UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 AM   #276
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Fuck yeah! More talking to myself about Final Fantasy! Actually I'm not sure what spurred me to play so many of them recently.

So after telling myself "I need to replay FF VI." repeatedly, I finally got to it! Looking at it, I forgot so many damn details about it. I remember really liking Terra and Celes for some reason, but that's about it.

It's astounding, really. How could I forget about fucking Gau? This guy is awesome. Even before I went rage farming, he still held his own very well. I'm sure the general consensus is to spam a couple of noteworthy rages, and that's what I'll likely do. I just love the complexity behind this guy. His possibilities are pretty much endless. I looked back at my old save file, and I realized I never used this guy. What the fuck was wrong with me?

The opera scene was also fantastic. The score behind it was top notch. They tried to do so much with so little, yet it still turned out very well. I would like to say an updated version of the scene would be nice, but it seems like it just wouldn't feel right. It was also another shining scene for Celes. Maybe scenes like this is why I put her in my main party when I last played.

I also like how the game never lets up on you. You're constantly doing crazy bullshit. Traveling by jumping into waterfalls. Fighting while running away from a fucking train(even if your main goal was to get off of it in the first place). Fighting while falling from the sky. Trying to put on a play. The game manages to keep itself fresh. It also helps that your party is constantly changing.

So far I'm enjoying myself. I'm hoping things will stay awesome in the rest of my playthrough.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #277
McSweeney
Soul Badge

The part about constantly doing crazy bullshit is a great description of the game.

It's immensely satisfying to suplex the train with Sabin.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #278
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Fuck Ozma.

Fuck Ozma.

I fuckin kicked its ass.

But fuck Ozma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #279
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Ozma is like, pure RNG honestly fuck him so much.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #280
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

At least it's optional. I like that it focuses a less conventional style of play (ie enter your commands while it is in the middle of an animation) but those immediate wipes to a quad-9 Meteor because fuck you is not fun.

Now Necron on the other hand... Jesus Christ, Grand Cross is BULLSHIT. My last run, he managed to Zombify my entire team, instant kill Zidane and Vivi, animate long enough with Flare that Auto-Regen (seriously fuck Zombie) killed off Amarant and then Blue Shockwave to leave Dagger alone at 1 HP. Threw out Ark as a Hail Mary for the kill though, so that was fuckin rad.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #281
Emi

Yeah quad-9 Meteor is the really fucky part of that fight. If that wasn't there it would probably be fine.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #282
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Never mind the quad-9 Meteor, that's the tip of the iceberg. Ozma outright cheats.

Curaga as a possible and probably counter? Check.
Curse of the Hades variety that does horrific damage and whacks you with statuses? Check, and he'll 100% use it after Meteor if you're smartassed and have Auto-Life.
Mini to ruin Steiner's Shock and other physical attackers? Check.
Osmose if he gets low on MP to steal yours, so he can nuke you with Meteor again? CHECK.
Counters physical attacks with Berserk? CHECK.
Meteor he uses only costs 40 MP and never misses, compared to the actual standard Meteor with 42 MP and accuracy lower than an OHKO move? CHECK.
Possesses the ability to act before your characters do, ensuring he gets to nuke you with Meteor first, despite no other enemy in the game having this ability, on top of his already ludicrous speed? CHECK, CHECK, CZECH.

Your saving grace is that his priority bullshit doesn't apply if you make your orders during one of his attacks...provided you survive. You can get off three or four attacks in a row, then stomach two or so of his.

Point being, Ozma's a bigger cheat than Ghetsis.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #283
dirkac
uhhhhh

The way to Ozma is to equip all the Shadow Absorb/Null gear, have Auto-Regen equipped, spam Ark/Doomsday, only input commands during attack animations, Thievery, and pray Ozma doesn't use Curse.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #284
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

... why would you use Ark against Ozma that means sacrificing the shadow absorbing Pumice Pieces and making the reward of the Pumice worthless

I always do Ozma before Memoria because pacing. My strategy is always Eiko on heals (Full-Life/Esuna makes her better than Dagger for this), Zidane with Thievery, Freya spamming 9999 Dragon's Crest, and Quina doing Mighty Guard/Angel's Snack.

I opt for Freya over Steiner because L5 Death makes it easy to grind Dragon's Crest up, and it doesn't get affected by Mini.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #285
Emi

Also don't equip anything that absorbs anything he can throw at you; it alters his AI and makes him more likely to spam Meteor.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #286
dirkac
uhhhhh

I mean I ran Zid/Viv/Dag/Amar, and did the above and was fine
But yeah not Ark, but maxed Leviathan.
Its been years since I best Ozma so I'm probably misremembering; I forgot compeltely he casts Meteor too ._.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #287
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

It's Four Job Fiesta time again! Sign up and donate to Child's Play!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games