UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #526
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Tate-

The Smeargle mused over the idea of joining your team for a while, seeming to make Pena more and more worried as each second passed by. It looked like the world was coming to a halt for the little Tyrogue. The first real friend he had made, and now their was a chance to never seem them again despite being offered to come with them. He wanted this, you could easily tell that. The silence was deafening for sure, but you knew it was something you ultimate couldn't force in the end.

The Smeargle started to move its tail, starting to paint something on the ground. Pena watched, trembling, as the world once again was set in motion. Watched every brush stroke as the Smeargle took its time to paint out its decision. Though, while the Smeargle was going at a slower pace, what it was drawing wasn't complex. You could see bits of hesitation as it did its strokes, that it was still questioning if its decision was the right one. After all, this was a possible huge change for the Pokemon.

Though, the Smeargle was soon done. A Poke Ball was painted on the ground, green like always, and an arrow pointing to the Smeargle. It seems that the decision was made. it would go with you. Once the capture was done, this little excursion to Bedlam Ridge would be done and over with. After all, it was nice to do something peaceful and fun in this city of greed. Then again, a star will always shine through the filth and muck. Happiness was found where you made it, as some people say.

And thus concludes your adventure in Bedlam Ridge, I know it was short but I hope it at the very least satisfied what you were looking for! Your reward is a:
Lv. 11 Male Smeargle

Pena's little face little up like Solgaleo itself. The truth was, he was a very lonely Pokemon. Extremely nervous by nature, he had never wholly adjusted to the bedlam of living with Tate and the ever-growing menagerie of misfits. So excited was he by the prospect of not being alone that he flung himself at the poor Smeargle, hugging it around the neck and taking it off guard slightly. Tate laughed.

"Okay," the Johtonian sighed, pleasantly, gently peeling the Tyrogue away from the Painter Pokemon. Holding out the Luxury Ball in one hand, the trainer gently bopped their new friend on the forehead with it, activating the mechanism for capture in the the process. The elegant ball wobbled in Tate's palms a couple times, and then secured with a click, spitting a few sparks as it did so. Peering down at the now-occupied orb, Tate thought a moment, before holding it out to Pena.

"Here," the trainer urged. Pena looked at it a long moment, before slowly reaching out to take it. "You keep an eye on it, okay? We still have to get out of the city safely, so you have to protect it."

The truth was, the Smeargle probably would have been safer in Tate's care, but Pena... well, he needed the boost in confidence. He was never going to get over his fear of people if he didn't learn to feel more secure, and in control. Pena stared up at his trainer, and then back down at the ball in his hands, marveling at it. His new friend needed his protection to get home safely. He inhaled, deeply resolved to keep the ball safe.

And then he started to glow.

Tate recoiled slightly from the sight, still not used to the evolutionary process. It was jarring to see your company grow white-hot with energy, only to begin twisting and deforming in metamorphosis. The Pokemon didn't seem to mind it, though, no matter how unpleasant it looked from the outside, and when the bright light cleared, Pena was still standing -- albeit looking rather different -- with a big smile smile on his face. Evidently, he had a tail now, because it was wagging.

"Oh-... well, someone's growing up," Tate laughed, the statement awkward but genuinely warm. What was one supposed to say in this instance? "I bet no one's going to get that ball from you now."

Pena shook his head, a resolute scowl crossing his newly formed features. Extending both arms, Tate pulled him into a hug. "I'm proud of you," the trainer expressed. clutching the ball in one bulbous fist, the newly evolved Hitmontop hugged his trainer back, grateful for the praise and affection. The moment was only broken by the sound of Tate's Pokedex chiming. Tate pulled away from Pena just enough to fish the device out of one pocket. Flipping it open with one thumb, Tate found it was just a notification that the system had registered the new capture. How it did so when their geographical location was a temporal-spatial mystery was anyone's guess, but Tate had basically stopped questioning it at this point. Instead, the Johtonian simply tapped on the notification to check the entry.

Smeargle, the Painter Pokemon. The fluid of Smeargle’s tail secretions changes in the intensity of its hue as the Pokémon’s emotions change. The unique creations produced by each Smeargle are painted using the fluid that oozes from its tail. This is how it marks its territory.

Height, 1.2 meters. Weight, 58 kilograms. Male.

Tate quirked a brow, and glanced at Pena, who had turned his attention back to the shiny black ball in his hand. He looked almost giddy. The trainer looked at the display again, and then back to Pena one more time, before closing the Pokedex and pocketing it. Tate was... interested, to see how this burgeoning camaraderie would play out.

Zipping the ball pocket closed, the aspiring bird keeper stood, and slung the large backpack over one shoulder. "Alright, big guy, it's time to head home," informed the suddenly weary trainer, while struggling to get the other arm through its corresponding strap. Clutching the ball to his chest, protectively, Pena nodded. Together, they turned back, to head out the way they came. The sun setting when they hit the streets again, Tate inhaled the late afternoon air deeply. There were probably worse ways to spend a day than this; that was the conclusion the Johtonian reached. Definitely worse ways.

Claiming Lv. 11 (M) Smeargle, naming him Ānuenue, and declaring his ability to be Own Tempo. Mahalo!

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #527
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
TheKnightsFury:

Blinky hears you out fine, but actually following your instructions proves troublesome even with Iron Maiden’s help. The Ball is nowhere in sight, and even though the Ferroseed devotedly scours the circular cave, the Chinchou can’t keep up and tumbles to the side, overwhelmed by nausea. It starts emitting a very strange light, quite different from that of an evolving Pokemon…

You don’t immediately notice the events, however, as you shift your focus to the dead man’s belongings. Starting with the papers, you scavenge though the notes with shaky hands and blurry vision, finding them to belong to what must have once been a diary. Some of the scattered writings are perfectly legible, while others have devolved into a bunch of seemingly nonsensical notes and calculations. The man’s mind was in shambles, alright…

”They gave the evac order but fuck them, what do they know? A true miner keeps searching for the big one, the break of a lifetime, and I can feel it nearby!”

“I found it. It’s beautiful… as if Arceus Himself shaped the rock into this heavenly crystal! I must have it…”

“It won’t budge. I can’t get it unstuck. I’m too weak to hold a pickaxe, and my hands are all bloody, but I have to pry it off the wall

“The glow calls to me I want it I need to have it I must”

“Nobody else can have her I’ll make a wall myself I’ll live with her in here forever”

“Ran out of food but I can’t eat anyway I want to vomit but there’s nothing to throw up”

“She’s making me sick but I love her but she is killing me”

“I finally pulled her out and she burned my hands the wall caved in there’s evil behind”

“I put her back with many rocks she is the gatekeeper she can’t leave she will protect me I will protect her”

“5x4 4-3+9 6+4+5 9-3-4 11+6-4+5 14x4/3”

You can’t make any sense of this amalgam of annotations, but it’s clear the mutated man you saw earlier was once a mentally sound miner. Is this the result of prolonged exposure to the light source? Struggling not to fumble the simple task, you then pick up the leather pouch and clumsily turn it over. A single item drops from within – a palm-sized red stone, sculpted to have 20 sides and a small number carved into each face. It’s the same one from the man’s vision…

Meanwhile, Honedge follows his instinct and hovers over to the source of light. It’s a crystal deeply embedded into several tons of rock, violet in colour and emitting a powerful glow. Using its metal body, Honedge buries himself into the stone, attempting to force out the crystal… but as he does, he is suddenly pushed back by an explosion of black energy! Shadows given mass begin seeping out from the cracks on the wall, like a black liquid, and coalesce to form a gigantic mass of darkness. The form it takes is vaguely reminiscent of a Kanto-region Muk, but this one is several times larger than usual and glows in several colours of irradiated goo, a form that should only be found in an archipelago very far away from Bedlam Ridge…

The crystal remains stuck between the boulders, but seems to have come loose a little after Honedge’s attempt. However, it continues to exert its effects, which the living mass of shadows seems completely oblivious to… The radiation is so strong now, that even your metallic companions seem affected at a molecular level...

Radiation Poisoning Lv 3: In addition to previous effects, non-Poison-Type Pokemon’s Attack goes down 1 stage.

What will you do now?!
The miners belongings proved useless and ramblings for the most part. The pouch however, contained the same red die that Sigurd had glimpsed in the mutated man's mind. Blinky and Iron Maiden searched for the Chinchou's lost Pokeball, however their attempts were fruitless. Blinky's antenna began to emit a strange light, changing from a yellow light to a strange bright green. His skin had all but changed colour now, his previous light blue body was now orange. As the Chinchou returned to his side, Jayson noticed his eyes were changing as well, his yellow scleras had faded to white, while his pupils had become rounded.

As Honedge tried to pry the crystal free, it seemed to awaken a dark presence. A Muk formed, different to those found in the Kanto region. This was an Alolan Muk, Jayson had encountered them in the Alola Region and knew they were even more dangerous than their Kantonian brethren. They were in real trouble now and with the effects of the radiation now reaching the Steel typed Honedge and Ferroseed as well.

"Iron Maiden, you need to protect us", Jayson pleaded, he was feeling worse with each passing minute. "Give that thing a taste of your Thunder Wave then follow up with a Mirror Shot. Honedge while she keeps the Muk busy, try and get that crystal out, we must have it." Jayson turned to the mutating Blinky, "we need to find your bloody Pokeball." Jayson scrambled around the cave in search of the lost Pokeball, in the process he dropped the strange red die and watch it roll across the ground....

Old 06-10-2018, 12:40 AM   #528
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- The Salandit was closing in fast, racing ahead of the rolling Ferroseeds. You nudge Ponyta forward and the flaming pony kicks off the ground hard, charging forward with a Quick Attack. She barrels over the Salandit, crushing the lizard under her hooves as it Scratches at her legs, causing minimal damage. Some evasive manoeuvres are necessary as Ponyta is forced to dodge the incoming Ferroseeds, but thankfully the Steel types are yet to gather too much speed. As the Salandit turns to pursue, it is met by Onix's powerful head. The Rock type smacks the Salandit aside before bracing for impact, the Ferroseeds slam into her rocky body. Thankfully she resists the attack and the incoming one as well.

Ponyta lets loose a rippling torrent of fire, the Flamethrower bathes half the Ferroseeds and causes them to screech in pain. They quickly succumb to the super effective attack and topple over, the remaining few look enraged by the treatment of their friends. With their Rollouts stopped by Onix's body, the Ferroseeds begin to claw at Onix with metallic claws. The Salandit shakes itself off and comes at Ponyta again, this time with Poison Gas, seeping from its jaws. Ponyta was still quite healthy, while the Salandit was looking battered but resilient. Onix was in trouble however, with the remaining Ferroseeds now taking to it with super effective attacks of their own. All the while, the remaining two Salandits were getting further and further away with the wheelbarrow, lessening your chances of recovering the old miners ore and receiving your reward. Ponyta gallops back around to hide behind Onix, Salandit hot on its tail.

Maskerade- Confronted with a strange place, a strange person and a strange and angry Elekid, you quickly try to explain yourself. Buster prepares to defend you, but perhaps the young croc would do better to not pick a fight with a Pokemon that has a clear type disadvantage over himself. Thankfully Bomber pulls him back before he does something he regrets, the Elekid snickers at the Totodile as it is pulled back by the Rock type.

"Stand down Elekid", the man quickly shuts the Electric type down. "If these lot meant to harm us then they would have by now. That doesn't mean I believe your story stranger. You'd have me believe you're here because of that old painting? That was given to my wife by her grandmother, been in her family for generations. You must be in here for something, did someone send you in here to steal documents? I wouldn't put it past some of the council members to pull a stunt like that."

The room suddenly grows dark as the sun finally sets. The hairs on your neck begin to stand on end, something felt off. The man looks similarly concerned, there was a strange presence in the air. "My names Daniel anyway, you're not going anywhere until we find my wife. She should be down here on the ground level somewhere, or she'll be up in the archives. We find my wife, she gives the all clear that you haven't taken anything and then you go on your merry way. Should you try to pull a swift one on me, I'll have to report you to the appropriate authorities. Shall we start searching then?"

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 06-10-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:35 AM   #529
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- The Salandit was closing in fast, racing ahead of the rolling Ferroseeds. You nudge Ponyta forward and the flaming pony kicks off the ground hard, charging forward with a Quick Attack. She barrels over the Salandit, crushing the lizard under her hooves as it Scratches at her legs, causing minimal damage. Some evasive manoeuvres are necessary as Ponyta is forced to dodge the incoming Ferroseeds, but thankfully the Steel types are yet to gather too much speed. As the Salandit turns to pursue, it is met by Onix's powerful head. The Rock type smacks the Salandit aside before bracing for impact, the Ferroseeds slam into her rocky body. Thankfully she resists the attack and the incoming one as well.

Ponyta lets loose a rippling torrent of fire, the Flamethrower bathes half the Ferroseeds and causes them to screech in pain. They quickly succumb to the super effective attack and topple over, the remaining few look enraged by the treatment of their friends. With their Rollouts stopped by Onix's body, the Ferroseeds begin to claw at Onix with metallic claws. The Salandit shakes itself off and comes at Ponyta again, this time with Poison Gas, seeping from its jaws. Ponyta was still quite healthy, while the Salandit was looking battered but resilient. Onix was in trouble however, with the remaining Ferroseeds now taking to it with super effective attacks of their own. All the while, the remaining two Salandits were getting further and further away with the wheelbarrow, lessening your chances of recovering the old miners ore and receiving your reward. Ponyta gallops back around to hide behind Onix, Salandit hot on its tail.
Hugo was always surprised when he saw Onix being overcome. Something about tve giant rock snake’s massive size and the presence that comes with it just always seemed invincible. But like everyone else, even she had her limitations. The numbers game was catching up and if Hugo didn’t act fast, she would be down for the count. He saw the Ferroseed digging their spines into Onix and knew she needed to do something to protect herself.

“Onix! Quick! Use Harden!” he shouted. This would...hopefully...help, but Hugo knew he was short on time and needed to wrap this up. The Salandit were getting further away with each moment. And speaking of Salandit, we still had this one to deal with. It’s toxic breath would do some serious damage in the tight confines of the cabe if it wasn’t dealt with soon. It still had it’s sights in Ponyta, but Onix was the one who could take this hit.

Hugo saw Ponyta sheltered behind Onix, while Onix took on the onslaught from the Ferroseed. Hugo knew that Ponyta was in great position to sneak attack the Ferroseed, but Salandit would be hot on it’s trail, pun intended. So Hugo had an idea.

“Ponyta, launch yourself onto Onix’s boulder and blast the remaining Ferroseed with another Flamethrower. Then I want you to run up Onix’s body like a track to her head, but make sure the Salandit follows you. Once you get to the head, jump off and Onix, use Smack Down on the Salandit. The fall from that height should do some serious damage. We’re almost out of time. Let’s finish this!”
Old 06-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #530
Meetan
Soul Badge

ffs Hermes...

Quote:
Meetan:

Blaze’s transformation couldn’t have come at a better time: visibly larger than before, and brimming with awakened power, the Combusken flexes his muscles to a poin where it becomes almost impossible for Houndour to keep a tight grip on his leg. A shower of glistening stars falls upon the enemy, forcing him to relinquish the hold altogether, and in an impressive show of athleticism, Blaze swipes Houndour’s legs out from under him, causing the dog to fall over hard. It does not get back up…

*Blaze has learned EM Crush Claw!*
*Blaze has learned EM Endure!*

Axel, meanwhile, has shifted his attention to the desk’s drawers, using his mental powers to open them – why use muscles at all? – and peering inside with curiosity. What he finds he casually carries across the air and places in front of you with basic telekinesis, but he doesn’t seem particularly selective about what he pulls out, regardless of apparent interest: one by one, items are piled up at your feet, starting with an empty ammo clip, then a rusty screw, a long-stopped wristwatch, a pen… and what seems to be a carefully-opened letter.

*Axel has gained 1 Level!*

The only standing guard falters, on the brink of passing out due to pain, but endures and recalls his fainted Houndour. He picks a second PokeBall from his belt, wincing all the while, and prepares to toss it… until his eyes glaze over and he stops breathing. A bloodied metal blade pierces through the fabric of his uniform, and you realize Hermes has done his job, but he did so with unsettling calmness judging by the snail-paced motion of the edge. He had materialized behind the Shell, then leisurely stabbed him across the back, ever-so-slowly penetrating skin, muscle, lung and heart, before re-emerging through the front of his torso…

*Hermes has gained 1 Level!*

It is then that, with a loud thud, the room’s door is forcibly opened from the outside. Immediately, and with great amount of personal interest, Hermes carries out his assigned task: incomparably faster than before, he removes the blade from the dead guard’s chest and spins 180 degrees, driving the edge horizontally into the abdomen of the invader and almost slicing him in half.

“W-why… M-Molly… I h-helped you… I l-l-lov….”

Blood trickling down his mouth, the red-haired man you met before stares at you with an unsettling, sickly gaze. Anderson’s breathing is shallow, and as his strength fails him, he drops the bloodied knife he was carrying in his right hand and a small piece of paper from his left. Finally, he draws his last breath and passes away with his eyes still open, looking straight at you – in a way, maybe the most pleasant death he could have asked for in his mind.

Blaze picks up the note dropped by Anderson and hands it over to you. There are only three lines of text in shoddy handwriting, the same poor penmanship as the one on the paper strapped to that Rattata from before.

“Cathedral is straight ahead through the main hall. There’s also a passage from the Marquis’s room behind the bookshelf. What you want is behind the pipe organ.”

It dawns on you that Anderson had been the one to point you to the quartermaster’s office. He saw through you in your first encounter outside the Sanctum, but didn’t turn you in then even though he was in Rigel’s presence. In fact, he has been helping you, and no doubt was looking to do the same now, knowing you were trapped in here with two guards.

Things turned into a giant mess, but you can’t say you turned up empty-handed. You know where you need to go, but you remember you are still being blackmailed by the quartermaster, who expects you to return with the code to Cathedral’s secret room. You can look around here some more if there are still any loose ends, but you probably shouldn’t linger…

What now?
"Blaze, that was amazing!" Alice praised of the fire-type, in awe of his evolution. He was beautiful and sturdy and tall, pink feathers puffed out with strength and pride. He was absolutely ready for another round, although they both knew they didn't have time for it. How good, then, that Hermes saw to that! Or not. The ghost-type dealt with things in the way he'd been hoping for, revelling not only in the destruction of body and devouring of soul, but perhaps in his trainer's and fellow Pokemons' reactions.

Alice's face in particular was a picture, expression of determined delight falling with shock. He and Axel both sensed it keenly, so in tune (him, perhaps forcibly...) than the Combusken was - the way her heart boomed, the sick pit in her stomach and the sense of dread and fear and regret and disgust. "H- Hermes, y-- you didn't need to...! Hermes, no!" It was too late. By the time she'd reacted to the door opening, the Honedge had added another life to the list. It was none other than their mysterious ally, the seemingly softer (for a Shell) Anderson. His eyes were still open. Fuck. Tears began streaming down her face, and Blaze had to take pause after picking up the paper because his trainer had stumbled to the side to vomit. She had tried to reach the trash can, but, her insides couldn't wait.

"They would've done the same to you. That man was going to eat your baby bird." Hermes reminded her, voice a haunting echo in the psyches of his team. Of course, Combusken had several years on the sword at least, resenting the condescension. He scowled, equally repulsed by the others' actions, and set a comforting hand on the woman's shoulder to ease her. With the other, he set the letter in hand.
"He-- he was helping us! He was trying to help us!" Alice insisted, shakily holding the note up, the paper audibly crinkling. "He was fucking helping us from the start!"
"Or playing you like a fiddle. Either way, lower your voice before we have to make a bonfire." Hermes suggested, and Alice's breath caught in her throat. She'd practically forgotten the items that were on the floor. The Marquis' room was a fucking mess at this stage.

Hermes was right, though. Quick and quiet was the strategy here. Alice wanted to move the bodies but the splashes of blood would give them away anyway, so best forget about that. "We-- we have to go into the s- secret passageway. Come on..." Alice urged. Blaze stayed right at her side, soft feathers able to be felt comfortingly brushing against her skin. Carefully, not wanting it to crash, he used his strength to shift the bookcase with steadying assistance from Axel, and they tried to find the opening. Hermes hovered, ready to phase ahead or deal with anymore intruders. Axel had forced the door shut (untidily dragging a corpse forward from the doorway to do so) and locked it, and said corpse would add a weight to anyone trying to come in. But still, these Shells were crafty.

He'd have the place redder than the Poke Balls they carried if they kept trying to come in like that. If only the Marquis had tried to make the same mistake.

((Axel: 79 > 80, Hermes: 22 > 23))
Old 06-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #531
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Meetan:

Trying your damned hardest to get away from the horror show that the room's infiltration became, you choose not to take any of the items Axel pulled out of the drawer with you and instead dash straight to the bookcase. With the tiniest amount of effort from Blaze (what is a mere bookcase for a Pokemon who has reached numerical perfection?) the obstacle is pushed aside, revealing indeed an opening on the wall leading to a tunnel. Axel makes sure to cover your tracks, restoring the bookcase to its original position, but not before locking the room's door and placing a corpse behind it for good measure.

The path ahead is linear and, thankfully, unguarded. Emergency lights illuminate the tunnel, which seems to go on for a while with a slight downwards inclination. It is just high enough that you don't have to bend over, and wide enough to a single person but no more than that, forcing your Pokemon to follow behind you in a straight line like you're playing some silly videogame. As you progress, you go over the previous events in your head: the sight of Anderson passing away in front of your eyes, Hermes leisurely piercing that guard's chest, that other man you murdered on the sideway when you probed his mind... What a great day you're having, if you're Jason Voorhees.

After a few minutes of walking, you reach the other end of the tunnel, but it seems to be blocked off. No door to speak of, the path abruplty ends in a light brown wall... which Axel quickly identifies as the reverse side of a large canvas. Blaze gently places his hands on the obstacle and pushes it to the side with even greater ease than the bookcase, and you quickly pass through what turns our to be, indeed, a massive painting placed on the side wall of the Cathedral church. And then, you hear the chants.

It seems you arrived right at the middle of a celebration. The inside of the Cathedral is every bit as impressive as the outside, regardless of whether you are woman of faith. Massive stone pillars rise on all four corners of the church, several wooden benches have been lined at the center, and an impressively ornate altar rests on the North wall with a huge pipe organ set up immediately next to it. A choir of four grunts - surprisingly in tune, you have to admit - sings a Psalm of Dialga, and four people stand around a casket which has been placed in front of the altar, with somber looks on their faces. Three of them you do not recognize, but the fourth is undoubtedly the Salamence rider and the man on the photograph you saw earlier, Marquis Rigel von Argentus. An elder man in robes stands on the altar and sings the sad song along with the choir, his hands held above the casket.

"We pray that you can look past his transgressions. Chain him not to Giratina's Realm, but grant him respite in the Hall of Origin," says the priest out loud. Who knew Shells were religious to begin with? Then again, with only four people attending the ceremony, it's safe to assume the vast majority of the criminal group might not care after all.

"Your final moments of rebellion cannot erase a lifetime of dedication," suddenly says Rigel, as soon as the priest finishes. "You stole from me, and I might not find it in me to forgive you old man, but it's not my place to judge you in death. Arceus have mercy on your soul."

With that, the Marquis turns his back to the casket and excuses himself from the ceremony, walking out of the church. The rest continue, but the choir and the music have since stopped to give place to prayer.

What will you do?

TheKnightsFury: Radiation Poisoning Lv 3 in effect

Somehow, things have taken a turn for the even-worse. As if the radiation wasn't bad enough, you now have a strange, massive Muk to contend with!

Iron Maiden seems to be your best bet to take on the creature, as Honedge is tasked with retrieving the crystal from the pile of rocks on the far wall and Blinky is too sick to do much of anything. Even you are struggling just to remain conscious, let alone issue coherent instructions to your units...

Light gathers in front of your Ferroseed, and it begins to crackle with electricity. Muk makes its way towards the steel seedling, slithering across the ground as it leaves behind a black trail - not of actual goo, you realize, but of darkness... Iron Maiden then begins to spin and, like a makeshift generator, unleashes a Thunder Wave that strikes the giant liquid being and spreads throughout its giant frame. Muk winces but does not relent, continuing its slow march towards Iron Maiden. The Steel-Type is ready, though, and charges up as it forms a glistening energy orb in front of her. She takes aim and unleashes the concentrated beam of light straight at the oncoming threat...

... but the blast passes through Muk as it dissolves into a hundred swirling shadows! Somehow, the enemy has disappeared!

Iron Maiden looks around, confused. It was a clean shot! As she struggles to comprehend how she could have missed, you realize with horror that something is happening - the Ferroseed's own shadow begins to move abnormally, independently, before expanding to three times its original size. The shadow gains mass and takes a shape of its own, giving rise to monstrous Muk directly bheind Iron Maiden! It hen opens its gigantic mouth and swallows the Ferroseed whole in a terrifying display of voracity! How long can your partner endure the highly acidic and intensely radioactive environment of Muk's bowels?!

Honedge, meanwhile, is stuck pondering on two things: one, why can't he have a cool nickname like everyone else, and two, how much longer until the damn crystal comes loose? The sharp blade digs and strikes away at the stone, the crystal insisting on remaining stuck amidst the rubble, but you can tell it won't take much longer until Honedge succeeds - if he can withstand the point-blank radiation much longer, that is....

What will you do now?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #532
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- Confronted with a strange place, a strange person and a strange and angry Elekid, you quickly try to explain yourself. Buster prepares to defend you, but perhaps the young croc would do better to not pick a fight with a Pokemon that has a clear type disadvantage over himself. Thankfully Bomber pulls him back before he does something he regrets, the Elekid snickers at the Totodile as it is pulled back by the Rock type.

"Stand down Elekid", the man quickly shuts the Electric type down. "If these lot meant to harm us then they would have by now. That doesn't mean I believe your story stranger. You'd have me believe you're here because of that old painting? That was given to my wife by her grandmother, been in her family for generations. You must be in here for something, did someone send you in here to steal documents? I wouldn't put it past some of the council members to pull a stunt like that."

The room suddenly grows dark as the sun finally sets. The hairs on your neck begin to stand on end, something felt off. The man looks similarly concerned, there was a strange presence in the air. "My names Daniel anyway, you're not going anywhere until we find my wife. She should be down here on the ground level somewhere, or she'll be up in the archives. We find my wife, she gives the all clear that you haven't taken anything and then you go on your merry way. Should you try to pull a swift one on me, I'll have to report you to the appropriate authorities. Shall we start searching then?"

Woah, talk about uptight... Even the name is all Kalos-posh like...

The man was quickly coming off as the kind of insufferable suit that would be chewed up and spat out in a heartbeat if he ever dared step foot in the
Heimlan Army - businessmen, engineers, doctors... people who hid behind their brains, their money and their status, until none of those did them any good. Until they met someone like Hanson Briggs.

But I can't hurt him. Sure, he's accusing me without proof and I ain't done nothing wrong... But I remember Nathan always told me to prove them wrong without using my fists.

Buster, it seemed, shared Hanson's desire to make justice with his own hands, but Bomber intervened, much to the crocodile's annoyance.

"I'm telling you there's something fishy with this picture mister," the giant finally said, having cooled down from the accusations somewhat. "And I don't want nothing to do with any documents neither. I came here to help them Marshals make this place alright for living again, you know? Came here to do the right thing. Not to be accused of no stealing."

He had to kneel down and grab Basher, as the Stufful was beginning to grow restless sensing Hanson's budding hostility towards the stranger. Or perhaps
it was due to the somber feeling of uneasiness that accompanied nightfall.

"This is a big-ass tower you chose to live in. So we better start looking for your wife cuz I ain't standing around here listening to you pointing your skinny ingers at me," he sternly declared. Hanson was usually a gentle, kind soul despite his size, but could be downright terrifying when he was enraged, and few things angered him more than false accusations. "I ain't part of no counsil-nonsense, but I am a soldier and I can stand up for myself. Keep that in mind if you decide to try and pull a swift one on me, Mr Daniel."
Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 AM   #533
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury: Radiation Poisoning Lv 3 in effect

Somehow, things have taken a turn for the even-worse. As if the radiation wasn't bad enough, you now have a strange, massive Muk to contend with!

Iron Maiden seems to be your best bet to take on the creature, as Honedge is tasked with retrieving the crystal from the pile of rocks on the far wall and Blinky is too sick to do much of anything. Even you are struggling just to remain conscious, let alone issue coherent instructions to your units...

Light gathers in front of your Ferroseed, and it begins to crackle with electricity. Muk makes its way towards the steel seedling, slithering across the ground as it leaves behind a black trail - not of actual goo, you realize, but of darkness... Iron Maiden then begins to spin and, like a makeshift generator, unleashes a Thunder Wave that strikes the giant liquid being and spreads throughout its giant frame. Muk winces but does not relent, continuing its slow march towards Iron Maiden. The Steel-Type is ready, though, and charges up as it forms a glistening energy orb in front of her. She takes aim and unleashes the concentrated beam of light straight at the oncoming threat...

... but the blast passes through Muk as it dissolves into a hundred swirling shadows! Somehow, the enemy has disappeared!

Iron Maiden looks around, confused. It was a clean shot! As she struggles to comprehend how she could have missed, you realize with horror that something is happening - the Ferroseed's own shadow begins to move abnormally, independently, before expanding to three times its original size. The shadow gains mass and takes a shape of its own, giving rise to monstrous Muk directly bheind Iron Maiden! It hen opens its gigantic mouth and swallows the Ferroseed whole in a terrifying display of voracity! How long can your partner endure the highly acidic and intensely radioactive environment of Muk's bowels?!

Honedge, meanwhile, is stuck pondering on two things: one, why can't he have a cool nickname like everyone else, and two, how much longer until the damn crystal comes loose? The sharp blade digs and strikes away at the stone, the crystal insisting on remaining stuck amidst the rubble, but you can tell it won't take much longer until Honedge succeeds - if he can withstand the point-blank radiation much longer, that is....

What will you do now?
"Arceus damn it", spat Jayson, the Muk was something different altogether. It acted like no Pokemon he'd ever seen before, Iron Maiden's attacks seemed to pass straight through. To make matters worse the Ferroseed was then engulfed by the Muk. Jayson could see a slight glow inside the multicoloured mass, no doubt she was trying to free herself. Jayson had to weigh up his options. There was a chance that the stone had something to do with the Muk's strange behaviour. Honedge's efforts to retrieve it could prove crucial to freeing Iron Maiden, so it was best that the blade stay on task. Blinky was struggling but he knew the Chinchou would try his best to fight for his friend. Jayson picked up the die from the ground, it didn't appear to do anything when he rolled it.

Out of the corner of his eye Jayson caught glimpse of Blinky's Pokeball and he quickly scrambled towards it. The Chinchou's appearance was worsening, Jayson could swear there was something beginning to form between the fish's eyes. As soon as he was no longer needed, Jayson would recall him, but they had to clear the current threat first. "Honedge keep working hard to try and get that stone free! Blinky you need to help Iron Maiden get free, try and hit the Muk with a Thunderbolt and an Ice Beam." Jayson wasn't sure if it was at all possible to harm the Muk, but he knew they had to try and get Iron Maiden out as soon as possible.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #534
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury

The battle is definitely not going in your favour. Muk seems to have an overwhelming advantage in every regard, and to make matters worse, Iron Maiden is in serious risk of being digested by the monster!

For a while, you fear the absolute worst: your Ferroseed has vanished, and Muk shifts its attention to Honedge, who keeps trying his best to pull out the radioactive crystal. The creature slithers towards the living blade, until a blast of ice strikes it on the back. Annoyed but completely undamaged, Muk turns back around, enraged by Blinky’s audacity. It gives up on Honedge, and instead makes its way towards the severely-ill Chinchou, who attempts to fight back with a Thunderbolt that, while hitting its target, is just as ineffective as the previous attack. Is this demon impervious to damage?!

*Blinky has gained 1 Level!*

Things keep going from bad to worse. Blinky’s form has changed almost completely from the intense radiation poisoning, you are also struggling just to remain conscious, and the Muk threatens to devour your entire party. Even the red stone you had admittedly placed some faith on seems to do absolutely nothing. You start wondering if you can make it out, or even summon Sigurd in time to take you to safety… when somehow, stars seem to miraculously align!

Honedge strikes at the stone with everything he has, and in that valiant effort, the wall caves in causing the crystal to fly off and roll across the cavern flor, losing its light! Almost immediately you can feel some of its effects beginning to wane as this happens, and you can swear that, in the midst of your overpowering nausea and light-headedness, you caught a glimpse of colour behind the pile of rocks the crystal was trapped on...
Gazing at the now-inert mineral on the ground, even from a distance you see it possesses a rather uniquely symmetrical shape, leaving little doubt as to what it is: it can only be a 1x Poisonium Z!

*Honedge has gained 3 Levels!*

At the same time, a white glow begins to escape Muk’s mouth, coming from within, and grows in intensity until a literal explosion of light causes the dark being to disperse, shadows scattering all over the cave as if a bomb had just gone off inside Muk’s bowels! The light then fades progressively, and left behind is a large creature bearing only a passing resemblance to the old Iron Maiden: a spherical monster covered in spiked plates and with large whip-like vines for legs looks at you with familiarity, and you can tell it is, in fact, still the Iron Maiden you know and love… only transformed into a mighty !

Shadows dance across the now poorly lit cave, and coalesce once more into the dreaded foe. However, you notice it reforms into a considerably smaller Muk, possibly weakened due to lack of the crystal’s effect. It seems to have retained its voracious appetite, however, and again shifts its attention to Iron Maiden, but something inside tells you that now you might just be able to stand up to the threat!

Radiation Poisoning down to Lv 2
Old 06-13-2018, 04:27 AM   #535
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury

The battle is definitely not going in your favour. Muk seems to have an overwhelming advantage in every regard, and to make matters worse, Iron Maiden is in serious risk of being digested by the monster!

For a while, you fear the absolute worst: your Ferroseed has vanished, and Muk shifts its attention to Honedge, who keeps trying his best to pull out the radioactive crystal. The creature slithers towards the living blade, until a blast of ice strikes it on the back. Annoyed but completely undamaged, Muk turns back around, enraged by Blinky’s audacity. It gives up on Honedge, and instead makes its way towards the severely-ill Chinchou, who attempts to fight back with a Thunderbolt that, while hitting its target, is just as ineffective as the previous attack. Is this demon impervious to damage?!

*Blinky has gained 1 Level!*

Things keep going from bad to worse. Blinky’s form has changed almost completely from the intense radiation poisoning, you are also struggling just to remain conscious, and the Muk threatens to devour your entire party. Even the red stone you had admittedly placed some faith on seems to do absolutely nothing. You start wondering if you can make it out, or even summon Sigurd in time to take you to safety… when somehow, stars seem to miraculously align!

Honedge strikes at the stone with everything he has, and in that valiant effort, the wall caves in causing the crystal to fly off and roll across the cavern flor, losing its light! Almost immediately you can feel some of its effects beginning to wane as this happens, and you can swear that, in the midst of your overpowering nausea and light-headedness, you caught a glimpse of colour behind the pile of rocks the crystal was trapped on...
Gazing at the now-inert mineral on the ground, even from a distance you see it possesses a rather uniquely symmetrical shape, leaving little doubt as to what it is: it can only be a 1x Poisonium Z!

*Honedge has gained 3 Levels!*

At the same time, a white glow begins to escape Muk’s mouth, coming from within, and grows in intensity until a literal explosion of light causes the dark being to disperse, shadows scattering all over the cave as if a bomb had just gone off inside Muk’s bowels! The light then fades progressively, and left behind is a large creature bearing only a passing resemblance to the old Iron Maiden: a spherical monster covered in spiked plates and with large whip-like vines for legs looks at you with familiarity, and you can tell it is, in fact, still the Iron Maiden you know and love… only transformed into a mighty !

Shadows dance across the now poorly lit cave, and coalesce once more into the dreaded foe. However, you notice it reforms into a considerably smaller Muk, possibly weakened due to lack of the crystal’s effect. It seems to have retained its voracious appetite, however, and again shifts its attention to Iron Maiden, but something inside tells you that now you might just be able to stand up to the threat!

Radiation Poisoning down to Lv 2
The crystal was finally pried from the rumble and with it the Muk's power was greatly diminished. Turned out that the crystal was actually a Poisonium Z crystal but Jayson was unsure why a Z Crystal would be emitting that much energy. Perhaps the answer remained in the rumble, as Jayson could see something remaining in the rocks. He no longer had to worry about Iron Maiden either, the Ferroseed had managed to free herself as she evolved into a Ferrothorn, becoming larger and much more powerful. With her new strength they would likely be able to handle the Muk without Blinky's assistance, it was time for the Chinchou to take shelter in his Pokeball. As the Water type turned to him, Jayson let out a shocked gasp. The Chinchou now sported three eyes, a third having developed due to the prolonged exposure to the radiation. Jayson quickly recalled the mutated Chinchou, he'd have to get the Chinchou properly checked out at a Pokemon Center to ensure there were no long term issues, other than the obvious physical mutations.

Jayson steadied himself, the radiation was weakening but it would be some time before the effects fully cleared. Stumbling across the ground, he made his way towards the Poisonium Z Crystal. He'd recover it before heading over to check out the rubble, hoping to find a reason for the strange effects the Z Crystal seemed to have. "Honedge, Iron Maiden, keep the Muk busy! Honedge hit it with an Iron Head, while Iron Maiden Digs under and strikes it from below."

Old 06-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #536
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I was hoping more of you would have replied by now...

Crimson Sanctum

[ Balmund ]

You decide to get the hell out of dodge. You issue one last warning to Topher and his buddy, before turning and hurrying away, the three younger kids in tow. Topher's still almost certainly going to tattle on you just as soon as he can, but with a little luck you'll be long gone before he gets the chance. Beside you, Pepper looks downright exuberant. Stephen and James trail along a few steps behind you; the former is still on the verge of tears while the latter is well and truly absorbed into his electronic device.

"I can't believe we got his Charmander," Pepper gushes. The wheels are already spinning in her devious little head. "We should take my brother's Torchic next, he's a jerk-"

She sounds serious. If she wasn't destined for a life of crime before, she definitely is now. Then again, her parents are Shells. The kids take you back across the street, back to the place where you had first met. You stand in front of a disarmingly suburban image of a middle-class, 3-bedroom/two-bath house, with a well manicured lawn and a porch swing. If you didn't know better, you might never guess this was the nest of an organized crime syndicate.

"You were great," Pepper praises you, genuinely. Evidently, you lived up to all of her expectations of what hired muscle should be. She reaches into her pocket and produces two pieces of hard candy, and a couple of coins, which she dumps into your palm. "There's your payment. If you ever want a job again, this is my house..." She says, motioning to the nearby house. She still thinks she's going to keep the Charmander, evidently. Even without favoring in the stolen Pokemon, her idea of payment is a little paltry. Before you even have the opportunity to protest however, a bright blue sedan pulls into the driveway across the street, and Stephen immediately blanches.

"Oh crap, my cousin is home-" he whimpers. A middle-aged woman with blonde hair and her surly looking preteen son climb out of the car; the other boy looks just a little younger than Topher.

"Oh, look, Jimmy, it's Stephen," the woman chitters. "Why don't you go play with your cousin why I put dinner on?"

As his mother heads for the front door, the boy stares at you a moment, before crossing the street. Stephen all but hides behind you you. He fixes you with a weird look -- you're an unfamiliar adult, after all -- before turning his atention to his cousin.

"Hey, Steph," he greets, pleasantly enough. He glances at the Poke Ball clutched in the blonde's hands. "How's Maggie?"

"Oh, um... she's fine," Stephen lies, right through his teeth. He's sweating bullets. Jimmy reaches out and takes the Poke Ball from his cousin.

"It's time for her snack," he informs, fishing a sandwich baggie full of slightly smooshed Poffins out of his pocket. Before anyone can stop him, he releases the Magikarp onto the sidewalk. It materializes in a flash of light, and... it isn't moving.

"...Maggie?" Jimmy asks, blanching. The fish has only fainted, but the way Jimmy reaches out to poke at her with a horrified expression on his face strongly suggests he's assumed the worst. If the kid freaks out, the parents will probably come to check on him, and then you'll never get a chance to get that Charmander from Pepper.

You've obtained x02 Rare Candies and $100.

What will you do?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #537
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- With the Salandit still posing a threat and Onix being attacked by the remaining Ferroseed, you need to think quickly in order to come up with a plan. Thankfully one comes to you rather swiftly as you urge Ponyta to mount Onix. The flaming pony springs off her back legs and onto the Onix's tail and begins to gallop up the Rock type's long body. Onix glistens as she hardens her already strong body, helping shield herself against the clawing Ferroseed. Ponyta quickly disposes of the remaining Ferroseed, issuing a rippling Flamethrower that bathes the spiky Steel types and knocks them unconscious. Looking over your shoulder you smile as you see the Salandit has chosen to follow you, still intent on getting its hands on Ponyta. It scurries along the Onix's boulders, quickly closing in on you.

Ponyta reaches Onix's head, swerving around its crest the Fire type leaps back down to the ground, almost collapsing from the impact due to your additional weight. The Ponyta's chest heaves, she seems exhausted from all the running. You turn back to look for the Salandit, just in time it seems. Onix feels the lizard scurry up onto her head and acts swiftly, jerking her head upwards and Smacking the Fire type into the ceiling of the tunnel. As she drops her head back down the Salandit drops to the floor of the tunnel, motionless.

Onix gained 3 levels
Ponyta gained 3 levels

You were now clear to pursue the remaining two Salandit, but Ponyta was beginning to look tired, having carried your additional weight for quite some time.

Maskerade- Somewhat disgruntled about being wrongfully accused, you decide it best to prove your innocence the right way. Daniel seems to pick up on your masked anger, furrowing his brow slightly as he leads you out of the room. Something was odd as you exited the room. It was dark, very dark. The sun had gone down, but surely someone would have turned the lights on? Only small amounts of moonlight filtering through the videos illuminated your surroundings, you couldn't make out anyone else in the lobby, it was deserted.

"Where is everyone?", Daniel questions, seemingly as surprised as you are. "There were still people here a minute ago, the receptionist should still be here and she should have turned the lights on." Daniel rushes over to the reception desk, leaning over it he checks for the missing receptionist. "You can't be f***ing serious", Daniel turns back towards you, a look of dread on his face. Peering over the desk you see the lifeless body of the receptionist on the floor, her throat slit and blood pooling around her. "We need to find my wi..."

Screams cut Daniel off, it seemed as if the whole tower was ringing with them. Daniel rushes for the light switch but as he turns it on, the lights do little more than flicker every few seconds. "We need to find my wife right now, we're all in danger!" A light flickers in the far corner of the lobby, illuminating a strange, human-like figure. The entity stands with slumped shoulders, its entire body is black and it has no distinguishable features, at least from this distance. It suddenly begins to move, taking slow, lumbering steps towards you and your Pokemon. Could this be what killed the receptionist?

Lvl 20 Shadow Wraith- Treated as a Shadow Pokemon, slow but strong, has access to a range of Shadow, Dark and Ghost Moves.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 06-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #538
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

I was hoping more of you would have replied by now...

Crimson Sanctum

[ Balmund ]

You decide to get the hell out of dodge. You issue one last warning to Topher and his buddy, before turning and hurrying away, the three younger kids in tow. Topher's still almost certainly going to tattle on you just as soon as he can, but with a little luck you'll be long gone before he gets the chance. Beside you, Pepper looks downright exuberant. Stephen and James trail along a few steps behind you; the former is still on the verge of tears while the latter is well and truly absorbed into his electronic device.

"I can't believe we got his Charmander," Pepper gushes. The wheels are already spinning in her devious little head. "We should take my brother's Torchic next, he's a jerk-"

She sounds serious. If she wasn't destined for a life of crime before, she definitely is now. Then again, her parents are Shells. The kids take you back across the street, back to the place where you had first met. You stand in front of a disarmingly suburban image of a middle-class, 3-bedroom/two-bath house, with a well manicured lawn and a porch swing. If you didn't know better, you might never guess this was the nest of an organized crime syndicate.

"You were great," Pepper praises you, genuinely. Evidently, you lived up to all of her expectations of what hired muscle should be. She reaches into her pocket and produces two pieces of hard candy, and a couple of coins, which she dumps into your palm. "There's your payment. If you ever want a job again, this is my house..." She says, motioning to the nearby house. She still thinks she's going to keep the Charmander, evidently. Even without favoring in the stolen Pokemon, her idea of payment is a little paltry. Before you even have the opportunity to protest however, a bright blue sedan pulls into the driveway across the street, and Stephen immediately blanches.

"Oh crap, my cousin is home-" he whimpers. A middle-aged woman with blonde hair and her surly looking preteen son climb out of the car; the other boy looks just a little younger than Topher.

"Oh, look, Jimmy, it's Stephen," the woman chitters. "Why don't you go play with your cousin why I put dinner on?"

As his mother heads for the front door, the boy stares at you a moment, before crossing the street. Stephen all but hides behind you you. He fixes you with a weird look -- you're an unfamiliar adult, after all -- before turning his atention to his cousin.

"Hey, Steph," he greets, pleasantly enough. He glances at the Poke Ball clutched in the blonde's hands. "How's Maggie?"

"Oh, um... she's fine," Stephen lies, right through his teeth. He's sweating bullets. Jimmy reaches out and takes the Poke Ball from his cousin.

"It's time for her snack," he informs, fishing a sandwich baggie full of slightly smooshed Poffins out of his pocket. Before anyone can stop him, he releases the Magikarp onto the sidewalk. It materializes in a flash of light, and... it isn't moving.

"...Maggie?" Jimmy asks, blanching. The fish has only fainted, but the way Jimmy reaches out to poke at her with a horrified expression on his face strongly suggests he's assumed the worst. If the kid freaks out, the parents will probably come to check on him, and then you'll never get a chance to get that Charmander from Pepper.

You've obtained x02 Rare Candies and $100.

What will you do?

Don't worry, you can count on me for quick replies.

It was always one thing after the other. Bel had expected them to take her to some place secluded - a minimum requirement to count as some form of hideout - and instead they take her straight back home, forcing her to deal with yet another little twerp. It was her original plan to offer a not-so-even trade for the Charmander, rather than take it by force. She would take it as just reward for stealing it herself and, in exchange, she would've offered to catch another one for them that would presumably be a more reliable partner than a Magikarp. Adult intervention however would make that plan far less than ideal, and simply taking it outright would be detrimental for her ultimate goal of joining the Shells (wouldn't want to bully their children too much after all). No, she needed to talk them into it, it was the only way. The only clean way, anyways. And before doing any kind of talk, she needed to deal with Stephen's cousin first.

"The karp's merely taking a forced nap. Your dumb little cousin pitched it against a Charmander on his first ever Pokemon battle. It lost." Bel bluntly said, quickly throwing Stephen under the bus. In a weird twisted way, she genuinely thought that might help. Better for Jimmy to know the Magikarp was beaten but alive, instead of being dead fish. There was no way to explain the burns, and Stephen was just the perfect scapegoat. She had a feeling the other two kids would back her up on this. This also allowed her the chance to present herself as some sort of hero and good samaritan before the newcomer. "Here, lemme bring some life into your pet." She approached, pulling out a Revive and a some Fresh Water out of her bag. "Y'all owe me, after this."

::FB::WF::
Old 06-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #539
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- With the Salandit still posing a threat and Onix being attacked by the remaining Ferroseed, you need to think quickly in order to come up with a plan. Thankfully one comes to you rather swiftly as you urge Ponyta to mount Onix. The flaming pony springs off her back legs and onto the Onix's tail and begins to gallop up the Rock type's long body. Onix glistens as she hardens her already strong body, helping shield herself against the clawing Ferroseed. Ponyta quickly disposes of the remaining Ferroseed, issuing a rippling Flamethrower that bathes the spiky Steel types and knocks them unconscious. Looking over your shoulder you smile as you see the Salandit has chosen to follow you, still intent on getting its hands on Ponyta. It scurries along the Onix's boulders, quickly closing in on you.

Ponyta reaches Onix's head, swerving around its crest the Fire type leaps back down to the ground, almost collapsing from the impact due to your additional weight. The Ponyta's chest heaves, she seems exhausted from all the running. You turn back to look for the Salandit, just in time it seems. Onix feels the lizard scurry up onto her head and acts swiftly, jerking her head upwards and Smacking the Fire type into the ceiling of the tunnel. As she drops her head back down the Salandit drops to the floor of the tunnel, motionless.

Onix gained 3 levels
Ponyta gained 3 levels

You were now clear to pursue the remaining two Salandit, but Ponyta was beginning to look tired, having carried your additional weight for quite some time.
Hugo was satisfied seeing his plan co,e to fruition, but knew his team was worse for wear. Onyx had taken quite a few super effective hits from the Ferroseed onslaught, and Ponytail was exhausted with over exertion. She needed to rest and Hugo knew it.

He lightly stroked the fur on the fire horse’s face and reached down on to the cave floor, grabbing a dried out tree branch. He held one end in his light and placed he other end into Ponyta’s mane, causing he stick to ignite forming a torch. He would have to use this to guide the way, otherwise he would be careening into darkness and right into the Salandit’s hands. Speaking of which, he knew with each passing second, they got further and further away. He had to act quickly before he lost them or his torch burned out. From his waist, he grabbed Ponyta’s Pokeball.

“You did such a good job. Thank you. Get some rest,” he said to his Pokemon. He recalled her and in a flash of light, she was gone. Time was of the essence, though and he knew he needed to act quickly. The thought of venturing deeper into a dark, constricting cave made him a little uneasy and played on his mild claustrophobia. But then again, he had Onix. They were known for burrowing deep caverns underground. If here was ever a Pokémon designed for this job, it was Onix. He looked to the rock snake who, despite being through the ringer, was still eager to continue.

“You ready?” Hugo asked. On I shuddered with anticipation and lowered her massive head so Hugo could climb on. He did, firmly grasping the rigid crest.

“Let’s go. We’ve got to get the Salandit.”
Old 06-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #540
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan:

Trying your damned hardest to get away from the horror show that the room's infiltration became, you choose not to take any of the items Axel pulled out of the drawer with you and instead dash straight to the bookcase. With the tiniest amount of effort from Blaze (what is a mere bookcase for a Pokemon who has reached numerical perfection?) the obstacle is pushed aside, revealing indeed an opening on the wall leading to a tunnel. Axel makes sure to cover your tracks, restoring the bookcase to its original position, but not before locking the room's door and placing a corpse behind it for good measure.

The path ahead is linear and, thankfully, unguarded. Emergency lights illuminate the tunnel, which seems to go on for a while with a slight downwards inclination. It is just high enough that you don't have to bend over, and wide enough to a single person but no more than that, forcing your Pokemon to follow behind you in a straight line like you're playing some silly videogame. As you progress, you go over the previous events in your head: the sight of Anderson passing away in front of your eyes, Hermes leisurely piercing that guard's chest, that other man you murdered on the sideway when you probed his mind... What a great day you're having, if you're Jason Voorhees.

After a few minutes of walking, you reach the other end of the tunnel, but it seems to be blocked off. No door to speak of, the path abruplty ends in a light brown wall... which Axel quickly identifies as the reverse side of a large canvas. Blaze gently places his hands on the obstacle and pushes it to the side with even greater ease than the bookcase, and you quickly pass through what turns our to be, indeed, a massive painting placed on the side wall of the Cathedral church. And then, you hear the chants.

It seems you arrived right at the middle of a celebration. The inside of the Cathedral is every bit as impressive as the outside, regardless of whether you are woman of faith. Massive stone pillars rise on all four corners of the church, several wooden benches have been lined at the center, and an impressively ornate altar rests on the North wall with a huge pipe organ set up immediately next to it. A choir of four grunts - surprisingly in tune, you have to admit - sings a Psalm of Dialga, and four people stand around a casket which has been placed in front of the altar, with somber looks on their faces. Three of them you do not recognize, but the fourth is undoubtedly the Salamence rider and the man on the photograph you saw earlier, Marquis Rigel von Argentus. An elder man in robes stands on the altar and sings the sad song along with the choir, his hands held above the casket.

"We pray that you can look past his transgressions. Chain him not to Giratina's Realm, but grant him respite in the Hall of Origin," says the priest out loud. Who knew Shells were religious to begin with? Then again, with only four people attending the ceremony, it's safe to assume the vast majority of the criminal group might not care after all.

"Your final moments of rebellion cannot erase a lifetime of dedication," suddenly says Rigel, as soon as the priest finishes. "You stole from me, and I might not find it in me to forgive you old man, but it's not my place to judge you in death. Arceus have mercy on your soul."

With that, the Marquis turns his back to the casket and excuses himself from the ceremony, walking out of the church. The rest continue, but the choir and the music have since stopped to give place to prayer.

What will you do?
Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle like video game avatars. How appropriate for Alice in a way, although the lack of space did make her nervous. Maybe she was claustrophobic? Blaze helped push open the painting from behind her, the gesture making the trainer even more anxious. They had no idea what was waiting on the other side. They could walk into straight up gunfire.

Thankfully, the cathedral's guests were otherwise occupied. She stepped out quietly with help from the Combusken and Axel floated out beside her. They had emerged in the middle of the grand building on the western side of the hall, and to the north it looked like there was a gathering to honour the man that she and Nina had accidentally finished up. Great, because Alice needed a reminder of her kill count at that very moment. Her stomach curled as she spotted Rigel turn around and make his way from the hall. There was now a timer on their heads. He was likely to make his way back to his room and find the slaughter and raid that had happened there and raise the alarm, and god forbid if the gate guards had their brains on and thought to mention the woman they hadn't recognised - her. Or, if the Quartermaster turned them right over, which Alice thought might be fucking likely.

Alice gestured for the two to follow her, ducking down to hide behind some seats. It was harder for Combusken now, who had to more than crouch to hide himself, not used to this 'obnoxious' size. Alice couldn't help but think the stealth needed for this would honestly be served well by Hermes, but she couldn't really bear to do that again. Who knows how long this ceremony would take, though? What they wanted was directly by this group. They had no choice but to be direct here...

Alice took out two Love Balls, releasing two small Pokemon from where they hid under the benches. "Zoey, I want you to use supersonic. Nina, I want you to mimic it and for you to copy with mirror move, Blaze. We're going to throw them off, and once they're confused and their hearing's out, both of you use hypnosis to put them to sleep and copy them again, Blaze, okay?" She ordered quietly. Her heart was beating miles a minute. Alice just couldn't think of how to be stealthy and get this done, but she wished that she could.

"Axel, search that organ for what we need. That code or whatever it is is supposedly behind it. Ready? Let's go. Zoey, you from above. Nina, use your agility to rush in with Blaze. Don't give them a chance to do anything!" The party clear on their orders, Zoey made to soar in from the ceiling, Nina and Blaze making a straight and blurred dash; both delivering their deafening and confusing sound waves in tandem with the shiny above. Axel waited with Alice who was in hiding. They'd likely see where the trainer was and possibly even open fire. This way Axel could teleport Alice to safety if an attack was launched, using his telepathy to stay alert and to see if he could sense the item they were seeking from a distance. If not it was fine. One thing at a time.

God, Alice hoped this would work, or they were probably in trouble. "Axel, lock the cathedral doors." She thought suddenly. That'd keep these people in and any assistance out for the moment.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #541
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- With Ponyta now exhausted, you put her to use one last time, creating a makeshift torch out of a few dried out branches. As the fire crackles to life, you recall Ponyta so that she may recover from her efforts. Luckily you still have a notable mount at hand, Onix lowers her head down so that you can climb on. Grasping her crest tightly with one hand and brandishing the torch with the other, you urge the giant rock snake to pursue the remaining two Salandit.

The torch does quite well at illuminating your surroundings. It isn't long before the Salandit are in sight again and Onix lets out a roar as she desperately attempts to close the gap. The slippery reptiles weave the wheelbarrow through a pile of boulders that lay haphazardly in the middle of the tunnel. As the wheelbarrow clears the boulders, one of the Salandits comes to a stop. Grabbing a hold of one of the small boulders, the Salandit rolls it back down the tunnel towards Onix. As it rolls the boulder seems to awaken, sprouting two arms and an angry scowl. This wasn't a boulder, it was a Geodude! The awakened Geodude slams its fists into the ground, triggering a tremor that shakes the entire tunnel, damaging Onix in the process. You're almost thrown off Onix but thankfully the tremor is only of low magnitude. It appears you aren't the only thing that has been shaken however, as you hear screeches echo through the cave. A trio of Zubat flap around violently, displeased about being awakened so abruptly. The Salandit bares its teeth in a sinister smile, its plan worked better than expected. It now had the assistance of a Geodude and three Zubat, giving it the clear numbers advantage against your Onix.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 AM   #542
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- With Ponyta now exhausted, you put her to use one last time, creating a makeshift torch out of a few dried out branches. As the fire crackles to life, you recall Ponyta so that she may recover from her efforts. Luckily you still have a notable mount at hand, Onix lowers her head down so that you can climb on. Grasping her crest tightly with one hand and brandishing the torch with the other, you urge the giant rock snake to pursue the remaining two Salandit.

The torch does quite well at illuminating your surroundings. It isn't long before the Salandit are in sight again and Onix lets out a roar as she desperately attempts to close the gap. The slippery reptiles weave the wheelbarrow through a pile of boulders that lay haphazardly in the middle of the tunnel. As the wheelbarrow clears the boulders, one of the Salandits comes to a stop. Grabbing a hold of one of the small boulders, the Salandit rolls it back down the tunnel towards Onix. As it rolls the boulder seems to awaken, sprouting two arms and an angry scowl. This wasn't a boulder, it was a Geodude! The awakened Geodude slams its fists into the ground, triggering a tremor that shakes the entire tunnel, damaging Onix in the process. You're almost thrown off Onix but thankfully the tremor is only of low magnitude. It appears you aren't the only thing that has been shaken however, as you hear screeches echo through the cave. A trio of Zubat flap around violently, displeased about being awakened so abruptly. The Salandit bares its teeth in a sinister smile, its plan worked better than expected. It now had the assistance of a Geodude and three Zubat, giving it the clear numbers advantage against your Onix.
“God, we just can’t catch a break!” Hugo groaned exasperatedly, clinging to the crest on Onix’s head to keep from plummeting to the cave floor. “Get AWAY from me!” he shouted, swatting at the enraged Zubat with the torch.

Hugo quickly scrambled off Onix’ head to allow the rock type the opportunity to fight back freely without worrying about Hugo’s safety. But Geodude’s magnitude had done a good bit of damage to Onix, and between that threat and the flock of angry Zubat, Hugo knew she was going to need reinforcements. He pulled a Pokeball from his belt and popped it open. In front of him materialized Sneasel, a sardonic grin on his face. Living up to his name, the Sharp Claw Pokemon ran his claws together to sharpen them, a metallic schwing echoing through the cave.

Hugo knew Sneasel was somewhat of a risky choice. Being part Ice type, it faced a type disadvantage against any Rock type attacks Geodude might throw at him. But at the same time, his Ice typing was super effective against Geodude’s Ground type. High risk, but high reward. Hugo knew he was still running out of time. He wanted to dispose of these roadblocks as quickly and efficiently as possible. Weaken them first, he thought, then take them out with a few strong blows.

“Onix, lower their defenses! Use Screech!” he directed the Rock Snake. “Then take out the Zubat with Rock Throw! And then Sneasel, I want you to let Geodude hit you first!”

The Pokemon looked back at Hugo with a “wtf are you thinking” look. Sneasel was used to being the fastest. He was less offended that Hugo asked him to take a hit than he was that Hugo asked him to attack second.

“Just trust me. After Geodude hits you, drop the house on it with Avalanche! If it hits you first, your attack will do double the damage. We can end this quickly!”
Old 06-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #543
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

And then there was one.

Crimson Sanctum

[ Balmund ]

You avert disaster by promptly throwing Stephen under the bus. He looks up at you with big, watery eyes, his sense of betrayal evident and palpable. Pepper wastes no time confirming that it is, in fact, his fault.

"Yeah, Steve sucks," she told the pouting Jimmy. Stephen looked like he had been stabbed in his tiny heart. Pepper watched expectantly as you treated the Magikarp, her arms crossed over her chest. Jimmy wipes his nose on his sleeve, both he and his cousin sharing the same moist eyes and scowling pout. James looks up from his PokeGear with only mild interest to see what you're up to. The Magikarp is slow to revive, but after some fresh water it perks right up, flopping uselessly at its trainer's feet. Jimmy gathers the fish up in his arms, hugging it tightly.

"Maggie! I'm so sorry I let him borrow you!" He laments to his worthless orange pet. "I won't ever let you out of my sight again. And you!" -- he glowers, pointing at Stephen. "I'm telling my mom what you did, and then she won't let you come to my bar mitzvah!"

He sticks his tongue out at Stephen, from whom the frustrated tears begin to flow. Jimmy ignores his cousin, offering you his hand to shake, like a polite young man should. "Thanks, lady," he says. Holding Maggie under one arm, he fishes around in his pocket, eventually producing a handful of coins, which he dumps into your palm. "That's for the medicine," he explains, although you're not sure there's even enough there to cover costs. Still, the kid seems pleased -- he'll probably portray you favorably when he's ratting out his cousin to his mom.

"Come on Maggie -- let's go play in the pool," he coos to his fish friend, as he turns and heads back across the street, to his own home. James turns his attention back to his PokeGear, the happy ending proving insufficiently entertaining to hold his attention. Pepper looks smugly satisfied, but Stephen is incensed.

"It was your idea to battle with it!" He snaps at her, his outburst causing her to jump. "And now I'm going to be in trouble and they won't let me play with Maggie anymore!"

Pepper groans and throws her hands into the air. She looks so put-upon, as if the trouble she had gotten her friend into was some great burden to her. "We'll catch you your own Pokemon," she says, trying to placate him. "The one you saw down by the creek. Then who cares about Maggie? Bel'll help," she reasoned.

Oh no. It looks like Pepper is trying to rope you into catching a Pokemon for Stephen, so that he'll quit crying. She still has Topher's Charmander, as well as most of whatever you stole from him.

Jimmy has given you $150.

What will you do?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #544
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

And then there was one.

Crimson Sanctum

[ Balmund ]

You avert disaster by promptly throwing Stephen under the bus. He looks up at you with big, watery eyes, his sense of betrayal evident and palpable. Pepper wastes no time confirming that it is, in fact, his fault.

"Yeah, Steve sucks," she told the pouting Jimmy. Stephen looked like he had been stabbed in his tiny heart. Pepper watched expectantly as you treated the Magikarp, her arms crossed over her chest. Jimmy wipes his nose on his sleeve, both he and his cousin sharing the same moist eyes and scowling pout. James looks up from his PokeGear with only mild interest to see what you're up to. The Magikarp is slow to revive, but after some fresh water it perks right up, flopping uselessly at its trainer's feet. Jimmy gathers the fish up in his arms, hugging it tightly.

"Maggie! I'm so sorry I let him borrow you!" He laments to his worthless orange pet. "I won't ever let you out of my sight again. And you!" -- he glowers, pointing at Stephen. "I'm telling my mom what you did, and then she won't let you come to my bar mitzvah!"

He sticks his tongue out at Stephen, from whom the frustrated tears begin to flow. Jimmy ignores his cousin, offering you his hand to shake, like a polite young man should. "Thanks, lady," he says. Holding Maggie under one arm, he fishes around in his pocket, eventually producing a handful of coins, which he dumps into your palm. "That's for the medicine," he explains, although you're not sure there's even enough there to cover costs. Still, the kid seems pleased -- he'll probably portray you favorably when he's ratting out his cousin to his mom.

"Come on Maggie -- let's go play in the pool," he coos to his fish friend, as he turns and heads back across the street, to his own home. James turns his attention back to his PokeGear, the happy ending proving insufficiently entertaining to hold his attention. Pepper looks smugly satisfied, but Stephen is incensed.

"It was your idea to battle with it!" He snaps at her, his outburst causing her to jump. "And now I'm going to be in trouble and they won't let me play with Maggie anymore!"

Pepper groans and throws her hands into the air. She looks so put-upon, as if the trouble she had gotten her friend into was some great burden to her. "We'll catch you your own Pokemon," she says, trying to placate him. "The one you saw down by the creek. Then who cares about Maggie? Bel'll help," she reasoned.

Oh no. It looks like Pepper is trying to rope you into catching a Pokemon for Stephen, so that he'll quit crying. She still has Topher's Charmander, as well as most of whatever you stole from him.

Jimmy has given you $150.

What will you do?

"Sure I can!" Bel grinned wide as soon as she saw the opportunity. "In fact, how about I catch you all a monster of your own, and lemme tell ya, I have an eye for particularly strong ones. You all saw what Sheena did just moments ago, didn't ya?" It was an offer that should get them all at least somewhat hyped. Of course, if they haven't learned already, there would always be a catch, and now was the perfect chance to layout the terms. "So here's how it's gonna work since I'm so nice and generous. I get you all a brand new pokemon to play with, and, in return, you kindly give me the Charmander which, by the way, I took from Topher. It's one monster for three, an unbeatable deal, and let me remind you, Topher is coming back with his angry dad for it. Trust me, you don't want to have a Charmander with you when that happens."

Bel didn't mind wasting a minimum of three pokeballs if it meant keeping her trophy, plus the effort required in hunting some pokemon down. The question now was if Pepper was willing to relinquish the fiery salamander in return. Hopefully, Bel's argument was enough for even her to understand, but in the worst case scenario... Sheena could do some extra convincing, and Bel hoped she wouldn't have to resort to that. "So, deal? You said there was one down by the creek? Let's go fetch that right now! Whatever it is, I'm sure it's way better than a Magikarp!"

::FB::WF::
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #545
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: A loud booming "Congratulations" can be heard over the loudspeaker as you enter through the correct door and close it. Colorful confetti falls over you. "You have passed the first test, and in record time too. Good job on being able intelligent enough to understand English, took my kids 2 years, can you believe that? Incidentally, these messages are pre-recorded as well, giving your brain loads of dopamine with celebrations. But seriously, confetti is expensive, so the automated vacuum should kick on any second." Sure enough the floor below you starts to have some suction taking up the small pieces of paper, it turning out to be a grate. Alucard gets forced down onto the grate's powerful suction but luckily he's too big to be pulled thorugh. Below the grate you can see a few very tiny bones, possibly meaning that some pokemon were not as lucky as your Zubat. After a few seconds, the vacuums stop, and you can focus on the tunnel in front of you.

It leads down a winding corridor, the sound of rushing water fills the otherwise deserted cavern, until you find yourself at your first destination. You come across a fork in the road, the right leads to a door, above which the words "Locked" appear on top of it. Any attempts to open it would, in fact, confirm the sign. To the left, however, it leads to a larger cavern with an underground waterfall off to your immediate left. To the far right you can see what appear to be gigantic industrial fans without any covers. The abyss in front of you leads very very very deep, one slip and it could spell disaster. Across the abyss about half of a football field's length from where you're standing is something metallic and sparkly.

When you enter the room, you apparently trigger the next message. "Welcome to your first real test. I know I know, you're very excited to get through this to prove you are the very best. Well, this one is straight forward, you just need to get that key you see hanging across the abyss. For those of you without eyes, it's that noise of something swaying back and forth. Anyways, the test is simple, get the key and get out. That's it. Okay, test start!"

The fans start to whir to life. Causing a giant suction towards them. You apparently need the key, you could attempt to shimmy the cliff siding to get to the key, but that would mean going through the waterfall width-wise, not to mention the fans might start to suck you in, or you could try something else. What will you do?
Big's face is one of slight confusion at the absurd amounts of confetti for simply walking through the door. He gasps and reaches out after Alucard as the vacuum is activated and the zubat is nearly sucked through but he lets out a sigh when the fans turn back off and they come to the next puzzle. "Well this doesn't seem too difficult, I can just fly over and-" Alucard's voice is cut off when the fans kick on and begin blowing toward the waterfall. "Hmm, well that complicates things." He continues as Big is taking in the whole thing. "Hmm, well the idea is you are supposed to go under the waterfall and your endurance is tested. The fans are to keep any flying pokemon from just going around. The problem is that no one with us is a water type suited to going through the waterfall and you and Geddy aren't strong enough fliers to get through the fans." "I resent that, if I had my full strength-" Big interupts the bat pokemon without breaking stride. "If we had a psychic pokemon we could just float it over to us..." He examines the top of the waterfall and then the fans themselves. "With a strong enough ice move, Elsa might be able to freeze the waterfall, letting us get to the key real quick. But im not sure how long that would hold or if any of us would make it through in time. No... our best bet is this." He takes the ultra ball from his side and tosses out Geddy the Tynamo. "Let's see how sturdy those fans are, Geddy start out with charge beam and then hit those fans with the biggest thunderbolt you can muster."

Old 06-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #546
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Meetan:

You realize you lack the tools for an effective stealth approach with the partners you brought along. Again, maybe the folks back at Marshall HQ should’ve helped you prepare better? The thoughts of “abandonment” and “suicide mission” have crossed your mind throughout this infiltration several times; maybe you should have a word with Larson when – if – you get back…

What you do have is a team of partners capable of thoroughly scrambling any properly-functioning mind. Zoey, your curiously-coloured Zubat, takes the lead with a modestly-powerful Supersonic, which by all accounts should not be picked up by the human ear – but when Nina and Blaze join the choir with their own renditions of the copied move, the sound level rises unbearably, further exacerbated by the natural acoustic layout of the church. In a matter of minutes, the destructive symphony reaches the congregation with devastating effect, causing them to fruitlessly cover their ear in an attempt to lessen the onslaught. And while that part goes smoothly, you realize you are not immune to the sound-based raid just because you were the one to order it – the Supersonic waves assault your own ears as well, and it’s as if needles are piercing your eardrums.

“W-what the hell is going on?!”
“D-damn it! M-make it stop!!”
“Where… where am I? Who… who the hell are you people?!”

The ceremony is interrupted, and the participants scramble about in pain and confusion. Eventually, they lock eyes with you and your team, but you aren’t exactly making a concentrated effort to remain concealed anymore: in fact, you relish the opportunity to meet their gazes with the gazes of your own companions! Zoey, Nina and Blaze’s eyes glow blue, and the pained Shells are quick to find comfort in the hypnotic stares that easily penetrate their weakened minds. In a matter of seconds, each and every Shell Executive, as well as the priest, falls to the ground fast asleep, having embraced the relief of the slumber-inducing move. Your tactic was a resounding success!

*Zoey has gained 3 Levels!*
*Nina has gained 3 Levels!*
*Blaze learned EM Feint!*

And just like that, the entire Cathedral falls silent. Unsettlingly so, now that you think about it – there’s a corpse in the middle of the church, for which you are in a way responsible, and several passed-out people lying around it, again entirely your doing. The dead bodies in Rigel’s chamber, Anderson… you sure have left quite a trail of devastation in your wake, and thinking about it in this massive, cold stone place pf worship somehow makes it even more harrowing.

Still, the only way to move is forward, and you know exactly where you’re headed. Axel’s attention is turned exclusively to the pipe organ, as per Anderson’s instructions, but he seems stumped. He mentally scans the entire structure to no avail, then begins randomly pressing each key with telekinesis, breaking the silence and unintentionally producing the most terrifying melody you’ve ever heard. Even then, he comes up with no answers regarding a code, and so he does the last thing he can think of: again using telekinesis, he forcibly moves the entire organ to the side… revealing a large metal door behind it!

You approach the door and find it is, unsurprisingly, locked. There’s a screen next to it displaying a full alphanumerical keyboard, and a single line of text above it, which reads:

PASSWORD: _ _ _ _ _ _

You could always have Hermes phase through the door, but what good would that do? He couldn’t grab and bring something back along with it, and the door is much too heavy to be forced open. It seems you have no choice but to input the code that the Quartermaster talked about earlier…

You said it yourself – you’re on a timer. So now what?!

TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning Lv 2 in effect

Despite the inhospitable conditions you’ve had to endure so far, the effects of the radiation seem to have waned somewhat, enabling you to continue - if only for a little while longer. The nausea persists, but you feel some strength returning to you, enough to make your way towards the Z-Crystal and grab it!

*You found a Poisonium-Z!

Muk turns to you, visibly angry, as if you’ve just taken away its most prized possession – or, perhaps more accurately, its reason for existing, as you can tell the creature has shrunk even further while shadows escape its body. It now stands only slightly taller than Iron Maiden, but doesn’t seem any more concerned by it. So much so, in fact, that when Honedge lunges itself at Muk for an Iron Head, Muk easily grabs it and Flings it as hard as possible against the wall of rubble where the Z-Crystal fell from!

Rocks fly everywhere, and a large pile of boulders come crashing down on Honedge, crushing it beneath the weight. And as a result of the impact and the subsequent cave-in, Honedge has fainted… But not everything is bad news: as a result of the small landslide, the wall behind the rubble becomes exposed! A mere glance at it, even while you struggle to focus, explains the spot of colour you saw just earlier:

There is a massive circular diagram on the wall, with numbers carved into each section on the stone, and small indentations spread around with tiny rocks of various colours inserted into each one: on closer inspection, you realize the coloured pebbles are actually identical to the twenty-sided red one you found earlier… Is this a puzzle of some sort? And why here, of all places? It would have made some sense if it had been put here to keep people away from the Poisonium-Z, but the Crystal was completely exposed while the diagram was concealed… Is there more to this cave then meets the eye?

You quickly realize, however, that dwelling on these questions will have to wait, because the Muk seems to grow even more violent now that the wall has been exposed. Iron Maiden erupts from the ground directly beneath it, putting into full effect the unique attack you taught it; spinning madly, it pierces through the gelatinous darkness and lands safely behind the impaled foe! However, before you can claim victory, the shadows once again coalesce and Muk is reborn, although not without lingering injuries, judging by its pained expression…

It belches out a vicious Acid Spray that begins to corrode Iron Maiden’s natural armour, and you can tell the fight is not over yet… You have to put Muk away for good before you can do anything else!

Last edited by Maskerade; 06-29-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #547
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan:

You realize you lack the tools for an effective stealth approach with the partners you brought along. Again, maybe the folks back at Marshall HQ should’ve helped you prepare better? The thoughts of “abandonment” and “suicide mission” have crossed your mind throughout this infiltration several times; maybe you should have a word with Larson when – if – you get back…

What you do have is a team of partners capable of thoroughly scrambling any properly-functioning mind. Zoey, your curiously-coloured Zubat, takes the lead with a modestly-powerful Supersonic, which by all accounts should not be picked up by the human ear – but when Nina and Blaze join the choir with their own renditions of the copied move, the sound level rises unbearably, further exacerbated by the natural acoustic layout of the church. In a matter of minutes, the destructive symphony reaches the congregation with devastating effect, causing them to fruitlessly cover their ear in an attempt to lessen the onslaught. And while that part goes smoothly, you realize you are not immune to the sound-based raid just because you were the one to order it – the Supersonic waves assault your own ears as well, and it’s as if needles are piercing your eardrums.

“W-what the hell is going on?!”
“D-damn it! M-make it stop!!”
“Where… where am I? Who… who the hell are you people?!”

The ceremony is interrupted, and the participants scramble about in pain and confusion. Eventually, they lock eyes with you and your team, but you aren’t exactly making a concentrated effort to remain concealed anymore: in fact, you relish the opportunity to meet their gazes with the gazes of your own companions! Zoey, Nina and Blaze’s eyes glow blue, and the pained Shells are quick to find comfort in the hypnotic stares that easily penetrate their weakened minds. In a matter of seconds, each and every Shell Executive, as well as the priest, falls to the ground fast asleep, having embraced the relief of the slumber-inducing move. Your tactic was a resounding success!

*Zoey has gained 3 Levels!*
*Nina has gained 3 Levels!*
*Blaze learned EM Feint!*

And just like that, the entire Cathedral falls silent. Unsettlingly so, now that you think about it – there’s a corpse in the middle of the church, for which you are in a way responsible, and several passed-out people lying around it, again entirely your doing. The dead bodies in Rigel’s chamber, Anderson… you sure have left quite a trail of devastation in your wake, and thinking about it in this massive, cold stone place pf worship somehow makes it even more harrowing.

Still, the only way to move is forward, and you know exactly where you’re headed. Axel’s attention is turned exclusively to the pipe organ, as per Anderson’s instructions, but he seems stumped. He mentally scans the entire structure to no avail, then begins randomly pressing each key with telekinesis, breaking the silence and unintentionally producing the most terrifying melody you’ve ever heard. Even then, he comes up with no answers regarding a code, and so he does the last thing he can think of: again using telekinesis, he forcibly moves the entire organ to the side… revealing a large metal door behind it!

You approach the door and find it is, unsurprisingly, locked. There’s a screen next to it displaying a full alphanumerical keyboard, and a single line of text above it, which reads:

PASSWORD: _ _ _ _ _ _

You could always have Hermes phase through the door, but what good would that do? He couldn’t grab and bring something back along with it, and the door is much too heavy to be forced open. It seems you have no choice but to input the code that the Quartermaster talked about earlier…

You said it yourself – you’re on a timer. So now what?!
Alice had to jam her hands over her ears, whimpering as she curled in on herself, although taking on such a position made no difference to her. She was just glad when the battle was swiftly over and the noise came to an end, although her ears were still ringing from it. It had her balance affected, and Blaze came back to escort his trainer up to where she needed to be at the instrument.

"Wow, Axel. You play better than me." Alice remarked, a bit louder than she needed to. The chilling melody really didn't help between the harrowing day she'd had and how eerie the otherwise silent church was. The organ made way for the door beneath it, which Alice clearly couldn't open. Hermes would be useless here even if he could go and look, and as much as the young woman wracked her brain, she couldn't think of a password. Fuck.

"... I bet one of these guys know. Axel, go through their minds, look for that password." Alice prompted him. "Blaze, use your agility, go through this church and find somewhere we can lock these guys up so they don't compromise us when they wake up." Alice turned her attention to the sleeping criminals as well, deciding to rifle through their pockets. If any of them had a device to communicate with, she'd swipe one and have Zoey destroy the rest, just to be on the safe side - and take anything else good, too. They'd do the same to her, and quite frankly, her moral code had been ruined enough today. Alice probably couldn't make it much worse. Probably.

Unless taking the Poke Balls from their belts and stashing them somewhere out the way counted, in which case, yes she could. But those Pokemon could probably break them out of any lock up, and that'd be problematic, so Alice felt it was justified. "If you can't find a code, help Blaze move these people once we're done with them, push the organ back into place and teleport us through to the other side. We don't have time to mess around."
Old 06-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #548
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning Lv 2 in effect

Despite the inhospitable conditions you’ve had to endure so far, the effects of the radiation seem to have waned somewhat, enabling you to continue - if only for a little while longer. The nausea persists, but you feel some strength returning to you, enough to make your way towards the Z-Crystal and grab it!

*You found a Poisonium-Z!

Muk turns to you, visibly angry, as if you’ve just taken away its most prized possession – or, perhaps more accurately, its reason for existing, as you can tell the creature has shrunk even further while shadows escape its body. It now stands only slightly taller than Iron Maiden, but doesn’t seem any more concerned by it. So much so, in fact, that when Honedge lunges itself at Muk for an Iron Head, Muk easily grabs it and Flings it as hard as possible against the wall of rubble where the Z-Crystal fell from!

Rocks fly everywhere, and a large pile of boulders come crashing down on Honedge, crushing it beneath the weight. And as a result of the impact and the subsequent cave-in, Honedge has fainted… But not everything is bad news: as a result of the small landslide, the wall behind the rubble becomes exposed! A mere glance at it, even while you struggle to focus, explains the spot of colour you saw just earlier:

There is a massive circular diagram on the wall, with numbers carved into each section on the stone, and small indentations spread around with tiny rocks of various colours inserted into each one: on closer inspection, you realize the coloured pebbles are actually identical to the twenty-sided red one you found earlier… Is this a puzzle of some sort? And why here, of all places? It would have made some sense if it had been put here to keep people away from the Poisonium-Z, but the Crystal was completely exposed while the diagram was concealed… Is there more to this cave then meets the eye?

You quickly realize, however, that dwelling on these questions will have to wait, because the Muk seems to grow even more violent now that the wall has been exposed. Iron Maiden erupts from the ground directly beneath it, putting into full effect the unique attack you taught it; spinning madly, it pierces through the gelatinous darkness and lands safely behind the impaled foe! However, before you can claim victory, the shadows once again coalesce and Muk is reborn, although not without lingering injuries, judging by its pained expression…

It belches out a vicious Acid Spray that begins to corrode Iron Maiden’s natural armour, and you can tell the fight is not over yet… You have to put Muk away for good before you can do anything else!
Just as Jayson thought they had things handled, everything got worse. The Muk was infuriated, seems it didn't like that Jayson had claimed the Poisonium Z. It lashed out at Honedge, slamming it into the rubble, KOing the possessed blade but clearing the rubble in the process. Jayson could now clearly see the purpose of the red stone he'd found, it appeared to belong with others of its kind, in some sort of puzzle. There we other stones and numbers as well, an empty spot seemed the obvious home for the red stone. While the Muk drenched Iron Maiden in a spray of acid that seemed to effect her despite her steel plating, Jayson made a mad dash for the puzzle. Clutching Honedge's Pokeball in one hand and the red stone in the other, Jayson recalled the Ghost type and went to place the red stone in the one blank space.

"Iron Maiden, you have to keep fighting!" Jayson has sure the Muk wouldn't be able to handle much more, the question was whether Iron Maiden would be able to last long enough. "Hit it with a Rock Climb to try and stun it, then finish it off with a Dig!"

Jayson had no idea why there would be such an elaborate puzzle in a place like this. Was it here just to conceal the Poisonium Z Crystal? Or perhaps there was another hidden secret that they had yet to uncover. Either way, they had to hurry up and get out of here, there was no way of knowing the long term effects of all this radiation exposure.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #549
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
((My sincere apologies for the wait - hoping to be more punctual in the future.))

Ex-Admiral Insane – After taking in the sight before them, with all of its strange, gory details, the two had to agree - everything about this setup reeks of a trap, and Rags was not about to let his trainer walk right into it. Even so, the Pokeball close to the body's outstretched hand suggested there could be a creature in need of help, and neither Rags nor Lucas could turn their backs on that possibility – even if Lucas hides this concern behind a the veil of a callous thief. First thing's first, though – they needed to make sure that the woman on the floor was not still living.

As they close in on the figure, Rags unleashes his Wide Guard to protect himself and his trainer from any traps that may be awaiting them. The sickly-sweet, coppery smell becomes stronger as they approach. The blood on the floor has clearly darkened, become sticky. Gently, carefully turning the figure over, they see the face of the woman, roughly in her early twenties, frozen in shock. Her brown hair tumbles limply as she turns over, the tips caked in blood. The ghastly laceration on her neck is clearly fatally deep – if it were caused by a Pokemon, it would have to be one capable of wielding blades or blade-like appendages. There are no visible signs of decay, or indications of bloating; however, the lack of pulse, absence of breath and beginning signs of livor mortis in the extremities lead to the inevitable, morbid conclusion that they are absolutely dealing with a corpse. Her corpse suggests some kind of strange uniform, but not one immediately recognized...

The sound of crackling shocks Lucas and Rags, sending the latter immediately on the defensive, ready to False Swipe the cause of the noise... shortly after, a static-laden male voice bursts through the silence:

“Adrie? Adrie, it's Sid! I'm hearing something on your end – are you and Vivi okay? We haven't heard from either of you in hours. Please, answer!”

On closer inspection, the corpse has an Xtranceiver attached to her wrist. The caller is requesting video feed.

Will you answer the call, or take the Pokeball and run?
((My sincere apologies for the wait - hoping to be more punctual in the future.))

Lucas gently approached the prostate figure, Rgas close beside him and issuing a Wide Guard for protection. Their steps turned from silence to a gag-inducing squish where the blood had soaked but not yet dried. A nervous sensation ran down the trainers spine as he turned over the body – the corpse, to be more precise.

A woman, young, someone in her twenties. He wouldn’t have dared guess higher than that if she were alive. His eyes trace the lining of her neck once more, not even realising he was secretly hoping to find some sort of proof that the wound wasn’t fatal. Alas.

Lucas held his hand against his mouth as he tried to supress his gag reflex. He pushed himself away from the corpse, flopping a bit in the blood and splashing his back with the sanguine drops.

“Gal?” (Are you alright)

“I’m fine,” he barely managed to hold his vomit in.

Rags continued inspecting the body, having a stronger constitution than his trainer, though the tingling sensation of his trainer’s anxiousness crossed into his mind through his psychic link. That same psychic link worked the other way, and soon Lucas managed to hold himself together again.

“Gal,” the Gallade indicated at the body.

“Yeah, I saw,” Lucas nodded. The wound in the neck was deep and had to be of something sharp – like a sword or a knife.

“Gallade.”

“Right, or a Pokémon. But I don’t know many Pokémon that are this aggressive, and there are very few that could do this.”

“Gall,” he disagreed. There are quite a few Pokémon with sharp claws and such, the Gallade explained, but this Pokémon in all likelihood carried blades on its appendages.

“Blades?” Lucas asked, eyeing his Pokémon up and down. “Blades like that of a Gallade?”

Rags shot up defensively and stared down his trainer. Gallade’s tended to have a moral sense of duty and often went out of their way to protect the weak, not oppress them. The Gallade spewed out his defence rapidly, strangely insulted at the idea a Gallade could have done this. Gallade’s are gallant swordmasters and experts of courtesy. Knights of the modern era.

“Yes, I know,” the trainer responded non-plussed. “But wat if, what IF, this was a Pokémon who was oppressing the weak. A Pokémon you’d usually have to protect the weak from.”

A burst of light erupted from his belt and the Lucario gave a yawn as he woke from his slumber, agitated by the commotion going on.

“Car!” (Yeah Rags, what IF!), purposefully trying to incite something. A vein throbbed in the Gallade’s forehead.

“GAL!” the Gallade raised an arm ready. Not to fight, but prepared to at least tap his ally on the head. The Lucario followed suit with an equal threatening tone of ‘CAR!’.

“Knock it off both of you. I’m not interested in another dispute. Not right now at least. Did either of you notice the clothing?” The question fell on deaf ears as the two noble fighters kept their eyes locked and their ears closed. “These clothes…” Lucas continued in a hushed tone to himself. “I think…”

The sound of cackling shocked the group alive. Both Rags and Scraps turned around to face their surroundings, the Gallade glowing his blades with a False Swipe and the Lucario summoning a Bone Rush.

“Adrie? Adrie, it's Sid!” a male voice erupted onto the scene but with no apparent mouthpiece.

’The noise,’ Lucas thought. “It’s coming from the corpse,” he whispered. His Pokémon powered down and traced their trainer’s line of sight. Lucas gently started searching over the body to find the source.

“I'm hearing something on your end,” the static voice continued.

“Great going you two,” Lucas sneered in hushed tones at his Pokémon.

“Are you and Vivi okay? We haven't heard from either of you in hours. Please, answer!”

’Vivi?’ That’s probably the Pokémon inside the Pokéball Lucas thought.

“Gal,” Rags agreed. Scraps merely folded his arms in a harrumph at being kept out of the mental connection. Grown-up or not, he was still a tad too immature to fully take advantage of his aura capabilities and communion with others through it. Lucas finally found the source of the noise – an Xtranceiver.

“I haven’t seen these in a while.”

“Gall, gallade?” (What are you going to do?)

“Luuu.” (..tell..em..ourse…he..)

“Gallade, lade, lade.” (They might also be dangerous. They’re not supposed to be here and for all we know they’re related to whatever sliced this woman’s throat.)

“Luuu!”[I](S..yo..un?)

“Gal, gall-.” (No, but-)

“Enough, both of you,” their trainer became annoyed. “I swear, sometimes I think you to disagree simply because you can.” He had made his mind up and felt it best to inform the woman’s partners as soon as possible. They wanted video feed though.

“Gall.” (That might be a bad idea.)

“Luuu?” (Alw…istrus…ers?)

“Stop it,” he slightly threatened his own Pokémon. He had decided. He was going to answer the video call, tell them up straight that their ally has been attacked. Wait for them to respond with questions before delivering the blow that the woman is likely dead. After that, inquire about the Pokéball and what he can do to help. They’ll probably want this ‘Vivi’ back to keep her safe.

Lucas pressed the button to answer the call.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 07-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #550
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- You continue up the path, which continues to get steeper as you travel up through the cloudline. Visibility is limited for a time as you find yourself having to look closely at your feet to ensure you find the steps. The cloud eventually clears as you reach the summit, a large granite arena spreads out in front of you, steps on the far side lead up into a small cave. A pair of well dressed trainers make their way down the steps, hand in hand. The woman wears a long flowing gown of royal purple, while the man is clad in a tailored white suit.

"Congratulations for making it to the final challenge", the pair speak in perfect unison. "The mystery of Mega Evolution awaits you, but first you must prove yourself one more time." With a click of their fingers the two seem to magically summon a pair of Pokemon to the battlefield. A Gardevoir and Gallade appear with a flash, teleporting in from a nearby location. Both trainers and Pokemon raise their left hands, each one wears a ring holding a stone. By this point your more than familiar with what is going on, as the stones erupt with energy, the bond between trainer and Pokemon causing the Pokemon to take on a new, stronger form. The Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade began to give off a tonne of Psychic energy, you find yourself developing a headache.

"You're final test will be a double battle. Succeed and you will have the opportunity to learn the secrets of Mega Evolution from our master."
As he made his way further up the mountain, Gary gradually began to pass through the cloud line, obscuring visibility. Gary wasn’t too bothered by this however, having long been used to the terrain of Mt. Zephyria in the Cloud Garden where he now called home. He had lost track of how many times he had trekked through the halo of clouds that encircled that mountain, which was arguably much denser than the one here. Eventually Gary passed through the wispy shroud and reached the summit. Before him stood a large stone arena, another aspect that was strangely familiar to his home in the Cloud Garden. This arena looked a little more modern, so maybe it was an attempt to imitate or replicate the mysterious ancient structure on Mt. Zephyria.

To the side of the arena was a small cave, which produced a pair of trainers that seemed aware of his presence pretty quickly. They were dressed in extravagant clothes and greeted Gary, presenting him with their final challenge before he would be able to meet with the Mega Evolution Master. Gary sighed in relief a little, thankful that he wouldn’t have to go through too many more battles, but as they announced that this would be a double battle, Gary knew that these trainers were not to be taken lightly. They probably had years of experience battling alongside one another, so he would need to be on his game.

The unnamed trainers sent out their Gardevoir and Gallade, two Pokemon Gary had long admired for their elegance in battle and knew right away that these Pokemon would be major threats when used alongside one another in battle. Gary was in awe as both psychic types transformed into their mega forms, their elegance taken to a whole new level. If he was going to want to beat this pair, there would have to be no holding back. Gary clutched a Luxury Ball and a Fire Ball as he contemplated which Pokemon would pair up well against these opponents. “Let’s do this, Ramoth, Typhu,” Gary said as he tossed the two balls underhanded.

As the two pokeballs popped open, a tall Charizard with a vibrant golden sheen appeared and stretched out her wings. To her left, a battle-tested looking Typhlosion calmly stood upright and analyzed his opponents. Gary walked up to the pair as they prepared themselves for battle. He took his Typhlosion’s prized scarf and replaced it with a Firium Z-Crystal. “We’re going to need your maximum firepower for this one, if you get what I mean,” Gary said with a smile.

“Alright, let’s get this started,” Gary called out to his Pokemon as he was ready to issue his strategy. “Ramoth, start things off by hiding Typhu inside a Smokescreen. As she does that, Typhu set up a Sunny Day. Once the sun is out, Ramoth take to the skies and turn up the temperature with a Solar Powered Heat Wave to draw their attention while Typhu blasts them with an Eruption! Typhu, after that keep them off their feet with an Earthquake while Ramoth sets up a Tailwind.” The two Pokemon quietly nodded and stared down their foes, ready to go.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records