UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #26
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Self-inserting is fun, and romhack creators tend to be nerdy shut-in teens with no responsibilities who are still kind of figuring out who they are. Is it any wonder they will choose to be the biggest, baddest, most important motherfucker in the game?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #27
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Doppel idk why you're doing all this to yourself instead of playing the actual legit games, but since ya seem to enjoy suffering do delve into the world of SMW hacks. There are loads of self-insert ones and junk based off of fanfics and just plain bizarre stuff to like SMW Call of Cthulhu.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #28
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Super Mario Bros. 2

Yeah yeah...Lindsay's comments hit me where the sun don't shine. So I got a legit NES emulator and tried something different. But as it turns out, SMB 2 is really different, with almost no gameplay similar to prior titles!

I picked this one up fairly fast but it was really, really easy and quick to beat. 3 hours tops and it's done. Admittedly, I warped to World 4 by accident, but cleared 4, 5, 6 and 7 fairly.

I don't know why this game is so easy. It was almost dull in that sense, except I beat it so quickly it didn't have time to feel dull.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #29
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Super Mario Bros. 3

I crushed this. Maybe I should rename this topic "Super Mario Bros. is easy"? Actually, I'm pretty shocked at how easy this game and SMB2 were.

By World 3-4, I had 99 lives and had so many power ups I never used them. So while I struggled to find the Hammer, Hammer Suit and Tanooki Suit (only getting about 5 between them in the whole game) the majority of the game was easy. The levels that were challenging I was able to work around with stuff like the P-Cloud or shortcuts.

I have no idea why these two games were easy, or why SMW backtracked on the finer controls of SMB3. The bosses were also bad/boring, requiring the same strategy to beat them. By comparison I think Yoshi's Island had far and away the best boss design, requiring you to use different mechanics each time to win. You had to problem solve to beat the bosses in that game.

I think if I were recommending a challenge, Super Mario Bros. > Super Mario World and now my final challenge...The Lost Levels.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #30
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

I beat this in about 4 hours with cheating. Rather than allow myself to die and play the level over again, I used save states to rehearse parts before clearing each level.

This game was stupid. It was more trolly than difficult. The 'hard' parts were not actually that hard at all. What was irritating were some gimmick bottlenecks early - I think of the castle in 2-4 or something where you had to land on three Goomba to avoid falling into a pit - along with the horrific Warp 1 tunnel, left a profoundly negative impression on people. Same applies to some of the inane looping puzzles like one that required Mario to be small to not loop forever.

Ultimately, I found this easier than Super Mario Bros. HTML5 but I was also less experienced when I played that game, and practice with the other Mario games (not to mention learning some tips from the 'speed run' videos) helped me to clear this without much trouble.

I found this easier than Super Mario World too, but again that might have been a function of when I played it.

I found the controls for Lost Levels easier than SMB. I still have not beaten the original; just the fake version.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-22-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #31
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I'd still put real Mario 2 above fake Mario 2. Real may troll ya but fake is boring and bleh and not being able to stomp on baddies bites. SMW is usually ranked as the easiest but its also pretty vanilla and bland. 3's the best balance of level length, secrets, powerups, all that good stuffs.

Now go play Vs. Super Mario Bros.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #32
chelovek
Pokemon Trainer

i checked it and can say that dota is harder, just check hawkbets with it`s statistic
chelovek is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games