UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 12-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird Secret Santa 2013: I'm Dreaming of a #FFFFFF Christmas

Ho ho ho! It's true, the best I could do for a title is a lame hex code joke that's probably older than Pokemon Yellow! But don't fret, there'll be less bad joking and more present posting as I rise from the large pile of last-minute submissions (see main thread) and figure out what goes where.

As mentioned in the main thread, if you don't have your stuff done until after all of the work is posted, you can just post it here - no need for a middleman. Thanks again to everybody who volunteered and submitted requests!

Previous Secret Santa Presents threads: 2012, 2011.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

First off, we have an art request from lilbluecorsola to Mozz! When asked to summarize her work, Yuki said, "I'll deck your boughs with honey, baby."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz
Wobby drunk next to/under a Christmas tree
Spoiler: show
Old 12-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

To follow up from that, we have Lanturn giving MCXD a... downright legendary writing request:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCXD
Writer, all of the Pokeworld's important legendary Pokemon have gathered together to catch up and discuss important (and not so important) things. Please write a short story based upon this premise - either with some sort of plot, or simply as an excerpt of their discussions and interactions.
Special Party
Mount Coronet stood tall and proud. Amidst the explored Sinnoh Region, laid a tall peak that topped any other mountains in size. Multiple floors of unknown reigned superior than human’s exploration as it discourages excavations but encourages adventure.

At the unknown peak laid a clearing, one laid with white stones and ruins. A shrine it had been, long forgotten by mankind as nature and time combined their strength to eat through the once grand place.

It had been completely different. The snowy winter sky had cleared and the ruins seemed to be exerting life. That was not the most amazing thing.

People revered or respected the unseen, branding them as legends.

What would happen if they saw all of them, gathered together, on a single mountain peak?

That’s what exactly had been happening.

“Hey Celebi!” a voice called from behind me. Turning back, I saw Shaymin. She looked elegant with her wings and shy was the most unlikely word to describe her. Contrary to her looks, it was. As she glowed yellow and shrunk into a small grass type, she seemed more of a tamed, shy and polite girl.

I arced over to a side to avoid getting trampled by Palkia and hearing him mutter a ‘oops, sorry, didn’t see you there’ as I shifted towards Shaymin. Shaymin looked gorgeous, her flowers were red with life and her hair was green with energy. We were good pals because we both love nature and try not to destroy it, unlike some other Pokemon.

I was about to greet Shaymin, when a shadow circled under us. Ears flickering with alarm, Shaymin dodged out of the way. Unfortunately, I was not as nimble, or alert. A huge serpent-like Pokemon erupted from the shadows, surprising the visitors that loitered in the lobby.

Giratina’s presence was rarely graced in this world. Travelling between both worlds caused him a lot of pain, as the matters that made up this world and the Distortion World were different. He had no problems with being alone, he liked it that way.

As he set his foot on the grounds, Mew teleported in alarm, avoiding a flattening treatment while Victini let loose an accidental V-Create at the clouds while moving away. The fire attack split the clouds in a V shape, but no one paid attention to him.

As Giratina rose, he crashed into me. It was more of a flea bite to him and an explosion setting in close proximity to me. Rubbing my head, Giratina barely noticed as he glared at Dialga, munching away at some huge boulders.

His entrance brought an awkward silence, but it wasn’t long before everyone continued to chatter like nothing happened. We were legends and after all, we had seen some seriously crazier stuff.

“Celebi, you okay?” Shaymin asked she plodded towards me as I rubbed my head. She shot a dirty glance to Giratina, who started arguing with his two brothers, before returning her attention on me.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied. We found ourselves a less crowded corner at the ruins to avoid getting flattened while chatting. Apparently, Shaymin’s Meadow was as distant and untouched as ever, while humans were tearing their guts out arguing about the deforestation of Ilex Forest.

“Caaaaaaare if I jooooooin you?” a melodic voice popped from behind us. It was Meloetta, singing. Most found her singing legendary and beautiful, and so do I, except it was part of her talking style that it got annoying over time.

“Meloetta,” Shaymin sighed. “Isn’t today your dancing day?”

“Noooooooo,” she half sung and half replied, “I feeeeeeel this activity is mooooore suitaaaaable fooooor this daaaaaaaa-”

A blast of wind picked her up and she disappeared. Mildly surprised, we turned and identified a Pokemon with the shape of a jet. Genesect grinned mischievously as he gripped Meloetta on one hand. The singing Pokemon started to growl, but it sounded more like singing, before Genesect darted into a distance.

Genesect was the latest addition of a ‘legend’. Arceus identified the deep potential in Genesect, and despite him being a man-made Pokemon, Arceus thought it would be wise if it was kept as a wild soul than a human-owned Pokemon. He ‘knighted’ Genesect as a legend, and some respected him for his great firepower and speed.

Speaking of humans, two pink orbs circled the sky, bumping into one another. It may seem like fighting, but it was really Mewtwo having fun with the playful Mew. Despite the former being younger than the latter, it always seemed to be the other way round. Mew was a protected and childish Pokemon while Mewtwo had braved hardships to create his mature persona.

Lost in my thoughts, it took Shaymin a few taps to get my attention back.

“Celebi, what are we here for by the way?” she asked.

“To be honest, I have no idea,” I replied truthfully. “I just got like an inviting message and I’m here! Most likely some not-so-fun formality event of the duty roster for the next millennia.”

“It’s a pity you think the event I suggested will be boring,” a voice called behind us, and we shivered.

The icy bird grinned at us. Someone should always remind him that whenever you stood close to him, you would get a quick shock, which was far from the best thing grass types would want.

“Hey A-a-articuno!” Shaymin greeted as she gritted her teeth, trying to bear the cool winds Articuno had been exerting.

“Why are you stammering?” Articuno grinned, obviously unaware. “Am I too scary or something? I dunno, why are grass types all so scared of me? They don’t get that reaction when Moltres talks to them. I feel unloved.”

“O-O-Of course n-n-not,” I replied while forcing a smile. It was obvious that my teeth had been clattering. Unfortunately, while Articuno could easily see that, he failed to see his cool aura chilling us grasses.

Reshiram walked past us, and it felt even worse. The temperature plunged from hot to cold back to hot again. Reshiram had the ‘fiery aura’ thing too. Articuno felt it as well. His eyes were suddenly set on the hilariously oversized-in-comparison dragon, and they started arguing, like polar opposites, which technically, they were.

We took the liberty to walk away. While we preferred warm temperatures than cold ones, arguments between legendaries often involved harsh blast of winds and fireballs, none of which could be good for us.

Walking, we saw Rayquaza curled up in one side. Rayquaza was one of the more sensible legends, and talking to him usually did not involve fireballs. He was also helpful in providing good weather. While Manaphy loved extreme rain, we disliked in, and while we love warmth, extreme drought would be horrible.

“Hey Rayquaza,” Shaymin greeted, “where’s Groudon and Kyogre?”

Rayquaza blinked. It was obvious that he did not see us, before he peered down and looked at the tiny figures at his tail.

“Oh hey guys… girls,” he coughed awkwardly. “These two pranksters are uh… at home.”

“Why didn’t they come to this event?” I asked, rather curious.

“Well, er. I forced them, I mean, asked them to stay home, because of this recent prank, I mean, accident, that destroyed six islands,” Rayquaza replied, obviously embarrassed.

“Must be hard being a parent, eh?” Shaymin stated as Rayquaza nodded eagerly.

Before we could continue or discussion, a roar echoed through the clouds, catching the opportunity of everyone. The clouds split in half as a huge, red phoenix sliced through it, tailed by another huge white bird. Revealing a staircase leading to a huge white altar, a powerful roar echoed through the ‘lobby’.

“It’s Arceus,” Shaymin whispered to me, in respect of the silence.

“Alright, everyone, today,” Arceus, being the great public speaker he was, started, “we are here to celebrate the coming of a gift-filled, fun but not for us Christmas!”

He took a look to his right, and he realised something was very wrong. It was definitely not Christmas when the sun was blazing outside,

A few giggles broke out in the ranks of the legends. Mew even took the initiative to start laughing openly.

“I declare this event is in the state of Ponyta, carry on!” Arceus muttered, embarrassed.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Next up, we have redpanda15 carrying out Jerichi's sort-of-meta writing request. I managed to get a few words out from red about his work, and he said, "Hopefully this is what you wanted. I tried to include some other characters that you might recognize."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi
Regrets of a Pikachu in a Holiday Secret Base
Another crash was heard as a small yellow figure ran around frantically. “My vase!” can be heard right before the sound of something smashing resonates throughout the cave. A Pikachu steps into the light, looking around nervously. “Why did I invite so many people to a holiday party? I’ll never be prepared in time!” The pokemon rushes off again before reappearing with arms full of small folding tables. “I suppose it is my fault for taking so long to start setting all of this up, though,” the Pikachu adds. He throws a glance towards the door, praying that no one knocks on it. “What am I doing? I have to get back to setting up!” The Pikachu grabs lights, and ornaments, chairs, food, and games, throwing them around haphazardly to set up as quickly as possible. Wiping sweat off of his forehead, the Pikachu exclaims, “Done!” Not a moment later, though, a faint knock is heard on the door. It grows louder. And louder. “The door! The door, oh dear I must open the door before they-” Before Pikachu can finish, the door explodes into wooden splinters, flying everywhere. Other pokemon pour through the door. “Nice party Pikachu!” “This food is delicious!” “Oh, what a lovely doll!” The electric mouse greets all the party guests one by one, losing himself in small talk. After an hour of chatter, the party begins to get crazy. A Wobuffet can be seen swinging from a chandelier, throwing insults at some of the younger pokemon, while an Eelektross shoots off sparks in every direction. Pikachu attempts to make his way out of the crowd, but is stopped by a dancing Ludicolo glaring at a Politoed. “Let’s all be friends here guys!” said Pikachu, but his voice was drowned out by the music. “Why did I have to host this party,” Pikachu mutters as he finally reaches the end of the crowd. As he slumps down against the cave wall, another voice speaks up. “Get off my tail!” Pikachu jumps up, hitting his head on the wall. “Who said that?!” he exclaims. “It’s just me you silly mouse.” Pikachu looks to the left, and a Kecleon seems to appear out of nowhere. “Jeri! I thought you weren’t coming!” Pikachu yells as he hugs the green reptile. “Eh, I decided that it couldn’t hurt to come out and see everyone,” Jeri continues. “And I never mind seeing Kairne,” he says, glancing into the crowd at a Dewott dancing on a table. “You should go talk to him!” Pikachu says, poking Jeri in the rib. “I think he really likes you.” A smile forms on Jeri’s face. “Really? You think so?” he says excitedly. “I know so. And he just so happens to be under the mistletoe too.” Pikachu replies. Jeri gives him a wave before running off towards Kairne. Pikachu smiles and sits back down on the ground, leaning his head against the wall. Just when he thinks the party is finally dying down, a rumbling can be heard from the ceiling. Not a moment later a massive yellow Snorlax crashes through the roof of the cave while yelling “Kush is best!” An Articuno and shiny Altaria follow the yellow behemoth, shooting off ice beams and other sparkly attacks. The crowd erupts into mayhem, throwing anything they can pick up and attacking anyone within reach. “And I just got this secret base too!” Pikachu yells as the rest of the cave collapses.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Now we're moving on to another art request, this time requested by kaisap112 and carried out by Hanatori, who really really really hopes the Pumpkaboos are cute enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112
A group of five Pumpkaboos (they can be doing anything the artist chooses, but I'd like the picture to be cute :3)
Old 12-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

When asked of this following art request for Lucario188, Mozz said, "I'm so sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario188
Pokémon present (open to interpretation)
Old 12-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

If you're wondering how we're going to follow up SEXYPOKECHRISTMAS, look no further! Over here we have a writing request from Jerichi to redpanda15:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda15
A short piece about Christmas at the Ketchum's house, without Ash since he's away on a journey. Nothing dirty though!
Delia busied herself in the kitchen with the dishes, something that she normally didn't do now that she had the help of her faithful Mimey to tend to these sorts of things. She, however, had insisted this time, trying her best to make the Psychic take a well-deserved break. As she scrubbed the plates, though, she could hear him mulling around in the next room, likely fussing with the furniture or dusting busily to fill these idle moments. Delia sighed and shook her head, knowing that she couldn't stop him from helping out. His help was invaluable, as was his company. Delia sighed. It was the first Christmas since Ash had left on his journey, adventuring all around the Pokémon world, fresh dreams of becoming a Pokémon master dancing around in his head. The house had been particularly quiet since then, but today, Christmas Eve, was the quietest of them all. Putting the last dish on the drying rack, she turned to the mime, who was now coordinating a fleet of feather dusters with his telekinetic abilities, deftly dancing them around the decorations dotted about the house. Delia giggled a little, glad that Mimey was enjoying himself at the very least. When he noticed Delia watching him, he jumped, dropping the dusters.

"No, no, Mimey. Continue! You looked like you were having fun." Delia laughed lightly.

The mime smiled, continuing his cleaning. Delia began to take a seat at the table to watch the show, but before she could, there was a light rapping at the door. "Oh!" Delia jumped back to her feet, "I wonder who could be here so late?"

She flitted to the door, opening it slowly as not to let in the cold. "Professor Oak!"

"Good evening, Delia. I hope you don't mind me stopping by so late."

"Oh, no, no, it's no problem! Please, come in out of the cold."

"Thank you, Delia."

She opened the door widely, Oak quickly stepping in before she struggled to shut it against the forceful wind.

"May I take your jacket, Professor?"

"Sure. And please, call me Sam."

"Oh yes, Sam. Can I get you anything?"

"I'm fine."

"I was just about to make some tea. Would you like a cup?"

"Sure," Oak took a seat, straightening the white coat he always wore.

A few moments later, Delia came back with a tray, offering Oak a cup and taking one for herself before sitting. "What brings you here so late?"

"I thought you could use some company, considering you're all alone for the first time on Christmas."

"Well, that's quite kind of you. Thankfully, I've had Mimey here with me for the past few months, so I haven't been too lonely."

"That's good to here. He looks like he's quite helpful," Oak chuckled, watching as the dusters and now the broom all circled the room, flicking back and forth in time.

"Yeah, he's been a blessing..."

The two silently watched the mime work for a moment.

"It's been nearly a year since the boys left," Delia finally spoke, breaking the warm silence, "I wonder where they are?"

"I'm sure they're adventuring, having fun, being young."

"Yeah, you're right."

"I miss him, too. Gary."

"I know you do. He was like a son to you."

"Such an ambitious boy."

"I'm sure he'll do great things."

"As will Ash."

"I do hope so. He's always had such big dreams..."

"And he's sure to see them come true some day soon."

There was another lingering silence.

"Thank you, Professor."

"For what?"

"For being here."

Oak smiled, "Merry Christmas, Delia."

"Merry Christmas, Sam."
Old 12-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

When DaveTheFishGuy made a writing request for an explanation of something in the Pokemon world, it landed in Shadowshocker's hands. Funny how these things work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy
An explanation as to why Goodra looks like an incomplete Dragonite clone. Minimal Goodra hate plz.
The Study of Pokémon Origins: Entry K706

Similarities between Pokémon are evident and observed by even the most casual of analyses, to the point that sometimes even defining differences are almost ignored. The query in this paper refers specifically to that between Dragonite, an all-time favoured subject of study, and Goodra, one of several native species living in Kalos. Some have drawn parallels between the two indigenous species - peaceful draconic creatures, with a notable affinity towards aquatic environments and having three stages in the course of their life cycle. Could a theory explain the similarities? Are they actually far more similar than we might have realised? The answer, perhaps, lies not as a singular explanation but the culmination of various factors gathered over months of study.

The Advent of Fairies
For years, Dragons were a force to be reckoned with as far as Pokémon were concerned. Typically blessed with powerful offences and respectable staying power, and the fact that very frequently, the only solid counter for a Dragon was another Dragon, Dragon-type Pokémon enjoyed their position as an apex combatant, predator and all-round dominant species. Mystical and rare as they were, when they showed up on the fields of war, the battle would be all but decided on whose Dragon was stronger.

This would change with the development and research into the Kalos region, where one of the major discoveries in Pokémon research spelled a proverbial death knell for Dragons. Perhaps due to legendary Pokémon influence or the unique geographical makeup of the region (some claim that the phenomenon of Mega Stones is likely to be exclusive to the Kalos region), a new element in Pokémon biology emerged, deriving its power from magic and nature. Fairies, feeding off the might of undisturbed nature abundant in Kalos, stepped up to the plate as new guardians of pristine environs. Dragons soon found themselves in quite the pickle, as their once incredible power was absorbed by these new creatures, realigned and thrown back at them for cripplingly effective damage. Worse still, other Pokémon such as Azumarill and Gardevoir underwent new changes as their latent natural powers surfaced in the form of Fairy-type identification. Dragons had been rudely upstaged by the new unassuming category of Pokémon.

While they had never been a highly populous group in any region's overall demographic scene, the abundance of Fairies drove them even further away into Kalos' enclaves. Where large settlements existed in other regions (such as Hoenn's Meteor Falls and Johto's Dragon Den) dedicated to them, this was much less the case in Kalos where most of the basic forms of Dragons are scattered.

An Aquatic Dragon By Any Other Name
Driven to different, isolated environments, Dragon Pokémon soon adapted themselves in various fashions where they could stave off the Fairy hordes. Bagon associated themselves with the cliffs of Route 8 where they could dream of flying off clifftops. Gible swarmed the barren wastelands where no Fairies dare treaded without natural energy to draw from, relying on their own affinity for the earth. Meanwhile, Dratini and Swablu retreated to the area around Route 21 where their habitat would not be disturbed by sticky Swirlix or brawly Snubbull.

Those Dragons near Route 14, however, would not be so lucky. Aquatically oriented as they were, they lacked the natural poison affinity of Kalos' other living Dragon, Dragalge. Being near Laverre City, the power of nature honed by Fairies troubled them (to the point that until this day, the Gym Leaders have favoured the mystical, ephemeral Fairy type), forcing them into the swamps. No longer top predator, the Dragons there deformed into simpler forms adapted to the swamp water. Goomy, the base form of this species, would assimilate the viscous liquid it lived in as a part of its secretions. Reduced to a footnote on the food chain, it developed a highly flexible, durable body to ward off most blows, and armoured itself with acidic substances in hopes that Fairies would not search for it.

Having attained this primordial form over time, Goomy populations resurged to the point that running into one in the swamps of Route 14 today is not an uncommon occurrence. Yet this association with stagnant water would leave profound effects on its subsequent biology - a lack of running water like that experienced by the eel-like Dratini and Dragonair resulted in a gastropod-like appearance in its evolved form, Sliggoo, similar to other non-draconic Pokémon such as Magcargo and Gastrodon. With a portion of its body coiled up into a rudimentary shell form, Sliggoo did not require the streamlined-body structure of its cousin in Dragonair. Despite evolution, Sliggoo did not shake most of the drawbacks experienced by Goomy; its elemental capabilities were not developed beyond its high affinity for its aquatic environment.

The above would subsequently characterise Goodra, the titular subject of the original theorised query. Certainly, many within the community of combat researchers pointed out numeric similarities between the two; yet, Dragonite remains stronger in its control over elements and - to put it bluntly - being a superpower that easily plows through its enemies in battle. Goodra, on the other hand, remains bulky and non-agile; many Trainers believing the two to be similarly powerful have definitely been disappointed. Again, this is attributable to the aforementioned differences in heredity and environment. It is a known fact that Dragonair, not just Dragonite, have mystic flight numbered among their resumé of powers; an ability that the Goomy line was never blessed with considering their practical exile to the swamps. Goodra specialises primarily in warding off energy emanated by Fairies, given that most of them are associated with the Sp. Atk stat, and its physiology evolved as a direct response to that trend. It nonetheless shares many other aspects with Dragonite - friendliness towards humans and familiarity with many Water attacks - perhaps because it is a case similar to the dimorphism often seen in species, such as gender differences and the two "forms" of Gastrodon. Dragonite, on the other hand, exemplifies the power of its abilities, taking levitation into full-fledged flight and the greater association with the sky to call upon powerful storms.

Conclusion
In brief, the link between Goodra and Dragonite may be rooted in a common ancestor or evolutionary divergence not previously hypothesised. Many would understandably treat this theory with great umbrage and indignance, but on the other hand, it remains indisputable that Goomy in particular is a considerable anomaly created under the unique circumstances of Kalos. It is certainly one of the most unique Dragon-types, bearing little apparent similarity with others discovered before it, and borne out of an environment few would associate with Dragon populations - today, it baffles some researchers how it could be classified as a Dragon while others like Gyarados and Aerodactyl could not. Split evolutions, to use common vernacular, are not unheard of either; Eevee aside, many of them have appeared since the phenomenon was closely studied since Johto's research facilities took off in full swing.

But perhaps the unique explanation remains in the unique region Goodra is indigenous to. Kalos has given us all a first in many ways - if we can harness the power of advanced evolution where it was not previously thought possible, surely it would not be unreasonable to assume that Pokémon biology can be further simplified, more so considering the theories of common ancestors in Ditto, Mew and Arceus. In concluding this entry, one fact remains: Pokémon isn't mere passive observation or participation. It's a window into the mysteries of the world - and the history behind Goodra is just one of them.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

We've finally hit the first wild card request after eight other pieces have been posted, but there's no fun in revealing who it was to the volunteer because the volunteer in question knew who it was! Augh! But it was fun to draw (and write!), so there. From Hanatori to Fallen Icarus, here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus
Confession

Believe it or not, this was a gag from a Pokemon tie-in novel series! The following short excerpt is from unreleased Diamond and Pearl tie-in novel The Greatest Everyday, named after a Japanese title sequence from the TV series. The novels tell a light-hearted story detailing Dawn and Barry's adventures in the Sinnoh region, emphasizing the day-to-day relationships between the characters and their Pokemon and fleshing out the beginnings of a cross-regional story by introducing protagonists from other regions, such as Hoenn's May in this passage. It's not entirely clear who the target demographic for this was, or if said demographic would even be caught dead buying Pokemon tie-in novels, which is probably why it never saw the light of day.

---

May was thumbing through a TV listings digest she'd picked up in Celestic Town, Sinnoh's lone holdout in such modern coveniences as wireless internet and television sets without rabbit ears. Barry knocked on the door, though by the dullness of the sound, Dawn knew immediately he'd kicked the door in a rush, and most likely had his hands full. She started for the door, but it opened—right, his Ambipom, who ran for Dawn's Grotle (itself hanging out with May's Kecleon) without a second thought. After a quick round of "Hey, Barry, let me help..." "I'm fine! I don't need your help, really! Thanks!," Barry set a large box containing a color wheel of Poffins and human sweets on the table by the door.

It took five minutes of small talk, munching on rice balls, and May interrogating her Sinnoh peers about the corny dramas she'd read about in the week's digest ("Ketch Appy? What kind of name is that?!" Dawn's answer: "Nobody our age likes those shows. We just make fun of them.") before Dawn and Barry could no longer hold back their curiosity about the inner workings of a bona fide Pokemon League Champion; the questions came at a furious pace. But the one that kicked off the most spirited discussion was May's:

"Have you ever seen a shiny Pokemon—you know, different coloring than normal Pokemon?"

"No! I've been looking all over, too, but I've had no luck so far!" Dawn replied, with Barry nodding in agreement.

"Well, the weirdest thing has been happening to me lately. When I started out, I caught a Lotad, who I raised for a while, then sent him back to Professor Birch... after I became Champion, I decided to bond with him a little more, and I've been encountering shiny Pokemon left and right! I caught a Zigzagoon on my way out of Hoenn yesterday, and found a Staravia when I was looking for Eterna City yesterday. But they just walk up to me, and smile..."

"Maybe your Lotad is a good luck charm!" Barry exclaimed. "It is kind of weird," Dawn noted. "Can we see your shiny Pokemon, if you have them with you and you don't mind?"

"He's a Lombre now, but sure! Come on out, Dr. Pond!" May loosened a Pokeball from her belt, and with the press of a button, a bluer-hued Lombre appeared in a flash. Dr. Pond scanned his surroundings for a minute as the conversation continued, locating the door and swiping May's spare Pokeball bag without a second thought as he ran out of the door.

"Hey! What are you doing?" May, Dawn, and Barry followed Dr. Pond out of the house, watching confused as Dr. Pond fished out a pair of Great Balls, labeled in messy script as "Hawkins" and "Zigma," and with a stylish flick of his arm, sent both balls flying into the air and bouncing off of each other.

Barry turned to Dawn, then to May. "Impressive technique." Dawn nodded in agreement.

"You don't want to know why he learned that." May said. All three quickly turned their attention to the two Pokemon just released: A Staravia and a Zigzagoon, both noticeably redder than their usual counterparts. As if on cue, Zigma looked up and widened her eyes, which were in direct contact with May's (an obvious "Please don't punish me!" face) and Hawkins chose to shun eye contact altogether, bowing his head and staring into the earth. Dr. Pond struck another pose and sprayed a scattered jet of water at Zigma first, then Hawkins. The redder pigments of Zigma's fur and Hawkins' feathers dissolved, gathered, and reappeared in the grass below their feet. It was paint.

May couldn't manage a reaction angrier than a drop of her shoulders, a glazing over in the eyes, and a twisting, tightening of the face into a grim smile: it was really well-applied paint.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

We're back to writing requests, and here we get a Britpack exchange between Concept (requester) and Torkoal Stu (volunteer):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
A slightly deranged but well meaning and ultimately nice suitor starts sending the presents from "twelve days of Christmas" to Cynthia over the course of twelve days.
VEILSTONE CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

Case Identification Number: 1330-5966-0041

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

We received a phone call on Monday night at 11:28pm of a woman reporting a break in her home in Veilstone City. Nothing was reported as stolen or damage, however an object was left in one of the rooms in her home. The object has been described as a Pidgey in a pear tree (pictures A-C in the attached folder). Officers were sent out to investigate, but could not originate the place of the break-in nor any clues of any nature.

Over the next three nights similar events occurred, with differing items including two Pidove, three Natu and four Chatot (subjects D-J) all on separate nights. Once again, the area in which the break-in originated could not be traced.

We are currently looking into this matter, but there are currently no suspects. The target is being placed under surveillance during the coming days.

~*~

Cynthia's Perspective

The sunlight peered through the gap in the curtains and landed directly onto Cynthia’s face, she scrunched her closed eyes and rolled over onto her side.

“Morning already?” she mumbled tiredly, pulling her black duvet over herself. Normally Cynthia was a sight of perfect composure and perfection, but she most definitely was not a morning person. After some time she grudgingly dragged herself out of her bed, with her bright blonde hair sprawled out in every direction and walked slowly across her bedroom towards the door. She stepped out into her hallway and yawned, while stretching her arms. She walked across the hard wooden floors of her house towards her kitchen. She rubbed her eyes sleepily. She picked up a cup from the counter next to the sink and poured herself some water from the tap. As she sipped the ice cold water she looked across her kitchen, but her eyes were instantly drawn to an odd black box on the table. It definitely did not belong to her. It must have been left for her. It was not much bigger than a cereal box. She walked over to the table and placed her hands on the box, tracing the edges with her finger. It was completely black, with a single gold line near the top to outline where the lid separated from the bottom. She placed her hands firmly at both sides and pulled the lid off. She looked into the box and saw five beautiful shiny gold rings. Cynthia placed the box back down onto the table, took a deep breath and picked up the phone.

“Police please.”

~*~

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

Over the following days since the last report the instances have not ceased, the target found five golden rings, six Farfetch’d laying eggs, seven Swanna swimming, eight Milktank, nine Jynx dancing and ten Machoke leaping (subjects K-W) in various parts of her house or connecting property. Still no break-in point of entry has been found, nor has any of the target’s possessions or property been damaged, stolen or tampered with.

Following the increased distressing nature of this case and increased risk in danger, the target has now been moved to one of the police department undisclosed safe houses to protect her from further harassment, while the police continue to work on this continuing case.

~*~

HEARTHOME HOT GOSSIP: SINNOH’S NUMBER ONE GOSSIP MAGAZINE

December 2013 Issue

CYNTHIA’S HOT HOLIDAY HUNK: Page Eight

Famous Pokémon champion and superstar Cynthia is reportedly missing as of yesterday. Suspicion arose when she failed to turn up for a scheduled championship title match at The Pokémon League yesterday evening. This is the first known scenario in her reign as champion in which Cynthia has not turned up for a match. Unusual as she is widely respected for her good sportsmanship and time keeping.

An inside source close to Cynthia herself has told us at Hearthome Hot Gossip that she has gone for what promises to be a saucy get-away with another people’s favourite Flint of the Elite Four. Oooh la la, what a lucky lady! Is this finally the confirmation of the fiery hot Pokémon League romance we have all been waiting for? If so, you read it here in Hearthome Hot Gossip first!

We look forward to seeing those particularly heated holiday snaps when she returns, which will most likely be when the festive period is over.

By Anna Sinclair – Hearthome Hot Gossip News Editor

~*~

Cynthia's Perspective

“Me and Flint? How ridiculous,” Cynthia mumbled to herself as she placed the Hearthome Hot Gossip magazine on the table in front of her. Quite frankly she was not in the best of moods as she had to leave her house just before Christmas. She had been moved to a safe place in the middle of the snowy mountain routes of SInnoh. However she was not completely sure she was safe, as just the previous night she had come across eleven Kricketune playing pipe-sounding music outside of her new safe house. Since Kricketune did not normally live in such harsh snowy conditions she assumed it could only be the person who had been sending her all these bizarre Pokémon gifts over the last eleven days. She gazed around the cabin, trying to find some source of entertainment or distraction from her situation but she found no saviour amongst all the simplistic wood furnishings.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Cynthia looked around, cautiously. She stood up from her chair and placed it carefully back under the matching wooden table. She walked slowly across the room towards the front door. She placed her hand on the metal door handle, as the knock came again. She turned the handle slowly and opened the door. A large gust of wind and snow blew forcefully into her face. When it cleared there were twelve Cubone all standing in two rows of six in the snowy ground outside of her house. Each Cubone was wearing a small drum around their body. They each began to hit their drum using their bone club excitedly. Cynthia could not quite recognise the song they were attempting to play. They finally stopped and then a Cubone at the front handed Cynthia a red envelope. Cynthia looked at the red envelope before quickly slamming the door shut. She then fixed her beautiful flowing blonde hair that had been blown all out of place by the wind.

Cynthia stared at the red envelope in her hand, but there was no writing on the front or the back of it. She opened the envelope and inside was a white folded up piece of paper. She reached in and took out the paper. She took a deep breath and unfolded the paper delicately as if her very life depended on its contents. She scanned the paper, but it only had a handful of words on the page.

“Merry Christmas, love from your biggest fan x,” Cynthia read out loud to herself. She folded the paper back up and placed it into one of the pockets in her long black coat. She scanned the room, but could not seem to relax back into the atmosphere. Something was different.

“I know you are here somewhere,” Cynthia said firmly. “Show yourself.”

But there was nothing.

Just silence.

~*~

Cynthia's Perspective

Hours passed but Cynthia no longer felt safe in the wooden house. She had decided to run away, hopefully without her friend knowing. She had dressed suitably in wintry clothes and packed a backpack full of supplies before heading out into the snow stormy routes of the Sinnoh mountain range. She kept one hand gripped on a Pokéball in her black coat pocket at all time, just in case she needed her trusty Garchomp to defend her at any moment. The snow was falling thick and fast in every direction, but she had enough visibility to see around her slightly.

“Cynthia!” a slightly masculine sounding voice boomed from behind her.

Cynthia froze. She eyed up the man. She could instantly see he was just shorter than her with brown hair and brown eyes, but there was too much snow and they were too far apart for any more detail. He stepped towards her, but she took a step back.

“Why have you been doing this? Why did you follow me here?” Cynthia asked, her voice showing no signs of weakness as she tightened her grip on her Pokéball once again. There was no response straight away, the man continued looking at her but not saying anything. The man smiled, however Cynthia remained unafraid.

“I just wanted you to have a merry Christmas.”

~*~

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

The accused has been confirmed as a man in his mid-twenties with brown hair and brown eyes, medium height and average build. Motives were allegedly not intended to cause distress or harm towards the target. Allegedly his motives were due to infatuation in regards to the social status of the target. The accused has been missing since the resolution of the specified altercation with the target, which occurred in the area in which she was moved to for her safety. Therefore it is suspected he was illegally tracking her location for the period of this situation.

The target has been returned to her normal home safely and has confirmed she will not press charges. But surveillance of the target will continue for the foreseeable future in case the accused returns.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Oh, look, my hand slipped and fell on another wild card request. It happens to be for The Morg from DaisyInari. Ho ho ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morg
"If Pokemon Played Dodgeball".
Old 12-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Rejoice, Char! We have an art request from Tyranidos to PikaGod. Said Tyranidos of his request, "PikaGod, thank you very much for allowing me to be as simplistic as possible. In hindsight, this is not much of a garden, so just pretend there are flowers and vegetables around these pokemon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod
I would like a garden made up of grass pokemon, which can be as elaborate or simplistic as the artist wishes.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

If you need a breath of fresh air from all the Pokemon content, Lost™ sent in a writing request for kaisap112 and it turned out as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I'd love a poem about snow.
Water, that is all
hydrogen and oxygen
frozen together

We stick to our own
no thinking necessary
simple-minded bunch

Not a family
simply a necessity
a means to an end

Existence is light
flowing with the wind is dull
on and on it goes

Until we find it
warm, close, on your breath, back home
finite happiness

Then it gets heavy
and the end of all arrives
a painful rebirth

We run in cycles
leave our snowflake bodies, leave
then steam, vaporate

Only a white sheet
cold, fragile, dying from touch
revealing life's end

Bittersweet is death
rebirth is full of terror
and yet snow still falls
Old 12-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Phoopes, in creating this art request for redpanda15, would like us all to know that he does not condone drug use. So there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda15
I'm going to request a picture of a Servine breathing fire and all that fun stuff.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
phoopes that is fantastic
Old 12-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Hey, look, another wild card request! Here we have one from The Morg to lilbluecorsola, with Morg saying of his request, "Curious."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola
Snow.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Going into another wild card request, here we get kaisap112 writing colorfully (part of the presentation, I'm told) for PikaGod:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod
'Abnormal'.
How is that for love?

Recently I fell
hit my face on the ground hard
maybe something broke
shards falling down from my face

a poor, broken little thing

Suddenly, a girl
looking at my broken face
blue and yellow eyes
looking back at her, so cold
thought I saw her mouth moving

But it is a ruse
I find no mouth on her face

only a white veil
lips an obi on her waist
well-bound, can speak no evil

No emotion there
only a vain interest

need to see something
find someone deep down in there
a real soul to call her own

Dancing in the snow
it is a lonely world here
her pretty twirling
step by step going nowhere
a perfect circle, pretty

Blue hems whispering
suffocating on cold snow

almost gone in white
maybe that's where her mouth went
a scream unheard forever

My shards more than she
broken yet still here, poor thing
hanging from her veil
and unable to fulfill
even this one wish for her

My shards in the snow
discarded, I am useless

cannot show her face
her eyes void of emotion

I want to find her in there

And perhaps one day
can carve out of her insides
a feeling person
to fill her emptiness, yes
missing piece in my puzzle

She dances away
already bored with pieces
wants the finished thing
for me to be born ready
to do my job and not waste her time

I throw my shard, then
wanting love from emptiness

red flower, obi
then blue-yellow eyes empty
can't hold on to my pieces

I leave my pieces
my imperfect heart to her
better than nothing

my emptiness in her eyes
how is that for love?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Here we get an obligatory UPN-on-UPN request, but about FB this time! Said Tyranidos of his art request for BlazeVA, "Yes, the balloons are supposed to be that big. No, they are not supposed to have noses."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeVA
Basically...this. In my base there is supposed to be a big party, where eventually Remillia professes her love for Blaze and they end up kissing. That's what I want a picture of. Bad person? I know I am~ Here are the details:

-Remilia's outfit: It does say in the post above, but its a wall of text and all. She's wearing a black strapless dress. What she looks like, obviously with a different outfit
-blaze's outfit: He's wearing a white button-up shirt with a black tie. His hair is short cropped and black, and he has brown eyes
-They are standing behind a table, and are at the scene of a party. Artist's creativity is encouraged.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
When asked of this following art request for EmeraldGoblin, Mozz said, "I'm so sorry."
Fixed for names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin
I want a drawing of a shirtless wes from pokemon colosseum at the beach with michael from Pokemon XD shirtless at the beach.... as the fight in the sand... hot.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

In an art request for biggggg5, DaisyInari cooks up a being with pride for days:

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5
I would like artwork with Vegeta from dbz as a Chesnaught they already kinda look a little similar.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #21
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

W-whaaaaaa?! What is this? A spriting request, that unexpectedly rarest of birds?! Or nosebirds, considering this is from The Morg to yours truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Let's see your creativity. I'd like to see a fusion of as many Pokemon as you want - make it into something truly monstrous, the likes of which not even the most jaded Pokemon world explorer has ever seen!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Hey, I didn't know this was a Mafia gift exchange! Says phoopes of his art request for OkikuMew, "Playing in snow? Check. Dressed up? Check. Bad pun? Check. Cute? You decide. Merry Christmas from one Galactic to another!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew
Anyhow, my request is simple, yet a bit vague just to see how the artist will make of it: An Christmas-themed art piece of a Mew :3 Whenever's Mew is playing in the snow (or presents? Or something else Christmas-y?) Mew dressed up, or something else I can't think of at the moment... whatever would make a cute Christmas Mew! 83
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Here we have Balmund executing an art request for Mozz, promising to post it in his art thread if he gets it digitally finished. I strongly encourage posting in art threads, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz
A drunk Jynx late at night using a Klefki to try to get back into her apartment
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

A message from Lost™, who's doing a writing request for lilbluecorsola: "Have a great holiday season today! I hope I proved a worth sequel of your work o-o. Sorry if there's too many grammatical errors, my betas have all poofed. Okay, anyways, Merry Christmas!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola
For Christmas this year, I'd like it if someone could write their interpretation of a sequel to my awful first Secret Santa story.
Sarah “Isabelle” Oak scoffed as she kicked down the last remaining Rocket admin in the way. She looked at her, a once proud and beautiful woman that’s now a pile of flash. She grabbed one of her Pocket Balls™, shortened to Pokeball, and sent out a Chandelure. The candelabra creature let out a ghastly screech before looking at her. It was hungry, desperately hungry.

“Feed...” She commanded it, looking at the corpses littered around the room.

She examined her most recent kill, examining the body. The woman had a lot of potential in life, but she decided to join the Rocket Corporation instead. The Rocket Corp took over North America twenty years ago, shortly after Sarah’s real father died. She was looking for revenge, she wanted to avenge her real family.

She was grateful for her adopted family; Professor Oak was a kind man. He found her alone and lost, and decided to take her in. He had just recently lost his wife and daughter, and Sarah was there to fill the void. She did have a brother, but he usually stuck his head in the books. She smiled, remembering his wedding and the bright baby girl his wife gave birth to.

The woman then shook her head, reminding herself of the situation she was in. She pulled out a pair of scissors from the dead admin’s body, cleaning off most of the fresh blood. Killing was second hand nature to Sarah by now; she was part of the Elite Four after all. She quickly rose through the ranks, her affinity with fire and insatiable lust for revenge against the Rockets made her a skilled battler.

Another wail signaled her Chandelure was done with its feast. She grabbed its Pokeball and returned it, before heading towards the door. This was it, and she knew it. The door to the boss’ layer. The man that ruined her entire life, and countless others. This man didn’t even compare to any of the other terrorist leaders. Aqua’s Archie and Magma’s Maxie were extreme-environmentalists, and agreed to life in prison. Galactic’s Cyrus was declared terminally insane and was sent to a mental institution. Ghetsis of Team Plasma was instantly sentenced to death, his insanity worse than Cyrus’. His son, N, went on to become one of the greatest men of all time before being assassinated a few years back. Lysandre of Team Flare committed suicide as soon as he was caught, realizing his goal was impossible to reach in life.

But this man, Mario “Silver” Lombardi, was single-handedly responsible for more deaths than Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, and countless other terrorists and dictators in history. Son of the original Rocket leader, Mario joined under an alias and quickly rose to the top. This man’s misanthropic views and corrupted mind has sent a total of 2 billion people to their demise. He is terrorist number one, and Sarah was about to face this horrible man. Just the very thought of him made her sick, but her lust for his blood kept her going. She was going to kill this man, and make him pay.

Sarah quickly turned turned the door knob, and walked into the room. She was greeted with a large roar from a Charizard, known around the world as Brutus. Mario turned around and eyed her, analysing her. He pulled out a pistol, and pointed it towards her.

“What do you want, little girl?” He barked, curious on why she would be there.

“Your head,” She responded coldly, grabbing a Pokeball.

“Interesting... You look like a weakingly. How did you possibly make it here? My admins would have surely killed you,” he scoffed before breaking down into maniacal laughter.

“Them? Oh, I killed them. With some help, of course. Just as we speak, the rest of the elite four are searching the entire building,” she informed him, a smirk forming on her face.

“Oh, you’re part of them. What do you specialize in, little girl? Faeries, Psychics, Grasses? If those are the case, my beloved Brutus here will fry you to a crisp.” He laughed out, lowering the pistol a tiny bit.

“Fire. I specialize in fire, and have proclaimed myself as the phoenix of this world. You burned it to ashes, and I will raise and restore it to it’s former glory!” She yelled out, sending out her Pokemon.

“Such Hubris in this little thing, isn’t it cute Brutus? Anyways, this vile girl will make wonderful pray... And her little friend too,” He added in, his smirk growing larger with each passing second.

“Well, let’s see if that’s true, shall we? CAESAR! Fire off a Stone Edge! Get your revenge for being brutally murdered by your best friend!” She barked, ordering her Infernape.

The flaming monkey quickly jumped up into the air and fired a barrage of rocks towards the giant, flaming wyrm. The Charizard had no time to react, and the rocks made many cuts along his body, and holes in his wings. The dragon’s blood splattered on the walls, but it was still alive. Mario put the gun done, happy he finally gotten a real opponent.

The two battled for what seemed like an eternity, constantly switching through their Pokemon to try to get an advantage. Sarah was able to keep the momentum on her side most of the battle, but had some pretty major losses as well. She wasn't worried, however, as she trained her Pokemon so they could be able to take anything. At last, she was barely able to win, a loud screech signifying his Charizard’s death.

“”Damned Girl! Now tell me, why are you here!?” He barked, playing with the gun in his hand while eyeing her viciously.

“You murdered my entire family. See the Houndoom I was using? She was my father’s right before he was killed by you. Shot right through the head! But she carried me off the safety. I was only a baby, and she took care of me. I owe my life to that Pokemon, and if it wasn’t for her I would off been that demon’s food!” She pointed at the dead Charizard. “And now, the vicious cycle of revenge is about to end,” She told him, rushing towards him.

The Rocket Poss pulled up his pistol, and aimed right for her head. He pulled the trigger, but by same cruel twist of fate the trigger jammed. Mario’s eye widened with horror, before changing to a happy look and sadistic grin. Sarah stabbed him right in the neck, landing a killing blow. She looked at the man’s face, which was contorted by his cruel idea of what happiness was.

She sent out her Chandelure once again, and ordered it to feast once more. She wanted to make sure that his soul was burned for what he was done, and that he rotted in the very depths of hell. While her Chandelure was feeding, she examined the Charizard. She felt some pity for it, but at the same time it was the tool that killed her entire family. She pulled out her phone and dialed a number after processing what happened..

“Lance! Yeah, Mario’s dead. I would have died if his gun didn’t jam... So I guess it was just dumb luck. Anyways, I’ll gather the others and head back to HQ. My Chandelure is taking care of the body, don’t worry... Anyways, tell Steven and Cynthia to come to New York, and bring their four as well. With Rocket over, we’ll need to start planning for Operation: RESTART.” Sarah hung up the phone and returned her spectral friend. A faint smile jumped onto the woman’s face; a new era of hope and prosperity was about to begin.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #25
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Finally, from Vye to Shadowshocker, we have an art request! I'm told the finishing of this one got hijacked by technical difficulties, that scourge of Secret Santas everywhere. Vye notes: "Also, this."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker
I'm interested in another person's interpretation of Sector Shadow; either the Experiments, or Ben 10 operatives, or the non-themed members like Grim the Dusknoir. To keep things simple, though, I'd like to request a pose of my cartoon avatar (you know, the one posing in And Then There Were 10) with at least one other of my PASBL squad members, if that's alright. I'm thinking of SS' expression bearing his usual warface (D:<) or on the verge of a breakthrough (Eureka! >:D) - anything that would reasonably be in character for a consistently maniacal and pessimistic scientist - and whichever 'mon with him is in a complementary actiony pose.

I'm fairly sure this is the last of the pile, so... happy holidays and thanks again for another year of Secret Santa!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction