Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #651
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #652
Mercutio
Banned

So I watched Iron Man 3. It was ok. Better than two, probably would have liked it more if I was 10 and needed stuff spoon fed to me that much.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #653
Mercutio
Banned

Damn. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was incredibly lame. I put it on specifically because I thought it would be awesome.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #654
Mercutio
Banned

Triple post!

Just saw Filth in the cinema. It is messed up. I think I liked it, though I found it hard to follow at points. The cast is brilliant and the soundtrack is fantastic but it goes perhaps a little far of its way to be controversial.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #655
Sneaze
Mrow?

Because both The Croods and Monsters University came out on Redbox today, I managed to watch them both.

Both were actually much better than I expected, even if they did have the usual levels of "Oh god the cheese I can taste it."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #656
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Saw Iron Man 3 yesterday, not as good as the first, probably on par or slightly better than second. Wheeee!
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:10 AM   #657
Torkoal Stu
This

Saw Thor 2 yesterday, much better than the first one and they managed to strike the right balance between the emotion and humour. Cause sometimes I find the Marvel movies a little try hard in the humour department.

Also Christopher Hemsworth is totally beautiful and I wish I could marry him. And the visuals (other than Chris) we're stunning.

Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 10-31-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #658
Mercutio
Banned

Was Natalie Portman hot? I might have to go just for her...er... acting. Also, is Christopher Eccleston in it much?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #659
Torkoal Stu
This

Natalie Portman had a lot of good bits, but she didn't have a mostly naked scene or anything.

And Christopher Eccelston was in it loads but I didn't realise it was him at the time.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #660
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
What Stu said, just seen it myself. I agree with his analysis that there's a good balance between the laughs and serious stuff.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #661
Mercutio
Banned

Sounds good, I'll have to go check it out at some point.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #662
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Did it come out earlier in the UK cause it doesn't come out for another week here in the states.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #663
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quote:
Thor: The Dark World premiered at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on October 22, 2013. It was internationally released on October 30, 2013, and is scheduled to be released on November 8, 2013, in the United States.
Ahahahahaha.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #664
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Finally got around to watching Beautiful Thing. Sure it is ridiculously dated due to whatever slang they were using, but it was such a good, heartfelt movie. I really enjoyed watching it, and words don't describe how happy I was to watch a gay movie that actually had a happy ending.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #665
Mercutio
Banned

Watched After Earth. Man. That kid just cannot act, can he.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #666
Mercutio
Banned

So I just watched Kick Ass 2. I am definitely going to hell.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #667
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
So I just watched Kick Ass 2. I am definitely going to hell.
For the same reasons as me?

Good man either way.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #668
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah there's a special circle for people like us. Dante would have us flayed alive with the hair of barbie dolls.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #669
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Kick Ass 1 was so far off from the comic I really couldn't enjoy it. Seeing what people were saying about Kick Ass 2 slightly surprised me that it was a bit more accurate, but was a total failure simply because they couldn't balance the violence and the family nature of films. Honestly, that movie is more family friendly than the actual comic series was.

I really hope they don't push for a third film.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #670
Mercutio
Banned

Judging from the end of it, they're definitely going to.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #671
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Blue Jasmine is something I watched recently. Cate Blanchett was amazing, as usual, but it's not my favourite Woody Allen. I guess I'm too attached to Annie Hall and will always compare Allen's films to that flagship one.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #672
Torkoal Stu
This

I watched The Purge today.

It's about the US after they've instated a law that means there's a 12 hour window one day a year where things that are normally illegal (Drugs, murder, rape etc.) become legal. The logic behind it being that in the long run it will help prevent illegal activity as people 'save' it all for that one window. To be fair I haven't described it very well but that is what drew me in initially, because I think it was a very interesting concept.

On the whole though I was slightly disappointed, partly due to the direction in which they decided to focus. I think if they had based it on people stuck in the middle of all this chaos trying to survive or something it would have been more powerful, rather than focusing on this one particular family locked in their house and dealing with things that kick off. Secondly the characters weren't likeable enough, like I really didn't care if they lived or died, there was nothing to make them endearing and were fairly two dimensional.

But the idea itself is good enough for it to deserve a watch, but its sad because they could have done so much more with the concept. Quite a bit of wasted potential in my eyes.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #673
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post

It's about the US after they've instated a law that means there's a 12 hour window one day a year where things that are normally illegal (Drugs, murder, rape etc.) become legal. The logic behind it being that in the long run it will help prevent illegal activity as people 'save' it all for that one window. To be fair I haven't described it very well but that is what drew me in initially, because I think it was a very interesting concept.

On the whole though I was slightly disappointed, partly due to the direction in which they decided to focus. I think if they had based it on people stuck in the middle of all this chaos trying to survive or something it would have been more powerful, rather than focusing on this one particular family locked in their house and dealing with things that kick off. Secondly the characters weren't likeable enough, like I really didn't care if they lived or died, there was nothing to make them endearing and were fairly two dimensional.

But the idea itself is good enough for it to deserve a watch, but its sad because they could have done so much more with the concept. Quite a bit of wasted potential in my eyes.
I remember watching this film with some mates from my football team. The only memorable part is when Lena Headey
Spoiler: show
smashes that blonde neighbour's face against the glass table.
Despite the innovative concept, the rest of the film was unintentionally funny at times. :/
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #674
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post

100% agree. I fucking love this idea. I think it would be perfect for something like a dystopian work. And they completely wasted it. I really hope there are other filmmakers willing to try this concept in a different light, because some truly powerful things about the human condition could be done with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #675
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
I remember watching this film with some mates from my football team. The only memorable part is when Lena Headey
smashes that blonde neighbour's face against the glass table.
Despite the innovative concept, the rest of the film was unintentionally funny at times. :/
That bit was probably my favourite bit of the whole film to be fair.

Also I don't know if I missed it but I'm pretty sure they never explained,

why the daughter's boyfriend tried to shoot the Dad at the begining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
100% agree. I fucking love this idea. I think it would be perfect for something like a dystopian work. And they completely wasted it. I really hope there are other filmmakers willing to try this concept in a different light, because some truly powerful things about the human condition could be done with it.
Definitely. I was actually surprised they had a concept that was so much about the human condition and human nature, but then decided to have the plot so it became almost completely removed from these themes. A strange decision for such an interesting idea.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment