UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
To anyone who beat the game: What was your playtime at when you finished it?
I would tell you, and gladly so, except... I don't remember what my playtime was at when I finished it, and I don't know how to check- there's no more Hall of Fame feature on the PC, at least as far as I can tell.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #52
deoxys
Fog Badge

I am taking my dear, sweet time savoring every moment of this, checking every nook and cranny, looking for Pokemon everywhere.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 AM   #53
satosere
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I am taking my dear, sweet time savoring every moment of this, checking every nook and cranny, looking for Pokemon everywhere.
Me too ^__^

I haven't started Sun yet, but here's my team in Moon:

Litten (Jacob); Lv. 11
Yungoos (Olivia); Lv. 7
Alolan Rattata (Lilly); Lv. 8
Wingull (Evie) Lv. 8

...obviously I'm going to catch more, I haven't even gotten to the first trial yet :3

I'm really taking my sweet time with this lol!
Old 11-22-2016, 04:35 AM   #54
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I can't believe my first shiny is a Pikipek *flips table*

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #55
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

My copy of Moon arrived this morning, a day early. Time to catch up bitches.

... After I spend three hours hi-fiving the shit out of my Popplio because omg so cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #56
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I am so fucking tired of cutscenes. If I'd known this game was going to try its hand at visual novel storytelling Idk if I would have bought it.

This is definitely the most intrusive the story has ever been, imo.

...But I do like the rapping villains. Unexpected chuckles from how ridiculous they are.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #57
satosere
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
I am so fucking tired of cutscenes. If I'd known this game was going to try its hand at visual novel storytelling Idk if I would have bought it.

...But I do like the rapping villains. Unexpected chuckles from how ridiculous they are.
Are you kidding? The cutscenes are the best! I think the story/plot(s) of Pokemon games are the greatest parts!!

....and I haven't gotten to Team Skull yet- I'm taking a long time I know- but when I played the demo they were pretty funny. They looked like they were from the hood lol

Hey, I have a question that I've always wanted to ask- How do you get shinies?? I'm so confused about them. If someone could tell me like where(?) and how(?) to find them that would be nice.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:44 AM   #58
Ger
Cascade Badge

My team so far

Incineroar, LV 35
Crabrawler, LV 34
Toucannon, LV 34
Ribombee, LV 34
Slowpoke, LV 34

I'm stuck on who to catch as the sixth member, overall I think the game is a vast improvement from previous titles. The story and character interactions are awesome as well as the amount of team options you can have meaning different experiences for different playthroughs.

I think the whole change from gym leaders to island trials is a good change, for me the whole standard model for the games was getting very stale and hard to get into but i feel this game has changed that and has brought some new life to the franchise overall.

Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #59
Lady Kuno

Quote:

Gen 1 had cutscenes too. It was just Gary walking to you, talking for a bit, then walking away. It's a different medium now that we have actual graphics.

(Also Im pretty sure BW was the first to have real "cutscenes" but everyone always forgets about BW )

Old 11-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #60
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Idk maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I don't like having my gameplay effectively paused this often.

It really does feel like I'm being walked from Plot Point A to Plot Point B with some pokemon battles in between, at least so far.

I greatly preferred the Gen1 style storytelling which felt much more exploratory.

UP TO THIS POINT, mind. I'm giving it a fair shot. I'm just not a huge fan of having story shoved in my face, especially since this is Pokemon and the written story is never going to be a fantastic, nuanced, interesting narrative the way a more indirect story will be.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #61
Lady Kuno

Quote:
I greatly preferred the Gen1 style storytelling which felt much more exploratory.

UP TO THIS POINT, mind. I'm giving it a fair shot. I'm just not a huge fan of having story shoved in my face, especially since this is Pokemon and the written story is never going to be a fantastic, nuanced, interesting narrative the way a more indirect story will be.
Gen 1 didn't really.. have a story. It was a string of fetch quests. "Beat up everyone at X. Beat up everyone at Y." There was no real character development by anyone. You saw Gary/Giovanni a few times throughout the game but like that was it.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #62
Lady Kuno

Back to Sun/Moon talk... somehow one of my Pokemon completely lost all its affection (it was level 5 before).

????

Old 11-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #63
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Gen 1 had cutscenes too. It was just Gary walking to you, talking for a bit, then walking away. It's a different medium now that we have actual graphics.

(Also Im pretty sure BW was the first to have real "cutscenes" but everyone always forgets about BW )
I'd like to comment on that notion Kuno.

BW may have had cutscenes, such as the rising castle and N meeting his dragon, but it's been pipped to the post by older games. HGSS had that cutscene where the cover legend arrived on the scene, Diamond and Pearl beforehand had the weird wobbly sky thing at the Spear Pillar. Hell, even Emerald had the whole scene with Kyogre and Groudon, then Rayquaza schooling them both. Each of those scenes viewed in a different medium from the rest of the gameplay, each I consider a seperate cutscene. They really only started getting good at HGSS.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #64
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Idk maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I don't like having my gameplay effectively paused this often.

It really does feel like I'm being walked from Plot Point A to Plot Point B with some pokemon battles in between, at least so far.

Kind of agreeing. I like the story, but one of the things I've historically enjoyed doing with Pokemon is crafting my own narrative. Which you can do with this, but the story is a lot more structured and not really on the backburner. Out of all of the games with focus on story, this series is by far the most in your face with it. Again, for me, not a huge gripe... more like... I feel less like this is my story, and more like this is a story, that I'm experiencing, rather than making. Meh.

That aside... trying to decide between Wishiwashi and Dewpider for my current Water type (though it could change down the road if I find something I'd rather have), and whether or not I should use Crabrawler. Crabominable (I think is its name) is such a... such a weird, hilarious joke of a Pokemon (It evolved because it literally aimed for the top but got lost in the snow). Though, if I do go with it, I'll probably eventually phase it out for Vulpix.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #65
Lady Kuno

I want to fill up my dex but it looks like there's a limited amount of some stones (Ice Stone, for example). Is this true?

Old 11-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #66
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Being stopped all the damn time while I'm trying to start the game is pretty irritating, but the start of most Pokemon games are like that. In a recent replay of Heartgold, I got irritated because I kept getting stopped and had people explain things to me while I was trying to do stuff. I don't remember if it was like that in the original gen 2.

So to anyone who has a male character. Does he seem soulless to you? The female character creeps me out. No matter what happens, she keeps this soulless smile. Serena didn't scare me when they made close-ups on her face. They CAN put expressions on the main character. I just don't get why they chose not to. Maybe the male isn't so bad.

I might trade Liligant for Ribombee. As much as I like Liligant, I definitely need to use a new Pokemon. Ribombee can do the quiver dance sweeping thing Liligant can do, but it has better typing and speed. I was originally deciding between Ribombee and Vikavolt, but Vikavolt is way too slow.

I just love nature farming in these games. I spend two hours trying to get a modest OR timid Abra for chain battle synchronization fun, only to get 40 of them of every nature but those two. Then I realize I happen to have Eevee of those natures, and it would just be easier to evolve them into Espeon/Umbreon.

EDIT: There's apparently something in Poke Pelago where you can send some boxed Pokemon to hunt for evolution stones. I can't tell you how well it works, since I only just now unlocked it. Hopefully you'll get more out of it than the stones you can buy. It's the second upgrade of the exploration path.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #67
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah the Poke Pelago lets you hunt for evolutionary items and it was from a screenshot of that bit of it that revealed the Ice Stone as being a thing that existed, so it's safe to say there's a chance of finding one there.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #68
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Beat the first trial this evening and spent half an hour looking for Bagon on Route 3 because I am a sucker for that 1% spawn rate.

Currently running Brionne, Butterfree, Trumbeak and Crabrawler as my main party because oh my god that boxing crab is the best fucking thing. Also got Meowth as a Pickup slave.

Reminder that you can get a free Munchlax over Mystery Gift til January 11th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #69
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
I can't believe my first shiny is a Pikipek *flips table*
First ever? If you choose to train it I'm having a great time with my Toucannon. And I love shiny Toucannon.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #70
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

SoS you shouldve stayed on that bagon a little longer and gotten a level 10 salamance lmao

oh my end game team is

Decidueye
Alolan-Muk
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Bewear
Turtonator
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #71
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
First ever? If you choose to train it I'm having a great time with my Toucannon. And I love shiny Toucannon.
Not ever, just in this game. My first shiny ever was Miltank in GSC that I bred.

I accidently killed my Bagon I was chaining trying to get a Salamence. RIP me. After like an hour of chaining I forgot I was attacking the regular Bagon.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #72
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Kind of agreeing. I like the story, but one of the things I've historically enjoyed doing with Pokemon is crafting my own narrative. Which you can do with this, but the story is a lot more structured and not really on the backburner. Out of all of the games with focus on story, this series is by far the most in your face with it. Again, for me, not a huge gripe... more like... I feel less like this is my story, and more like this is a story, that I'm experiencing, rather than making. Meh.
You haven't been able to craft your own narrative since G1, really.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #73
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Not ever, just in this game. My first shiny ever was Miltank in GSC that I bred.
And now I just got a shiny Dugtrio wtf. And both shinys were in my Sun game too (rip Moon).

Old 11-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #74
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Well Kuno, as they say...

...the sun shines upon you.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #75
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
But he nuked the sun that shouldn't be possible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON