UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Glasharp: A New Era of Hyper-Offensive [WIP]

Disclaimer: This is obviously a theorymon team, but I do intend to use this team once Smogon supports ORAS. This team is meant to show how Mega Glalie supports and benefits a Hyper Offensive team.

Glalie @ Glalie Megastone
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Earthquake

This set, as one might know given the heavy discussion in the Hoenn remakes thread, is a suicide lead that is supposed to take the role of Deoxys in Deosharp teams. Taunt is an amazing move and stops all slower Defoggers and hazard setters, keeping both your hazards and your field safe. Spikes may be the only hazard it gets, but its very effective and Glalie can easily set-up at least one layer because of the pressure it gives. Explosion destroys Skarmory and threatens a lot of Pokemon who can't OHKO but are faster. Earthquake is for Heatran. Durr.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Standard Defog punisher, Bisharp easily makes Latios, Skarmory, and Mandibuzz shit themselves in fear. Swords Dance isn't need at all allowing for Pursuit to be used, meaning you can easily trap and kill anything weak to Dark.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Modest is used to prevent Latios from Defogging near all the time. The set is designed to beat a lot of common Pokemon through its moves, putting a lot of pressure on Skarmory with Thunderbolt and Scizor with HP Fire. I might take a move out for Destiny Bond, its pretty awesome with Scarf.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

SD sweeper number 1, its meant to set-up earlier than Terrakion and wreck face. Fire Fang is used to do more damage to Ferrothorn than other moves while also make Mega Scizor a non-liability. Lum is pretty standard to make sure that stuff like Rotom or anything with Scald doesn't ruin your day and it extends your sweeps.

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

SubSalac is a pretty awesome set for sweeping, and with Aegisash gone, you don't need to run EQ anymore. He's really meant to set-up and sweep later in the game, when faster things have been killed and walls like Skarmory and Rotom-W are either weakened or killed.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Superpower

The glur for the team, Thundurus is amazing at keeping momentum and killing threats that might give my team issues. Volt Switch is used over Thunderbolt since I want to keep and generate as much momentum as possible. The rest are standard moves and allows Thundurus to act as a secondary defog punisher. I might try Prankster Thunder Wave however. Not sure.

This is a work-in-progress, and I would love suggestions and advice.

Last edited by Emi; 10-14-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Glasharp v.0.1.0 versus my ragamuffins - Game 1
Glasharp v.0.1.0 versus Blaze's OU Heroes - Game 2

Posting the replays here so you have easy access to them for review.

Sorry I can't spare too many thoughts right now aside from what we discussed on Skype or PS. (Gotta go soon! @_@) Also sorry that Glalie didn't get to do too much either game. >.> Maybe its application is best not as a lead but as an early-to-mid switch-in? I dunno. So far, it hasn't gotten to do much of any entry hazard laying. And both of our times, yours and mine, have loads of fliers and levitators too. I dunno ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Emi

Yeah from what I've noticed, Mega Manetric is a pretty large problem for my team. Terrakion and Thundurus can take care of it if needed, but to make sure I can more adequately check it with Thundurus, I've moved 36 Sp.Atk EVs to Atk: this gives a 75% chance of an OHKO with Spikes on the field with +1 Superpower. You need 88 for a guaranteed OHKO, and I did the calcs and the loss in special power wasn't good. It's better with 216 Sp.Atk EVs though.

Other than that, I don't really feel any of my team was a real let-down. A lot of it was just playing the Pokes badly and not being too good with HO. I just need some practice.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
afraid i can't offer a whole lot of input but I'd say ditch the choice scarf really, Gengar is pretty fast without it and enjoys being able to switch between moves.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Emi

I need Choice Scarf to outspeed Latios and Starmie. That can't go.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Starmie is a thing again? Also Gengar ties speed with Latios, perhaps if you ran Timid rather than Modest you would outspeed more of them.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
Emi

The reason I want to outspeed Starmie is because its the fastest Rapid Spinner in the game. I run Modest because it allows Scarf Gengar to consistently prevent Latios from Defogging. Even if I ran Timid, its only a 50-50 chance while Scarf gives me a 100% chance.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Spin blocking is a thing for Gengar, and Starmie is pretty much never used anymore.

To be honest if you're worried about Defog so much perhaps try getting a Magic Bounce user, or Sableye who can priorty Taunt both of the pokemon you mentioned and hit them with a Knock Off that's getting all kinds of boosted.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #9
Emi

It's HO. I absolutely do not want my hazards blown away. I already have Bisharp AND Thundurus just to punish it. Gengar is Scarf'd for a reason. I don't want to lose the speed tie to Latios and get OHKOd by Psyshock. Whereas I can kill Latios 87.5% of the time with Modest Scarf Shadow Ball. It can't go.

Also Magic Bounce does nothing to stop Defog.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Ahh yes it effects both sides, whoopsies.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

When it comes to the kind of threats Garchomp is going to be dealing with, I think perhaps Focus Sash is a better option than Yache Berry. You aren't carrying it on anyone else, but unlike Bisharp's Fighting weakness, you don't have any good switch-ins for an Ice type attack. While you are hyper offense, you have Gengar and to a lesser extent Thundurus to protect Bisharp from Fighting typed onslaughts, which just isn't the case for Garchomp.

I dunno, Garchomp has always felt underwhelming to me personally. Statistically I know he has a ridiculously high Attack stat but I never find myself sweeping with him the way I do with Kyu-B or Mienshao.

I guess he's a wall-breaker, then? I have no experience with or understanding of wall-breakers...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team