UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #1101
deoxys
Fog Badge

Gamzee: "been getting pretty nasty between us. all experiencing the shit out of the dark miracle called hatebliss."

I think he killed her. Terezi doesn't want anyone to know. So she's covering her eyes up on purpose. Obviously there are costume changes, which is fine and I hope is the case, but I can't help but think that hood is going to come off by the time they reach the session, and it's going to show that she has white eyes.

Spoiler: show
And then comes Lord English who wipes her and all of the Beforan trolls with his rainbow blast in what will be an incredibly tragic flash that I will probably ball my eyes out to.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #1102
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I like that theory. Makes sense. We haven't seen Terezi's eyes, she's been really solemn and with her mind powers, she might know whats coming for her and everyone else. It also quells my "no, this is an impossible pairing" rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post

btw it really isn't all that out of left field if you think about it? i mean terezi had black feelings for gamzee way back when in [S] 5x Showdown Combo

plus them hating each other makes sense i just

reAD THOSE FICS OKAY

I'll have to rewatch that video and come up with my own conclusions. I tend to avoid reading into things that aren't actually there like other shippers do. Also, I won't read those fanfics. I don't care what official artist wrote/drew them. If Hussie was inspired by them, good for him, but I don't read fanfics just so I can have reassurance that someone elses "headcanon" *vomit* matches my own. Actually, I don't read fanfics, period. I'd also like to think that Hussie isn't influenced by the stories of others and has his own story in mind throughout. If he wants to throw someone a bone by including some kind of reference, that's cool for them, but it doesn't suddenly make a whole unalluded to story canon.

Rewatched: Nope, still refuse this idea of "black feelings"=love. Yeah, her feelings were black because she probably had an idea of what Gamzee had just done, same as Kanaya. The last person she had Spaded black feelings for was Vriska and she wasn't in love with her, she had her ass blown up. This is why I like Terezi, or liked Terezi so far. When she's Spade Black, she just plain legit hates someone without the stupid hate-love confusion that is thrown in like Eridan, Vriska, and Karkat have done. When she likes someone, she just plain likes them. Yeah, she's gone ashen or flushed for others, but she doesn't, or hasn't to my knowledge, made things stupidly ambiguous as shippers like to believe so they can divine something that isn't there. I also can't believe that Gamzee has become sane enough to woo anyone, regardless of whatever they subscribe to in the quadrants. He's a murder crazy desciple of Lord English. Would Terezi, with her capabilities of the mind really miss something like that just so she can have some kind of tawdry romance? I really, really don't think so. That's the difference between me and a lot of the fandom. I take things at face value and just consider the facts that have been given to me. This is why I like deoxys' theory and hope that it is true. No muddled quadrant feelings, just classic Terezi going through a terrible and tragic time. If you like to think your favorite pairing is true, have fun man, do whatever it is shippers like to do when they think things are coming up on their end, just don't try to get others to subscribe to your newsletter.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Kori Gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #1103
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

BORKED

You guys need to watch this. Not really spoilers but damn it's good.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1104
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I've been following this girl since she released the first handful of gifs and she is a super amazing artist.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #1105
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori Gotcha View Post
I like that theory. Makes sense. We haven't seen Terezi's eyes, she's been really solemn and with her mind powers, she might know whats coming for her and everyone else. It also quells my "no, this is an impossible pairing" rage.

I'll have to rewatch that video and come up with my own conclusions. I tend to avoid reading into things that aren't actually there like other shippers do. Also, I won't read those fanfics. I don't care what official artist wrote/drew them. If Hussie was inspired by them, good for him, but I don't read fanfics just so I can have reassurance that someone elses "headcanon" *vomit* matches my own. Actually, I don't read fanfics, period. I'd also like to think that Hussie isn't influenced by the stories of others and has his own story in mind throughout. If he wants to throw someone a bone by including some kind of reference, that's cool for them, but it doesn't suddenly make a whole unalluded to story canon.

Rewatched: Nope, still refuse this idea of "black feelings"=love.
uhhh whoa there you're being really condescending? was it really totally necessary to put *vomit* after headcanon? really? also it's pretty fuckin rude to say "i don't read into things that aren't there like other shippers do" i mean. really

i won't try to make you ship gamrezi because that's awful and my last post was pretty awful but please don't call it a "tawdry romance" and insult all of its shippers just because you can't see it?

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #1106
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I don't think it's rude because that is exactly what shippers do. They take a moments look that lasted about 2 seconds too long and stretch it into a romantic subplot, they take worry and compassion for another as a signal to begin writing/drawing pages and pages of bedtime cuddle stories, they turn something as simple as friendship or respect for another into a twisted love plot for the sake of their own jollies. It's what shippers do. Saying that what I said was rude is like saying it's rude to say that birds fly.

Also, I don't think I was out of line or insulting people for saying that a Gamzee/Terezi romance was tawdry. For the reasons that I said actually, it would be tawdry if Terezi was actively being blind to 1)the shit that Gamzee has done, 2) the way Gamzee has acted, 3) the shit that Gamzee will do just for a few moments of thrill or whatever. Willful ignorance in the pursuit of carnal pleasure is nothing short of tasteless in my view. I also don't think that at this point, Gamzee is capable of any kind of romantic feelings, red or black.

It also makes no sense from an as seen in comics view. If someone's fanfiction drew make believe lines to tie the two together, then that's someone else's make believe lines and not information that has been given. As seen in the comics, Gamzee and Terezi have had no chemistry, no history, and nothing in common, and that was in his drunk state. I don't see how lines could be drawn in his current, crazy ass sober state, especially when all that we've been given were the words of an untrustworthy murder-juggalo who is actively working behind the scenes to screw everything up for all of the players involved. In short, I can't see what was never there to begin with thus I must reject it.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #1107
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

BORKED

Wow, this is actually relevant!

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #1108
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I don't think I was being a dick about it. I don't support this idea of a Gamzee/Terezi ship and I explained my reasons why. Explaining =/= being a dick. Not all the time anyway. I guess though my point is hard to write without sounding mean about it when I've made a point of saying I don't like fanfiction or shipping and I'm up against tumblr-speak.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-24-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #1109
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I think you were being a little rude and a little overly defensive about it. If you don't like it, that's fine, but honestly this isn't the place for shipwars.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #1110
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Last thing I would want is a ship war. Don't need even more dumb stuff to be against. Again though, I wasn't being any of those things. Copygoo told me to go read his/her fanfics so I can be on board with his/her pairing, I said no and explained my opposition. Yes, I was being defensive, but one has to defend their opinions on matters, or why else even have an opinion if your not allowed to back it up when challenged? I'm willing to leave the matter alone here if others will as well, though I would like Copygoo to give me a convincing argument of why I should be on board and not use examples from fanfiction/fanart, but solid facts and examples from the comic itself.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-24-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #1111
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I feel like you're still making a lot of sweeping generalizations about shippers and shipping and whatnot.

All I'm saying is just please don't be dismissive of a whole group of people just because you don't subscribe to what they like. I feel like you're also coming at it from a totally different perspective from Copy. He has his reasons and you have yours, but you seem really quick to dismiss his.

He's coming at this from a "they go good together from a shipping perspective" while you're coming at this from a "it does not work the story" perspective. Both are valid and both have their strengths and weaknesses. If you feel like his reasons aren't convincing enough, that's fine, but he's not wrong in his interpretation either.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #1112
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori Gotcha View Post
though I would like Copygoo to give me a convincing argument of why I should be on board and not use examples from fanfiction/fanart, but solid facts and examples from the comic itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me like two hours ago???
i won't try to make you ship gamrezi because that's awful and my last post was pretty awful

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #1113
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I feel like you're still making a lot of sweeping generalizations about shippers and shipping and whatnot.

All I'm saying is just please don't be dismissive of a whole group of people just because you don't subscribe to what they like. I feel like you're also coming at it from a totally different perspective from Copy. He has his reasons and you have yours, but you seem really quick to dismiss his.

He's coming at this from a "they go good together from a shipping perspective" while you're coming at this from a "it does not work the story" perspective. Both are valid and both have their strengths and weaknesses. If you feel like his reasons aren't convincing enough, that's fine, but he's not wrong in his interpretation either.
I'd like to know where I was wrong about shippers. Firefighters fight fire, police catch criminals, doctors heal, shippers take insignificant moments and then faf about it. Is there a nuance that I missed because I feel like I got all of it.

I don't know man. That's sort of like saying a guy that screams that the sky is green is as right as the guy telling him, no, it's in fact blue because someone else doesn't like fighting when the guy saying blue is right, so very right, because of things like science. The perspective that I'm coming from are the given facts, draw from the lines that are visibly there. The lines I don't see are the ones that were never written by Hussie, thus these lines do not exist. Copygoo, I'm not saying I want you to tell me that Gamzee/Terezi ship is good, I just want to see where in the comic one could get that from, other than 1 moment in 5x combo and the last game cause both are weak at best, but if that's where it'll be left at, alright.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #1114
Lady Kuno

After all that drama the last few days and today I don't need this crap right now. Not in the HS thread. Let's all be happy and get along or I swear to god I'll do something I'll regret.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #1115
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I think you might be overreacting man. Calm down, besides, there are updates.

Spoiler: show
aww, Rose missed her date with Kanaya. I loved how she kept denying that it was a date. I also love her prom dress. Hope this doesn't spoil anything or lead to stupid drama but I feel like Kanaya is acting pretty practical about it.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #1116
Lady Kuno

On this date, October 25, in the Homestuck Fandom

2011: A hugely anticipated MSPA update caused hundreds of thousands of fans to be on the edge of their seats spamming F5 on their keyboards. Hussie had aniticpated a huge flow to happen today, so he talked with the head of Newgrounds to attempt to host the animation on a server that could better handle the load.

Newgrounds crashed within 10 minutes of the update.

Hussie eventually uploaded the source files onto MegaUpload, but the fervent fans overloaded their servers too!

It was a beautiful and painful day to be a Homestuck.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #1117
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wait, what? Megaupload is back?

Also, how come you guys crashed Newgrounds today within ten minutes but previous updates haven't resulted in you guys crashing Hussie's presumably much less robust server? I thought you guys all read the newest update hungrily within like 24 hours of it being up. Why is it only now that we see for the first time you guys all converging at the same time (accurate to within ten minutes) and crashing servers? Just curious.

Either way, well done? ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #1118
Lady Kuno

Today is the one year anniversary of it. It was also the first update I got to see since I started reading.

What happened was Homestuck was on a 3~ month break, waiting for this update while it was being made. It was going to be an exceptionally large flash movie, which is why it took so long, concluding Act 5. So it's like the huge season finale where everything is explained and finally resolved. He told people it'd come out on this day last year, so they'd be ready for it.

The thing is, the flash was very large. Larger than anyone anticipated. It ended up becoming a 13 minute flash movie, 50 MB in size. He couldn't host it on his own site or it'd result in astronomical server fees. He got Newgrounds to agree to host it, but they exploded nearly instantly. The same with Megaupload. Although they came back quicker.

For a few days, it was hosted on Newgrounds/Megaupload only. To this day, it still has a little "Hosted on Newgrounds" logo on that page.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #1119
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
It was also the first update I got to see since I started reading.
You lost me here. I can't even begin to count the number of times you have "New update! New update! "'d with Copy or with pengy on Skype. Maybe this is a terminology thing and those weren't "updates" but something else. But what the hell do you call developments in the story if not updates!? ^^;
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #1120
Lady Kuno

You misunderstand. I started reading late August/Early September. At that time, I eventually got to the end. This was the first update I got to see since it was on hiatus during that time.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #1121
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
You misunderstand. I started reading late August/Early September. At that time, I eventually got to the end. This was the first update I got to see since it was on hiatus during that time.
Again, you've completely lost me. You started reading this last September. You have discussed how you have replayed/re-read acts before. But all summer long you, Copy, and Pengy were like "OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD! " about various updates. Spoiler updates 'cause you'd get angry at them for talking about it before you had a chance to read them for yourself. But now you're telling me that there hasn't been one single update in over a year. What, then, have you guys been "OMG this new thing!"ing over? 'Cause it's clearly been over new things, not old things. =\
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #1122
Lady Kuno

Wait.. what?

This flash video came out last year. 10/25/2011. When I started reading it, it was my first update I saw.

Since then there have been many more updates.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #1123
Talon87
時の彼方へ

OHHHHHHHHHH. Confusion cleared up. I thought you were saying that this just happened this year, in 2012. I must've misread.

So he only managed one solitary 13-minute update between Oct 2010 and Oct 2011? Writer's block? RL issues? 'Cause clearly he's on an update roll now. Seems like you guys are discussing new stuff every few weeks.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #1124
Lady Kuno

I think he started it in August or so.

And I'd say one guy producing a 13+ minute flash video takes a bit of work. That's like.. more than half of an episode of a TV show. Except there's constantly stuff happening.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #1125
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I can't believe it's been a year since Cascade. That's pretty nuts.

Talon, your really not understanding. I don't know what Holy Emperor's personal experience is but on top of Hussie just plain taking a bit of a break after he was done going to conventions, Hussie began work on Cascade, the flash that broke Newgrounds and ended Act 5, in late August/early September. It was released on this day a year ago and after maybe a week, updates continued. Go to the site and check on the dates of the updates in the archives. You might not like to look at the comic but if you want your facts straight, that's where you would go.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 10-25-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment