UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 12-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Dragonair Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime (Duel Monsters-Arc-V)

Since the old Yu-Gi-Oh! anime thread is dead and all that, how about we create a new one to discuss the latest series Arc-V and reminisce about the classic ones, such as Duel Monsters, GX, 5DS, and maybe ZEXAL.

So we all know what Yu-Gi-Oh! is by this point, manga about games which became focused on children's card games turned into an anime which spawned off spin offs that became manga and so on.

With my lame introduction out of the way, let's get on down to business.

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie announced! Magazine scans in Japan show Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba in a new style of animation. Yu-Gi-Oh! 3 is out in Japanese theaters in 2016 to coincide with Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters being remastered in HD.

Thoughts on the above? I'm personally thrilled to see this as soon as possible. But I can't believe my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! characters have returned, especially since the last time Yugi appeared was in Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time in 2010, 2011 if you go by dub dates however.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Will point out that we do have an entire Yu-Gi-Oh thread to talk about this in, but I'm not totally adverse to having a separate thread for the anime.

>new movie

I'm curious as to how hard they will wreck canon to introduce XYZs and Pendulums to Yugi. Almost want to bet five bucks that Ebon Illusion Magician and Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon appear at some point.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Well I do know that, but the OP said something about keeping the card game discussion and the anime discussion separate. So that's why I've made an anime thread for those who don't play the actual TGC like myself. And besides I hardly see anyone talking about the anime itself in that thread so eh.

As for the new cards, those two are definitely a given, especially if you look closely at Yugi's card, it's using the backing from the Arc-V anime cards. So I have a slight feeling they'll crossover with Arc-V like the last movie, but I won't be too mad if they don't.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I haven't watched Arc-V at all, what are the opinions on it?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
Card Games on Hippos.

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
Emi

From what I've seen from synopses, this is reaaaallllyyy bad. The duels are some sort of Action Duel garbage which generally creates stupidity and has allowed the MC to beat a pretty damn good field of Constellar monsters (and the good ones too, Pleiades and Ptolemy M7) with his Performapal Deck.

In general anime duels have gotten pretty stupid since ZeXal but not to this level.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I haven't watched Arc-V at all, what are the opinions on it?
One of my friends who watches the JPN version currently tells me it's well received for the most part, and the only problems people have are with the Action Cards which allow Yuya (the protagonist) to basically topple over better decks like what blaze said. Personally I don't have a problem since it's sorta like the Luck of the Draw, if that even makes sense.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #8
Emi

The same also happens with Raid Raptors. The last episode between Raid Raptors vs Fluffals ended up with Raid Raptors sacking the win after several successive Action cards. It was just disgusting.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

So new information came from the Yu-Gi-Oh! official website about the latest movie. Firstly a new scan of Yugi and Kaiba in the new animation style for the movie:

Spoiler: show

And more details about the actual movie:
- Other characters from Duel Monsters (The first series) are also confirmed for the new movie, which is stated to be a new and original story. Unknown if characters from GX, 5DS, ZeXal and Arc V are also confirmed for the movie.
- The dub will recieve a theatrical release.
- Stay tuned to Yugioh.com for more updates.

Any thoughts about this? I'm personally excited to see Yugi and Kaiba back since its been like...a few years since Bonds Beyond Time (That crossover movie with DM, GX, and 5DS). As for the artwork, looks nice enough personally but Kaiba's right hand is plain creepy with the way his fingers are bent. He's done that style of pose on the series many times but it never looked that bad.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #10
SW!FT
Pokemon Trainer

MOVIE HYPE

also

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES

SW!FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:52 AM   #11
Lauren
Pokemon Trainer

Even though I don't like the character design (and especially hairs) for the last two arcs (Zexal and Arc V), I do like the story..
When I first watched the first 15 / 16 episodes of Zexal and found it very disappointing, but later, when they reached more than 85 episodes, I just took a look at some episodes and felt the true presence of Yu-Gi-Oh style, I then started watching every episode..
Same thing happened with Arc V, I was taking a look at some episodes from time to time, and tried many times to give it a hope but it wasn't as cool as 5d's, Zexal, GX or original series that still the best, however, once the second season started it has become increasingly interesting, I still watch it as of now, but I hope they will return to the first series, for a sequel, I do have a hope, especially after the film was announced..
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime