UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Debate

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #1476
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Not presidential, but a fine upstanding Republican man (and one with ties- very minor, I admit- to Romney) in my own home state shares his noble views and eloquent speech.

BORKED
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #1477
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew
Mass media investigates everyone but the progressive democrats for any little dirt they can dig up. Strange I've never heard much in the way of criticism of Obama or Clinton, but volumes of vitriol on Republicans.
...You've never heard any criticisms about Obama? What rock are you living under? Every single presidential candidate in the modern era gets blasted with loads of criticism every single day. All the political ads can tell you that. Also, I remember you talking about a film that was against Obama a while ago, showing that he was anti-imperialist, IIRC. Considering a whole movie was made blasting him, I'd call that criticism.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #1478
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
The sad fact is unownmew, is that you did the exact same thing to us multiple times when we tried to have a discussion with you. That is what pushed Talon and Deoxys away from here. Any evidence we brought up, and oh boy, did we bring it up, you IMMEDIATELY pushed off as Democratic propaganda and frauds, but if we ever tried to do the same to you, you cried and whined about how we were such horrible people. Then, the multiple times where you have said tht what you believe in is Truth, and that nothing was going to sway you in anyway from the truth.

You never came here to debate. You came here to preach.

And you try to discredit Obama at every turn, while glorifying Romney at the same time. You have NEVER said one good thing about Obama or ONE bad thing about Romney. Never. Do what you preach.

The reason Republicans get the rap is because they are Chrisitians and they hide everything for years. Democrats are known to have a more lax view of morals, while Republicans are all "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE." The amount of Christian fanaticism and non-tolerance towards other religions is shocking unownmew. But you will never admit that about your heroes, huh?

And lolol at the last two things you posted. Republicans are blocking the government from working because "WE HATE OBAMA WITH ALL OUR MIGHT AND WE HATE DEMOCRATS FOR ABORTION AND BIRTH CONTROL" and the list goes on and on. Democrats are trying for peace, Republicans for war. Democrats trying for the poor to rise, Republicans for the rich to get wealthier and invest off-shore. Republicans are far from civil. FAR from it.

This is the end of any serious debate you will get from me. you only proved my points.

*blocked*
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #1479
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Because it's only republicans that get this sort of mass treatment in the media. You never see this sort of widespread blind hate and mischaracterization of Democrats, because we republicans are the far more civil of society. We are not consumed with a desperate hatred of Democrats, like they are of us.
Yeah, but as Kush has said previously, British media is predominately right-wing. It's just that Bush was so bloody gaffe-prone that most satire shows couldn't help but mock him, and I get the feeling Romney would follow suit (hell, he already has in some shows). Whereas I've not seen much for Obama because I'm pretty sure most of the British public like him.

Prime Ministers from both of our major parties have been similarly satirised. It's just a case of public image, and Obama's put up a better one over here than Bush did previously.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #1480
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Since when are lax morals a good thing?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #1481
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Since when are lax morals a good thing?
Lax compared to Republicans and Christians. Like with regards to birth control and homosexuality.

Which is only a good thing.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #1482
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

So you're implying that homosexuality and birth control are immoral?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #1483
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
So you're implying that homosexuality and birth control are immoral?
*facepalm*

No, but Republicans and Christians do.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #1484
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I just sounded like you were equivocating lax morals with homosexuality and birth control. I just thought it was interesting that you might see those as immoral.

I don't really get why you're so up in arms about this. Republicans and Democrats both have the right to vote the way they want, based on their moral systems. Neither candidate will really do anything different than the other one would.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #1485
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
...You've never heard any criticisms about Obama? What rock are you living under? Every single presidential candidate in the modern era gets blasted with loads of criticism every single day. All the political ads can tell you that. Also, I remember you talking about a film that was against Obama a while ago, showing that he was anti-imperialist, IIRC. Considering a whole movie was made blasting him, I'd call that criticism.
I said "I've never heard much," meaning, there is some, but far less. I was also referring to criticisms from the mass media, which I define as all TV news channels but Fox News.

Of course there's criticism of Obama, but it only ever occurs on the side of Republicans, except in very rare circumstances. Democrats will almost never criticize their own, until it's absolutely impossible to ignore and white-wash their faults any further. While Republicans will immediately criticize their own if they step out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
The sad fact is unownmew, is that you did the exact same thing to us multiple times when we tried to have a discussion with you. That is what pushed Talon and Deoxys away from here. Any evidence we brought up, and oh boy, did we bring it up, you IMMEDIATELY pushed off as Democratic propaganda and frauds, but if we ever tried to do the same to you, you cried and whined about how we were such horrible people. Then, the multiple times where you have said tht what you believe in is Truth, and that nothing was going to sway you in anyway from the truth.
That's not what I remember. I remember specifically my sources being criticized and ignored, never read and utterly disregarded on the claim of "bias", while I, on the other hand, tried very hard to read and understand each and every source you guys would provide for me. I then put forth arguments based upon the substance of your sources, not the bias they held. I never, as I remember, discounted your sources on the claims of "bias," I always have ever fought substance with substance. Except in cases where I was trying to create reasonable doubt in order that you would accept my sources as just as much authority as your own.
You can go back and read the past posts if you want. If you find a place where I pushed off your stuff solely on propaganda, feel free to post it and I'll apologize. But I'm certain you'll find far more cases where the reverse is true, where my sources are the ones being dismissed because they "were biased."

Quote:
You never came here to debate. You came here to preach.
I came to this forum for community. I came to this debate forum to debate and prove my positions to myself, or correct them if they were wrong.

Quote:
And you try to discredit Obama at every turn, while glorifying Romney at the same time. You have NEVER said one good thing about Obama or ONE bad thing about Romney. Never. Do what you preach.
On the contrary, I have said 1 good thing, he got Bin Laden. As for Romney, I thought I made it quite clear during the primaries that I did not like his debate style, and was Not going to vote for him as the GOP candidate. It was only after he was nominated that I started supporting him, and only because he's the party candidate.

Quote:
The reason Republicans get the rap is because they are Chrisitians and they hide everything for years. Democrats are known to have a more lax view of morals, while Republicans are all "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE." The amount of Christian fanaticism and non-tolerance towards other religions is shocking unownmew. But you will never admit that about your heroes, huh?
So, because Republicans have morals, they get flak for being imperfect while striving to live up to them, while Democrats, because they have no morals, get no flak?
I think Amorality is far far worse than someone imperfect striving to be moral...

I've never claimed that some people were not intolerant. I know there are intolerant people in every party. But Democrats take the cake for being the most intolerant. But since they have no morality, it's apparently not an issue.

That's a very big issue.

Quote:
And lolol at the last two things you posted. Republicans are blocking the government from working because "WE HATE OBAMA WITH ALL OUR MIGHT AND WE HATE DEMOCRATS FOR ABORTION AND BIRTH CONTROL" and the list goes on and on. Democrats are trying for peace, Republicans for war. Democrats trying for the poor to rise, Republicans for the rich to get wealthier and invest off-shore. Republicans are far from civil. FAR from it.
lolol indeed. They are not blocking Democrats because they HATE Obama, or HATE democrats. They're doing it because they refuse to let things they know will harm the economy pass through and harm it.

You want to talk about intolerance and preventing government from working? It is the Democrat Senate that is absolutely refusing to take up any economic legislation that originates in the Republican House. It is the Democrat Senate that has refused to pass a budget for the past 4 years. But you don't hear about that, because the media isn't reporting it, because the media is only reporting the occasions where the Republican house is refusing to cooperate, because they are keeping their promises to their constituents, and refusing to allow Tax increases (which Obama himself has said should never be enacted during an economic slowdown), or spending increases.

Which of the two is the more intolerant? It is the Democrats by far, and that is provable, you just never hear about it.

Quote:
This is the end of any serious debate you will get from me. you only proved my points.

*blocked*
You are free to do as you like, but you are not free to your own facts.

In the end, you never admitted to any faults yourself. I think that's really full of yourself. You can't even admit defeat to a tiny little insignificant semantic argument?
Are you that afraid of being wrong that you shut yourself away from all contrary opinions? That sounds exactly like what I would expect from a diehard Liberal. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but that is very much the vibe I'm getting from your behavior here.

Last edited by unownmew; 10-24-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #1486
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
This place is just so much better an environment now that I've stopped reading um's posts.

Didn't Obama once, like in a debate or something, say Romney would be worse than Bush? Or something along those lines?

I didn't believe it at first, but the more I read... yup.

KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #1487
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
This place is just so much better an environment now that I've stopped reading um's posts.

If you're ignoring me, why are you bringing me up? Unresolved feelings?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1488
Slash
Silver LO

Yep, still pleasant.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #1489
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Yep, still pleasant.
I do have to admit, ignorance levels go down by 89%.

All in good fun of course, but I really don't want to read anything more from unownmew again.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1490
Slash
Silver LO

I blocked him awhile back, and then I continued to read every post, just because I couldn't resist seeing what horrible thing he was saying next. Like a bile fascination. Plus, I don't have to listen to someone hating me just for how I am naturally. I can almost pretend the hate doesn't even exist here. Almost.

I have to say, the more that leaks on Romney, the more and more he starts looking like RMoney.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1491
unownmew
Banned

I was actually looking up airships when I found this lol worthy news article.

Unconstitutional for Romney to challenge Obama
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #1492
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Does this mean Indiana gets to have a Democratic senator instead of a Tea Party senator?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #1493
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

That would be a huge boost to the democrats hold on the Senate, and it's close enough to election day that it could cause some swing in the presidential race as well. The more Republicans talk about rape and abortion the more they end up struggling in the polls, which means that if Romney loses and the Republicans react by running a tea party candidate in 2016 things could start heading in a very leftward direction.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #1494
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Say, assuming Obama wins this election, who'd be the Liberal candidate(s) in 2016?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #1495
deoxys
Fog Badge

Hillary Clinton or Andrew Cuomo
Old 10-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #1496
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Perhaps someone not even yet on the radar. Sort of like Obama in 2006, 2007.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #1497
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I kinda hope its Hillary now. She's impressed me and now that we've had a pretty significant cool down from Bill, I'd be up for giving Hillary a shot.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #1498
Mercutio
Banned

I'm not sure it will be Hilary. While she originally made noises about running and would be popular with many Democrats and moderates (though has many opponents within those camps), she's not been doing the things necessary to be a future candidate for about a year now.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #1499
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
I'm not sure it will be Hilary. While she originally made noises about running and would be popular with many Democrats and moderates (though has many opponents within those camps), she's not been doing the things necessary to be a future candidate for about a year now.
Barack Obama was on very few radars back in 2005. I don't think you can say that she's demonstrated a lack of initiative / preparation for a 2016 bid as early as 2012. She could announce her desire to run in 2015 and still be on time.

If public opinion of the Democrat party is high in 2016, then she may run in the hopes of being the president of a third Democratic term in a row. Democrats have historically not enjoyed such an uninterrupted run since the 1960s. If instead public opinion of the Democrat party is low in 2014, 2015, owing to dissatisfaction with the Obama presidency, I doubt she'd want to run. Why run in a year when your party is all but certain to lose?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #1500
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
BORKED

Obama on the Daily Show
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Debate