UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 07-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Maybe it was too easy ...

http://children.webmd.com/news/20070719 ... ven-recall

Easy-Bake Ovens were recalled across the nation Thursday after Hasbro admitted to over 249 cases of children getting their fingers trapped in the oven and suffering burns, over 10 of which were 2nd or 3rd-degree in nature and one of which resulted in the partial amputation of a 5-year old girl's finger.

According to initial reports, Hasbro has no plans for a repair; instead, they are advising consumers to cease using the product and to claim a voucher for Hasbro merchandise.

I can't say I am surprised that the toy is being recalled, although I am surprised how long it took *and* that Hasbro is deciding it is not worth the effort to try to defend the toy. Usually a dangerous toy kept this long on the market would elicit some sort of defense from the company, but Hasbro appears to be only too eager to abandon the Easy-Bake oven. Makes me wonder if they're phasing the toy out completely or if this story only holds for all ovens manufactured between February 2007 and Thursday.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

Re: Maybe it was too easy ...

I think that they should just raise the recommended age on those things to: after your kid learns to not put their fingers in hot things. But yes, that is a toy which should be played with under parental supervision. Although most parents are very adverse to supervising these days.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc