UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 08-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

[PROPOSAL] The New Adoption Center: An RP-Centric Shop

Quote:
The Adoption Center

In the suburbs of New Fizz City, on an acre and a half of land, sits a small oasis of nature, obstinate in its determination to stave off the encroaching concrete jungle. Here, Pokémon in need live; those without trainers, those who cannot fend for themselves, those with nowhere else to go. It is run by an eccentric trainer and staffed entirely by volunteers and unpaid interns who freely give of their time out of the goodness of their hearts. Funded by donations, the facilities are not necessarily the most luxurious, but they’re kept clean and fastidiously up to the Interregional Association of Pokémon Center’s code of recommendations.

The Lobby
When you enter the main building of the Adoption Center, you find yourself in a room, lit primarily by the large bay windows to either side of the door. The walls are white and the floors are wood, with paintings of Pokémon on canvases bringing flashes of color. There are chairs and a sofa, as well as a counter staffed by a single worker -- this is where you sign in as well as where you sign out. Behind the counter is a door leading to the manager’s office; it is typically ajar.

The Isolation Rooms
There is a door to the right of the counter that only a certain few staffers are allowed to enter; this leads to a hallway lined with doors. Each door has a number, and a hook beside it. On some of the hooks hang clipboards with what appear to be patient summaries. These are the isolation rooms, and these are where sick, dangerous, or otherwise quarantined Pokémon are contained.

The Outdoor Enclosures
A door to the left of the counter leads outside, onto the Adoption Center’s lovely acreage. Here, there are speciality enclosures for each Pokémon type, including two ponds, one each for saltwater and freshwater. Here is where the most work is to be done, as each enclosure needs to be scraped daily to clear away refuse and other soilings.

Adopting a Pokémon

The most traditional way to adopt a Pokémon is through volunteer labor. By providing a hard day’s work to the Adoption Center, you demonstrate your reliability and dedication -- key traits for any trainer to have! You’ll be allowed to select a Pokémon with which you’ll be partnered with during your volunteer period, and you’ll be allowed to take it home with you at the end! The process for volunteering is simple:
When you visit the Adoption Center, check in with the front desk, and let a staffer know that you’re here to volunteer! Select the Pokémon you would like to be partnered with for the day, and you’re ready to begin!
You’ll be assigned a series of tasks to complete around the Adoption Center, with which your partner Pokémon can help. This will be a great opportunity to bond -- adopted Pokémon start off with 5 points of Bond!
After you’ve completed your day’s work through a short RP adventure you’ll be free to take your partner home with you!
Don’t have time to volunteer? That’s fine! Pokémon can also be adopted for a flat fee of $1000. Pokémon obtained do not bond to their trainers so readily, however -- they start off with 0 points of Bond.

Disowning a Pokémon

We understand that sometimes things happen, and for one reason or another you cannot always keep a Pokémon. That’s what we’re here for. Simply let us know the species, sex, and level of the Pokémon you wish to relinquish into our care, as well as any special characteristics (i.e. egg moves) it may have.

Scheduled Releases

Because of financial and spatial constraints, the Adoption Center simply cannot keep all of the Pokémon it receives indefinitely. Our dedicated volunteers work hard to rehabilitate and re-acclimate the Pokémon so that they may survive in the wild, and once every three months a scheduled release takes place. At this time, a portion of the Adoption Center roster is released into the wild. Pokémon that have been partnered with a volunteer are never released.

Scheduled Arrivals

The Adoption Center works closely with Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife; once every three months an officer from the department of game wardens makes a delivery of confiscated or otherwise reclaimed Pokémon to be placed into our care. These Pokémon are added to the roster and made available for adoption.
A few notable changes to the system:
Adoptions would be free, but you would have to have a short RP adventure for them. (Unless you chose to pay a high fee.)
Shop RPs would count towards the $250 per reply reward.
Through scheduled releases and arrivals, a portion of the roster would cycle out on a regular basis. Rather than give a hard number, I would say this would be a percentage of the roster per rotation -- roughly 15%, perhaps?
Things that would stay the same would include the one adoption per calendar month rule, and the first-come-first-served standard. Once someone has picked a Pokémon to work with during their volunteer adventure, that Pokémon is set aside, sort of on 'layaway', until the end of their adventure. It cannot be adopted or partnered with by anyone else.

Why are you suggesting this, Tate?
Because I love the AC as a place, and I want to RP it as a place! We all talk about how we don't want Pokémon to be gachas, or buyable, but rather products of RP -- well the AC can work as a place of RP! I'm confident I can run the adventures myself, and I think that if a shop can be a place where RP is the primary form of function, it might as well be! This is an RPG after all!

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 08-10-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

While I think this has the potential to be a fun story-building idea, I'm not sure a lot of people would want to spend the time to RP out an adventure as opposed to obtaining a pokemon in 1 post. My counter-proposal would be that if people do seek out an adventure in the AC, their pokemon they adopt would gain a number of levels and egg moves/move tutor moves. That way they're at least working towards a benefit while others are still able to get what they want in a speedy manner.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'm fine with levels and egg moves if the mods are fine with that, but the AC shouldn't be giving out better Pokemon than a zone, don't you think? You're already getting a free Pokemon you picked out for a short adventure.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
The Adoption Center

In the suburbs of New Fizz City, on an acre and a half of land, sits a small oasis of nature, obstinate in its determination to stave off the encroaching concrete jungle. Here, Pokémon in need live; those without trainers, those who cannot fend for themselves, those with nowhere else to go. It is run by an eccentric trainer and staffed entirely by volunteers and unpaid interns who freely give of their time out of the goodness of their hearts. Funded by donations, the facilities are not necessarily the most luxurious, but they’re kept clean and fastidiously up to the Interregional Association of Pokémon Center’s code of recommendations.

The Lobby
When you enter the main building of the Adoption Center, you find yourself in a room, lit primarily by the large bay windows to either side of the door. The walls are white and the floors are wood, with paintings of Pokémon on canvases bringing flashes of color. There are chairs and a sofa, as well as a counter staffed by a single worker -- this is where you sign in as well as where you sign out. Behind the counter is a door leading to the manager’s office; it is typically ajar.

The Isolation Rooms
There is a door to the right of the counter that only a certain few staffers are allowed to enter; this leads to a hallway lined with doors. Each door has a number, and a hook beside it. On some of the hooks hang clipboards with what appear to be patient summaries. These are the isolation rooms, and these are where sick, dangerous, or otherwise quarantined Pokémon are contained.

The Outdoor Enclosures
A door to the left of the counter leads outside, onto the Adoption Center’s lovely acreage. Here, there are specialty enclosures for each Pokémon type, including two ponds, one each for saltwater and freshwater. Here is where the most work is to be done, as each enclosure needs to be scraped daily to clear away refuse and other soilings.

Adopting a Pokémon

The recommended way to adopt a Pokémon is through volunteer labor. By providing a hard day’s work to the Adoption Center, you demonstrate your reliability and dedication -- key traits for any trainer to have! You’ll be allowed to select a Pokémon with which you’ll be partnered with during your volunteer period, and you’ll be allowed to take it home with you at the end! The process for volunteering is simple:
When you visit the Adoption Center, check in with the front desk, and let a staffer know that you’re here to volunteer! Select the Pokémon you would like to be partnered with for the day, and you’re ready to begin!
You’ll be assigned a series of tasks to complete around the Adoption Center, with which your partner Pokémon can help. This teaches skills and is a great opportunity to bond -- adopted Pokémon start off with one (1) Egg Move and 5 points of Bond!
After you’ve completed your day’s work through a short RP adventure you’ll be free to take your partner home with you!
Don’t have time to volunteer? That’s fine! Pokémon can also be adopted for a flat fee of $600. Pokémon obtained do not bond to their trainers so readily, however -- they start off with 0 points of Bond.

Disowning a Pokémon

We understand that sometimes things happen, and for one reason or another you cannot always keep a Pokémon. That’s what we’re here for. Simply let us know the species, sex, and level of the Pokémon you wish to relinquish into our care, as well as any special characteristics (i.e. egg moves) it may have.

Scheduled Releases

Because of financial and spatial constraints, the Adoption Center simply cannot keep all of the Pokémon it receives indefinitely. Our dedicated volunteers work hard to rehabilitate and re-acclimate the Pokémon so that they may survive in the wild, and once every three months a scheduled release takes place. At this time, a portion of the Adoption Center roster is released into the wild. Pokémon that have been partnered with a volunteer are never released.

Scheduled Arrivals

The Adoption Center works closely with Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife; once every three months an officer from the department of game wardens makes a delivery of confiscated or otherwise reclaimed Pokémon to be placed into our care. These Pokémon are added to the roster and made available for adoption.
A revised proposal based on Discord discussions.

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 08-10-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

An idea I brought up on discord: Through a roleplay-based area of the AC, people who volunteer and help out with tasks around the AC are permitted to have the price on their next adoption reduced and/or the duration until their next allowed adoption reduced.

It would be optional so people aren't obligated to RP, but to those who do, it's a nice benefit.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:22 AM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Honestly I really like the idea. Keeps the AC fresh by filtering out some of the Pokemon that are just going to sit there forever while bringing in some fresh ones to keep the AC alive. As long as the people have an option to adopt if they don't want to RP then I think this would be fine and most people will enjoy the opportunity for a bit of extra RP, especially since it gives a bit of a reward in the form of an egg move and some bond points. That said I would advise having them be rather brief adventures since at the end of the day you probably dont want to be waiting months to get your adoption pokemon lol.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #7
Meetan
Soul Badge

I really love this idea and I'd definitely go for it. However I agree that adopting via one post still needs to be accessible and affordable as we have members who can't always commit to role play and make that money and stuff. I don't really have much more to say, honestly but you have my support.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development