UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 02-09-2024, 07:00 PM   #1
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Dragonair Happy Lunar New Year 2024 - Year of the Auspicious Applin

Happy Lunar New Year, Fizzytopians! This year marks the Year of the Dragon, an especially powerful and felicitous symbol. As such, many make their way to shrines and temples to pray for good luck in the coming year, with one popular pilgrimage destination being near the base of Evergreen Slopes due to its natural hot spring located within a hidden bamboo grove imported from Paldea. It is said that if you climb the stairs to the top whilst passing beneath the many rows of torii gates, you’ll reach close to the heavens where gods reside. Here you may make an offering of worship at the wooden box and ring the bell, and in turn receive a fortune from one of the seven heads of a Hydrapple – in honor of an ancient legend where a many-headed serpent once demanded yearly tributes of young daughters from a pair of Earthly Deities, before being defeated by a trickster storm god who deceived the monster by having it drink vast amounts of liquor to put it to sleep. (Fortunately rather than a sacrificial maiden the beast now only requests a donation of a single minor token in order to grant its blessing to visitors, and even if you wind up with a poor fortune reading you can tie it to a pine tree to help dispel the bad luck.)

With the beauty of bamboo and snow also making for a cozy romantic getaway, many couples come to celebrate their union and pray for familial as well as financial success. Round fruits have traditionally made for welcome New Year’s gifts due to their spherical shape resembling coins, thus representing best wishes for health, wealth and prosperity. Lately younger generations of folks have learned to adopt more Western beliefs, incorporating Galarian customs to combine with their own culture's by exchanging auspicious apples in hopes for peace and harmony. Eating these are said to bring luck in love, and that if you confess your feelings to someone with one of these apples, you and your partner will have a happy future together…

Of course, the area is also well-known for its famous luxury chocolate, so feel free to stop by one of the local confectionary shops in town to pick up a present box of samples and some complimentary flowers for that very special someone this time of year~ At night, the village will also host a grand fireworks display and ceremonial drum performance alongside the Drampa Dance parade – which might just attract the real thing to come down from its home on the peak to join the festivities and give friendly rides to children and small Pokémon. Whether you’re here to ring in the New Year with a significant other or accompanied by friends and family, there’s something to enjoy for everyone!

Trainers may claim the following rewards from this event:
1x Rice Cake - Grants +1 Level when eaten!
1x Zongzi - A sweet rice dumpling! Inside could be anything, from peanuts to taro to red bean paste and more. If fed to one of your Pokémon, it will learn a natural EM or MT Move!
1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Evolution Item of choice
1x Box of Chocolates - Teaches CM CHOCOLATE BOMB.

Please also pick ONE of the following:
-1x Bouquet of Red Roses - Its sweet scent has special properties, when inhaled Fire or Ground Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM ATTRACT.
-1x Bouquet of White Lilies - Its invigorating scent has special properties, when inhaled Water or Ice Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM CAPTIVATE.
-1x Bouquet of Yellow Carnations - Its refreshing scent has special properties, when inhaled Electric or Grass Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SOFTBOILED.
-1x Bouquet of Pink Tulips - Its calming scent has special properties, when inhaled Normal or Flying Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM CALM MIND.
-1x Bouquet of Purple Orchids - Its bold scent has special properties, when inhaled Ghost or Psychic Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SWAGGER.
-1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath - Its surprisingly pungent scent has special properties, when inhaled Bug or Fairy Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM RETURN.
-1x Bouquet of Violet Bulbous Iris - Its musty aroma has special properties, when inhaled Poison or Dark Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM RETALIATE.
-1x Bouquet of Orange Poppies - Its mysterious alluring scent that cannot be described has special properties, when inhaled Steel or Rock Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SLEEP TALK.
-1x Bouquet of Blue Hydrangeas - Its smell differs from person to person, being rotten or sweet but it has special properties, when inhaled Dragon or Fighting Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM FACADE.

In order to claim the (optional) following, you must write a RP post of at least 150 words*:
1x Red Envelope containing Chocolate Coins - Worth $500.
1x Applin Plushie - Teaches TMs CHARM and DRAGON BREATH.
+5 Levels to one participating Pokémon

Choice of ONE of the following:
-1x Tart Auspicious Apple – Teaches XM GRAV APPLE.
-1x Sweet Auspicious Apple – Teaches XM APPLE ACID.
-1x Syrupy Auspicious Apple – Teaches XM SYRUP BOMB.

*Regular Cash and Synergy rates also apply

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-09-2024 at 08:44 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:10 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

Happy Lunar New Year, Fizzytopians! This year marks the Year of the Dragon, an especially powerful and felicitous symbol. As such, many make their way to shrines and temples to pray for good luck in the coming year, with one popular pilgrimage destination being near the base of Evergreen Slopes due to its natural hot spring located within a hidden bamboo grove imported from Paldea. It is said that if you climb the stairs to the top whilst passing beneath the many rows of torii gates, you’ll reach close to the heavens where gods reside. Here you may make an offering of worship at the wooden box and ring the bell, and in turn receive a fortune from one of the seven heads of a Hydrapple – in honor of an ancient legend where a many-headed serpent once demanded yearly tributes of young daughters from a pair of Earthly Deities, before being defeated by a trickster storm god who deceived the monster by having it drink vast amounts of liquor to put it to sleep. (Fortunately rather than a sacrificial maiden the beast now only requests a donation of a single minor token in order to grant its blessing to visitors, and even if you wind up with a poor fortune reading you can tie it to a pine tree to help dispel the bad luck.)

With the beauty of bamboo and snow also making for a cozy romantic getaway, many couples come to celebrate their union and pray for familial as well as financial success. Round fruits have traditionally made for welcome New Year’s gifts due to their spherical shape resembling coins, thus representing best wishes for health, wealth and prosperity. Lately younger generations of folks have learned to adopt more Western beliefs, incorporating Galarian customs to combine with their own culture's by exchanging auspicious apples in hopes for peace and harmony. Eating these are said to bring luck in love, and that if you confess your feelings to someone with one of these apples, you and your partner will have a happy future together…

Of course, the area is also well-known for its famous luxury chocolate, so feel free to stop by one of the local confectionary shops in town to pick up a present box of samples and some complimentary flowers for that very special someone this time of year~ At night, the village will also host a grand fireworks display and ceremonial drum performance alongside the Drampa Dance parade – which might just attract the real thing to come down from its home on the peak to join the festivities and give friendly rides to children and small Pokémon. Whether you’re here to ring in the New Year with a significant other or accompanied by friends and family, there’s something to enjoy for everyone!

1x Zongzi - A sweet rice dumpling! Inside could be anything, from peanuts to taro to red bean paste and more. If fed to one of your Pokémon, it will learn a natural EM or MT Move!
1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

-1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath - Its surprisingly pungent scent has special properties, when inhaled Bug or Fairy Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM RETURN.

In order to claim the (optional) following, you must write a RP post of at least 150 words*:

*Regular Cash and Bond rates also apply
"...and apparently this year is the year of the dragon," Maribel was saying. From behind her came a roar of approval from her Salamence, which elicited a giggle from the young Trainer.

"...I remember hearing about these back when I lived in Kanto," murmured ZZLZZ Starmie. "I always wanted to go to one, but... well... they were always too busy with their work."

Maribel looked at her girlfriend, knowing exactly what she meant by "they". "...what were they like?" she asked quietly. "Your... old parents?" she added, after a moment's hesitation in which she tried to think how best to phrase the question. When ZZLZZ did not answer, Maribel felt a sinking feeling in her chest. "...I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" she began.

"No, no, it's OK, I just..." interrupted ZZLZZ. "I- I'm not really... th-they weren't... it's like... they weren't really... there for me. Not like Mom and Dad are. Th-they didn't treat me bad or anything, just... they never found a lot of time for me. With their work with the museum. I... y-you're so lucky, Maribel," she added. "You grew up with parents who always have time for you, and if they didn't have time, they're always willing to make time."

"...that's true," Maribel murmured. "...well, I'm glad you have that now too, at least," she added. "Even if it took longer than it should have... Mr. and Mrs. Starmie are such nice people."

At this, ZZLZZ smiled. "...they really are," she admitted. "But... I mean, I do still miss my old parents a bit sometimes," she added. "Is... is that bad? I- I never told Mom or Dad this, I didn't want them to think I wasn't grateful for them adopting me..."

At this, Maribel took ZZLZZ's hand. "It's only natural you'd miss them, even if only a little," she said. "I don't think they'd take offense. I think it says a lot of good stuff about you as a person."

"...thanks, Maribel," smiled ZZLZZ. "Um... if you don't mind me asking... y-you don't mind glitching up so much when we hold hands?" she added. "I- I barely register the sensation anymore, but I remember it took a lot of getting used to."

Maribel smiled back, blushing a bit. "...I've come to associate the sensation with... with being with you," she said. "On that basis alone, I love how it feels." ZZLZZ had no response, blushing quite a bit herself.

The couple said nothing more until they got up to the top of the stairs. There, they came across a wooden box and a bell. "Oh, I've heard about this," breathed ZZLZZ. "Y-you make an offering and ring the bell, and you get a fortune from one of the syrpents of a Hydrapple!"

"Oooh," smiled Maribel. "All right- I'll put something in," she decided. She rummaged through her bag, and eventually produced a single leaf. "It's one of Trevenant's," she explained to ZZLZZ. "I was telling him about this earlier, and he suggested I take one of his leaves and put it in the box." As she said this, she placed the leaf in the box and rang the bell. And right away, a single syrpent snaked forward, a fortune in its mouth. Maribel accepted the paper, and read off of it. "...'Caution is wise, but even a broken clock is right twice a day,'" she said.

"What does that mean?" ZZLZZ wondered out loud. Maribel said nothing, looking deep in thought about it. She had a suspicion, but nothing more than that.

Nothing more about the cryptic fortune was said, and instead the couple made their way to the nearby town. Maribel, struck by sudden inspiration, ducked into a nearby confectionary shop, and after several minutes she came out, blushing vibrantly, holding a box of chocolates and a bouquet of flowers, both of which she gave to ZZLZZ. "...for me?" ZZLZZ breathed, blushing vibrantly. "M-Maribel, you didn't have to..."

"I know, I- I wanted to," Maribel replied.

"...I got you something too," ZZLZZ said shyly. And flushed redder than an Electrode's ass, she produced an Applin Plushie and offered it to her girlfriend. Maribel accepted it, blushing rather vibrantly herself as she recalled the legends she'd heard, about what it meant to give an Applin to someone you loved, and although this one was a mere plushie, she could very well understand and appreciate the intent. Without the sufficient words to convey her feelings, she instead moved in close, and kissed ZZLZZ.

"...thank you," Maribel finally said. "It's... I..."

"...I- I know it might be a bit m-much, m-maybe a little t-too fast, b-but... I just... I- I mean, not that I'm trying to rush us or anything," ZZLZZ hastily amended. "I just..."

But Maribel nodded understandingly. "...I know we haven't been dating for all that long. I mean, heck, I'm not even a teenager like you yet," she chuckled. "But... I think we can both promise to be honest with each other about how comfortable we are with things," she said. "Because, I... I want this to work," she murmured. "I... I want this to have the best possible chance of working, because it feels so right. So... if one of us wants to take things slower, or faster, or what have you, let's promise to be up front and honest about it, OK? With no hurt feelings on either side?"

"...OK," agreed ZZLZZ. "S-so... on that subject... I- I'm comfortable with how things are going right now. How... how about you?" she tentatively asked Maribel.

Maribel smiled. "I'm comfortable with things too," she confirmed. "Come on- let's bring out our Pokémon and enjoy the rest o the evening. Tonight's the fireworks and the Drampa Dance parade."

"Oooh, that sounds cool!" smiled ZZLZZ. With that, the two sent out the rest of their on-hand Pokémon. Maribel's Salamence had been out of his ball the whole time, and she sent out her Hydrapple, her Aurorus, her Larvitar, her Arbok, and her Weezing, while ZZLZZ sent out her Vibrava (for this took place before her venture to the Unreal Archipelago in search of Genesect), her Sandy Cloak Wormadam, her Anorith, her Beedrill, her Accelgor, and her Shiny Venusaur. As they enjoyed the festivities, the couple acquired a number of items, all of which they planned to stow away for later consumption. That is, however, until Maribel dropped the bag holding them on the ground.

"Whoops," Maribel murmured. But as she went to pick it up, a fast-moving bug swiped it! "What-" she began.

"Shredder, no!" ZZLZZ exclaimed, scolding her Anorith. The Anorith, however, did not destroy the bag, but instead set it down in front of Maribel's Larvitar.

"Larvitar...?" Maribel asked.

"Lar. Lar!" Larvitar responded, fixing Maribel with an insistent look. Maribel maintained eye contact, before smiling and nodding.

"...what was that about?" asked ZZLZZ.

"I think Larvitar's feeling a bit left out," Maribel said. "If I'm correct, she wants some of the goodies too. And you know what? Pick whatever you want, Larvitar," she said.

Larvitar grinned broadly. "Laaar!" she declared, grabbing the Rice Cake and the Zongzi at once, and devouring them both with reckless abandon, upon which she began to glow! And she wasn't the only one, either- Shredder, who had been admiring the aroma of the bouquet of flowers Maribel had given ZZLZZ, also started glowing. Both Pokémon changed shape, with Shredder getting much larger. And finally, the couple were beholding a and an !

Maribel's Rotom Phone made a pinging sound, prompting her to take it out of her bag. "Pupitar has been registered to your Pokédex!" stated Rotom. "Pupitar, the Hard Shell Pokémon. A Rock and Ground-type, and the evolved form of Larvitar. Pupitar, and I swear to Thundurus I'm not making this up, vents gas powerfully to propel itself forward. It moves by farting, you can't make this shit up!" Maribel stowed her still-laughing Rotom Phone back into her bag, while ZZLZZ pointed her Pokédex at Shredder.

"Armaldo, the Plate Pokémon. A Rock and Bug-type, and the evolved form of Anorith," droned the device. "Armaldo's tough armor makes all attacks bounce off, and it can freely extend or contract its huge claws. With these claws, it can punch through a steel slab with ease."

"They both evolved!" ZZLZZ exclaimed gleefully. "Shredder, congratulations!" she exclaimed, hugging her new Armaldo.

"Arrrr, maldo!" Shredder responded, hugging her Trainer warmly.

"And Pupitar, you're doing so good," Maribel smiled. "One step closer to Tyranitar!"

"Pupitar!" declared Pupitar, rocking forward a bit as though nodding in response.

The rest of the evening was less eventful than this, even if only slightly. At last, night fell, and the parade began, though as the people marched on under their elaborate Drampa costumes, another Drampa costume arrived on the scene, and this one was massive. A ludicrously oversized fabrication with the proportions of a large circus tent, yet done up fantastically to resemble a Drampa in any case. Once one got past the initial shock of its sheer size, the overall effect was quite marvelous, and whatever was underneath this absolute behemoth of a costume was giving off some happy roars, enjoying the attention it was getting from all this.

"What do you think is under that?" ZZLZZ wondered out loud.

"I bet I know," smiled Maribel. Just then, the gigantic Drampa costume made to pass right by them. "Hi, Max!" she called, waving up to the gigantic Drampa costume's head. In response, the costume waved back, giving a roar of happy recognition.

"Max?" repeated ZZLZZ. "So then that's...? But then how did your dad put together such a huge costume?"

"...I bet that's Peeves and Liliana's doing," Maribel said thoughtfully. "They're very good with creating illusions. Peeves once told me he learned from the best on the subject."

"...Maribel," said ZZLZZ, with the air of someone having made up their mind on the spot. "I... I'm gonna go out tomorrow in search of Genesect. I... I think it's time. I'm gonna talk to Tom tomorrow morning."

"...I had a feeling you might be heading out soon," nodded Maribel. "Tomorrow, I'm gonna go out in search of Spectrier. I think I've found some sightings online of something that might be it."

"Good luck," smiled ZZLZZ.

Maribel smiled back. "You too," she replied. And with that, the couple leaned in and shared another quick kiss, taking a moment to continue to smile at each other before turning their attention back to the parade.

*Obtained the Rice Cake!*

*Obtained the Zongzi!*

*Obtained the TM Dragon Cheer!*

*Obtained the Dragon Ball!*

*Obtained the Dragon Fang!*

*Obtained the Peat Block!*

*Obtained the Box of Chocolates!*

*Obtained the Bouquet of Pastel Baby's Breath!*

*Obtained the Red Envelope!*

*Obtained the Applin Plushie!*

*Anorith was elevated to level 37!*

*Anorith learned Rock Blast!*

*Obtained the Tart Auspicious Apple!*

Feeding the Rice Cake and the Zongzi to my level 31 Larvitar, using the TM Dragon Cheer on my male Arbok, using the Box of Chocolates on my Accelgor, letting my level 37 Anorith smell the Bouquet of Pastel Baby's Breath, using the Applin Plushie on my Aurorus, and feeding my Tart Auspicious Apple to my Blipbug.

*Larvitar grew to level 32!*

*Larvitar learned Dragon Dance!*

*Arbok learned Dragon Cheer!*

*Speedster learned Chocolate Bomb!*

*Shredder was elevated to level 40!*

*Aurorus learned Charm!*

*Aurorus learned Dragon Breath!*

*Radar learned Grav Apple!*

And lastly, big thanks to Yuki for putting this together.

Quote:
What? Larvitar is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Larvitar evolved into Pupitar!

*Pupitar learned Iron Defense!*
Quote:
What? Anorith is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Anorith evolved into Armaldo!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-10-2024 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 12:05 AM   #3
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

-1x Bouquet of Pink Tulips - Its calming scent has special properties, when inhaled Normal or Flying Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM CALM MIND.

As Saito walked through the base of the Evergreen Slopes, taking in the splendor of the festivities as one of the few people experiencing it as an adult who never witnessed such an event before, the Xatu known as Meiru could only ask if there were ever events like this in his own time period.

"Not really," Saito could only reply. "There were celebrations that were just contests of personal strength. Nothing as pure as this. Few ever dared travel far from the village either. We'd get the occasional visitor, but they wouldn't remain for long."

"Feeling homesick?"

Saito nodded, but he wasn't sure if he truly wished to return home. He thought to himself, "I really should give the Latias that brought me here an answer sooner than later. While I am traveling far and wide in this time, I'm not sure there's really a purpose to all of this. But I can't just abandon this party that has decided to call me their trainer either..."

As the party continued making their way through the stalls, with each member of the party out of their Pokeballs while still trying to be mindful of the other attendees, the young Delibird following directly behind Saito with the big emerald bag picked up gifts on his behalf. Delibird was evidently in charge of distributing said gifts to the rest of the party as well, if he didn't decide to greedily use the items himself. Saito was even about to eat the rice cake, until Meiru quickly pointed out the sign saying that it was only safe for Pokemon consumption. At that moment, Saito decided to give it to the Sensu Oricorio following behind Meiru, who was still coming to terms with the power that had awakened within her during the adventure at the Kingdom of Swords.

(Oricorio ate the Rice Cake! Her level is elevated from 35 -> 36!)

Delibird also claimed a Zongzi from another gift stall, subsequently throwing it into the air, where Mandibuzz swooped down to swallow it whole without even unwrapping it.

(Mandibuzz ate the Zongzi! She learned MT Throat Chop!)

As for some of the other gifts, Delibird packed away the Dragon Ball, Dragon Fang, and a Thunderstone. And after a bit of fumbling from Saito trying to use the TM that was given out as Tropius craned his head down towards ground level...

(Claimed the Dragon Ball, Dragon Fang, and a Thunderstone!)
(TM Dragon Cheer was used on Tropius! Tropius learned Dragon Cheer!)

Arkell, having spent time gazing at the decorations across the town, descended to inspect an interesting Bouquet of Pink Tulips that Saito was about to pick up.

(Arkell the Togekiss smelled the Bouquet of Pink Tulips! His level was elevated from 36 -> 39! Arkell learned Calm Mind!)

Among the gifts was an envelope containing chocolate coins, an Applin Plushie that Mandibuzz decided to carry away in her mouth, and a strange apple and a box of chocolates that Delibird couldn't resist consuming. Saito looked down at the Delibird with obvious concern. "Um... Mind sharing with everyone else?" Of course, the only answer the party would receive was in the form of a Delibird that would soon be too stuffed to walk, hitching a ride on the Tropius for the remainder of the festival. The party would later note that the young Delibird would come out of this with a craving for more apples and chocolates, or at least a special kind to stuff in his bag...

(Claimed the Red Envelope!)
(Mandibuzz used the Applin Plushie! Mandibuzz learned TM Charm and Dragon Breath!)
(Delibird ate the Syrupy Auspicious Apple! Delibird learned XM Syrup Bomb!)
(Delibird ate the Box of Chocolates! Delibird learned CM Chocolate Bomb!)
(Delibird's level was elevated from 17 -> 22!)
Old 02-10-2024, 12:52 PM   #4
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

The Lunar New Year.

It had been ages since Isaac had been able to celebrate something like this, and he felt like he was right back in Johto, celebrating his heritage. This year, Isaac had decided that it was probably a good time for Vinny to wander the sights with her family. Reno was still missing, and he could tell that this had been a plague on Vinny's mind for the longest time. He had hoped that the celebration would ease some of it.

Vinny walked with Kyp, looking at the various stands. Vinny's ears drooped, thinking about how much Reno would've love this event, and how she worried deeply for her youngest son.

'So, anyways what do you think our next adventure will be? Now that Ciri is around, Luther and Sophie seem energized! I think a real heist could happen!' Vinny's head jerked upwards hearing the voice, as did Kyp's. There was no mistaking it, it was Reno. She turned, seeing her son walking alongside a rather large otter-like creature --- samurai head garb black and red. It smiled at him warmly, looking down at the small Sylveon.

'You're always so full of energy, Ren.' It laughed, the masculine voice shining through. 'I think Chelsea is planning something, especially now that there's so many more of us.' Vinny watched as they laughed together, the smiles on their faces, the way they looked at each other. She sighed, looking at Kyp. He knew from her glance she was relieved to see their son, but he wondered why she didn't stop him --- watching as he faded into the crowd.

'I'm happy he's happy.' She murmured, 'It's all I wanted for him. And if he found happiness elsewhere, who am I to take that away from him?' Kyp nodded, brushing against his mate.

---

Reno and Dorian continued their exploration of the stands, with Dorian hurriedly snatching a bouquet. He knew little of flowers, but he knew that growing up around grass type Pokemon that Reno was certainly familiar. He nervously waited until they stopped again, Reno's grin ever wider. Dorian smiled warmly, looking away shyly as he handed Reno the bouquet. Reno's face flushed red, looking at the flowers.

'Baby's Breath? I didn't take you for a floral guy.' He laughed, trying to make the redness in his face cease as he looked at the imposing water type. Dorian laughed, a flipped nervously rubbing the back of his head.

'Listen I...' Before Dorian could finish, one of Reno's ribbons pulled him closer, and the two shared a kiss as a red firework of an Applin illuminated the night sky.

[Reno has gained three levels (17 - 20). Dorian learned TM Return]

~~~

Luther and Sophie walked with their newly adopted daughter across the various stands. Cirilla bounced happily, looking at everything with wonder in her eyes. It was clear she had never experienced anything like this --- and she was thoroughly enjoying herself. Sophie smiled, taking her mate's hand. Ciri was really the best thing that had happened to them, especially with the looming thought that they could never have a biological child due to problems with Sophie.

'Oh! Oh! Can I try this?' She excitedly bounded over to a food stand that was offering rice cakes and zongzi. Luther nodded, picking up one of each for his daughter. His hulking frame intimidating the stand manager, Ciri tried both, feeling both a surge of energy and a surge of power.

[Ciri grew to level 2, Ciri learned MT Hyper Voice]

[Claiming the rest of the goodies
- TM Dragon Cheer (teaching to Typhon the Garchomp)
- Dragon Fang
- Dragon Ball (switching Alke the Charizard's Pokeball to the Dragon Ball)
- Dusk Stone
- Box of Chocolates (Teaching CM Chocolate Bomb to Ciri)
- Red Envelope (Claiming $500)
- Applin plushie (Ciri learned Charm and Dragon Breath)
- +5 levels to Ciri. Ciri grew to level 7!
- Tart Auspicious Apple (Ciri learned XM Grav Apple)
Old 02-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #5
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Eevee Kinga Shin-nen

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
[B]1x Water Stone/B]

-1x Bouquet of Purple Orchids - Its bold scent has special properties, when inhaled Ghost or Psychic Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SWAGGER.

Electricity crackled as the blond stepped through the crowds of the festival. His Z-Ring had been going haywire ever since delving deep within the mines. He shuddered for a bit, thinking back on the ordeal. No matter, it was a new year for some people. Best to take the time to relax and celebrate, right? No point in meandering over the small things.

As he saw the crowds of people, he blinked. It was a familiar face. Familiar look. He was here too, and didn't tell him? Kyle sighed and pulled out his phone to shoot a text. As always, communication wasn't the greatest between the two of them. No matter, he was trying his best. Trying to let the man know he cared. So, perhaps it would be best to chase him down? He looked down at Kale, who seemed confused.

His phone buzzed soon after, but it was from someone else. His Reuniclus. His 'personal assistant.' He was torn on the whole scenario that his boss had set him up with. While he did admit having one of these again was nice, it felt wrong all the same. He owned a person. There was no way of beating around the bush. Even if the guy was a Pokemon, he felt more human than not. And he much rather treat him like the man he was, instead of as the ooze beneath. He gripped the phone tightly a little, causing Kale to let out a confused bark.

"Nothing too important bud," Kyle reassures the Jolteon and looks towards where he last saw Isaac. He started to head deeper into the crowds, hoping to track the man down. He sends a quick reply to his assistant and then delves within.

---

"Hmm, well, looks like today is your lucky day Staccato! That's just great now, isn't it?" Marco told the Maractus with him, who gave him a happy, off-key shake of the arms.

"So, whatcha want dude? You have three delicious choices before you, don't you?" he then further questions the cactus, who looks at the items with interest.

Before them were three items, all called "Auspicious Apples'. There was one that was tart, it as green as the grass and trees. Another that was sweet, as bright red as an apple could be. Then the last was... syrupy, so it went. It was glossy and golden. The Maractus looked at all three with curious intent, seeming to find which one fits his stacattic rhythm. Marco just cheerfully watched, holding the Applin Plushie that came with this little activity under his left arm. He had plans for this. Plans that would come out in a few days.

"You know, it kinda sucks he couldn't make it tonight," Marco sighs, looking longingly towards the sky. "But, hey, it's nice the team could get a festival after that work trip! Nothing eases people up like a nice trip."

Marco starts to chuckle, with the Maractus looking at him in confusion. Well, it didn't matter all too much now. Not as of this time. So, the man looks curiously as the Maractus finally makes his pick. The cactus bounces on over toward the sweet apple and starts to take a bite. He had felt that would be right. His future sight, while not clear, gave him these sorts of knowing feelings more often than not. The Maractus then starts to consume the apple in earnest, seeming to gain some new power from it.

Marco then motions the Maractus away, content in trying to find their employer. He starts to whistle a merry tune, seemingly fitting with the festival. At least, parts of the theme. He had plans brewing in his mind... and four days to get them all done. He looked towards his left pinky and felt that things would work out. So, he too disappeared within the crowds, content in having fun as fireworks lit up the night sky.

---

OOC: Claiming the quoted items, giving Marco the +5 levels, and teaching Staccato the Maractus XM Apple Acid! Thank you Yuki for the event.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:34 PM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

Well, the festivities were certainly underway. Kerry arrived at the strange bamboo grove, the recommended "traditional" attire sitting rather uncomfortably as she strolled through the crowds. She was still unsure of the colours herself: she tended to prefer greens and browns, but apparently they'd only stocked this gaudy red and gold ensemble. She already had a stone in her "traditional" sandals, and she felt horribly conspicuous in the throngs, though at least she wasn't the only one in such attire. Beside her floated her Carbink, the gemstones glittering in the light of a hundred lanterns, the Fairy type keeping her constant. And from turning tail, ditching the crappy sandals and running away. Though given it seemed to be a Dragon festival this year, maybe a Fairy wasn't the best pick.

Climbing the steps towards the shrine, Kerry idly wondered where the others were. They were supposed to be meeting up for this, but she'd seen neither hide nor hair of Anathema, and she'd staunchly refused Liawe's offer of a "lift", as she didn't despise her outfit quite so much that she'd rather paint it with her lunch. Shy and reserved as that girl may be, she did not know how to hold back her intrusive thoughts while flying. The mere thought of it sent her stomach lurching in reflex, causing her Carbink to look at her with concern. Reassuring her rocky comrade, she proceeded onwards, up the hill, stopping only once she noticed a festival clothing store. Red and gold was very not her.

Emerging later in an emerald and amber outfit that suited her much more, Kerry continued to the plateau atop the hill that housed the shrine, along with a notable crowd and Liawe, whose sky-blue and silver ensemble left Kerry feeling like Liawe hadn't quite been telling the truth about the lack of options. Greeting each other, the cousins made their way towards the offerings box, each accompanied by their own partner, for Liawe had brought Caeda along with her, no doubt as much for travel as companionship. Kerry had simply gotten a taxi. "So... Is Anathema joining us, then?"
"Nah, she couldn't get cover apparently, and I don't think she quite trusts Cedim and Relaeh to handle the centre unattended quite yet.", replied Liawe, with a touch of amusement in her voice at the final line. "Well, would you? I remember the last time they left Cedim to do unattended care, it sounded like someone was getting mauled by a pack of Mightyena and giving as good as they got. And she was only treating a sprain and some minor scratches! Never mind Relaeh, she'd probably try and do full surgery without anaesthetic!" "Well, she doesn't have that stuff in the wild anyway", chuckled Liawe, "But I agree, I'd trust them to run the centre alone about as much as I'd trust Hope to follow orders."

Their conversation was interrupted by their arrival at the offerings box, upon which both began casting about for their offering packs. Caeda stepped forth with Liawe's, while Kerry's Carbink had balanced the sack upon its head, and insisted on trying to knock the offering bag in by itself, to limited success. Having offered to the mighty Hydrapple, they received the traditional goodie bag, which Kerry wasted no time in splitting with her Carbink, much to Liawe's shock and ire. "What, you wanted me to just throw it on the pile with all the other bits you've accumulated over the last five or so years? We already have three storage tents full of random stuff because of your hoarding ass, we might as well use some of it at some point! Besides, you had the last lot, so these are mine. We agreed on that, remember?"

Perhaps such stinging words were best left to a less fateful day...

Claiming:
1 Rice Cake
1 Zongzi
1 TM Dragon Cheer
1 Dragon Ball
1 Dragon Fang
1 Box of Chocolates
1 Bouquet of Pastel Baby's Breath
1 Red Envelope of Chocolate Coins
1 Applin Plushie
1 Syrupy Auspicious Apple

Using the Zongzi, the Rice Cake, the Box of Chocolates and the Bouquet on top of the 5 levels to elevate Carbink to level 10, teaching them TM Return, XM Chocolate Bomb and MT Meteor Beam.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:34 AM   #7
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

-1x Bouquet of Blue Hydrangeas - Its smell differs from person to person, being rotten or sweet but it has special properties, when inhaled Dragon or Fighting Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM FACADE.

"Well, it's the Year of the Dragon this time around, or so I've heard. Makes sense to bring along a bunch of Dragon-types to the party, so here you all are!"

Indeed, six Dragon-type Pokemon had accompanied Hyrem this year, and all of them were of the most recent Dragon-type additions to the team as well. (The fact they were all female was purely coincidental, I assure you!) The only one missing from that group was Hal, although in his simple Dreepy state it could be argued he wouldn't know how to properly appreciate such an occasion. "Too bad Hal's not here, he's missing out on getting to know all of you, hehe!" he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought.

It was at this moment, however, that the smell of food began to permeate throughout the area, and the six female dragons--Kima, Tiamat, Gnash, Titania, Jeri, and Phyllis--were all running straight for the goods, each of them ready to stuff themselves full. To Phyllis's particular delight, the theme for the party was "Year of the Auspicious Applin," the Appletun finding many apple-themed snacks among the offerings as a result~ Yet what first found her interest was an Applin Plushie, sitting on a low enough shelf that she could reach it with ease. "Well, I'm kinda glad that caught your eye; makes it easier for me to get that for you!" said Hyrem. Of course, there was still a Druddigon, a Shiny Deino, a Tyrunt, a Duraludon, and a Jangmo-o to satisfy...

Kima, however, had more on her mind than food; that Dragon Pokeball looked so much better than the regular Pokeball she was currently residing in, and it smelled better too. "Wanting a change in housing, Kima?" Hyrem asked her. "You know, it just might be what your dad would want for you too. It's all yours then!" He would go through the process of transferring Kima to the new Pokeball afterward, but in the meantime he could see Tiamat eyeing the rice dumplings, which he was plenty willing to give her.

Next was Gnash, who was already gnawing on a Dragon Fang offered to her; far be it from him to say she couldn't have that for herself. Then there was Titania, who found where they offered the rice cakes, and he knew she might not be satisfied with just one of them... "I'll take six for her please!" he asked the attendant, who was ready to oblige.

Finally, there was Jeri, who didn't seem to be interested in the food; rather, she had found herself the obligatory flower shop that was always at these gatherings. "It says, 'Once your Pokemon inhales these flowers, they will feel quite a bit stronger' so... I wonder if... uh wait Jeri, I don't think that's what they meant by 'inhaling' the flowers!" By the time Hyrem tried to stop his Jangmo-o, she had already swallowed the flowers whole! I guess she was after some food after all... Suddenly, she put a paw to her belly and began groaning. "Uh oh, I tried to warn you, hope the flowers aren't too poisonous..." Hyrem said, trying to comfort Jeri just before she erupted into a familiar blue light! With this evolution, Jeri not only grew taller but her front legs developed into long, powerful arms, good for punching and grabbing, while the heart shaped scale was changed for a longer head scale, her snout growing to a more defined shape as she rounded out the evolution by now being able to stand on two legs. The color scheme stayed similar to her Jangmo-o form, save for a red color on the big scales on her hands. "Heh, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned evolution being a thing that would automatically happen if the flowers could guarantee it, but I'll take it, and something tells me you will too, Jeri!" After checking out the new Pokedex entry, he decided to return to Phyllis to see about getting her a special apple...

Hakamo-o, the Scaly Pokemon, and the evolved form of Jangmo-o. Hakamo-o starts a confrontation by banging its scales against each other and roaring loudly until its prey is reeling from the noise, then it pounces and starts pummeling the prey into submission before its claws finish them off. Any breaks in its scales as a result of battle are worn with pride, until the scales are shed, growing back stronger and sharper. Meanwhile, discarded scales are often used by humans to make various cookware as they are efficient heat conductors.

Claim:
Rice Cake
Zongzi
TM Dragon Cheer
Dragon Ball
Dragon Fang
Fire Stone
Box of Chocolates
Bouquet of Blue Hydrangeas
Red Envelope
Applin Plushie
Tart Auspicious Apple

Use:
Rice Cake on Duraludon
Level Up! Duraludon grew from Lv. 30 to Lv. 31!
Plus with the five levels...
Level Up! Duraludon grew from Lv. 31 to Lv. 36!
New Move! Duraludon learned Iron Defense!

Zongzi on Shiny Deino
New Move! Shiny Deino learned Uproar! (MT)

Dragon Ball for Druddigon (Kima)

Dragon Fang for Tyrunt

Box of Chocolates on Shadow Lickitung
New Move! Shadow Lickitung learned Chocolate Bomb!

Bouquet of Blue Hydrangeas on Jangmo-o
Level Up! Jangmo-o grew from Lv. 32 to Lv. 35!
Evolution!! Jangmo-o evolved into Hakamo-o!
New Move! Hakamo-o learned Sky Uppercut!
New Move! Hakamo-o learned Autotomize!
New Move! Hakamo-o learned Facade! (TM)

Applin Plushie on Appletun
New Move! Appletun learned Charm!
New Move! Appletun learned Dragon Breath!

Tart Auspicious Apple on Appletun
New Move! Appletun learned Grav Apple!

Happy Lunar New Year~

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:29 PM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Dratini To become an immortal dragon is to lose oneself...

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

-1x Bouquet of Red Roses - Its sweet scent has special properties, when inhaled Fire or Ground Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM ATTRACT.

"C'mon, Custard, it's not that far of a walk..."

Jess sighed as she stepped over the prostrate penguin stretched flat with flippers crossed in protest, who had quickly given up on climbing further after the first few flights of stairs. The Delibird merely squawked in exaggerated exhaustion as he determined to drag himself back down to the inn at the foot of the hill, more eager to take a dip in the hot springs and relax rather than hike all the way up to the summit. His trainer shrugged – in the process slightly adjusting her new snake-like scarf, as the sleepy Dratini shifted and stirred but didn’t wake from her pleasant slumber. Normally Jess was opposed to neckwear, but couldn’t deny the dozing baby dragon a lift as she serenely drifted off to dreamland, draped loosely around the woman’s nape like a feather boa rather than coiling close so as not to cause discomfort.

Leaving behind the jealous bird to stew in the bath by himself, Jess carried on without the fuming fowl to catch up to two others who were already making their way daintily up the steps. Iris the Leavanny and Lilac the Lilligant were both decked out in beautiful butterfly and floral-patterned furisode, designed by their dear friend and tailored by the former. They too sported fluffy shawls to guard against the chill, as the air gradually grew thinner and colder the higher they ascended, puffs of breath turning to white smoke amidst lightly falling snow. While the plant-based pair appeared rather out of their element, they were resolved to reach the top in order to pay respects to both the gods and their ancestors, seeking blessings for their own newly growing family.

Upon arrival, the duo dutifully bowed to the draconic deity before them and made their donation, to which one of the syrpents deposited a (somewhat sticky) slip of paper that read:

“It's best to forget the unnecessary things
There's no more time to be fooling around
The story which has begun to revolve at full speed
Dyes the earth red”

Not sure what to make of the cryptic text, the couple glanced at each other with concerned confusion before deciding to tie the piece to a nearby pine branch just to be safe. Before departing, Lilac also lit a stick of incense in tribute to her long-lost lineage she’d recently reconnected with, placing petals together in deep prayer. Meanwhile Jess took her turn, nervously approaching the multi-necked serpent. While she didn’t place much stock in fortunetelling, the past year had been such a tumultuous period she’d gladly take any bit of good luck she could get. Upon perusing her parchment, she didn’t recite any of the lines aloud, but quietly pocketed it anyway in hopes it would act as a charm to provide protection against evil, keeping bad spirits and negative energy at bay.

As they headed back down the mountain, a set of eyes watched the group go from the brush as Sheik silently stepped out. The Shiny Houndour advanced towards the altar, gazing reverently up at the heavens.

“I come seeking help… regarding this power that has been handed down over time… Prayer will awaken my power to seal darkness away… Or so I’ve been told all my life… And yet…”

The hound’s head hung, before snapping up in bitter anger and desperation.

“I’ve spent every day of my life dedicated to praying! But I don’t hear… or feel anything! I’ve pleaded to the spirits tied to the ancient gods… And still the holy powers have proven deaf to my devotion. Please just tell me… What is it…? What’s wrong with me!?”

Claws digging into stone, the dejected dog started to sob, venting frustration at perceived self-worthlessness.

“Everyone else… is carrying out their duties with such grace. I am the only one… who cannot live up… to her own potential.”

From the foliage, another feathered figure looked on the scene with pity, gingerly drawing near the pouting puppy as she laid a gentle wing upon her former ward.

“My Grace, why don’t we take a break somewhere? I’ve grown quite famished all of a sudden.”

The cooing Oricorio attempted to tenderly console the canine by distracting with soothing thoughts of food, directing attention instead towards the delicious smells wafting from festival stalls down below. Sheik simply shook her head.

“Impa… There’s just… no more time.”

At this, the Hydrapple hovering overhead extended all of its heads at once, as they began to harmonize in a haunting melody:

“Time passes, people move
Like a river's flow, it never ends
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition
Young love will become deep affection
The clear water's surface reflects growth”

With that mysterious message, the dragons withdrew back into their shell, leaving the pup and bird bewildered. Regarding each other without words, they agreed to take their leave for now, mutely making the descent with meditative reflection over a rising sense of ominous foreboding…

-

“Let’s see… Cheese, chocolate, oranges – oh, and apples of course.”

Miru flitted about the food aisles, filling up her shopping bin to the brim with ingredients as she double-checked the grocery list her boss had given her. Much as Blue and Waffle had wished to be there themselves, they were too swamped with work at the Café to afford closing temporarily to take a holiday. Thus they sent the Milcery as their representative to pick up some of the local delicacies to help expand and enrich their menu’s cuisine.

“That should be about it… Let’s go check out. …Link?”

Her cur-rier holding the basket didn’t appear to be paying notice, as he currently seemed preoccupied by contemplative worry over something. The frustrated fairy finally flew directly in front of his face:

“Hey! Listen!”

The Mightyena startled, nearly dropping the hamper’s handle from his fangs, before reaffirming his grip to prevent spilling the container’s contents all over the floor. Miruku landed on his snout with curious concern.

“What’s wrong? You seem even quieter than usual.”

The hyena hesitated, before managing to communicate the situation through miming gestures without releasing his fragile mouthful, which Miru magically seemed to understand without requiring much mediation.

“I see… So Sheik’s been acting strange ever since you pulled the sword and Evolved… And avoiding you after the Chandelure battle…”

Link nodded, recalling how just this morning the blue Houndour had brusquely given the cold shoulder when he aimed to accompany to the shrine, irritably barking at him in rather uncharacteristic rage to “Stop following me!” Slinking off with tail between his legs to try and respect desire for distance, that was how Miru found him lying depressed in front of the lodge’s fireplace and thus recruited him for her errand supply run as a result.

“Hm… I’m not sure what exactly the problem could be, but maybe try giving a gift of some sort to smooth things over? Girls like that sort of thing, after all.”

She added with a wink – and the pooch paused, slowly processing the statement as he seemed to struggle to compute the information just heard.

“…You didn’t know? I thought it was obvious.”

The mutt mulled over all his past interactions with Sheik, reeling dizzily from the revelation as he came to shocked realization in retrospect. Miru couldn’t help but stifle a giggle over such adorably dense obliviousness.

“Here, why not get her one of these? I have a feeling she’ll like it.”

She picked up a souvenir plush from one of the shelves and plopped onto the pile of goods with a knowing smile, which the dumbfounded dog accepted without question. After all, surely the sweet and insightful fae’s advice couldn’t steer him wrong…

-

That evening, they all gathered at the town square to partake in food and fun festivities (well, aside from Custard who still stubbornly refused to budge from his lounging spot stuffing his face full of sweets). Joined now by their children, Iris and Lilac pushed the prior troubling poem from mind as they happily enjoyed a meal together as a family. Mochi the Cherubi keenly chowed down on a rice cake, while his new brother Kail seemed awkward and unsure until the former offered a warm dumpling. The shy Shiny Sewaddle tentatively took the bamboo-wrapped bun and bit through the string – bug eyes lighting up upon tasting savory steamed glutinous rice and meat within, proceeding to greedily devour the gluey grub.

Meanwhile, Link had managed to locate Sheik in the crowd, and upon presenting the plushie to her as a peace offering, the recipient stared in surprise – uncertain how to respond. Murmuring thanks, the two managed to share a moment of sincerity as fireworks suddenly bloomed across the sky; and drums began to beat in time to the costumed performers’ movements, winding their way down the street as one worm-like entity. Impa gracefully joined in the dance display, as did Iris and Lilac – the latter also taking advantage of the opportune timing to surprise her lover with a bouquet of blossoms, in return for all the pure affection and bliss she’d been granted since they met.

Just then, a rumble up above drew all their awareness, as an ancient Drampa deigned to leave its den to curiously investigate the raucous din, unable to resist such jubilant clamor and commotion. Impressed by its likeness, it touched down to benevolently permit youthful passengers on its back to race alongside the doppelganger. With parental approval, Mochi enthusiastically hopped on, and his mothers helped boost his brother up as well. Jess sensed her muffler move as Debbie finally awoke from all the noise, and the human held out her limb to let the excited Dratini slither up to greet her elder, who gave another regal roar before taking off to the skies with all aboard; majestically swimming through the air like a mythical image from a painting – a fabled legend come to life. Jess watched the storybook picture unfold with awe – admittedly a little envious that she could no longer participate in such fairytale flights of fancy, but content to let the young ones soar to the moon and stars in her stead…

OoC - Claiming the following:

1x Rice Cake
1x Zongzi
1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Dusk Stone
1x Box of Chocolates
1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath
1x Red Envelope containing Chocolate Coins ($500)
1x Applin Plushie
+5 Levels
(raising Lv. 43 Lilligant to Lv. 48)
1x Syrupy Apple

Feeding 1x Rice Cake to Lv. 39 Cherubi to raise him to Lv. 40.

Feeding 1x Zongzi to Shiny Sewaddle to teach him MT ELECTROWEB.

Teaching TM DRAGON CHEER to Dratini.

Feeding 1x Box of Chocolates to Delibird to teach him CM CHOCOLATE BOMB.

Giving 1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath to Lv. 52 Leavanny to raise her to Lv. 55 and teach her TM RETURN.

Giving 1x Applin Plushie to Shiny Houndour to teach her TMs CHARM & DRAGON BREATH.

Feeding 1x Syrupy Apple to Milcery to teach her XM SYRUP BOMB.

Happy Lunar New Year~

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-14-2024 at 01:53 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:07 PM   #9
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Don't tell me our youth is running out - it's only just begun.

Quote:
1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Evolution Item of choice (Water Stone)

A young businesswoman approaches the base of the stairs that lead up to the shrine, her Girafarig and Tinkatink following beside. Pausing to check her phone, she stands in her threadbare business attire - normally a natural camouflage in a crowd, today she sticks out like a sore thumb in the midst of colorful furisode, qipao, cheongsam, hanbok, ao dai - a dazzling mix of cultures coming together in bright, beautiful hues, making her Unovan corporate attire look even more drab than usual. The young woman becomes self-conscious immediately, but decides that perhaps it would be better that she sticks to what she knows. Anyway, this was the nicest of her suits. She did, at least, have it ironed and pressed. Besides, it was far too late to -

"Miss Jane! Miss Jane!"

Jane turns, to see the familiar, gentlemanly face of Samuel from the Sales Department approaching in a handsome, fitted tuxedo made of rich, jade green silk, embroidered with peacefully grinning Appletuns sporting accents of bright red and gold thread. Beside him is his faithful Watchog, Wedgehurst, sporting a matching bowtie and suspenders. The Lookout Pokemon lights up quite literally upon seeing Jane, and approaches her eagerly, offering his head for patting. Jane complies nervously, the memories of Watchog Day still fresh in her mind, yet Wedgehurst seems nothing but delighted to see her. After receiving Jane's affectionate greeting, he scampers back to a female Bouffalant that Jane does not recognize, whose afro has been carefully and intricately decorated with gorgeous gold and silver floral accents fitting the event.

"There's our light in the darkness," Samuel remarks jovially, motioning to Jane.

"Really?" An older woman's voice responds, following closely behind Samuel. Jane guessed that this woman was either a good decade older than him - or, quite possibly, a decade younger. Her face seemed older, but her eyes had a youthful spark. This spark carried through in her fashionable baby pink kimono embroidered with a Dragonair pattern in delicate pastel blue and shimmering silver thread. "Looks more like the dying Pidgey in a coal mine. Why, I'd hate to see what those bags under your eyes will look like in another sixty years, girl! My late husband - rest his soul - was lowered into the grave with a livelier expression than yours."

Jane blinks, trying to process this stranger's words in proper fashion. The tone was jovial, and yet, she felt very much attacked. Samuel is quick to interrupt on Jane's behalf, in his melodic Galarian accent -

"Our Jane has been through a lot lately, Deb. Perhaps we should be a bit more gentle with her -"

"She's young. She can take it," Deb responds with a laugh, punching Jane in the shoulder with a level of force Jane was not expecting. "And look at your Ponyta! Gods, reminds me of the last time I saw one without its flaming mane... How tragic," Deb clucks in disapproval. "You two look like you're off to the saddest pony show that ever existed."

"Please don't take Deb's words too harshly, Miss Jane. It's just how she is. W-we're friends, um, of a sort," Samuel offers, by timid way of explanation.

"I do keep the company of a number of good friends, yes. This one in particular. I'm a sucker for accents, you know," Deb adds with a wicked grin, and Samuel's face immediately turns flush.

"Erm, right, well... No sense in celebrating the New Year alone, we figured! So, it's Deb and I, along with Wedgehurst, and, uh... Tauros, you call her?" Samuel turns to Deb, who nods impatiently. "Right, yes. Deb's Bouffalant. Deb moved here from Kanto not that long ago, you see, and she's not terribly familiar with Girafarig -"

"I know a Pokemon that needs a good fire when I see one! I don't give a Rattata's ass what you call a Ponyta here, or Tauros for that matter. For Mew's sake, you don't even know what to call your own blasted country! Is it Fizzytopia? Is it Fizzby? I'm not about to listen to your proper names when you don't even know where you are. Kanto is Kanto, wherever you go, and we keep our horses well-lit!"

"He's not a horse -" Jane starts, but Deb immediately cuts her off.

"Not with that attitude, missy! Now, let's get you properly dressed before you go to the shrine. You'll give us all bad luck with that ratty grey nonsense you call an outfit."

Before Jane can so much as utter a single word in protest, she finds herself firmly guided in the direction of a local shop with gorgeous, eye-catching attire. Jane seems to immediately turn her attention to the price tags rather than the resplendant fabrics, gasping slightly at the printed numbers. "We're just browsing," Jane says immediately, almost defensively, but Deb and Samuel look at each other and shake their heads.

"Go and try something on, dear. New Year, new you, yes? Perhaps the old you couldn't afford it, but maybe the new you can..." Deb winks at the young woman, and Jane hesitates.

"I couldn't -"

Jane is cut off by a dress being thrown over her head, as she is gently pushed into the dressing room with the door slammed behind her. Laughing booms from the other side, as she can hear Deb remark to Samuel - "Bless her heart, that poor girl. Plain as a Pidgey! When are you going to drag her out of the mines, Sam?"

Jane wasn't quite sure how to parse that statement, but it seemed there was no reasoning with that crazy old lady, so she may as well try on the dress and be done with it. Sure enough, as Jane emerges from the dressing room, the fit is all wrong, the vibrant colors only exacerbate her pallid skin tone, and the embroidery irritated her skin. The bright red dress with embroidered golden scales was meant to imitate a shiny Gyarados, but Jane felt more like washed-up Magikarp.

"Haven't quite evolved into that one yet," Deb remarks with a giggle that almost seems to glitter in the air. "We'll try another!"

As Deb flits about the shop, Samuel gently makes a friendly motion to the woman in the ill-fitting red dress. "Perhaps there's a dress that you would like to try on, Miss Jane?"

Jane looks around for a bit, before pointing at a cream-colored dress. The tea-length skirt and sweetheart neckline was cute, yet simple. Deb's lips curl into a frown. "Pleasant enough, but not very dazzling, is it?"

The shopkeeper immediately stands, lifting the dress with a flourish. "From the front, perhaps," he excitedly explains, "But if you flip it around..." The pair of elder trainers gasp in delight at the sight of the intricately embroidered back, covered with the spectacular recreation of Dragonite wings in woven thread. The shopkeeper, delighted at the reaction, continues - "We've only made one other garment in this color and with Dragonite wing embroidery - a suit, in fact, which was purchased not long ago. Really, quite striking, and aside from that piece, you won't find another like it."

Jane is sent back into the dressing room with the dress in question and a pair of matching shoes, and to her surprise, this dress seems to fit her perfectly. Despite this, she looks over her shoulder at her winged reflection in the mirror, and grimaces slightly. I bet I look silly, she thinks dourly to herself. As she emerges from the dressing room, however, if anyone thought similarly, they were doing a damned good job of not showing it.

"It looks like it was made for you," the shopkeeper gasps. Even Girafarig's eyes seem to sparkle at the sight. Deb takes the initiative to quickly, but carefully sweep up Jane's hair with a simple clip, to show off the wings better. "There we go," Deb croons. "Now you look like you're ready to fly with the dragons, Pidgey."

Jane reaches for her wallet, but Deb playfully slaps it away. "That dress was made for you, didn't you hear? You'll bring us all the best of luck by wearing your new clothes with a big smile, in good health. Samuel and I have this well in hand." Deb chuckles, suddenly becoming selectively deaf to any arguments that Jane tries to make about assisting with the payment. Samuel, with a bit of mischief in his expression, tilts his head, as if pondering. "Didn't you have another Pokemon with you, Jane?"

"Tinkatink - " Jane looks around, and realizes the wily fairy had managed to run off. Lovely. The little metalsmith was tough enough to take care of herself, of course, especially in a relatively safe place like this one, but her habit of "improving" machines that didn't belong to her was always concerning, even if she was showing more restraint than when she first hatched. Hopefully, there wouldn't be too many mechanical marvels around for her to dream of disassembling...

"I'm so sorry. I have to go. I will have to request Deb's address from you at work so I can send a proper thank you card, but, uh, Tinkatink." Thinking nothing of the suit she leaves behind in the dressing room, Jane runs out of the store with Girafarig, with Samuel chuckling and waving goodbye. "Keep on shining, Miss Jane!" He calls out from behind her, with Watchog shouting his own goodbyes in turn.

Jane and Girafarig race up the stairs to the shrine, shivering against the cold and panting in their exertion, until they arrive at the top. Jane looks around, searching for Tinkatink, but her eyes soon lock on a pair of embroidered Dragonite wings, the owner with his back to her. The suit the shopkeeper mentioned fits just as perfectly on this gentleman as her own dress fits her, and despite not seeing his face, Jane knows instinctively by his posture, the hair the same mouse-brown color of her own, the sag of his shoulders, the weight he carries, exactly who this man is... He seems to be quietly admiring a nearby pine tree, which, at first glance, seems to be tied full of bad fortunes. On closer inspection, however, Jane realizes that someone has torn her old suit into ribbon-like shreds and tied it in pieces to the tree. Though her first impulse is to back away and seek out the little pink rascal that escaped her, she is caught in the intense gaze of red eyes gleaming, staring down at Jane with an ever-unreadable expression.

We have cast away your misfortunes, her Lunatone explains telepathically, lowering down to meet her.

Emerging from beneath the tree with sharp scissors fashioned from bits of scrap metal, Tinkatink grins widely, an all-too-eager accomplice. How the moon-like Pokemon managed to escape their Pokeball to recruit the fae in this madness, Jane had no idea... But there was nothing she could do. There was no repairing her suit now - at least, not without alerting the man to her presence. Backing away slowly, Jane manages to escape with her trio of Pokémon back down the stairs and into the market stalls below, where the comfort and safety of food and fun awaits.

His focus unwavering from the shreds of suit dancing in the winter winds, the gentleman in the Dragonite suit motions to a nearby Spritzee, who sits upon his shoulder and nuzzles against him.

"Does my mind deceive me..." the young man asks in a tired, monotone voice. The Spritzee coos in response, filling the man's nostrils with the scent of lavender. It is only once the scent reaches him that he decides to turn around, but Jane is already gone. He shrugs his shoulders and looks, once again, at his fortune:

LUOS RUOY MIALC DNA DNIM RUOY ESOL

With an irritated tch, he ties his fortune to the tree alongside shreds of Jane's former right pocket, and smiles slightly. For there, next to shreds of the left pocket, another fortune is tied:

LOSE YOUR MIND AND CLAIM YOUR SOUL

"...I suppose it doesn't, this time," the man finally concludes, as he turns away and takes his time descending the stairs, knowing full well that the woman whom he forever would call his blood and his reflection will do whatever it takes to avoid him.

---

((OOC: Claiming the quoted items, and giving +5 levels to Ponyta Girafarig. Thank you!!!))

Last edited by Marion Ette; 02-14-2024 at 11:27 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 04:01 AM   #10
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

During the Lunar New Year festivities a nearby town had decorated their plaza in an array of lit up lanterns and fire touches, they had banners hung and a number of shops had come together lining up each side of the street with pop up stalls offering a number of goods, food and games for the kiddos to play.

Overhead as the night sky was beginning to descend and the moon becoming more vibrant, a large yellow dragon flew across the sky while his lone passenger, a scaredy cat water bug, Wimpod looked below…

‘Wow, I have never seen so many people all in one place before…’ he was amazed, ‘Ah…I didn’t realize how high up we were!’ but frightened as he backed up a bit…

‘Hehehe!’ the gentle dragon smiled, ‘Even if you did fall, which I would never let happen, you’re a Pokémon. Remember, a fall like that won’t make you go splat or anything.’

‘W-w-where are we going anyway?’

‘We’re going somewhere with a good view, then, you’ll see the most beautiful of sights.’ Dragonite said then soared on by Evergreen Slopes, past the sea opposite town, landing on top of the rocky cliff side on a small nearby island.

The Wimpod climbed off while the Dragonite quickly went and dropped the sack of food he had gathered, laying it down in order for the water bug to be able to get to it.

‘T-thank you Dragonite…but out of curiosity what are they celebrating down there anyway?’

‘Lunar New Year, each year has a representation of an animal, this year is the year of the Dragon. Those that celebrate it believe that each animal symbolizes the kind of year we’ll have, this year will bring with it nobility, good fortune and vitality…this year will have a lot of good things occurring, but we have to still earn it too, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go and wish for things we want either.’

‘I didn’t know you of all Pokémon would want anything…’ the Wimpod looked surprised.

As the Dragonite sat down, he plopped down next to the water bug and began munching off the spread as well. ‘Hehe, why would you think that?’

‘Well, compared to me…you’re big, strong and carry yourself like nothing could possibly bother you.’

‘Am I really that superficial?’ The dragon chuckled.

‘I-I-I d-didn’t mean anything by it! I promise!’

‘Is that your wish?’

‘W-what?’

‘To be big, strong and carry yourself with confidence?’

‘I don’t know…m-maybe…’

‘You should ask yourself why you want it though, a wish is no good without a reason behind it.’

That made the Wimpod begin thinking…for what reason he may have wanted to become like that, as he looked forward the fireworks began to light up the sky, in colorful display of different shapes and some in the silhouette of fellow dragon types, as he looked on, turning to see his Dragonite friend look on at the beautiful event taking place, the Wimpod understood his reasoning.

I want to help others, just as much as you have helped me.

Collecting the following:
1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Upgrade
1x Box of Chocolates - Teaches CM CHOCOLATE BOMB
-
1x Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath - Its surprisingly pungent scent has special properties, when inhaled Bug or Fairy Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM RETURN
-
-
1x Syrupy Auspicious Apple – Teaches XM SYRUP BOMB

--

Feeding the Rice Cake to Wimpod, elevating him from level 1 to 2! For participation in the Lunar event, gaining 5 levels in the process, elevating to 7! Giving the Bouquet of Pastel Baby’s Breath to Wimpod as well, elevating him 3 levels for an increase from level 7 to 10! Learning TM Return. Thanks.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 05:59 PM   #11
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Linking Cord

-1x Bouquet of Yellow Carnations - Its refreshing scent has special properties, when inhaled Electric or Grass Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SOFTBOILED.

It had been a few years since that fateful day in the Mystical Realm, and in that time much had changed for Rory. He had finished up his field studies, he had went to college for further education, specialising unsurprisingly in entomology as his major, but to some surprise his choice of minor was floristry. Quite a few eyebrows were raised, but those didn't stay up for too long as he grafted hard in said fields, leaving with a degree in both schools.

Indeed, he was attending the Lunar New Year's festival in the recently opened Evergreen Slopes zone, and even though he wasn't the biggest fan of the cold weather or rather thin air of the mountains he at least held his head high at his works over the past year. With support from Statis and the college his ophidiphobia had been almost completely conquered, with the only serpentine pokemon to trigger any sort of response being, well, the Snivy line. Much as he accepted the wriggly blighters for what they were, one still held grudges against a species that almost killed you.

What was definitely progressive was his team, however. While Xigua remained by his side and still did, and Methea, the Larvesta he encountered all those years ago, remained in his arms, his studies had led to some major squad increases. For a start, there was Matus, who would serve to fulfil any energy requirements in the field for the forseeable future and who didn't see much point in evolving past his current Charjabug stage. Gryll and Lucan he found a couple years ago on his first proper college work trip, the Kricketune quickly becoming a favourite of his for the musical ability while the Pinsir appeared to be quite gutsy, if a little careless.

He didn't flinch at all when the large Drampa float came waltzing by, and in fact Methea was intrigued by the whole shebang, as if he saw something Rory wasn't. Perhaps the float was a few pokemon in disguise. Speaking of disguise, that was what Cinel seemed to portray to him the first time he saw him, mistaking his carapace for that of a Ledian before realising what the pokemon actually was. And then were was Kal...who was certainly a considerable oddity. What seemed to be a simple Rabsca happened to be much more, as the larval creature within the orb very much appeared to be the one in control of the soulless beetle cradling her.

He'd picked up a number of assorted items here and there from the festival, though didn't recognise many faces. Perhaps he had spent too much time studying. Then again, there was that other college buddy he had met early on during his tenure. One who he had hooked up with a few times, though nothing too lewd went on between them. Just two guys, holding hands, sometimes making out.

Pops overhead distracted him from any further possibly horny thoughts as the larva beamed at the fireworks, and he smiled at the scene. For all his travels, Fizzytopia really was his favourite region.

---

Collecting the above goodies. The rice cake and 5 levels go to my level 10 Larvesta taking him to 16. The carnations go to my level 55 Ferrothorn taking him to 58 and teaching him Softboiled because oh dear lord.

The Zongzi goes to my Annihilape teaching him the TM Bulk Up. The chocolates go to my Ribombee teaching him Chocolate Bomb. The Applin Plushie goes to Nidoqueen teaching her Charm and Dragon Breath while the sweet apple goes to my Palafin teaching him Apple Acid.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:35 PM   #12
Nidon
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

"This is something else, dont'cha think?"

Raz looked on in amazement; he'd never been to Evergreen Slopes, nor was he from a region where the Lunar New Year was celebrated. So seeing the ongoing celebrations, he couldn't help but feel... a little overwhelmed.

These people went to such huge lengths to put all this together! It's gotta be the most amazing celebration I've ever been a part of... and I'm not even from here!

Despite the sense of wonder, another distinct feeling lingered inside him. A feeling of... guilt? Seeing the locals put this much effort into welcoming the Year of the Dragon, placing their customs and traditions so proudly on display... it made him realize what true passion was. Sure, he wanted to be a great Trainer, do great things, show his family they were wrong for not giving him a chance. But how hard was he actually fighting for it? Why had he made so little progress?

Raz looked at his companion, all out of his respective PokeBalls. He had amassed quite a large team, sure, and he loved each and every one of them. But in his quest to become "the best", shouldn't he have achieved... more? Not a single one of his Pokemon had been able to evolve yet. Worse still, he was yet to have an actual, official Pokemon battle and win!

"... that's enough. I gotta step up. Who the hell am I?! These people, kids and old folks, everyone is giving it their all to keep the festivities going. They're proud of who they are, proud of their roots... I bet they spent night after night up late to put all this together."

He fought back tears of frustration and embarassment and looked to the sky. For the briefest of moments, he could swear he saw a green shape moving between the clouds.

"I swear... by this time next year, I'll be stronger. In a year's time, I'll have no regrets, nothing to be ashamed about! I never wanna feel like this again."

He felt something tug at his leg and looked down, yanked awake from his sadder thoughts. Jaeger the Nidoran was looking at him, a mix of concern and confusion on his face. The most impetuous of the group, but his closest friend at the same time, the Poison-Type had always been unusually patient when it came to Raz - a patience he displayed for absolutely nobody else. Indra, the youngest member of the team but by far the most energetic, followed close behind, beckoning Raz to join them in the festivities; the Elekid was jsut as restless as Jaeger, but in general a lot more upbeat - the speed with which he'd bonded with the rest of the group was astounding.

Raz smiled sheepishly. That's right - his Pokemon were here to have fun; not to see him moping around, wallowing in self pity.

"Sorry guys. I, uh... spaced out for a bit. Come on, let's go see what these stands are all about, okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for this event! I'd like to claim the following:
1x Rice Cake
1x Zongzi
1x TM Dragon Cheer
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Electirizer
1x Box of Chocolates (teaches CM Chocolate Bomb)
1x Bouquet of Yellow Carnations
1x Applin Plushie (teaches TM Charm and TM Dragon Breath)
+5 Levels (raising Indra the Lv. 3 Elekid to Lv. 8 )
1x Tart Auspicious Apple (teaches XM Grav Apple)

Feeding the Zongzi to Indra the Elekid teaching him EM Cross Chop
Feeding the Rice Cake to Indra the Elekid, raising him to Lv 9
Using the Bouquet of Yellow Carnations on Indra the Elekid, raising him to Lv 12 and teaching him TM Softboiled

Thanks again!

Last edited by Nidon; 02-21-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Nidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:30 AM   #13
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Charizard

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

“Sure, there’s no problem at all, happy to help!”

Inside of her large bedroom, seating on a fluffy mattress one Liza Marin had just gotten off of the phone, having been asked to help out with putting up a celebration for the local community. “Tink-a-tink!” the baby in her arms rattling around her metallic hammer she had made herself cooed.

The Lass had been asked from a number of trainers to come up with a routine in order to help bring in the Lunar New Year, she was excited but also nervous as this was the first time in a long time that she had even put any thought of the type of performance that was so similar to the types of acts she was used to putting on during contests days.

Her baby fairy dual steel type kept trying to get her attention but eventually gave up as Liza got up from her seat as she continued to rock the baby back and forth which was beginning to make the toddler like Pokémon fall back asleep, she had settled on a choice between Pokémon that were closely related to this year’s zodiac animal being honored, which were dragon types, it was without question why she would go and pick her Charizard to join in on the festivities and then there was her pup Growlithe that in lots a ways resembled the ‘lion-dragon’ mascot that they traditionally paraded around town in these sorts of events.

Now she just needed to come up with an entertaining act for all those in attendance to see.

~*~*~

The night of the festival she was waiting behind the stage when she heard the ill familiar voice of a certain woman she had the displeasure growing up with.

“Well if it isn’t little Liz…fancy seeing you here.”

A cold chill had ran up the Lass’s spine, she did her best to shake the feeling off and turned around trying her best not to seem annoyed but her tone of voice just barely managed to conceal her true feelings. “O-oh, hey there…Titi…long time no see…how have you been?” Behind her was a woman that you could say was like Liza’s polar opposite, besides being about fairly the same height, body shape which was an hour glass figure with a bit more tone, she had blonde hair, with blue eyes and a tan complexion. She wore extravagant clothing, that looked simple but if you knew your stuff, you would be able to tell the ten thousand dollar outfit she had on.

“Good, better in fact, but I didn’t think I’d see you here. I heard they were short need of trainers that could put on a good show but really getting ex-contest coordinators to bring in free entertainment.” She laughed in a crackling sort of way, using her right hand to cover her mouth, crossing it against her body in a smug way.

Something in her words, seemed to annoy Liza, “Yea well…” with the roar of the crowd and the announcement of the master of ceremonies following after caught the Lass’s attention, “Now then, how about we give them a round of applause before we welcome…”

“Listen Liza, no matter if you’ve quit being a coordinator or what, we’re still rivals and I plan to defeat you in the biggest stage there is, just you wait.”

“Huh?”

“Oh and Liza,” Titiana turned around quickly, “Good luck.” She winked, leaving Liza alone for the last few seconds she had left to compose herself before taking center stage, in their background wishing her ‘good luck’ was taboo, she might as well have told her to die .

Liza ran off into the stage wearing a red dress with a gold trim and white frills underneath her skirt, she rushed out tossing two Pokeballs, revealing her Charizard and Growlithe in a flutter of blue, red, orange and yellow embers!

Samantha the fiery red dragon took off soaring into the sky, making a circling flight pattern before shooting an array of Flame Burst, next was her Growlithe firing his own Swift star shaped attack connecting with the dragon’s move, colliding to create an explosion of fire that took shape of smaller gold ‘petals’, sparkling brightly as the Charizard flapped her wings to lift the flamed ‘petals’ on the wind.

“Great now, Leo, Aerial Ace!” Growlithe did as they had practiced a dozen of time before, jumping into his trainer’s arms as Liza met her hands with his paws, spinning him around as she twirled and sent him air born as flying energy surrounded him which allowed him to zigzag this way or that to where her Charizard was, Sam surrounding herself in an orange flare of energy Dancing around as a Dragon and Leo creating a dazzling glow while using it’s whole body to shine as brightly as the Morning Sun.

She managed to pull it off, even after all this time. She and her Pokémon panted, trying to breath after they had finished their performance and getting a small standing ovation, there was nothing at stake here, they did it because they wanted to have fun and yet they put everything they could into it.

After the show was over, Liza was thanking her Pokémon when a little girl came over with her parent, pulling them along to where she was and exclaimed, “When I grow up I want to be a Pokémon Coordinator!” She smiled and thanked her and left, she was around that age when she first saw what contests were about and that feeling she had, it never seemed to have left her even after all this time. She turned around to see her Pokémon both smiling, this is what it meant to be an artist!

Will edit usage of items later, thank you!
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:53 PM   #14
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

1x TM DRAGON CHEER
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang

-1x Bouquet of White Lilies - Its invigorating scent has special properties, when inhaled Water or Ice Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM CAPTIVATE.
-1x Bouquet of Violet Bulbous Iris - Its musty aroma has special properties, when inhaled Poison or Dark Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM RETALIATE.
-1x Bouquet of Orange Poppies - Its mysterious alluring scent that cannot be described has special properties, when inhaled Steel or Rock Types gain 3 Levels, and any Pokémon will learn TM SLEEP TALK.

A young man watched the festivities from a distance. As much as he'd like to explore the stalls and remaining activities, he knew that was a risk he could not afford to take. He was, after all, on the run.

Bunch of hypocrites. How many of those assholes already have everything they could ask for? Praying for good luck, good health... like that makes a difference!

Renji Bessho was born in Fizzytopia, but his life's journey had been more troubled than most. He always refused to go into detail, in no small part because many of his problems had been, in truth, brought on by himself. Wanted by the local authorities for stealing Pokemon, he'd been in hiding for months now, hoping they would give up the chase sooner or later. Until then, he had to remain in the shadows. Not that it troubled him; he wasn't much for social gatherings or small talk anyway.

"I told ya, I ain't going down there!"

Accompanying him were a Chimchar and Treecko, the latter of which rolled his eyes at the ape's insitence of scoping out the event. The Fire-Type was every bit as hot-headed as the man that had stolen him from the Lab, a trait the Grass lizard did not share. In fact, Treecko - equally stolen by Renji a few weeks before - displayed little interest in just about anything.

"Shit, fine, look, if you wanna go, do whatever the hell you want. I'm stayin' put. You, follow that idiot."

If Treecko's glare could kill, Renji would have fallen dead on the spot. But the Chimchar heard all he needed to - before the Grass-Type could react, the monkey was dashing full-speed toward the crowd. Treecko rolled his eyes and gave chase; he didn't care for Renji as a person, but as long as he was his Trainer, orders were orders.

Renji cursed and dropped backwards, landing on the soft grass of the hill overlooking the town square. No way he was going after them and risk landing in jail. Those two probably knew how to handle themselves... right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope I can still join!

1x Rice Cake
1x Zongzi
1x TM Dragon Cheer
1x Dragon Ball
1x Dragon Fang
1x Metal Coat
1x Box of Chocolates (teaches CM Chocolate Bomb)
1x Bouquet of Yellow Carnations
1x Applin Plushie (teaches TM Charm and TM Dragon Breath)
+5 Levels (raising my Treecko from Level 1 to Lv. 6)
1x Tart Auspicious Apple (teaches XM Grav Apple)

Feeding the Zongzi to Treecko teaching him him MT Thunder Punch
Feeding the Rice Cake to Treecko, raising him to Lv 7
Using the Bouquet of Yellow Carnations on Treecko, raising him to Lv 10 and teaching him TM Softboiled

Thank you guys!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles