Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #51
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Bollocks to it.

UPN username: DaveTheFishGuy
Timezone: GMT+1
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team. I also agree to being a substitute if I am not selected for a team.
I do recognize the fact that, If I am selected for a team, I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles throughout the course of the tournament.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #52
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Bollocks to it.

I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team. I also agree to being a substitute if I am not selected for a team.
I do recognize the fact that, If I am selected for a team, I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles throughout the course of the tournament.
So, any recommendations as the best way to eat shorts?

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #53
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
BBQ-flavour fabric softener.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:03 PM   #54
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Okay guys and gals, here's the game plan.

Obviously the number of new signups has slowed down quite a bit. With that in mind, I'm going to do the following. If we don't get a new signup within 48 hours of this post, I'm going to close signups. Similarly, if we get a signup (or multiple signups), and 48 hours passes after said signup without a new signup, I will close signups. This will continue either until the above happens, until we hit 12 teams, or until 12:01 AM (GMT -4) on Monday, July 25th 2016.

Regardless of what happens, when signups end we will hold a lottery to determine the pick order within 24 hours, and then the draft will be held on discord within a few days. The first two rounds of the draft will be open to public viewing, but the third and fourth rounds will be private, with team assignments being posted here.

Okay, 48 hours starts now!

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #55
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Combatants Cup signup:
UPN Username: TheKnightsFury
Timezone (GMT Format - found at bottom of page): GMT+10
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.
I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #56
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
UPN username: Talon87
Timezone: GMT -4 (EDT)

I had three reasons not to sign up originally and two of them are no longer applicable. The third reason remains -- something happening in real life in the next two months prevents me from making any sort of two-month commitment that begins late July and ends late September. That stated, no one knows what the future holds so I'll go ahead and sign up for now.

I am frankly astonished that these team logos are all original artwork by one of our own members. I thought for sure that they were lifted from somewhere else like Smogon or Nugget Bridge. The worst ones look good; the best ones look phenomenal. Excellent job, Extroph!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
UPN Username: Goose
Timezone: GMT -4
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances to be on any specific team. I also agree to being a substitute if I am not selected for a team.
I do recognize the fact that, if I am selected for a team, I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles throughout the course of the tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
I don't usually do this, but I guess i'll make an exception because this looks pretty interesting!

UPN username: Trot Away
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Bollocks to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Combatants Cup signup:
UPN Username: TheKnightsFury
Timezone (GMT Format - found at bottom of page): GMT+10
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.
I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.

That'll be another 5! Announcement on the next expansion team coming soon!

48 hours from the time of TKF's signup until signups close

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #57
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Without further ado, I give you our second expansion team. Introducing:

The Pallet Pipsqueaks, captained by the child prodigy, Mew the Gato!

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #58
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

UPN username: Lucario188

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #59
Sneaze
Mrow?

Eh, fuck it. Rage at certain things put aside for now I suppose.

UPN username: Sneaze
Timezone: GMT -6

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #60
Aposteriori
Banned

Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
Combatants Cup signup:
UPN Username: Aposteriori
Timezone (GMT Format - found at bottom of page): GMT -5
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #61
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Combatants Cup signup:
UPN Username: Aposteriori
Timezone (GMT Format - found at bottom of page): GMT -5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post

Okay, so we now have enough people to field all 6 teams. From this point, for every 5 people that sign up, I'll add a captain (pulling from the current signups), with an absolute maximum of 12 teams (yeah, because we'll get that high). So keep signups going!

Just a note, if we don't hit the next increment of 5 for whatever reason, the people that sign up after this point will be utilized as substitutes throughout the tournament. Experience tells me that subs WILL be needed. I have edited the signup form to reflect this. The form can be found below:

Code:
UPN username: 
Timezone: (GMT format - can be found at the bottom of the page)

Reading is your friend. Since, unlike TKF, your signup does not make 5 which, of course, would guarantee a spot, please resubmit with the above FORM.

Until that time: rejected

Current end time is still 48 hours after Sneaze's post.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #62
Aposteriori
Banned

UPN username: Aposteriori
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #63
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Okay everyone, there you have it! Signups are officially closed! Luka, Sneaze & DT, unfortunately we don't have enough people to add a 9th team, but the three of you, along with anyone else who wants to join as a sub, will more than likely end up on a team at some point - we'll get into how subs are used once the teams are selected.

Now then, we'll be doing the draft pick lottery (think like the NBA Lottery, Americans) tomorrow, Thursday the 21st, at 1PM GMT -4. This will be fairly quick and will pretty much consist of me making a show of the picking order, so it's not really necessary for anyone to be there to see it, but if you want to come watch, it'll be held in the TCC Discord server that will be linked in the OP, or in Apollo's post a few days ago.

Following this, at 1PM GMT -4 on Friday the 22nd, we will hold a live draft on the server. The first two rounds of the draft will be open to the public eye, but we'll be closing the draft to the public for rounds 3 and 4 to avoid any hard feelings.

After the draft, captains will have 24 hours to submit a rolling lineup for weeks 1-5 to me. Week 1 will begin at 12:01AM GMT -4 on Sunday the 24th unless all 8 captains get their lineups to me on Friday, in which case the first week will be posted at some point on Saturday the 23rd. The weeks will, of course, last a full week unless all matches are completed early (this has never happened in 21 weeks worth of running this tournament, but it's worth mentioning.)

Let's go!

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #64
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

And now we have our draft order! For those that came out to watch, thanks for your time. For those that were busy, the draft order is below!

1: Accumula Wisps
2: Celestic Archfiends
3: Mahogany Marauders
4: Floaroma Honeybees
5: Pallet Pipsqueaks
6: Lilycove Jetstream
7: Canalave Nightstalkers
8: Cianwood Brawlers

The draft will be held on our discord server at 1:00 GMT -4 tomorrow, Friday the 22nd. We will utilize a standard snake draft. this means that, in the first round of picks, team 1 will pick first, and team 8 will pick last. then, in the second round, the order will be reversed. This will continue until all the participants have been chosen. Each Captain will have 3 minutes to make a pick (they will be pinged at the 1 and 2 minute marks) before a player is selected for them, at random, and the pick goes to the next captain in line. All captains agreed to the 1:00 start time in advance, so hopefully this won't be an issue.

The first two rounds of the draft will be open to public viewing. The second and third rounds will be closed to the public eye to avoid any hard feelings. Come the end of the draft, captains will have 24 hours to submit a lineup for weeks 1-5. For Clarity, we are utilizing rotating lineups to ensure that everyone has a chance to participate. If I do not have a lineup from you by then, your lineup will be randomized. I will not accept lineups via any form other than a private message. To clarify, you submit 1 lineup, and it rotates through over the course of 5 weeks. in the first week, spots 1 2 and 3 start. in week 2, spots 2 3 & 4, then 3 4 & 5, then 4 5 & 1, then 5 1 & 2.

Below you will find the list of participants available to draft. You have just under 24 hours to plan your picks. Good luck!

Next up, the draft!

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #65
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Thanks to everyone who came out for the draft! It went very quickly, wrapping up in under an hour. The results for the first two rounds can be seen on the first page. Now we move on to the actual tournament, starting with a nice big post!

Table of Contents:
1: Rules
2: Submitting Battles
3: In-Team Substitutions
4: Off-Team Substitutions
5: Substitute List:
6: Rosters
7: Schedule

RULES:
1: Matches are XY Randbats. All Smogon rules apply. No exceptions.
2: All battles are to be done via PS.
3: Individual matches are Best Of 3. Not Best Of 1. Not Best Of 5. Best Of 3.
4: Do not troll or flame. If you do so, I have absolutely no qualms about kicking you out of the tournament and bringing in a substitute.
5: If you are going to be inactive for a portion of a week when you are supposed to be battling, it is your responsibility to send both your captain and me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating so.
6: You are expected to contact your opponent via vm or pm. Do not wait on Discord waiting for an opponent to show up. Time zone differences are not an excuse. Set up a time to battle.

SUBMITTING BATTLES:
In the interest of keeping things orderly, I need you all to use very simple forms when submitting battles. They are found below.
Code:
My Team:
Opponent's UPN Username:
Opponent's Team:
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score):
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score):
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score):
Both players should either post the form or quote their opponents post in order to confirm. If there is no form, then in my mind, the battle never happened. It's pretty straightforward.
In-Team Substitutions:
An In-Team Substitution may only be made if:
a) The player in question has been inactive on UPN for 4 consecutive days AND has not informed me that they would be missing for that time.
b) The player in question has sent their captain and me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating that they will be unable to battle during the week in question. A screenshot of the PM must be provided.
c) The player in question has been active on UPN, but has made no effort to contact their opponent for 5 days.

Off-Team Substitutions:
An Off-Team Substitution may only be made if:
a) The player in question has been inactive on UPN for 11 consecutive days and has not informed me that they would be missing for that time.
b) The player in question has been subbed out for 2 consecutive weeks.
c) The player in question has sent either their captain or me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating their intent to quit the tournament. A screenshot of the PM must be provided.
d) A player has been removed from the tournament due to flaming and/or trolling.

An Off-Team Substitution will be performed in the following manner:
The substitutes will be broken into groups of 2-4 (depending on the number of subs) by a Random Number Generator. The Team Captain will choose a group WITHOUT knowing who is in said group. They will then have the choice of one of the players in that group.

Substitute List:
The following is the list of substitutes. If you wish to become a substitute, send me a PM or VM saying so.
Lucario188
Sneaze
Aposteriori

ROSTERS
With 8 teams, we will have 2 divisions. At the end of the regular season (the round robin portion) the two teams from each division with the best records will move on to a bracket-style playoff.
Below you will find the rosters of each team. Once edited into the OPs, each name will be linked to the profile page of each player

The ASB Division: The Accumula Wisps, the Celestic Archfiends, the Mahogany Marauders and the Cianwood Brawlers
Spoiler: show

Lil'twick
Coolz8
DaisyInari
DarkLucarioADV
rotomotorz

Emi
DaveTheFishGuy
Goose
Talon87
Tyoyo3131

Connor
Concept
Phoopes
Trot Away
Lanturn

Apollo77
Ger
Heather
Celebi151
TheKnightsFury

The WF Division: The Lilycove Jetstream, The Floaroma Honeybees, the Pallet Pipsqueaks and the Canalave Nightstalkers
Spoiler: show

Sparkbeat
HeroicRein
Beautiful Savage
KamenAeons
dirkac

Extroph
TrainerChris
Naruxami
ironthunder
RealMrGame10

Mew the Gato
AltoCharizard55
Miror
uhhhh
Machamp-X

Snorby
Eliteknight
biggggg5
Crys
Deh74

Schedule:

Below you will find the schedule for the regular season.

----------------------------------

Captains, you have 24 hours to send me your lineups for weeks 1 through 5. As a reminder, we will be utilizing rotating lineups, which means that, whatever lineup you send me, week 1 players 1-3 on the lineup will play. week 2 will be 2-4. Week 3 will see 3-5. Week 4 will include 4-1, and Week 5 will finish with 5-2. If you all get me the lineups early, I'll get the first week up early, but as it stands right now week 1 will start at 12:01 AM GMT -4 on Sunday, July 24th.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:

Last edited by kingothestone; 07-23-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #66
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The draft is finished. Lineups have been submitted. We are finally ready. Let The Combatants Cup officially begin!

Week 1 matchups are below, and can also be found in the first post:

Mahogany Marauders vs. Cianwood Brawlers
Trot Away V. Apollo77
Concept V. TheKnightsFury
Connor V. Celebi151

Celestic Archfiends vs. Floaroma Honeybees
Emi V. Naruxami
Tyoyo3131 V. ironthunder
Talon87 V. TrainerChris

Lilycove Jetstream vs. Acumula Wisps
HeroicRein V. Rotomotorz
Beautiful Savage V. DarkLucarioADV
Sparkbeat V. Lil'twick

Pallet Pipsqueaks vs. Canalave Nightstalkers
Miror V. Snorby
Machamp-X V. Crys
Mew The Gato V. Eliteknight

Week 1 will, of course, last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Sunday, July 31st. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions.

GO!

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 07-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #67
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
My Team: Cianwood Brawlers
Opponent's UPN Username: Connor
Opponent's Team: Mahogany Mauraders
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-2
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Both players should either post the form or quote their opponents post in order to confirm. If there is no form, then in my mind, the battle never happened. It's pretty straightforward.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #68
Toyo
hail

My Team: Celestic Archfiends
Opponent's UPN Username: Ironthunder
Opponent's Team: Floaroma Honeybees
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): w, 4-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): w, 5-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): l, 0-3
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #69
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
My Team: Celestic Archfiends
Opponent's UPN Username: Ironthunder
Opponent's Team: Floaroma Honeybees
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): w, 4-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): w, 5-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): l, 0-3
Confirming this, his lead countered my whole squad in the first two matches.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #70
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

My Team: Accumula Wisps
Opponent's UPN Username: Beautiful Savage
Opponent's Team: Lilycove Jetstream
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-3
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-4
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #71
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
My Team: Accumula Wisps
Opponent's UPN Username: Beautiful Savage
Opponent's Team: Lilycove Jetstream
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-3
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-4
Confirmed, nice playing buddy.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #72
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
My Team: Cianwood Brawlers
Opponent's UPN Username: Connor
Opponent's Team: Mahogany Mauraders
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-2
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): w; 1-0
Confirming. Fun matches albeit one sided on the luck front ;o
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #73
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

My Team: Lilycove Jetstream
Opponent's UPN Username: Lil'twick
Opponent's Team: Acumula Wisps
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): W 4-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): W 2-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): ---

Played a third game for fun since the first on was silly if anyone wants the replay to that. It was close and fun.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #74
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
My Team: Lilycove Jetstream
Opponent's UPN Username: Lil'twick
Opponent's Team: Acumula Wisps
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): W 4-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): W 2-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): ---

Played a third game for fun since the first on was silly if anyone wants the replay to that. It was close and fun.
Confirming these. Fuck randbats

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #75
TrainerChris
Pokemon Trainer

My Team: Floaroma Honeybees
Opponent's UPN Username: Talon87
Opponent's Team: Celestic Archfiends
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): L 2-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): W 3-1
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): L 2-0

Fun games, definitely intense. Good luck in the rest of the tournament bro.
TrainerChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON