Noivern(Rowdy Bird) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Super Fang
A speedy Dragon Slayer, Noivern's biggest job is to destroy Salamances and Garchomps aand do tons of damage to everything else. I used to use Scarf to outspeed Scarfmance and Scarfchomp but with the decreasing usage of those two I've started running Specs for more raw power. Draco Meteor kills dragons really hard and is really strong and gets STAB. Flamethrower hits steel types who resist Draco Nuke and gets sun boosted when partnered with Charizard so that's a plus. No Fire Blast unfortunately. Dragon Pulse also OHKOs all of the common Dragons and doesn't have that nasty Sp. Attack drop. Super Fang is a weird move but it extremely reliable damage-wise, cutting the target's HP in half. When partnered with Bisharp, Super Fang Assurance combo can be an extremely quick way to KO a Pokemon. Boring 252+ SpA 252 Spd spread is boring.

Bisharp(Knifehead) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Assurance
- Low Sweep
Bisharp is the main physical attacker on my team, and he's really good at it too. Defiant is a huge plus with Intimidate as common as ever, and makes opponents think twice about sending in Mawiles and Salamances. Protect stalls out things like Fake Out and Safeguard and Screens and what not. Sucker Punch is a fast and strong priority move that deals lots of damage while making up for Bisharp's horrid speed. Assurance deals double damage if the target got hit by an attack earlier that turn. A great move that deals tons of damage, and can be paired with Rock Slide or Heat Wave, allowing the main target to be hit and its partner to be Assuranced into oblivion. Low Sweep is good coverage and Dark/Fighting has near perfect coverage and also speed control. 48 HP / 24 Def lives Garchomp EQ and 252+ Atk / 184 Spd gives me the maximum speed and power possible.

Aerodactyl(Flappy Bird) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Wide Guard
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
The support pokemon on my team, which is without a doubt my MVP and supports a good portion of my team. Wide Guard is a fabulous move which blocks double-target moves for both you and your partner. Can be extremely effective when partnered with Charizard as Charizard's biggest fear is rock slide and Wide Guard totally blocks it. Tailwind is Aerodactyl’s most important move as it allow my Pokemon to outspeed the opponent, netting me essential KOs or burns before the opponent can act. Rock Slide does damage to both sides and is awesome. Taunt stops Meowstic from being annoying and stops Rotoms from using burns if I don’t want them to. Decided to run 252 Atk / 252+ Spd for more damage from Rock Slide, as Aerodactyl is not supposed to be lasting long but rather setting up Tailwind, Taunt, and Wide Guard as needed before going down.

Rotom-Wash(Hosedown) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 28 SpA / 180 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
Double status Rotom-W helps with Speed control and burns. Thunder Wave paralyzes, Will-o-wisp burns, Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt hit different things like Charizard Y, T-tar, Talonflame, etc. 252 HP / 180+ SpD lives Char Y Solarbeam, 252 HP / 44 Def lives Mega Mawile Play Rough, 32 Speed outspeeds most other Rotom-W. Fairly generic but useful all the same. Also bonus for being my favorite Pokemon since Gen IV <3

Ferrothorn(Pincussion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Def
IVs: 0 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
Ferrothorn walls things well. It sets up seeds and heals and does lots of damage with Gyro Ball and is just an all around good Pokemon to have on my team. Protect is protect, stalling out Leech Seeds and Leftovers. Gyro Ball hits for superb damage against many fast Pokemon that Thunder Wave and Low Sweep didn’t hit, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Garchomp that aren’t dead, Scarfed Pokemon, and so on. Power Whip OHKOs Rotom-W and hits some Pokemon who resist Gyro Ball like Mega Manectric. Leech Seed is great because it isn’t blocked by Safeguard and drains health and makes Ferrothorn hard to KO. 252 HP for more wallage, 220+ Attack OHKOs 44 Def Rotom-W, 36 Def gives it a bit of extra wallpower.

Charizard(Angry Bird) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Ancient Power
Mega Charizard Y is the main powerhouse of my team, Sun boosted- Heat Wave doing tons of damage to those who don’t resist and lots of damage to those who do. Hitting both sides is extremely important, although 90 accuracy has come to bite me in the rear more than enough times. Solar Beam hits Water and Rock types for Super Effective damage, and can KO other weather changers if played right. Ancient Power hits Talonflame and other Mega Charizard Y, as well as doing more damage to Pyroar and Rotom-H. Protect does not need to be mentioned again.

Tell me what you think, please
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Last edited by rotomotorz; 07-09-2014 at 10:11 PM.
rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Heather
Naga's Voice

The VgC team I was planning on trying out has some threats to some members of this team that you may want to watch for.

Pincussion (or is it pincushion?) will be one hit roasted by Special Megachomp's Fire Blast, boosted or no.

Just watch out for Greninjas spamming HP Grass on Hosedown. Grass Knot probably won't cut it what with low weight.

Other than that it's a good team overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've only faced teams in the lower third of the ladder, so what impressions I have about VGC 2014's MVPs may be different from the reality. But speaking from the experience of the hundreds of battles I've partaken in, I feel like your team looks like it has decent to excellent answers for most of the common threats in the format.

Did you mean to have Focus Blast on Noivern or did you mean to have Dragon Pulse? Your paragraph of text for Noivern makes it seem like you intended Focus Blast as an answer to enemy Mega Kangaskhans but your moveset lists Dragon Pulse which I assume is there for the times where you want to use Dragon STAB and not have to call Noivern back the very next turn because of a SpAtk drop.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Whoops, this is an updated team with outdated descriptions. I have this on Nugget bridge as well and some guys there told me to switch Focus Blast with Dragon Pulse

Mega Chomp is no match for Noivern

HP Grass might hurt but I can deal with Greninja quickly due to its low defenses. And its a 3HKO anyways
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Rotom-W: 159-190 (52.3 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
After Sitrus berry, it'll survive another two hits
Squad Summary

Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
Heather
Naga's Voice

Cough cough expert belt cough cough

Quote:
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

The calc is done with Life Orb, which is as potent or Expert Belt if not more
Squad Summary

Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Heather
Naga's Voice

Yes but then the cals for countering it would be done with a life orb damage, correct? Expert Belt calls remove that ten percent decrease in HP.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

>Implying that Greninja's defenses aren't so poor that is matters

I mean, I could just Paralyze is and smash it with my partner
Squad Summary

Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #9
Heather
Naga's Voice

Ten percent can make all the difference, no matter what.
Not only that, I'm only telling you to watch out as they'll cause a lot of unwanted damage that may cost you later.

10% once got me a tie for a match rather than a straight win thanks to a life orb I just figured out that the Tyrantrum had. It got smashed to 7% HP courtesy of Thundurus. KOing it in return OHKO'd Thundurus but finished me off.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team