UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #326
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Why does Vralon call himself a kitty so frequently? Is he a furry?

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #327
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
Why does Vralon call himself a kitty so frequently? Is he a furry?
No. And this would have been wittier had you written "afury" instead. Would have fit in nicely with Concept's "bloody angry kitty" comment. Since afury isn't a real word all on its own and relies on the reader to recognize furry and English words like ablaze or askew, I suppose I could also have accepted the more beat-you-over-the-head obvious word combination of "furyious."

I say I'm a sleepy grouchy kitty because I am a sleepy grouchy kitty. You speak English. Figure it out.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #328
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Seriously, Vran.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #329
Emp
Volcano Badge

I'm kinda upset that there are two people with cat-related avatars on this site, yet there's a serious lack of LOLCATZ about them ;-;

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #330
deoxys
Fog Badge

I really hope Vran is a cat. That would be awesome.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #331
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

>Seriously, Vran.

Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #332
deoxys
Fog Badge

http://pokebeach.com/2009/06/heartgo...k-city-box-art

New info and pics today. Reveals a pretty large new area west of Cianwood, and a new large tower west of Goldenrod. Also, no ones pointing it out, but is it just me or is that a big new area west of Lake of Rage? And I'm really starting to like the inclusion of Pokemon following you. It's actually neat. Also, this new map basically confirms Kanto, as you can clearly see part of it.

Unfortunately I don't think Hoenn is going to be in it ;_;
Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #333
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

New info and pics today. Reveals a pretty large new area west of Cianwood, and a new large tower west of Goldenrod. Also, no ones pointing it out, but is it just me or is that a big new area west of Lake of Rage? And I'm really starting to like the inclusion of Pokemon following you. It's actually neat. Also, this new map basically confirms Kanto, as you can clearly see part of it.

Actually, the only part of Kanto that can be seen is the path to the E4, which would be necassary whether or not Kanto as a whole was included as access to Johto's E4. The new areas of Johto definitely interest me, and I can but hope that they're signs of Johto's expansion into a fully-fledged region that doesn't need Kanto.

I expect you're right though.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #334
deoxys
Fog Badge

So basically, if you take Arceus to the Ruins of Alph, the Shinto Ruins will appear next to them, and when you go in, Cynthia appears and you pick one of the three dragons to create. Then Unown fly around and bam.

And it turns out the special Jirachi area is a Pokewalker area only with special items and pokemon.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #335
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

GS wouldn't be the same without Kanto. :x

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #336
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
GS wouldn't be the same without Kanto. :x
You're right. It would, IMHO, be better, but that's purely subjective. Not that I don't like Kanto, you understand; it's awesome when the focus of its own game (FRLG rocks), but it always felt kind of just stuck on the end to make the developers lives easier to me.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #337
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
You're right. It would, IMHO, be better, but that's purely subjective. Not that I don't like Kanto, you understand; it's awesome when the focus of its own game (FRLG rocks), but it always felt kind of just stuck on the end to make the developers lives easier to me.
Happy birthday
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #338
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Thankee kindly .
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #339
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
I agree that it felt half-assed, but it extended the game and made it a bit more challenging. That's one thing I really liked about GSC: It didn't end after the E4.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #340
Emp
Volcano Badge

I remember how shocked I was when I first stepped on Kanto land, the fact I didn't have the internet and had no clue myself made it one of the most exciting points in GS, imo. I don't see how you can dislike the addition Concept, you could always stop playing after you beat the E4 since that's basicly what you're asking for.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #341
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
I remember how shocked I was when I first stepped on Kanto land, the fact I didn't have the internet and had no clue myself made it one of the most exciting points in GS, imo. I don't see how you can dislike the addition Concept, you could always stop playing after you beat the E4 since that's basicly what you're asking for.
And indeed I often do that. But it's not as if Johto is identical to the way it would be if Kanto weren't there; Kanto's presence forces them to shorten Johto and make it easier, to make room for a higher levelled Kanto. It makes Johto less than it could have been.

I can dislike the addition because as Jeri said it felt half-arsed. It was like they were running out of time, so just made a short region and tagged old stuff on the end. What plot there was had stopped by that point. People had fixed teams. It was just there for the challenge which as I've said before could easily be filled with a shorter, Sevvi Islands-esque area or a battle frontier with decent facilities (preferably the former, as that had the cool TR plotline).

I, too was totally pumped when I first stepped into Kanto on Gold. This being prior to having actually discovered how brief it was. People say that Kanto made the game the longest one of the lot; not true. I can finish crystal faster than any other pokemon game, because Johto is so short and by the time you reach Kanto, there's basically nothing to do except zip round in literally half an hour and beat all the gyms.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #342
deoxys
Fog Badge

I think if they adjusted the experience points system for two regions, it could be pulled off so that Kanto trainers were harder.

Or, they could up all of the Kanto trainers levels, or they could make the E4 after Kanto so that Kanto wasn't as easy as it was.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #343
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
I think if they adjusted the experience points system for two regions, it could be pulled off so that Kanto trainers were harder.

Or, they could up all of the Kanto trainers levels, or they could make the E4 after Kanto so that Kanto wasn't as easy as it was.
If they made it so Johto went up to the late 50's/early 60's, then kept Kanto going from the mid 50's to 70 odd, I'd be so happy.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #344
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
And indeed I often do that. But it's not as if Johto is identical to the way it would be if Kanto weren't there; Kanto's presence forces them to shorten Johto and make it easier, to make room for a higher levelled Kanto. It makes Johto less than it could have been.

I can dislike the addition because as Jeri said it felt half-arsed. It was like they were running out of time, so just made a short region and tagged old stuff on the end. What plot there was had stopped by that point. People had fixed teams. It was just there for the challenge which as I've said before could easily be filled with a shorter, Sevvi Islands-esque area or a battle frontier with decent facilities (preferably the former, as that had the cool TR plotline).

I, too was totally pumped when I first stepped into Kanto on Gold. This being prior to having actually discovered how brief it was. People say that Kanto made the game the longest one of the lot; not true. I can finish crystal faster than any other pokemon game, because Johto is so short and by the time you reach Kanto, there's basically nothing to do except zip round in literally half an hour and beat all the gyms.

I see your point, but I think GameFreak will do a better this time around. I doubt Kanto will feel half assed at all. I'm also sure the plot woll probably extend over into Kanto. I mean they can't really just have you go over there and it be like "lol timewarp! Does this bring back memories or what?", because yes, the addition of Kanto is what made GSC, but that is what they did with this.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #345
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
If they made it so Johto went up to the late 50's/early 60's, then kept Kanto going from the mid 50's to 70 odd, I'd be so happy.
Something like this, that's basically what I mean.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #346
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Quote:

That Lake of Rage area is actually in the game, its a little maze thing to its left you can follow and get to a house with a TM or something. I remember I never explored that part and was surprised on discovering it in a replay.
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #347
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
I like how Unown is getting some attention again, with that Ruins of Shinkosomething plot. Unown are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagroß: Male Beldum
Metagroß is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagroß' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagroß sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagroß' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagroß has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #348
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
That Lake of Rage area is actually in the game, its a little maze thing to its left you can follow and get to a house with a TM or something. I remember I never explored that part and was surprised on discovering it in a replay.
It's like Hidden Power or something.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #349
deoxys
Fog Badge

Release date is September 12 in Japan :o
Old 06-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #350