UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 09-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #426
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Flying and Pokémon GO is a great combination. Airports are awesome to play at. Yesterday I flew from Amsterdam via Hong Kong and Manila to my fiancée and caught over 10 new different Pokémon, stocked up on a whole bunch of Pokéballs and Lucky Egg helped me from a third into level 20 up to a third into level 21. Seeing 900+ CP Pokémon in the wild now instead of through evolution is also nice.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #427
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Today was interesting because I caught three Squirtle. I've been trying to find starters for a long time and they never seem to appear, and now all of a sudden three of them came out when I wasn't expecting it.

I also noticed I had reached 200 Pidgey candies, so I readied my Happy Egg and got to work! The good Professor must have a warehouse full of Pidgeotto by now.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #428
GrJackass
Night Man

Hey morg whats your pokedex # at? Come visit nyc i got a bead on all the good parks around here

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #429
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Hatched a pair of 2k Eggs today... Pidgey and Spearow. -__- At least they both have great IVs, so there's that. For now, just waiting on this update that's supposed to be coming out, introducing that new Buddy Pokémon system. I'm literally one Tentacool Candy away from a Tentacruel, so I think I know what I'm walking first.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 AM   #430
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I've just put my Magikarp in there because I don't plan on bothering with the system overly much, and Magikarp is a long-term thing.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #431
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, today was pretty eventful! First, caught an Oddish, which finally gave me just enough Oddish Candy to evolve my Gloom into Vileplume. Second, walked 3km with my Tentacool, giving me my 50th Tentacool Candy, allowing me to evolve it into a Tentacruel. Third, after I got home, caught a freaking Kabuto! That's +3 for my Pokédex right there! No complaints whatsoever! Well, OK, I kinda wish my 10km Egg hadn't hatched into an Eevee, but that's not a major complaint.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #432
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today wasn't quite as eventful as yesterday. Now that I'm over 200 Magikarp Candy, I decided to start walking my Koffing- Weezing is, after all, a fairly major priority for me. Also caught an Abra today- my first one ever! And I'm getting much closer to leveling up! Really, really need to restock on Poké Balls and whatnot, though. Also, did they reduce the chances of getting Revives from Poké Stops once they made it so Pokémon that get kicked out of Gyms or lose in training actually faint instead of hanging on with 1 HP? Because now that I actually need a lot of Revives... I can't get a lot of Revives.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #433
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, just caught a Drowzee. Got the normal 100 XP for catching something, 10 XP for the Nice Throw, 10 XP for the Curveball... I also got an additional 100 XP that simply says "Bonus". No idea what that's about. Not complaining, though- XP is XP as far as I'm concerned, and at level 23, every little bit helps.

Oh, yeah, I should probably mention- I hit level 23 the other day. Getting ever closer to a Gyarados- I'm up to 261 Magikarp Candy. Though I put the Magikarp walking on hold- I'm walking my Cubone for the last two Cubone Candy I need to score a Marowak. But, man! I mean, the Buddy Pokémon deal might seem like a slow and inefficient way of getting Candy, but once again, every little bit helps. Getting an extra Magikarp Candy for every kilometer I walk? Not about to say no to that!
Old 09-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #434
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Hatched a decent Hitmonchan today! And I am not only one Cubone Candy away from a Marowak, but I'm also 3/10ths of a kilometer away from that one Cubone Candy. So yeah, looking like a good day for my Pokédex.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #435
Escalion

Hatched an almost 1.000 CP Porygon today! And quite a good one too.
Also put my Gloom as buddy. I still want to save my Dust as much as possible, so I'll use the buddy system to get some extra candy towards evolutions. I have a few 90%+ perfect Pokémon that are already high CP and need candy to evolve them. So Gloom first now, Weepinbell next, and Gastly after that as it stands now.

@MM: I noticed Revives are less common than before too yes. Only got a hand full this whole week, while before I'd easily get 10+ a week with the same routine.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #436
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
@MM: I noticed Revives are less common than before too yes. Only got a hand full this whole week, while before I'd easily get 10+ a week with the same routine.
So it's not just me, then. Of course they make Revives less common as soon as they also make them more relevant.

Managed to finally catch a Charmander today! Not only that, hatched a Mankey from a 5k Egg which gave me just enough Mankey Candy to evolve one of my Mankey into Primeape. That's two more for the Pokédex- I'm almost at 100 now! I'm at 99! I now also have a total of 314 Magikarp Candy- I'm getting there!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #437
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrJackass View Post
Hey morg whats your pokedex # at? Come visit nyc i got a bead on all the good parks around here
I'm only at 88 due to being a slacker. However, I do like the idea of visiting cities to catch pokemon.

You, MM, Deo, Kuno, and all you crazy people are welcome to come visit Boston and catch some pokemon with me!

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #438
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And with my Nidorina's evolution into Nidoqueen, my Pokédex count has officially reached the triple digits! And I'm really coming close to a Gyarados as well- I got 347 Magikarp Candy, and I'm within easy walking distance of a Magikarp nest. Not to mention I get an additional Magikarp Candy with every kilometer I walk. I keep having days like today, I should have a Gyarados within a week!
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #439
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

389 Magikarp Candy! Just eleven more to go!!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:37 PM   #440
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I stopped playing because my phone is shitty and I wasn't strong enough to challenge any of the gyms so I was basically taking a bunch of time I didn't have to do a lot of pointless walking to find nothing.

Have they improved any of that stuff?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #441
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I. HAVE. A GYARADOS!
Old 09-30-2016, 01:41 AM   #442
Escalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I. HAVE. A GYARADOS!
Congratz ^_^
I'm 1 decent CP/IV Magikarp and about 350 candies away from getting one myself...

And I have a serious lack of Bellsprout and Oddish in my neighborhood, and I need those to evolve my Weepinbell and Gloom :/
Old 09-30-2016, 01:49 AM   #443
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I get Bellsprout and Oddish on occasion. More Oddish than Bellsprout, though, which is mildly annoying, considering Victreebel's the one I want more. What I never seem to find, though, is Fighting-types. I've caught, like, one Machop near my house one time, but all my other Fighting-types were hatched. I mean, I can't complain too much- this includes a Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, as well as enough Mankey to evolve one of them into a Primeape.

I also almost never find Bulbasaur or Charmander. Squirtle, on the other hand, I get quite a few of those. I actually finally evolved my Wartortle into Blastoise earlier, whereas my Bulbasaur and Charmander... well, I'm still waiting to be able to evolve them. I'd set one of them as a buddy Pokémon, but right now, I've got an even higher priority there- Koffing. I'm, like, six Koffing Candy away from a Weezing.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:14 AM   #444
Escalion

I have the same with the fighting types. Saw a Hitmonlee once on the radar, and a Mankey once too, but couldn't find them. And the Hitmonchan I have is hatched.

For the starters, I have never even seen a Charmander. Squirtle very rarely, but did catch a few of those. Bulbasaur though, I live close to a huge gardening centre, including some fields where they grow a lot of their plants. And there happens to be a Bulbasaur nest at those fields, I think. Caught a whole bunch of them at the same spot for multiple days. Already have enough candy to evolve one into Ivysaur, and be halfway towards a Venusaur.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 AM   #445
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Starters

Aside from my starter, I've found all of one Bulbasaur, which was earlier this week. Thing broke out of most of my remaining balls and then fled. Never seen a Charmander. Caught two Squirtle and found one Wartortle which fled.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #446
deoxys
Fog Badge

What's everyone's highest CP Pokemon? I have like a perfect IV ~2100 Arcanine with good moves, and an Exeggutor and Gyarados not far behind
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #447
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Here's how my top 12 in terms of CP look;

1991 Lapras (nearly perfect IVs- 14 Attack, 15 everything else)
1623 Blastoise
1552 Vaporeon
1529 Flareon
1507 Gyarados (but it has Twister... D:)
1452 Slowbro
1451 Hypno
1340 Starmie (perfect IVs!)
1320 Venomoth
1280 Rhydon
1220 Pidgeot
1206 Magmar
Old 09-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #448
Escalion

My best is a Vaporeon with 1329 CP.
Next best is a 1091 CP Golbat...

Not very good. However if I can get my Weepinbell and Gloom to evolve they should easily be my highest CP Pokémon, both are near perfect (15 15 14) too and as it are close to 1000 CP in their current form.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #449
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, my Lapras just got booted out of the local Gym. But I'm gonna take the opportunity here- I got plenty of Lapras Candy, I just need a little more Stardust to level it up, which should get my my first Pokémon with over 2000 CP.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #450
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Why were IVs introduced? They make coding difficult and make it so that some pokemon will "just win" over others of the same power level.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON