UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 01-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

[VGC18]Room Double Mega memes

Was memeing around with abomasnow and trick room and accidentally managed to throw together a fairly fun team.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Protect
Abomasnow functions as one of the three major damage dealers on my team. Un-megas he's immune to Hyper Voice which is funny but more importantly this dude has a lot of special attack and strong ice moves so he nails Dragons and Lando and Amoonguss, and Energy Ball hits Gastro and other water threats and Tyranitar kinda, and also works nice with Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect
Even though Abomasnow was how this teams started, actually Camerupt is usually the mega of choice because fire/ground coverage gets every steel that shows up and would otherwise wall me, and also eruption just does so much damage. Being super slow also helps for outspeed everythign that isn't Stakataka under Trick Room. Flamethrower is if I take too much damage to use Eruption or if their Aegislash uses Wide Guard.

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect
Skraapaskibitakapapakakataka Serves as a strong defensive Room setter who also kills Charizard and does a good chunk of damage to both mons with Rock Slide. Gyro ball also provide strong steel coverage against the Tapus and other Fairies. He's also extremely slow which means he will always go first in Room if I need to secure a kill.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
Mimikyu serves as my secondary setter, and generally the most reliable one thanks to Disguise being a thing. Shadow Claw and Play Rough are just your everyday coverage options, Shadow Sneak helps secure some kills, and the Ghostium Z helps as a one time nuke on stuff like Metagross and Tapu Lele who might otherwise expect a Trick Room and stay in. Max speed lets me outspeed Tapu Lele out of room, which I figured was probably more important since I could use Stakataka to kill Lele if Room was already up.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Tapu Bulu is my tapu and third main damage dealer. Grassium Z horn leech does a lot of damage under the terrain, and horn leech by itself takes out water and ground types that threaten Camerupt in the (fairly common) case that it isn't safe to bring Abomasnow. Superpower and Rock slide offer some coverage, though I've considered Wood Hammer for a bigger nuke in place of one of those moves

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
Lando-T, while super overused, does serve as the best intimidate pivot option I have. Assault Vest gives it the girth to survive a lot of special attacks and hit back with those strong Earthquakes. Rock Slide provide coverage on both side of the field and flinch hax, while Tomb helps for when I need to hit just one target for more damage. Edge is wayy to unreliable. U-turn is important because it allows Lando to actually pivot out, which is especially useful so that I can lead with Landorus and immediately U-turn while Mimikyu sets up Room or help me turn around a bad matchup.

Anyways that's the team. The main problems with it so far is that I only gave them generic EV spreads because I was lazy when throwing this team together, so I want specialize these guys so the can actually survive threatening attacks. Any other advice on my team would be helpful though. Obligatory memes
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Last edited by rotomotorz; 01-08-2018 at 08:44 PM.
rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team