UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #51
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

its anime, who knows what could happen and yes i clicked box 2 : )

You talkin to me?
Bluejolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #52
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Crossplay would be wild.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #53
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just saw Episode 04 ...

Spoiler: show
I was shaking my head so much at the end that when I consciously stopped myself during the credits and then returned to listening to the pleasant music my head resumed shaking left and right on its own.

Whaaaaaaat?

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

w.h.a.t.

Yuki ...
1. I can't BELIEVE you were right about this! >_<

2. I'm sorry.

3. Just where the hell did your friend get his/her info from!? I would never have called this development. Sure, you might call it based on what Yukiatsu'd collected, but until this episode the show was nowhere near going in this direction of wtf creepiness for his character. Or so I thought, anyway. I wonder if he/she heard it from an inside source, or through a grapevine which began with an inside source.

All I can say is: Tsuruko is damn understanding.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #54
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yuki ...
1. I can't BELIEVE you were right about this! >_<

2. I'm sorry.

3. Just where the hell did your friend get his/her info from!? I would never have called this development. Sure, you might call it based on what Yukiatsu'd collected, but until this episode the show was nowhere near going in this direction of wtf creepiness for his character. Or so I thought, anyway. I wonder if he/she heard it from an inside source, or through a grapevine which began with an inside source.
XD So it was really true? Bullseye, this show is going to be crazy awesome.

I just looked it up after my friend told me about it, and apparently the speculation has been all over since the last episode. That's how I found the image in my second spoiler, if you haven't looked at it yet. He's been telling me all these other wild fan theories he's been hearing too, such as...

Tsuruko might've been the ghost since she wears a similar watch (see image spoiler).

Yukiatsu killed Menma.

Yukiatsu is gay for Jinta.

Yukiatsu bought the scrunchie for Anaru and they've been seeing each other(?)

Poppo never really traveled.

...Etc, etc. He says people are even examining their different mugs in the ending. It's crazy, I'd like to know where he finds all this stuff as well. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
All I can say is: Tsuruko is damn understanding.
I definitely think I'm gonna be able to relate to Tsuruko. X3 We both have a morbid fascination/attraction with creepy angst and darkness. *virtually hi-fives her* Just this morning I was picturing her following Yukiatsu around with a secret notebook and psychoanalyzing his actions. ^^; It's not like I haven't thought of doing that to Itsuki if I could... Eh heh heh.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #55
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've got the file queued but haven't started it yet, I'm unsure if Corsola got the ML file or not overnight.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #56
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I've got the file queued but haven't started it yet, I'm unsure if Corsola got the ML file or not overnight.
About that... The torrent stalled at 99.9%. I read that the missing bit may be due to a "thumbnail" file Windows XP makes, so I took what I had downloaded and tried it. Didn't work. So I may just end up going to the library again and using the DDL. >>;
Old 05-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #57
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So you extracted everything to a single file?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #58
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
So you extracted everything to a single file?
I got a .rar file, and when I tried extracting it I got another .rar file. I extracted that, and just got a broken .img file. o.O;
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #59
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's actually the .iso. You have to highlight all the ML parts you downloaded from erogedownload, then select "extract here". They'll all reassemble automatically into a single file held I think it was my mistake that I zipped it up too many times, use that with the .rar that, when you open it, has the "Muv-Luv" file in it, rather than another .rar.

I don't think the torrent stalled exactly, that's happened from time to time over this seeding period, but if you're confident it's just a thumbnail then that's fine.

Anyway, getting the UTW release.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Really? I felt UTW's translation was the worst of the three. Why UTW then? I also quit going for Doki after Episode 02, just because (once again) I felt gg's was the better translation. In this day and age, it seems, we have to judge each release on a case-by-case basis rather than blindly trusting that such-and-such group is terrible or is awesome. The one exception so far I've found has been (sigh) Crunchyroll, who are consistently quite good no matter the show. Makes me think they offered some nice $$$ to former fansubber TLs of high quality.

Last edited by Talon87; 05-06-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #61
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

One nice thing about having to wait for episodes is that I can let y'all test the waters first, and at the end you can just tell me which sub group is the best overall before I download. XD (This series is already on my "must-have" list.)

@Dopple I'm juggling the Muv-Luv .rar files right now. I'll try again with the real file once I've got them sorted out.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #62
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, I don't think anyone else here can test the language waters besides me. Afaik neither Doppel nor bbb have ever studied Japanese. And even I'm not fluent. (Though watching AnoHana with the subs off the other day has made me wonder if it's time I rip the training wheels off the bike once and for all and make the switch to raws ...)

That's why I'm curious to find out why Doppel decided to go with UTW after the assessment I'd written up last time ranked them dead last. Yes, they did a good job with Unlimited Blade Works. Yes, they did a good joint with Mazui. But they flubbed quite a bit in AnoHana Episode 01, enough to make me not even bother to continue with them for Episode 02. I went ahead and got both Doki's and gg's for 02 and, once again, gg eked out Doki. And since I'm not in the business of getting the same show twice, I bid Doki farewell for this project and stuck with gg.

(digression continues below)
But I mean, I dropped gg for Madoka. (Went with yesy as per Doppel's recommendation and can say for myself they did the best of the four groups I ultimately investigated by series' end.) So it's not like gg is always great. Back with Code Geass, I remember preferring Shinsen Subs' subs (and lack of asinine /b/tard antics) but liking [I don't remember which group's] translation for the Chinese Federation better. I'd have to hear the original Japanese again + see what each group said. I just remember that back then I was begrudgingly accepting of gg. Maybe they were the ones who translated China's name to my liking. lol I don't recall.

And it's not like I wouldn't be willing to try UTW again. They definitely earned their place on my map, at least for now, with their UBW release.

Nor is it like I don't ever prefer Doki over gg. The problem with Doki is they're a big group and they don't have the same TL staff working on the same projects. This is especially true this season where they're doing NINE NEW SHOWS in addition to their backlog of older stuff. This is why you can see a range of quality. AnoHana was one of the last ones Doki picked up this season and they handed it off to a newb on the team so it's not terribly surprising that the translation, while still good, may not be quite as good as gg's. Especially if gg allocated their best/better translators to AnoHana. Something they apparently did not do for Madoka ... >_>

If you're going to get the Muv-Luv game data, you may as well get AnoHana while you're at it. I mean, you could wait until August, but the program is supposed to be over by June. It'd be a long wait.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #63
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Hrm... I think the problem may not just be with part 4. I get a bunch of broken file messages/cannot open archive (parts 1 and 3). Maybe they're corrupt.

If I don't move into an apartment by June (we're still working out a bunch of issues) I may try to download the finished series at the library. Or I guess I could make weekly trips for each episode. You're right I probably won't be able to hold out until August/September. I want to know what exactly happened in episode 04 already. T.T
Old 05-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #64
Talon87
時の彼方へ

When I convinced my family to finally make the switch at home from AOL dial-up to a local cable company's broadband Internet service (it was originally TimeWarner's RoadRunner; they've since switched to BrightHouse), the cost of dial-up was anywhere from $5 to $5 more per month than the cost of cable internet. That was one of many factors which allowed me to convince them they needed to switch. Unless your family does one of those NetZero plans where they pay like $14/mo for really crappy dial-up, I would think you should be able to do the very same with your family.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #65
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

The reason why I didn't want to pester my mom to upgrade is because now that I'm spending most of the year at college, she's the only one at home. And she rarely uses the internet - if she does it's usually only to check email.

Although I think I may have threatened her enough by confessing the reason I'm willing to spend three months of summer away is high-speed internet. ^^; Maybe it is time to seriously consider upgrading.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #66
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I went for UTW's release because it was the first one I happened to see, actually. I'm still shopping around on a subber for this series because of the alleged commercials gg put into a previous release, though I haven't encountered them myself. I used gg for episode three at least, I don't remember who I watched for one and two, but two was definitely not gg.

On CR: I think it's the same QCer who normalizes most of the CR subs. This individual may speak Japanese him/herself, and so can act as a double check for the raw work of the translator. There's definitely multiple translators working on their scripts, since several of them browse AnimeSuki (but none are prominent still active translators).
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #67
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just watched the Ano Hana episode. For the Yukiatsu revelation at the end, I was spoilered about it by a doujin right before watching it, so sadly there was no surprises there. I sorta kept the possibility in my head after Corsola mentioned it anyway.

Speaking of Yukiatsu....I could have sworn he wore glasses. Good god I need to pay more attention to stuff.

Anyway, I think it's time for me to reveal every secret in the series! Get ready for your mind to be blown by my amazing sleuthing abilities.

Everything that is currently happening is a large scale practical joke on Jinta, and everyone is in on it. Menma isn't dead, but everyone told him she was dead and acted like she was for all those years. What Jinta is seeing is a fully alive Menma. Everyone's pretending she's not there in order to make him think he's gone insane. His mom's not dead either.

Finally when Jinta thinks he brought everyone together in order to help ghost Menma, they'll all go "April Fool's!"

Oh, also. Menma's wish is for Jinta to be a shut-in so she can have Jinta all for herself.

I amaze even myself sometimes.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #68
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You wrote that just so that, in the 1-in-1,000,000,000 chance you turn out to be right, you can have epic bragging rights, didn't you?

Also, your idea sounds like what would happen if they suddenly turned the script over to Urobuchi Gen. Sounds like Madoka meets AnoHana, hahaha. "Turn everything on its head and make it dark and twisted!"
Old 05-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #69
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This episode goes right back up to amazing quality, just like #2 was. Ho ho ho, Yukiatsu, what have you done?

If we're sharing embarassing secrets, I...

Sleep best with a light on.

It's not like...I'm afraid of the dark or anything...baka.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #70
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

all i can say is......yugiatsu wtf? some ppl think jintas playing a sick joke? look at him......hes an embarassment in that dress XD

You talkin to me?
Bluejolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Watched Episode 05. Pretty good. Didn't like the final scene -- Jinta is being too vague with Poppo for no good reason, withholding information from him like "Menma's right here" or "Menma says ..." or "Menma's crying so that's why I'm asking you to cut it out." He's REALLY not helping Poppo to believe his claims that Menma's back -- and ...
I'm so appalled by non-hentai rape that I had a hard time with the Anaru scene midway through the episode, too.

But other than that, this is a good episode. Substance-wise, it gave us more than probably any episode since Episode 01 has. It wasn't quite as fun as Episode 02 nor as exciting as Episode 04, but it was good all the same. Really liked that we got to see the flashback conversation between Yukiatsu and Menma when she called after Jinta. Confirmed so many things for us. Although I suppose that depending on how one wishes to interpret Menma's reaction to Yukiatsu's words that one could say it raised more questions than it answered. I wouldn't look at it that way though.

LOL @ Yukiatsu's conversation with Anaru on the train. Loved it.

I think this episode dealt with this issue pretty bluntly and truthfully.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #72
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

*screams*

OH MAN, I DIDN'T NEED THAT.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #73
Talon87
時の彼方へ

What? The episode or the CNN news article? I'll agree the latter is pull-out-your-hair scream-worthy, but if it's the episode that made you scream then I'm confused.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #74
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Compare the image with my avatar, and you might get the initial discomfort. But the rest came from reading your spoiler halfway through that scene and jumping to conclusions.

The CNN article is rather pathetic, actually. I know the cop was kind of careless, but all those protestors just typified the worst byproduct of the feminist movement.

I also agree with you on Poppo, I don't get why Jinta's so darn exhaustive to watch. He needs to freakin grow a spine already and not be slovenly & indecisive.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-13-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #75
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Compare the image with my avatar, and you might get the initial discomfort.
1. Shrink the image please. That's excessively large. If you don't want to shrink it, then please post it as a link instead of as an embedded image.

2. PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH RIDDLES. What do you mean, "compare the image with my avatar"? I have done so. Ten times before writing up this reply. And I DO NOT SEE the connection you think I should see. What the heck does your Muv-Luv avatar have to do with two teens awkwardly sitting next to one another in a karaoke booth?

3. Why are you reading spoilers before/during the episode?

4. I think I've figured out now what you were screaming about -- the scene I find discomforting too -- but I still don't see what that has anything to do with your Muv-Luv avatar. Does something similar happen in Muv-Luv? (Way to spoil your favorite game for me if that's the case. ) If not, then why are you comparing the two? Why would you compare your avatar to this scene, my head hurts and you are so vague I--

5. Were you trolling me just now? ¬_¬ WERE YOU PULLING A JINTA ON ME?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime