UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 01-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Have you heard this one before?

The title will probably change at a future date but for now...

Since I've written quite a few posts about my team, usually on the CC, I've decided to put them all here for my own personal perferance.

No one can post here but me, lol not that I expect anyone to want to.

Table of contents
An Adam Tale P1
An Adam Tale P2
An Adam Tale P3
--
Introducing Viola

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 04-16-2023 at 07:39 AM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

An Adam Tale Pt.3

After severe weeks of looking, a man standing on the outside of the entrance of an old mining cave, got one step closer of finding his runaway Pokemon.

His clothes were dirty with dust, his jeans ripped and torn, his 'lucky' black leather jacket now contained scratches and his combat boots were covered in dry mud.

For the bitter part of a month this young trainer that went by the name of Ethan had disparately searched high and low for his Sableye, that went Crobat crazy cutting him and nearly chopping his left arm clean off after seeing a pair of Rare Bones the trainer had got from a trade. To this day the young man had yet to understand why he was attacked but what he wanted more than anything was his Sableye back home.

Having looked at every possible place there was, Ethan had in fact left out one unintentionally and was the last place he figured to look, an old abandoned mine Ethan had explored almost half a year ago.

The places where it all really started, and where he originally caught the Sableye. Walking inside the cave with a flashlight in hand, the boy reached the same exact spot where he encountered the tricky ghost that tried to scare him straight out of the cave. The battle had lasted about half an hour with Jaws only saving grace, his Flamethrower to light the darken area after Ethan had accidentally dropped the light the first time. Until finally...

Quote:
"Jaws use Flamethrower one more time!" the trainer yelled, knowing all too well the cost of his Gible using a move too many times consecutively.

The tired out dragon with sweat droplets already evident on his fin breathed in one last breath before a hot fiery flame shot straight through and illuminated the darkness. The attack barely missing its mark as the Sableye clinged to the wall, climbing up to get away, slipping a bit as he did regaining his strength only on the last second. He too was reaching his limit.

It was all for not because the attack did what Ethan wanted, despite the creature hiding back in the shadows the embers that were left behind were enough to light the area for a few minutes.

With only the corners to hid, the trainer looked back at his Gible that looked too exhausted to go on; "Tsk." the trainer gritted his teeth. Think. Damn it, think but nothing came to mind what to do, he needed to take a gamble.

"Jaws!" he yelled out, and then pointed to one of the corners of the room.

"Gib!" he managed to say somewhat enthusiastically.

"There, Dragon Rage!"

With all his might, the small dragon mustered every ounce of strength he could until his stomach began to glow a reddish, blue, in the same corner the trainer had pointed the Gible fired the attack, lighting the room for a moment revealing the Sableye blinded by the sudden light before the attack took him over, resulting in a small explosion.

Falling over the Sableye was left semi unconscious on the cold hard ground. Thinking this to be his only opportunity, the trainer reached for his Dark ball and tossed it toward the Pokémon, slamming it smack on the head and trapping it inside. Wiggling once, twice...*Ping* and secured inside.

A sigh escaped the Gible's mouth before falling on his tail, relieved it was all over. The trainer walked over to the Poke ball and placed it in his pocket before retrieving his Gible back in his ball, "Thank you Jaws, take a long rest."

On the other side he could see the light at the end of the tunnel and instead of continuing to explore he began walking out of the tunnel with one of his hands touching the walls of the cave.
That’s when it hit him; Ethan never finished exploring the cave. With a flash light in hand the man went in deeper in the cave finding out the catacombs inside were much larger than the entrance might have had some to believe.

Making a sound decision wasn't as hard as one might have thought either. Every time Ethan found a fork in the road only one path was clear to walk through, while the other was blocked off by rumbles of rocks.

The deeper he went the dryer the air got until it became too much for him and he just needed some time to rest. Leaning back by the wall while rifling through his backpack for his water bottle, he felt his back touch something slick and thin, thinking it was a snake the boy jumped, kicking off the wall and faced it with a hand already to grab a capsule from his belt but when he flashed his light he noted it wasn't a snake at all but a wire that was nailed to the wall. Flashing his light around he also saw a few light bulbs attached to them and an old rusted down bird cage near the corners.

Of course this was of no surprise to him, this was in fact an old mine after all but he wondered...working or not all those stuff must of lead somewhere. Deciding to follow it, Ethan walked until he reached an old bunker at the end. Walking up to it, the trainer blew off the cobwebs on the door and with his hand dusted off the years of dust on the plaque of the door that read "Manger's Office"

This was the end of the road; this is where Adam had to be. Reaching for the knob the boy got butterflies in his stomach, and a thought in his head what if he wasn’t, he hesitated until he took a breath and opened it. What he found inside was a room of camera screens all set along the walls with a control panel, a chair, and a bunch of papers with a red notebook on the top and a closet on the other side...but no Adam.

The boy's eyes welled up with tears, trying to conserve moister he held it in, cleaning his eyes on his sleeve.

Looking around he hit a red switch on the controls and all the TV monitors lit up like a Christmas tree. Hoping to see his Sableye he scanned each one, with 4/12 out and only playing static. But no luck.

He sat in the desk chair trying to see if maybe there was a clue, the papers only proving to be documents of the company and their earnings. With very little hope he picked up the red notebook and opened it.

--

29th of Nov. 19XX

After a long holiday weekend everyone has returned to work and is willing to give it their all. Moral is good and the company president has promised me bonuses to award the crew-

--

It was now that Ethan figured out what this notebook was. A journal with many unreadable pages. Continuing to read he flipped to the next page.

--

7th of Dec. 19XX

Many of the guys have gotten into fights over stolen tools and half eaten lunches. What is this elementary? I've controlled the situation but if it keeps happening we can all kiss our jobs goodbye.

--

12th of Dec. 19XX

Some guys have reported seeing a shadowy figure escape the scene with a bag full of nuggets, the crew had just struck earlier today. They gave chase losing it in the darkness. We are afraid to venture deeper than the lights provide and to make up for the loss we-

--

13th of Dec. 19XX

In the morning the same thing. Someone reporting to have seen a shadowy figure escaping the scene, described as short and dark...the bag was also found with all the nuggets half eaten. Whatever that thing is...it's not human.

--

16th of Dec. 19XX

Having set a trap...I came up with the idea of using my wife's old wedding ring to lure the creature out. When it so much as steps a foot away from the diamond the surrounding area will collapse and trap him in a pitfall, the only thing from keeping him from escaping, a steel wire net.

--

17th of Dec. 19XX

The Pokémon’s name is Sableye. A cave dweller that likes to eat rocks and cause mischief. We don't have any heart to get rid of him, he seems friendly enough. The crew had, and I agree to leave the little fella be. After all, this is much his home as we are trespassers in it.

--

20th of Dec. 19XX

The guys have come up with a bunch of nick names for the Sableye but not one had stuck... since he is practically a mineral himself, I thought of the name 'Adamite' it suits him but the rest of the guys don't like it much...either way his been a big help digging up the walls, helping us collect gold, and though he still pulls some pranks we don't mind it much, it lightens the mood for us during the long hours.

--

22nd of Dec. 19XX

[Picture enclosed]: Me and the crew along with our mascot Sableye.

--

24th of Dec. 19XX

I may not have much time. A freak earthquake has caused many of the caves walls to collapse; those who weren't fast enough were trapped inside. Boulders crashing many, killing some instantly, others weren't so lucky. I'm afraid a few guys and I have been trapped along with Sableye. A few of them breathed in too much dust...I don't think they'll make it...I have a connecting channel but it looks like it’s broken on my side with only calls coming in, and I can't do or say I damn thing, we've started digging for a way out, but with little water and food, we try to conserve our strength.

--

25th Dec. 19XX

What sick god would make a human endure such pain as watching the friends you worked with side by side die around you.

--

26th of Dec. 19XX

Everyone is dead. Only I and Sableye remain. But I'm afraid my time draws near...Sableye just keeps digging, and tries to keep me and himself positive, he offers me rocks to eat but I don't think he understands a human can't eat that. If there is a god, I wish he save him, and give Sableye a way out because being stuck in a room with just a rotting corpse shouldn't be for anyone. He needs a better life then that...

--

As Ethan reached the final entree, he turned the page expecting to find more. But there wasn't.

The boy just seats there numb and feeling like he was about to throw up.

After a few moments he remembered what the book had said about the many causalities...but walking all the way here there were no bodies...Adam must of buried them all, his friends the young man thought. No wonder he acted that way when he saw those bones. He figured, Wait!, Adam!

Spinning his chair around he looked as the closet door that was closed before was now open slightly, that wasn't opened before. Raising from the chair he put the book down and walked over to the door, turning the knob he opened it, in the closest were dusted up jackets hanging on the coat rack and "ADAM!" the Pokémon he had been looking for all this time. The Pokémon quickly shielded himself from an expected attack but the trainer just reached for him and hugged the creature, who looked to be shocked. "I've missed you my friend!. Please never runaway again." he said.

Holding him from arm’s length the Sableye looked solemn at his trainer before casting his diamond like eyes down to where the trainer's arm was bandaged up. Running his claw lightly over the wound he had inflicted on his trainer he looked sad.

Noticing this the boy said "Don't worry about past mistakes," with more water welling up in his eyes, "I forgive you, after all we are family, right." the boy chuckled. Smiling bright.

The Sableye then looked at him, diamond to eye and muttered the word, "Fam, ily?"

"Yes family!"

Looking at the Skull necklace around his Sableye he finally understood why it meant so much to him.

"Did you-" he said getting cut off by the shaking of the earth, looking over to the rattling wall full of screens the monitors all turned to static and began to fall on the floor.

Adam jumped from his trainer’s arms and ran right past him to the doorway turning and motioned to follow. Running with only the shimmering diamonds on Sableye's backside to guide him Ethan followed by close with the occasional rock falling and getting in the way.

Ethan then deployed the help of his Duosion and Gabite, "Go! Angelo and Jaws! I need your assistance!" releasing them from their capsules. Running interference by blasting and moving the obstacles to the side.

In the distance they could see the light from which they came. As the gang got closer they realized that Adam had fallen behind, turning around they see him trip over a rock and falling flat on his face. Ethan turns and runs back towards him watching as the roof begins to concave on top of his Sableye, adrenaline kicks in and he runs faster, grabbing him and skids, making a bee line for the exit.

Catching up to the other two, as they reach the exit, the hole collapses on itself. The blast of the rumble pushing them back. When the dust settles, all of them are laid down flat on the ground. The Pokémon struggle to their feet. Gabite being the first to get up and sizes up the situation before them. While Ethan lays in a upright position coughing against a bunch of rocks...Adam looks around and freezes in fear. This has all happened before...

Adam then looks at his trainer that winces in pain from breathing who then looks back at him with a determined look in his eyes. "It...*cough*...won't...*cough*...happen, again." he said, this brings Adam back to reality, "I...*cough*...know what happened...*cough*...before. I’m telling you...*cough*...it won't…*cough*"

Another quake runs through the mine, causing dust to fall and rocks to fall again, boulders fall from the ceiling that are about to crash Ethan!

For a moment everything around Adam because frozen in place, as if time its self has been stopped. But for the next few seconds after that everything happened in a quick blur.

As the Sableye runs toward his trainer, a white light surprises him from behind and before the boulder could bring the end of their trainer, a large Dragon Claw punches its way through the rock smashing it to smithereens! While the rest of the boulders now lay motionless.

Turning Adam finds that his fellow companions have changed and evolved, Jaws into a matured Garchomp and Angelo into a Reuniclus, who is Psychically suspending the rock in thin air.

Wincing, the boy says "See…*cough*…you just got to…*cough*...have faith."

Grinning the Garchomp moved towards the exit, and then looked at the Reuniclus both nodding in unison. Angelo then Psychically picks Ethan and Adam up and Jaws uses his new found strength to blast the door way open, rushing out with the others not far behind, the final move causing the cave to collapse on itself.

Outside with a breath of fresh air and sunlight, the Reuniclus has his trainer lay on the floor while the Garchomp moves over to an Oran Berry tree, and collects a few berries to give to his trainer to eat. Its juices proving to effectively clear his throat.

Ethan stands and congratulates both his now fully fledged Pokémon, patting Jaws on the head and shaking Angelo new found hand. Thanking them for their help. While Adam looks from a distance in aww, Ethan turns around to talk to his Sableye "Ready Adam?" snapping him from his trance. "You ready? Everyone’s waiting."

--

...after it’s all over, I want him to find a home and a family that will do anything and everything to save him.

--

Running the Sableye jumped into his trainer's arms with both Pokémon on the side smiling bright, hugging in a warm embrace, "Let's go home."

--

Congratulations Jaws has evolved into Garchomp.
Congratulations Angelo has evolved into Reuniclus.
Congratulations Adam is home.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 01-09-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Intoducing Viola

Ethan had boarded a train headed to port; the closer he could get to water, the better as the young trainer still didn’t have any way of getting to his base by flight only. He had looked all around for the tallest building he could find so that maybe Jaws, his Garchomp, would’ve been able to glide him over but seeing how far the Volcanic Islands were from the Fizzytopia capital the trainer figured surfing there would be more ideal.

Seating across from each other James had taken a human form again as to not freak out most of the passengers on board. He sat cradling Serena, the boy’s Togepi after having a nice and eventful day at the Friend Safari. The boy tried finding a nice and comfortable position to seat but couldn’t, he even sat near the window seat, opening a bit of it so he could ‘breath’, neither did that make riding the train any easier.

"Sir," James said in his dark and smooth voice, "Is everything alright?"

"No James- ugh…I swear we should’ve found another way to get home."

"Unfortunately this was the fastest way. Honestly I’ve never seen you get motion sick from riding a train before, as a young lad living in Isshu, you would always take the train, after all it was the only way of getting around in Castelia City."

"Don’t remind me-" Ethan burped, "Ughhhhhhh." The train met an unsightly bump in the rode as Ethan tried his best not to hurl, eventually deciding to spend some time in the restroom, that the train provided in every cart for passengers, till the feeling passed.

"Honestly…" James said to his adopted daughter, Togepi who was peacefully sleeping in his arms, the rhythmic sound of the train tracks proving a relaxing sound to the baby, "I wonder if what Ethan went through in The Arcane Realm may have caused this effect on him, if only he had thought before acting, he could’ve chosen me to put that lunatic on board to sleep and maybe he wouldn’t have this issue-"

Just then the cart of the doors that divided every car from each other opened up with 2 masked thugs walking in, James thought he may have been dreaming when he saw them; dressed in old western styled clothing, with vest over some white collar shirts, matching black pants, both with a chain running from their belts to their pockets, cowboy hats and a mask each that covered their face with a design of a creepy skeleton smile, both men held up guns in their hands while only one of them held a bag…

"Nobody move, this is a train robbery and it’ll go much nicer if you all corporate and better for ya’ not to try nothing."

It was obvious to James that the man having everyone on board drop their valuables inside the bag was nothing more than a lackey while the man giving the orders was the leader. James hoped that Ethan would miss everything going on as he wasn’t in the best state to fight, the Gastly’s thought was soon interrupted however when both men arrived where he was seating.

The leader pointed the gun at him while the other man ‘encouraged’ James to drop any sort of valuable possession inside, when James said he had nothing to offer the leader sat down next to him with the arm that held the gun placed around James’s neck.

"Awww shucks," the trainer robber said, "No worries- say! That’s a rare Pokémon if I ever seen one, not many people carry around a Togepi, bet it’s worth a lot of money, say we make a deal, seeing as you can’t give nothing to us, why not hand us over your Pokémon and we’ll call it even."

"Drop dead." James retorted back, as Togepi began fidget in James’ lap.

The leader laughed, "You got guts, here’s the thing," he said pointing the gun directly at James’ head, "I don’t need your permissio-"

"No, but you need mine!" a voice said from right behind the two thieves, punching the face of the lackey as soon as he turned around knocking him out cold, Ethan grabbed hold of the gun from the other, as he let loose 3 shots toward the ceiling the young man began fighting for control of the firearm. The train jerked a bit, causing both men to fall to the floor and drop the loaded gun across the room, the leader picked himself up quickly to retrieve it as Ethan unclipped the Safariball he had obtained earlier from his belt, pushing the button on the center of the sphere before revealing a Scatterbug. The man turned around ready to shot a face full of lead into Ethan’s skull for getting in the way when the trainer had ordered the Bug Type to use String Shot, the attack clogging the gun before making it blow up due to the bullet not having an escape route, the man winced in pain from the heat of the gun dropping it before Viola Shot further another round of String, encasing the would be robber in a stray jacket.

"Great job," James said as he began rocking Togepi back to sleep, "But you know I could’ve handled it much cleaner without endangering anyone."

"Yea," Ethan said, "But honestly, what’s the fun in that?"

The train slowed to its final stop as authorities arrived on the scene, taking the train robbers to the police station, and returned everybody’s belongings back to them.

On the way home via Jellicent, James said, "You know that I wouldn’t have died had they shot my brains out, I mean I don’t even have any brains." The ghost laughed.

"Tell that to my body, I’m afraid I react faster than my brain has the chance to tell me anything."

"Still," James said, "It’s nice to know you care. Thank you."

"If you want to thank anyone, thank Viola, never thought having a Bug Type would come in handy."

"Thank you, Viola." James said as the Bug Type seating on her trainer’s head blushed.

"You are stronger then I gave you created for, that’s for sure- Wow!" the trainer said as he saw in the horizon a flock of colorful butterflies flying in the sky. "I don’t seem to recognize them," the trainer said before taking out his Pokedex and pointed it toward the Pokémon…

Quote:
"Vivillon the Scale Pokémon," the machine droned, "The evolved form of Spewpa and the final form of Scatterbug. It has been said that if you follow a Vivillon, that they can lead you to water. The different patterns are attributed to the different climates and topography of their habitat."
"Wow there’s so many of them, all different, makes me wonder which one you’d eventually evolve into, Viola."

"Scatter, scatterbug!"

"She says, she can’t wait to find out either." James translated.

"Then I promise, to make you stronger." Ethan smiled as the group skipped along the water headed to the base they called home.

[To be continued…]

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 07-06-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:03 AM   #4
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Eevee Cage Fight

After becoming a Shadow Pokémon Eevee was pitted against stronger even further evolved Pokémon than itself and yet…The cage sized arena inside a mountainside saw a number of researchers, business men and bosses of the nefarious organization all gawking at the in house entertainment, “Place your final bets! Ticket stands will be closing soon, make sure to place your bets before the final match begins, you have one minute. One minute remaining!” In the corner of the inside of the steel trap was an Eevee with badly injured cuts, burns, bruises and frayed hair trying to do its best at controlling her breathing after taking down a Typhlosion in the last match up. Yet despite it, everything it had just gone through...her eyes told a different tale, she looked raring to go, the signal of the bell announcing her last challenger of the day…

“In this corner, standing at 600lbs, Uurrrrrrrsariiiinnnnng!”

Lights from above moved throughout the arena before displaying themselves on the corner of an entrance, a loud growl echoed throughout which sounded more vicious than that of the pervious others that passed through the shallow gate. Then slowly stomping the ground came an Ursaring into view, it’s eyes were red, color was a bit off just like the Eevee’s, a shade of purple darker and the claws seemed particularly dyed blood red.

It roared loudly enough that an unsettling feeling of hair raising up on its end resonated from everyone spectating, which caused most of them to freeze up upon the realization that the scales were defiantly not equal in this fight either.

“And the reigning champion that continued to show that it wasn’t a push over, Eevee!”

“Boo!” Most of the crowd seemed to be agreement after most of them seemed to have lost money betting against it.

“Is that Eevee genetically engineered?” Someone voiced their opinion out loud which caused most of the attendees to laugh.

Another signal of the bell rang and it was then when the large brown bear came Rushing in with a Shadow move and striking the already exhausted fox across the room, causing her to yip in pain.

He pushed her all the way to the other side of the caged wall, denting it in the process with her body. He barely waited after the impact before speeding through while he focused normal type energy into his claws. Slashing at her in quick succession!

Some seemed uncomfortable watching the fight at this point, others were laughing to themselves over the fact they bet on the correct Pokémon for their gamble, Business men talked about nefarious things and the bosses looked pleased with themselves. Eevee dropped to the floor after the onslaught and couldn’t very much move anymore after that, but even that couldn’t keep her down, she kept huffing puffing, struggling to get up but her wobbly legs were causing her a deep amount of trouble...she had fought long and hard in nine consecutive battles before this one without rest. How she was able to keep going without her eyes glazing over was anyone’s guess.

Ursaring had this fight in the bag… but wished to enjoy its prey just for a little longer, using a Hones Claw to sharpen them in order to really end it.

Eevee’s Shadow like tendencies made it so she was constantly filled with anger and rage but that didn’t mean she was a mindless machine...

Copycat! Using the mimic like move Eevee did the same, gaining the same effects as Ursaring. *Lock opened...*

Using a Double Team Eevee dodged the following Stomp attacks the proceeded after that. *Lock opened, one more to go...* It seemed the bear didn’t see the normal fox as a threat, in fact it very clearly looked down on her so much that it wanted the satisfaction of crushing it underneath his feet.

Running out of moves to use Eevee had used up the second to last move in its arsenal, she could finally use her Trump Card! *Final lock opened* and with it, six enlarged energized playing cards encircled the fox before firing off onto the brown bear, not thinking of anything but confronting them head on the bear took on the strike thinking it could counter it with his claws.

However, only being able to destroy two of them before the remainder of the hand came at him pummeling it with heavy damage, it staggered back.

In a matter seconds Eevee had managed to turn the tide of the battle on her enemy, Ursaring who once was very confident just moments ago seemed to be trying to comprehend how it went from tossing Eevee across the floor like a rag doll to her trumping him, a bewilderment of wildness in his eyes causing him to lose sight of any reasoning left his mind had seemed to vanish, with nothing but rage in his eyes he began his violent Thrashing on to the fencing of the cage, with just one move of his heavy paws the fencing began to break apart. Sirens began blaring as the fencing began to unravel and a mass panic began to set onto everyone’s faces. An announcement rang out on the overhead speakers “Emergency protocol, code indigo please exit to the nearest doorway before the emergency gates shut you out. I repeat, Emergency protocol, please exit the building, doors will close in 30 seconds.”

“Hey get out the way!”

“No, me first!”

“You’re all useless, you don’t deserve to get out before me- I carried your ass...”

Eevee’s plan had worked. All she needed to do now was finish the fight, with everyone gone, the doors locked and an already climbing down from its rampaging high Ursaring was breathing heavily and was visibly confused, swinging it’s body left and right in what looked like a dazed state.

With every move she knew used up now she could finally Resort to her Last move. Gathering normal type energy, an aura of white turned purple, enveloping all the energy she had left around her body and instead of a sparkling yellow star shape the hue was lavender, the star flew up high where there happened to be an open hole on top of the cage and setting its sights on its intended target before crashing down onto the shadow bear like a meteor, an impactful explosion set in before shattering the star into a magnificent cluster of sparkling star fragments but they dissipated…evaporating into a stardust mist lifting into the air.

In the aftermath, the once strong Ursaring who was standing tall and had nothing to fear in this fight fell over kneeling before smacking his face onto the concrete floor in a broken crater shaped sized hole, Eevee was beyond exhausted; she had used every move she knew in order to get this just right, all that mattered now was getting through to the other side of the cage that her opponents filed in from, her heart beat was elevated, her body felt like a bag of sand, but she had gotten this far already, she struggled to walk, dragging herself across the floor, limping through the cave sized hole in the wall.

A whiff of a salty air passed her by as she walked through at the end of the tunnel, she was met with a large room with several cages, ten of them in total that she concluded belonged to the opponent’s that she had just beaten and to her surprise there was no one around, the salt smell was stronger still, she whiffed and followed it to find a large warehouse shape door to the left side of the room at the end of the corridor, as she inched closer what she found was nothing more than a rocky cliff overlooking a large body of water, it sparkled brightly as the bright sun shined overhead, she had finally made it out. When she came to, she found herself inside the cage again. She could’ve gotten mad; she could’ve thrashed inside till every bone inside her body broke but instead she closed her eyes and pictured the sun displaying itself brightly over the great big body of water...she had gotten out once, that was enough.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-28-2023 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:57 PM   #5
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Eevee The day the light vanished from her eyes

The snapping of the whip stopped hours ago and yet the fox’s ear couldn’t help but twitch of the thought of torture it had endured in the last couple of days, she couldn’t right leave and it wasn’t like she wanted to be there- who would, if the collar around her neck and cuffs on her paws were any indication, only the scribbling of notes being taken and some computer’s keyboard clickity clickily typing away filled the air, her fur was a mess and beyond looking like she hadn’t been washed in weeks. Her hair was frayed and damaged, her eyes seemed to be losing focus as the last shine it held within it began to disappear and with it the last memory she held about a little boy she had been taken away from appeared to slowly be fading out, a phenomenon that the researchers had all been waiting for was finally beginning, they called it ‘shutting the door to their hearts.’ They had succeeded in one of the most terrible sorts of deeds any human could do to a living thing.

At first she thought she was imagining it...“You have been forced to close your heart to humanity,” a voice spoke up as everything around her began to deafen and fade to black...

Before her appeared a pair of red double doors that creaked open revealing an opening to nothingness. Within it a pair of red flaming eyes emerged and a mouth of a beast, speaking to her and only her presented itself.

“In doing so you’ve granted a terrifying power that will give you the tools needed to take revenge on those that put you on this path.” It spoke, it’s voice, tone and the way it choose it’s words suggested they knew what they were saying but at the time it didn’t much make any sense to her.

The longer the figure spoke, the more difficult it was to keep focused. It might’ve had to do with the fact her earlier excursions were finally getting to her mental state, after all she could hardly believe what she was seeing or hearing, did the mad scientists drug her with a new concoction she wasn’t aware of, not like she was able to do anything about it anyway. Despite all the power she had found herself with, she was powerless to truly do anything about it.

“You will be a different shadow, minion…you’ll realize your true purpose one day, I’m letting you keep that last memory that was set to fade into nothingness, consider it a gift…let it fuel you to discover your true destiny.”

As her eyes began to become too heavy to keep open any longer the last thing she heard as she began losing consciousness was, “They’ll rue the day they ever created you, all great evolutionary Pokémon. Hahaha!”

The red double doors that hung in the veil of suspended air slowly creaked closed, the sounds of reality began to return back and resonated around her, leaving Eevee on the examination table with those around her cheering at their accomplishment.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-29-2023 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:03 AM   #6
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Eevee Fateful meeting

Back when Ethan was still an elusive thief, he was paid for higher to ‘retrieve’ things, which meant that anyone needing anything stolen would pay him big bucks to acquire the item of their deepest desires which was a time before he became somewhat versed in the ruins and true history of the world...he did what he could to get by, no one taught him to work an honest life and at that point around his early twenties it was far too late for him to change even if he wanted to, at least, that’s what he thought.

In a dimly lit room Ethan was asked to join a luxurious masquerade party by his employer, “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for showing up at such a late hour.” The dinner was held promptly at 9pm…who was hungry at that god forsaken hour?! Probably the man’s Munchlax, Jumango…

“I’ve asked you all here today for you to witness the Cipher Corps newest and greatest invention in the way of capturing Pokémon.”

“Wow, dinner and a show.” One of the patrons, with a mask over his face, concealing his identity said, as a woman with an hour glass figure, black long hair in a red dress asked, “What sort of contraption is that?” as a man with a sleeve like robotic arm came onto a center stage of the ball room. “All questions will be reserved at the end of the show. Of course, for discretion is a moot point.” the host motioned all to take a look.

“Of course, otherwise why take our phones away!” someone bellowed from the crowd.

“Quiet now, I believe the presentation is about to start.” Another shushed that man.

Before the man with the robotic arm was another man in a lab coat. He faced his colleague across the stage and held a Pokeball in his hand that Ethan noted gave off a mystical dark haze sparkled in star dust filled aura.

When the ball opened up, it revealed a menacing looking Eevee. “VEE!” it trilled, though ordinarily what should’ve been in excitement was more filled with rage, for one reason or another, Ethan stood there motionless, like he had seen this specific Eevee before.

Eevee… Ethan thought…No, it couldn’t be.

The trainer who was wearing his own mask and was watching as the rest of the spectators got closer to the stage to gawk, he was more towards the back of the room looking on from the rest of the crowd, he had to make sure there was room to run as he waited for the perfect opportunity to approach and steal the device he was hired to acquire.

“Ethan…is everything ok? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” A Ghastly voice said, but only Ethan could hear the voice coming from his own shadow where his Gastly liked to reside in. Ethan indeed looked a bit pale and sweaty, like a Clamperl having just gotten out of the water.

“N-no. Not exactly” he responded quickly, “I can’t be sure…but I think I know this particular Eevee.”

The presentation went on, as the Eevee with its agile speed Quickly sped to its target and Attacked the man in a canine suit meant to soften the blows he would be inevitably taking, the man wasn’t exactly a sickly stick of a man either, he was bulkier with a heavy set frame, a gut that just about poked from under the enforced armor. And yet…

“OOOAF!”

“OHHHHH!” the crowd went as the girthy old man about 6’1 400 lbs. plus the added protection he had on, flew across the stage creating a ripple of damage on the surface of the wall, a loud *thud* resonating across the room, thankfully he had a helmet because the way it ricocheted against the surface would’ve probably ended really badly.

Silence filled the room before it became filled with confusement.

“I’m assuming you all have your far share of questions but the short of it is this. This Eevee has been genetically enhanced, how you may ask? Well, I’m sure you’re all perfectly aware of the bonds people and Pokémon are able to create. Bonds that strengthen the capabilities and overall power to reach new heights. But in the business we are in, the Pokémon we command aren’t necessarily ours to begin with.”

A bit of laughter and agreement seemed to resonate from the people in the ball room, Ethan clinching his jaw but he held his composure in case anyone was happening to be looking back towards his direction. “For example, this Eevee and many more like her, were stolen from trainers that have no idea the potential they hold. Whether it was per happenstance or because their rich mommies and daddies allowed them to have a rare specimen for them to raise as a pet, just for the delusion to become ‘the greatest Pokémon master’ or something...We’ve liberated these Pokémon in order for us to use, giving them a truer purpose.”

The crowd laughed again, again in agreement.

“These Pokémon, that we have acquired refuse to listen to us unless we beat them down till they do. In doing so we have discovered a truly wonderful phenomenon.”

The speaker goes on to motion to the Eevee that was viciously Bitiing and attacking the man in the protective gear, as he screamed and flailed helplessly on the floor.

“By closing its heart, we are able to bring out truly powerful strength.”

“But wait!” one of the people in attendance rose his hand, “That’s just an Eevee, even an Eevee could take down a human on a bad day…how about showing us a Pokémon battle with it.”

“Ah, well of course. Are there any volunteers?”

No one in the room looked willing to try. They all seemed far too reluctant to hurt their own Pokémon companions.

“I’ll do it!” a voice from the back of the crowd spoke up as he raised his hand, Ethan volunteering himself.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-29-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:25 AM   #7
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Eevee Confrontation

“Wait! What do you think you’re doing?” James, his Gastly asked his trainer telepathically. “Are you crazy, how is this keeping a low profile? Aren’t we here to steal the plans of the machine they are presenting?”

“Shut up James.” He said in a strong defiant whisper. “I need to know for sure of something, if it messes up with our initial plan to steal the blue prints of that thing on the other man’s arms, then so be it.” Ever since that Eevee got on stage, something had been plaguing the heart strings of the man, could this Eevee be the same one that was taken from him as a child...

“Very good, come on up the stage.”

As Ethan stepped up the platform, a knot began to form in his stomach. I need to be sure. He told himself.

“Use whatever Pokémon you like.” The man almost looked giddy; boy did it only make Ethan want to punch him in the face even more.

“Alright then...there’s no time like the present.” Ethan produced a red and yellowish pokeball from his pocket calling forth his...“Go, Scraggy!”

A yellow lizard with a pouch and sturdy head came out in a blob of white light. It was Ethan’s rule to never call his Pokémon by their nicknames on the job, the less information his enemies knew the better.

“Begin!” the man in charge said.

Eevee ignored her original prey from whom by now had most of the protective gear ripped to shreds by this point.

The normal, abnormal Pokémon with a variety of possibilities dashed in for an attack.

“Detect.” The trainer instructed as the Scraggy picked up his pouch and moved to the left, avoiding the first attack but the second was far faster than he could’ve anticipated, making a sharp turn the brown white fox launched right into him. Mr.T taking a Tackle right on his hard headed noggin!

Ordinarily such a reckless attack on his Scraggy’s head would cause the opponent to stamper in a daze, Scraggy’s head was notoriously hard, he wouldn’t normally feel a thing, this wasn’t the case this time however, Scraggy instead was the one to stamper backward a few steps, his head feeling a bit hurt after such a normal attack.

The whole time Ethan looked on with a serious expression on his face, he needed to get close to Eevee, the way it moved; it reminded him of the Eevee back in his youth.

The way it dashed, yipped, attacked, growled, the way its coat shined; everything was almost to the tee what his was. Except now…she was far more filled with rage.

What did they do to you…?

Scraggy returned the favor the Eevee had shown him by Punching it in a way that Drained the normal type of its health. Restoring a bit of the fighting types’ own.

The Eevee while clearly outmatched type wise still wasn’t throwing in the towel, instead a dark purple aura began forming around it’s body.

“Ah, yes, finally!” the man hosting looked gleefully on.

After gathering a frightening aura of power Eevee Rushed in like a Shadow and tossed the Scraggy against the wall, flying past his trainer.

“Scraggy!” the lizard yipped.

“Mr.T!” The man turned back to yell.

The Eevee looked like it could hardly stand, stammering to his feet in a drunken fashion.

“That was a ‘Shadow Move’ we’ve dubbed, the hit is quite hard as you all can see.”

“Woahhhh.” the audience said amazed.

“But they do take a bit of damage from using said moves.”

“With power like that who could possibly oppose us.” One of those drinking from the punch bowl said, “Wait but aren’t we here for some other presentation? Why are you showing us this?”

“Yess…” the man said, turning to look at Ethan that had his mask slip off as he picked up his Scraggy from off of the floor. “Gentlemen, please go on with the presentation.”

Ethan turned around just long enough for the lab assistance to get up and use the arm like attachment to roll a pokeball in its sleeve and toss the pokeball at the trainer’s Scraggy!

“Wait!”

Smacking the unconscious lizard on his head, the ball opened up as Scraggy’s eyes opened up long enough to see Ethan’s face one last time, the ball bounced off the ground and motioned once, twice…and a loud ping enclosed it inside, flying back to the man that had tossed it.

Silence filled the room.

“I’m sure you’re all very confused, you all did see this man call out his own Pokémon after all, in his own pokeball, so, how could we have entrapped his Pokémon in our own pokeball you may ask? We call it the ‘snag machine’ and after entrapping the Pokémon, we strength them by beating their bodies until their hearts are completely closed off to any human.” He turned back towards Ethan almost like he was saying the next part personally to him, “And there’s nothing anybody can do about it.” He snapped his fingers which summoned guards at every which exit, a group of security guards pushing, shoving and instructing the rest of the guests out of the ball room.

The hall doors were completely closed and sealed off, at the doors two guards blocked his path, at each end of the stage two additional guards and by the man who hosted this shindig was the security officer in charge, with a radio in hand, giving instructions of his own to who Ethan figured were the rest of his men as he listened in on his head set.

“Ethan Rivers- aka, the Phantom, it’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.”

“Mr. Chairman.”

“I was wondering who would be poking their heads in on our private property but I guess whoever hired you wasn’t intent in getting their money’s worth. Seeing as I have you cornered now.”

“Well. I can certainly see why you’d think that to be the case. I did need to be sure of a couple things before I set my plans into motion.”

“You’re mighty confident for someone that has just gotten their Pokémon stolen from them.”

“Oh…that.”

Ethan moved towards the center of the room, in which the Eevee was still standing, if only barely, even with all the energy it had expelled she still looked at him with hate filled eyes.

I remember when they were still filled with joy.

“You see, there isn’t much to it. While it’s true that that machine of yours did capture my Pokémon, what you didn’t see was my slight hand.” A pokeball that looked just like the one that snagged his Scraggy just moment ago was now in the trainer’s possession.

“B-but, how!?”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk” the boy waved his finger left and right, “A Magician never reveals his secrets.”

“Eevee attack that man right now if you know what’s good for you.” The boss of the Cipher commanded the Shadow Pokémon, who rushed in, only for a dark entity of a shadow to have stretched out from underneath the thief’s feet, producing a Gastly that confronted the Shadow Pokémon Eevee with his ghostly’s big wolf like eyes head on, Hypnotizeing the brown, white canine making it keel over into a slumber and falling over in a thud.

Ethan ran up and scooped up the Eevee in his arms and with a ball of smoke in hand hurled it to the floor as an explosion took place that quickly filled the room with black smoke.

*cough* *cough* “Don’t let him escape!” *cough* *cough*

The guards all rushed the stage but by the time the smoke cleared, the man was already gone.

“Damnit! I don’t care how you do it, find him immediately! And bring him back here, even if that means in a body bag.”

“Yes, sir!”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-29-2023 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:37 AM   #8
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Eevee Reunion

Outside in a large air balloon, Ethan had managed to escape and return his Scraggy back inside his original pokeball. Mr.T was thankfully not too injured and a goodnight sleep might’ve been all he needed in order to feel better.

“What are we going to tell the client?” James asked, which Ethan readily said as he eyed the Eevee asleep. “What we know, at least we can give them some details on the info we acquired. Besides we have other important matters to look into right now.”

The Eevee was asleep but looked to be having a nightmare as it kicked and flailed on the basket floor.

“What are we going to do with her?” James asked.

“I don’t know yet.” Ethan’s weak and tired.

“So, you’re telling me, this Eevee once belonged to you?”

“Yea, I know it’s a strange thing to even think about, but there’s no doubt in my mind this was the same Eevee that was taken from me as a child.”

“You think she remembers you?”

“Probably not.”

“Then what are we going to…??”

“I don’t know, but after everything you heard, there’s no way you’d leave her there with them to just continue abusing and experimenting on her like that, right?”

“Right. I understand.” Gastly sighed, looking over to the sky that was now bringing in a new day, the sun rising just now peaking over the chilly sky and the mountains off yonder.

“Vee…” Eevee began to wake, and when she did, she looked angrily growling at the trainer, who she consider her enemy because everyone was nothing more than an obstacle that just got in her way. As Ethan reached his hand out towards her she lunged at him without hesitation and was suddenly bitten by her sharp teeth. He winced from the pain but endured, he couldn’t bare hurting her back. It didn’t look like she was going to let go anytime soon either, not till it seemed that her nose had caught on to the trainer’s scent.

“Ve-ee…?” Despite the dark eyes of hatred she carried on with her, they began to well up with tears. She eventually let the man go from her bite and even began to lick the wound in which she had inflicted on to him, without a doubt, she was the very Eevee that he was given to be his starter Pokémon and before he got old enough to venture to the big wide world, had her stolen by a man that couldn’t take ‘no’ as an answer to their trade request.

“There, there Eevee, everything’s going to be okay now.” Ethan began to gently pet her as she began to uncontrollably sob.

“Sun’s coming up.” James announced as the trainer enjoyed the smallest bliss of finding his childhood Eevee again.

As tired as Ethan was from everything that happened he looked peaceful, not wanting to take his eyes off of her as he feared looking away would make her disappear again…

“It sure is.”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-29-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 PM   #9
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Solar Eclipse Pt.1

Deciding to take a trip to get reacquainted with some of his Pokémon Ethan thought it was a nice idea to bring them all to view a totally beautiful sight.

Though the planning was a bit of a pain in the neck to plan, this little trip wasn’t without merit. He gathered those that wished to see it with him, a rare phenomenon known as a solar eclipse, not many took place over the years and they were set to experience it firsthand. The night sky was picturesque with the stars hanging above them and what better place to view it than at the Crescent Moon Lake, as the name implied, the land of water was surrounded by a mountain range that was shaped in such a way of a crescent moon, sort of hugging the body of water as on the opposite side was a small forest that they had to travel through to get from the main road to the lake itself.

After some time of playing and relaxing, the trainer and his Pokémon grew a bit tired of the day’s journey. With the man were his trusty Pokémon; his Monferno, the inquisitive but jolly monkey, Aiden. Teddy, the Teddiursa that was a bit of a drama queen. Mr.T, his Scraggy the lizard with a bad temper. Serena, the baby Pokémon, though as of late hated the attention of being considered a baby anymore what with the way she felt no one trusted her to do her own things without looking down on her. Ethan chalked it up to her needing to grow up the last few years, which made one very over protective guardian, James his starter Gastly to be a tad mellow dramatic that she wouldn’t be needing him as much anymore. And finally, there was Veevee, the man’s shadow Eevee. A Pokémon, that he quickly found once belonged to him when he was in fact a young boy. The events that took place of a greedy Pokémon trainer that couldn’t take no for an answer destroying their young lives when they were refused an opportunity to trade for it, in the died of night choosing to steal Eevee from the child trainer inevitably changing the course of their destiny’s.

Around the campfire, Ethan and his Pokémon enjoyed telling each other ghostly stories while munching on some nice s’mores. While everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves Ethan couldn’t help but notice how Veevee stayed distant from everyone else in the group.

Throughout the day he watched as his other Pokémon tried to get Veevee to join them, whether it was taking a stroll on the sand with Serena and James or playing in water with Teddy and Mr.T or Aiden offering up a banana he had found on a tropical tree (landscaping is weird) she just refused all forms of connection from anyone. Eventually everyone just decided to give her, her own space. Which left her alone, sleeping underneath the shade of some trees, as she watched everyone else having fun.

As they waited for the lunar event to take place, when everyone else wasn’t looking Veevee got up to go and take a walk into the forest alone. She couldn’t stand watching them anymore and needed to clear her head.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:47 PM   #10
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Solar Eclipse Pt.2

As Eevee left the base camp she couldn’t help but look back at her savor and see just how close everyone else was to him, making her way through the forest her ears perked up twitching in the direction of two voices coming from off of the distance, something told her to check it out even if it was probably nothing...

In hush whispers two individuals spoke “Why are we whispering again?” One of them said.

“Because I saw smoke coming up from this side of the mountain, which means someone is camping by nearby. The boss is expecting new merchandise to test the new way of ‘Shadowifying Pokémon.”

That statement made all the hair on the fox’s fur bristle on their ends.

“I miss the old way of doing things…” the man then produced a black leather whip from his backpack, it glistened a shade of red, there seemed to be a substance splattered on the more beat up parts of it which could only have been ‘dried up blood’ on the surface, some of it even seemed to be fresh as the Eevee could smell the stench from only a few feet away.

The voice of the man now beginning to chuckle as he seemed to be reliving his former glory days whipping the air as the sound crackled then choose to take out his ‘joy’ out on a nearby bush that he lashed at causing a fair number of leaves to rip apart.

The cackling and the sounds of the lashing causing to bring up old and buried memories to resurface, memories that felt like nightmares…flashes of when she was thrown into a solitary rusted cage, then of being evaluated by scientists in the middle of lab on a cold examination table with bright lights blinding her from recognizing anyone around her, being pitted against stronger and more evolved Pokémon than herself as people looked on, being ‘trained’ in as she was punished for any little thing she didn’t get right.

The memories now fluttering back to her causing her great pain, which became more evident on the way her body was shaking and sweating uncontrollably, she involuntarily stepped back, her own innate instinct was to run away, as she did it caused her to snap a twig in two that was on the ground announcing her presence.

“Whose there!?

Silence filled the air till the all familiar sound of the whip snapping opened up a path in the foliage that showed the two men in Shadowy Eevee in their midst.

“Well, well. It didn’t take long for us to find something rare and expectational did it?”

“Wait Boss.” The weaker looking of the two said as it noticed something off about the Eevee. Ordinarily Eevee’s were exceptionally cheerful and you could see it on its eyes, even frightened they would be more scared but cornered this Eevee’s eyes weren’t just angry looking but a different shade all together. “I think this ones already been ‘Shadowified’.”

The smile that crept up on the man with the whip wasn’t just sinister it was haunting how out stretched it became. “A pure shadow!” without missing a beat the whip snapped through sheer reflex.

It took a second longer than it normally would have for her to react but the Eevee eventually snapped to quickly enough to dodge the leather whip and ran.

“Thank you for making this interesting!”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:24 PM   #11
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Solar Eclipse Pt.3

Vee ran like her life depended on it and it very well might have.

She zigzagged through the small forest, which by going downhill made it far easier on her. Memories of her ‘training’ in an undisclosed underground lab flashed before her eyes again, they began flooding in reminding her how in order for her to survive she held on to the memories of her first friend, a boy she shared her days laughing and playing with, how she’d snuggle next to him at night and especially during thunderstorms, she’d wonder if he’d ever be brave…then remembering how these happy little times she shared quickly greyed out with every fight, with every examination, every sting of the whip, with every battle she had to win in order for her to have a meal waiting for her to eat that night.

Eevee turned back to see if she was being followed which prevented her from seeing the obstruction in between her path, she didn’t notice the mud till it was too late which made skid. The weight of what she had gone through, the realization hitting her like a truck as she trampled over. She struggled to get back up right away, her body felt tired all of sudden.

Her ears twitched hearing the sounds of ‘snapping’ just before something reached out, a slimy vine moving toward her and ‘constructing’ Binding her whole body.

As Eevee gasped for air, a Carnivine showed itself as it had roped the Shadow Pokémon from escaping.

“Come on and show us, you know you want to! Show us your Shadow Moves!”

Even with how distressed she was her eyes opened in a rage filled way.

“Oh, don’t give me that, Carnivine!” he snapped his whip, “Squeeze her till she pops!”

“Carnivineee!”

The vines grew tighter and tighter. The outline of her view was beginning to blur.

Just when all hope seemed lost, a Flaming Wheel dashed through coming in from the corner of their eyes cutting the vines at their source, burning the Venus fly trap Pokémon. The vines loosened up, freeing Eevee which caused her to fall momentarily before being suspended midair with a Telekinesis.

Monferno announcing himself as it grabbed on to a tree facing the two men and their Pokémon.

“What the hell…!”

“Boss, look at the Pokémon coming out of the wood work!”

Gastly held the Eevee with his psychic power before handing her over to their trainer’s arms to hold.

“Well gentlemen, I let’s keep this short and to the point.” Trainer snapped his finger’s as his Monferno Aerobatically summersaulted over the branch and in the air readied a Fire Punch that he squarely smacked down on the Grass Type, knocking it out.

“Carrnivineee…”

The one that preferred to take lead clapped in approval, “You have quite the interesting array of Pokémon, the battle isn’t over.” He turned around to his partner the organization had paired him with, “Go on and send your Pokémon!”

“R-right!” he was a bit of new guy, “Go Ekans, Koffing, Poochyhena, Glameow, Skuntank!”

The pokeballs opened up and reveled in a flashing white light to those five Pokémon, “We’ve got you outnumbered now!”

“Actually…” With a snap of his finger a Teddiursa, Scraggy and Togepi arrived on the scene. Without a hesitation, the five Pokémon from each side went against each other.

Ekans slithered it’s way to the egg shell Pokémon going in for a Bite as Serena used the Telekinesis technic Gastly had trained her to use, holding it in place before repeatedly pummeling it on the ground, like a bat to the dirt. It was enough to make a dad proud.

Mr.T and Teddy looked at each other as brothers, that had been thick as thieves for years, rushing in the Teddiursa who hated getting his hands dirty began crying in his Fake Tears act, which caught a distracted grey cat off guard, falling for his act before Scraggy used it’s blind spot to Low Kick it in the gut, Poochyhena went in for Beat Up but the Scraggy’s Sant Attack temporarily obscured it’s vision before throwing a Seed Bomb on its head.

A Koffing seeing the battle not sway in their direction wished to even the odds with a Smog which James thought to counter with a Psychic and whirl it out of their way.

Monferno continued the fight with a well-aimed Ember as a Sludge was tossed his way from the Skuntank.

The fight was turning chaotic, James advised what the pair seemed interested in was the Shadow Eevee, so they decided to fight and prevent the capture of their party member as best as they could, they gave Ethan ample time to flee ahead of time, choosing to meet at their predetermined disclosed meeting spot whenever they arrived anywhere for the first time. It was a bit of a safety thing if things ever got out of hand.

“I’m leaving the rest to you!” the grunt with the whip found a hole in the formation and broke through giving chase to the trainer and his Eevee.

“But boss!”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:05 PM   #12
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Solar Eclipse Finale

Ethan ran with the unconscious Eevee in his arms. He needed to get back to the lake.

The lake was enclosed in a crescent moon shaped mountain, with the forest behind them. They were cornered if those men followed them but it was enough of an open space that they wouldn’t get ambushed, trekking along the sand Ethan reached the shore with the sound of the lake almost eerie silent. The reflection of the moon overheard reflected over the water’s surface.

Ethan took his jacket off as he held his Eevee close to his chest, before placing it down and laying down his Eevee.

Sounds of battle, lights flashing in the foliage of the forest occurred as his Pokémon all fought their way back to their trainer.

Above them the Moon shined as the earth and sun were reaching totality.

Eevee struggled to get up, she was the only one that could end this cat and mouse chase.

“I like it when they show courage.” The man that had just barely managed to escape the chaotic scene of a battle taking place feet’s away, stood menacingly behind the backs of the trainer and his Pokémon, “It makes it all the more tasteful when I beat them down again.”

Eevee turned around to find the man chasing them in this hellish nightmare, that just seemed to feel a bit never ending.

With the announcement of the snapping of the whip a Victreebel came out and without instruction and only with the sound of the whip commanding it, did the bell shaped vegetable move it’s vine like appendage toward the weakened Shadow Eevee Ethan was shielding.

Ethan moved fast in order to get in its way as he made sure the Vine grabbed hold of him instead of his left arm. “I’m sorry Vee.” Tears began to form underneath the trainer’s eyes, tears of frustration, if only she could run, they weren’t ever going to let her be free, as the Eevee laid, struggling to get up, the familiar scent of something, a place, a person…the boy from her past hit her nose.

As the older man tried his best to fight back, a few droplets fell over on to the Eevee’s face, that’s when she knew for sure, that the boy that boy from her past that cried whenever there was a thunderstorm would huddle with her tightly underneath their blanket fort, Eevee would feel his heart racing until she comforted him licking his face, rubbing her soft fur against his face causing the rhythm of his stressed heart to slow down to an even pace, eventually the two would forget about the storm outside, laugh and play before falling asleep only to be awoken by a sun rise that would shine once the storm had passed.

There you are!

The grunt kept on with the snapping of his whip, bringing Eevee back to reality, the sound was starting to be grain on to the Eevee’s mind.

On closer inspection the man that chased them looked ragged, tattered and but his eerie smile stayed, his eyes beady as it looked like he enjoyed the thrill of the chase.

With the Grass/Poison type’s grip firmly on the trainer’s arms, the grunt felt elated. “This makes things easier.” Despite the plant’s size, the trainer fought for control.

“How foolish, Razor Leaf and keep him held in place, it doesn’t matter if you hurt your own vine in the process.”

Two consecutive snaps of the whip resonated commanding the bell.

Two large leaves protruded from the bell shaped creature and made their way to its attended target when a gale of a wind blew outward dispelling the grassy move, then a sudden Rush from the Eevee shrouded in its mystical Shadowy veil, tackled the Victreebel. Landing it against the closest tree trunk behind the tamer.

“So, you’ve final decided to show me what makes so special!”

The pain the Eevee was in using the move was quite apparent but as her eyes winched in pain all she could think about was protecting her savor, I don’t care if I’m always going to be seen as a monster…as long as I can protect you, nothing else matters.

Her heart might have been closed off because of her past experiences but because she still had her memories she knew who she was.

Then a voice she recognized from the night her heart closed spoke again, “Sometimes, a necessary evil is needed to exist, to extinguish those that need to be punished.”

Above the completion of the blood colored moon up above, the landscape was quickly shrouded in a dye red, Shadow Eevee included, soon found herself engulfed in a purple white light with a look of confidence aimed at her trainer before it completely it shrouded her.

When the bubble of energy dispersed where there once was Shadow Eevee was replaced by a Shadow Umbreon!

The aura around her was intense. Flaring out of control.

“Ummmmmbrrreeeoon!”

“Woah.” Was all Ethan could say as his new Shadow Umbreon looked back at him from the side of her eyes, that read ‘leave it to me’.

The grunt applauded, “Good show.” He didn’t look concerned at all, instead he was salivating over what sort of potential the newly evolved Pokémon had.

The Umbreon’s circled pattern glowed red with malice, brightening as it absorbed the ‘Moonlight’ blissing, healing herself of all the injuries she had sustained.

“Victreebel, Sludge Bomb them!”

Umbreon found itself moving more flexibly then it ever had before, with a Shadow Wave she disorientated her foe before combining it with a Dark Pulse! that ripped to its target, and finally without warning, Shadow Rushed the grunt trainer, who tried to counter her with his whip soon found himself tossed to the same tree trunk his Pokémon had been thrown just moments ago.

The impactful attack, causing him to lose consciousness, Umbreon moved her way over to him to check if he really was out for the count before sharpening her fangs to go into a Crunch attack…

“Stop it! Vee!” His voice stopping her from stooping lower than she consciously wanted to.

Ethan walked over to her as she then picked up the whip with her mouth and using her fangs, Crunched the whip in two, the land was still a shade red, the sounds of victory from his Pokémon all resonating from the nearby forest, a telepathic message from his starter James announcing their victory and their soon return.

“Looks like everyone will be here soon enough.”

“Ummbre.”

“You evolved to protect me, why? I didn’t even think you liked me.”

The dark type remained silent when out of the corner of her eye she saw an Eevee by the lake, the same Eevee she was once so long ago, along with her, a boy she barely recognized was next to her old self, it was then when she realized it, she had been so focused on who she had become that she didn’t realize that boy was now a man that had his own fair share of hardships too. Umbreon ran back to her trainer on the lakeside sand, tears of emotions she hadn’t allowed herself to feel since the first night she had been taken overwhelmingly taking over. “There, there…everything is going to be ok now.” Ethan couldn’t help sobbing that his old Pokémon finally opened herself up to him.

The two held each other like the night they were taken away from each other.

As the collective Pokémon belonging to Ethan got closer to the shore, James stopped the group from getting any closer once they saw their trainer embracing his old reunited Pokémon again. “Lets them have this, there’s just so few moments we have like this in the world.”

“Welcome home, Luna.”

“Breeee!”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:54 PM   #13
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Fire Fight of Evolution

Sounds of fighting could be heard from miles out.

On the outskirts of the Seaside Power Plant, a large battle ground that was built for those that lived in its residence to use was currently being occupied as a mini skirmish between birds of a feather.

A chappy happy flexible monkey, a sumo bulked up pig and a serious rooster were in the middle of a three way fight for top fire/fighting starter dominance.

Monferno threw in a few quick succession of Mach Punches, keeping the other two at bay, Combusken was able to nimbly dodge while throwing in a bunch of Double Kicks into the mix, while Pignite countered both, by holding his own with a few Arm Thrusts keeping up a strong defense while also going on the offensive.

Dave, the Hoenn Starter had the most to gain from the fight. He was still relatively new to the team but as of late had trained intensively with his new trainer, from day break till night and sometimes even till the wee warm morning sun…he supposed that was one of the benefits of someone that had troubles staying asleep.

Dodging a Low Kick effortlessly from a smug monkey that had more than found his footing in the combat world. Aiden, the Sinnoh Starter had a lot to prove, being the first of the fighting flame Starters to land at the trainer’s feet. Doing what a fire monkey did best, Aiden leapt out of the bounds of the close quarters combat, jumping straight through the ground’s soft dirt and Dug.

Emmett the Unova Starter was partial to the fight; his style of fighting alone was much different from the other two’s. His was one that preferred hand to hand combat with one opponent…

Maybe it was instinct and the time they spent together but even if this was supposed to be a fair fight between the three, there was something about working together that came naturally to the monkey and pig Pokémon.

While Aiden went low, Emmett…went high.

“Combusken!”

With his flexible sumo Body weight, Emmett leapt high up in the air before Slamming down on the ground, with the roosters focus on the bombardment from above Dave’s back was at risk of getting attacked form behind, like a weasel popping out from underground Aiden grabbed hold of the talons of his sparring partner, pinning him down making him an easy target for Emmet’s running Head Smash!

Rushing like a Tauros on a rampage, Pignite surrounded itself in a blue energy hardening his skull as he stampeded at his target.

What should’ve been a clean hit, turned ugly fast, using a similar technique as last time but a bit more on the improvised side, Dave gathered flying energy into his feet, creating a gust of wind which began brewing, kicking up a bit of dirt to pummel Aiden’s face which caused him to loosen his grip on Dave’s legs who had now started to spin in place.

Freed, Dave didn’t waste any time, he spun in place before Bouncing into the air, the best alternative to flying out of such a sticky situation.

Getting out just in the nick of time for Emmet to continue on his stomping rampage straight towards Aiden instead! It was far too late to change the trajectory of his aim, but having a strong bond with each other gave the Pignite enough wiggle room to just side step, barely missing the unattended target, Emmett kept going until he stampeded his way to a nearby wall.

The trainer that was watching the whole fight unfold could only be a spectator in respects to all the training he had given each of them, it didn’t need to be said that the other two had the most and best training, way back when Ethan was the most invested in coming up with the best moves in order to overcome any hurdle he and his team faced in life, that didn’t mean Dave didn’t have more to offer…

With both the monkey and the pig distracted and arguing among each other, they had completely forgotten about the threat looming above them.

Using a Mirrored Move Combusken gathered rock energy around it’s body and with his flying energy became a rushing shooting meteor to his advisers ignoring him from down below.

Like a flaming asteroid crashing head first in light speed, a blinding flash of light caused the monkey and pig to turn and react long enough to receive the impact head on.

A medium sized explosion occurred separating the three into their respective corners.

Ethan watched in awe along with the other spectating Pokémon but not because of the mini explosion but because what happened next...

The three did their best to stamper to their feet. Each with an even more determined look in their eyes. A white orb over taking each of them as they began their final evolutions.

Aiden’s body transformed into a limber full-fledged ape’s, bands and braces of gold were now protruded onto the ape’s wrists, legs and chest. His tail out stretched longer but lost its flame which had now shifted to his head showing off a magnificent flaming crown. White fur was now bristling on his chest and legs. He grinned marveling at the fire surging through his new body, his fists while always tough had become more ironclad. Aiden beat on his chest before howling ‘OooOOoOooOo’s!’ into the sky.

Emmett’s body in turn grew bulkier, his eyebrows became thicker and bushier, tusks were now apparent on his lower jaw and a constant burning flame raged on his shoulder and neck, his arms and legs ever more muscled and protruded, claws sharper. His tail was also out stretched and he wore a mawashi like a sumo around his waist, a proud warrior indeed, he stomped the ground before looking at his two opponents before out placing his arms and readied himself to bury whoever he grabbed hold of first.

Dave’s body bloomed with feathers, red and yellow all over. The tuft of his hair had become an upside down ‘ V ’ shaped mane. His blue eyes were more focused, his talons were sharper and now sparks of fire blazed on his wrist. He too took a moment to appreciate his new found power and take it all in. This was something he wanted for a long time ever since he had hatched into a Torchic, he looked at the area where a number of his trainer’s Pokémon who had been spectating continued to watch rooting on their favorite competitor, there seating in the middle of all of them was Ethan beaming happy for his Pokémon, Blaziken gave a happy nod. Dave knew without his trainer’s help he wouldn’t have made it this far. Dave also looked back his opponents, this fight had something more at stake now, their pride was on the line. “BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZIIKEN!!!”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:38 PM   #14
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Fire Fight of Evolution Finale

“Blaziken!”

The fighting rooster wasted no time speeding through the field. It wasn’t just the matter of his new evolution, he noticed from the very beginning of the battle he was becoming faster, a Speed Boost that had made his body not only feel lighter but move more agile.

Flying energy gathered around Dave as he ran before his legs lifted into the air as a blue aura of energy surrounded him, with ‘wings’ spreading out from his sides, Dave Bravely went where no other Bird rooster had gone before.

A glint of joy in the target’s eyes emerged, Aiden the now Infernape surrounded itself in its own fire, a blue raging Flare of flame as he prepared for a Blitzing attack.

As the two combatted aura’s of power came to a collision they both side eyed an attack from the sumo boar, using a calculated thrash of his arms on the ground creating a fissure of protruding rocks and sharp stones that rushed over to the two of them. Dave using the ‘wings’ he was given to divert his trajectory, flew to the side maneuvering out of the jagged rocks way and turning his attention from one enemy to another. Emboar, Emmett rose his arms to catch the attack, getting pushed back as his heel dug into the ground but what he caught was nothing more than energy of the attack.

Dave broke free before using his momentum to summersault midair, extending his reach with his leg, giving a devastating Blaze Kick on the sumo’s noggin, Emboar stampeded back upping his Defense before Curling into a ball whilst being pummeled with a quick session of Double Kick’s firing off at him, sounds of a raging ape caught the rooster’s attention, he looked around before being smacked to the side with the earlier flare blitz scorching a bit of his feathers!

Emboar freed began rolling, as he steadily began circling around the field.

Dave got up looking left and right, he saw Emboar gaining speed but there was no signs of Aiden anywhere.

Blaziken picked himself up noting maybe the slippery monkey had gone underground like before but soon saw...Aiden was Rock Climbing the erected cliff side Emmett had unintentional created with his earlier Stone Edge.

Dave had to figure out who he needed to take out first, they might’ve switched positions but the tactic was the same as before, while one laid low on the ground, one was preparing to attack from above.

The rolling wrecking ball came at Dave while he took notice that on the tippy top of the peak the make shift mountain cliffside an enthused ape leapt and Rolled Out in a similar fashion but in a Flame Wheel.

Now Dave knew how to combat them, the rooster leapt into the air high enough to have Emboar miss but low enough for him to land right on top of the rolling ball of mass, with his picked up speed Dave easily ran on top of the rolling ball without causing him to fall, what Emmett was just learning firsthand however was just how strong the Blaziken’s legs were, easily changing the direction of the rolling ball to where Dave needed him to be.

Aiden moved in close but his attack didn’t land due to Dave’s quick escape tactics. The only course of action the monkey king could think of now was Digging a bunch of holes to trip Dave’s act up.

The field quickly transformed into a weird game of whack a mole and with an intense Fire Pledge Aiden ignited a tower of fire throughout the network of tunnels, it was like a ‘sea of fire’ had washed over the scene, from where the spectating Pokémon and their trainer looked on, the intense heat was more them enough to make anyone want to jump into a cool pool of water.

With his bird’s eye view Dave was able to see just the tiniest movement of the ground being dug up, he swirled the ball to the left as Aiden came shooting out with a flaming pillar aiding him flying up skyward.

This was what Dave had been waiting for, leaping back Blaziken concentrated a fair amount of energy into this leg before fiery launching the ball that was Emboar into the other competitor with a powerful Blaze Kick!

Blaziken kicked Emboar in his rolled up body form at the Infernape that was still in midair, who didn’t have enough time to react causing the two Sinnoh and Unova Starters to crash into each other before falling to the floor.

All of them were reaching their limit now. Both Emmett and Aiden got back up, with Infernape using his leg as support to get up and the Emboar pushing himself to stand. Dave walked over with a slight pinch of nerve paining him and the three faced each other in the form of a triangle, each at their respective sides.

With a swing of Emboar’s heavy Hammer Arms. Dave and Aiden dodged Emmett latest hit. The attack harshly lowering Emmett’s speed.

With two well timed Flamethrowers from both the monkey and the rooster, Emboar was struck with an overwhelming heat, he might’ve been a fire type but even with that, he couldn’t endure it any longer, the damage had grown to be too much to bare. The Unova Starter fell backwards unconscious, Emmett the Emboar had been eliminated.

Then there was two.

Neither had a whole lot of energy left. It was all going to come down to their last moves...surrounding himself in flying energy Dave took to a running start before launching himself into another Brave Bird! Aiden with the same idea, with whatever amount of energy he had left gathered up fire energy to form another Flare Blitz!

Both opposing Pokémon chose to give it their all as they soared at each other at a high rate of speed, colliding into each other before a big explosion took place!

--

When the battle was over...they all found themselves in the make shift recovery room for Pokémon after a tough battle.

Infernape, the victor was enjoying his celebratory parade by the other Pokémon on the team that had all cheered him on to win.

Emboar was awake, chowing down on some grub as he sat next to Dave the Blaziken laid out on a bed as he was just coming to.

Their trainer Ethan had walked in with his familiar Treecko Gary on his shoulder. “Well, that was more than what we bargained for…the base’s landscape has changed yet again due in part by another battle.” He chuckled before petting his Emboar Emmett on the head, “Boy are Chris and Percy going to be mad that you were the first of the Unova trio to officially evolve to his final stage.”

“Emmmmmboar!” Emmett grinned in agreement.

Ethan turned his attention back to Dave and sat down on a chair next to him as Blaziken looked dimly at the window where the winner was enjoying his day in the sun.

“Don’t let it get you down, besides it’s not like that was all you could give.”

The rooster gave his trainer a questionable look as Treecko climbed off the trainer’s shoulder and went on to fluff the Fire Starter’s pillow of a Pokémon belonging to same region as him, allowing Dave to get more comfortable as Gary climbed back on Ethan’s shoulder once he had attended to a friend.

“Aiden is strong there is no doubt about it, with Emmett’s help they both gave you a run for your money but the reason they came so hard at you is because they were instructed to, you wish to be the strongest, that’ll require you to go even further than these two possibly can.”

Dave listened but didn’t quite understand.

“There will come a time for that but for now, just rest. We have a journey ahead of us…it’s not a race to the finish line, instead of thinking ‘when’ think, ‘how’ how we’ll get there.”

The trainer got up before leaving through an adjacent door that lead back outside to the battle field that overlooked the ocean side, Ethan and company joining in on the festivities, the air that came rolling in was fresh, calming and cool, leaving Dave to compliment what it was his trainer was talking about.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:58 PM   #15
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Wrong Place, Right Time

While Ethan was doing some heavy traveling, getting himself more familiar with the old and new lay of the land, two accompanying dog Pokémon from the Alolan region joined him on his excursion, two Rockruffs, both he had happened upon his travels in a strange land, one through sheer chance in the form of an egg and the other from an adoption, both had quickly become fast friends with each other and had even created a stronger bond as sisters, they got the campfire going and set themselves up waiting for the sun to go down, they had just finished their early dinner, a pot of curry and rice, when a sudden droplet announced the coming rain from the few grey clouds above their heads.

The trainer packed up nearly everything important into his pack before yelling at the two rock types to follow him. “The Ranger’s outfit is only about a mile out, let’s get moving before it gets any worse!”

“Ruff!” the two stone dogs’ barked in unison as they followed their trainer down a manageable but steep path, they made it in the roughly 20 minutes it took them to run there, the trainer put his belongings in a dry spot, which included a lot of his camping gear.

He followed by placing them on the bench that he then covered with a blue tarp, that he had been using to be able to seat more comfortably on the ground’s flat surface, he offered his two pups to return back inside their Pokeballs, but they both just shook their heads’ in refusal. “Alright, let’s get everyone inside white it’s still warm.”

Their two tails wagged happily as he reached for the knob turning it and opened the door, a small bell screwed above the door’s frame rang as it met the wooden surface of the door, announcing his arrival. “Hey. Sorry for barging in…” Now it wasn’t uncommon for him, it was probably due in part to Ethan’s training but the trainer had a habit whenever he entered any given room that his blue keen eyes would get fixated on the slightest things…

The room was large with an assortment of Ranger memorabilia, trophies, pictures of outings or events of the unit’s staff, a map that had a red marketed circle on it, a fire spot perhaps? Lining the red wall, which had a splatter of something sticky on it, cranberry juice or was it blood? Stuffed Pokémon heads (fake) also hung adorning the place while a rug of a Pokémon skin (fake) was on the wooden floor.

Two desks, one furthest away at the opposite side of the room and the other mahogany wood closer to the door, two ranger’s caps hung on the wall, one in uniform upon the trainer’s arrival looked relieved to see him…

“H-hi! G-good evening, it looks like you just made it before the down pour.” She was blonde, with a cute mousy face, petite, while Ethan guessed you’d have to be in that line of work, young too mid-twenties if he had to venture a guess, there was a funny looking mark on her arm that was blistering red, the other ranger, was far more serious he was muscled and looked like he barely fit into his shirt, his face was scuffled, had dirty blonde hair and wore pants instead of shorts unlike his colleague. “How can we help you, boy?” Somehow there seemed to come a hint of a malice in his voice. Even though he smiled as he said it, his eyes remained soulless.

“Sorry. I just happened by, my bike broke down and has a flat, saw there were lights on and wanted a dry place for me and my Pokémon to rest.”

“Rockruff,” one of the dogs barked as Ethan went to retrieve her into his arms, while the other had seemed to have disappeared.

“Mind if I use your fire place, you know how Rock types just hate water.”

As the trainer got comfortable, the male ranger seemed to go and whisper something, grabbing his cap and adjusting it before stepping outside.

Ethan breathed a sigh of relief once the door slammed closed. He rose, and used a pair of iron prongs to make sure the fire crackled a little louder than usual, adjusting the piece of wood to cover up any low voices.

One of his Rockruffs was at the door hiding behind a sofa chair, the other was by the windows at the other side of the room where a back door was when they both gave a low bark confirming the coast was clear, Ethan rose up and walked over to the female ranger, in a low hushed voice, he asked. “How many of them are there?”

“W-what?” the female who had her fist in a ball at a right angle of her thigh looked up at him, holding back tears.

“The man that just left, he isn’t a Poke-ranger.”

“W-wait, how did you know?”

“For one thing, he doesn’t show on any of the pictures on the framed wall-while I suspect you’re new, there’s evidence of you having worked here longer than he has, the vase with dehydrated flowers in the corner has a card addressed to Lily, which I suspect is your name. Someone his age wouldn’t boldly go and change careers. While you look comfy in the desk, the plaque reads ‘George’, who is clearly the other ranger’s whose shirt the muscle bound guy is wearing, however in this line of work, while a fitted shirt is nice, one so tight would be hazardous, constraining if they need to run. Point is, what did they do to the other ranger they are trying to impersonate and what they after.”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:59 PM   #16
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Wrong Place, Right Time 2

“Two men came in roughly 45mins before you did, I should’ve known something was off when they stepped in, they didn’t look right at our faces, George got up from his probably because he sensed something off but they quickly subdued him, I instinctively got up to help put was pushed down and instructed to be quiet, they took him to a back shed we have and that’s probably where they have him, they were looking at the map and circled an area on there, they were muttering and the only thing I understood, is what they're searching for is a disk.”

“A disk?”

Suddenly one of his dogs’ ears perked up, before giving a light bark to their trainer, Ethan quickly sat down on a nearby sofa, motioning to the female ranger to remain quiet over what they spoke about.

Rockruff remained hidden while the other came running back at to her trainer, joining them on his lap.

The fake ranger returned, “Everything alright Ranger?” Ethan asked acting slightly concerned.

“Yea.” He gave nothing more than a short answer, sat back at his desk closest to the door to him and took off his cap, when he did a bit of his shirt sleeve rose just enough to show the insignia of a shield with a ‘P’ and ‘Z’ clearly visible, he turned his head to the side taking a quick glance of the map.

They’re definitely looking for something in that area alright.

“Well.” Ethan stretched his arms before getting up from his chair. “I think I’ll go and use one of those outside restrooms, Miss…?”

“L-lily!” she exclaimed.

“Lily, mind if you show me where they are?”

A slam on the desk’s surface caught the attention of both the trainer and female ranger. However, with a comeback, Ethan quickly responded with a, “Unless you want to show me instead?”

The man grunted, before responding. “Fine, go but don’t take long!”

While the pair walked over to the door next to the man, one of his Rockruffs discretely took a scent of the muscle brute before exiting out of door, with the other stealthfully moving along the walls, hiding behind the furniture to exit before the door closed.

Outside the rain had let up and was now just sprinkling.

They spoke just outside the restrooms as they looked for clues, they found a few foot prints in the mud that was partly filled with rain fall.

“H-he’ll know were gone.” The ranger said rather frightened.

“I can understand your apprehension considering the way he probably violently grabbed you.”

“How did you know?”

“Your arm was still a smooch red… I can’t say, because everyone has a different mentally, but I’d rather take my chance out there, besides I need you and your ranger friend needs you.”

“Ruff!”

“My pup has a slight scent it can guide us, but you know this forest better than us, if they’re looking at the circled area there must be a reason. We just better get going.”

“Ok.” Having regained some resolve, “Let’s get going.”

They went old school, having his pups help in search with the ranger scurrying the area for any clues.

Ethan’s GPS were out and signal strength was spotting at best.

Contacting outside help was a no-go. All he could do was try to search up reasons why anyone would be out here.

*Bzzt* “I’m not a miracle worker Ethan.” *Bzzt*

His ever annoying ‘smart phone’.

An invention created by his kooky scientist buddy friend that placed a Porygon inside a phone instead of a Rotom, an interesting interface but a bit of getting used to.

Despite there being such a weak signal strength the benefit way Plinko the Porygon being able to do a deep dive into the ‘Sea of Date’.

“Go on then, let me know as soon as you find something.”

*Bzzt* “Yea, yea, yea.” *Bzzt*

The group trekked for a while before they reached a bit of the clearing closer to the interstate line.

The scent seemingly ending there.

“Why would anyone come out the way other here with the rangers?”

“You know I vaguely remember hearing there was a crash of an armored car carrying some stuff, police came to investigate the crash and cause was just ruled as an accident.”

*BZZT* Ethan’s phone vibrated, “Earth to Ethan, you done flirting?” *BZT*

“O-can it! What did you find?”

*Bzt* “I was able to track the truck transporting, ‘scientific’ research from a high level security laboratory.” *Bztt*

“What were they researching?”

*Bzzt* “From what I’ve managed to get in the dark web, nothing good.” *bzzt*

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:01 PM   #17
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Dusk

As they looked around for clues a pup of Ethan’s barked to having found something resembling a yellow casket tape.

“What’s that?” the ranger asked.

“Oh Arcesus, I think I’m showing my age if I explain.”

It looked relatively new, for some reason since it was the only clue they had going for the,, he placed it in his jacket pocket.

Down the road the group could see two figures, with one of them kneeling and the other scouting at the one crouching, “Good for nothing ranger!”

“P-please, don’t hurt me, I can’t take anymore!”

“HEEEYYY!” Ethan yelled out, “Leave him alone!!!”

“What the hell, he was supposed to be keeping the other trainer on ice!”

“Lily!”

“George!”

“And who the hell are you?!”

“The thorn in your side!!” He snapped to with his Rockruffs coming to attention.

“This is going to be easy if these are the only ones we need to worry about.”

What the trainer did know and his opponent didn’t was lately the closer the moon was set to arrive the more the hairs of his dog’s would bristle, how loud and sharp their growls would get and how more vicious their claws looked as their fangs become more apparent.

“Go Skarmory!”

In a flash of white and silvery light a bird whose feather glistened in the sunset light, the dew and wetness of the concrete surface as the clouds from the earlier rain was moving away.

A warm glow of orange washing over.

The napper grinned, even if it was two on one, he felt like he had it in the bag.

Steelwing!”

“Both of you, dodge and Rock Tomb!”

The winged bird Pokémon swooped in but both dogs evaded contact as they flew up in the air.

With the highway enclosed by hills summoning [Rock]s to tumble. It loosen grips as a few came hurdling down, some even soaring upward as they reached a swooping railing.

“Now!” Ethan instructed as Lily grabbed George and dashed away back to the forests grounds.

“Damnit, now how are we supposed to find that ‘Drive’!”

Drive?

“If I were you, I’d be more worried about what was about to happen to your Pokémon.”

“What?”

As Skarmory circled back a number of large boulders were launched into the air as a fair amount of them hurdled at their intended target, regardless of the typing the rocks pummeled it, causing it to fall right out of the sky with a number of them fell on top of it, creating a stone structure of a tomb.

It wasn’t going to hold it for long however, as it broke free with a strong. Metal Claw tossing a few smaller pebbles back at Ethan’s dogs.

Out of nowhere both Ethan’s Rockruffs Howled up the dusk sky.

A glowing light over taking both of them before the grunt order his Pokémon to use a Metal Sound.

The move grinded the brain, it washed over both of them but the intensity became too much to the one the closest to the ledge as it toppled and fell over the cliff side.

The orange run glistened once more as the other one remained strong, it grew in size, the rocks surrounding it’s collar protruding outward. It remained on all fours, as a large rock like a crescent stuck from its back, the fur around its neck spiked out in the shape of a sun. Claws grew sharper and tail fluffed out.

When the light dispersed, an orange Lycanroc was left in its place.

“Lycanroc!” it howled, Ethan concerned wanted to check on his other Rockruff but didn’t want to leave his Rockruff, Dusk all alone.
“You think just because your Pokémon evolved, that you can still win!?”

“Isn’t that what you thought because you had a slight advantage?”

Swords Dance!”

Taunt!”

As Skarmory started his assault the smug face of the werewolf prevented any more none attack moves.

“Now that we have it at with in our sight, Crush Claw and Accelrock!”

Just before the ironclad bird could fly away, the dusk formed Lycanroc used it’s big paws to thrash it to the ground, partly hurting it under its weight.

Using its Wings to Attack the ground it managed to wiggle out of before back pedaling.

Dusk gathered a white aura of energy before launching to it at a high rate of speed, using its full body to knock it out of the sky as the light of night and day switched to their respective shifts.

Skarmory was knocked out.

The grunt was annoyed he went for another Pokeball before Ethan showed him the ‘Drive’ he had found earlier.

“Where did you get that?”

“Found it.”

“Give it to me.”

“Not till you tell me all about it first.”
Old 05-17-2023, 06:03 PM   #18
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Midnight

As the moon shinned above, the two rangers did their best to trek through the forest’s wilderness, during their daring escape George had injured his ankle and was limping while using Lily support.

“If still had either one of our stylist, we might’ve been able to get a Pokémon to help us.” George said.

“If we had them, look around.” She scuffed, struggling to give the male ranger any balance, he was about a foot taller than her. “They confiscated them, not that it would matter, there we haven’t passed a wild one around even if we had them.”

They avoided going back to the cabin, they wished to avoid any trouble if they could help it, their destination was one of the watch towers scattered around in case of emergencies, there they had first aid kit, supplies and most importantly a radio they could use to call for help.

Ethan had instructed Lily to get George and run when he gave the signal. Since his Pokémon had sampled her scent, they would be able to find them if they got separated.

When they arrived, Lily left George by the base of one of the pillars holding the cabin up. He was seating at this point, his ankle looked red and felt even hotter. “Just hold on a little longer, help will be on its way.”

Lily climbed up and grabbed the kit, before walking towards the radio, whose wire had been disconnected upon realizing the door behind her closed with a thud, she gasped turning around to find the muscled brute that kept her as colleterial while his associate took George on a treasure hunt.

“I see you found your coworker and that guy that showed up, is nowhere around that makes things easier!”

A terrifying scream resonated through the cabin to outside.

“Lily, is everything okay!?” George struggled to get up right and as he looked up, he saw an ideal creature leaping from a large tree, to the wooden ladder leading up…

The brute turned around before the Lycanroc used its large feet to push the grunt across the room, flying past the female ranger as he smacked the nearest wall next to her.

When the dust settled in between the door way a Lycanroc on its two feet, swinging her arms left and right with the moon right behind her, casting it’s shadow with her red eyes a glow could be seen manically trying to contain itself, of its excitement.

“What the hell is that thing?!” the grunt tried his best to stand up, using the desk where the stripped wire of the radio was.

He tried to grab the women before a screeching, blood curling Howl broke through the air, startling the man and women but as the red werewolf walked in to the middle of the room, the women parted herself to the side, the Lycanroc nodding at her, causing the ranger to understand that it somehow knew her, she left through the only entrance and scurried to the bottom.

When the coast was clear, the man while tough looking. Still looked quite frightened his words weren’t matching how he was acting at all.

“W-whatever the hell you are, I’m knocking you out!”

“Go Eelektross!” And electric eel like creature joined into the fray.

Without wasting a beat, the midnight form of Lycanroc rose its paws motioned them in a such a way that suggested ‘they come and get her!’” she Taunted them.

“You want to be beat that badly fine with us!”

“EEEEE!!”

Wild Charge and Crunch her at her weakest point!”

Electricity in the form of sparks flew as it gathered around the electric eel.

Levitating in place, it was like it the eel was back at sea, it maneuvered like a snake in a garden of grass, its movement made it harder to track and predict

It came right at the werewolf at full force. Striking it with lightning precision, static striking the rock wolf which wasn’t that effective but it caused her to Howl out again.

The eel Crunched hard with jaws over taking the rock type’s mid-section but when the eel looked up the werewolf didn’t have a look of begging for mercy. It instead was a look of joy and excitement!

Now at such close range, the Lycanroc Countered with its own power, now double from the damage it had recovered.

Smacking the eel at its head with her elbow, then going for a quick Reversal returning all the pain it had received up to that point, launching the eel through the wooden structures wall, knocking it out before it hit the ground.

A howling manic laugh came from it before the muscled grunt passed out from fear.

“Lycanroc?” the female ranger returned to get close enough to it as it sniffled her hand and politely lowered its head for a pat, a good well done.

“You must be one of the man’s Rockruff,”

Just then she heard a familiar voice.

“Hey ranger,” the man whistled.

Looking down, that when she saw the man that helped her in tow with his Dusk formed Lycanroc pulling the other grunt tied in rope.

Both Lycanroc’s nodding at each other before howling together in unison.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:04 PM   #19
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Disk

“Thanks for helping us out, it’s a bit embarrassing since we’re rangers and all.” The male ranger whose foot was not in a bandage was resting at the chair near the fire, resting it up on an armament.

“Maybe it’s time we ask the organization of the ranger’s that at least having one Pokémon on hand belonging to us would be a great assist.” She said serving a warm cup of tea to her lead and the man that assisted them.

“They said all they were looking for was the site of where the wreckage of that truck carrying research and experiments of that scientific lab was transporting, was. It was a wild chase they wasted their time on.”

--

Flashback of when Ethan was interrogating the grunt, he had roped up.

“Talk.”

“O-ok, that story of the crash is all true, but a guy affiliated with ‘us’ managed to get an item that would help us take back the world that’s so dependent on Pokémon.”

“Says the guy who used a Pokémon to try to strong arm me…”

“It’s meant to change a particular Pokémon type.”

“You mean like Arceus?”

This caused the grunt to laugh, “No, it’s man made from a Pokémon brought back from a prehistoric era, advanced to the point no technology on earth can compare to it.”

--

After that Ethan couldn’t get a straight answer from him, so he knocked him out and had him dragged by his Dusk formed Lycanroc.

“Yo, are you ever going to tell us your name?”

“No. And in fact when the police come, say you used wild Pokémon to subdue the criminals and tied them up in the shed, ‘outback’.”

“Wait you’re just going to leave?”

“It’s not like I choose to be a part of this, I only got involved because something inside told me to.”

“Thanks again.”

“Yea.”

He made his way out and grabbed his stuff Interesting, out of all the Pokémon you had on you, you used the least experienced one. The voice of his ‘shadow’ spoke to him, only he could hear him.

“What can I saw James, they weren’t in any serious danger, besides I’m no hero.”

He repositioned his pack before leaving the area, as he continued on his journey.

It wouldn’t have taken nearly as long to get the help they needed; he did have that radio in his pack. No. He choose to make things more difficult and it’s not like anyone knew he had the ‘Drive’. Better he have it, than them.

--

On the long road home Ethan phoned the Professor keeping in the loop of what had transpired, if it wasn’t Team Rocket that got in his way, it was Team Plasma in their ridiculous hypocrisy in using Pokémon to do their bidding. He couldn’t stand the thought.

“Yea, no worries, I’ll let you study it once we get back to the lab. Alright see you soon Professor.”

He hung up, trying not to think about his past and how that cult that effected his life so much.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:49 PM   #20
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Hero Pt 1

“Get back here!”

Ethan’s legs ran as fast as they could, if it weren’t for the small corridors and the fact he hated making a mess he would’ve called upon one of his Pokémon to give him a lift by now, in a building that contained very important data, two very trained security officers were chasing after the would be thief doing their best to prevent his escape.

*bzzzt* “On the next corner turn left and take the stairs to the next floor up.” *bzzt* a voice in his ear piece told him everything he needed to know on where he needed to go…

“Up?” The man questioned, and the voice just retorted with. *Bzzt* “Did I stutter?” *bzzt*

“When I get back we’re having a serious talk with the Professor about getting you a new upgrade, I’m not exactly loving the ‘realism’ to your speaking pattern.”

Ethan bolted to the intersection, pretended to make a right for split second longer than then he had to before shifting his weight and applying pressure to the momentum of his right foot as he twisted and dashed left!

This tripped up the two gentlemen originally chasing after him causing them to crash into each other, buying the thief just a few seconds more to make his getaway.

Down the left corridor, up the next flight of stairs he came up from out of the building onto the roof top, the night sky was just as beautiful as when this little job had started out earlier in the evening, though the sun would be coming up in the next hour or so he really needed to get going.

He was just about at the edge of the ledge when the two security guards yelled out from the stair way, “Hold it right there, Phantom.”

In his get up, Ethan didn’t allow for his face to be visible, he wore a mask that resembled a laughing Gastly, though the wolf like eyes were more comical and whiter and the grin wide like that of the Cheshire Cat from the tales of old, a dark robe with a hoodie that was tattered, mainly for the aesthetics but giving the illusion that gave him the name ‘The Phantom,’ one that could phase through walls so to speak…and of course black pants with matching black boots completing the ensemble.

They pointed their guns right at him, while they could’ve pointed their poke balls instead, they weren’t intent on letting him from go either.

“And what if I don’t.” Ethan responded but due to the mask being retrofitted with a voice modulator it came off more robotic and hush in tone. Allowing the thief to conceal his own voice from being identified.

Four shots were fired in quick succession but the thief managed to dodge them, bouncing left to right, ever flexible like an Ekans…as his Shadow out stretched from underneath him and two large Claw like appendages slashed at the rubber bullets, causing them to fly off their original trajectory striking another building’s wall instead.

The thief ran down the corner of the ledge before leaping off of the twenty story building.

The security officers moved in fast but were hesitant to look as they were afraid to see if the criminal had hit his head on the pavement below, as they looked down expecting to find him as nothing more than mush of his former self, instead what they found sent chills up their spine, a gasly haze of the shadow’s remnants leaving a slight trail seeping through the tattered holes of his costume and at the end of the tattered cloak.

“Muawahaha!”

The spectral maneuvered his way like a ghost in the sky, Smog coming out of his back as he laughed at his would be captures.

“Later losers.”

“Damnit! Now I have to call it in.” *Bzzt* “Yeah, boss. Just like the calling card said- yes, I understand, of course. I’ll make sure to relay that.” *Bzzt*

“What did the boss say?” One Security officer asked the other.

“He said to call ‘him’.”

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 12-31-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2023, 06:01 PM   #21
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Hero Pt 2

Crossing the night sky, with a twinkle of stars, lights from nearby multimillion company buildings as his back drop the phantom flew through to his next destination…

“Ok James, almost at the rendezvous site.”

*Bzst* “Yo, Phantom.” *Bzzt*

“Yea P,”

*Bzzt* “I don’t mean to alarm you but something or someone…is coming towards you in a semi alarming rate.” *Bzzt*

“Look out!”

From the corner of his eyes the Phantom in his Halloween costume garment could see a figure of a hawk fly straight towards him, it Tackled him midair which caused him to disrupt his flight pattern, a shine of its Claws Honing in on the backpack that contained the Gastly that gave them the ability of levitating.

*bzzt* “Crashing land…in 3, 2…1.” *bzzt*

At that height, James was only able to maneuver through to the nearest roof top of a building. Ethan rock and rolled before catching himself and running to a stopping halt.

*Oof*

Gathering his bearings, the ghostly criminal rose to his feet as a large towering shadow of ‘bird man’ overshadowed him.

“Phantom. I’m here to bringing you to justice!”

Sounded a lot like a bad tag line from a comic book.

“And what if I don’t?”

“There’s no harm…I’ll just bring you down to your knees myself.”

Before Ethan was a man dressed up in a wrestling costume known far more in the regions to the south.

A masked vigilante…that’s a new one.

“Ethan…” the voice of Ethan’s starter James gave the trainer a fair warning, “I sense a strong sense of justice coming from him.”

“What gave that away,” The Phantom’s robotic voice modifier concealing his true voice, “His higher than thou attitude or the costume?”

“You mock, but look yourself in the mirror sometime.”

“Hawlucha!” A hawk like creature, in a yellow mask and cape arrived by his side.

“That explains the interference from earlier. J, electrify them.”

A Bolt of lightning in the shape of Thunder darted from the confines of the Phantom’s cape as he rose his hands in a surrendering motion. Sparks flew as it arrived at its target only for the targets to jump away in the last second.

Hawlucha and the masked luchador decided now to attack, The Phantom back stepped as the veil of his cape was ripped off from his shroud by the talons of his opponent.

A grappling grip from the muscles wrestler grabbed the criminal by the wrists before spinning him around and tossing him towards the edge of the building. The building didn’t have ropes like a wrestling ring did however, as Ethan flew into empty space, his back quickly felt the sheer power of the wrestling partner’s strength!

A gasly haze rose from his shadow only for the muscle bound man to fling a feather like gadget at it and activating a light blue gas to freeze the haze.

“James!”

“Lo siento, if you return what you stole I’ll let the authorities know to go easier on you.”

Down on his luck, a Pokeball from the Phantom’s belt opened up. A Cocoon stage Pokémon revealing itself. “Spewpa!”

“V…no, this isn’t a fight you can win!”

“Speeee!” in a quick succession, an array of String Shot out, creating a nest of sticky string.

With a stronger sense of being, of saving her trainer the Spewpa released a powder of Stun Spore into the air.

“Cover yourself!” the masked superhero rose his cape and his Hawlucha his wings to cover their mouths.

Buying her enough time, to Protect her trainer.

“V, we don’t fight back we run! And right now, even we free J we won’t be able to scatter unless we can fly out of here!”

Spewpa turned back around and smiled with her eyes, it looked like she had a plan right in motion for something just like this.

Raising her Defense into Iron hardened it’s bristled body before Tackling herself at the frozen chunk of ice containing a close friend. Shattering it to free Gastly from its icy prison!

“T-thank you!”

Spewpa made a quick bow before reuniting with their trainer.

Using his wings, Hawlucha ripped the cocoon structure to shreds.

A white light surrounded the bug Pokémon before breaking through her second stage and wings bursting out from the back end of her shell as an elegant winged Vivillon flew out.

Tossing a Gust of wind at their opponents, curtesy of her new found purple wings whipping up the string shot from earlier into a ball.

Using a Light Screen as a means to reflect the light from the moon flashed, to blind their foes, Viola tossed the ball from earlier to distract them as they dodged it.

By the time the masked duo got their bearings the thief was gone.

“It’s not complete a loss amigo. They know who we are and better yet we know who they are.”

Flying through the night sky, Vivillion’s elegant pattern was the perfect wings for The Phantom, wings with purple scales that glittered matching the background, camouflaging their escape perfectly. Just as the sky still shined in a way of twilight.

Viola had grabbed onto her trainer’s back in the nick of time as they flew out of danger.

“Thank you again V, looks like a lot has changed since we’ve been gone…a lot.”

“Speaking of,” James spoke, “We haven’t been home in some time…”

“Good point, we haven’t made an official return back. Viola, I think it’s time we go home!”

“Viiii!”

“And thanks, if it weren’t for you we wouldn’t have made it out of that like we did. I’m sure everyone will get a kick out of your new evolution! Just the same, congratulations!”
Old 11-03-2023, 02:51 PM   #22
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

The Invitation

The night of Halloween a trainer and his Pokémon had been invited to participate in a high duke’s annual murder mystery Halloween Bash and while it wasn’t something he was at all interested in attending, considering the importance of the day- there was a reason for wanting to go and deal with this and now…he needed a bit of a distraction.

Of course with it being Halloween he had to come in costume and while he did have his ‘Phantom’ get up, it wasn’t the type of place to go in that sort of attire…

“I got it!” He said as he rushed past his room to a garden, “Yui! Can you help me dear, and bring Viola with you!”

“Flabébé!”

While his Flabébé needled the thread and went to work delicately weave the description of what the trainer had in mind, with the help of his Plinko, Porygon drawing up the picture and Vivillon providing the silky thread...It took several hours but when it was complete the man had on what he had perfectly thought in mind.

“This looks great guys! Thank you so much!”

Though Yui and Viola looked exhausted they were proud of their work and even more so that what they had created had made their trainer happy.

Donned in an 1800’s gentlemen appeal with a purple vest, green coat tail and matching pants with a white dress shirt and top hat. “I wonder what kind of party it is, the invitation said to come in costume.”

The time of the party came and he had found himself taxied by the owner’s personal limo. He wasn’t greeted and the driver didn’t offer to open the door for him but he didn’t mind, as he stepped out he noticed the large gates accompanied with an unkept garden which was riddled with overgrown roots with thorns and a mix of dying vegetation.

Before he even got the idea of leaving and calling it quits the limo took off without him and left him there with no way of knowing what direction the limo took off in or what street he had come from…

James his ether partner in crime, the Gastly made his presence known as he yawned loudly, making a gesture of ‘stretching’ with his ghostly appendages for arms as he visibly came into existence. “Where are we Ethan?”

“We got invited to a successful someone’s Halloween bash, though now that I’m here I’m having second thoughts of the venue.”

“Non-sense,” the ghost hovered over, “This is simply a means to give their guest an atmospheric sense of wonder…”

“I guess.” As the trainer walked up to the steps of the large mansion, creaks from the floor boards announced themselves before he reached the front door and mustered the energy to knock.

Before his knuckles could touch the wooden surface, the doorway creaked open revealing a dimly lit hallway.

“Well…”

“Well what James…?”

“I’m sure it’s all a calculated device to give one a sense of wonder…”

“Remember that when I get disembodied or I go missing.”

With cautious eyes, the man and his ghostly companion ventured further in…
Old 11-03-2023, 06:03 PM   #23
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Crumbling Reality

Inside, what the trainer figured, was an old Victorian style mansion, Ethan cautiously walked in further inside observing the old school decor. Away from the entrance from which he came he felt the rush of air get sucked in as the door in which they entered from shut closed, startling him and his Pokémon, Gastly.

“Figure it was the wind?” Ethan unsurely asked, knowing better but trying to lighten the mood.

“Sure- and seeing as I think we just have entered a haunted house movie trope I will refrain from going back to check if the door is even capable of opening in the first place...”

“Want to bet?” Ethan joked.

“You’re on, our usual wager?” Gastly looked excited as he knew he was going to win, James looked devious making the notion. “You got it!”

“Fine.” The trainer disgruntled as he tried his best to open the door, only for the door knob to fall out on his end.

“See.” The trainer held up the corroded door knob that had more than its fair share of rust.

“Easily explained with the condition of moisture…” Gastly trying his best to come up with logical reasons for things, simply said.

“I’m starting to think,” the trainer said, “That no one actually lives here and we were duped.”

“What makes you think that?” No sooner did the Gastly say that that all around them the lights flicked off and on. With a sudden sound of lighting and thunder roaring to life, seeing but a glimpse of a shadow at the top of the center of the house’s stair case, the flash of light only lasting a millisecond before it turned dark and the lights flickered back on.

“Hey! Wait, come back!?” Ethan bellowed.

Ethan ran towards the stairway with his companion ghost following suit, the building was larger than he had anticipated and he ran along a large and long hallway after a minute or two he started to notice that no matter how ‘far’ he felt he was getting, he wasn’t getting any closer to the ‘end’ of the hall.

“James…” the man stopped running long enough to catch his breath.

“Yea Ethan…?”

“I know you’ve been a ghost for a lot longer than your average ghost but what do you know of ghosts that are able to manipulate their surroundings, such as the very fabric of reality around them?”

“Well…usually, besides messing with people for the ‘fun’ of it…it usually means there is but a single course they have opened to you and if you’re going the ‘wrong’ way they’ll all but leave the only option they want you to go down, which you could say is considered the ‘right’ way.”

“Got it.” As Ethan did his best to catch his breath before taking a look around his vicinity, there he noticed he had six doors, three on each side around them. He tried to open them but even though they didn’t open, the knobs didn’t seemed rustled at all- which meant, “These doors aren’t real.” Reality around him wasn’t in a ‘linear’ state right now, there had to be another means to get to the next place.

There were no windows either, and a corner all there was was an old grandfather clock that didn’t look like it was operational...“Wait a minute.” The duo turned to each other, “This reminds me of that old dream I had when I met Wally for the first time.” The man reached for the grandfather clocks’ door before bearing witness to a darkness inside, though it wasn’t complete devoid of color, in fact what he saw were an array of bushes tree branches he noticed he could pass through.

“Here goes nothing...” courageously walked inside, as James followed suit and the door closed slowly behind them.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:21 PM   #24
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Exploration and Discovery

Ethan and James stepped out of the door way that lead outside, exploring the forest that casted shadows of trees over them until they found a door through a large tree trunk. That door lead into another room which then lead to another...it was a continuous loop of random sets of doorways, stretching halls, never ending stair cases...

The exploration of most of the mansion was limited by where it was these so called ghosts allowed them to venture into.

They saw candelabra floating in the air…

“That’s not so special, Jack can do that.”

They witnessed ghost dancing in the main hall…

“You think they know how to do the polka?”

There were ghosts singing…

“How do ghosts even sing, they don’t have lungs do they…?”

There were ghosts that partied, cased chaos and had laughter.

In truth, no matter where they looked and no matter where they went all they could tell was that this mansion was more alive than dead…

“I suppose that’s the point…” Ethan mused watching the ghosts they had stumbled upon dancing, playing games, making noise and overall enjoying themselves despite their situation.

“Of what?” James inquired.

“The reason we were called here…I was wondering since we started looking around, no person would want anything to do with us and while I’d understand them wanting more ghostly fiends to join them, I really don’t see a reason to leave. It’s not like anyone has outright attacked us, which I know not all ghosts do but other reason did someone have to ask us here...they’re all happy here, kind of makes you want to stay with them.”

James was taken back with what his trainer had said. He knew Ethan had his ups and downs but for him to relent to stay here, of all places for the rest of eternity…well he was speechless…

James looked upset, “Over my dead body!” he yelled though he must’ve meant it figuratively speaking…

“James, what’s gotten into you?”

“What’s gotten into me?! What’s gotten into you!?” James took in a deep breath in order to calm himself, “Why don’t you still not understand...you have a lot more to live for. You can’t just allow yourself to wallow in self-pity forever and give up- I didn’t.” A statement that rang truer than reason itself.

For all he was James might’ve been a ghost but a ghost that still had a lot to do and he wasn’t going to do that indulging himself in staying only in one place. “Otherwise what was the reason of following you all this time?” Gastly’s grin, with his vampire teeth shined more brightly than a thousand moons. “Don’t you understand that the best thing that ever happened to me was meeting you that fateful night, you gave ME another reason to keep going- I’m not just going to let you give up because of our circumstances!”

“Well partner, I guess while it’s been fun, we better get out of here-”

“NOT SO FAST!!” A thunderous roar bellowed, causing all music, fun and laughter to halt and as Ethan and his Gastly looked around- the ghosts that had all but been enjoying themselves stopped what they were doing ran and hid…

“Okay…the was weird.”

“I feeling we’re about to meet the person or spirit that invited us.”

Everything seemed to grow dark, though there was the occasional puff of cold air that came from the breath of the mortal. Having surrounded himself around ghost types all his life he saw very little ability of it ever clueing him in on a ghost type nearby…

This however felt different, almost certainly eerily so…this wasn’t just a ghost, this was-

A Grim Reaper.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:53 PM   #25
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Wrongly Prosecuted

Darkness and sheer silence filled the air with all the specters that were once around having hid themselves from sight.

If there were any on lookers, there was no way of telling as the only light that shined through from the large hall windows were that of the pale blue moon above, it was the only solace the trainer and his Pokémon could find in what he felt was nothing more than a dark abyss.

Slowly but steadily the sounds of clanking heavy metal chains sounded as if they dragged the very floor and yet the man nor his Pokémon could make sense of its source.

Ethan gulped a bit of salvia, was this- this the first time he felt actual fear?

All of a sudden he couldn’t take it and let out a- “Whose there?!”

But the abyss didn’t respond, not right away, the clanking continued until the voice from earlier finally spoke again. “Ethan.”

It knew his name, at this point Ethan felt toyed with.

“What do you want!?” Ethan looked all around; he couldn’t pinpoint the location of the source.

“Ethan Rivers…you’ve committed the most heinous crime every imaginable and for that you are to be punished!!”

With the sudden bit of air that breezed through his wavy black hair the trainer dodged the rattling chains of death!

“Ethan!” Gastly cried out. Only barely making out his trainer in the silvery moonlight.

“James…Cortez.”

Ethan turned to look at his Gastly, never truly knowing his partner’s last name, looked to see his starter’s reaction to find the look on the Kanto ghost’s face was one that could only be described as someone that had just gotten the shock of an eternal life time. Pale.

“You have also committed the same crime and must be punished too!!” the spirit yelled right before lowering the same below that was intended for his trainer earlier. He too narrowly escaping the onslaught of chains being whipped his way.

They both rushed to each before turning to face the shadowy figure Ethan swore he saw earlier in the night, standing on top of the staircase. “What crimes!?!” They both bellowed, which the question the answer was many but one singular truth they both shared was one and the same and for their foe that stepped into the bit of light remaining, one that was the most sinful of all…

Before them was a robed figure that had no face, he had no feet or legs but floated in a suspended fashion off of the floor, the only thing that touched the ground were the chains it held firming in it’s almost skeleton like hands.

“The crime...of escaping death.”

There the two best friends were faced with sudden death, literally…

“You think we cheated death…?”

The figure stood motionless though it wasn’t clear if it looked at them directly, but it felt as though its icy cold gaze had cut right through them.

“Yes and you must pay with your lives.” It responded, only for the trainer and Pokémon to look at each other and looking back at the reaper.

“Pay?!….PAY?!?! Are you freaking kidding me!!!?” Ethan yelled, “You think- you honestly- are you for real!!?” The trainer couldn’t even keep it together long enough to make sense of what he wanted to say.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade