UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #26
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Re: Nanatsuiro Drops

Bleh. After seeing episode two I decided to drop the series. Since its only 12 eps (plus inevitable OVA) I may pick it back up later when I got less on my platter or something.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

So is Nanatsuiro Drops...dropped? I haven't found anything on episode four and the episode five RAW just came out. Anyone know something?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #28
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I really don't know. I could go to the subber's site, to check it out, but I don't feel like it right now. It's real troubling though, because I was enjoying this.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 AM   #29
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I looked into kedex's (the people who sub Nanatsuiro Drops) site, and they said that the subber for it is addicted to Little Busters! so yea....(If you don't know what Little Busters is, you have been paying NO attention to my previous comments in my suggestion box). AQS has started subbing ND, so episode four might be translated in a week or so. =/
Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #30
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alright, if you have paid attention to my suggestion box, you will realize that the fourth episode has been subbed. Well, I have watched it and here's my brief thoughts.

Nanatsuiro Drops (4)- Ok, this was a little corny. Oh no, Sumomo is afraid of water, but she has to overcome her fear to get a star drop (sarcasm). It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Even more adorable Sumomo moments didn't keep this in my pants (ewwwww). I'm sure Doppleganger will get pissed at Sumomo's sensitivity, but that is to be expected (I am getting a little sick of it myself). Honestly, watching this made me want to watch something violent. However, violence is not accepted when I am hooked on Ever17.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #31
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Have I seen episode four?

Didn't that involve the introduction of that rival? I thought Sumomo got the drop from a fountain somewhere?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #32
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

No. That was episode three. This is where the rival made a challenge for Sumomo to receive a star drop where she has to overcome her fear of water. The rival's true form was uncovered an awesome way though.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #33
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Downloading~
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-09-2007, 02:22 AM   #34
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What.

This is getting outrageous. I'm really starting to dislike Sumomo with each episode - she better grow up soon!

Tsuwabuki is so awesome, it's hard to believe his cool is balanced out by Sumomo being so wimpy. At least we know why Sumomo got powers now...but that school must be full of jerks to do this to someone like her. The teacher fellow is still a mystery.

And "yukio" my foot, being afraid of a little water when one has to take BATHS and SHOWERS is the hallmark of a sissy. Seriously, Tsuwabuki was giving Sumomo too much credit by calling her brave - that wasn't courageous at all since the fear was stupid.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #35
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alrightey. I have watched episode 5 and 6 of Nanatsuiro Drops. Here's my thoughts on each individual episode.

Episode 5- Beach episode. I have never seen that one before (sarcasm). Anyway, this just seems to be where Yuuki's path in the game might of started. It's mostly about her, and Tsuwabaki's kindness toward her. That's really about it.

Episode 6- Probably the best episode so far. It's just soooo sweet. I don't want to get into detail because it will spoil the fun (well, it was for me). Sure, it still had more Sumomo crybaby moments, but that's all well and good because this episode more than made up for it.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #36
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I just got those two episodes. Will watch when I wake up.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 AM   #37
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I can't take this anymore. Nanatsuiro Drops has worn me down with the clear stereotypical "weak girl with an adult body" paradigm and it's irritating my brain to the point of undue and burgeoning fake romance. It's driven by carnal energies at the core...clearly. Tsuwabuki is too generic to save it.

Dopple pledges to do his best to get through episode six, but if it could very well make or beak this series for me.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
McSweeney
Soul Badge

I posted in the wrong thread again, so durr

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #39
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just watched episode 7 and all I have to say is this. This was such an unbelievably corny episode that even the great visuals couldn't distract me from it. I just felt like every stereotypical plot line was just thrown at this episode. This is so corny that I just have to mention the following......

Did you know that Korn is putting corn oil in their buses to emit less environment damaging fumes? Yes, a hardcore metal band has turned into environmentalists. Sure, it won't effect their music (I hope the hell not), but it still puts a dent on their overall look. Honestly, they can still redeem themselves if they piss in their gas tanks and say "I'm putting ****ing Korn oil in our buses!!!" That would be so awesome.

Yes, that is how corny the last episode of Nanatsuiro Drops was. Well, I DID say that about the only reason for watching this was for the art, so I guess that is to be expected.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #40
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I have watched the latest episode (. Here are my thoughts.

Don't you just hate it when popcorn gets stuck between your teeth? God, I do. You can't ignore it and continue eating because it will tear at your gums, so you'll have to dig at the stuck piece of popcorn and get it out to even eat some more without bleeding gums. Then the other thing that sucks is the fact that popcorn isn't even that good. Sure, it's extremely cheap, but still......

As you could guess from the rambling, the episode was extremely corny. Well, the episode was extra adorable, so that's a plus (I think).
Old 09-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #41
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

As you could've guessed by my post, I just got through watching episode 9. Here's my thoughts, bitches (well, I'm pretty much talking to myself, but whatever).

This episode wasn't that bad. Unlike the past two episodes, I didn't feel awkward by how corny it was. Sumomo's generic rival got all mad at Sumomo's increase in power and challenged her to a duel. However, Sumomo of course beat her, and everything was fun in the sun, until, as everyone with a brain could've guessed, Sumomo found out about Yuki being Tsuwabaki and he became a lifeless doll. I'm sure they will find a way around it with the generic rival's help, and save him. It wasn't corny, but it was a little bland. 'tis alright though, because there's still more adorable Sumomo moments ^o^.

Only three episodes to go. Damn.....Both this and School Days are about to kick the bucket......
Old 09-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #42
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Wait, what?! How did Sumomo find that out? Why did that happen to Tsuwabuki?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #43
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Ha ha. This one's a real knee slapper.

He simply told her. After the little battle with the rival, he was like "I am Yuki." and when he transformed into Yuki, he was lifeless. Well, it is kind of sweet if you really look at it, but it is also very stupid. You see, he didn't want to lie to Sumomo about being Yuki. You know, them being a new couple and all, so he didn't want to lie to her. It was stupid though, because they only had one star drop left, and the teacher warned him that if she knew, that he would become a lifeless doll. Now, I guarantee that they would've gotten the star drop really quickly because of Sumomo's newfound power.

Oh, and here's an interesting tidbit of information. I'm pretty sure that the beginning of this episode and the beginning of episode one are the same scene. Well, either that, or the last of episode eight and the beginning of episode one are the same scene. It's one of the two.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #44
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just got through watching episode 10, so here's my thoughts.

Have you ever known someone with Xenosaga? If you don't know, Xenosaga is a disease where you turn into Bill Clinton after seven days. My cousin recently caught a case of it, and he was already showing signs of turning into Bill Clinton. You see, every time I walked up to him, he always said "I did NOT have sexual relations with that panda!" and he had this inexplicable urge to tip over cows. However, there is one cure. You have to find the eye of anoobis! Now, even I haven't found the eye of anoobis. I have been on a long journey to find it, but there was no luck. Oh well. After thinking about it, I realized that my cousin is a douchebag, and it would be really cool to have Bill Clinton as a cousin, so I let the disease to take place.

Yup, very corny episode. I don't even want to bother explaining how corny it was >.<
Old 09-20-2007, 02:02 AM   #45
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Xenosaga sounds like quite the far trip. o_o
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #46
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, I just posted here, so anyone must know that I have watched episode 11. I won't throw any random nonsense at you this time though....

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. Even though it was traveling through the memories of Sumomo and Tsuwabuki, because whenever they collect the star drops, Tsuwabuki will forget everything from the past months of knowing Sumomo, it was still a really sweet episode. It was also pretty devoid of any corny things that this usually has. Also, even after that, Sumomo toughened up and didn't cry (she did when the discovery was made though), even after Tsuwabuki forgot everything and asked who she was at the end of the episode.

Now I will have to wait for the subs to come out for episode 12.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #47
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Is twelve the final episode?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #48
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Yuppers. Actually, the RAW has been out for a couple of weeks, but the subbers have just now hit episode 11.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #49
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

What? I am posting here again? That must mean I have watched the latest and final Nanatsuiro Drops. If you think that, you are correct my good sirs!

Nanatsuiro Drops- To tell the truth, the only reason I even watched this is because of just how utterly adorable everything (especially Sumomo) is. You see, I hate magical girl anime because they are extremely corny. The only one that did not give those same vibes were CCS. Anyway, behind the thick coating of stereotypical magical girl plot elements is a very sweet and adorable romance. Honestly, for a mahou shoujo, this wasn't that corny, but it was corny nonetheless. As you know, I really liked the art style. The fact that I took the time to watch every episode, despite my hatred for magical girl anime, really says alot. I give Nanatsuiro Drops a pretty good.

Oh, if you want to know what happened in the last episode, I can talk about it if you wish.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #50
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Please do. I'm giving it a Poor no matter what though, show was just too mundane to really be entertaining.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime