UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #201
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Daisy, that is far too awesome.

Oh, Elsie.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #202
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

>"Holy crap, he's hot!"

Fact, ladies and gentlemen: Elsie's hotness induces Daisy to swear. =O

*ahem* Cute cockatiel~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #203
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

That cockatiel is stunning.

Awesome comic as always, Daisy!

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #204
phoopes
Double Dragon

That was quite hilarious. Great job on the comic, Daisy!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #205
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Fantastic comic Daisy!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #206
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

*sidles in*

Okay, I just started the Composerlocke for realz. Team status:

Mozart the level 14 Turtwig!
2HP, 1ATK, 1DEF
Beethoven the level 8 Kricketot!
1SPD
Clara Schumann (henceforth known as C.Schumann) the level 12 Budew!
Vivaldi the level 9 Starly!
Liszt the level 10 Bidoof!
1HP, 1DEF, 1SPD

I track EV's, like Daisy does, so each point for a stat is a group of 4. I'm not counting incomplete groups.

We defeated Roark, and I will catch my next 'mon, Shinx, at the northern end of Rt.204 because icba to wait till Fuego Ironworks and they're neatly divided by that cave thing anyway. Right now I have him down as Bach, so if anyone wants to suggest a good composer name for him that'll be fine.

I am going by the first-capture-per-route rule, but I am applying the duplicate rule for things not on my list (and, naturally, things I already have ;)). It is a tough restriction looking at it now, and I really had to plan stuff out to make sure that I didn't make things impossible for myself (route progression is difficult! Make sure to use Repel!), but it's possible, thank God.

Also I changed Abomasnow because I realized that he'd make a perfect Brahms. A-Brahms-asnow? Priceless!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #207
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

FINALLY

Mendelssohn the Shinx has joined the team! I searched for about an hour with absolutely no luck in finding Shinxes.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #208
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

The miasma of inactivity has been breached. The NUZLOCKE thread will survive.

Defeated Gardenia today. Murkrow is like the best Pokemon to have in Diamond EVER and Wing Attack is overpowered when you're only level 15. That said, Gardenia's Roserade is downright terrifying if you're trying to keep everything alive D: It's like level 22, and none of my Pokemon had even reached level 18 yet.

Renamed everything to keep them all in the same time period this time. I'm having trouble finding names for Murkrow and Kricketune, so if you've got an idea don't be shy about sharing it.

Remember, Bach and Handel and Mozart don't count; they're too early. Only composers after Beethoven are viable.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #209
phoopes
Double Dragon

For anything that you don't like, name it something after Bela Bartok. Because he's awful, imo.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #210
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
For anything that you don't like, name it something after Bela Bartok. Because he's awful, imo.
Obligatory.

As for the naming scheme, here you go. Berlioz, Chopin, Dvorak, and Schubert are just some of the names that jump out at me and which meet your "Beethoven or later" policy.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #211
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Oh my God look there's ANOTHER Bach!

That list is hard to read because Wikipedia is terrible at "famous" names and at mathematics, but it has a few I recognize. We have Czerny, von Brucken Fock Chopin, Rimsky-Korsakov, etc.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #212
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I picked out the ones that were screaming at me (like Milotic = Chopin, Brahms/Schumanns love triangle, Vespiquen as Rimsky-Korsakov) and assigned the rest rather arbitrarily. If you see any misplaced names, feel free to adjust accordingly.

Spoiler: show
Torterra: Beethoven
Staraptor: Vivaldi
Bibarel: Liszt
Kricketune: Paderewski
Luxray: Mendelssohn
Gyarados: Debussy
Roserade: Schumann
Rampardos: Czerny
Golduck: Schumann
Vespiquen: Korsakov (stupid letter limit)
Blissey: Tchaikovsky
Honchkrow: Stravinsky
Skuntank: Dvorak
Garchomp: Rachmaninoff
Lucario: Schubert
Toxicroak: Sibelius
Carnivine: Berlioz
Octillery: Saint-Saens
Mantine: Strauss
Tentacruel: Bach
Milotic: Chopin
Weavile: Brahms
Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #213
Charminions
Your reality is mine

So yeah, I decided to continue with my HeartGold Nuzlocke on the side while I play White 2. I don't know why I did that, because I left off at a horrible place. I'm at Blackthorn City, preparing to face Claire, but there's next to no good grinding spots to help you prepare for her. I know she's going to be a pain in the ass to beat, so I fought every trainer I possibly could south of the city and all the trainers in the Gym. I ended up still underleveled for her and the wild Pokemon everywhere give terrible exp so I'm kinda screwed. Anyways, here's my team:

Millie (F) the Milktank
Level 38
Body Slam/Zen Headbutt/Attract/Milk Drink

Blaze (M) the Golem
Level 34
Earthquake/Rock Throw/Strength/Rock Polish

Frodo (M) the Gloom
Level 34
Mega Drain/Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb/Cut

Batman (M) the Crobat
Level 38
Fly/Bite/Air Cutter/Confuse Ray

Aquaman (M) the Quagsire
Level 33
Surf/Slam/Mud Shot/Amnesia

Harold (M) the Girafarig
Level 38
Psybeam/Stomp/Agility/Psychic
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #214
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Grind by defeating Tentacool's and Tentacruel's, trust me.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #215
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Grind by defeating Tentacool's and Tentacruel's, trust me.
They do give nice EXP. My Smoochum loved beating Tentacruels. Despite Acid 2HKOs and Confusion 3HKO's :>
Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #216
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

So, in an attempt to revive this thread (because playing a Nuzlocke and having no-one to talk about it with is a little boring), let me lay out my current play-through and discuss my plans with you all.

Currently, I'm playing through Pokemon Blue, way back in the first generation. Mostly because I didn't feel like dealing with any of the things that Fire Red and Leaf Green had in them. And, overall, things are going fairly well. I'm getting a decent number of good catches (some bad catches and some repeats/KO's that make me sad). I'm probably around the half way point now as well.

I've currently gained 4 of the 8 badges, with Brock being the most troublesome (Starmie went down without a fight for Misty). I'm currently leveling the more important members of my group, since there's more than 6, whilst I think about who I'd like to see make it all the way to the Elite 4. Oh, and I've been naming almost all my Pokemon after UPNers as well. Currently, that's 16 people who are either in my PC or Party, both past and present.
Of course, there were a couple of early casualties; Daisy the Pidgey, who never got the chance to evolve, and Shadow the Beedrill, who started to prove himself after Daisy's departure.

And, in theory, this game is going to lead on to my future challenge. A generationlocke. What I'm planning is simple, in theory. I'm going to play through the region for each generation (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and finally Unova) in order of release, with a different style of Nuzlocke for each one. But, it won't be a case of losing in say, Hoenn, meaning I have to start over in that region. No, I'd have to start all the way back in Gen I.
Of course, I'm going into it with realistic expectations. I doubt I'll be able to make it all the way to Gen V and claim ultimate victory, but I'd sure like to see how far I get with it all. Also, I've no idea what the Gen V Nuzlocke style would be, so I'd need to get that sorted. But I suspect that Gen III will be the toughest (partially because it's my favourite region).

Of course, if anyone wants to know what they are currently or reserve themselves a place for any future captures, let me know. But I think I'll have a different naming theme for each generation... Assuming I can think up a different one for each generation.

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #217
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Am I ... am I dead yet? ;_;

Yougi: You weren't even utilized. XP
Talon: Uguu~ ;_;

Questions:

1. Are you Nuzlocking artistically or just for the challenge? It can be both, but I'm just wondering if you're imagining a made-up story or if you're rolling with the in-game story and just playing the game on Super Hard Mode and that's it.

2. Who was your starter? Are they you or is the human you? Who is the other one named after (if not additionally named after you)?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #218
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

No! Not the Uguu... *whimpers as he succumbs to the power it holds*

As for the questions. It's mostly because I've got a lot of time on my hands, I got the urge to play on Blue version (having owned or played Red and Yellow) and I wanted some sort of challenge. Originally, I was going to simply play Blue through as a Nuzlocke. But, after looking on YouTube, I found a video for a different style of Nuzlocke, the Wedlocke, and I wanted to try that out. So I decided that after I beat Blue, if I beat it, I'd give that a try. That lead to me thinking, 'Well if I'm going to do two Nuzlockes, why not try one for each region. I haven't played through any of the previous ones in such a long time.' And I've generally been building it up from there.

My starter, I RNG'd it because I wanted it to be a random chance like every other encounter. And I ended up with a Charmander, which was the one I least wanted (because facing Brock with Normals, Bugs and Flying types was going to be hard enough). The character is named Yougi, whilst the Charmander, I used the first name off the top of my head that was fire related (although in hindsight, I should have gone with ABL) and it's named Blaze.

Also, you do have a Pokemon named after you as well.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #219
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Am I a sexy Electric type? Because I should be a sexy Electric type.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #220
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

I only have two electric types, and you are neither. However, I've yet to visit the Power Plant, so you could become a sexy Electric type. That is, of course, after I beat Koga. Which will happen sometime after I stomp through Silph Co.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #221
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

This is an obligatory do-I-exist.

Out of curiosity, you planning on writing a story of what happens?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #222
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Yes you do, Mr. Fearow.

I wasn't planning on writing any kind of story. I considered picture updates for certain parts, but I haven't gotten round to that. I'm simply enjoying the challenge for the minute.
Although, I did just lose my second source of income and another Pokemon... Talon, I'm sorry, although I'm more upset about losing the extra money it was horrible DittoHax.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #223
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yougirasu View Post
Yes you do, Mr. Fearow.

I wasn't planning on writing any kind of story. I considered picture updates for certain parts, but I haven't gotten round to that. I'm simply enjoying the challenge for the minute.
Although, I did just lose my second source of income and another Pokemon... Talon, I'm sorry, although I'm more upset about losing the extra money it was horrible DittoHax.
RIP Talon, I assume he was Meowth/Persian?

Also, if you happen to get a hold of another 'mon soon, I'd love to replace Talon destroy everything. Rawr.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #224
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Do I exist in this Nuzelocke?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #225
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Updates! Get your Updates here!

Welp, I've finally had some time and I spent it going on a Gym spree. Koga was first up, to unlock plenty of extra areas and opportunities for Pokemon... Okay, not that may after all, but it got me to the Power Plant. My Starmie was too much for Koga to handle, all of his Pokemon fainting in one shot. \o/

After that, I rushed into Saffron to face Sabrina. I had to clear up a few remaining Gym trainers for some extra Exp, then there was the battle itself. It didn't go quite as well as Koga JolteonJak fired volley after volley of Pin Missile, taking out Kadabra and Mr. Mime with ease. Venomoth then reared its head in retaliation, so we switched to Thunderbolt and after a Hyper Potion and a Psybeam it was defeated. Then came Alakazam, who was tougher than the previous Psychic types, requiring two Pin Missile attacks to render him unable to battle.

After this, I surfed over to the Power Plant with my Gastly and a handful of repels, to remove the Magnemite's and Voltorbs which I didn't want. This left me with the chance to find Pikachu, Magneton and Raichu. Amras.MG the Raichu joined the party, despite my vocal protests over a Raichu that can't learn Thunderbolt (I taught it to Jolteon much earlier).
Making the most of the repels, Jolteon pushed away any pokemon as Starmie or Lapras surfed me over to the Seafoam Islands. Inside, I worked through, pushing boulders and hoping to find a Seel. Once we hit the second floor, the repel wore off and a wild Psyduck appeared. My hopes were dashed again and Yuki.N the Psyduck went to the PC.
We finally reached Cinnabar Island and, having a locked gym barring the way, my team and I charged into the Pokemon Mansion to find another teammate (I was hoping for Vulpix and... You can tell how this is going to go). The first find, on the ground floor, was a Grimer. And, having one other person in this thread asking if they exist, Firewater the Grimer went to the PC.

Next came Blaine. I aced each question on the Quiz, then challenged the trainer anyway as Exp is always welcome. There wasn't any trouble, aside from running short of PP for Lapras when it came to Surf. When we faced Blaine, both Lapras and Starmie were level 41 and not too far from 42, so Lapras went first. He gained a level from the first match up and then found himself switched out for Starmie, who rocked the rest of Blaine's team. Even the level 47 Arcanine didn't stand a chance.

Now, ahead of me stands the Viridian Gym. Where we're going to go face the final gym leader and hopefully give Charizard, Starmie and Lapras an extra level each before we think about challenging Gary and moving up to the Elite Four.

Current team members identities have been concealed for their safety and mine. :p
Although, I am wondering if I should go purchase anyone for the final run... Porygon or Dratini are tempting.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON