UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Of Books And Letters - Kael's Beginnings

Kael had been struggling to determine his father's work for a year, and with his book and the Pokeball containing a small Aron being all he had to discover where his father disappeared to all those years ago, he did one final check of his belongings before walking out the doors of the Azalea Pokecenter. He was finally prepared to leave this town. His first stop? The woods immediately to the east, now covered with a frost. He would have to stop at the shrine in the Ilex Forest to see how it compared to the drawings and symbols in his book. A quick tap on the old Pokeball loosed the Aron from within, and the young girl looked up at him happily, clearly enjoying being out of the ball after having been shut away for so long. He pulled his hood up over his head to block out the light reflecting off of the snow and wrapped his cloak snuggly around himself as he trudged towards the town limits and the trees that awaited beyond them, Dianiv scuttering about at his side.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
After struggling to decipher the book that your father left, you felt that you needed to go on a journey to see if anyone else can decipher his work along with the strange symbol which you embedded on your cloak and maybe an answer to your quesion of why he disappeared. Taking along his book and the Aron that was left with it as well, you headed off from your hometown of Azalea and into the Ilex Forest.

As you and Dianiv traverse the cold forest, you suddenly come across into a clearing though it seems that you aren't out of the woods just yet. You look around and you spot an icy rock in the middle of the area, a stone that's said to evolve a certain Pokemon. The rock itself is a rather beautiful sight, but that's not the only thing that catches your eye...

Near the rock you see an young man laid down on the ground as if he was unconcious. You approached the man, and upon further inspection, you see that there are light traces of blood around him. Not only that, but the man himself looked as though he was beaten up; enough to knock him out apparently. He's still alive thankfully though clearly he's on a bad situation. What will you do?
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
With the small Aron trailing behind him happily, occasionally falling behind in her playfulness and having to run to catch up, Kael finally comes upon a clearing in the forest. Smack in the center is an odd rock that catches his attention quite wonderfully before Dianiv tugged at his cloak to get his attention, pointing towards an unconscious young man nearby. Looking closer at the man he notices some blood, and it's clear he's been knocked cold.

Approaching the man, Kael leans over, and instead of attempting to wake him in any way, he goes straight for his pockets. The moment he does, though, Dianiv gives him a swift hit to the leg.

"Ow!" Kael snaps at the Aron. "What was that for you little piece of --" Another hit. "Ow! Knock it off!"

"Ar aron ar!" Dianiv shouts back angrily, shaking the man a bit with her head.

Kael responds quickly, though he's unsure what the Aron is saying. "He's out cold. It's not like he'd ever know!"

The Aron tilts its head in disbelief for a moment before continuing its shouting. "RON! ARON!"

Groaning, Kael reluctantly agrees with his Pokemon. "Fine. I'll see if I can help him." A brief pause before he realizes he might have to leave the clearing and the rock behind if the man needs immediate help. "Go and see if you can break off a small chunk of that rock. I want to examine it later."

A bit puzzled, Dianiv looks back at the icy rock before going to see if she can at least chip off a small bit for her trainer. Kael on the other hand looks over the man's body. He doesn't want to try to shake him in order to wake him up in the event that he's seriously injured, but leaving him in the cold like this won't do either. Sighing and unsure how to handle this without possibly making things worse, he proceeds to give the man a few light smacks on the face in hopes that he wakes up.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:17 AM   #4
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
When you slap the man a third time, he finally starts to groan and show some spark of life. Curious, you prod the man a few more times, wondering if he'll ever open his eyes. Aron blinks and nudges the man with you. After two more nudges, the man winces. He opens his eyes, pushing himself off the ground into a steady position. You notice that a large bruise is colouring his face like a smudge on an easel. He looks pained. Sighing, you help him lean forward.

"How are you feeling?" you ask. "We found you lying on the ground, unconscious. What happened?"

The man whispers, forcing you to lean towards him to listen.

"I-I was in the town square with my Eevee, when a woman approached me. S-She said that she could show me to the Icy Rock," he stammers.

"And you followed her into the Forest?"

He nods. "She said that the Rock would help my Eevee... When we reached the forest, I felt this huge force on the back of my head." He shudders "And then I blacked out after that. Don't remember anything more than that."

When the man tries to stand up, he falls back down again. You assess his wounds: he may need urgent medical attention soon.

"The thief... she took my Eevee. My Pokemon is precious to me," says the man, clutching your hand. "Please help me get my Eevee back. He means the world to me."

"I will, but before I can do that, we need to take you back to town and get you checked out," you say.

You hoist the man into a more comfortable sitting position. However, he shakes his head and bats away your arms. A crazed but desperate gleam glazes his face.

"No, I don't want medical attention. First, please fetch me my Eevee. That's more important to me." Shuddering, he points at a red bush ten feet ahead. "The thief might have gone that way. Please..."

You have a dilemma. You could either ignore the man's wishes and take him to Azalea for urgent medical attention. Or you could listen to his pleas and pursue the thief first. What do you do?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #5
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Confused by the man's pleas, Kael decides to oblige, heading towards the bush the man had just pointed to.

"AR! ARON!" Dianiv shouts at her trainer, standing firmly by the man's side.

"...what? He said he'd be fine!" Kael snaps back.

"RON! AR! ARON!" The small metal Pokemon doesn't budge an inch.

"Fine... we'll do this your way then..." Kael groans before heading back over to the man. "I'm going to take you with us. Here, put your arm around my shoulder." He wraps the man's arm around him before attempting to hoist him up and drag him along with towards the bush.

Dianiv tilts her head at her trainer's actions. It wasn't what she intended, but she supposes it was certainly better than nothing.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
As you pull the man up, the bush twitches almost on cue. Immediately, your Aron growls and pounces towards it. A yelp sounds out, and a woman emerges, dragged out by your Aron. She is wearing a black robe which is tight-fitting, revealing a gratuitous amount of flesh in a wintry environment. When she pulls down her hoodie, a mane of red hair splashes out, reminding you of a Pyroar or a crown of fire. Her leonine features twist into a smirk. The injured man points an accusatory finger at her.

"T-That's the woman! She's the one who stole my Eevee!" he says.

"The woman who got away with stealing your Eevee." She corrects him, as she clicks open a PokeBall. From a red jet of light converges a bristling Snover, who itches for a battle.

"Snover, use Mist now!"
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #7
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael is instantly shocked as Dianiv rushes in towards the moving bush, only to drag a woman out. 'Good thing she's so heavy, I guess.' He briefly thought to himself before the man he was carrying shouted.

"Wow, you sure weren't too quick with your escape." Kael snarkily addresses the woman as she emerges from the bush. The moment she flashes a Pokeball, Kael's mood turns sour. "Oh you've got to be kidding me."

Dianiv growls at the Snover the moment it appears, eliciting quick orders from her trainer. "Don't let them get away! Charge that Snover with a Dragon Rush now!"

Kael grips the man as tightly as he can before breaking into as much speed as possible to try to catch up with the woman. "Hold on tight."
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:36 AM   #8
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Trainer Battle! Snover vs Aron

Snover's eyes widen when a scrappy Aron charges into him with the force of a rampaging dragon. With a bang, Snover flies backwards, colliding into a snowy tree. Panic churns within the woman, who grits her teeth and snaps at Snover to get back on his feet. You take this moment of reprieve to sit the injured man down into a more comfortable position. After placing him against the Icy Rock, you exchange glances with your Aron. This battle is certainly on foot. And it is pivotal to regaining that Eevee.

"Snover, Powder Snow!" yells the woman.

Immediately, Snover belches a thin mist of snow which barrels towards you and Aron. You have faith in your Pokemon. That is a mark of a good Trainer: faith and trust in your partner to fight for you. You nod with resolve.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #9
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael chuckles as the Snover goes sailing before placing the man back down against the rock and heading back into the thick of things. "Don't worry, I'll get your Eevee!" He shouts back at the man. 'Ugh why am I even getting involved with this. Stupid Aron and her stupid morals.' The woman calls for an attack, but it only serves to further his amusement. "Wow, where did you learn how to battle?" He shot a remark at the woman to try to get a reaction out of her. "Dianiv, that cold should be nothing to you, so just rush in and Tackle it." Meanwhile he tries to run around the area in which the two Pokemon are battling, no longer hindered by carrying the man. He was going to stop this woman even if it meant putting her in worse shape than her mugging target was.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 AM   #10
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Trainer Battle! Snover vs Aron

Your sarcastic voice retorts: "Wow, where did you learn how to battle?"

Scowling, the woman glares at her Snover and barks at him to get back on his feet. Snover only does it moments before Aron tackles him onto the snowy floor. A squall of snow and sleet bursts outwards, like a plume. In the din of chaos, the injured man groans again: his injured body still requires medical help, signalling that this battle needs to end as soon as possible. The earlier, the better. This skirmish cannot afford to be dragged out. You reassure yourself with this thought. Time to bring home the pain: Aron vs Snover can only end one way, after all.

The woman sneers.

"Razor Leaf, Snover," she cries. "Follow with Powder Snow!"

Instantly, a swirl of sharpened leaves blast towards Aron. You pause before delivering your next orders.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #11
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Worried about the state of the man behind him, Kael barks orders back at Dianiv hastily, knowing that this fight is easily in his hands. "Tackle it once more and put it down with another Dragon Rush!" His attention turned fully to the trainer now as he decides to make sure she's not going anywhere any time soon. "I'll get the girl." Ignoring the battle momentarily he broke into a full sprint to charge at the woman, leading with his shoulder to try to knock her over. "This ends now!"
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #12
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
"Powder Snow again," commands the woman.

You roll your eyes at the woman's most predictable orders. Honestly, hasn't she learnt by now that Ice moves do not perturb Rocks types in any particular way? This battle is getting repetitive, and you feel impatience bubble within you. It's time to end this nonsense. And you know exactly what to do in order to finish this anarchy.

"Dianiv, use Dragon Rush again," you say.

Instantly, Aron barrels forward into Snover, like an avalache, knocking the woodland Pokemon into a tree. The swirls of blue and white rebound outwards, briefly sending an indecipherable cloud of dust everywhere. When the commotion dies down, you can see that Snover is fallen over, though. The mark of unconsciousness is stamped all over the Pokemon. Aron jumps up and down. Indeed, Dianiv looks at you, expecting some sort of congratulations for this victory.

Dianiv leveled up!

When the woman returns her Snover to the Pokeball, you jump at her before she can vanish again. Aron helps you pin her down onto the snow. Despite her precarious situation, the woman still manages to don an irritating smirk. Her red hair splays out like a fan. You can't help but notice the striking contrast it forms on the white snow.

"What is your name and who are you?" you snap, trying to sound intimidating.

The woman scoffs. "And why do you think I would tell you?"

"Because I can make you."

Although she rolls her eyes, the woman does begrudgingly provide her with her name: "My name is Ashaya."
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #13
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
With Dianiv successfully knocking the Snover cold, Kael slams into the woman, knocking her to the ground. After a brief moment of interrogation, she reveals her name to be Ashaya.

"Well, Ashaya, I'm taking you and your victim back to town. You can answer to the authorities there." Kael smirks before reaching into his sack to produce an Escape Rope, using it to firmly tie the woman's hands together. "And if you try anything funny on the way, Dianiv will break your legs."

The Aron tilted her head at the mention of her name before agreeing. "ARON!" The hundred and thirty pound mass of rock and metal then proceeded to climb on the woman's chest to hold her down for a moment, allowing Kael to pat her down to check for weapons and any other items the woman might have, taking anything he may find, including her Snover's Pokeball. "You can have this back when the authorities give it back."

The Aron then hops off of the woman's chest, and Kael hoists her to her feet using the rope. "Now come on." He barks, tugging at the rope as he walks back over to the injured man in order to help him up and make their way back to town.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #14
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"You can have this back when the authorities give it back," you say, as Ashaya glares.

"You're a naive little boy, if you think that imprisoning me would be easy," says Ashaya, her voice tinged with scorn. "I have many allies, and we have resources that you could not even imagine."

Scoffing, you return to the injured man. Ashaya can say whatever she wants, but the level of delusion permeating her brain is a new standard of delusional. The dire situation with the man, however, is quite real. When you crouch next to him, an urgent pallidity has reached his face, draining aways all signs of colour. His fingers have gone cold as an Arctic gale, making you shiver at the very touch of them. With each rise and fall of his chest, you can tell that his breath is laboured. Expedient medical help might be required soon.

Sensing you next to him, the man weakly opens his eyes.

"D-Did you get him? Did you manage to find my Eevee?" he whispers in a quiet voice.

"Hey man, you're gonna be okay," you say in your calmest voice. "I caught the thief and have her stuff with me right now. We can check if you want."

When the man nods, you reach for the Pokeballs and trinkets that you found off the woman during the frisk search. For somebody in tight-fitting garb, she had an impressive array of weapons on her. You did not know that it was even possible to hold a dagger in the ungodly place that you found the weapon on her. As you pick up one of the Pokeballs and bring to the man, he talks to you in a wispy voice. He winces, trying to save his breath.

"My name is Jonathan, by the way. T-Thank you for offering to help me. You didn't have to do all this..." he trails off.

You shake your head. "Don't waste your breath. It's fine."

"Still, I do feel indebted to you," says Jonathan quietly. "O-Once we get back to town, I'll definitely pay you back. I promise."

Instead of responding, you pass the Pokeball from Ashaya into Jonathan's hands. He takes it and stares. Taking a deep breath, Jonathan gives you a weak smile.

"Well, here goes nothing," says Jonathan, as he clicks open the Pokeball.

A red jet of light rebounds and bursts onto the forest floor, illuminating the trees in a crimson haze. When you cover your eyes, the energies coalesce into a vaguely quadrapedal figure. A cream-coloured tail emerges and curves like a painter's brush. Four short legs form and support a delicate body covered with brown fur which reminds you of a downy coat. Two pointed ears twitch from above a face of two, bright-amber eyes. When Jonathan breaks into a smile, you realise that this is his lost Eevee. On cue, the Pokemon jumps into her Trainer's arms, cooing happily.

"Eevee... I missed you," Jonathan mutters, pressing the Pokemon against his cheeks.

He looks at you; gratitude flushes his cheeks.

"Thank you," says Jonathan.

After Jonathan promises to reward you greatly for your act of charity, you turn back towards Ashaya. Your Aron has done a good job: the woman is still tied up and firmly immobilised. Her face burns as red as her mane of hair, when you approach her. She narrows her eyes into slits. You wonder what she might do to you if her hands are free. Something horrible, probably.

"You are terribly arrogant if you think this game is over," says Ashaya waspishly. "My allies should be here soon. I have plans. We have great plans. Plans to take over."

"Take over what, exactly?"

You turn around to the source of the brash voice. Walking towards with a purposeful gait is a snowsuit and black boots. Under a blue hat that indicates the Azalea Police, a burly man in his thirties crosses his arms. He twitches his sharp nose which reminds you of an eagle's beak. A pair of brown eyes, set as black onyx, does not look impressed at the scene beside the Icy Rock. This entire ensemble implies "police officer". An irritated police officer. When he walks towards the captive Ashaya, you wisely move out of the way. Ashaya winces, as the man kneels beside her.

"Once again, what are you planning to take over?" asks the officer. "Do you want to tell me now, or should we take this conversation to one of the interrogation rooms at the Station?"

"I have nothing to say," Ashaya retorts.

Rolling his eyes, the officer addresses you. His badge gleams like a beacon. One quick glance at his waist reveals his pistol and the fact that he is ready for business. This policeman does not kid around. He nods at you with the faintest note of respect.

"Thanks for catching this one." The officer says to you. "She's part of an underground smuggling ring that we've been pursuing for weeks. Famous for robbing people blind and stealing their Pokemon. How did you subdue her, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She was alone, and I attacked her with my Aron," you answer easily.

Confused, the officer scratches his head. "That's odd. Because normally they work in pairs. If one is here, that must mean that the other one is -"

"-the other one is right here," says a feminine voice.

You barely have enough time to respond when a reindeer charges at you and the officer. Without thinking, Aron leaps in front of you and shields you from the impact. A loud clang reverberates the forest as the great beast collides into your Aron. Your eyes widen when you get a better glimpse of Aron's foe: two long antlers adorned on top of a heaving face. Dark eyes, gleaming with rage. A Stanler. And its owner is right behind, crouching next to the tied Ashaya. The police officer snarls when you and he both notice that the Stanler's owner has untied Ashaya.

"Bethany. Of course, you're nearby." The officer nearly spits out the name. "Where Ashaya is, Bethany goes."

Bethany stands up and pulls down her hood. A long ponytail of black hair flips out, revealing a sardonic face of freckles and full lips. Her small nose gives you the impression of a jacket button. She emblazons a crooked smirk which is simultaneously smug and cheeky. Like Ashaya, she wears a tight-fitting black robe which does nothing to hide her jaunty hips and snug chest. Bethany lifts one of her Pokeballs to her lips and licks it.

"Officer. Nice to meet you again. You are charming as always," says Bethany with the sass of a lounge cat.

Amused, she looks at you. "And my, my. Officer, you brought a friend with you? How did you know that I have a soft spot for bald men?"

You cannot help but glower at the flicker of sarcasm in the woman's voice.

"If I play nice, would you let me coddle him a little?" Bethany asks.

"Cut the crap, Bethany. Say what you have to say," snaps the policeman.

After Bethany unties the final knot, Ashaya flicks the escape rope off her and stands up. She pats down her mane of red hair which gives the impression of burning fire. Wordlessly, Bethany passes a Pokeball to Ashaya. As the two women exchange an indecipherable look between them, you feel a surge of impatience at the situation in front of you. What are they planning to do? What are their plans? The officer seems to share your frustrations; he stiffens next to you and scowls.

"Ashaya, you've done enough damage for now. Leave, and I'll take care of things at this end," says Bethany with the finality of a command.

After nodding at Bethany, Ashaya hisses at you. "I'll see you later. I'll be back for my Snover. And to reclaim what should be mine."

To your surprise, Ashaya spins around and begins racing into the heart of the Ilex Forest. If nobody chases after her, the woman will be long gone before anybody can do anything. The officer seems to notice this dilemma as well. Biting his lip, he unclips one of his own Pokeballs and throws it out. Instantly, a grey humanoid of bundled muscles materialises with a shimmer. The bright red eyes on the Pokemon confirms your guess of Machop. The Pokemon stomps on the ground and barrels into Stantler, knocking the deer right off your Aron.

With a sigh of relief, Aron bounces free and rushes towards you. She nudges against your leg with a palpable sense of friendship. After you reassure your Aron, the police officer regains your attention. He grabs your attention.

"We need to split up. If that woman gets away, we won't be able to do anything," explains the officer. "I can handle Bethany and take that injured man to medical help. What do you want to do, though? I can pursue Ashaya if you'd prefer to stay here."

You observe the two choices ahead of you: either head into the unknown dangers of Ilex and chase after Ashaya, or stay with Jonathan and fight Bethany, who appears to be a more experienced Trainer than Ashaya.

Which option will you choose?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #15
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael watches in anger as his Aron is sent tumbling and his prisoner untied. As Ashaya runs away and Bethany stays to fight, the police officer sends out a Machop and suggests that Kael follow the red haired woman, but Kael has a better plan.

"No. We both stay and fight Bethany." He rises from his crouched position of comforting Dianiv. "Ashaya will be back for her Snover sooner or later, and we'll be prepared. And for now, it's better to make sure we apprehend this one. If we split up they could both get away."

He reaches out and grabs Jonathan's arm, a sign to show how how stuck in this plan he is. "And this man is badly hurt. If one of us tries to bring both of these two back to town they'll be greatly slowed and he might not get help soon enough. We need to pull our losses and track her later." He turns his attention to Bethany, pulling in the rope that was used to tie up Ashaya. "Dianiv, Dragon Rush her Stantler. Keep under its feet as much as possible, you're safer there, but if you can knock it over and get on top of it to keep it from moving, do so." He then turns back to the injured man and his Eevee. "Any chance you could give us a hand here?"
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #16
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"Any chance you could give us a hand here?" you ask Jonathan.

The officer purses his lip. "I don't think he can hear you. The guy has lost a lot of blood..."

Stantler interrupts the policeman. The deer jumps blithely over your Aron's attempts at a Dragon Rush and leaps straight at Machop. The skill level of that Pokemon is evident. Charging, the reindeer barrels into Machop and tackles the biped into a tree. Machop wails when the purple tendrils crowning the deer's head, like a helmet, bursts with Psychic energy. You recognise the attack from the information that you've read in Pokemon Centres: Zen Headbutt. And clearly, it is doing a number on Machop. However, you strain to remember what else people have said about Stantler. Your eyes narrow when you remember the factoids: Stantler only learns Zen Headbutt after a wealth of experience, far greater than the paltry amounts that you have had with Aron.

"If you don't hurry, Ashaya will be long gone," says Bethany in a sardonic tone. "And who knows what reinforcements she will bring back?"

Machop vaults over Stantler and flips over in a roundhouse kick. As Stantler parries with its own pair of kicks, Aron glances at you. The heat of fray between this two Pokemon is extraordinary. Machop ducks down and lifts the mighty deer, tossing his opponent with a herculean heave. After falling over, Stantler cries and headbutts Machop with another circlet of Psychic energies. You ponder; this battle may be out of your league. The police officer appears to come to a similar conclusion. Wincing, he pulls a map out of his pocket and shoves it into your hands.

"That's a map to Goldenrod City. The smugglers might be hiding there," explains the officer. "Ashaya's most probable destination. If you reach the city, ask for reinforcements from the local police department."

When you glance at the injured Jonathan, the police officer snaps back.

"I'll take over the injuries. I can call the local doctor," says the officer.

Bethany smirks. "Aw, you don't want Baldy to stay around? I'm a little hurt, Officer Randall. You never give me what I want."

"I'm plenty enough to fight you all by myself," retorts the officer.

Giddy, Bethany flips back her ponytail like a whip. Her dark eyes scintillate as she clicks open yet another Pokeball. This time, a sylphlike mermaid appears with a blinding shine. From a svelte torso bursts a bouquet of flowers which reminds you of a cornucopia. Green lashes flutter from a pale, elfish face, and two, large flukes form great leaves. The beatific creature floats upwards and chortles an echoing cry. Her voice peals as a chime. When Machop instinctively recoils from the Pokemon, you realise that this Pokemon is the mightiest evolution of the pixie Flabébé: Florges, the quintessential elegist.

"Florges," commands Bethany. "Fairy Wind."

Silkily, Florges stirs and flaps her flukes. A pulsing, blue wind laces with sparkling dust, billowing at both Aron and Machop. As Machop cries and shields his face, your sight drifts towards your own Pokemon. And you are surprised. Although Aron is meant to resist the magical assaults of the Fairy types, the steel critter wails against the wind. Pain blossoms over Aron's face. Despite Aron's type advantage, Florges's strength reigns superior. When Aron tries to Rush forward with a draconic power, the Fairy nonchalantly erects a Protective shield against your Pokemon. You are outgunned and outmatched. Officer Randall grits his teeth and opens one of his Pokeballs.

"Double battle time? Ursaring, I choose you!" says Officer Randall.

With a burst of light, a large bear emerges. Nonplussed, Ursaring charges at Florges and slams the sylvan into the ground. Machop jumps at this opening to throw a fearsome punch at Stantler, pummelling the deer into a tree. Snow and sleet are thrown everywhere, as the double battle erupts with bedlam. Bethany concentrates, as she shouts orders with the precision of an experienced battler. Parrying with his own, Officer Randall holds his own and only has an evanescent minute to address you.

"Here, have a Hyper Potion. Your Aron will need it after that attack," says Officer Randall, shoving a cannister into your hands.

"Baldy, you should listen to Randall. Let Mommy and Daddy sort out their own battles," wheedles Bethany.

Officer Randall grits his teeth. "Ignore her goading. Hurry, now! Ashaya is getting away, and we've already wasted enough time as it is."

How do you respond?

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 03-21-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #17
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael watches as the other woman's Pokemon leaps around his Aron effortlessly before tusseling with the Machop. When the battle quickly turns into a full on brawl and Dianiv gets pretty nastily roughed up he becomes somewhat worried before being told this isn't his battle.

Realizing he's clearly outclassed here, Kael snatches the Hyper Potion from the policeman's hand gruffly. "Come on Dianiv, we've got some running to do." He then proceeds to spray the Hyper Potion on the Aron and take off towards where Ashaya ran. He eyes the footprints left in the snow as he runs, his partner trailing along almost directly behind him. "We're not going to let this thief get away, huh?" To which the small metal monster eagerly replied "AR!"
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #18
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"We're not going to let this thief get away, huh?" you say to your Aron, who nods in affirmative.

As you race down into the heart of the Ilex Forest, you notice the road branches into the parts. The one on the right is beautiful and scenic, adorned with snowcapped trees and radiant sunshine. A golden glow permeates this road, drenching it with light. The one on the left is a stark contrast: every pebble adorns with fear ranging from the ominous trees that loom as goliaths and the frigid frost that has frozen the craggy pathway. Aron shivers at the thought of the left road.

When you look down to trace Ashaya's footprints, your efforts are stymied: the witch seems to have used the time that you've given her for a headstart and has hidden her tracks. More frustratingly, Officer Randall's map does not help you at all in this respect: this section of the Forest is coffee-stained on his map. This choice between left and right must be one of your own choosing.


How do you respond? Which road do you take?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Running to catch Ashaya, Kael quickly finds himself puzzled as he comes across the split path before himself. Looking at the map he finds that it's stained right where the paths are. "Well. That's just lovely." He turns to his Aron and notices her looking down the brighter path. "Well, which way would you like to go?"

"RON!" Dianiv blurts out happily at being given the decision before trotting a few steps towards the brighter path.

"Alright then, let's go." Kael responds, eliciting a quick and happy hum from the Aron who takes a few more skips forward... only to realize that her trainer is not walking the same way. Turning around she spies Kael beginning to walk down the darker path. "What? I never said we would actually go the way you wanted. Come on now."

"Aron..." Dianiv looks back at the brighter path dejected before following Kael down the darker of the two.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #20
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"What? I never said we would actually go the way you wanted. Come on now," you say to the reluctant Aron.

The dark road shudders with a blistering breeze when you tread its path. Hissing, the trees bristle with an unknown force. Leaves as black as tar falls onto the ashen snow which transforms into a grey slush under your shoes. Pebbles and rocks become jagged like knives. Light struggles to squint through the canopy that shrouds this entire section of the forest. Undeterred, you walk down with conviction. A little change of scenery should not be too ominous. Your Aron seems to want to disagree, though.

You grind to a halt when a low growl rolls from between two great trees. That sound is not particularly natural. When it sounds again, you peer closer and realise that it's coming from a prickly bush.

What is the appropriate choice? Investigate the growl or continue walking down?


How do you respond?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #21
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Trotting at a decent pace along the somewhat gloomier of paths, Dianiv following behind somewhat reluctantly, Kael seems to almost enjoy the eerie route. Noticing the Aron shivering from fright a bit, he turns back and quips at her. "What's the matter? Didn't know you were afraid of the dark. You know this won't be the first time we have to go somewhere spooky."

"...ron..." Dianiv responds shakily before holding her head up and taking strides with somewhat mock confidence.

"Now that's better!" Kael jokes, but their conversation is quickly cut short when a growling sound permeates the area. "...I don't suppose that was your stomach?"

The Aron's eyes narrow slightly at the joke in distaste. Shrugging it off, Dianiv points herself towards the trees the sound came from. "Ron! Ar!"

"Didn't think so." Kael proceeds to turn towards the source of the sound. Unsure as to what could be making the noise, he approaches slowly. Noticing the brambles, he comes a quick conclusion. "Maybe whatever's in there is hurt." The statement elicits a tilt of the head from Dianiv, confused as to her trainer's concern. "Let's see if we can get it to come out, huh?" He then continued to dig through his bag before presenting a single Chesto Berry held out in his open palm. Approaching slowly, and crouched low to the ground, he beckons whatever was growling to come out. "It's okay. I won't hurt you. Come on out, those brambles must be painful."
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:10 AM   #22
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"It's okay. I won't hurt you," you say, offering a Chesto. "Come on out, those brambles must be painful."

Carefully, a dark figure emerges. White teeth grit as grey fur, like ash on snow, bristles in the cold chill. Four paws step forward with apprehension. Yellow eyes with raw, red rims glower at you. When a red snout sniffs at the Chesto Berry, you notice the two ears twitching on top of the Pokemon's head almost as twin radars. A dark snarl expands across the creature's face, revealing a maw of violence. You snap open your Pokédex and scan the wolf.

"Poochyena: The Bite Pokémon," declares the Pokédex. "A Pokémon with a persistent nature, it chases its chosen prey until the prey becomes exhausted."

You examine the wolf, as he snaps the Chesto berry off your hands. He chews the berry with a neutral expression, although you can tell that maybe he wants something of a spicier characteristic.


How do you respond?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #23
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
"Oh? A Poochyena?" Kael observes as the small Pokemon snarfs the berry out of his hand. Dianiv stands back a bit from the scene, not wanting to startle the other Pokemon, tilting her head to try to figure out what's going on. As Kael watches the pooch eat, he recognizes that it may want something with a bit more kick to it. "A fan of spicy stuff, huh? I don't blame you, it's my favorite too." A short rummage through is pack causes Kael to produce another berry, this time the small round red Cheri Berry. "Here, why don't you try this on for size?" Once again he held out his hand towards the Poochyena. "Do you mind if I make sure you're not hurt? There are some bad people running around out here."
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #24
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bar-hopping with Notorious RBG
Posts: 2,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pokemon Smugglers

"Here, why don't you try this on for size?" You hold out a Cheri Berry to Poochyena "Do you mind if I make sure you're not hurt? There are some bad people running around out here."

Reluctant, the dog sniffs your hand before chomping down the Cheri. His face lights up like a Christmas display, as he munches. Spicy is his cup of tea, it seems. Poochyena's growl melts away into a more friendly expression. Although he still carries some aura of distrust, Poochyena edges closer to you in anticipation. His characteristic adamance segues into more amiability. When he approaches your leg, you are able to glimpse his right leg with better scrutiny.

Your guess that the thorns have scraped him prove to be correct: a dark red gash stretches across his right paw, explaining much of his initial gruffness. You need to maintain Poochyena's trust in order to befriend him, but what are your options? You glance at Aron.


How do you respond?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
Sneaze
On The Hunt
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael watches with a grin as the Poochyena practically inhales the offered Cheri Berry, before slowly coming forward, revealing a rather large gash across its paw. Kael and Dianiv eye down the wound cautiously, before Kael speaks up. "That looks like it must hurt a fair bit. I have some supplies I could use to take the pain away, but I really don't have much..." his voice trails off as he produces a single Potion from his pack, before another idea strikes him. "I am going to the next city, though! You could come with and we could get you all fixed up there!" His eyes light up as Dianiv tilts her head once more, wondering what her trainer is up to.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.