UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #701
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
While it is disgusting people watch it anyway, for reasons I'll never know.

In any matter, I saw Cross Game 07 earlier today and I'm confused. Is there some rule that the coach of a high school sports team can force any player on a middle school or elementary school team to practice with the high school? Without objection? I find it really strange.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #702
Vran
Cascade Badge

As a courtesy to fans of Suzumiya Haruhi, I didn't see a thread here for these videos so I thought I should point them out to you.

If you are:
1. a big fan of Haruhi,
2. a fan of Lucky Star, and
3. a big fan of 2chan memes,

then you will love Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu.

I only fit #1, but I still enjoyed these. I think if you like all three you'll be laughing until your eyes can't produce more tears.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Here's the original opening to these. I don't know why, but it got clipped off of Kadokawa's streams as well as all of the fansub groups' videos. Best opening in a long time starting at 0:34. メイド!メイド!冥土の土産! Gets me every time. Peppy tune, quirky puns.

Last edited by Vran; 05-22-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Vran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #703
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Heh, I has the first episode of Haruhi S2 downloaded and about to start (not checking the haruhi thread until I get through watching.) I'm also gonna start on K-on.

Off I go!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #704
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
I'm also gonna start on K-on.
BBB's comments make me a sad masquerader.

You should be watching Saki and get enamoured with the characters. "I don't quite understand how to play, but everyone's so adorable I can't help but watch more! ^O^".

How about I introduce you to Idolmaster? Check out this video. I'm not trying to be subliminal with the title.

Go My Way!!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-23-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #705
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
How about I introduce you to Idolmaster?
Since when are you a lolikon? Since when do you introduce lolis to big bad birtha? Quark says it best in the first 20 seconds of this video.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #706
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm sensing some dislike towards K-on XD; Though, I'm mostly going after it based off curiosity, since most everyone I know is watching it.

Also, I've seen some Idolmaster songies before. They're usually in the Nicovideo chaos videos.

One more thing, episode of Haruhi has been watched.

EDIT: Err....have I met before Vranvran? o_O You seem to know us pretty well. (suspicious)

Now, I guess I'll introduce something....NATSUKI ZONE!

Last edited by big bad birtha; 05-24-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #707
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vran View Post
Since when are you a lolikon?
I'm not.

Quote:
Since when do you introduce lolis to big bad birtha?
I'm fighting fire with fire.

That poor guy has had his soul sucked away with his near alcoholic addiction to Mabinogi. Morg and I have been trying all sorts of remedies to "sober him up" but he suffers relapse after just a few days.

On record, what do you think of this Vran?

Quote:
I'm sensing some dislike towards K-on XD; Though, I'm mostly going after it based off curiosity, since most everyone I know is watching it.
It's just the latest from Kyoto Animation's manufactured moe machine.

I find it worse than Lucky Star in many respects.

Quote:
Also, I've seen some Idolmaster songies before. They're usually in the Nicovideo chaos videos.
...chaos?

And I've got translations!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-24-2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #708
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I has the first two episodes of Saki downloadeded. If I likes it, I'll download moar.

Also, the "chaos" nicovideo thing I mentioned really isn't chaotic. One of them is just called that. Here's an example. All of them have Idolmaster in it, but this is the only one where it starts it off. (kinda)

Though, speaking of Idolmaster, exactly what is it? XD; I've only seen clips from it and haven't bothered to look it up.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #709
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Idolmaster is sort of a cross between a visual novel and DDR, although you don't do the actual dancing, the idol does.

The role played is "The Producer", a 20-something college graduate who works at this talent agency as the supervisor for a number of adolescent or young adult singer/dancers. His role is basically to engineer them into superstars, and so everything from their clothes, to style of song and dance routines are choreographed and designed by him. Their "public faces" too, since he's interacting with them in the same way a parent, uncle, brother or guardian would.

I really like the music. Many of the songs end up really good, but Haruka's tend to be something special.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #710
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I really like the music. Many of the songs end up really good, but Haruka's tend to be something special.
Wait, you play it?

Change gears: I have a comic I think you might like.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #711
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Gah! It seems the two episodes of Saki I downloaded are off-tone ~.~ I guess I'll have to download another set.

Also, I watched the first two episodes of K-On. I might get lynched, but it doesn't really seem that bad. I kinda like it from what I've seen actually =x
Old 05-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #712
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Vran: That's Azusa, although she's not one of my favourite idols. One quirk about her that I do like is she's a "let destiny find me" type of person, which is similar to me. I tend to be proactive when it comes to doing things but I'd once like for something to just land in my lap. It never happens. D:

Anyway, on the subject of Idolmaster -

Idols I like:

Ritsuko
Haruka
Makoto
Chihaya

Idols I don't care for:

Iori
Azusa
Yayoi
Miki

Idols I don't like:

Ami
Mami
Yukiho

Ritsuko, Haruka, and Chihaya are easily the best singers. I love listening to them, but to top it off they're also among the best dancers. In-game it's harder to get them to screw up on screen because talking to them is so easy. They're also the least "gimmicky" as the other girls - part of the Idol making process is to establish gimmicks that would attract people, but those three are wholesome enough to not require them.

Makoto is a strong supporting singer, as her voice is alto while the other girls are soprano or above. Individually, she's weak, though some songs fit her better. Not my utmost favourite voice but still good. She's rather good with the dancing as well.

I'm sorry but Miki is a witch, although she's one of the better looking idols. I think her awful personality was a good start since she apparently changes by the end of the game. Azusa + Yayoi are a bit boring and Iori is the typical Kugumiya Rie (yes, Rie is the CV) style rich spoiled loli. I even think "Iori" was selected as a name because it sort of sounds like "rori". :V They all sing alright.

Yukiho has a horribly annoying personality that NEVER changes, a crybaby afraid of everything who is dichotomously able to sexualize herself. No thank you, although she is a decent singer. The twins are the worst - tearfully painful voices which equates awful singing, very baby-like personalities and actually being lolis (12 years old) really puts them to the top of the dislike list.

Quote:
Gah! It seems the two episodes of Saki I downloaded are off-tone ~.~ I guess I'll have to download another set.
Use Underwater-Mahjong. Those are the releases of #mahjong, and I actually "subbed" the first episode.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #713
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Okilee dokilee, the first two of episodes of Saki hash been downloaded and watched (by the subgroup you requested as well.) Anyway, I have no idea what they're talking about most of the time, but it's entertaining atleast. I shall continue with it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #714
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Status report.

I'm quite pleased with all of the shows I've put on my plate for this season...I daresay, I chose well. Nothing thus far has put me in grief and all of the shows are highly recommended.

I'm compelled to post because I'm almost done with Natsu no Arashi 07. It's an earlier story by Kobayashi Jin, who penned School Rumble. I always disliked SR but warmed to it a little bit, then buzzed my tongue in disgust. It's a messy title...but this one is quite consistent and well written. There's some humour, but it's a lot more serious and the drama is genuinely good.

The first episode is sort of misleading.

Recommended! I won't say highly just yet, but it's shaping up to be an excellent title.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #715
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I've watched all of the available episodes of K-On, and I've actually enjoyed them. So far, it's been a really funny show without much drama (craving something really lighthearted.) Anyway, I'll continue with this series and hope it continues like it has been.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #716
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Too many of K-ON!'s characters look like ヽ(´ー`)ノ for my tastes. I can't stand those putty faces! It's even worse than Lucky Star's :3 kind of expression.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #717
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've just finished One Outs. It had one of the best endings I've ever seen, a number of which can be counted on one hand. I'm still partial to Akagi and Kaiji, but I'm considering adding OO to my Masterpiece list, since it was consistently good up through the epilogue.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #718
Vran
Cascade Badge

K-On!: through episode 08. It's nice to see that at least one fresh face is joining the group, but what role is Azusa going to fill? The group already has a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist, and a keyboardist. The bassist and the guitarist are decent-enough at singing and playing at the same time, so that means vocals are covered too. What will the fifth member contribute? I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Given her interest in jazz ... don't tell me she's going to bring in a saxophone!? How would that fit with the keionbu's pop-rock image they've got going on for themselves right now?

Haruhi S2: still waiting on episode 02, naturally.

Toradora: still waiting for qq to sub more episodes. The latest episode I've seen is episode 10, and the last one they subbed was episode 11, so ...

Yu-Gi-Oh!: likewise, still waiting for one of the fansub groups to sub episodes 220 thru 224.

Hyoten: likewise.

Atsu-hime: downloading the HD raws and the low-quality video English subtitled version makes for slow going, especially when the average episode is about 800 MB in size and the average seed strength is in that 1 to 10 kbps range.

Chi's New Home: haven't watched it in a while because I'm waiting to collect a stockpile of 20+ episodes of the show before watching again. I did this with the first season too, if I remember correctly.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #719
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Why did you pick a group like qq for an anime that's already been completed by several groups, implying qq won't release in a reasonably timely fashion? Surely Coal is not that bad?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #720
Vran
Cascade Badge

I'm of the impression that if you'd like me to fansub anime for you I could do as good a job as CoalGuys.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #721
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Once upon a time I would have jeered Coal with the best of us, but now that Mahjong works jointly with Underwater who is affiliated with Coal, I'm suddenly in a politically embarassing seat. :O

I think CoalGirls is better...but they just started and didn't do TD.

What about Eclipse?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #722
Vran
Cascade Badge

When did Eclipse touch Toradora?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 AM   #723
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Finished K-on...It's an overall funny enjoyable show, but its end was like wtf?! I don't think it concluded itself well o.x Everything's all going normally and all when the episode ends, I realize its the last episode. Though, I guess them going further would make it cliche, so ionno. I guess I just wanted moar. Other than that and the lame attempts at drama, I liked it. This also enchanced the experience in a way ;o

Now uhh....to continue on with Saki
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 AM   #724
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Working on Planetes again, finished Akira. The latter gets a C+. Planetes girl is so annoying, I want to smack her. :/

Quote:
When did Eclipse touch Toradora?
I am very much mistaken. TD has all the hallmarks of an Eclipse show...it's bizarre to see they passed on it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-22-2009, 04:09 AM   #725
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Seems the Kanon Visual Novel translation has been finished. 'tis been patched and I'm playing atm. I don't really expect too much, but maybe I'll be suprised.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime