UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 02-20-2020, 08:52 PM   #376
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Krelia couldn't help but smile at Gavin's comment about the Seriously good smelling food but not only that she was rather blown away by the image of the man when he walked in to kitchen. Krelia wasn't one to get bothered in any form by attractive people. This was some how an exception and she was deeply confused but tried to put on her best smile. She would certainly be pondering over him later in her late night insomniatic night drawing sessions.

"Hello, Gavin, my name is Krelia as Keith said, but its a plesure to meet you" Krelia reached out and shook Gavins hand.

"Hey Keith.... And hi sis"

Soon enough Drake walked in to the room soon after Peeves.
Scratching his head and almost nervously shuffling his feet Drake spoke with a deeper voice that seemed to match his more..... Ursaring like looks and he was almost unrecognizable however that was immediately shot down because Wolfe, the 12 foot tall monster of an arcanine tackled him down to the floor in a completely rare display of affection and licked his partner all over his face keeping Drake effectively trapped while Krelia giggled.

Krelia seemed quite pleased to meet Gavin, and as they shook hands, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. And the same went for afterwards as well. "So, Krelia, where you from-" he began, just as Drake entered the room, much to general surprise- neither Keith nor Gavin had expected Drake, and while Gavin didn't even know him and therefore had no reason to expect him, Keith didn't expect him to look the way he looked- downright huge, built like an Ursaring, even his voice was deeper than it used to be. And if any of this was considered reason to doubt that this was indeed Drake, Wolfe's reaction dispelled it all real quick by pouncing and licking his face. Krelia giggled at ths. Keith, too, smiled and laughed, very much reminded of how Sirius always does that sort of thing with him. Willa didn't laugh, but she did smile. And Gavin had to chuckle as well, once the initial shock of seeing such a huge person walking in out of nowhere had worn off. He turned to Keith. "Who the-" he began.

"That would be Drake," Keith replied. "That friend of mine I was telling you about. Really nice guy."

"Y'know, I believe it," Gavin nodded. "Guy in Pyrite Town, goes by the name of Duking, much the same way. Built like a Machoke, looks like he could kick your ass six ways from Sunday, but at the same time, he wouldn't dare. Big help in keeping order in Pyrite, just about everyone respects him. He's where my middle name comes from." Then he turned back to Krelia. "So, uh, Krelia, like I was saying, I, uh, was asking where you're from?" he said. "You heard me just now, I'm from Pyrite Town in Orre, born and raised."

With a slight, knowing smile, Keith decided to leave the two of them to their conversation, and turned his attention to the very large man pinned beneath his very large Arcanine. "Been a while, Drake," he grinned. "Good to see you again. You, uh, you OK down there?" he added with a slight chuckle. "Need help?" It was kind of absurd to think Keith could provide any meaningful help in this situation, but come on, what self-respecting host didn't at least offer?
Old 02-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #377
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Krelia seemed quite pleased to meet Gavin, and as they shook hands, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. And the same went for afterwards as well. "So, Krelia, where you from-" he began, just as Drake entered the room, much to general surprise- neither Keith nor Gavin had expected Drake, and while Gavin didn't even know him and therefore had no reason to expect him, Keith didn't expect him to look the way he looked- downright huge, built like an Ursaring, even his voice was deeper than it used to be. And if any of this was considered reason to doubt that this was indeed Drake, Wolfe's reaction dispelled it all real quick by pouncing and licking his face. Krelia giggled at ths. Keith, too, smiled and laughed, very much reminded of how Sirius always does that sort of thing with him. Willa didn't laugh, but she did smile. And Gavin had to chuckle as well, once the initial shock of seeing such a huge person walking in out of nowhere had worn off. He turned to Keith. "Who the-" he began.

"That would be Drake," Keith replied. "That friend of mine I was telling you about. Really nice guy."

"Y'know, I believe it," Gavin nodded. "Guy in Pyrite Town, goes by the name of Duking, much the same way. Built like a Machoke, looks like he could kick your ass six ways from Sunday, but at the same time, he wouldn't dare. Big help in keeping order in Pyrite, just about everyone respects him. He's where my middle name comes from." Then he turned back to Krelia. "So, uh, Krelia, like I was saying, I, uh, was asking where you're from?" he said. "You heard me just now, I'm from Pyrite Town in Orre, born and raised."

With a slight, knowing smile, Keith decided to leave the two of them to their conversation, and turned his attention to the very large man pinned beneath his very large Arcanine. "Been a while, Drake," he grinned. "Good to see you again. You, uh, you OK down there?" he added with a slight chuckle. "Need help?" It was kind of absurd to think Keith could provide any meaningful help in this situation, but come on, what self-respecting host didn't at least offer?

Drake's response was muffled but it was a clearerish no because he shook his hands at Keith with his palms down. Soon enough Wolfe let Drake get back up on his own but practically stayed glued to him along with Cassie.

" Yes, its been a while Keith, how have things been going for you?" Drake leand back on his monsterous pokemons side.

Krelia, meanwhile was beginning to open up to Gavin, answering questions of his and asking in turn. " Well... Technically I was born in Veilstone City, Sinnoh. However its a long and complicated story and im not sure if Keith told you yet, about the full details. He or Drake are the ones you'd have to ask to get the best understanding of the story. Im not too great at talking, and I speak and remember things better through art."

For an example to show Gavin she pulled out her note book and flipped through several pages before stoping on a picture that had been colored in to express even more what was going on. It showed a man standing on a cliff side overlooking the ocean while a Pokemon's shadow could be seen in the water easily thrice the size of a normal humans hieght. The time inside the drawing seemed to be either Dusk, or Dawn because the sun was halfway hidden at the waters edge.

She showed this to Gavin and then she let him flip through her book to see other art works she worked on. It was apparent this was a older one as Keith noticed there wasn't a sketch of him or willa in this one despite him seeing her draw in her book.

"Oh that reminds me, Krelia your pokedex came in today, I remoded it to function like mine and added my data to yours" Drake then tossed a purple device at Krelia, who caught it and inspected it. It was pretty identical to Drakes Ptector hanging from his belt but Her's was smaller and puprle in places where his was black, and pink where his was red.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:25 AM   #378
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Drake's response was muffled but it was a clearerish no because he shook his hands at Keith with his palms down. Soon enough Wolfe let Drake get back up on his own but practically stayed glued to him along with Cassie.

" Yes, its been a while Keith, how have things been going for you?" Drake leand back on his monsterous pokemons side.

Krelia, meanwhile was beginning to open up to Gavin, answering questions of his and asking in turn. " Well... Technically I was born in Veilstone City, Sinnoh. However its a long and complicated story and im not sure if Keith told you yet, about the full details. He or Drake are the ones you'd have to ask to get the best understanding of the story. Im not too great at talking, and I speak and remember things better through art."

For an example to show Gavin she pulled out her note book and flipped through several pages before stoping on a picture that had been colored in to express even more what was going on. It showed a man standing on a cliff side overlooking the ocean while a Pokemon's shadow could be seen in the water easily thrice the size of a normal humans hieght. The time inside the drawing seemed to be either Dusk, or Dawn because the sun was halfway hidden at the waters edge.

She showed this to Gavin and then she let him flip through her book to see other art works she worked on. It was apparent this was a older one as Keith noticed there wasn't a sketch of him or willa in this one despite him seeing her draw in her book.

"Oh that reminds me, Krelia your pokedex came in today, I remoded it to function like mine and added my data to yours" Drake then tossed a purple device at Krelia, who caught it and inspected it. It was pretty identical to Drakes Ptector hanging from his belt but Her's was smaller and puprle in places where his was black, and pink where his was red.

Keith chuckled at Drake's muffled response, and waited until Wolfe let the man stand on his own. Eventually, Drake was able to get back up, and he asked Keith how things were going for him. "Pretty good, man," Keith replied with a smile. "A lot's happened since last time. Case in point, I'd like you to meet my lovely girlfriend, Willa," he added, as Willa walked over to his side. Keith put an arm around her, which brought the slightest of smiles to her face.

"Good to meet you, Drake," Willa said, offering a handshake. "I am Willa Carnet."

"In fact, as you've probably seen on the way here, Sludge Wave Coast is really shaping up to be more like a small town by this point," Keith added. "A few new houses around here- Willa actually lives here with me, neither of those houses are hers," he added. "That one just north of the Pokémon Center, person named Terri Alph lives there. And that huge colosseum on the southern end of town, that's run by that guy over there," he added, gesturing to Gavin. "That's Gavin Golurkson. Very good guy. His house is right next door to Sludge Wave Colosseum. He's a Shiny hunter from Pyrite Town. How about you, though, Drake?" Keith asked. "How's things going for you?"

Gavin, meanwhile, listened as Krelia explained that she was technically from Veilstone City, but that hers was a long and complicated story, the details of which she wasn't exactly the best suited to go into. "Keith was actually telling me, about Drake being from an alternate universe or something like that, so I'm guessing the same goes for you?" Krelia then explained that with her, her art said a lot more than her words, and to drive that point home, she took out a notebook and showed a picture to Gavin, one she'd colored in. Gavin gave a low whistle as he looked at it, sounding impressed. At one point he glanced over at Drake and Wolfe, then back at the picture, before Krelia allowed him to flip through the book himself, and as he did so, the looks on his face made it quite clear he continued to be impressed by Krelia's artistic skill.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #379
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

(Just so everyone knows, the storyline that I'm about to start is separate from any that are going on right now.)

The blades of Jake Celeste's helicopter, the Skarmorix, whirred as it soared over the Sea of Fizzytopia. Jake and his Lucario sat in the front two seats, and Jake's Buizel sat in one of the backseats.

It was Jake's sky tour, which he usually went on once a week. Quite a while ago, he had had some unexpected guests, Keith Masters and Willa Carnet, come to his Secret Base. They had a good time, but the visitors' stay had to be cut short because of a sky tour that Jake had unwittingly planned that day.

Now, Jake was in his autopiloted helicopter, enjoying the sights of the calm blue water. The route was always a loop that took him out to sea before flying back to land. So that Jake wouldn't get bored, the route was different every time. Water-type Pokémon happily swam in the water, some Dewgong leaping out freely, and Wailmer and Wailord were shooting Water Spouts into the air.

"We are turning around," reported the Skarmorix's Skarmory-like voice. Jake's helicopter spoke Skarmory, that's right. It was no problem for him, because he had learned Skarmory language from Lucario.

"Got it," replied Jake.

As the 'copter neared land, a Secret Base came into view from the left. Jake knew it wasn't his own, but it would be farther north. Wait...this Secret Base looked familiar.

"Oh, look!" Jake pointed. "The Sludge Wave Coast! That's where Keith lives!"

Who? Lucario asked. He used telepathy to communicate.

"The Poison-type Trainer. You know, the one with that cowboy hat?"

Right! Him! I remember now.

Jake was forced to cut Keith and Willa's stay short because of a sky tour, but now his sky tour took him to their base. Funny how things come full circle, Jake thought. Which reminded him...

"Skarmorix!" Jake yelped. "Change course! Land at the dock at Sludge Wave Coast!"

"Affirmative," said the helicopter, after a series of beeps. "Changing course...landing now."

The Skarmorix hovered in place, before slowly lowering onto the water next to the dock. The skilled autopilot deployed the pontoons so that they could land on the water. The aircraft landed with a soft squish. Jake saw that Keith's boat, the Banette's Revenge, was docked across the dock.

"Time to get out, guys!" said Jake, unbuckling his seat belt just as the engines stopped. "We've got to take the Sludge Wave Colosseum Challenge! I heard of it some time ago, and I can't wait to test out my battling skills more! But first, we'd better tell Keith that we're here. It might be better to let him do the talking than explain everything to Gavin Golurkson."

"Bui, Buizel!" agreed Buizel, unbuckling his seat belt.

Lucario unbuckled his seat belt as well, and the three of them opened the door of the helicopter and jumped out onto the dock. After closing the door and safely securing the Skarmorix, Jake and his Pokémon raced along the dock, across the clearing, and finally right to the door of Keith's mansion. After catching his breath, Jake knocked on the door.

Last edited by Zorchic; 03-20-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #380
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It was a fairly exciting day at Sludge Wave Coast. There was a Colosseum challenge scheduled today, and it was coming up fairly soon. The morning, Keith Masters and Willa Carnet had devoted to training their Pokémon in preparation for the competition, and now they were just relaxing, when came a knock at the door.

The door opened maybe a few seconds after Jake knocked, but neither Keith nor Willa had opened it. Instead, Jake saw a large Dusknoir looking down at him. "Can I help you?" he asked, speaking human language.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #381
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The door opened, revealing a Dusknoir. In human language, he asked, "Can I help you?"

Jake was astonished, but he shouldn't have been. If Lucario could use telepathy, why couldn't a Dusknoir speak human language?

"Oh, hi!" Jake waved, hiding his surprise. "I'm Jake Celeste. I met Keith and Willa a few weeks ago. Could you take me to them? I'm planning to join the Colosseum Challenge, and I'd like them to know. If possible, could you also take me to the Colosseum after that? Thanks."

Lucario and Buizel, who were standing on either side of him, just nodded mutely.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #382
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, sure, no problem," the Dusknoir shrugged. "Yeah, I heard Keith and Willa mention you, now that I think of it. Battling you is how Willa's Magikarp evolved, as I understand it? Damn, that thing got big!" he chuckled.

At that moment, however, another ghost made its presence known. This one was a lot more active than the Dusknoir, however- a young, excitable Duskull, whose cloak gave the look of a chocolate chip cookie. He even smelled like a chocolate chip cookie. "Oh! Hello! New person! Guests! Friends!!!" he exclaimed excitedly in perfect, albeit grammatically imperfect, human language.

"Chip, take it easy, alright?" chuckled the Dusknoir. "You eaten too many cookies again?"

The Duskull tilted his head. Whole body. You get the picture. "Too... many?" he repeated, as though unfamiliar with the concept.

"Lemme put it this way- are there any cookies left?" asked the Dusknoir.

"Of course there cookies left!" Chip responded. "Uh... crumbs count as cookies, right?" he added sheepishly.

The Dusknoir chuckled. "No, son, they don't," he said patiently. "But enough about that for now- Keith and Willa have guests, after all," he reminded the Duskull, gesturing to Jake and his Pokémon. "This is Jake and his Lucario and Buizel."

"Oh! Yes! My name Chip, nice meet you," Chip said politely to Jake and his Pokémon.

"And I'm Peeves, Chip's father," added the Dusknoir. "C'mon in." With that, he led the way down the large, spacious entrance hall. When they reached the last door on the left, they could hear voices.

"...are both sorry about this, Keith, we intended for Chip to leave some for you."

"Lil, really, it's alright, I bring these cookies in the house with the expectation that I'll never see a crumb of them between you, Peeves, and Chip." Following this was a good-natured chuckle. "I mean, I'm all for teaching Chip a little self-control, don't get me wrong, but in this case there's really nothing to apologize for."

"Hey," Peeves said, leading the way into the kitchen. Keith and Willa were seated at the table, upon which sat an open and distinctly empty cookie jar. Another Dusknoir was in the kitchen as well, whose eye lit up as she saw Peeves and Chip. "Already had a word with Chip about that, Lil. And Keith, Willa, you got company," he added, floating aside to reveal-

"Jake!" Keith grinned, getting up to shake the Aura Guardian's hand. "Good to see you again. I take it you've met Peeves and Chip, and this here is Liliana," he added, with a nod to the female Dusknoir, who bowed politely to Jake.

"Pleased to meet you," Liliana added. Hers had been the other voice Jake had heard, the one apologizing for Chip's actions- clearly, the whole family could speak human language.

"A pleasure to see you again," Willa chimed in, likewise standing up to greet him.

"So what brings you here?" Keith asked.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:39 PM   #383
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake chuckled at the little Duskull, whose name was Chip. No surprise, he thought. His cloak says it all.

Peeves the Dusknoir proceeded to let Jake and his Pokémon in. They went down the hall to the last door on the left. Just before they went in, Jake heard what sounded like talking. Keith and an unfamiliar female voice.

Just then, Peeves opened the door to the room. It was now apparent that the room was a kitchen, and Lucario peered to the side of Peeves, seeing Keith, Willa, and another Dusknoir. Jake stepped out from behind Peeves as Keith and Willa greeted them. He shook Keith's hand with pleasure.

"Nice to see you again, too," Jake replied. "Nice to meet you, Liliana. And Peeves, and Chip, of course."

Jake here is going to enter the Colosseum Challenge, explained Lucario. We thought we might stop by before we register.

"Yep," Jake agreed. "And I'm totally going to use these two guys in battle," he grinned, playfully elbowing Buizel and Lucario.

"Bui, Buizel," Buizel chuckled. Hey, that hurts.

"So, when will the Colosseum Challenge start? I take it there's one happening today," continued Jake.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #384
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

After all the greetings were said and done, Lucario went into why they were here- Jake had heard of Sludge Wave Colosseum, and intended to enter a Colosseum challenge. He then proceeded to ask what time the challenge would start, adding in the process that he had merely been assuming that there would be one taking place that day. "There is indeed, you're in luck," grinned Keith. "I mean, they don't happen on a daily basis, but close enough for one to get that impression," he added fairly. "It actually won't be too long now- me and Willa were about to head on over to Sludge Wave Colosseum and sign up."

"We'll gladly show you the way, although you couldn't possibly miss the place," Willa added. Keith chuckled and nodded at this- Willa wasn't wrong, after all.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:55 PM   #385
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake nodded when Willa offered to show him the way to the Sludge Wave Colosseum. "I'd like that, thank you," he said, returning Lucario and Buizel to their Pokéballs. Well, Buizel's Pokéball was actually a Cherish Ball, but that was beside the point. Gotta make sure they get their rest before battle... Jake thought to himself.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #386
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Then let's not waste time," Willa stated.

"Yeah, definitely," agreed Keith. "Peeves, Lil, Chip, you're all more than welcome to come watch," he added.

"Noted," nodded Peeves.

Keith turned back to Jake. "Alright, let's go," he said.

And go they did! As Willa had said, it was indeed quite impossible to miss the Sludge Wave Colosseum. As soon as they exited the Poisonous Palace, which was situated at the northernmost point of Sludge Wave Coast, they had a very nice view of the rest of the property. There was what appeared to be a laboratory of some sort situated right next door, there was a small house that looked like it wouldn't be out of place in some old ruins, and there was the unmistakable red roof of a Pokémon Center. However, none of that could hope to hide the massive domelike structure directly south of them. There was a small house connected to it, dwarfed by the Colosseum.

"Friend of ours lives there," Keith said, gesturing to the house as they walked by. "Gavin Golurkson- a Shiny hunter from Pyrite Town. He runs Sludge Wave Colosseum- these Colosseum challenges are a big thing in Orre, and when he came out to Fizzytopia and moved to Sludge Wave Coast, he wanted to introduce a little Orre culture to the place."

"The Colosseum challenges are immensely enjoyable," Willa said, keeping her voice even, though unable to extinguish the fiery excitement in her eyes. "They've drawn in powerful opponents from all over the region."

As they approached the Colosseum's doors, however, they were already open, so as to allow the very man they were talking about to exit. "Hey, there you two are!" Gavin grinned. "You better get a move on, shit's filling up quick," he stated. "And who's this?" he added, noticing Jake.

"This is a friend of ours- Jake Celeste," Keith stated. "Jake, this is Gavin Golurkson, we were just telling you about him."

"Good to meet you, Jake," grinned Gavin, shaking Jake's hand firmly. "I take it you want in on this Colosseum challenge, too, then?"

"He does indeed," Keith stated. "We on time?"

"Best fucking timing ever," Gavin responded. "Only three slots left, so I'd haul ass if I were you."

That was all Keith and Willa needed to hear. They led Jake inside at once. Mercifully, nobody was ahead of them at the counter, and the receptionist beckoned them closer on sight. "Mr. Master, Miss Carnet, I take it you'll be entering?" she said.

"You know it," Keith replied. "Our friend's entering, too- Gav said there's enough room for that?"

"Just exactly enough," confirmed the receptionist, handing signup forms to the three of them. "Mr. Masters, Miss Carnet, you know the drill by now."

Keith nodded, then turned to Jake. "Really simple," he stated. "Just fill in your name, hometown, and the two Pokémon you'll be using. It's all double battles, just keep that in mind." As he spoke, the receptionist also handed out pens to each of them, and Keith and Willa wasted no time filling out their forms as the receptionist waited patiently.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:43 PM   #387
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

As Jake and the others hurried inside the registration lobby, the young Aura Guardian was formally introduced to Gavin Golurkson, who ran the place. "Nice to meet you, Gavin. I heard about you when I found out about the Sludge Wave Colosseum challenges," Jake commented.
"Yeah, this is simple enough," he remarked as he took the pen and started to fill in the required information on the signup form.
Jake Celeste, from Pastoria City, Sinnoh.
Jake thought a moment, before writing the names of the Pokémon he would use on the signup form as well.

"I filled out my form," Jake reported once he was done. He handed the pen and the completed form to the receptionist, and cracked his knuckles expectantly. "So, uh, may we enter now?" he asked.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #388
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake handed in his form about as soon as Keith and Willa did likewise. At his question, the receptionist nodded. "Yes, Mr. Celeste, you all may. Let me show you to your waiting rooms, and good luck to you all!"

Indeed, she led each of them to a separate waiting room, Jake's being the last of the three. It was a small room, but it had the essentials- a comfortable couch for one's use while waiting, a small refrigerator stocked with bottles of Fresh Water, even a healing machine for use between battles. Each room was also fitted with a speaker, the purpose of which soon became very clear, once a voice sounded over it calling Jake to the battlefield for his first round battle.

"Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for some fucking battles?!" Gavin exclaimed into a microphone as Danny headed out onto the battlefield. The stands were packed with spectators (including Peeves, Liliana, and Chip, if Jake were to look for them; Chip waved enthusiastically upon spotting Jake), all of them cheering at Gavin's words. "For those of you new around her, I'm Gavin Golurkson, from Pyrite Town, born and raised. Now that you know it, you better damn well remember it! Where I'm from, Colosseum challenges are a big fucking deal, so when I came out here to Fizzytopia, I figured, y'know, why not bring a little Orre culture along for the ride? But hey- y'all ain't come to hear me blathering on, now did you!"

The crowd roared their approval at this. "Fuck, yeah!" grinned Gavin. "Now, then! The first battle of the first round is about to commence, the Trainers are entring right now! To my left, a newcomer to Sludge Wave Coast, Jake Celeste from Pastoria City in Sinnoh!" The crowd cheered as Jake was introduced, many of them wondering how he'd fare in this competition.

"And to my right, also participating in his first Colosseum challenge, the newest resident of Sludge Wave Coast and an aspiring cryptopokologist- give it up for Eddie Starmie from Cinnabar Island in Kanto!" Again, much cheering as Jake's opponent stepped out onto the opposite end of the battlefield, nervously adjusting his glasses- a young teenage boy, looking somewhat daunted by the prospect of battling before this crowd, and yet, at the same time, not looking deterred in the slightest. "Alright! Y'all should know the rules- two Poémon apiece, double battle. Your two Pokémon faint, you lose, other guy wins. Now, then- let the battle begin!"

Eddie nodded at Jake. "I wish you luck," he called. "It seems we're both new to this competition, aren't we? But I won't go down so easily!" As he spoke, he produced a pair of Poké Balls and threw them. "Go, Battery! Go, Hermione!" he exclaimed as a Togedemaru and a Weedle materialized on the battlefield.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:05 AM   #389
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The receptionist led the challengers to their waiting rooms. Jake looked around for a moment, before deciding that he didn’t need much. It was just as well—he was soon called by the speaker for the first Colosseum battle! Jake hurried to the arena.

And so the first battle of the Colosseum Challenge began! Jake confidently walked onto the battlefield and took his place. On the other side was a cryptopokologist named Eddie Starmie, who apparently just moved to Sludge Wave Coast. Come to think of it, Jake remembered one of the houses he had seen outside, the one next to Keith’s Poisonous Palace. That one looked like it would be for someone like Eddie.

"You too, Eddie!" Jake called. "I wish you luck as well!”

Sorry, guys, Jake thought. This time, I’ll let my other Pokémon have a chance to battle. He pulled two Pokéballs out of his pockets and threw them in the air. "Go, Staravia! Go, Gengar!"

With that, Jake’s two Pokémon materialized. "Staravia!" sang the Starling Pokémon as he emerged, flapping his wings. He had evolved since Jake had met Keith and Willa at his Campus of the Tech and Psychic.

Gen ga!” Jake’s other Pokémon gave a snappy but happy call. She enjoyed the atmosphere of the crowded arena, bouncing up and down in excitement.

Jake looked at the opposing Pokémon, a Togedemaru and Weedle. Wait, he recognized that Weedle! It was the same one he had seen at the Twisted Roots Gym. That meant that this was the same Trainer as well! Jake thought about calling to Eddie to remind him, but decided that this wasn’t the time. Maybe after the battle.

Of course, Jake had to be wary of Staravia’s obvious type disadvantage against the Togedemaru. A Pokémon that was Normal- and Flying-type like Staravia usually wouldn’t fare well against an Electric- and Steel-type like Togedemaru. But Staravia’s battling skills had improved since his evolution. Jake knew that he had a way to handle the disadvantage.

Now that the battle was about to begin, Jake readied himself for some action. He prepared his orders, which he would give as soon as Gavin, the referee, gave the call to start the battle.

Last edited by Zorchic; 03-21-2020 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Fixing a spelling error
Old 03-21-2020, 12:17 AM   #390
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Jake looked vaguely familiar to Eddie, but only a little. In all actuality, Eddie had been too focused on the humongous Appletun to get too good a look at his allies, so it wasn't dawning on him quite yet that he'd seen Jake before.

"Alrighty, Eddie's sent out his Togedemaru and Weedle, while Jake's sent out his Gengar and Swello- no, wait, that's a Staravia!" Gavin corrected himself. "Well, shit. Had me fooled for a second. Ain't never seen a Staravia colored that way before, and I like it!"

"Fascinating plumage," Eddie murmured, eyeing the Staravia. "I may have to ask him about this following the battle. But for now, we fight! Battery, use Fake Out on Staravia! Hermione, go for the Gengar and use Shadow Claw!"

"Togedemar!" exclaimed Battery, running towards Staravia.

"Weeeedle!" Hermione declared. She had given a polite bow to her opponent when first sent out, but was now making her way to Gengar, her tail stinger bathed in a sinister energy as she prepared to swipe it at the Ghost/Poison-type for a super effective blow!
Old 03-21-2020, 12:49 AM   #391
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The battle soon began! The Togedemaru quickly leaped up and Faked Staravia Out before he could react! Meanwhile, the Weedle went in for a Shadow Claw on Gengar.

"Not so fast!" Jake called. "Gengar, Reflect Type, now! On Togedemaru!"

Just before the Shadow Claw hit, Gengar’s body glowed silver, then yellow, as she copied Togedemaru’s typing. The Weedle’s attack connected, but it wasn’t super effective as it would have been. The glow subsided; Gengar was now Electric- and Steel-type!

"Good!" said Jake. "Staravia, you okay back there?"

"Starrr..." Staravia ruffled his feathers, recovering from the initial flinch that the Fake Out caused. He wasn’t going to be swindled with a single Fake Out.

"Alright, then!" Jake nodded at Staravia, before issuing commands. "Gengar, use Psychic on Weedle! Bring it up, then down! Staravia, start with Double Team!"

Jake’s Pokémon moved to carry out his commands. Gengar’s eyes glowed blue as she sent Psychic waves at the Weedle, intending to levitate it up in the air before bringing it down on the ground. Staravia flew up high and flashed white for a second before copies of him started appearing around him. They all looked exactly the same. It would be harder for Eddie’s Pokémon to land their attacks on Staravia now.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:44 AM   #392
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Boom! Fake Out!" Gavin grinned as Battery's attack landed the first blow of the match. "Staravia ain't doing shit to start this match, that's for sure!" And then Jake had a beautiful plan to prevent Shadow Claw from doing all it could do; Reflect Type, to take on the same typing as Battery. Shadow Claw connected, but wasn't super effective.

"A clever move from Gengar, as it uses Reflect Type to become Electric and Steel!" Gavin commented. "Now Eddie's gotta deal with having his own type combination thrown back in his face!"

Eddie's glasses lenses gleamed as he chuckled. "Copied Battery's typing, hmm? Perfect. Hermione, use String Shot to evade!"

"Weeedle!" Hermione responded, shooting a strand of sticky silk straight up. It stuck onto the ceiling, allowing the Weedle to reel herself in, pulling herself up and away from the Psychic waves!

"Now follow up with an Electroweb, straight down!" Eddie commanded. "Battery, wait for your opportunity," he added.

"Demar," nodded Battery, watching the proceedings intently. Hermione, meanwhile, still suspended from the ceiling, generated a ball of electricity that, as it was launched downward, unraveled into a large electrical net that threatened to hit Jake's entire side of the battlefield!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #393
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The battle continued playing out, as the Weedle cleverly used String Shot to stick itself to the ceiling. In that way, the Bug- and Poison-type managed to avoid the Psychic attack. Furthermore, the Weedle, whose name Jake understood was Hermione, released an Electroweb at Jake’s Pokémon.

Fortunately for Jake, he quickly came up with a plan to stop the Electroweb. "Gengar, Icy Wind! Chill down the Electroweb and blow it away!" he commanded. "Staravia, now’s your chance to attack! Use Heat Wave!"

"Gengar!" cried the now Electric- and Steel-type Pokémon. She blew a wind of freezing air at the Electric-type attack, stiffening it and allowing Staravia to add another attack to the mix. After Gengar held the net in place with Psychic, the bird Pokémon flapped his wings harder, as his Double Team copies did the same, flawlessly mimicking the original’s movements. A wave of flame spread from (all the) Staravia’s wings, searing and eliminating the Electroweb.

"Well done, Staravia!" Jake called. "Keep it going! Heat Wave again, this time at the opponents! Gengar, Levitate into the air and aim a Hypnosis at the Togedemaru! Whatever it’s going to do, we can’t let that happen!"

Acting upon Jake’s orders, Staravia and his Double Team copies released another Heat Wave from their wings, this one tilted vertically. The spread move would affect both Battery and Hermione. In addition, Gengar flew below and in front of the many Staravia, using her ability Levitate. She floated closer to the Togedemaru, and released hypnotic waves from her eyes that would put Battery to sleep if the move hit.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #394
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Electroweb was easily dealt with- a simple Icy Wind was sufficient to blow it off course. And then he intended to blast the web with Heat Wave, which would destroy it. "Now, Battery!" yelled Eddie.

"TogedeMAAAAAAAAR!" replied Battery, charging forward. He jumped up, sticking his long back spike straight up into the air. The electricity drained from the Electroweb, all of it honing in on that spike which was drawing it in like a Lightning Rod. By the time Staravia let loose Heat Wave, there was nothing of consequence for it to destroy.

"And there's Togedemaru's Ability at work- Lightning Rod!" Gavin declared. "Sucked up that Electroweb like it was nothing!"

Then, when Gengar floated closer to Battery, Eddie chuckled. "You think it'll be that easy?" he called. However, as he opened his mouth, he seemed to hastily reconsider his order. "Wait, Levitate?" he murmured. "Uh-oh... Hermione, use Blizzard!" he called.

"Weeeeedle!" Hermione replied, unleashing a howling snowstorm straight down towards the Staravia copies.

"And Battery, use Gyro Ball on Gengar!" continued Eddie.

"Togedeeeeeeee!" replied Battery, spinning rapidly as Gengar approached. If he couldn't see Gengar clearly, Eddie reasoned, Hypnosis was less likely to actually work.

(Not gonna lie, I was this close to having Hermione hit Gengar with Stomping Tantrum. Completely forgot Gengar in FB are still allowed to have Levitate.)
Old 03-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #395
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

To Jake's surprise, the Togedemaru quickly absorbed the Electroweb with its Ability Lightning Rod before Staravia could incinerate the attack with Heat Wave. The Weedle blew a Blizzard toward Staravia, which met Staravia's next Heat Wave that he just released. The attacks clashed in midair, neither winning out.

And then, the Togedemaru, Battery, spun at Gengar with Gyro Ball. Seeing this, Jake realized that Battery was spinning too fast for Hypnosis to be of much use on it. "Well, let's see how much Togedemaru likes a Shadow Ball!" he called to Gengar.

Gengar immediately formed a ghostly ball of energy in her hands, before releasing it at the spinning Roly-Poly Pokémon. Battery's fast spinning could be a disadvantage for him, since it would be harder to see where he was going and thus avoid attacks. Just after firing the Shadow Ball, Gengar retreated behind Staravia.

"Now, Staravia, go in for a Double-Edge on Weedle!" Jake added. "Gengar, support Staravia by using Psychic on Weedle to prevent her from escaping!"

"Star...avia!" The Starling Pokémon, with his many Double Team copies, zoomed down towards Hermione, leaving a silver streak behind each of the copies. Staravia's Ability Reckless boosted the Normal-type move's power, as Reckless would boost the power of moves that caused recoil.
Behind the multitude of Staravia, Gengar quietly used Psychic once more. Since all she would do was hold Hermione in place, she wouldn't need to send Psychic waves, as those just put more power into the move. Instead, she could simply concentrate. And concentrate she did, as her eyes glowed blue and a blue glow surrounded the Weedle that would stop her from avoiding the Double-Edge. Meanwhile, Staravia and his Double Team copies flew ever closer.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #396
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"And Heat Wave and Blizzard collide!" Gavin exclaimed "Hot air meets an arctic storm and neither one wins out!"

Meanwhile, Gengar launched a Shadow Ball to meet the Gyro Ball head-on. Battery spun fast, pushing against the Shadow Ball, but was ultimately pushed back by the Ghost move. He, however, managed to land on his feet. "Thunder Shock!" Eddie commanded.

"MAAAAAAA RUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" screamed Battery, letting loose a blast of electricity at Gengar. It wasn't very effetive, but with Battery's increased Special Attack from Lightning Rod, Eddie was hoping it'd get at least something done.

Meanwhile, the Staravia and its copies honed in on Hermione, who wasn't in any position to get away. However, that wasn't to say that she was defenseless. "And Hermione, use Fire Shield!" Eddie ordered.

"Weeeedel!" responded Hermione. Immediately, a sphere of flame materialized all around her. Staravia's Double-Edge would be stopped by this, and the attacker burned. And if this helped get rid of the Double Team copies, all the better.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #397
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

The Shadow Ball met Battery's spinning mass, and managed to push him back. The Togedemaru quickly rebounded and launched a Thunder Shock at Gengar.

"Quick, Gengar, use Psychic!" Jake called.

"Gengaaa," Gengar said ominously, releasing Psychic waves from her eyes at the Thunder Shock. The two attacks collided, resulting in the Thunder Shock shorting out and exploding in midair from the psychokinetic force. The force of the small explosion managed to push back Gengar and Battery.

Meanwhile, Staravia flew towards Hermione the Weedle, who summoned a Fire Shield just in time. Jake winced, expecting to see Staravia come out with a burn, but to his surprise, a few of the Double Team copies simply shattered. The real Staravia hadn't been affected. But now, only three copies remained, and the Fire Shield had yet to be broken. The three Staravia swooped back up and flew back in front of Jake, awaiting instruction.

Jake knew that a Fire Shield would break after it was hit, and it didn't appear to matter how strong the hit was, kinda like a Dynamax Raid Boss's shield. In that case, why not break the shield with a spread move? "Gengar, Icy Wind!" Jake ordered.

Gengar proceeded to blow a chilling wind out of her mouth, which rushed towards the Weedle and Togedemaru. Part of the attack hit Hermione's Fire Shield, breaking it, while the rest went for Battery.

"Staravia, let's go for a Wing Attack now, on Weedle!" called the young Aura Guardian.

Without a word, Staravia sprang into action. All three of the copies' wings became shrouded in bluish-white light, and they flew at the Weedle from different directions. One of the Staravia came in from the right, another from the left, and another from the front.

(Sorry about my inconsistency when it comes to depicting Wing Attack. Sometimes pure white, sometimes a hint of blue, they're all the same. )
Old 03-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #398
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Some quick thinking on Jake's part, and Psychic cancels out that Thunder Shock!" Gavin was saying. "Meanwhile, Staravia's headed right for that Fire Shield- oooh, that's gotta hurt!" he added as Staravia seemingly collided with it. In fact, as they quickly realized, it was simply some of the Double Team copies! "...I stand corrected!" Gavin chuckled. "Staravia stopped in time, and it was just some Double Team copies weren't so lucky! And here comes the Icy Wind...! ooh, that did it!" he exclaimed.

"Uh-oh," Eddie murmured. Hermione was left exposed and defenseless when the Fire Shield broke, and now Staravia was coming in for a Wing Attack! "Hermione! Ice Beam!" he called desperately.

"Weeedle!" Hermione exclaimed. She pointed her tail stinger towards the oncoming Staravia, and did her best to aim an Ice Beam from said tail stinger, hoping it would be sufficient.

Eddie then turned his attention to his Togedemaru, who was slowed down and tired, but not out just yet. "Battery, use Tickle!" he ordered.

"Togede!" smiled Battery, running over to Gengar intent on tickling her, a tactic that would reduce both her offensive and defensive power.

(It's cool. I've probably done the same thing myself for various moves.)
Old 03-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #399
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

(Just letting you know that I recently updated Gengar's moveset to include the LGPE moves.)

While Staravia flew in for Wing Attack, Hermione the Weedle shot an Ice Beam from her tail stinger right at the Staravia coming from the front. It hit...and the Staravia in front promptly vanished. It was simply a Double Team copy!
The two other remaining Staravia collided with Hermione. The one coming in from the left disappeared upon contact, but the one from the right didn't, being the real Staravia. As soon as he made contact, a burst of light flashed out as he released the energy from the Wing Attack onto the Weedle.

As Battery the Togedemaru headed towards Gengar, preparing a Tickle, Jake suddenly had an idea. "Gengar, Lick'em!" he suddenly shouted.

Gengar smiled mischievously, and right when Battery was about to start tickling Gengar, her tongue came out, coated with a life-sucking substance, and licked the Togedemaru all over. While normally the move had a chance to paralyze, Jake knew that wouldn't happen here, as Electric-types couldn't be paralyzed. Nevertheless, Lick was always good to surprise the opponent.

Jake turned back to Staravia. "Alright, Staravia, follow up with a Quick Attack before the Weedle can react!" he called.

Staravia swiftly swooped back in a loop and came back toward the Weedle in a high-speed tackle.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #400
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"The Ice Beam lands! And... ooh, bad luck, that didn't hit the Staravia at all!" Gavin declared. "That was just a Double Team clone, and the real Staravia lands a super effective Wing Attack!"

"Hermione! No!" exclaimed Eddie, but before he could even think of an attack to call out, Hermione was then struck by Quick Attack. This sent the Weedle plummeting towards the battlefield below. At the same time, Gengar had unleashed Lick upon Battery.

"Maru!?" Battery exclaimed in surprise and disgust, shivering slightly. Involuntarily, his prickly fur stood on end. Right... as... Hermione... fell on him.

"Oooh, that's gotta hurt!" Gavin exclaimed. The collision kicked up a fair amount of dust, and as it all faded, Gavin had a call to make. "...aaaand, Weedle and Togedemaru are both unable to battle!" he declared, amid much cheering from the crowd. Indeed, after taking such forceful attacks when helpless in the air, then falling a considerable distance down and landing on what amounted to a spiky metal ball... it was a bit more than the Weedle had been able to handle. And Battery was just plain inexperienced, so he didn't take much to take down. "Both of Eddie's Pokémon have been defeated, so Jake moves on to the second round!" The crowd continued cheering for Jake.

Eddie sighed as he withdrew Battery and Hermione, then nodded at Jake. "A most interesting battle style," he said with a small smile. "I intend to be better prepared for it should we battle again."

~~~~~

Following the battle, Jake was brought back to his waiting room. He was able to heal up his Gengar and Staravia for the next match, drink some water, pretty much relax and make sure he was good and ready for his next battle. And some time later, the voice came over the speaker again, calling Jake back out to the battlefield for his second round battle.

"And Round 2 fucking begins!" Gavin exclaimed as Jake and his next opponent headed out to the battlefield. "Our first battle of the second round- to my left, having displayed some very quick thinking and pulling out a glorious win in Round 1, I give you Jake Celeste from Pastoria City!" The crowd cheered once more- it was clear they were excited to see Jake and his Pokémon in action once more.

"And to my right, after a decisive Round 1 victory, a Sludge Wave Colosseum regular and fellow Sludge Wave Coast resident, Terri Alph from the Ruins of Alph in Johto!" Much cheering followed this, with a Froslass in the crowd cheering especially wildly, as a small teenage girl walked out onto her end of the battlefield. "Alright, same rules as the first round, so if you don't remember those, you're kinda screwed here. Now, then- let the battle begin!"

Terri gave a polite bow and a mysterious smile to Jake. "Good luck," she called to him. "The crowd is cheering exceptionally hard for you- your first battle must have been good. But you'll need to battle even better to beat me," she added, producing a Poké Ball and a Steel Ball, and throwing them both. "Increase, XXXXX, engage!" she exclaimed. From the regular Poké Ball appeared a Morelull, while a Bronzor appeared from the Steel Ball.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases