UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 04-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

UPN News: Debut

I cannot recall exactly how many years ago I attempted to create a legitimate website for UPN. Lindsay has been working diligently a few years back, but even that came to an end.

And so the time has come to re-re-recreate UPN once more. The site is now integrated with vb, allowing any thread to be created in this forum to become a news post. What this means is that anybody can help post news and keep people up to date. And that is exactly what I am looking for. If you are interested in doing this then feel free to shoot me a Private Message. I am interested in not just super serious Pokemon news, but if you find out random trivia, tidbits, or even weird Pokemon related videos then that is fine too.

As time goes on, I will try to work on the site to become a resource for information. However that is much less of a priority at the moment.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Lady Kuno

www.upnetwork.net

The site is now working as intended. Posters can also reply to any news post. Only new threads will appear on the main page.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oh, wow. This is cool.

I was surprised when I logged in yesterday, I can tell you.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Its neat how it works with the forums but I dun really get it~ seems more like a blog then a website o.o?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Celestia View Post
As time goes on, I will try to work on the site to become a resource for information. However that is much less of a priority at the moment.
Wheres all this info gonna be stored? Outside of the PASBL Rules page all the site navigations just leads to the forums. Are ya gonna add more pages like that? Forums aren't exactly the best places ta archive info especially not UPNs what with all the reboots that have happened to them x_x I wouldn't mind trying ta help throw up some stuffs now an then if needed. I still keep myself pretty up to date on PKMN stuff even if I dun play the main games!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
Lady Kuno

You can add pages like a normal website. Right now we don't have any pages so it goes to the forums. I think a more blogy approach is better for the news, at least until we get some pages. I put a page request in the Pokemon forum to see if someone can make a guide for us. Stuff like that will work better for us than trying to make a huge database of every game ever, etc.

You need admin access (which you have) and it works like how VB does. You don't need to know html but you can make stuff fancy with vb code and so forth.

Also I'm gonna add you as news person.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Celestia View Post
You can add pages like a normal website. Right now we don't have any pages so it goes to the forums. I think a more blogy approach is better for the news, at least until we get some pages. I put a page request in the Pokemon forum to see if someone can make a guide for us. Stuff like that will work better for us than trying to make a huge database of every game ever, etc.

You need admin access (which you have) and it works like how VB does. You don't need to know html but you can make stuff fancy with vb code and so forth.
Hmm I think I kinda get it but will wait an see alil longer ta see how you all do it an how its done first!

Quote:
Also I'm gonna add you as news person.
Ack! I've been recruited! Hope I dun get in far over my head like last time...
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Lady Kuno

First off... I'm not even sure how to add pages myself. I have the link to do it, but it's very confusing. Gonna pester the admin to teach me how even though they'll just get mad at me. D: When I figure it out I'll PM you more about it.

You won't get far in over your head this time because you're not alone anymore. *bishonen anime smile*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News