Mercutio vs TheKnightsFury
2 vs 2
Singles
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Equiall 1
72 HR DQ
Indoor Rock Field
Here we have what I assume to be a levelling match between Mercutio, an ASB veteran and TheKnightsFury, a relative newcomer. The match will take place in the rock arena-

Quote:
Rock: [Indoors/Outdoors] A simple arena, the Rock arena consists primarily of fairly easily manipulated soil. The ground underfoot is rife with rocks and other such minerals, meaning attacks such as Stealth Rock work with impunity, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily. The main aspect setting the Rock arena apart is the numerous boulders interspersed across the field. These will provide ample cover for most smaller Pokemon, and are open for manipulation. This includes being used to fuel attacks such as Rock Slide, as well as being able to be thrown by some stronger Pokemon. Within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of a rock, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement.
Squads up!

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
T-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

dont hold back kush! I want a tough battle to push me to new heights!

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
dont hold back kush! I want a tough battle to push me to new heights!
I crush you like bug. Good luck!

Yes to levelling so dw about super detail.

Huǒ, the male Slugma; Burn, baby burn, disco inferno!
Hidden Power: Water.
Signature Trait: "Steel Type Gym Leader"; Huǒ can use every single non-legend move considered to be Water typed in the ASB and/or the games. When Huǒ uses these moves, he generates lava instead of water (Lava Gun, Pyro Cannon etc.), and the moves count as being Fire type for the purposes of calculating damage and energy usage. Huǒ cannot use moves like Surf to travel safely across actual water, but can use such moves in lava as normal. Because they're made of lava, all of Huǒ's such moves have a 30% chance of burning the foe, but they lack any other secondary effect they might usually have. Huǒ cannot evolve in to Magcargo, cannot use any moves which are considered to be Fire typed in the ASB and/or the games and cannot use Stockpile or Recover.

Madame Cholet, the female Dunsparce; Madame Cholet used to be a shy little Frenchie but, having moved to London in her youth, she blossomed into a feisty little cockney. Having moved from her tiny French village because of the horrible smell, disgusting food and ugly people, she was refreshed to end up in London where everything is superior to everywhere else.
Hidden Power: Fighting.
Signature Move: "Sweeping Advance" (Flying); Madame Cholet flaps her wings and generates a vast spinning vortex of wind that rushes towards the opponent, simtaneously launching herself through the vortex backwards at high speed. She tackles the opponent heavily, dealing heavy damage for heavy energy. The vortex is extremely powerful and will deflect most incoming attacks, while the violent, dizzying collision has a 30% chance of inflicting confusion. Madame Cholet has the Flying energy to use this twice per battle.

Supūn, the male Abra; Supūn is a master magician, misdirecting his audience and performing astounding tricks of the highest calibre to great acclaim. A favourite trick is to rapidly shift from view, distracting the audience with a flash and a bang before reappearing in another place sipping a Long Island Iced Tea.
Hidden Power: Flying.
Signature Move: "Misdirection" (Psychic); Supūn vanishes in a flash of light and smoke, striking a few moments later to surprise the foe and deal solid damage for significant energy. This has the secondary effect of inflicting mild confusion on the foe. Due to the surprising nature of this attack, it cannot be easily dodged, protected or countered, though this is by no means impossible. It can be used thrice per battle.

Audrey II, the female Bellsprout; Whatever they offer you... don't feed the plants. Audrey II is a powerful plant type pokémon hailing from the darkest reaches of space and time. Once, in a small American town, it got very dark... and there was this strange humming sound, like something from another world... and when the light came back this weird plant was just sitting there. Audrey II started out weak and frail, a puny Bellsprout, but over time she was able to feed upon the lifeblood of foe pokémon... and foe humans. Eventually she was able to evolve and outgrow her plant pot led existence, growing stronger with each time she fed upon her victims. Like a virulent vampire she spreads across the pokémon world, taking root, planting seeds, devouring those who fall for her pretty charms.
Hidden Power: Fighting.
Signature Trait: "Mean Green Mother from Outer Space"; If Audrey II is able to latch hold of an opponent and get at least a part of them in to her pitcher for more than a few moments, she drinks from their life force, gaining an automatic 10% boost to both of her offensive stats as well as her speed stat. These boosts last for one round and, though they can never grow beyond 10%, can be replenished repeatedly by latching on and feeding every round.

Boss Kodora, the male Aron; Boss Kodora was owned by a notorious member of Team Rocket, who was fond of standing foes in cinder blocks and filling them with cement. As a little Aron eager to please, Kodora strove to emulate his master and came up with an interesting method of capturing his enemies. Years later, working with me, he learned to enhance this technique to a much grander scale, using his steely powers to entomb his opponents in a trap of iron.
Hidden Power: Flying.
Signature Move: "Cement Shoes" (Steel/Rock); Boss Kodora generates metallic rocks to rapidly surround the victim. He can do this to any foe of comparable size or less and in any arena, though like Rock Tomb this is difficult to use on high-flying Pokémon. The trap is well constructed, rendering it resistant to all damage, and will encompass the target from all sides. This includes a floor, preventing escape by digging, and a ceiling. Although not inescapable, the trap requires substantial effort and energy to break from the inside. It deals no damage but will lower the foe's speed stat by 20% upon escape. Standard boost stipulations apply. Cement Shoes costs decent energy and can be used thrice per battle

Noah, the male Cubchoo; Noah is a lovable, yet eccentric, polar bear looked upon as wise despite his youth by many pokémon in my squad. They turn to him when they need advice or help, often exchanging words with him as he trains by creating snowballs and shooting them. He is ambitious and idealistic, wishing to turn an island he once found himself on into a safe haven for endangered pokémon before joining me. Noah often utters his catchphrase "oh deary me" when things go wrong, which being an Ice type, they often do. As a protector by nature, his training often revolves around defence and thus he's developed an efficient way of defending himself from multiple attackers.
Hidden Power: Grass.
Signature Move: "Frost Quake" (Ice); Using major energy, Noah smashes the ground, sending shockwaves of Ice energy through it. The waves transfer directly into any Pokémon who has contact with the ground, dealing major damage as shards of jagged ice erupt in beneath them. If this attack is used directly on the target, it deals major damage as if it were transferred through the ground, but will only affect that Pokémon. Frost Quake has a 30% chance of causing the foe to flinch and has a high chance of inflicting piercing injuries in realistic battles.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Bringing Heracronite attached to Dynastor the Heracross

Aeroblade the Honedge (lvl 1 male)
Hidden Power: Water
Sometime after capturing Aeroblade i traveled to the Sinnoh region. While there i ran into an Air battle master named McCann. McCann challenged me to a battle which i accepted. All of a sudden i remember i didnt have a flying type with me! Aeroblade being able to levitate i realised he was my only option for the battle. I sent Aeroblade out and McCann was shocked, he had never seen a honedge before and was quite interested in its levitating abilities. He decided to post pone the battle and instead othered to help me with some training first. McCann put Aeroblade through his paces, at first he struggled to attain the speed at which McCann expected but after a while he began to improve. Before long Aeroblade had mastered his levitation abilities and was ready to battle. Aeroblade battled with McCann's Scizor in a relentless battle, both pokemon giving it their all. The battle end in a draw due to exhaustion but i was still incredibly proud of Aeroblade's performance.
Special Training-Air Battle Master
Aeroblade is now familiar with the flying type. He now knows the move Airslash and can use a flying version of slash ordered flying!slash. When unsheathed Aeroblade moves very fast, with speed and agility similiar to a pidgeotto but he moves at the speed of a regular honedge when sheathed. He loses access to the moves gyroball, spite and destiny bond as these moves would slow him down to much. Aeroblade also expands mild energy each round to fuel his new speed, however this does not contribute to short term exhaustion.

Dynastor the Heracross, (level 1 Male) @ Heracronite
Dynastor has always been a great fighter, but he has also always been defeated by flying type moves. Even weaker flying type moves were able to open him up, eventually leading to his defeat. Dynastor was tired of being at the mercy of flying type moves and decided to search for a way to combat his weakness. He asked around and he heard rumors of a bug type pokemon that used rocks to remove their weakness to flying moves. So Dynastor set out in search of a Crustle in order to learn how it uses rocks to reduce its flying weakness. After months of searching, Dynastor finally found a colony of Crustle, deep within a canyon in the unova region. Dynastor met with the leader of the Crustle and asked if there was anyway he could also learn to reduce his weakness. The Crustle explained that they use a special saliva to manipulate the stone and stick it to their carapace. Dynastor lived among the Crustle for a time, eventually managing to master the construction of the saliva. Once he manage this he set to work coating his carapace in a thin layer of rock. He had done it, this was sure to at least reduce his weakness to flying moves!

Special Training: Stone Carapace
Dynastor's carapace is now covered in a thin layer of rock, cutting his x3 weakness to flying moves to a x2 weakness. The extra weight makes him slightly slower than a regular heracross and also removes his resistance to fighting, ground and grass moves since the rock is weak to these types. Although he also gains slightly more rock energy, now having enough for 3 uses of rock blast.

Tuff Busta the Scraggy, (level 1 Male)
Tuff Busta grew up on the streets of Castelia City, him and his gang ruled the streets, no one could mess with his gang. But then with the introduction of the fairy types, Tuff Busta's gang ran into some hard times. Their typing which once allowed them to dominate their competition was now a hindrance leaving them incredibly weak to fairy moves. One by one Tuff Busta's gang was taken down, the fairy type gang led by a Granbull was slowly taking over their territory. Tuff Busta had to do something, he decided to challenge Granbull to a fight. Tuff Busta was immediately on the back foot, his opponents fairy moves far to powerful. On his last legs Tuff Busta used some steel energy to fire a quick shot of steel energy straight at granbull. The attack struck him, wounding him greatly. After being hit by the attack granbull struggled to tap into his fairy energy giving Tuff Busta the opportunity to take victory!
Special Technique: Glock Shot!
Tuff Busta releases a quick shot of steel energy. This attack deals significant damage for heavy steel energy. This move will leave an opponent unable to use fairy moves for the next 2 rounds. This effect will only happen the first time a pokemon is hit by the move. Tuff Busta has enough steel energy for two uses of this move.

Dyson the Rotom-Fan (lvl 1)
I purchased a fan from JB Hi-Fi for $428.99, When i got it home it turned out that the fan had been possessed by a Rotom! He also seemed to have a lot more settings then the box stated.
Signature Technique: Climate Control
Dyson can set his air slash to a hot or cold setting, causing to move to become fire or ice typed respectively. The attack is order as hot/cold!Air slash. Hot!AirSlash has a 30% chance to leave moderate burns while Cold!AirSlash will leave the area severely chilled. However when the attack is changed Air Slash will loose its normal flinching ability. Dyson has enough fire and ice energy for three uses of each setting and he must remain the the Fan form.

Loptmodr the Gligar (lvl 1 male)
Hidden Power: Fire

Saurfang the Mudkip (lvl 1 male)
Hidden Power: Psychic

Loptmodr enter for you first battle! Releasing you on that large boulder right in front of me.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
Mercutio
Banned

Supūn. Tri Attack. Dazzling Gleam.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Alright loptmodr, lets set up a swords dance, keep your distance so we dont get blinded badly by that dazzling gleam! Then glide in and strike with a nightslash!

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-17-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Two trainers square off for a quick match. Releasing their pokemon with a flash we see the forms of an odd pink pokemon with a gargoyle-like appearence on the left side and a yellow fox-like pokemon on the right side. Loptmodr the gligar adopts a fighting pose while Supun the abra just plops down on the ground, seemingly indifferent about the battle.

Quote:
Abra (Psychic): Abra sleep most of their life. Therefore, they are more resistant (but not completely immune) to sleep-inducing attacks and have a 75% chance of successfully attacking with the move Sleep Talk. Abra can see in the dark. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy.

Gligar (Ground/Flying): Gligar are not true fliers. Instead, they glide. If needed to, however, they are able to fly for short distances, and their claws allow them to grab and climb relatively smooth surfaces. They are also able to use a form of echolocation, allowing them to see through illusions, reveal hidden Pokémon and have a better sense of their surroundings in low-visibility situations. Gligar can see in the dark and fight more enthusiastically at night. They remain immune to Electric moves when in flight, though are affected as normal in wet conditions.
Supun snaps his fingers and a trio of orbs of light flash into existence in front of him, growing while accumulating elemental energy. With another snap, the orbs race toward Loptmodr, spiraling around each other and then slamming into the gligar. He grimaces, not just from the damage caused by the attack but also from the searing burn that has been inflicted on his torso. Cursing his luck, Loptmodr channels his frustration into a primal dance, spinning in the air with agility only a flying type can possess. He retreats backwards with his spiraling motions, then stops abruptly, his eyes glowing with a strange intensity after being warmed up by his dance.

Despite that impressive display of vitality, Supun stares ahead with a blank gaze. Suddenly his eyes snap open, glowing brightly with fairy energy. Releasing the bright energy in a burst, the dazzling attack envelopes Loptmodr, though thanks to his distance he escapes without any serious accuracy loss. Rubbing his eyes to bring them back to focus, the gligar then cloaks his right claw with dark energy and darts ahead, his wing-flaps extended. He does a fly-by slash, raking his claw across the psychic-type's body and then lands right behind Supun. The abra clutches his stomach in pain, perhaps his first real display of emotion this match.

Supun develops a small health lead over his opponent, but has spent a lot more energy. Loptmodr has a burn on his torso. The Abra has enough fairy energy for another dazzling gleam while the Gligar has enough dark energy for another night slash. Both pokemon are good for two.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Jump and glide backwards as you give it a razor wind. Then trap it in a rock tomb. If it tries to use ice punch switch either for a protect.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #9
Mercutio
Banned

Knock them about with Psywave.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Leaving the abra to regain his composure, Loptmodr glides backwards, continually observing him for any sign of an ice move. While the gligar is preoccupied with his conditional, Supun focuses, creating four glowing, pink rings in front of him. Seeing that the psychic type isn't using the move he dreads, Loptmodr goes ahead with using his razor wind attack, spreading out his wing-flaps in preparation. In the meantime, Supun launches his rings of energy, sending them flying into the gligar. The psychic energy affects his mental state, making Loptmodr feel dizzy and as he launches his wind blades, the attack isn't quite on the mark, only hitting Supun for a partial.

Supun doesn't seem to have anymore to do and sits on the ground, stretching his legs out. Loptmodr sees this as an oppurtunity to trap the Abra, slamming his claw infused with rock-energy into the ground. A bunch of rocks emerge from the mineral-rich ground and close in on the stationary psychic type, surrounding him from all sides and sealing him in a stony prison. Loptmodr smirks from the success of the attack, but his expression turns to one of pain as he feels a sharp pain from his burn.

Supun widens his health lead and Loptmodr is almost into his second third of health now. He's also refreshed from the one mover, but trapped in a rock tomb. Loptmodr's round was a lot more energy intensive, but he can manage another two mover in the next round. He's got plenty of rock energy left for whatever he needs to do.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #11
Mercutio
Banned

Curse up. Give them a Natural Gift.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #12
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

earthquake to deal damage and crash the tomb on top of him, then hit it with a dark pulse

Old 11-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #13
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Stuck in a dark prison, Supun decides that the situation calls for the use of one of his forbidden techniques. He concentrates, sacrificing his litheness for power because 'to gain something you must lose something of equal value', equivalent exchange. As his scrawny limbs grow in size, the ground underneath him begins to shake and the fairly unstable rock tomb he was trapped in collapses on top of him.

Loptmodr gazes upon the ruined rock formation from afar, looking for any sign of movement. For a few seconds nothing stirs, but then Supun suddenly erupts from the rubble. A completely different Abra from the one that was trapped, he walks out of his rocky chrysalis with an air of invulnerability, brushing off some dust from his buff shoulder using his buff arm. He raises a buff leg and stomps the ground, sending a bundle of energy into it. As it traverses toward the gligar, the energy picks up power from the rocks in the arena, surfacing from the soil and striking Loptmodr as a rock-typed attack. The gligar heaves a grunt of pain and flashes a look of hatred at Supun as he channels dark energy into his mouth. Rearing up to full height, he shoots out multiple waves of dark energy at the psychic type, and Supun falls to one foot as the super-effective energy ravages his body.

Supun took a great deal of damage, crashing into his second third of health as Loptmodr seizes the health lead. The gligar has barely any dark energy left though, and also needs a breather. Supun is good for two.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #14
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Dig and hide underground stay their and wait the round out, your a ground type with big claws you should be a good enough digger. (sorry for the dog tactics lol)

If dig fails and he comes close, use struggle bug to push him away as you glide backwards.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #15
Mercutio
Banned

Yawn.

Use Psychic to telekinetically hold their limbs tight; prevent Dig from working. Another Tri Attack from range will do for second helpings.

I would use Magic Room but some wanker convinced Jeri to rewrite it.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #16
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Loptmodr chickens out and tries to escape from battle, digging into the ground and creating a relatively small pit before his arms lock up due to the psychic type's telekinetic abilities. Despite the gligar's fatigue, Supun's curse slows his reaction time and prevents him from stopping the digging sooner. Now as Loptmodr sits in his depression in the ground, Supun finds himself unable to get a clear shot, and his orders prevent him from getting closer for a better view of his opponent. He conjures up three orbs of elemental energy and fires them anyway, but only two of the orbs make impact. However, as one of the orbs strikes Loptmodr's right shoulder, bad luck strikes again as he feels it go numb with paralysis.

Both pokemon are pretty much tied both in terms of remaining health and energy, but Loptmodr has localized paralysis in his right shoulder and he will find it difficult to move his right arm. Both pokemon are good for two.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #17
Mercutio
Banned

Calm Mind. If they damage you, use Dazzling Gleam to retaliate.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #18
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Send a ranged x-scissor twice! Then baton pass to Tuff Busta!

3 confirmed

Old 11-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #19
Mercutio
Banned

Bollocks.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #20
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Seeking momentary respite from the intensity of battle, Supun closes his eyes and concentrates as an aura of calm envelopes his mental state. As he turns his attention to battle once more, his increased focus helps better his special attacking capabilities. Meanwhile, Loptmodr channels bug energy into his claws, then crosses his arms in front of him and slices the air to shoot out an X-shaped formation of bug energy towards Supun. Despite the attack being considerably weaker than usual due to the gligar's paralysis, the abra still feels a world of pain from the super effective move as it makes contact.

With his opponent having inflicted some damage on him, Supun fulfills his conditional orders by charging up fairy energy and firing it in a burst from his eyes. Loptmodr flinches in pain from the bright light, but having maintained his distance, he manages to quickly recover. With the damage having loosened up his shoulder, he performs a another X-scissor attack, this time more powerful than the last. Supun attempts to avoid the attack, but he's too tired to do so and stumbles back as the bug energy strikes. With his opponent weak and fatigued, Loptmodr returns to his pokeball, being replaced by a weird looking lizard with an odd sense of fashion.

Quote:
Scraggy (Dark/Fighting): The yellow portion around their lower body which resemble pants are actually a shed skin which is very thick and rubbery. This skin can be used as defense, reducing damage from attacks when pulled up over their torso. As Pokémon found around urban areas, they somewhat more resistant to Fairy attacks despite their typing.
As Tuff Busta takes to the field, the gligar's mental state from performing the 3-mover is transferred to him. He feels a bit out of breath despite not being physically fatigued.

Supun falls into his final third of health and Loptmodr nears the final third as well, though he's now resting in his pokeball. Supun's also tuckered out from performing three successive two movers and will need a break. Tuff Busta on the other hand can go for two, but he'll be a bit slower to act in the next round due to his mental feeling of tiredness. The abra has no more fairy energy while the gligar has exhausted his bug energy.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #21
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Give him a snarl cause your a bad ass. Then crunch him good!

Old 11-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #22
Mercutio
Banned

Hidden Power. Lock them with Thunder Wave, prevent them from approaching.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #23
T-Bolt
Cascade Badge

Tuff Busta puffs out his chest and lets out a loud, guttural snarl that materializes as a shockwave of dark energy, rippling toward the Abra. As it washes over him, Supun cringes as the dark energy bring him to his final reserves of health, but thanks to his calm-mind in the previous round, the attack has no effect on his mental state. In retaliation he charges up flying energy, sitting in a meditative posture as orbs of sky-blue energy revolve around him. His eyes snap open, glowing the same blue as the orbs and the energy shoots toward the Scraggy, battering him.

Pushed back by the attack, Tuff Busta trips on his pants and falls to the gound. He gets up, pulling his pant back up to his waist and glaring at the psychic type. Coating his teeth with dark energy, he hops toward Supun with the intention of dealing the final blow. The psychic type pants from his fatigue, but with the Scraggy having to cover a short distance to get to him, he manages to spark out a few tendrils of electricity in an attempt to bind his opponent. However, by the time he takes to muster the offtype energy for the attack, Tuff Busta has already reached his target. As he bites Supun, the psychic type goes limp as he drifts into unconciousness.

Supun is unable to battle! Mercutio, send out your final pokemon!

Tuff Busta took a bit of damage but is good for two.

Trainer level 2
D grade ref
Old 11-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #24
Mercutio
Banned

Cockstains.

Huǒ, Bubble Beam, Water Pulse wave.

I'm gonna lose this but it's gonna be super fun.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #25
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Hidden power and you strafe behind that large rock on your right. Stay behind the rock till the water (lava) pulse wave passes then send the rock at him with a rockslide!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL