecting this one to be the second best path of them all. But then bbb warned me, "Uhh ..... no. " And then the Internet at large warned me, "Uhh ........ no. " And then I started the path myself ... and stalled ... and it's since been over a month with no new progress. ^^;;;;;;;;;; That stated! ^^;;;;; I don't think Shizune's path is bad [/super-apologetic], I just ... I dunno. She is not very interesting. The new characters are not very interesting. The stuff that happens in her world is, at times, quite interesting ... but that's usually only when it pits Shizune against other characters from the franchise. Like a game of __[not Risk]__ she plays against Hanako which, if you play the Hanako path first, you'll be like "OMG! :3" Or like when she's building stalls with Hisao and then Lilly comes by and she silently roars "__[I'd love to say what she says but it's so cute you gotta see it for yourself. ]__".

Path 6: Lilly's, which I've yet to play but which I hear is supposedly one of the best paths in the game.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #129
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Reached "The Day of Despair". Kinda underwhelming, but I guess mostly because I already knew the major spoiler going in. =x

I was honestly hoping the "feminist conspiracy" would turn out to be true, and Hisao and/or Kenji would really end up "the last sane man in an insane world". XP

Working on some of Emi's other choices, trying to find the Bad End/what happens if you don't talk to Mutou. Got the extra CG out of it. To be honest, I found the emotional impact of this scene more compelling, and seemed perfectly suited to the story.

It was cool to see Hisao literally chase after Emi on the track and refuse to let her go, referring back to past experiences to prove his own determination. While the letter from Iwanako didn't really seem to relate to the situation, this felt like it tied everything together. I'm not a big fan of relying on outside advice and skulking around behind the other's back anyway, direct confrontation's the best way to go. Even if it creates rougher patches in the relationship as a result, it shows initiative and that you personally care. Ultimately, the goal is to work through those problems together, so getting them clearly in the air between just the two of you is the first step.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #130
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, it's a short (pseudo-)path, whaddya expect? ^^; It's a shame you had the major spoiler spoiled for you though.

I read that path with horrified and bated breath.

Regarding your work on Emi's path ...

... she, like a lot of the girls, has multiple possible endings. Emi has two different Good Ends and one Bad End (afaik). Sounds like you unlocked the one Good End (the True Good End?) on the first run through and then second Good End (the one with a bit of a hiccup) just now. To get the bad end, do exactly what you did to get the second Good End, only this time fuck up with Misha. And prepare to see one hell of an icy cold bitch.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #131
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Well, it's a short (pseudo-)path, whaddya expect? ^^; It's a shame you had the major spoiler spoiled for you though.

I read that path with horrified and bated breath.
As soon as we went up to the roof, I also had a feeling I knew how the night was (really) going to end. So no surprises there.

The knowledge of that impending doom made me far less scared - or rather concerned - of what Kenji was going to do. XP I figured he wouldn't have a chance to even try anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Regarding your work on Emi's path ...

... she, like a lot of the girls, has multiple possible endings. Emi has two different Good Ends and one Bad End (afaik). Sounds like you unlocked the one Good End (the True Good End?) on the first run through and then second Good End (the one with a bit of a hiccup) just now. To get the bad end, do exactly what you did to get the second Good End, only this time fuck up with Misha. And prepare to see one hell of an icy cold bitch.
Since I was aiming for the Bad End initially, I tried the other choice first. Emi's reaction that time felt very real too.

Decided to shoot for Shizune now (since I'm not exactly certain how to get onto Rin's path yet, and might as well get the duds out of the way first). Just had tea with her and Misha at the Shanghai.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #132
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Haven't actually played in a while due to being busy, but I'm curious; What exactly does Katawa Shoujo mean? For some reason, I haven't been able to get the thought out of my head that it means 'Broken girl'.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #133
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Haven't actually played in a while due to being busy, but I'm curious; What exactly does Katawa Shoujo mean? For some reason, I haven't been able to get the thought out of my head that it means 'Broken girl'.
This is actually a well-known controversial issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The game's name itself, however, has attracted some criticism, as the term "Katawa" [片輪] is considered an archaic derogatory term in Japan. "Katawa Shoujo" translates into "Disability Girl" in English, but a more literal translation of "katawa" from Japanese is "cripple", and more literally refers to a vehicle with just one wheel and thus working imperfectly. Usage of the word is generally frowned upon on Japanese public television and radio. In response to questions regarding the usage of the term "Katawa", the developers commented, "It’s not like we intentionally want to offend, and we did not come up with the name ourselves. The origin of the name is of course Japan itself, with Raita and his original concept picture of [Katawa Shoujo]."
FourLeafStudios' official stance is that they didn't realize how offensive the name was originally but that, once they found out, it was too late to change the name of the game. Everybody, they said, would just refer to the game as "the game formerly known as Katawa Shoujo" and so they didn't see the point in a name change. Instead, they decided to stand their ground and (imo they kinda half-BS'd themselves into believing that) it was okay to keep the name because it was the very name used by the doujin which inspired them to make the game in the first place.

The name is apparently so offensive to most modern Japanese that, when you take a look at a lot of the imageboard threads that were posted in the various peak moments of KS's development cycle (e.g. when they released Act 1, when they went to Comiket last year and handed out art books, and finally when they released the game in English), what you see is that 50% or more of the posts are brief "WTH @ THAT NAME " posts.

That stated, you really shouldn't let the name get in the way of you playing -- and enjoying! -- the game. It's a wonderful game, very thoughtful and considerate and warm and fuzzy and loving and everything good, and the name is really a very unfortunate result of none of the team members having been fluent enough in Japanese back when they started this project to have recognized the offensiveness of the term.

What's funny is that some (not all, but quite a few) of the Japanese posters on message boards point to this name and say that this is why Westerners should stay the fuck out of the eroge business and why we're giving Japan a bad name. Us? Giving you guys a bad name? If we're going to equate the actions of one individual with an entire nation, then we might point out that you're the fuckers who wrote the offensively-titled doujin that inspired the game in the first place!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #134
deoxys
Fog Badge

So this is bullshit, and I saw it coming a mile away.

I was trying hard to take the Lilly path, but in the end,

I fell off the roof and died. Goddammit, this is bullshit! I seriously don't think I want anything more to do with this stupid game. I was just trying to get with Lilly. None of the other girls appeal to me.

I was even thinking "they seriously aren't about to do what I think they are."

Sure enough they did.

Goddammit, how am I supposed to know what answers to give to go a certain path without looking up a walkthrough, which I don't want to do? This fucking blows.

Edit: went back to the save just before the event and changed my answer about the art club. Guess I'm on Rin's path now. Which is okay, she was my second pick.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 05-02-2012 at 02:27 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #135
deoxys
Fog Badge

So I'll admit, this story is pretty captivating and somewhat emotional.

I enjoy a lot of the analogies and metaphors used as well, they're actually kind of sad and yet... beautiful.

I don't particularly care what kind of game it is anymore. It's actually a rather touching story.

I'm in Act 3 of Rin's Path at this point. I certainly hope the others aren't nearly as difficult...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #136
Talon87
時の彼方へ

They're not. I never got any bad ends when playing through Hanako's, Emi's, or Shizune's paths for the first time yet I got numerous bad ends playing Rin's. If you go back through the thread and expand some of my old posts that are safe for you to read you'll probably see some mentions of this. I don't know if you're yet to the part where this one particular occurrence happened to me, but there was this one time in Rin's path where ...
  1. Presented with a choice, I made the wrong one.
  2. The script continues on before abruptly ending and bringing me back to the title screen. "Bad end, I guess. "
  3. I go back to the choice and make the opposite choice this time.
  4. The dialogue is 100% identical to what it was before.
  5. After the 100% identical dialogue ends ... the scene simply continues.
  6. I am dumbstruck.
Rin's path presents more choices and more opportunities for abrupt failure than any other path in the game. If you're frustrated by all the bad ends you're getting, I would say "Don't be."

I'd also encourage you not to take it too personally. Getting back to what happened to you the other day with the Day of Despair, I'll say this: the joke in the fandom is that people who get the Day of Despair first are going to be "forever alone." But winning at a nerd-made eroge does not make one a real-life Romeo. Nor, in your case, does it even apply: you've already had at least one serious relationship lasting well over a year (iirc), not to mention I dunno how many other shorter-lived romantic relationships you've had, so yeah: I wouldn't let the game get you down. ^^;

Still, if that was your, *ahem*, natural ending that resulted from making choices in the game as you would IRL, I will give you a ribbing.

deoxys: Jerk. -.-;

All in good fun, my friend. All in good fun.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #137
deoxys
Fog Badge

Haha, well. I wouldn't have made many of the decisions past the point where I met Lilly in real life, but I began to make them to try to drive my direction towards Lilly's path... and instead I got the Day of Despair. Having not really known anything about this game prior to that, getting that ending completely blindsided me and quite literally left me with my jaw hanging open. I imagine steering off of Lilly's road probably occurred when I said the wrong thing to Hanako since the two of them are a pair. Oh well :l

Also it was three years...
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #138
Talon87
時の彼方へ

All the more reason you shouldn't let getting a bad end as your default ending in a dating sim visual novel bum you out. ^^;

And yeah, I think shooting for Hanako, Lilly, or Rin is when you're most likely to get the Day of Despair ending. If you go back to ... this post (click), you'll see that I got that ending too when shooting for Hanako. In fact, it was my second "path" of the game, my first being Emi's which by all accounts is one of the most easily or most commonly docked onto. Anyway, I explain around that time (I think?) the hypothesis that you're more likely to get the Day of Despair when aiming for Hanako, Lilly, or Rin since, in order to get them, you have to come most perilously close to the DoD. Put another way, I think Emi and Shizune are safer bets. Docking onto them, and how to go about doing it or not doing it, is much more straightforward. And you never end up seeing that nighttime ascent of the hill that you do when pursuing Hanako, Lilly, and Rin. (Note that that scene is the final chance you have at avoiding the DoD. If your Act 1 has been Rin-centric, answering favorably on the hill nets you Rin. If your Act 1 has been Lilly and Hanako-centric, answering favorably on the hill nets you the Lilly+Hanako parent path and then you're later given a choice as to which of the two girls you want to pursue. If you answer unfavorably ... ^^; )

I'm working on getting myself to push forward with the Rozen Maiden and Ichiro Heian mangas right now (I don't know what it is with me and stalling on manga! @_@) so I don't want to divert attention away from them by going back to KS, but I should definitely finish off the Shizune path which I just left hanging at the start of the final act and I should then go ahead and play the Lilly path. If you guys keep playing and posting, maybe it'll make me feel left out enough to want to pick it back up and play too.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #139
deoxys
Fog Badge

I don't get it, on the hill I answered with "It's my condition" and it still threw me off their path. WHAT DOES THIS GAME WANT FROM ME

edit: Then again, Hanako wasn't with us, it was just Rin and Lilly... perhaps it's because I had been keeping my distance from Hanako the whole play through.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #140
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The reason that choice knocks you off Lily's path is because being stubborn about your condition is part of Lily's path. Do you want a blind girl feeling sorry for you? No! You pity the damn blind girl! You don't show her your weakness, you show her that she's weak!

Actually, I forgot what choices landed on her path. I know you have to pay a little attention to Extra Crispy, I mean Hanako. I think answering "it's my condition" is also what lands you on Lily's path, since it plants that pity into Lily, where she's gonna look down on you and spit on you. "Look at the poor boy with the heart condition. I bet you can't even look at porn without having a heart attack."
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #141
deoxys
Fog Badge

...wat

So, first you say not to answer that way... then you say to do that...

Goddammit, Lily is the coolest. Well, Rin is kinda cool. I suppose.

I have to admit, before I played Katawa Shoujo, I said to myself "I bet the legless girl is on track and is the best one calling it now", and guess what. I mean.. I don't mean to be that way but it was rather predictable :l
Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #142
deoxys
Fog Badge

So let me just say I am thoroughly enjoying the Rin path, if only because it is incredibly relevant to something I am going through right now.

This line in particular popped out at me:

"Maybe it's just my own mind playing tricks on itself. Still, Rin feels like a puzzle in the form of a girl. I feel attracted to it, compelled to solve it, the overly rational part of my brain refusing to let me give up."

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

edit: Aaand so he does it!

And down in flames he goes, denied fast and hard, almost as if it's foreshadowing my own life in the coming weeks! I feel so weird right now at how incredibly relevant this all is.

Last edited by deoxys; 05-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #143
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sorry to triple post, but I just ended Rin's Path (all three ways) and I wanted to talk about it.

That was emotionally charged as hell. Rin's story is a tragedy, unless you pick the ending that is the best one (and thankfully my first path, opting to go back and check out the other two afterwards). Everything about her is depressing and quite honestly had made me feel left kind of melancholy, and more so than usual at that. While I did enjoy her good end because it brought closure to her story and resolved her problems, the other two were ones I am glad I didn't get. Too depressing. I admit, I was kind of "She's an interesting character, but I have no real interest in her path" before I jumped on her path as a last resort, but once I was on it my opinion changed completely.

Very surprisingly sad... I wasn't really ready for it. I haven't any idea about the other character's stories, but I can't imagine that any of them could be any more complex and emotional than hers was. The entire time, she was just a girl who needed a friend who could just look at her and say "I understand" or "I am here for you". And in a way, I feel like I can relate to how she felt more and more as I progressed through her story.

So, even though I didn't get to take the path I was aiming for, I am glad in the end that this is the one I wound up on, just because it was one I could personally relate to in more ways than one. Not quite sure I will feel as satisfied with anyone else's story as I was with hers.

And now I will take a break from Katawa Shoujo for a good few days before I go back and try a new path, because I am seriously burnt out. Even though the game says it took me 14 hours, not counting the amount of time I had the window open and not playing, I probably spent a good 9 hours on the story. I have no idea how Kind flew through it that fast, but then again, I am a slow reader, as I like to envision the story in my mind as it is being described, as if I were there.

All in all, I wouldn't call this an H-Game. No, I think that's pretty lame to just describe it as such. I think this is just a romantic story that builds around tragedy and the process of healing and acceptance, with a few very brief mature scenes (albeit some of them a bit awkward at times). It is a story of hope and sorrow, and a story of love and finding love where it is just an illusion.

It's a story for everyone.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #144
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
All in all, I wouldn't call this an H-Game. No, I think that's pretty lame to just describe it as such. I think this is just a romantic story that builds around tragedy and the process of healing and acceptance, with a few very brief mature scenes (albeit some of them a bit awkward at times). It is a story of hope and sorrow, and a story of love and finding love where it is just an illusion.

It's a story for everyone.
This is a beautiful line.
Though I was under the opinion that most Eroge are like this. ._.
*So says the person with zero Eroge experience*

EDIT: Oh. Right. The game.
I haven't played in a while for reasons similar to Talon's- when I get a spot of free time with all my work done, it's usually spent reading Yumekui Merry, playing hacks or making hacks.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 05-03-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #145
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Glad you enjoyed it. Your post sure makes it sound like you're another solid member of the Rin Herd , but we'll see! We'll see. You've still got four other paths to explore.

What did you think about ...

Rin Act 4 spoilers

... that asshole teacher of hers? I never cared for him to begin with. I think aura (the writer for Rin's path) did a fantastic job of making him the sort of character that rubs the reader the wrong way and yet otherwise seems completely harmless, maybe even a nice fellow. JUST like what might happen in real life when you run into people. "Everyone seems to like him but ... I dunno ... I don't like him. " And then you're proven right with that terrible bit where he completely loses his cool and rips Rin five new ones. What a jerk.

I guess some other, more general things to ask you about are ...

What do you think of the music? Everyone has different tastes. Curious to see what you thought of the soundtrack given that a lot of the music you seem to like. Which were your favorite tunes of the ones you've heard so far?

What was your favorite CG in this path? If I had to guess, it'd probably be ...

the final one in the field with the sunflowers

but I dunno. You tell me.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #146
deoxys
Fog Badge

Nomiya, while a character that you could never be sure of, and while nice, always was trying to project his own visions and beliefs onto Ring, which I caught onto from the very beginning. Kind of like the stereotypical dad which forces his son to play football even though he wasn't sure he wanted to, just so he could feel good about himself instead of caring about his son's feelings. I completely hate that.

The soundtrack is great! I love mix of music a lot. I'm considering trying to find the OST... it's something I'd even pay for. As for favorite songs, I really quite enjoy Innocence, Friendship's melodic ode to Canon in D (intentional or not), Lullaby of Open Eyes (which really gives me feels... almost want to tear up hearing it), Raindrops and Puddles (events if it sounds like generic town music in an RPG), and while not a favorite, Caged Heart really makes you feel the fragility of the situation whenever it plays, which is distressing.

Is it bad that I'm actually falling into this kind of weird depression now that the path is finished? Like I feel like while it ended well enough, I kind of want more, like
to see what happens to Hisuao and Rin over the course of the following year. I feel like they got together and then that was just kinda it. What happens next? It bothers me... you know what got closure spot on just right? Fruit's Basket. Can I get some of that kind of closure up in here please!?

I wont lie, I'm finding myself actually already wanting to play more, but... I grew so accustomed to Run that I'm not sure I really want to do another story

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 05-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #147
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I know the feeling. It happened to me after I finished with Hanako's path. (Not so much after Emi's since Hanako was my #1 girl whose path I wanted to play, but definitely after finishing Hanako's.)

You can get the soundtrack, no hassle, straight off the website from the makers of the game. See: this link, then click on the DDL link for the soundtrack, "Katawa Shoujo Enigmatic Box of Sound".
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #148
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I wont lie, I'm finding myself actually already wanting to play more, but... I grew so accustomed to Run that I'm not sure I really want to do another story
It gets worse if you delve into science fiction based stories.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #149
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well, I went through last night and created 4 new save files and successfully docked onto each girl's path in each file... only really needed the help of a walkthrough on Hanako's and Shizune's, Emi's and Lilly's became obvious to me after that.

So, I guess here I am... now debating between Shizune's and Lilly's next, because I hear Shizune's is pretty riveting.

Also, sorry about the poorly written previous post, it was written from my phone. Talon, the CG you guessed was definitely my favorite.

As for all the cutscenes now being unlocked for me, I'd definitely have to say my favorite is Hanako's. It was incredibly well made... I even inadvertantly mouthed "holy shit" at how good it was. I kind of wish there was a Katawa Shoujo anime...

Last edited by deoxys; 05-04-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #150
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That's a very interesting play approach. I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I can't say I like it personally but I see no problem with it. Different strokes for different folks. It's certainly one way to "shop around," as it were, with each of the remaining girls and then be able to decide whose path you think you're most excited to dock onto next. (Though how could you not be most excited to dock onto Hanako's!? *grumble grumble* [/best pony arguments] )

There's something you said though that I'm going to have to raise my eyebrows at colossally: "because I hear Shizune's is pretty riveting." HuhWHAAAAAAAT now!? O_o I have never ever heard ANYONE describe Shizune's path as "riveting." bbb, bored. Talon, disappointed. Yuki, meh. The Katawa Shoujo forum while I was browsing it daily from January through mid-February, a collective disappointment. Sure, there are some people who say "SHIZUNE IS THE BEST! " still but those people have always been few and far between. Unless there was a v.2.0 path that I'm just not aware of that completely rewrote her story ... ... ... I gotta ask you, who did you hear this from? >.< ^^; 'Cause I mean, they don't have to be wrong, per se. It could 100% be riveting for you personally. But I've just ... I've never heard someone use that word to describe Shizune's path overall. (Maybe a specific scene at the very end of Act 3, sure, but the path overall ...!?) I usually hear that word reserved for Rin's or Hanako's paths. (Have avoided Lilly path discussion so I dunno if they use that word for that path or not but I do know that it typically wins the e-peen arguments within the fandom for Best Path of the Game, so ... *shrug*)

Anyway, if you do dock onto Shizune's, I hope you enjoy it. There should be plenty of older posts for you to have fun reading in this thread if you do. bbb's (path complete), Yuki's? (path complete), and mine (path almost complete).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime