UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Old 08-04-2015, 03:17 AM   #101
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Nodding in agreement as Brother Suzuki agrees to allow him to look at the Tin Tower later as he pleases, Kael sets back off for the Center with Ashaya and the Pikachu, noticing her crack a smile on the way. His mind could only wander to notice that not only was she no longer bound, but wasn't even having to be physically held on to at this point, and seemed to have no intention of running from what he could tell. Soon enough they made it to the Center, and Ashaya took the Pikachu to be looked after, returning to inform Kael that it would be okay, though it would take a while. Noting that they still had some time to kill, although the sun was beginning to set, she posed the question of whether Kael had anything else he wanted to do.

"Well... I doubt we'll find anything there that we wouldn't at the Tin Tower, but checking out the Burned Tower wouldn't be a terrible idea. With the amount of damage done to the Tin Tower, who knows what overlaps might have been destroyed there but somehow have been kept safe at the Burned Tower." He went for a moment, simply throwing his thoughts into the air to see if they stuck anywhere, before opening the door to the Center with one arm and waving out of it with the other, "Shall we?"

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #102
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Ashaya shrugged.

"I don't know what your deal is with these dilapidated buildings, but okay. It's not like I have anything better to do with my time, clearly."

In reluctant agreement, the two of you head once again north, watching as the sun casts long shadows over the tall trees and short buildings. You come once again to the gates of Bellchime Trail, but this time, following your map, you take a left turn instead of a right, walking just a bit farther to find the burned-out remains of a building resembling the Tin Tower. The area is understandably empty - few people would likely wish to lurk around a place like this at night, or any time, really - but nothing is blocking your way. You enter what could only nominally be called a tower, noticing immediately that it's in a rather run-down shape. It looks like it hasn't been taken care of for quite a while, still very much a charred shell.

"I've heard of this place," Ashaya informs you, "It used to be the Brass Tower, but supposedly it got burnt down by lightning or something, but the 'magic' of Ho-oh's flames keeps it frozen like this. Or something stupid like that, I don't know."

You begin to examine anything you might find in the tower for any sort of evidence of ancient connection. However, at first glance, all you can really find is burnt wood. It appears that no ancient inscriptions have survived superficially. However, your search is quickly interrupted by some noises from the basement below.

"Woah, is someone here? Why the hell is someone here?" Ashaya whispers to you.

You hear what sounds like light sobbing coming from the floor below...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #103
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Upon eventually arriving at the Burned Tower, Ashaya gives a brief speech about the complete bunk that is the history of the tower before the two begin to look around for anything significant. Sadly, their search proves fruitless as the debris is just too destroyed for any sort of study to be worth the time. But the search is soon interrupted by sounds coming from the basement. Ashaya leans in to whisper about the sounds coming below before they become more prominent, sounding like someone sobbing lightly.

"What the everloving..." Kael's words trail off as he looks back at Ashaya with a raised eyebrow. "I guess we should try to see what's going on? I mean it could be someone actually in trouble... right?" His question was less to Ashaya and more to himself at the very notion of going down into the basement of this burned building as night was setting, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he needed to. "Stick close, we don't know what's likely to pop out of that basement." He turns back to Ashaya, grabbing her hand again, this time for the knowledge that she's safe behind him in the dark as opposed to the idea of trying to keep her from running.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #104
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Holding Ashaya's hand to keep from getting separated and fearing for the worst, you make your way towards the basement. You are actually able to see down into it due to the rather large hole in the floor, with a good deal of light filtering in from the large hole in the roof above, enough for you to get a glimpse. You see what appears to be a woman, hunched over on the dirt floor, crying into her hands. She seems familiar, like you've seen her not too long ago...

"Oh my god, Bethany?!" Ashaya shouts.

The girl looks up, her familiar features exaggerated in the low light from above.

"Ashaya! I thought the cops had gotten to you!" she shouts back, sniffing.

"Oh my god, girl, how the hell did you end up here?"

"I got chased down by the police but I managed to shake that obnoxious Azalea pig off my tail once I got to Goldenrod. But when I got back to base, it had been raided!"

"Man I fuckin' knew it," Ashaya sucks her teeth angrily, "Fuckin' Celia was going to be our downfall. I called it, didn't I?"

"Yeah, well," Bethany sniff again.

"How the hell did you get into this pit?"

"I dunno, I just ran once I saw we had been done in. It was the only place I could find that wasn't crawling with people. I figured our faces were going to be plastered from Cianwood to Lavender before long, so I had to hide. But now I can't find the ladder anymore and I'm stuck and it's awful down here!"

"And what about your Pokémon?"

"Um, I have Stantler..."

"And the Florges?"

"I uh..." she starts, but breaks into tears again, "I-I lost her!"

"Lost her?!" Ashaya echoes angrily, "What do you mean you lost her?"

"I think I dropped her somewhere. I had her when I was in Goldenrod, but when I got to Ecruteak, she was gone! I must have dropped it last night when I was around National Park..."

"Ugh, we're never getting that Florges back..." Ashaya grumbled, more quietly this time, before turning to you, "I know she- well, we've been bitches, but can you help get her out of the pit here? You can tie her up or turn her in or whatever, but I don't want her getting eaten by a Golbat or something."
Old 08-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #105
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Looking through the floor and into the pit, Kael spies a woman he seems to know, when Ashaya's shout confirms his suspicions. Raising an eyebrow and watching the two as they have a brief conversation about their base having been raided, he finds himself at least somewhat glad that he won't have to be knocking on the doors of a major smuggling ring in the future and can likely just pick the stragglers off as he comes by them. His face turned to a frown as soon as the mention of the Florges being lost came up, though, and he made a mental note to double back to the National Park when he got a chance to see if he could find the lost Pokemon. Regardless, it becomes clear that Bethany isn't getting out of the pit by herself any time soon, and Ashaya asks Kael to give her some help.

Grumbling, Kael thinks over his options, before shouting down to Bethany, "Fine, I'll help you out! But if there's even an ounce of funny business things will be a lot less pleasant for you than they currently are for her!" He nods towards Ashaya before taking off his cloak and tying it up with his Escape Rope. "I'm going to lower this down, and I want absolutely everything you've got in your possession put in, Stantler's Pokeball included. After that, I'll send the rope back down and we'll hoist you up. And you better have put in everything to the cloak because I will be frisking you."

Quote:
Old 08-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #106
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Wiping her tears and getting to her feet, Bethany doesn't even hesitate to unload all her belongings, dumping them into the makeshift basket that you lower into the pit. Along with Stantler's Poké Ball, she dumps a few potions and berries and what looks like a drugstore's worth of makeup and cosmetics. You pull it up and ferret through it, finding nothing of particular interest that you weren't already aware of before lowering the rope again. This time, with Ashaya's help, you manage to anchor it and allow Bethany to climb the not terribly far distance to the top floor. Once Bethany makes it to the top, she collapses onto the dusty, ashy wood, sobbing into her hands again. Ignoring her tears, you frisk her anyway, finding that she actually did dump everything into the cloak as you asked.

"Come on, man," Ashaya protests as you frisk her friend, "couldn't you have saved that for later?"

Bethany, however, doesn't even notice, too caught up in her heaving cries to even notice you. Ashaya helps her to her feet, trying to get any sort of words out of her.

"Do you remember anything about when you lost Florges?" She asks.

"Uh..." she sniffs through tears, "I mean, I was there not that long ago. It might still be there."

"Do you remember what you were doing?"

"Um... I think I battled some obnoxious kids but I beat them easily with Stantler. That was the last time I had Florges."

"Okay..." she attempts to comfort Bethany, who at the very least stops crying, before turning to you, "Can we hurry it up at least a little so we can get her somewhere... not here?"
Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #107
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Finishing frisking Bethany, Kael raises an eyebrow as Ashaya protests the action before she goes back to comforting the other girl. "Do you see any ropes on her wrists? She's already considerably better off than you were until just recently." Looking back to Bethany, he continues, "That said, I'd suggest behaving if you want it to stay that way." He then pockets the Stantler's Pokeball and offers back the rest of the satchel while holding out a hand to help Bethany up. "I'll be holding onto the Pokemon, but I see no reason you can't have what else is here... especially since you'll probably want to fix your makeup after this whole ordeal." A quick glance up and down Bethany brings Kael to a realization before he turns to Ashaya and gives her a quick look up and down as well. "And speaking of appearances... we might want to get you two into something a little less conspicuous. Skin tight leather suits do not make for ease of blending in. Let's get out of this burnt husk of a building and see if we can't find you both something better to wear for now."

Quote:
Old 08-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #108
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Bethany quickly claims her entire makeup stash, though without pockets, it seems there's nowhere for it to go... before she shoves it meticulously down her shirt.

"C-clothes would be fine," she sniffles, "But where are we gonna get any?"

"Let's just take some off a clothes line or something," Ashaya suggests, "I doubt anyone will miss a tshirt and some pants."

"O-okay," she agrees, "Let's just get out of here."

The three of you leave the tower, stepping back onto the stone streets of Ecruteak. The sun is nearly set by now, casting a golden light over the tower.

"If there's a time to steal clothes, it'd be now," Ashaya remarks, noticing the fading sunlight, "Let's find a house on the outskirts and see what we can nick."

Ashaya leading the way somewhat, with you keeping a close eye on the still sniffling Bethany and keeping on Ashaya's heels, you walk down a new street near the edge of town, passing by a lot of older looking apartment buildings. It doesn't take you long to find a clothes line strung outside a building, with a wide variety of clothes hanging in the wind. However, it's danglign a story above you, well out of reach. A cool breeze blows, causing Bethany to shiver. Ashaya frowns.

"Well, that's not really our best bet, but I guess we don't have much choice. We don't have any Flying types or anything, do we?"

Bethany shakes her head no. Ashaya's frown deepens.

Suddenly, there's a rustle from some nearby trashcans under the clothes line. There seems to be a Pokémon among them, though you can't see anything from there.

"Hey, you," Ashaya prods you in the side, "Go see if you can't recruit that Pokémon over there. Maybe it can get at the line for us."
Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #109
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Kael shrugs as Ashaya suggests taking some clothes off a line. He wasn't particularly bothered by the idea, not like it was going to cause any actual trouble for anyone, after all. Closely following Ashaya and watching Bethany, they leave the tower and head down a street on the edge of town as the sun sets. The trio quickly comes across a line strung outside, with a large choice of clothing to pick from. The problem, however, is that's clearly up too high to reach, and the choices of potentially helpful Pokemon is... limited to say the least.

Suddenly some trashcans begin to rustle nearby, and Ashaya suggests going to see if whatever is within might be able to help if recruited. Shrugging as there's very few options remaining, Kael inches his way over to the trashcans, producing an Oran Berry as he does so. "Hey... you hungry in there? I've got some food if you want it... don't worry we won't hurt you..."

Quote:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #110
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Deciding to head Ashaya's "advice", you approach the rustling among the trash cans, holding out an Oran Berry as an offering as you approach. You make your way to the cans, moving towards them slowly with your palm outstretched. At first, you notice a little blue beak poke out. It seems to be sniffing the berry from what you can tell, but it doesn't approach immediately. In fact, it sits motionless for a while. Once its processed what's in front of it, it prods it, causing the berry to fall from your hand and onto the ground. It consumes the berry in a few swift bites before becoming motionless again. You back away momentarily, giving it some space. It pokes its head out and immediately you notice that it's a rather rare Pokémon - it's head is angled sharply and a bright pink, with pure white octagonal eyes and a strange, bird-like form.

"Is that... woah!" Ashaya exclaims, upon seeing what you've come upon, "A Porygon? Man I didn't even think those things existed anymore!"

Bethany seems equally shocked, though she's still not in much of a state to verbalize it.

"If you don't take advantage of this, man, you really are off your rocker. These things are pretty much impossible to find anymore ever since Sylph stopped making them," Ashaya informs you.

"Making them?" Bethany asks, clearly unfamiliar.

"Yeah, these things are just computer code, apparently, that some crazyass scientist brought to life somehow. They eat and fight and sleep like real Pokémon. It's pretty crazy if you ask me. But yeah," Ashaya turns to you, "jump on this, man, before someone else does. Oh, and get it to get us some clothes too."
Old 08-21-2015, 02:42 AM   #111
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Kael stands stunned as the Porygon emerges from hiding, the jagged creature's form not something he would have expected to even exist, let alone be staring him in the face. This stunned silence is only confirmed as Ashaya goes on to explain just how rare this Pokemon is, and how it was created after a quick prompting from Bethany on the subject. Baffled, it takes Kael a moment to process that he's still trying to get some fresh clothes for the girls, and digs back into his pack for another berry.

"I wonder, can you even tell what these taste like?" He ponders, placing a Rawst Berry in one hand and an Aspear Berry in the other to see which the creature might attempt to eat. "You can have some more, but I need your help," he continues, backing up very slowly to attempt to get it to come further out of hiding while pointing up at the clothesline before opening his hands to offer up the berries to the Porygon, "Can you cut that clothesline down for us? These poor girls are cold and need proper clothing." Turning his head slightly, he finishes his statement with an inquisitive smile.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #112
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

You offer the Porygon a choice of two berries, hoping to convince it to help you with a bit of a treat. It looks at one hand, then the other, seeming to analyze the berries you're holding. After a moment, it goes for the Rawst Berry, taking two quick bites out of it before the berry disappears. It's blank expression turns to a rather happy-looking one (as happy as a computer program can look), responding favorably to the berry it chose. Without much other prompting, it begins to hover up to the clothes line dangling from the apartment above. Using its thing resembling a beak, it plucks off two pairs of khaki pants, a pink tank top and a sky blue t-shirt, which drift to the ground slowly. Ashaya scrambles to grab the clothes before they hit the trash pile below. She hands off the tank and a pair of the pants to Bethany, who holds them to her chest in a messy bundle, while Ashaya slings them over her shoulder.

"I would ask to go put these on now, but I have a feeling you'd rather wait for us to get back to the Pokémon Center before we do that," Ashaya supposes, "Hurry it up so we can look a little more normal."

The Porygon floats down to you once again, looking rather satisfied with itself. It seems to be keen on another berry from you, looking to you with the most longing eyes it can hope to generate.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #113
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Surprised after the Porygon eats the rather bitter Rawst Berry, Kael pockets the other berry and watches as the Pokemon hovers up to the line as requested, knocking off a pair of clothing for each girl, which Ashaya manages to grab before they end up in the pile of trash. Watching as Ashaya hands over the blue shirt and khakis to Bethany, who promptly holds them in a bundle, before draping her own pink shirt and khakis over her shoulder, Kael shrugs as Ashaya points out the idea of changing now. "Eh, I don't much care as long as you can do it discreetly and without running off. Would probably be best for you to not be wearing those clothes heading into the Center anyway." Shrugging again, he turns back to the Porygon as it hovers back to the ground before giving him the digital equivalent of puppy dog eyes as though to ask for another berry. "Hmm... you're really hungry, aren't you?" Pulling out his remaining Rawst Berry, he offers it to the Porygon. "You can have this for now, but I don't have any more of these..." Thinking, he makes a suggestion to the Porygon, "...but if you come with us to the Pokemon Center we can get you all the food you need!" Smiling at the artificial Pokemon, he raises his voice in an inflective "Hmm?"

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #114
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

You offer yet another bitter berry to the physical artifice, a treat that the duck-like creature seems happy to accept. Once again, it consumes it in two whole pieces, the berry practically disappearing from your hand. As before, it seems quite satisfied with your offer, putting on yet another happy expression. The sound of further food doesn't seem to entirely motivate it, however, but it seems like it would rather like to follow you if you offer it more berries of that flavor.

"Well look at that, you've made another friend," Ashaya points out, a bit of a joking tone in her voice, "It'd almost be sweet, if you weren't such an ass. But I guess asses can have soft sides too."

"Asses are generally soft," Bethany murmurs.

"Good point, Beth," Ashaya agrees, "Well, if it's gonna keep after you for more food, we might as well lure it to the Center so we can get changed and check up on Pikachu."

The three of you begin to make your way back to the Center, not terribly far from it. Surely enough, after more berries, the Porygon accompanies you, floating just behind you as you make your way back, rotating its wing-like side panels idly as it moves along.

"You might wanna keep an eye on that thing," Ashaya suggests, "It's pretty much as rare as you can get these days. Hell, even before the Disasters, those things weren't exactly a dime a dozen. A jealous trainer or well, someone like us, might want your little birdy there."

You make it to the Center after only a bit of a walk, pausing momentarily at the entrance. Before you can enter, Porygon seems to react rather negatively, beeping and hissing, its eyes going staticky. It seems to be having a negative response to the Center, though it's not apparent what.

"I think it's on the fritz," Ashaya comments, "Why don't you figure out what's wrong with it while we get changed and I check on Pikachu? Here," she says, reaching into a part of her uniform and pulling out what looks like a Meowth's coin, "consider this collateral. It'll fetch a nice price, enough money for you to put out a reward for our heads. That way if we run you can have someone else chase us down."
Old 08-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #115
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Slowly feeding the Porygon berries as he led it to the Pokemon Center, Kael heeds Ashaya's advice, keeping an eye on the virtual bird at all times to insure it's okay. But once they arrive at the Center, it begins to freak out, making all manner of electronic sounds as its eyes become covered with static. Ashaya proceeds to hand Kael a coin of some form, claiming it to be rather pricey, as collateral before she and Bethany head inside to change and check on the Pikachu, leaving Kael to deal with figuring out what the Porygon's problem is.

Sighing at the idea of letting the two of them out of his sight just yet, Kael shrugs it off for the moment, after all, it's just the Center, and there aren't exactly that many public entrances and exits. Turning his attention to the Porygon, he attempts to assess the situation. "What's wrong? Is there something inside there you don't like? Do you want to go to a different building to get some food instead? The Gym isn't that far away..." realizing what Ashaya had said earlier about Porygon being rare, he ponders the thought, not wanting to have to lead the Pokemon around out in the open too much right now, which led him to wonder how the cyber duck got to where it was in the first place without drawing a lot of attention, "Or is it not something that you don't like in there, perhaps it's someone?"

Quote:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #116
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

You try to talk and reason with the poor Porygon, though the little digital creature seems rather put off and unresponsive despite your attempts to offer it alternatives. At the suggestion of someone that it doesn't like inside, it seems to go off even more, its structure even glitching out a little bit. You sit for a while, trying to figure out a way to help it, but it only seems to get worse as time goes on. After a little while, Ashaya and Bethany come back out, dressed in their new, less conspicuous outfits, with Ashaya wearing the pink tank and Bethany the blue shirt.

"Still freaking out?" Ashaya asks, raising an eyebrow.

Surely enough, Porygon continues to react negatively, looking quite unhappy. Ashaya and Bethany move in to take a closer look, but can't seem to help either. They both frown, unsure of what to do. Suddenly, it begins to freak out even more, screeching and twirling its head. You think you notice the cause of its adverse reaction - a man who just walked out of the Pokémon Center. With thick rimmed glasses, messy clothes and crazy looking hair, this man looks less-than stable, and the moment you notice him, he turns to you, anger flaring in his eyes.

"You! That's my Porgyon! You stole my Porygon! Give it back!" he rages, stomping about.

"I've stolen a lot of Pokémon in my life so I know a stolen Pokémon when I see one. And I can tell you, this Porygon is not stolen. If anything it ran away to get away from you," Ashaya retorts.

"Give me back my Pokémon!" he growls, reaching for a Poké Ball. He tosses the ball and another round figure appears from it, resembling the ball it just burst from.

"I guess he means business..." Bethany comments.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #117
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Attempting to console the Porygon, Kael has no luck in his efforts, until Ashaya and Bethany come out in their newly "acquired" clothes, only to have the same result when they attempt to help. Soon enough, though, the reason for the Porygon's odd behavior shows itself, a man with big glasses and a bigger attitude, stomping this way and that as he shouts about the idea of Kael having stolen the Porygon. Ashaya points out that the Porygon clearly ran away, but the man will have none of it, tossing a Pokeball out to reveal another round figure from inside.

"Ugh. Look, punk. This Porygon clearly wants nothing to do with you, so I suggest you clear out..." pulling a Pokeball from his belt, he continues, "...before I give you a swift kick in the teeth."

Tossing the Pokeball into the air, the small form of Dianiv appears before the group, the Aron looking rather confused at the sight of the Porygon. But turning to spot the opposing trainer and his orb, she quickly figures out why she's been called out, taking a battle stance with a short shout. of "ARON!"

"Alright Dianiv, charge it with a Headbutt, then approach from a different direction with a Dragon Rush. Keep it off balance."

Quote:
Old 08-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #118
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Seeing your Steel type, he scoffs.

"Aron? That's nothing! At least give me a challenge! Voltorb, Charge and Shock Wave!"

Dianiv looks rather eager to get started, lowering her head immediately and kicking at the rocky ground. Voltorb's constantly angry expression also reflects battle readiness, starting off with a Charge - though not the kind that Dianiv prepares to do. Instead, it sparks with electrical energy, building up a good deal of power within its spherical body. However, this leaves it as a sitting duck for Dianiv to dash in, head low, to deliver a Headbutt. Voltorb's eyes widen as the little steel dino runs it right down, sending it tumbling across the stone street. It manages to reorient itself, staying within the field of battle, but it looks rather disappointed with that attack. Either way, though, it has quite a lot of power in its tanks, enough to release a big burst of Shock Wave. Surely enough, a wave of electrical charge washes over Dianiv, who cringes at the rather uncomfortable blast of electrical energy. Either way, though, she isn't discouraged, gathering together more Dragon forces to Rush down the Voltorb. Once again, head held low, she rams directly into the ball, sending it skidding across the stones. It rolls back, looking a little unhappy with that attack.

The man grumbles, clearly not entirely satisfied with the outcome of that first round.

"Eerie Impulse and another Shock Wave!" he orders, aggressively.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #119
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Kael smirks as he watches Dianiv smack the orb around rather handily, only for it to suddenly shock her with a burst of electricity. Nonetheless she continues her assault rather handily, before the orb's owner shouts out more orders. Confused by the name of the attack, Kael begins to assume the worst. Thinking for a moment, he figures out a quick solution. "It can't harm you if it can't hit you. Toss a Mud-Slap at it, then continue your assault with another Headbutt!"

"AR!" The small steel Pokemon quickly replies, nodding in agreement to the tactical idea before preparing to get back into the thick of it.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #120
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

With the two of you in agreement on your tactics, Dianiv rushes into the fray once again. Voltorb, meanwhile, looks on warily, looking to play a little more defensively this round. Dianiv starts off, in spite of her speed disadvantage, by turning around and kicking up a good deal of Mud (or rather, dry sand and grit), which Slaps up against the Voltorb's face, prompting a rather sour reaction from the orb. Almost as a reaction to the attack, it fires off an Eerie Impulse. This strange electrical wave sends a shiver down your spine and causes Dianiv to look somewhat uncomfortable herself. However, it doesn't seem to faze her too badly, as she easily segues into her next attack, lowering her head once again. She charges forward, head low, to smash into the ball for another Headbutt. The solid attack causes the Voltorb to tumble across the stone street once again, reorienting itself after a few moments. Its look is just as angry as always, but it seems to react quite aggressively with another burst. This time, the Shock Wave is not quite as impressive as the last one, but it definitely gives Dianiv a bit of a shock.

After those two solid hits, it looks like Voltorb is already starting to wear Neither of those past two rounds were particularly kind, leaving the ball looking a little bit ragged and a bit angry to boot. Dianiv is still in fighting condition, though the attacks she's taken thus far have been a little unfriendly.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #121
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Shivering as the strange wave washes over the area, Kael at least sighs a breath of relief as he realizes it's nothing Dianiv can't handle, and the Aron plows into the Voltorb once more, sending it reeling before it looses another, weaker, blast of electricity into Dianive. Looking over the wearing Voltorb, Kael decides it's time to finish it, shouting to his Aron once more, "Alright it's time to send that thing and its douche of a trainer packing. Run it down with another Headbutt and knock it out of the park with one final Dragon Rush!"

Quote:
Old 08-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #122
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Hearing your orders, the man barks out another set of aggressive orders.

"Stand your ground, Voltorb! Try to catch it with a Sonic Boom. Then give it one more Shock Wave."

Dianiv wastes little time, for the third time now getting itself low to the ground and facing down the angry little orb. Charging forward again, she goes for another Headbutt. This time, however, she's met with some resistance in the form of a Sonic Boom. The ball surges forward suddenly before halting just as suddenly as it began, causing a wave of pressurized air to blow forth with a slight pop. However, with Dianiv's rocky, metallic exterior, she's not even slightly aware of the attack, blowing right through it without even the slightest reaction. Once again, she plows into the orb for another hit. As before, it bounces across the cobblestones, bringing itself to a more uneasy stop. It gathers itself somewhat, but Dianiv is in much too good of a place at this point to give it any room to pause. Channeling her dragon energy once again, she rushes forward once again, chasing Voltorb down this time. It attempts to react with another Shock Wave, but it is truly too little, too late, as the ramming Dragon Rush connects, sending it tumbling. This time it can't collect itself, smacking into a nearby tree trunk.

Dianiv leveled up!

"Argh, Voltorb!" the man roars, recalling his ball Pokémon to its own Poké Ball. He is about to reach for another Poké Ball before something around his belt chimes. Looking a little confused, he reaches for something else instead. You notice that he's grabbed a Poké Gear, which has been ringing for a few moments. He answers it, turning away from you while still keeping an eye fixated on the Porygon.

"Yeah? What? ...but I found Porygon!... What? Really? ...but someone's already gotten to it! I was just gon- what? ... urgh, fine."

The man ends the call, turning back towards you just long enough to scowl and glare in your general direction before running off, heading westward in the direction of Olivine.

"...what the hell was that about?" Ashaya asks, a little flabbergasted.

"He seemed in a hurry. It must have been an emergency," Bethany suggests.

"I guess. They told him to leave Porygon, so it must be ridiculously urgent," Ashaya speculates, "Well, anyway, I guess that means Porygon is unquestionably yours."

Looking towards Porygon, you find that now that the man has left, it's gone back to normal, though it still looks somewhat unhappy.

"I suppose we can take it into the Center now..." Bethany remarks.

"Probably, yeah. And Pikachu should be just about ready to go too," Ashaya adds.

"Pikachu? Where did you get a Pikachu?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess I didn't tell you. We found on in the Tin Tower, being attacked by Rattata. We managed to save it from the pack but it was in pretty rough shape."

"Nice, and this time it'll actually be legitimate."

"I know, right?"

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-28-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #123
Sneaze
On The Hunt

With the Voltorb KO'd, Kael prepares to send the trainer packing, only for him to suddenly receive a call prompting him to run with a fair bit of speed away from the area and towards Olivine. Ashaya confirms Kael's thoughts that it would have to be a huge event to draw someone away from a Porygon of all things, but he's not overly concerned about it as long as it doesn't affect him down the line. Shrugging it off while Ashaya and Bethany continue their conversation, he proceeds to turn to the Porygon, cracking a smile at the virtual Pokemon. "So, what say we get you inside and get you fed? Maybe patched up if you need it?" Looking up at the sky darkening, Kael suddenly remembers just how long he'd been up for, and turns to the girls as they finish talking about the Pikachu. "We should probably get some sleep while we can. Who knows how long the task the sage wants us to take care of will take."

Quote:
Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #124
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

At the offer of more food and maybe a bit of patching up, Porygon's expression turns happy once again, eager to follow you inside. You're also reminded of your need for rest yourself, with the sun now only barely casting any light at all over the city. You enter the Center, Porygon and the two ladies trailing you, approaching the counter. The nurse seems rather surprised to see the Pokémon following you in.

"Wow, is that a Porgyon?" she asks, hardly hiding her surprise at all.

"Yeah, we found it abandoned," Ashaya explains.

You ask for them to take a look to make sure it's not too badly injured.

"Um, I don't really know how to treat a Porygon, sadly. If it were in a Poké Ball, that might be a different situation, but as it is, I don't know if there's much I can do. I might just suggest using a Potion or something, maybe feeding it?"

Again, at the suggestion of food, the virtual duck perked up.

"It definitely seems hungry," Bethany comments.

"I could use something to eat myself," Ashaya adds, "Why don't we just have some dinner and get some sleep."

Ashaya and Bethany both walk off towards the restaurant area, grabbing plates for themselves that they load up with food. With Porygon rather eager to eat, you follow, making something for yourself as well as Porygon and your other two Pokémon. You all eat while tuning out Ashaya and Bethany's inane gossip about people and things you're not familiar with. Once the lot of you finish, Ashaya and Bethany get up from the table and clear their plates. Ashaya turns to you.

"So, I'm pretty sure there's a room that will accommodate all of us. Let's go claim it before someone else does."

She and Bethany walk down the hall, and you, with the two of them still under your watch, have no choice but to follow. They lead you to a room with four beds arranged in two bunks.

"We'll take these two," pointing to the rightmost set, "you can have that one."

With that, the three of you prepare for bed. Porygon decides this to be a good place to stay the night as well, floating up and occupying the top bunk on your side of the room and shutting its systems down for the night, making your choice of bed for you. Once everything is sorted, the three of you fall asleep, sleeping straight through the night.

The next morning, you awaken first, just after sunrise. Ashaya wakes up next, not surprised to see you already awake.

"Good morning," she greets with a bit of a smirk.

Her voice prompts a reaction from Porygon, which suddenly bursts to life upon hearing her speak.

"And good morning to you too, strange computer duck creature," she extends her greeting.

The commotion stirs Bethany, who rubs her eyes as she wakes.

"Oh did I wake you, Beth? Sorry," she apologizes.

"No, no, it's okay," she replies, still groggy.

"So," Ashaya turns to you again, "I'm gonna check on Pikachu, and I'm sure Bethany needs some time to get ready," the other girl nods silently to confirm, "How about you give us both some time to get things together on our own. If we don't meet you in the lobby in say... 30 minutes, you can issue a warrant for our arrest. Sound good?"

"Where are we going, anyway?" Bethany asks.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #125
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Taking the Porygon to the nurse to get it checked up, Kael is a bit disappointed as she tells him she'd only really be able to examine it if it was in a Pokeball. Glancing at the Porygon, he decides it might be a bit too soon to offer one to his newfound floating friend, and just decides to head off and get everyone some food. Largely ignoring Ashaya and Bethany as they gossip, Kael eats and feeds his Pokemon before everyone gets up, Ashaya pointing out that there would be a suitable room to house everyone before leading the way there. The bedding situation is quickly figured out and soon everyone nods off.

The sun rises and Kael is the first to wake, followed by Ashaya who accidentally wakes the others as she talks. Pointing out that they need to get ready, Ashaya asks to meet in the lobby in half an hour, telling him to put up a warrant if they don't show, prompting a brief moment of thought from Kael. "You know, if I thought at this point you were going to run I would have had Dianiv block the door last night." Rubbing his head as he prepares to get up, he begins to usher the Porygon out into the lobby to get breakfast for himself and his Pokemon before turning to Ashaya. "Honestly, I just don't want you taking Pokemon that aren't yours to take." Pulling a Pokeball out of his pack, he offers it over to her, plopping in her hand before beginning to head back out, "Speaking of which, you might need this for the Pikachu." Turning to Bethany, he realizes he hadn't answered her question. "As for where we're going, I guess we should stop to see what the monk wants, then head to Violet. Maybe stop by the Park on the way to see if we can find the Florges."

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra