UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Shuffle!

Well, as you can tell, I have finished this. However, I enjoyed watching this so much that I just have to make a topic about it. Every moment except for a little disappointment in the later episodes was a true joy. The first twelve episodes were really funny. The five girls are also very likable (there are eight in the original game). Anyway, after episode twelve is where it starts to get dramatic. The ecchi content elevates after episode 12 as well. Every girl's story is done really well. Well, I am disappointed sorely in the outcome of this, but this is expected of a harem. Well, actually, I was disappointed because the girl who deserved him the least got him =/ I like her, but it just seemed so wrong. I never expected my favorite to win, but I rooted for her anyway ;_; The only other complaint I might feel is how some of it isn't very believable. Tsuchimi Rin is on the brink of falling in love with one girl, and the next episode, they both act like nothing happened. I mean, this stopped later on, but it kind of bothered me. Anyway, I will explain any plot in the characters' descriptions, so off to the characters (I only know them by certain names. I couldn't completely learn their names because every character calls each other different names, so don't expect a full name)

Kaede
She has lived with Rin for eight years after his parents died. Her dedication to him is almost pathetic, but there's a good reason for it. Kaede even forgets her lunch in the morning because she tries to make sure that Rin gets his. She's extremely nice and just smiles all of the time. Actually, when you look at her, she is too nice..... Well, despite all of that, she is a great character, and she her path is also great. Of course, other people might not like her for reasons I won't say, but I understand perfectly. Her voice is also refreshing. Yuko Goto is her VA X3

Asa-sempai
I'm really disappointed in her part of the story, but I will not say why. Anyway, she is the tomboyish friend of Kaede and Rin. She slaps Rin on the back when she meets him and she's very open with him. Actually, when he was hiding under a table while she was sitting there, she put his face in her crotch =O. Also, despite being tomboyish, she is an excellent cook. She actually taught Kaede how to cook. I like her character and like Kaede, her background story is great, but I still have gripes about her story.

Sia
X3 ~She's my favorite!~ Sia's the daughter of the king of the gods. She came to town to meet the boy who helped her find her father several years ago. Of course, it is Rin. Anyway, if he makes her his bride, he will have the power that the gods have (I think god is used differently in this than what we know it.) I don't really know what powers gods have, because Sia relies on cracking people with a chair. Sia is bright and cheerful, and just who doesn't love someone like that? She is also the person who was closest to winning Rin over. Seriously, she almost had him. It's alright if she lost though, since the gods believe in polygamy =D (I love it when the two god girls bring that up.) There are other things I want to spatter oug, but I won't bother since I will end up spoiling anyone who will actually care to watch this (whom will probably be no-one.)

Nerine
~Second favorite~ Nerine's the daughter of the king of demons. She is actually similar to Sia in background with Rin and how Rin will gain demon powers if he marries her. Nerine is probably the most gifted out of all the girls. Her grades are superb, she is a really quick learner, and she is insanely powerful. Actually, she nuked these people for insulting Rin. Nerine's personality is pretty similar to Kaede's.

Primula
She is so incredibly sweet! Primula is this little girl who all of a sudden attached herself to Rin and started living with him. She came from the demon world, but at the point I'm willing to talk about, Nerine or her father won't say anything else. Primula is the emotionless girl of the bunch. However, she starts to open up to others as this progresses. As I said earlier, Primula is very sweet. The first time you see her smile just warms your heart like you wouldn't believe. Her story is also excellent.

Grrrrr....I want to say more about all of the characters but I will end up spoiling everyone (I probably shouldn't bother caring since this will probably be watched by only me.) Anyway, as I said earlier, this is a truly great series. I had a great time going through every episode, and the music was also great. However, due to the complaints I had earlier, I can't make this number eight. However, I will proudly give Shuffle an excellent. Watching this saddens me that the visual novel translation project died like it did. I want to learn more about Sia ;_;
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: Shuffle!

I luv'd Shuffle! I didn't watch Shuffle Memories because the fansubbers couldn't keep to one file type >>;;

Dark Kaede was SCARY! I don't think I've ever been so scared of an anime girl before. And I've seen some anime girls do some scary shit, but she was like... PSYCHO! How did such a perfect wife/servant woman get so crazy?

I love/hate Asa-chan. She has lots of great moments, but a lot more... not so great moments. And the thing that angered me most about her was the fact that she cut her hair in the end. Dammit! You were sexy as hell with long hair! Why did you cut it?!

[attachment=0:d040e]Ichigo Pantsu Rabu!.jpg[/attachment:d040e]
Thank god for Really? Really!

Sia is okay. Kinda crazy also.

Nerine had my favorite character design, but the worst of the bunch in terms of story. She had less story episodes than Primula, and Prim-chan leaves the world for like half a dozen episodes!

Primula is the loli. I didn't really care for her much. She was Rin's little sister. And that's about it.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Dark Kaede was SCARY! I don't think I've ever been so scared of an anime girl before. And I've seen some anime girls do some scary shit, but she was like... PSYCHO! How did such a perfect wife/servant woman get so crazy?
I think she was crazy to begin with. I mean, you saw the things she did when she was a child right? I mean, making a guy pick up some pencils and then dropping a cutter knife on his face.....Anyway, I was more saddened by her crazy behavior than scared. Well, after watching School Days and Higurashi, crazy women in other titles are nothing.

Quote:
I love/hate Asa-chan. She has lots of great moments, but a lot more... not so great moments. And the thing that angered me most about her was the fact that she cut her hair in the end. Dammit! You were sexy as hell with long hair! Why did you cut it?!
She is a great and entertaining character, but I just am angered about her story. I mean [spoiler]she was the one who ended up with Rin when she is just a fast friend. The other girls loved him way more than she did and Rin was like "I'm going to choose this random friend out of all of these girls who love me with everything they are. Oh, and I hate the fact that she cut her hair as well. However, I really like long hair and I'm always disappointed when characters cut their hair.

Quote:
Sia is okay. Kinda crazy also.
I still think she is awesome. Actually, I love the crazy her as well. They are all shopping and when Rin ignores her, she just pulls up her dress XP. I also love her appearance better than the rest of them. Of course, long red hair always gets to me.

Quote:
Nerine had my favorite character design, but the worst of the bunch in terms of story. She had less story episodes than Primula, and Prim-chan leaves the world for like half a dozen episodes!
Well, her story wasn't bad. They just didn't pay enough attention to her. She is a very charming character. I also love her really long ears =3.

Oh, I also forgot to mention Sia's and Nerine's fathers. They are awesome. I love their response to Nerine nuking the gym.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Loki

I know why Kaede is crazy, but why is she that crazy.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Oh. I just assumed that she was way too attached to her mother. I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it. Oh, and there was something I forgot to address.

Quote:
Primula is the loli. I didn't really care for her much. She was Rin's little sister. And that's about it.
Eh?! Which Rin are you referring to? I know alot of people call Nerine that, and if you meant that, then correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Primula called Nerine's clone "onii-chan" and not Nerine. Also, I assumed that Primula called her that because they are both artificial life. I was just worried that what I missed something. If you meant the dude Rin, then I understand your meaning of "Primula's the little sister character."

Oh, and I think the first DVD comes out Feb 12.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
Loki

Rin-kun. Not Rin-chan. Although, she kinda is for both.

I hope the dubbing is good. I hope Rin-kun isn't voiced by Crispin.

Anyway, I missed my chance to buy Really? Really! at AnimeUSA. =(

I saw it in the dealer's room and though, "I don't want to spend $65 on a game I can't play because it's in Japanese." But the second someone else bought it, I went up to the dealer and asked if he had another. Sadly, that was the only one he had >>;; It was limited edition too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime