UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #26
deoxys
Fog Badge

Honestly I'd bet they're working together this time to do a simultaneous (or close to it) launch. If so, that would be great news for the future of Pokemon games outside JPN.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Honestly I'd bet they're working together this time to do a simultaneous (or close to it) launch. If so, that would be great news for the future of Pokemon games outside JPN.
No chance of this ever happening. Wouldn't want to upset the master race, etc etc.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #28
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first pokemon game whose JP and US announcements have coincided. This excites me for this game, but also worries me about pokemon plus: nomunga's ambition(or w/e) as I am REALLY looking forward to a US version of that =0

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
Emp
Volcano Badge

I think a simultaneous launch has always been possible (when you think about the amount of American games that are released simultaneously with EU equivalents) but unlikely based on past trends. Especially when they can cash in on December releases.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #30
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

This caught me off guard. I have to agree with Talon, I don't like the look of the Kyurem alt. forms - for one, they're ugly as fuck, and two, they don't represent the "Complete Kyurem" that I was expecting. Unless there is some third secret form or something.

I don't know how they're going to pull this off, but hopefully they do it well. It's very interesting that they're doing a dual 3rd game - I wonder how they're going to try to justify it to kids/parents to buy White 2 and Black 2 instead of just one or the other, etc.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

When have they historically released the third Pokemon game?

Yellow: September 1998 (JPN), October 1999 (NA)
Crystal: December 2000 (JPN), July 2001 (NA)
FRLG: January 2004 (JPN), September 2004 (NA)
Emerald: September 2004 (JPN), May 2005 (NA)
Platinum: September 2008 (JPN), March 2009 (NA)
HGSS: September 2010 (JPN), March 2011 (NA)

Clearly the trends have been:
(1) September releases in Japan
(2) Spring releases in North America, usually ~6 months after their Japanese counterparts

I don't think a December 2012 release is out of the question.

One thing you have to keep in mind is, they tried to make sure that the anime reached Johto at around the same time Gold and Silver came out. If the people in charge of the anime in North America still feel that way, then you could perhaps use the anime's progress in North America as a crude indicator to find out whether it'd be unlikely/impossible for them to release the games by this June or not. If, for example, we're only five or six weeks behind Japan, then it's totally doable with a few 2-parter weekend airings. If, on the other hand, we're like eighteen episodes behind Japan, then you can probably forget about it. Alternatively, syncing up with the anime might not mean shit and they may just do a simultaneous release anyway. Who knows. But my money would be on the six-months-later release. And they'd have to be fools to miss Christmas and to release the game in January or February instead. So yeah. Christmas 2012 seems probable.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Masuda just tweeted the forms' names.

They're called simply Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, and for some reason he listed them as seperate Pokémon.

To be honest, I'm withholding my judgment on the forms until I learn more about them.

As for the games, I'm not going to lie; I'm pretty psyched about them.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I don't think a December 2012 release is out of the question.

One thing you have to keep in mind is, they tried to make sure that the anime reached Johto at around the same time Gold and Silver came out. If the people in charge of the anime in North America still feel that way, then you could perhaps use the anime's progress in North America as a crude indicator to find out whether it'd be unlikely/impossible for them to release the games by this June or not. If, for example, we're only five or six weeks behind Japan, then it's totally doable with a few 2-parter weekend airings. If, on the other hand, we're like eighteen episodes behind Japan, then you can probably forget about it. Alternatively, syncing up with the anime might not mean shit and they may just do a simultaneous release anyway. Who knows. But my money would be on the six-months-later release. And they'd have to be fools to miss Christmas and to release the game in January or February instead. So yeah. Christmas 2012 seems probable.
This makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't be surpirsed if it actually happened like this.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first pokemon game whose JP and US announcements have coincided. This excites me for this game, but also worries me about pokemon plus: nomunga's ambition(or w/e) as I am REALLY looking forward to a US version of that =0
I might be mistaken but weren't B/W announced same day? I remember something like that and thought it was pretty funny since it was practically on the eve on HG/SS international releases. Prolly a post about it somewhere on these forums~

edit! I may be wrong since they were announced after HG/SS international releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
I don't know how they're going to pull this off, but hopefully they do it well. It's very interesting that they're doing a dual 3rd game - I wonder how they're going to try to justify it to kids/parents to buy White 2 and Black 2 instead of just one or the other, etc.
Don't call 'em 3rd games! These are allegedly true blue sequels not directors cuts!

Quote:
It seems like for the anime in the west each new saga does coincide with the launch of the new games. iirc its always been like that. They do sometimes fall ahead/behind on the movie front though. >.> Even so with the naming of these games they can keep the same name for the anime! But since the story is prolly a direct continuation they should want to be all caught up all the same.

Last edited by Lindz; 02-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #35
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Just curious, who would want it to be a direct continuation and who would want it to be a split 3rd game?

I could go either way. Direct continuation would be cool because we may get to see some wrapped up open ends (where N went after the battle, where Ghetsis went after his escape, if Cheren ever got the power he was searching for, what Bianca finally chose to do with her life). There's a lot of possibilities for it. But, at the same time, I wouldn't mind going through Unova again with a bit of new content added.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #36
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Don't call 'em 3rd games! These are allegedly true blue sequels not directors cuts!
This is exactly why I'm excited for these games. B/W's story was great. If they continue the good writing, I'd be really excited for the new games.

Also, as a competitive battler, two new Kyurem forms sound intriguing. I wonder if there will be Base Stat differences and type changes to go accordingly with "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem?"
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #37
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

If it's a sequel, that implies MUCH more potential unova content/plot, explaining perhaps why the anime(which traditionally has followed the games) has been going so fast this generation.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

100% for a sequel. If it were a sequel ... it might (might!) get me to begrudgingly end my boycott, to purchase White 1, and to purchase either White 2 or Black 2. That's how cool a true sequel would be. It'd be the first of its kind since either (1) GSC (which was a narrative sequel but not a character sequel to RBY) or else (2) ever (if it's both a narrative and a character sequel). Either way, it'd be very, VERY interesting to see what they did with it.

If a Type 1 sequel (identified above) ...
- lengthy time skip!? Does that mean "growed-up" gym leaders for Iris, Skyla, the brother trio? Does that mean geological events like when Cinnabar exploded?
- will the new hero run into Ghetsis/N? Or will he run into a new villain?
- will the new hero run into the previous Gen 5 hero?

If a Type 2 sequel (identified above) ...
- will the hero, a.k.a. the Gen5 hero, find N again?
- what about Ghetsis?
- most excitingly, what would the hero do this time around? 'Cause if it's a true sequel, then he's already got his eight gym badges. So how'll it be explained that he's touring the land again? The answer to this challenge is probably what excites me most.

If, on the other hand, this game really is nothing more than the third game in the series but has been gimmickly released as two halves, then (1) all bets on me getting this are off again and (2) for shame, GameFreak , that you're now getting into the greedy habit of always releasing two versions alongside one another. (And here I was hoping that we were nearing the era of single-version releases!)

So yeah. True sequel, huge deal. Just another 3rd game, not so big a deal.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #39
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Just curious, who would want it to be a direct continuation and who would want it to be a split 3rd game?
Direct!

Quote:
- lengthy time skip!? Does that mean "growed-up" gym leaders for Iris, Skyla, the brother trio? Does that mean geological events like when Cinnabar exploded?
Not that Game Freak should give a hoot but how would that work for the anime? Can't have Iris grow up and Ash stay the same! Curse the anime makers for using Iris instead of White!

edit: btw someone knew this was coming!

Quote:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...9#post34076649

As I've said before be ready to see Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 on the DS (and with these names yeah ;P)

January 7th 2012

Last edited by Lindz; 02-25-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Pokemon Black and White 2! Now the main character of gen 5 is going to Hoenn and completely restarting his journey from scratch, but keeping his old starter that he neglected to evolve!

Unova isn't featured at all, it's all Hoenn, but suddenly, Kyurem is there and is caught up with Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre, and has to unveil his TRUE powers =0

How mad would you be. Also, I realize this is completely improbable.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #41
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I hope it's a sequel that goes to another continent at the end of it, GSC style.

If that continent is Hoenn, though, then fuck that. I won't buy it.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #42
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

>"growed-up" gym leaders
>Skyla

Da fuck you talkin' 'bout Skyla's not growed-up? Iris is the only child GL in Unova. I don't really see how Skyla's character makes her a child. She's developmentally grown and is tasked with the handling of a large piece of machinery that carries a hefty amount of goods through trans-regional air. She's maybe late teens/early twenties at youngest but definitely not a child.

>If that continent is Hoenn, though, then fuck that. I won't buy it.

Same on my end. I'd probably emulate it, but wouldn't buy it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #43
phoopes
Double Dragon

Also, there has been a confirmed movie for Kyurem, titled Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo. There's a confirmed movie poster released, and the movie apparently features Kyurem's Electric and Fire forms. Also, Meloetta appears to play a part, because that is featured in what I'm assuming is an anime short before the actual movie, called Meloetta's Sparkling Recital. Poster can be found here.

EDIT:

>Hate on Hoenn

makes me a sad potato.

EDIT2:

Got that from Serebii.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Skyla is like 15, 16 years old dude. The gargantuan amount of double-D Skyla hentai on the internet notwithstanding, she's a kid in the games, dude, and is presented as such (imo). Same as Flannery (16/17?) and Roxanne (14/15/16?). A time skip of 3+ years can be sufficient for a major change in physical appearance. Hell, just ask Sabrina.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #45
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Skyla is like 15, 16 years old dude. The gargantuan amount of double-D Skyla hentai on the internet notwithstanding, she's a kid in the games, dude, and is presented as such (imo). Same as Flannery (16/17?) and Roxanne (14/15/16?). A time skip of 3+ years can be sufficient for a major change in physical appearance. Hell, just ask Sabrina.
This, this in its entirety. You don't have to be "late teens or early twenties" to be a pilot. In fact, you can get your pilot's license (age 15) before your driver's license (age 16) IIRC.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
Atluss
Boulder Badge

Also, every protagonist looks 16+ when their supposed to be 10!

I wish people would stop calling GameFreak money grabbers when they know little about the game itself.
And people also keep bashing on it for two versions, aren't you only going to buy one anyway?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #47
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
>Implying hentai is a good reference

Looking over the artworks for leaders on Bulbapedia, it seems that the time skip between FRLG and HGSS did give changes in appearance. However, none are really "major" changes. Most of changes are a haircut and/or change of clothes, far from "major" if you ask me. I also find it a bit funny that your two other examples of kid gym leaders haven't been in a remake, nor subjected to a timeskip, giving neither the chance to get "growed-up" as we're putting it. Pokemon isn't known for making major changes to character design. Sure, they'll cut Sabrina's hair or give Morty a scarf but they'll never do something that could make the character too different from their original design as it would confuse people. The most they would do to Skyla would probably to give her a change of clothes and shorten/lengthen her hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
This, this in its entirety. You don't have to be "late teens or early twenties" to be a pilot. In fact, you can get your pilot's license (age 15) before your driver's license (age 16) IIRC.
This is truth. I can't fight a fact. However, I can point out that no one in their right mind would give a 15/16 year old the green light to pilot a trans-regional cargo plane.

>And people also keep bashing on it for two versions, aren't you only going to buy one anyway?

No. I'll emulate it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #48
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atluss View Post
And people also keep bashing on it for two versions, aren't you only going to buy one anyway?
Maybe not the haters but real fans buy and complete every version. ^.^
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #49
Atluss
Boulder Badge

Yeah, I know x3

On Gamespot, you will not believe the rage at the game being released on DS.

All I hear there is, "Money is all they care about" and stuff like that, its insane
I'm happy about it being on DS, I'm reluctant to buy a 3DS because 3D gives me a headache while adding little.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
>Implying hentai is a good reference
Except NOT, dumb-dumb. I was saying it's NOT what you should be basing your "Skyla's an adult" assertions on. She looks like a healthy young woman in her 20s in most fanart, but her official artwork looks nigh on identical developmentally with 14-year old Misty (compare the two's in-game sprites).

Quote:
no one in their right mind would give a 15/16 year old the green light to pilot a trans-regional cargo plane.
Pokemon world logic =/= real world logic. Ugh. Think before you argue! THINK! Or do you honestly take more issue with allowing a 15-year old to fly a cargo plane than you do ...
- allowing a 10-year old boy to go out into the wilderness all on his own?
- a 10-year old boy successfully and single-handedly taking down a regional criminal syndicate?
- letting children run dojos?
- a 10-year old boy capturing the titans of the sea, land, and sky?
- a 10-year old girl capturing the gods of time, space, and all creation?

Kusari used Real World Comparisons! It wasn't very effective ...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON