UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 10-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
Psilo
Pokemon Trainer

Be Careful, I Play Rough With Mimikyu and Reign on People with Pelicans, with rain.

Subtitle: "This team can phase even dragons...because it does!"
Title Compliment: "One of the Greatest Rain Teams Ever, to Reign over the Meta." And I hoped you liked the ending pun of the title as well as the one's before, because this team does phase dragons with dragon tail, and by walling dragons with fairies, and reigns on the meta, with rain and Hurricanes!"
Enjoy the Team!

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail...
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
I started this team with Dragon Tail Adamant Expert Belt Mew in order to have a starter phazer Mew which bluffs a special defog set and an SpA attacking offensive CM set. I rujn SD with waterfall adamant to have boosted se waterfall in rain within the current (ahahhaah, get it?...current like a waterfall?) prominently sun meta current-pphrase of meta. Zen headbutt is for STAB and hitting fighting types, since fighting meta is currently prominent, especially fighting build-archetypes sun teams as well. This team is made to counter and beat sun teams, which are currently one of the most prominent current-playstyles and (THE!) most prominent style of weather being run, with fighting type core-build sun teams being at the top of sun-team-build prominence-archetypes. This makes Mew perfect for E-belt-hitting fire types and E-belt hitting fighting types with Zen Headbutt in the current fighiting-type prominent sun-portion of Meta. I lead with Mew to explain the team since it is a lead bluff concept which phazes with a zen explanation and tails the team as a lead mon with a mood move of dragon tail which phazes pokemon to wear them down with hazards laid by Skarm.

1541003611016.jpeg
Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 47 HP / 152 Atk / 237 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
I run Mimikyu as a nephew brother to Mew since their related by theme and have good synergy, and since Mimikyu likes to hide and disguise itself like Mew. I run 237 SpD to sponge hits from Tapu Koko, since this is needed to take electric type attacks as well as Swampert-M on a rain team. I run 72 Spe for standard speed. 47 HP for extra spikes and SR switch ins. Leftovers is for extra recovery with the coverage hoe of drain punch, and 152 attack EV's is for hard-hitting with drain punch and a specific HP recovery with it, which is a fact made by the dividend and combined nature between the 152 attack EV's and 47 HP EV's to give a good HP recovery number from drain punch for Mimikyu 100% of the time. It's a perfect niche EV number for drain punch Mimikyu that I came up with myself. Drain Punch is also for hard-hitting Heatran after setting up, which walls this, without set up. I run bulk up as well for setting up on darks and dragons and play rough for STAB-hitting darks and dragons, which are ever-present in the meta. As well as for glue to the team, with a lower spe set-up mon. I run shadow claw for STAB-hard-hitting opposing ghosts.

1541004112013.jpeg
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 165 HP / 252 SpA / 73 SpD / 18 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roost
I run the pelican bird-mon Pelipper to run rain to Reign over sun (haha, get it?) (as in, reign with rain?) in the currently sun-dominant-meta for Reign (haha, get it?), rain (the weather!) over Sun(!). This is literally to rain (and reign!) over sun with a slower Pelipper than the sun-setters of Ninetales and Charizard-Y to REIGN with rain OVER the sun predominant meta with other hard-hitters like the hard-hitter sweeper e-belt SD adamant Mew with waterfall for boosts of rain to adamantly (get it?, like the nature of my Mew, ahahahaha!) REIGN over all the meta with rain and hard-water-hitters like E-belt sweeper Mew and M-Swampert for a swift swim and hard-water-STAB-hitter in rain in order to pair a fast/hard-hitting sweeper of M-pert with a slower...slower-paced, sweeping hard-hitter-setting-up Mew. Hurricane on Pelipper is for STAB-hard-hitting opposing grass-counters that threaten rain teams with waters. Hydro Pump is for STAB-hard-hitting the Meta, as a whole, as well as, opposing fire pokemon, and for plowing down sun teams. Ahahahaha, get it? "Plowing down?" Like in the way Hurricane plows down grass teams. Ice beam is for grass and flying coverage, and (all!) meta coverage as well. Roost is for recovery for multiple switch-ins to set up multiple turns of 8-turns long-rain since I run Damp Rock, which makes this more efficient and gives more switch-ins by synergistically working the use of roost on this set with defog Skarmory. Little known fact btw, since defog is flying type, there is a hidden mechanical mechanism synergistic effect and affect between defog and roost, so know this all serious competitive (AND!), in-game loving hardy (ahahahahaha!) nerdy battlers on the nerd side of things. It's a hidden fact by GameFreak, to be implemented in later gens of competitive gens after this one. So be excited to be on the lookout for that. Because it will make new gens and all comp meta more interesting, which is part of why I built this team, to hint at this hidden mechanic between these two moves, because I'm curious myself since I read about it from GameFreak.

1541005091829.jpeg

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 129 HP / 252 Atk / 127 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
I run 129 HP for SR and spike good switch0ins and a good HP number. Earthquake is for hard-hitting the meta with the concept of it's word and title with a STAB-hard-hitting EQ'ing ground pokemon. Ice punch is for grass, flying, and dragon coverage. But, it's for flying first. And then grass, and then dragon. Waterfall is for water offensive, hard-meta-hitting (All!) the Meta, especially sun. Power-up punch is for hard-hitting set-up with adamant max attack, since this low power move hits hard with adamant and max attack on M-pert to make it a fast offensive and hard-hitting and effective fast-non-set-up sweeper. 127 speed is for outspeeding the most well-known scarfers of current meta, which has to be the case for this team since it has no scarfers. This is necessary since the meta requires M-pert to be an offensive hard-hitter on this team. Power-up punch also replaces SD and bulk up, which used to be viable and allowed for M-pert in earlier metas of the current gen. It's also better since it hits fighting types to abstractly hit fighting archetype sun teams.

1541005553287.jpeg
Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 129 HP / 252 SpA / 127 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
I run Tapu-Fini to dual-fairy-tize this fantastical meta to combine the idea of fantastical fairies with fantastical "Pokémon meta since the concept of Mimikyu is a fairy and ghost pokemon that likes to hide (and!) disguise itself, just like ghosts and fairies do. These two form a dual fairy coverage core for (ALL!) the entire Meta combined with the third-spoke wheel trier-third-tier hierarchical architectural mural spoke-wheel support pokemon of defense roost support stealth rocks and spikes Skarmory. I run 129 HP for a good defensive HP number for modest and hard-hitting specs on this Tapu Fini. 252 SpA is for making Tapu Fini a moderately fast and hard-hitting wall with the 129 HP investment I came up with. Also for hard-hitting water intimidation and fairy offensive intimidation coverage, I use STAB Hydro and dazzing gleam for coverage on this versatile specs set to literally (DAZZLING GLEAM!) *(quotes to mark this as an actual little known constructional tactic only mostly known by upper up players)* all the meta. As I hinted in the previous quote, this is little known as an actual battling tactic as well as a move on certain fairy mons. I run Shadow Ball for ghost and psychic coverage.

1541006172197.jpeg
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 207 HP / 229 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
I run defensive support roost Skarm with defog to support Pelipper for many switch-ins and not nil the effects of roost, and to take advantage of it instead. This is to prolong how many turns I have rain, and reign with it, a hidden theme of the sub-theme of the title of my team. I have stealth rocks and spikes to set for d-tail Mew, for wearing down the entirety of teams to win. Spikes and stealth rocks with a phazer are always a sure-set win condition, and make winning games very sure and easy. I run Impish to have this as a steel and third-spoke wall. This is a winning-wall that can stall out teams in the end as well since it has roost and moves with high PP. That is to say it can win easily in a stall match when both players are down to one mon. 207 HP EV's is for a powerful HP amount number. 72 spe is for classically-moderately outspeeding similar-speed-tier pokemon.

Conclusion: This team, in addition to being a perfect rain team, and perfect rain counter for all the meta, and perfect combat counter to the predominant sun meta (especially sun teams with fighting archetype builds), is a perfect counter to the current dragon-heavy meta as well, with the combination of my two fairy mons, Tapu Fini and Mimikyu, as well as with my steel defensive wall-pokemon, Skarmory to antithetically combine with the concept of a non-dragon d-tailer with e-belt to phase even dragons.

And by the phrase "phase even dragons," I also mean that as a languagological simile to say that this team can play tricks on even some of the best players and get you very high on the ladder, so some can consider this a #1 ladder team by hypothetical forefact, which is a concept of very good teams before laddering to #1 with them.
So by saying that, I wish to give this team the subtitle, "This squad can phase even Dragons!" Because it just occurred to me. And by "even dragons" I also mean, some of the best players with the calmest mentalities, which can sometimes be hard to beat, unless you are calm like me.

Replays:
Great replay of an excellent game against Rairyan, who's as always, a great battler, and a very good team builder.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-828554131

Last edited by Psilo; 10-31-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Psilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

sounds like you might take Pokémon a little too seriously... You scare me
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #3
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat View Post
sounds like you might take Pokémon a little too seriously... You scare me