UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #26
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
"A pleasure to meet you Ethan," Rowan says with a smile after his new neighbor introduced himself by his name. Ethan then leads to way to the end of the base and unlocks one of the three doors there, pointing out the sofa in the back of the room as the one for Rose to sleep on. Rowan's new friend then says he and Keith will be waiting in the kitchen, leaving him and Rose alone in the office.

"I'm going to leave you here for a moment sweetheart," Rowan says in a loving manner to his sleeping starter, "I'll be with Keith and Ethan in the kitchen, you can find me there when you wake up. I'm sure you'll pick up on my feelings and be able to locate me." He then carefully lays Rose down on the sofa and takes of his coat to place it over his Ralts to make sure she will not get cold. Rowan looks at the sleeping Rose, his face showing a loving expression and smile. He moves down towards her and places his lips on Rose's helmet, kissing her good night. "Sleep well my sweet Rose," Rowan says before he gets up and moves outside, scilently closing the door behind him.

Following the direction of Ethan, Rowan then makes his way to the kitchen where he finds Ethan and Keith. "Lovely decorated office you have there Ethan," Rowan says smiling as he enters the room, "perfectly designed for it's function and I think Rose will sleep quite well on the sofa. It looked comfortable enough for anyone to sleep on."

Meanwhile outside, Behemoth found out that the little Scraggy didn't let himself get beat too easily. After the Steelix dropped it on the ground from a stunning nine meters it just got up and started a Dragon Dance before swiping Behemoth out of balance with a Low Kick causing the Iron Snake to fall into the mountain.

As the Scolipede took care of the boulders that were falling down because of the Steelix crashing into the mountain, Behemoth himself got back up too. The Scrappy packed quite the kick, even though he got his massive defenses up, Behemoth felt more of the Low Kick than he would wish as the attack is especially effective against big and heavy Pokémon like himself.

Behemoth Curses himself for not having anticipated on such an attack, but still, he's enjoying himself too much to care as Behemoth enjoys fighting more than anything else. Then, as Scolipede's screech breaks the second boulder into smaller pieces Behemoth sees a chance to use that to his advantage and annoy that little Scraggy a bit more. He swiftly moves himself into the path of the smaller rocks and spins his midsection around to throw the rocks at Scraggy.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Detecting an attack from behind, Scraggy moved quickly to dodge the onslaught of rocks being thrown, unfortunately his efforts to evade, left his buddy Jaws vulnerable, jumping in the dragons way, the attack strikes the young lizard in his back, Argh! he groans as he slams to the ground.

--

"Sadly what he is looking for doesn't exist" James said while making his move.

Spoiler: show

"What about your trainer?" the ghost asked the other, with a glint in his eye, "Is there something his heart desires?"

--
*sniffle*

M-my n-name's Caleb the baby bear said to the floating cloth.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 04-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chuck tilted his head as James stated that what Ethan was looking for did not exist, but did not push the subject. Instead, he glanced down at the chessboard once James had made his move, and after a few moments of consideration, took his turn.

Spoiler: show

James then asked Chuck if there was anything his trainer desired. Chuck had to think about this. "Well," he said, "to be honest, he has a pretty decent life. He's an accomplished Poison-type trainer, he has many Pokémon who all care about him, or, in the case of his Basculin, tolerate him, and he has a girlfriend, and if you ask me, the two of them are perfect for each other. He even got to find his long-lost sister, albeit after she died- she's one of the Shuppet he brought out in the other room. Though he does aspire for one thing," he stated. "Only thing is, until the Fizzytopian Pokémon League reopens the Gyms, he can't exactly defeat all the Gym Leaders in battle, now can he? Your move, by the way," he added.

"It's nice to meet you, Ca-leb," smiled Helena. "Why are you cry-ing?" she asked gently.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 04-15-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: You saw nothing...
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #29
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

“Hey say Keith,” Ethan said, “I have something to show you.”

Leading the way, Ethan and Keith walked toward the back of the base, passing a couple of rooms, they stopped by one room where they found two Gastlys playing Chess.

“James, we’re going to the garden, care to company us?”

“Sounds like fun,” James said, “Why not put our game on hold, I’m sure you’ll get a kick out this.”

Reaching the door they could feel a nice salty breeze underneath their feet. Ethan grabbed and turned the nob, revealing on the other side of the wall behind the tree of the base was a giant Arena.

Ethan walked down the staircase and took off his slippers, where his feet met a nice grass plain. The carter that surrounded the garden, only surrounded ¾’s of the room, leaving for an open view of the crystal clear ocean that stretched for as far as the eye can see and a lovely sky view above.

On one side of the field, out of the border line was a young lemonchiff cat napping, while on the field a young grass lizard was training.

“This my friend, is my favorite room in the house.” Ethan said to Keith.

"While we wait for Rowan," He smiled, "Why not a friendly battle?."

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 04-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...Whoa," Keith said as he saw the room Ethan had led him to. "Yeah, I can see why," he added as Ethan explained that it was his favorite room in the house- between the battle arena, and the beautiful view, it was an awesome room.

Chuck, who had followed James into the room, looked equally awed. "Amazing," the Gastly said.

Then, Ethan challenged Keith to a friendly battle. At this, a grin slowly crept up Keith's face. "Now you're talking," grinned Keith. "I accept." He then ran over to one end of the arena, brimming with excitement- Keith enjoyed battling very much. "Alright, so, should I choose my Pokémon first, or would you like to?" he asked.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Ethan walked calmly to the other end, stretching and enjoying the salty ocean breeze and the soft cut grass unerneath his feet.

He thought for a moment, he hadn't seen Mr.T and Jaws for a while and Caleb was with Keith's Shuppet last he saw him.

With him he had 2 Pokemon he could choose from: a Gastly and Snivy.

"How about a 3 on 3 battle!" he announced, "As for my first choice...I choose my Gastly, James!"

Turning to Chuck, James said, "I'll see you on the other side, brother!" quickly floating onto the field chuckling.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 07-13-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #32
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith grinned as Ethan sent in James, his Gastly, for the battle. "OK, then," he stated. "In that case, I choose-"

"-Myr-tle," a familiar voice finished the sentence for Keith. He sighed as Myrtle appeared before him, seemingly out of thin air.

"Myrtle," Keith sighed, "I was kinda planning on using Chuck."

"Plans change," replied the Shuppet. "I have more ex-pe-ri-ence, more moves, and I am bored out of my mind."

Keith briefly considered arguing, but knew that it likely wouldn't do much good. "Very well, then," he conceded. "Myrtle, start with Night Shade! Then use Ominous Wind, and follow up with Water Gun!"
Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #33
Escalion

Where Rowan expected to find Ethan and Keith in the kitchen, the kitchen is in fact empty of human life. "Well, that's odd," Rowan says to himself slightly confused, "thought they would wait for me here. Well, nothing I can do about that, lets look for them." And with that Rowan exits the kitchen, looking for the two trainers.

After having opened the doors to the bathroom and the Game Room, with a half played game a chess on the table, he hears some sounds coming from behind a door at the back of the base. Rowan opens it and the sounds become more clear to him. "Sounds like a battle is going on there, that must be Ethan and Keith." Rowan then descends to the garden where he indeed sees the two trainers in a heated battle with Keith using his Shuppet and Ethan using his Gastly.

"A good evening to both," Rowan says as he walks into the garden and chooses spot to sit, "Enjoy your battle, I think I will just sit here and watch if you don't mind."

Meanwhile outside, Ethan's Scraggy skillfully dodged the rocks that Behemoth thew at him, leaving Gibble vulnerable to them. In response to that the Scraggy saved his friend by catching the blast, being slammed onto the ground in the process. Steelix watches the scene in great amusement, one's pain is the other's gain and Behemoth is most certainly entertained by the Scraggy.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #34
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

HONEY! the baby bear whinned to the Shuppet. I want HONEY!

--

Outside the base the Scraggy was still and lifeless like a ragdoll after being tossed to the floor. The Gible rushed over to his buddy turning him over and shaking him to wake, at first his voice was calm and soft but then he began to yell when he wouldn't get a response T, Mr.T!! he yelled. Jaws began to breath heavy, tears had formed in his eyes, finally he laid the Scraggy's hand down and faced the one responsible.

Is this what you wanted?! he yelled at the Behemoth, If you want a battle... as he spoke Flames began to spout out of his mouth, THEN BUDDY YOU GOT ONE!!!

--

In the backyard Rowan had decided to watch the battle unfold while seating on the grass. "Tsk, tsk, this won't do at all though," the young man inquired, "surely we need a referee," turning toward Rowan he asked, "why not instead of just seating there you be part of this and referee the match?"
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #35
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Caleb was whining for honey, as it turned out, and Helena found that she wasn't the least bit surprised with this development. "I sup-pose I should have seen that com-ing," she giggled. "Come on," the Shuppet said, motioning for the Teddiursa to follow her. "Let's go ask your trai-ner if you can have some ho-ney, O-K?"

Salazar watched as the Scraggy was brutally beaten down by Behemoth, and Jaws's angry reaction to Mr. T's defeat. The grey Scolipede turned to face the Steelix, looking just as pissed as his former teammate. He was tempted to get involved himself, but decided to only do so if it started to look like Jaws needed help.

Myrtle was about to start her Night Shade attack, when Ethan stated that they should have a referee. "A ref-er-ee?!" exclaimed the irate Shuppet. "What do you mean, a ref-er-ee? We don't need no stink-ing ref-er-ee!"

"Myrtle, calm down," Keith said, in Shuppet language.

"I am calm, Meat Sack," snapped Myrtle. "Would you like to see me not be calm? Because that can be arranged..."

"Just don't make a fuss over this," replied Keith. "If Ethan feels more comfortable having a referee for the battle, I don't see a problem with that."

"I sup-pose you are right," the Shuppet grumbled, speaking in English once more.

"Good," nodded Keith, also switching back to English as he turned to face Rowan. "So, what do you say, Rowan? Think you'd like to referee the match?"
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
Escalion

Behemoth lets out a low grumble, sounding like a laugh, as he witnesses the scene in front of him. The Scraggy is knocked out and now his friend is even crying, this is funny enough for Behemoth, but the tiny Gible's attempt of a threat is even more hilarious. Behemoth knows all to well he has a weakness to fire, but if Gible is serious about wanting a battle than he is more than willing to comply. And the surprise he has for Jaws is much bigger than he could ever do to him.

Though Behemoth is focused of the Scraggy and Gible, he does notice from the corner of his eye that the Scolipede Salazar has turned towards him and is looking just as angry as the two tiny twerps that choose to annoy him. Thinking about all the fun he will have turns the laughing grumble into load roars. He squashed Mr. T already, he is about to squash Jaws and on top of that he can also have a fight with a more serious opponent. Today is a good day, and with that though in mind Behemoth Curses up and prepares to sweep Jaws away with a powerful Heavy Slam.

Meanwhile inside, after Rowan announced he would just sit and watch, Ethan asks if Rowan would be willing to participate in the battle as referee. With Keith then asking too, Rowan has not much of a choice.

"Well, I would prefer to just watch it out as I'm sure you and your Pokémon can manage without, but if you insist I'm willing to help out and referee the match," Rowan looks slightly in despair, "I must say however, that this will be the first ever match I referee so do not expect too much of my refereeing skills."
Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(NOTE: Although Myrtle is now a Banette, this storyline takes place prior to her evolution. As such, she will be treated as though she is still a Shuppet for the duration of this storyline. Thank you for your understanding)

Salazar tensed up as the Steelix prepared to hit Jaws with his Heavy Slam attack, prepared to intervene with a forceful strike from his Megahorn attack should it turn out to be necessary.

Inside, Rowan seemed somewhat reluctant to take up the role of referee. In response, Chuck floated over to Rowan, grinning. "Don't worry about it," the Gastly stated. "Refereeing a battle isn't hard at all. Granted, I've never done so myself, but in the eight years between my death and my being reborn as a Gastly, I've seen many things. I have no doubt you'll do fine."

"Yeah, Rowan, I'm sure you'll do fine. Alright, let's get started, then," Keith said, he and Myrtle focusing on the battle before them. The Shuppet stared down the field at her opponent- James, Ethan's Gastly. "Myrtle, use your Shadow Ball attack! Then go for a Water Gun, and follow up with Icy Wind!"
Old 07-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #38
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

N-no the bear caught himself saying in surprise but quickly returned into his original pose of sucking his finger and having fake tears run down his cheeks, I-I don’t want to bother him..let’s just go to the kitchen, I would honestly get it myself but..I can’t reach high enough to have any. *sniff*

--

Angry and annoyed Jaws ran throwing a stream of red hot flames directly toward the Steelix as it began to curse before lifting it’s long metallic tail and preparing to strike. Gible quickly noticing the collected sand that was occionally brought by the wind from down below, focuses and begins to move the sand to his will soon concealing himself in a small storm inside, hoping that the sand veil would provide enough cover to avoid the heavy slam Gible hides thinking up his next plan of action.

--

"Well then," the trainer said, "with that settled…Gastly dodge and use Shadow Ball! Then strike with a Night Shade and don’t be afraid to Sucker Punch her."
Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Teddiursa hastily declined Helena's offer to get Caleb's trainer involved, but explained it away by claiming to not want to bother him. For good measure, he even threw in a sob story about how he couldn't reach high enough to get any honey. By now, Helena got the feeling the Teddiursa was playing her. While she honestly didn't mind this much, knowing that it was practically in a Teddiursa's nature to employ trickery to obtain honey, this also fired her up somewhat- she was a Shuppet, after all. Willing herself to stay calm, she spoke to Caleb in Shuppet language.

"Caleb," she said, "Be honest with me here. When I was a human, I had a Teddiursa of my own, so I know all the tricks. You're not actually supposed to have any honey right now, are you?" However, the Shuppet was smiling. "That said... Having trained a Teddiursa of my own, I know there's no harm in sneaking them the occasional treat," she added in a whisper. "I'd be glad to help you get some honey."
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #40
Escalion

OOC: Hope my reffing makes sense, kinda spied a bit on the ASB section for how they do it with energy/health and just went from there to have it makes sense (hopefully) and not take too long.

Rowan is carefully looking at the attacks the two Ghosts types in front of him are using and how they handle the battle. The two Ghosts float around in mid-air, circling around each other and charging up their respective Shadow Balls. Both Myrtle and James fire of their attack, the two purple sphere's collide and a struggle of power begins. It does not last long however, Myrtle's greater power and experience is a decisive factor and her Shadow Ball overpowers James'. The struggle however, makes it impossible for him to avoid the impact of the attack and James is hit severely as the ball explodes in his face.

Myrtle has already fired of her next attack while James still has to recover from the blow, but manages to do so just in time to dodge the Water Gun and send Myrtle his own Night Shade attack. The Shuppet however seems unimpressed waiting till the very last second to dodge the crimson/black beam by simply floating a few inches to the side. James on the other hand used the time Myrtle gave him good. Before she can even attempt to blow an Icy Wind Myrtle finds herself Punched in the stomach by a surprisingly solid gassy hand, Sucking all the air out of her lungs and rendering her unable to start her attack.

Myrtle
Health: 75%
Energy: 86%

James
Health: 67%
Energy: 80%

Meanwhile outside, Behemoth is busy with his own battle, easily avoiding a Flamethrower as Jaws was too angered to properly aim at the slowed down Steelix. His Sand Storm however proved more effective, with his ability kicking in Behemoth misses his target and slams his tail into the ground with great force.

However, the Iron Snake is getting more and more bored and tired of having to deal with the tiny attackers he had to face today. He lives for challenges and more than happily fights everyone who gives him a reason, like the Scraggy he beat earlier. But he is not a bully, not in his mind. For smaller victims he is a teacher, teaching them to know when to back off and keep their mouths shut. What Behemoth really wants is big opposition, strong opposition, Legendary opposition! Fighting is in his blood, he is a Steelix after all, they live to fight as a species and so does Behemoth, but a real challenge is what he wants so badly.

But now, Behemoth is losing interest in Jaws and turns away from him.The sandstorm provides him with some extra defensive boosts too and it's justs what he needs to take a nap. Just a quick one, so he can take on that Scolipede at full power And with that he roars loudly and curls up against the mountain walls.

Last edited by Escalion; 08-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Suddenly overtaken with joy the Teddiursa jumped up and down with eyes so big and bright you could of sworn he had turned into a stuffed bear, exclaiming, "Really?, HONEY!"

Having never so easily gotten what he wanted from someone without tricking them, he quickly turned and took off to the kitchen, abruptly stopping in front of the refrigerator where at the top was a see through baby bottle shaped like a bear with the name Caleb labeled on it.

"There!" he pointed to the Shuppet, "HONEY!"

--

The battle went underway and quickly Ethan noticed the difference of power between his Gastly, James and Keith's Shuppet, Myrtle.

"Don't give up!" he shouted "It doesn't matter whether they have more experience then us, after all we have our own experiences too!; Give her a one, two punch!" He said while motioning the technique, "With a Fire Punch and Ice Punch combo!, finish with a Confuse Ray!"

James having forgotten all those years ago that he watched Ethan train for a fight, be it to protect himself or to protect the people/pokemon he cared about, smiled "Boy does that takes me back!"

--

Racing, Jaws leaves his hiding place, grabbing on to the Rocky walls and begins to Climb up the cliff until he reaches the top. Quickly making a 180 the Gible jumps and dives down spiting out a Flamethrower that engulfs the napping Iron Snake below. The fire is so hot that the ground surrounding it begins to melt and spew stream into the atmosphere. Still diving the ground/dragon type smashes straight down with a Rock Smash blowing away the fire and hot air while at the same time burying the snake in it's own grave.

I'm so done with you.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 08-19-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Teddiursa's sad, sniveling demeanor changed so rapidly it nearly took Helena by surprise. Though this further convinced her that the tears were but an act, the Shuppet could not help but fall for the Normal-type's cuteness. She followed Caleb into the kitchen, where the Teddiursa pointed out a bear-shaped bottle atop the refrigerator, labeled with his name. Helena's eyes glowed blue at this point as she used Psychic to levitate the bottle off the fridge and into Caleb's paws.

Keith smirked his satisfaction as Myrtle's experience proved to give her the upper hand in the battle, for she was doing better than James at the moment. "Alright, Myrtle, use Ominous Wind!" Keith ordered. "Then go for a Hex, and give it a taste of your Sky Attack!"

"Sky Attack," smirked Myrtle, speaking in her native language. "Now we're talking, Meat Sack." The Shuppet gave an evil grin, recalling her days as a Missingno.- specifically, the few good times when she could pretty much decisively end any battle with a forceful Sky Attack, the most powerful weapon in her arsenal. Of course, back then, her arsenal consisted of Water Gun and Sky Attack, so it's not like there was much competition. Still, though, the fact remained that she had one hell of a powerful option with which to work here, and she intended to put 110% into this Sky Attack, prove that she's still got it.

Though Jaws pulled off a highly impressive combination of Flamethrower and Rock Smash to drive the Steelix into the ground, Salazar remained tense and alert- there was no telling how Behemoth would react to this. Maybe it knocked him out... maybe it only made him angry. The grey Scolipede was ready to jump into the fray at a moment's notice. Just in case.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #43
Escalion

Rowan is closely monitoring the movements of both the battling Pokémon. He sees that Myrtle is still recovering and James makes good use of the situation, being as close to Myrtle as he is James engulfs both of his hands in a bright colored energy, one hand Fiery orange, the other Ice blue. Then the Gastly spins around, executing a beautiful pirouette, and hits his opponent with both of his fists, Punching Myrtle in her face. The punches however also slap life back into the Shuppet who immediately retaliates with a super effective Ominous Wind, blowing a dark, misty wind into James who is too close by to be able to respond to it in time and therefore takes the full force of the hit.

But Myrtle is not done yet with the Gastly that hit her in the face, her eyes glow purple and black energy is collecting above her a ball. Then as the colors start to distort, a blood red eye is formed in the middle of the black ball of energy sending colored rings of energy to James who is caught in the Hex. Again he takes a good chunk of damage and needs some time to recover from the attacks. Luckily Myrtle allows him this time as she needs time of her own to charge up a Sky Attack, engulfed in a bright light she prepares to attack, but James is back to normal just in time to get off a Confuse Ray. The beams of energy fired from the Gastly's eyes hit their target and in Myrtle's confusion she is unable to finish the Sky Attack she started.

Myrtle
Health: 44%
Energy: 51%
Confused

James
Health: 21%
Energy: 53%

Meanwhile outside Behemoth is brutally disrupted in his nap by Jaws who sends consecutive attacks his way in the form of a Flamethrower and Rock Smash. Behemoth however appears to be unfazed by the attacks of the Gible, the rocks and sand from the sandstorm that covered him took most of the blast for him, lowering the effectiveness and damage on Behemoth. But the Iron Snake is not happy with the assault, no one disturbs his sleep and gets away with it and thus he gets up with the loudest roar he can muster and attempts to slap the Gible with an Aqua Tail.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Myrtle scowled as James's Fire Punch and Ice Punch attacks connected simultaneously, and was only too glad to respond with a full-power Ominous Wind, which was promptly followed up with her Hex attack. Unfortunately, while she was charging up her Sky Attack, James landed a Confuse Ray, and the Shuppet wobbled around in midair, confused.

"Damn it," Keith grunted. He considered pleading with Myrtle to try and snap her out of her confusion, but historically, this has not been a very successful tactic. That said, one tactic that's been proven to cure confusion was switching the afflicted Pokémon out, and so Keith held out the Poké Ball. "Myrtle, come back!" he exclaimed as the ball expelled a beam of red light, withdrawing the Shuppet to within. Then, he took a decidedly more sinister-looking Poké Ball off his belt- it was purple all over and shrouded in an ominous aura. Keith looked at the ball and sighed. "I hope I don't regret this, but I gotta see how well we work together in battle," he muttered to himself before throwing the ball. "Go, Stewie!" Keith shouted, as the sphere split open, unleashing his Shadow Ledian. The soulless insect hovered in midair, glancing around with narrowed eyes before turning to face his trainer.

"What's going on here?" he demanded. "I demand an explanation for this at once!"

"OK, look, Stewie, we're in a battle," Keith explained. "Your opponent's that Gastly over there, alright? Now please, please do as I say so that we can win this, alright?"

Stewie wheeled around to face James. "I make no promises, hat man," he replied.

"OK, here we go," Keith muttered to himself. Then, he cleared his throat and called out his orders. "Stewie, use Shadow Panic! Then use Safeguard, and follow up with Shadow Wave!" And from that point, all he could do was look on anxiously- it was a well-known fact that Shadow Pokémon were known to sometimes ignore their Trainers' orders. It was a gamble, but it was a gamble Keith knew he'd have to take with Stewie at some point.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-11-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #45
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Teddiursa quickly grabs and downs the bottle of honey before his pupils begin to enlarge and his paws begin to shake causing him to drop the bottle on the floor and breath heavily. Before the other Pokemon could possibly ask what the matter was, he begins to jump up and down and destroy the kitchen, opening cabinets, tossing things and breaking them. He opens the fridge and inside finds a large cake labeled "For Jumango" and takes the biggest bite of life before running out the other door...

--

Outside the front of the base, Jaws looked on as the giant steel serpent emerged practically unscratched by the attacks. I placed all I had- the dragon cursed, breathing heavily, watching desperately as his opposing enemy grinned sinisterly raising his tail surrounding it with blue water energy.

Inticapating the move, Jaws jumps to dodge the Aqua tail, succeeding, just barely to avoid the move to the right of him but before he could safely land on the ground, Steelix whipped his tail back, turning only slightly, Jaws catches the tail in his mouth and slams on the side of the cliff, the Steelix tail keeping the small dragon pinned to the wall, Jaws coughing and squirming as he tried to bite down on the tail to no avail...

He watched desperately as he began to choke and loss consciousness, every time he blinked his vision growing dimmer and dimmer I just... watching as his friend Mr.T lay unconscious on the ground ...wish I was a strong.. blinking again and looking at his friend Salazar one last time ...as strong as you... the last time he blinked he shut them tight with a tear falling from his eyes before being taken over by a singular white light. The transformation only took a second and when the light vanished the dragon had gained a new body eyeing the monster with a mean menacing look.

He was beaten down and barely able to move, if he had even the slightest chance now was the time to use that. Biting down on the tail he mustered everything he had left...DRACO METEOR

--

On the other side of the base, in a hidden garden, the trainer with indigo hair was having the time of his life. This feeling...how long has it been since I've been in a real battle?, trainer vs trainer, two Pokemon giving it their all! watching as his Gastly had masterfully made ever move connect, he was ready to give his starter a few new orders when his opponent had decided to retrieve his Shuppet for another. But when he saw what the other trainers choice was "Thats-" horrified by the thought of his past Shadow Pokemon making an appearance Ethan hoped to Arceus that his insurance was up to date..."James come back."

Sighing deeply the boy's Gastly floated toward the other Gastly saying something underneath his breath "I'm too old for this-" he said before the trainer's Snivy, Chris appeared next to them, suddenly without a sound. Nodding at him and with a simple look gave James all the reassurances that he did his best, "Thank you."

Deciding who he would use next the trainer looked around and arrived at the only possible choice he could. Facing toward the open ocean the boy put two of his fingers to his lips and whistled as loud as he could before yelling out "DEIGO!!!!"

A slient wind passed through the arena before suddenly a shadowy figure appeared from the edge of the cliff, and just as swiftly but gently, a blue Jellicent made its way onto the field.

"I need you to do battle, you up for this amigo?"

<<Listo>>

"Good, keep him at bay with a Bubblebeam, his a flying type so disrupt his flight pattern with Omnious Wind, given the chance make sure to Recover."

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-12-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #46
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

In the healthy afternoon glow, with the light cascading through the open blinds, shining brightly on a small, husky practically sloth like Pokémon- Munchlax. Squinting his eyes due to the burning sun, Jumango got up trying to block it out with one of his paws. Before seating up and yawning loudly.

With his head drooping low as loud static played on a TV screen having left it on after a marathon of watching some shows, movies and playing some videogames; having passed out after scarfing down 2 Pizza’s and downed a liter of Coke. Surprisingly that was just the per appetizer. He had told himself to take it easy on the food but…

Running past the living where he was, Teddiursa stopped in his tracks as he saw Ju had barely started waking up. Slowly backing up from the big eater, the Munchlax turned to face him before the little trouble making bear bolted, and not looking at where he was going bumped into a small egg shaped Pokémon. The collation resulting in Caleb falling on his tail rubbing his knee from the crash and Togepi falling on her bum welling up with tears, trying her best not burst out crying. Teddiursa looked at her panicking, if Ethan found out he had made her cry, he was in for it. Please, don- too late…

"WAHHHHHHH!"

That woke up Jumango.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 03-06-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:37 PM   #47
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Return 1

Night had set in, the stars glimmered in the sky. A gentle breeze had rolled in, the trees whistled slightly…it all happened in a flash.

The wind began to bellow and in the sky, a glimmering slash seemed to rip a hole in the space time continuum.

A particle warp-hole opened wide in the sky, the size of a 4 door sedan. An unconscious male figure shot out as a jelly like creature with two arm like appendages propped right out from behind.

Plummeting 20 feet from the ground, the trainer couldn’t relay any orders to his Pokémon, instead the Reuniclus he had as a companion had to rely on the trust and training his trainer had put him through.

‘I’m limited to my psychic powers right after that- only thing I have the strength for, is having someone give me a helping hand.’

Unclipping a pokeball from his trainer’s belt with his Psychic powers, the Reuniclus tossed the ball ahead of it’s trainer.

‘Go! Teddy!!’

The heavy ball, with its weight hurdled faster to the ground before opening up and producing a Snorlax on the ground, a loud thud echoing through the night. The Peat Pokémon with its back on the ground, with its stomach cushioning the trainer’s blow as he gentled bounced on the Hisuian Pokémon’s stomach.

A heavy sigh of relief as the psychic type landed on the ground, finally he could rest, the whole ordeal was quite a heavy one to bear, but where they were now was anyone’s guess.

“Uuuuurrrr~”

The trainer’s eyes slightly opened, ‘Wait…I’m back?’

“Give me a sec” the trainer said as he struggled to roll off and slide off of his Ursaluna’s stomach, “I think I’m gonna throw up.”

He hurled the food one of his Pokémon had made early in the morning.

‘Things may look dire but, at least I think I know where we are.’ The psychic type chimed in.

“Ughhhh. Barfffff.”

“Uuuurrr.”

‘You said it, but we can’t think of that now.’ The psychic type commenting on the waste of food being thrown up.

The smell of sea breeze is what brought the trainer life again, taking in a few deep breaths in, he inhaled from his nostrils as he exhaled from his dry mouth, a sense of calm washed over him and he felt his head feel a little clearer.

That familiar smell, “It couldn’t be…?” He thought out loud, though his psychic type could hear the inner workings of his mind, his Ursaluna couldn’t, and asked, “Snor?”

‘Teddy is asking if the familiarity he is sensing around his surroundings is the island we once lived on?’

“Seems off but I’m not sure what year it is or how long we’ve been gone so I can’t be too sure yet, but if it is our old base might be off yonder…well, no point wondering I guess.” The trainer said, with a small amount of joy in his smile, one that lit his eyes ever so lightly, “Might as well check it out.” Unclipping an all too familiar pokeball with a dragon sense.

“Go! Jaws!” The trainer proclaimed tossing up a pokeball containing a tried but beat up Garchomp that had just enough strength to run a few miles.

“You think you’re up to going and have a look see?”

“Garrrrrr!” The proud ground/dragon type roared, tossing his head down and upside to lift his trainer up.

‘Whoa!’

Lifting him to his shoulders Ethan adjusted himself up on top of his mighty dragon Jaws before the jolly dragon began to take off like a rocket, the man now returning his Ursaluna and Reuniclus back inside their poke balls as his dragon leapt up and dashed its way to the coast.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:49 PM   #48
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Return 2

As the trainer and his gleeful dragon made their way to their old home, down hill, they didn’t see the looming danger behind them...

Two glimmering slashes appeared in the sky, both were roughly the size as the worm hole that the trainer had come out of.

From one of them a man practically floating out from the ground came out riding on top of his Metagross, the Steel/Psychic type’s ‘iron legs’ adjusted outward as it slowed it’s pace to the soft grass blades below.

From the other, two grunts- his right hand, nay- left hand goons dropped out with a two successive loud thuds, one heavier than the other.

*thud* *THUD*

“Will you get off of me!” The thinner and but taller framed man said as his companion who was quite bigger and wider had landed on top of him, “Sorry Vinny!”

Carol, shaped more like a gumball, rolled off of his companion’s back.

Vinny, who if he had any less body fat on him Carol the bigger man would’ve crushed his ribs severely, the thinner man just pushed himself off of the ground and dusted himself off, Carol continued to struggle on that department as he tried to shake himself up right.

“Damn it Carol, when are you gonna stop eating those Malasada! They’re nothing more than sugar!”

“I…*huff*…don’t…*huff*…believe…*huff*…you!”

While the two men bickered and Vinny helped his useless companion up…the older gentleman standing upon the world on top of his magnetized shiny Metagross had his eyes focused out yonder, the rolling green grass that blew softly from the ocean breeze, he was silent, in a menacing kind of way, and though his face was calm, a seething rage hotter than the sun, was being held back… “Soon, my child, soon.” He spoke eloquently, “Soon you will be forced to face the harsh realities of this world- and the next.”

Jaws was having the time of his life, he sprinted faster than he had ever had even in his younger days. Six years was a long time to be away from the place they called ‘home’, his battered body, with his scraps, scars and recent injuries would tell you a different story. ‘Gaaarrrrr!’ He roared happily as his trainer riding on his shark fin back held him tight from above, using his left hand to gently rub the jet pokemon’s head.

“We’ll be there soon…soon, we’ll have our answers…” the answers they had been waiting for half a decade now. “Why did the world split into two.”

Carol and Vinny had seen better days.

Carol the heavier set men of the two, was nothing more than a glutton with low self esteem.

Vinny, while skinnier was also taller, that made more evident with his partner’s larger wider frame.

Now the two thugs had lived much of their lives together- that or it seemed that way anyway, with all the time they’ve spent together.

While they both bickered at each other over the years…

“Damn it Carol!” Vinny hit Carol over the head.

“Why did you do that for Vinny, that hurt!” Carol whined.

“Cuz, yous causing too much of a problem.”

Oddly enough the two cared for each other.

Their fondness for each other translated to their Pokémon that they raised.

Carol called his… “Steelix!”

Vinny on the other hand called out his… “Aggron!”

“After them!!” Their boss yelled.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:59 PM   #49
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Return 3

The cave was damp, the curved rocks and columns of stalagmites showing only the true owner the right passage…the well worn path no longer existed but the trainer didn’t need it, he knew the way home.

“Return Jaws,”

‘Grrrr.’

“It’s gonna be ok buddy, I’ll be fine.”

With a flash his loyal dragon returned.

A hand in his pocket he retrieved his old pokedex, he pushed the switch which opened the device and he located the flash light feature.

The trainer trekked his way through the cave, his breathing visible in the air as he huffed and buffed his way.

‘Nice to be home isn’t.’ A velvet dark and smooth voice spoke behind the trainer.

“James, you’re awake…I wasn’t planning to waking you till we got further inside.”

‘Y-yaaawn.’

“We’re almost there.”

Up a hidden pillar, the trainer pressed against the wall, which triggered a mechanism behind the rock wall to shake and shift and move out of the way revealing a hidden passageway, his ‘shadow’ presently on guard, they rose up a craved staircase and before long they reached a wooden door, the scent of sea salt bringing the man back- to a few years ago…

It happened sixish years on a hot summer night…

The night was a hot one and despite being so close to the seaside mountain the weather still made it feel like it was a hot oven.

“I’m dying!” The man whined, in a black-t that was not made out of cotten but polyester, shorts and was sticking his tongue out with a fan moving left and right trying to cool him down.

“James! Bring me something cold to drink!” He called for his faithful servant a ghostly fanged sphere of gas.

‘Yes Master Ethan.’ The Gastly jokingly phrasing it in a way one of the man’s favorite cartoons from his childhood, that of a man that lived in a cave and had his family servant aid him in his crusade against villainy.

Ethan shot up as he was handed a glass of iced lemonade, he sipped it till it was all gone, “Ahh~”

The man lay back and just sighed.

Summer was just one of those times that gave the trainer perspective, he was restless but had nothing planned to do and much of his Pokémon didn’t seem to mind, being so close to the oceans waves and sandy beaches, they had a nice place to relax and play.

The sun was setting a little at that point which would make the breeze colder and the trainer’s body cool enough for him to fall asleep.

‘Don’t forget, everyone is waiting for the sun to go down so they can light up some fireworks…Ethan…Ethan? Ethan are you even listening?’ James quickly found the trainer sleeping, sighing in shrugged shoulder way, ‘I’ll let them know we’ll postpone it for another day…’ leaving the trainer to catch some z’s.

When Ethan woke, he could hear the sounds of fireworks, which prompted him to jump out of bed and look out of his window, ‘Why didn’t they wait for me?!’
Old 01-07-2024, 04:38 PM   #50
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Return 4

“Damnit James, I thought I told you guys to w-!” It was the last thing the trainer said as he stepped out of the base’s entrance and what he discovered were his set of Pokémon all on an old fashion cowboy stand off against a number of odd Pokémon he didn’t recognize or know, belonging to a trio of trainer’s waiting for him. The scent most of all that came from the Salamence by striking women in hunting gear.

“Ah, you must be him- the one we’ve been looking for, not like we didn’t already know who you were but getting the evidence and lying in wait for you to make yourself known took some time, didn’t it?.”

Before him were three trainers, but they sure as hell didn’t look like your typical trainer’s, they looked more like-

“We’re bounty hunters….” The main person, most likely the leader said as a big guy with a funny looking cowboy hat whistled and hollered, chiming in, “And boy it wasn’t easy!”

Ethan looked around at his own Pokémon, they all looked about geared up to fight so what was preventing them- “Ethan don’t.” his Gastly materialized from thin air.

“Yes, please do listen to your Pokémon won’t you?” The final of the trio made themselves known. “Your Pokémon are smart enough to have not attacked because we have these three, she no sooner snapped her fingers when a Malamar appeared from the side of the rocky cliff side holding a net containing the trainer’s Togepi, Scraggy and Teddirusa…they had seen better days, beaten and a bit scaffold.

Ethan was seething mad but at the same time powerless to do anything, he scanned his surroundings for options but wasn’t coming up with anything, eventually he choked on his spit and asked those holding his Pokémon hostage, “What do you guys want?”

“How about we have ourselves a chat.”

As Ethan reached the end of the passage to his old base he came to find it in the final state he had left it in.

The smell of burned cinder still hung slightly in the air with a mix of musk from the wet and burned down wood in what once constructed his base.

Before the building was left on the center stage of the mountain overlooking a lavish ocean cliff side but from his end where he stood one could easily see right through the opening left behind, he thought back on the memories he and his Pokémon made, the home they built and yet this was all that was left of it.

As Ethan stared at the bright moon illuminated in the sky, its reflection across the ocean below…he was quickly brought back by the earth shaking quake that leveled the ground beneath his feet!

Before he could get a grip two towering Pokémon came and cornered him in the center of where his living room once was, he was stuck between an Aggron and Steelix with both Pokémon having their respective trainer’s riding on top of them.

“Vinny…Carol!”

“Did you miss us?!”

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases