UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #1126
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark – No longer bound, Daphne’s feet are free to fly, dancing in circles around the beast. Her speed forms delusions around the fringe, confusing the enemy in the center. It roars and charges at random, succeeding in striking… Vacant air. The two remaining replicas reveal their tongues, while the real Daphne cracks her knuckles and drives her fist into Bastiodon’s bare belly, provoking a loud bellow of pain. The SOUND surges in pitch until it becomes a shriek, similar to the scraping of METAL. Unable to concentrate, Daphne falls to her knees, defenseless. Even you are forced to drop your weapon as you guard your ears against the revolting reverb.

Your opponent seizes the moment to call upon the POWER of the ANCIENTs, as rocks rain down from the ceiling, presumably sourced from whatever summoned the prehistoric behemoth in the first place. You quickly duck for cover under the now slightly skewed support, which stretches out just far enough to protect your dome. Daphne, however, is not so fortunate, as the stones strike all three primary targets, breaking the illusionary spell to reduce to one.

Despite the beating she received, Daphne manages to rise slowly, eyes flashing with rage. Dark magic swells in her palms as she unleashes her own spiritual might, gathering the relic energy of all the fallen heroes to aid in the fight. The room is rife with regret and thirst for revenge, as shadows wail upon the adversary. Skeletal moans almost rival the banshee cry from earlier as they cling to its legs, trying to drag it down to hell with them.

However, your cheers soon turn to horror as you realize the CURSE seems to be having an unintended opposite effect: Feeding off negative emotions merely reinforces the creature’s resolve instead. It plants itself firmly, crushing skull and bone underfoot as it raises its ramparts and strengthens its forces. The impregnable fortress glares at you, wincing as the spy already within its ranks reports back to the sender through the lifeline, but otherwise ready for whatever you deliver at it.

What will you do now?
This Bastiodon may have been hoping to flatten the intruders in its territory by ramming them into a pillar with its Iron Head, but Hyrem and Daphne were ready for a move so easily telegraphed and decided to play some mind games with the beast. Thanks to Daphne's speed, she was able to quickly create three other Nuzleaf clones (no, readers, not Shadow Clones!) to Double Team their opponent and hopefully cause it to waste some energy attacking fakes. Bastiodon lowers its head and quickly charges right at the four Nuzleaf, hitting one of them and causing her to tumble to the ground... then disappear in a puff of smoke. (Grrrrr, all right, so maybe they RESEMBLE Shadow Clones, but that doesn't mean they actually ARE Shadow Clones.) The other two Nuzleaf stick out their tongues, trying to goad Bastiodon into trying again- wait, weren't there supposed to be three Nuzleaf remaining?

Suddenly, coming from Bastiodon's side and punching the Rock-type in the gut was the third Nuzleaf, the real Daphne! No drop in Defense for Bastiodon, but still, the damage was... Smashing! As the Bastiodon roared in pain, it responded with another roar, this time making a Metal Sound that reverberated across the room causing Daphne and Hyrem to drop to their knees, lowering the Nuzleaf's Special Defense significantly and keeping Hyrem from helping her respond to the Shield Pokemon's next attack: the Power from its prehistoric time soon caused rocks to fall from the ceiling, giving Hyrem the unfortunate realization that the whole "rocks fall, everyone dies" scenario could be claiming its latest victims... fortunately, he is able to find cover behind the nearest pillar, but Daphne wasn't able to hid behind her clones this time as the Ancient stones strike her and the two copies, nullifying the Double Team attack.

Now exposed, Daphne needed to be more careful when attacking Bastiodon, so she charged up a Shadow Ball in her hands before lobbing it at Bastiodon, causing an explosion in Ghost energy amplified by the angst of the fallen surrounding the battlefield. However, as the Bastiodon Curses at the pain inflicted on it, it was able to take the energy around it and bolster its Attack and Defense, though at the cost of lower mobility. This didn't stop the Leech Seed planted on it earlier from draining more life force from it and healing Daphne once again, but it looked like a bigger tank than before.

Well, we're making progress, Hyrem thought. But now what? I doubt Double Team will work again since Bastiodon could just use an area-of-effect attack to destroy all the fakes, it's too smart for that now. If we get lucky with a Shadow Ball, it could make Bastiodon more vulnerable to special attacks, but we can't rely on that... As he thought up strategies, Daphne tried focusing herself in an attempt to listen to the wind around her. She had been going through quite a bit of training recently, and she finally learned how to use Razor Wind, an important step in determining whether or not she was ready to evolve, according to Hyrem. Razor Wind required some time to focus before she could unleash the attack, leaving her extremely vulnerable during that time; if she could pull it off, it had the chance of devastating her opponent, maybe even this Bastiodon, but it may require some other preparations... was Hyrem trying to think of them? "Okay, Daphne, let's get things ready... I think we may want to use that move, but not yet."
"Leaf!?" Daphne's eyes lit up, was she getting her chance? Well, she was certainly psyched even more for this battle, so she fought through the pain dealt to her before and was ready to see what her trainer had in mind.
"Right, let's do this! Daphne, run around and set up some Grass Knots around the room! If Bastiodon tries to attack you, counter it with Foul Play, then launch a Dark Pulse attack at it! Hopefully by then, everything will be set up!" Daphne nodded before she ran around the Bastiodon in a counter-clockwise direction. The key to beating Bastiodon, Hyrem thought, is using its bulk against it. Hopefully the traps work, and we can attack it at a weak spot somewhere. Come on, Daphne, you can do this! he gave his Nuzleaf some silent encouragement. Bastiodon may have wised up to Daphne's Double Team, but there was still plenty of ways left to exploit the dim wit of this beast...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 04-02-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #1127
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – After suppressing the box from sight – for safety and sound inside the tree – you scoop up friends and flee, towards light and warmth, as fast as your legs will carry. Hoping the adrenaline will help heat along the way. Your companions cling close, while Deerling canters behind, leaping lightly between the imprints you blaze. The bank is so thick you trip and stumble at one point, snowballing spectacularly down the rest of the hill on your bum. Your shadow slides after with more care, quickly coming up to check if you’re okay by licking your face. You grimace and groan at the impression of ice on your bottom, but manage to stand up, brushing the flakes away before setting off again.

When you reach the hut, you approach with a sense of caution – as well as desperation as you consider the possibility of breaking in despite danger, should no one answer your call. You barely flex your numbed fingers into a fist in order to knock loudly on the door, standing back to watch breath rise and join the smoke from the chimney. Aside, you attempt to peer through the frost-stained windows, seeking the source of light. Someone has to be home, to hear a cry for hope…

The access opens, and there stands an angel before you – or at least so she appears in your mind’s eye. In fact she is a slightly plump woman with a weathered face, but smiling saintly all the same, as the radiance of a roaring fireplace basks her back in a golden halo.

“Welcome home, childre- oh! Oh dear! Dear me, what are you doing out in this cold dressed like that? That jacket isn’t nearly warm enough! And your poor Pokémon are shivering! Come in, come in, before you freeze your toes off!”

You graciously accept the invitation of heat and heart, hurrying towards the hearth. Unlike you who ignored the homely hailing mat in haste and tracked snow in all over the clean floor (fortunately the houseowner doesn’t seem to mind), Deerling tiptoes over the fibers and shakes its dusting of powdered sugar off before trotting over to join you by the flames. It lies down and rests beside you while you rub your palms together, trying to rejuvenate movement. Togepi and Omanyte mimic the massaging motion, while your host fusses about, retrieving blankets and sheets for all four of you.

“Here, put these on. Would you like some tea? Or hot chocolate? Please, help yourself to any food if you’re hungry.”

She gestures towards the table, where a feast of festive sweets and dishes is laid out. Gingerbread cookies, mince pie, plum pudding… There’s even a whole sliced ham spread in the center. She bids you take a seat and offers you a plate, serving up a bit of everything before you can even say a word.

“Eat, eat! No need to be shy! You all look famished!”

She plops the large platter in front of you and your Pokémon before tucking in her apron and taking the spot across from you, watching and waiting eagerly for you to dig in.

“So tell me, what’s your name, young man? What were doing traveling in this weather without proper protection?” She scolds with clear motherly concern. “You’re lucky you didn’t lose your limbs!”

His muscles ached as he traverse the dense snow, wading through a thick blanket of white covering his shins as he attempted to outrun an icy grim reaper always nipping at his heels, a slog of cold wind whipping his numb face with extraordinary power, trying to push him back into the grasp of death's freezing fingers. His legs screamed for him to stop, slow down, take a break but his mind said no. Each step was agony, but the safety and well being of his Pokémon was at the forefront of his mind.

Evolution had provided him no favours, a cruel mistress who requires millennia of successive generations not 5 years living in the Glacier Isles. The Deerling taunted him by attrition as its ease of nature allowed it to canter behind him, the neigh its presence was enough to drive him up the wall as it skipped along with carefree abandon. It was not its fault, but it kept Matthew's mind distracted. Adrenaline could only kick in so many times, get him so far, keep him so warm. He had buried the box in its home in the tree bark, and now he too sought a home.

A bank climb caused problems for the Pokémon trainer. He willed his way to the summit only to fall ¾ of the way up, a rolling snowball careering towards the flat. His position reset. Days spent in the gym had him prepared for hill-climbs, but it was nothing like the real thing. The temperature, the constant notion of death and survival, the panicking heartbeat climbing with you, the changing ground slipping underfoot. The Deerling jumped down after, licking his face. Cute. Now was not the time, however, and Matthew grunted and groaned as he got back to his feet, now even wetter. He checked his comrades for scratches or bruises but found none, thanking the lord of Murphy's law to have not visited him today. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. He brushed a few flakes from his clothing, not that it made a difference, and carried on. A torturous climb followed, anguish and affliction became his friend from the numbing chaser. Pain he could feel. As long as he could feel he could continue.

Matthew ran the last few hundred metres from the hut, fearful that slow movement would cause an early demise. He collapsed to his knees as he reached the door, weakly knocking with the palms of his hands. He approached with caution but desperation had him throw it to the wind, crunching his frozen hands into a ball before slamming the door with the side of his fists. The pain was palpable, a shallow yelp of pain escaped his unwilling mouth. He didn't want his Pokémon to see this. He clambered to his feet to inspect the frost-stained windows, the source of light providing some sort of hope. Perhaps he was looking through rose-tinted glass.

A light to his side illuminated the canvas like heaven's door and Matthew rushed towards it. His mouth ajar he almost collapsed at the sight of the plump woman. A presence that was not his own. She invited him in and he graciously accepted, almost running to the fireplace in search of warmth and comfort. The fire was like an energy of pure radiance, a god-send to those far from inclined winter's grasp. A shortness of breath followed as he stared deeper into the flickers, memories of a Magmortar came back through broken pictures. His mind struggled to place them together, unable to fit two corner pieces together as the jigsaw remained scrambled. He felt sorrow and grief, but he wasn't sure the reason. The ringing got louder. Louder. Louder.

“Here, put these on. Would you like some tea? Or hot chocolate? Please, help yourself to any food if you’re hungry.”

The woman's speech became drowned out by the buzz as he stared wide-eyed into the fire. It could provide more answers. It had to. An interruption. A hand on his shoulder. He snapped back into reality, taking a long breath before looking up. He was rubbing his hands together by instinct as his Pokémon did the same, crudely mimicking his actions without question as they stared at him with troubled faces.

Matthew composed himself before smiling at them, patting them on the head before standing. The woman pointed at a feast before handing him a plate the very next second. Emotion welled in the pit of his stomach as he attempted to hold himself together. What act of kindness had he known up to now? The world seemed filled with hate, the kinship of Pokémon was the only thing that kept the trainer sane but this … angel of a woman had saved him.

“Eat, eat! No need to be shy! You all look famished!”

He nodded in silence before tucking into the food, an explosion of flavour salivating his mouth as soon as it hit his tongue. Never had he known cooking like this. The woman tucked in her apron and sat in the spot across from him, scolding him with motherly tones. He stared as she delivered lessons of warning and care, claiming he was lucky not to lose a limb. He agreed, looking down at his Pokémon with culpability and disgrace. What was worse was they could have lost a limb. Foolhardy audaciousness had them in this mess, his actions interacting with a unknown object endangered their lives.

“Matthew … Matthew Brown” he stammered, “thank you for saving me. Saving us. I found a wooden cube and was teleported here. But this house … I've seen this house. It was destroyed. I walked past the chimney on the road. Spring.”

His face bore the look of a man confused, steadily attempting to work out exactly what had happened. Though he was not a typical intellect, he took the same methodical approach to problem solving. When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. He looked down at his hands, then back up at the woman. He sounded insane. His options became fewer, those who claim not to be insane before ranting are often those touched by the maddening presence of insanity.

“You mentioned children. When I walked in” he continued, gulping “I didn't see a soul on the plains. Are they in trouble? Perhaps I can help”

The trainer knew he was deflecting, but more talk of spring, time-lines and teleportation would only dampen his cause whatever the outcome. At best he could be seen as a danger, thrown out into the wilderness once more to fend the weather. At worst he was giving up information to someone who knew about the box, wanted to harness its power. Maybe the world was never kind, always laying traps and deception. He looked back at the woman...

Last edited by Treepandaone; 03-24-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #1128
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Sky Gate

Charminions – After seeing the way the father treats his daughter, you can’t help but feel a slight sense of sympathy for the girl, reasoning her rash and rude behavior might just be a result of such high standard upbringing. You approach the man to make this observation known (unable to suppress a smug smile whilst doing so), and offer to help search for her. He glances at the butler in confusion for a moment, who nods to presumably confirm your identity as the one spoken about on the phone. The father looks at you and sighs.

“You are right, Amanda has been unhappy for some time now. However, I had hoped that she would calm down once the situation changed. It seems things have only become worse though…” Skimming a hand through his smoothly-combed hair, you observe the expensive-looking gold band on his ring finger. He twists it awkwardly as he speaks.

“Are you aware of the Hero’s Festival in Fizzytopia?” His voice gradually gains weight. “The great tragedy that occurred there… Many people died… Including my wife. Amanda’s mother.”

Mist clouds his eyes as he speaks wistfully, recalling the memories of his marriage. (You note some snootiness still seeping into his words, though most likely without ill intent.) “My wife was a commoner, so she enjoyed the simple pleasures in life. She was very fond of flowers. Her one dream was to live in the Cloud Garden to be amongst nature’s beauty, though business ties always kept me grounded – literally.” He trails off, musing mildly to himself. “Although I also had to travel a lot so I was often away from the mansion, which perhaps is why she took up gardening as a hobby…”

He shakes his head, snapping out of self-reproach. “After her passing, we moved here to try and fulfill her wish by having her body buried in Memory Lane. And also to get away from it all. I sold my entire earth estate, wanting to start fresh.”

Reaching into his blazer, he retrieves a pocket watch, which he opens to reveal a photo of a smiling female, her face radiating warmth like sunshine.

“She truly was a wonderful woman. She was never after my money. Whenever I tried to give her any extra to spend on herself, she’d donate it to charity. I even offered her a matching diamond locket, but she refused. Instead she preferred to wear one that I, er, tried to make out of wood.” He pauses, scratching his head with embarrassment as he smiles with a mix of sadness and joy. “It took me a long time, but I finally managed to find someone else like her. Someone I can honestly share my feelings with. She helped heal my heart after it had nearly lost all hope.”

The butler chimes in at this point. “Yes, I do recall there was a time when the Master shut himself inside his room and refused all his meals, so the young lady took the tray from us and marched in there to force him to eat.”

Mr. Banks blanches. “James, please! The public doesn’t need to know that!”

“Sorry, sir. Simply stating the facts.”

Lillian pipes up at this point. “The Master also came to me to ask for dating and fashion advice. He spent hours pacing and fussing with his appearance in front of a mirror before attempting to ask her out. He kept changing cuff links, and was so nervous I had to button them for him. I even had to order a dozen different bouquets just so he could decide which one would be best to express his sentiments.”

Their boss blushes further, muttering, “How is that even related?” Hearing a couple girls giggling behind him, he levels his back and clears his throat. “Both of you cease this mockery at once, or I’ll have you fired.”

While James’ mouth – or rather moustache – merely moves as before without breaking the owner’s blank countenance, you catch a small, teasing twinkle in his eyes. “Honestly, sir, I mean no offense, but we’ve been working with you for the past 20 years, and have always spoken our mind. If you were to let us go you would’ve surely done so by now.”

“I-I suppose that’s true.” Their employer slackens, pouting.

You chuckle a little to yourself, beginning to get an idea of where Amanda’s childishness comes from. Despite their surface status, these people are no longer starting to seem so superior. Certainly not towards each other. Their friendly, almost familial banter reminds you of a silly sitcom, and you resist the urge to make a popcorn run.

Remembering his audience, Mr. Banks quickly returns to attention, continuing with his story. “Anyway, after a sufficient period of proper courtship, we were wed a year ago. But Amanda has yet to accept our union… I would give anything for her blessing, but every time I try to broach the subject she runs away, as you can see. If you have any clue as to her whereabouts, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Don’t worry, I will reward you handsomely for finding her.”

Do you accept the proposition? And is so, where to begin investigating? Something tells you that tracking a tiny girl through the crowd will be impossible. If only you had some idea of her destination…
Graduated from the AR!

The man gives a quick glance to his butler, confused as to who Charm could be. The butler simply nods, confirming that Charm was the person spoken about on the phone as the man sighs. “You are right, Amanda has been unhappy for some time now. However, I had hoped that she would calm down once the situation changed. It seems things have only become worse though…” combing a hand over his already well-combed hair as Charm catches a glimpse of an expensive-looking gold band on his ring finger.

“Are you aware of the Hero’s Festival in Fizzytopia?” he then asks. “The great tragedy that occurred there… Many people died… Including my wife. Amanda’s mother.” Charm can notice the tears beginning to well up in this man's eyes as the trainer's heart sank just a little... until he hears the snootiness again. “My wife was a commoner..." though Charm continues listening out of respect, "so she enjoyed the simple pleasures in life. She was very fond of flowers. Her one dream was to live in the Cloud Garden to be amongst nature’s beauty, though business ties always kept me grounded – literally.” He begins to trail off in his own thoughts. “Although I also had to travel a lot so I was often away from the mansion, which perhaps is why she took up gardening as a hobby…”

He shakes himself back to reality, before continuing, “After her passing, we moved here to try and fulfill her wish by having her body buried in Memory Lane. And also to get away from it all. I sold my entire earth estate, wanting to start fresh.”

Reaching for a pocket watch in his blazer, he takes it out and opens it to reveal a picture of Amanda's mother, smiling radiantly. "She was beautiful..." the trainer mutters, "I'm sorry for your loss."

“She truly was a wonderful woman," Mr. Banks continues, "She was never after my money. Whenever I tried to give her any extra to spend on herself, she’d donate it to charity. I even offered her a matching diamond locket, but she refused. Instead she preferred to wear one that I, er, tried to make out of wood.” He pauses, the reminiscing of his late wife evidently bringing joy and sadness out of him. “It took me a long time, but I finally managed to find someone else like her. Someone I can honestly share my feelings with. She helped heal my heart after it had nearly lost all hope.”

The butler suddenly chimes in. “Yes, I do recall there was a time when the Master shut himself inside his room and refused all his meals, so the young lady took the tray from us and marched in there to force him to eat.”

Mr. Banks tenses up. “James, please! The public doesn’t need to know that!”

“Sorry, sir. Simply stating the facts.”

Lillian also joins in. “The Master also came to me to ask for dating and fashion advice. He spent hours pacing and fussing with his appearance in front of a mirror before attempting to ask her out. He kept changing cuff links, and was so nervous I had to button them for him. I even had to order a dozen different bouquets just so he could decide which one would be best to express his sentiments.”

Mr. Banks looks flushed as he mutters, “How is that even related?” A couple girls giggle behind him, forcing him to regain his composure. “Both of you cease this mockery at once, or I’ll have you fired.”

Jame's mustache moves a tad as he doesn't look the least bit worried, instead continuing to tease his boss, “Honestly, sir, I mean no offense, but we’ve been working with you for the past 20 years, and have always spoken our mind. If you were to let us go you would’ve surely done so by now.”

“I-I suppose that’s true.” Mr. Banks gives in, pouting similarly to Amanda. Charm couldn't help but chuckle at what he was witnessing. Now I know where Amanda's childishness comes from, he laughes in his own thought. These guys are still human beings after all.

Mr. Banks then returns his attention to the young trainer, “Anyway, after a sufficient period of proper courtship, we were wed a year ago. But Amanda has yet to accept our union… I would give anything for her blessing, but every time I try to broach the subject she runs away, as you can see. If you have any clue as to her whereabouts, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Don’t worry, I will reward you handsomely for finding her.”

"Oh, don't worry about the reward, I'm just happy to help," the trainer answers, before thinking of where Amanda could have gone. "As for your daughter... perhaps she went to visit her mother in Memory Lane? That's where I would go if I were her."
Old 09-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #1129
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbleucorsola View Post
Cloud Forest

jolteonjak¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

With both Pokémon appearing to exhaust, you call Cyndaquil over to confer while Spearow regains its bearings. Advising Cyndaquil to switch to the defensive, your opponent remains aggressive, repeating the radiance from before. Aware of what to anticipate this time, Cyndaquil primes to dodge at a moment’s notice. The Spearow quickens its altitude again, before screaming down like a siren – though slightly slower this time. The split-second difference is enough for Cyndaquil to swiftly roll to the side – though the sharp beak still manages to graze his hide slightly. Still, he stands firm as he bristles grass off his back, ready for another round.

Spearow seems bushed however, barely able to keep aloft as it appropriately seeks the shelter of the brush, where it settles down to ROOST. Just as expected. You grin and nod to Cyndaquil, who mirrors the pose by curling up with his head tucked under his “wing”. The posture is surprisingly rather relaxing, and Cyndaquil soon starts to rejuvenate at the same rate, the battle grinding to a halt as peace overcomes.

The stillness doesn’t last long however, as Spearow doesn’t take kindly to its actions being copied – by a ground-dweller, no less. With a shrill pitch, it abandons its perch and lands on the earth, where it stalks straight up to the half-dozing enemy, wearing a look of disgust. A swift kicks sends a SLAP of MUD into the sitting duck’s face, causing the Spearow to point and cackle before quickly taking flight again, avoiding retaliation.

Up in the air, Spearow continues to shriek and screech, laughing so UPROARiously there’s no way Cyndaquil will be able to rest now. Cyndaquil gets up and attempts to glare through the grit at the annoying rooster, waiting for further guidance on how to deal with this nuisance. Unfortunately, he can barely see past the grime – and if he could he would simply be blinded twice trying to spot a shadow against the bright sun. Squinting, you notice the Spearow’s feathers appear to be shining in the light after its respite, almost metallically so… A sign of health? Or something more?

What will your next move be?

Chad meant well having Cyndaquil mimic Spearow’s Roost attack. Cyndaquil needed to rest a little and regain health. It seemed Spearow didn’t take too kindly to being imitated. ‘I guess Spearow never met a Mime Jr.,’ Chad thought to himself. He quickly pushed that thought out of mind though, because he had a battle to concentrate on. The mud in Cyndaquil’s face also helped snapped Chad out of his thoughts.

Then to add insult to injury, Chad and Cyndaquil had to endure the screeching of Spearow’s Uproar.
Even if Cyndaquil wanted to, there’s no way he’d be able to relax for a little while. In his blindness, Cyndaquil began to panic. He was barely able to see around him, and now that Spearow was in the sky, he had the brightness of the sun to deal with. “Calm down Cyndaquil and listen to me. Spearow is just flying about. It is certainly preparing an attack, but you have some time.” Chad hoped maybe his voice could calm his Fire Mouse down. It was time for Cyndaquil to start trusting Chad.

Chad looked up to the sky at Spearow. “I’ll keep my eyes on things for you.” He looked closer at Spearow, whose wings had begun to glow, almost metallic. It was planning something. ‘Is that Steel Wing?’ he thought. ‘That won’t do much damage to a Fire-type. If I knew whether or not, Spearow was going to swoop down to strike, I could prepare an attack. This is going to be tough.’

“All right Cyndaquil, listen up. With Spearow in the sky, it’ll be hard to spot. Wait for it to get closer to the ground, so you have a better shot. In the meantime, use let’s have a little fun. Give Metronome a shot. See what you cook up. Then if you’re still standing, use Defense Curl until Spearow gets closer.”

“This needs to end,” Chad said to himself. “I still have a turf war to sort out and another task to complete.”

Stats
Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #1130
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Mystery Island: A mysterious floating island nestled among the clouds. There is no way to access it by foot so if you don’t have any flying pokemon you will have to find an alternative route to get there as no guides from the Sky Gate area will go near it.
Ahh, the Cloud Garden. A decidedly unique location full of wonder and mystery. An awe-inspiring place for any Trainer to visit- true to its name, it was a garden literally built into the clouds. That alone would amaze just about anyone, and the 24-year-old Pokémon Trainer just arriving there now was no exception.

Keith Masters looked out at the Cloud Garden before him in wonder. He had been here once before, though his memory of that adventure was a little hazy, almost as though it was a story someone had been writing that they never got around to finishing... Well, anyway, Keith was here again to explore the mysterious garden, and he wasn't alone.

"So, dis is Cloud Garden, huh?" remarked the Meowth on Keith's shoulder. Meowth, unusually for his species, spoke fluent English due to a trade machine malfunction when he came into Keith's ownership. This was an unexpected yet decidedly welcome development on his part- he grew up watching TV, and idolized the Team Rocket Meowth from that one show, the one who could also talk, so this worked out pretty well for him, nobody could deny. He also disliked being in his Poké Ball, which meant he spent a lot of time hitching a ride on Keith's shoulder instead, which Keith didn't mind in the slightest.

"Yep," Keith nodded in response. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah," replied Meowth. "Looks a lot nicer den Myrtle made it out ta be."

"Everything's nicer than Myrtle makes it out to be," said Keith. Myrtle was his Banette, and had a tendency to be something of a cynic. "You should've asked Helena about this place instead."

"Ehh, guess so," conceded Meowth. "So, whereabouts in dis place we headed, anyways?"

In response, Keith pointed to the clouds above them. "Right up there, Meowth," he said. "Mystery Island- a strange island floating in the clouds. And there's no way to get there by foot, so we'll need a little help," he added, as he took a Poké Ball off his belt. He pressed the button, which enlarged the ball to its full size, then tossed it into the air. "Hedwig, let's go!" exclaimed Keith.

In a flash of light, the Poké Ball split open, and a Crobat materialized, flapping her four wings to stay airborne. "Cro?" she said questioningly.

"Hedwig, prepare to Fly," Keith grinned. "We're headed for that island in the clouds, and there's only one Pokémon I'd trust to get us up there." Well to be perfectly honest, there were three- he had a Swoobat and a Tranquill, both of whom were perfectly capable of Flying their Trainer around, but Hedwig tended to get a little jealous in that particular regard. "You up for it?" Keith asked his Crobat.

Hedwig gave a small smile. "Cro. Bat!" she responded. As she positioned herself just behind Keith, the Poison-type Trainer took Meowth off his shoulder and held him in his arms. Then, with her small feet, Hedwig gripped Keith's shoulders, and prepared to take off for Mystery Island.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 04-19-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #1131
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
The Forbidden Garden: A large, unbreakable, inpenetrable door blocks off this area. Even a bunch of Machamp couldn't get this open. There are seven keyholes located on the door, unfortunately the keys that fit them seem to be missing. Nobody knows what lies behind the door, those up for a challenge may like to find out.
((Welcome the world of updating Pest! ^^ I have 2 active adventures at the moment, so if you want to skip me over, I don't mind. But if you'd like to pick me up, that'd be great! Feel free to go with other people first if you prefer.))

Good to be back.

He'd travelled the Cloud Garden once, back when he'd just started traveling... Back when he still had Gaius, and the dragon was still a newborn Gible. It felt like a lifetime ago, when in reality only three years had passed. But what he'd accomplished in those three years turned him into a completely different man, and a much more competent Trainer; so this time, he wanted to aim for the top and unravel Cloud Garden's greatest secret. The massive, imposing gate with seven locks that towered before his eyes right now told him he couldn't enter the grounds beyond, and he hated being told what he couldn't do.

So I'll do it.

He ran a hand through the colossal door, wondering what was it about its locks that made it impenetrable. There were Pokemon out there with unbelievable destructive power, and even then they weren't able to trespass. On the other hand, since nobody had ever crossed into the Forbidden Garden, it meant no Trainer was able to gather the necessary keys either. Why someone would go to such lengths to protect what lies ahead puzzled him, and above all, intrigued him. Enticed by the secrecy, the challenge and above all, the prospect of being the first to discover the Forbidden Garden's secrets, the Saffron-native felt tempted to reach for his belt and choose a partner to give it a shot of his own, but stopped short of picking a Pokeball.

No... I won't insult the efforts of all those before me. I'm still far from the strongest Trainer in the world, so there's no reason I should successfully break the gate open when better men have failed. I don't know the problem well enough to start trying random solutions.

In a way, it showed how much he'd matured. Had the Levin Sanders from three years ago run into this gate on his first journey across Cloud Garden, he'd no doubt have attempted to force his way through to prove himself. Now, he knew his place in the Pokemon World; as lofty as his goals were, he was still just a regular Trainer. More capable ones with much stronger Pokemon must have tried to destroy the gate - why should he succeed where they hadn't? No, he had to figure this out rationally, which was something he'd always been rather good at.

He tried to peer into the seven large keyholes, looking to figure out a pattern, a clue, anything at all. And, fiercely stubborn as he was, he wasn't going to leave until he made progress.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 04-19-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #1132
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth One small step...

Quote:
The Space Path: A mysterious semi-transparent golden path that seemingly leads off into space. Where does it end? Nobody knows because anyone who has ever ventured along it has never returned. Who knows what you may find out there…..
Similar to MZ, I already have two adventures ongoing, so feel free to skip me over if you want to Pest. But if you fancy updating me, I can't say I'll complain! Have fun either way.

"Space, the Final Frontier..."

Just beyond the Sky Gate, marking the entrance to the Cloud Garden, a solitary figure stood at the end of a pathway that seemed to be in the midst of an existential crisis. Dave stared along the translucent lane of gold, his eyes following it into the distance until he couldn't focus on it anymore, losing sight of it a long way off, with no indication of what was at the other end. He'd heard that this was one of the area's less-popular attractions, mostly because of two things. The first was that no-one knew what was down there, aside from a bloody long walk.

The second was that no-one knew what was down there because out of all who had tried to find out, none had made it back.

He gulped slightly, before clenching a fist. He'd wanted to become stronger, how was this for a test? A journey that he would either fail in the worst way possible, or make history. All or nothing. "But this isn't like I'm fresh off the boat anymore." he muttered. He'd been in the Fizzytopia region for a good two years now. Two years that had seen him progress from a simple fisherman to the hero of an entire region. The Arcane Realm would have been left utterly devastated by an insatiable hunger had he not managed to route it at its source.

His hand played at his belt. Six PokéBalls sat there, an assortment of colours. "And I'm not alone either." Plucking one, he raised his hand up to reveal a device with a blue top half, with a yellow lightning-bolt pattern leading down to the central button. Tapping it once enlarged the Thunder Ball, while twice caused it to split open, releasing a stream of energy crackling with electricity. The light took on a sinuous shape, coalescing into the form of a lengthy, eel-like Pokémon.

The Eelektrik hung in the air, suspended by his own electromagnetic field. The fins on the top and bottom side of his head twitched, before he cast a look around the area, first the path, then where it lead. "Ready, Mustrum?" Dave asked, receiving a nod from the EleFish. The Electric-type was one of his strongest teammates. There was no-one he'd rather have by his side on such a potentially perilous adventure. "Great, let's get going. They say this path leads into space itself - let's see what wonderful work Palkia's been busy with."

Taking one step forward, the trainer placed his foot onto the Space Path, Mustrum floating at his side as he headed out into the unknown...

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 04-19-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #1133
Pest
Volcano Badge

Hi everyone! Glad to take you into my group ^^; If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Let's get this show on the road!

The Space Path (please reply in Gold)

DaveTheFishGuy: Standing at the foot of the shimmering golden path, you wrestle with the twin desires to preserve yourself and to prove yourself. After some thought, the latter of the two wins handily, and you summon your good friend Eelektrik as a companion on this potentially hazardous journey. All journeys begin with a single step, and you take that step with a little trepidation, but despite being seemingly made of light, the path is solid. Encouraged, you set off on your trek, climbing up the steep incline.

The path is smooth, and if it were made of anything else you’d probably sleep and fall. Yet with this path, your shoes have excellent traction. Still, it’s a good thing the path is broader than most — it’s several yards wide, rather like a large street. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) the translucent material makes it easy to see all of Cloud Garden stretch beneath you, even when you’re right in the middle of the path. Behind you lies Sky Gate, where a few people are milling around; their voices fade into the inaudible as the air and clouds grow thinner. Strangely, you don’t have any problem breathing at this height. Perhaps it’s a property of Space Path? Laws of nature don’t seem to apply to the Cloud Garden, after all …

Time drags on. The light seems to drain out of the sky, gradually, though the sun stays high in the sky. Your breathing starts to get heavy as you continue your climb. Mustrum doesn’t seem particularly bothered by the physical aspects of this journey, floating easily alongside you as if you’re walking on a plateau. Around you, stars flicker into existence as points of cold light, twinkling in blues and yellows and whites.

When the void of space has opened up around you, you pause to catch a breather, looking around. Beneath, you can still see only Cloud Garden, as if you haven’t climbed so far at all. And perhaps you haven’t? Nevertheless, stars shine as far as the eye can see, as if space has bent over backwards to facilitate your journey. Looking ahead, you realize that the path has leveled out, splitting into three glimmering paths that blaze ahead in different directions. On the left, it winds around the moon, past Venus and Mercury, and makes its fearless way toward the sun. On the right, you see the distant red light of Mars, and presumably the other planets lie that way as well. The center path simply stretches straight ahead, with an expanse of aurora running along it on one side.

What will you do?

Mystery Island (please reply in Medium Orchid)

Missingno. Master: Having returned to the Cloud Garden after a not-quite-memorable experience there previously, you are drawn to a more isolated section of the area. Mystery Island, nestled in the clouds above and beyond the Sky Gate, is something of an oddity in these parts, being difficult to reach for many trainers. Nevertheless, you call forth your trusty friend Hedwig, and soon, with her feet gripping your shirt collar, you lift off. It’s certainly an unusual sight: a trainer hanging from a large, lanky Crobat, with a Meowth grasped securely in your arms. Meowth seems a little nervous at the way you two are dangling above the receding gardens, but after a couple minutes of flying he relaxes a little when it becomes clear that Hedwig’s not letting go of you anytime soon. From here, you can see the vast expanse of the Cloud Garden, with its various paths, peaks, valleys, and flora casting broad swathes of color among the surrounding clouds. It’s a beautiful sight, even a little soothing.

Soon, though, it becomes clear that far-off Mystery Island is getting closer. Drawing near, you notice that the island is much larger than you previously thought: the massive landmass looms in your vision, encompassing the horizon with its dark form of earth and stone. Through the cloudy haze, you can see a mountaintop poking up like a sentinel, towering toward the distant sun. Clearer are the numerous smaller islands, which float around the main island in a lazy orbit. As you draw nearer, passing them by, you note that many have trees rooted firmly in their soil, from which birds swoop in and out from nest to nest as they chase each other. Aside from one Taillow that narrowly misses your head, though, you don’t pay them much mind as Mystery Island comes ever nearer.

A cloud swallows you up, making the temperature drop considerably. In a moment, you burst into the light again, lightly dotted with moisture. From this high up, you can see the entirety of Mystery Island … or at least, you can see the peak peeking out of the fog, which has settled over the entire island. While you can guess at the roundness of its shape, the island otherwise is living up to its name at this point. If there’s a proper place to land, it doesn’t seem to be presenting itself.

While you’re considering what to do, a flicker of motion catches your eye. As you watch, the wind begins to blow, and gradually some of the fog on the edge closest to you disperses. From here you can see an abrupt cliff face devoid of plant life, from which a waterfall resolutely pours into the void below. Not far from the edge of the frothing waters, you catch sight of a figure … whether it’s a human or a Pokemon is anyone’s guess from this distance, but either way it suddenly emits a red light, small but bright, that shines in your direction. After a few moments, the light fades, and the figure disappears into the fog.

What will you do?

Forbidden Garden (please reply in Forest Green)

MarbleZone: Your curiosity and desire for discovery have led you to the unbending door that leads to the Forbidden Garden. Knowing that even some of the strongest Pokemon in the world haven’t been able to break it down, you decide instead to use your wits in hopes of finding a way in. You squint to look into the seven keyholes, but you move from one to another only to see blackness. The door must be at least as thick as it is wide.

With the keyholes unhelpful, you move on to examine everything in the immediate vicinity. Scraggly hedges reach toward the sky, looking spiky after going without pruning for who knows how long. You gingerly peer past their branches, but find nothing besides a long-abandoned nest and a skittering insect or two. The vastness of the garden is bordered by high walls that encompass the entire area beyond; whether those walls are made of stone or corroded steel, you can’t be sure. Shapes are carved into the silver-gray material, but you can’t make heads or tails of them. A remnant of an ancient language, perhaps? Surely the mystery here runs deeper than you thought.

You comb through the wild rows of unidentifiable berries that line the path that leads to this place; you sweep aside the low-hanging branches of gnarled trees; you even get on your knees in an attempt to find a crack under the door through which you might peek. All of these attempts are fruitless. With a sigh, you sit under a tree to catch your breath, staring at the unmoving door. It sits there solidly, as if taunting you. What will it take to find an answer to this? As you ponder on this, you absentmindedly look to the right. The little man seated next to you grins back.

“Sorry to have startled you,” he says, once you’ve put a lid on your surprise. His tone doesn’t sound particularly sorry at all. Though you look at him, you can’t quite get a handle on how he looks; he could be sixteen or sixty for all you know. “I couldn’t help but notice you’re looking for something? Several somethings, perhaps, thin and metallic, drawn to that door like fireflies? You are in luck, my friend. I know a thing or two about those keys, and I can point you toward them, free of charge. Though not free of consequence, it seems.” He gestures dramatically toward the rest of Cloud Garden, though it lies hidden behind the shady boughs of the surrounding trees. “They’re out there, scattered across the zone, waiting for some intrepid young person to find them. I hope you have some Pokémon or other fit for travel, because you’re going to be seeing a lot of it.”

He beams, clears his throat, and provides his riddle.

“One behind the water, nestled in its place,
One upon the mountain, dangling from its face,
One into the desert, hidden in relief,
One across the plateau, near a single reef,
One among the gravestones, settled near a Shinx,
One beyond the starshine, slyer than a sphinx,
One above the flowers, not averse to eyes,
All in all collected, you’ll have found your prize!

“... Rhyming reef and relief? Really? I must be losing my touch.” He frowns briefly, then brightens. “I do hope you’ll take on this quest. It’s been so long since the last one attempted it. That wasn’t pretty. Good luck!”

He waves, and then, suddenly, he’s no longer there, as if he’s simply stopped existing. You’re left alone in the shade of the tree, wondering at his words.

What will you do?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #1134
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest View Post
Hi everyone! Glad to take you into my group ^^; If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Let's get this show on the road!

Missingno. Master: Having returned to the Cloud Garden after a not-quite-memorable experience there previously, you are drawn to a more isolated section of the area. Mystery Island, nestled in the clouds above and beyond the Sky Gate, is something of an oddity in these parts, being difficult to reach for many trainers. Nevertheless, you call forth your trusty friend Hedwig, and soon, with her feet gripping your shirt collar, you lift off. It’s certainly an unusual sight: a trainer hanging from a large, lanky Crobat, with a Meowth grasped securely in your arms. Meowth seems a little nervous at the way you two are dangling above the receding gardens, but after a couple minutes of flying he relaxes a little when it becomes clear that Hedwig’s not letting go of you anytime soon. From here, you can see the vast expanse of the Cloud Garden, with its various paths, peaks, valleys, and flora casting broad swathes of color among the surrounding clouds. It’s a beautiful sight, even a little soothing.

Soon, though, it becomes clear that far-off Mystery Island is getting closer. Drawing near, you notice that the island is much larger than you previously thought: the massive landmass looms in your vision, encompassing the horizon with its dark form of earth and stone. Through the cloudy haze, you can see a mountaintop poking up like a sentinel, towering toward the distant sun. Clearer are the numerous smaller islands, which float around the main island in a lazy orbit. As you draw nearer, passing them by, you note that many have trees rooted firmly in their soil, from which birds swoop in and out from nest to nest as they chase each other. Aside from one Taillow that narrowly misses your head, though, you don’t pay them much mind as Mystery Island comes ever nearer.

A cloud swallows you up, making the temperature drop considerably. In a moment, you burst into the light again, lightly dotted with moisture. From this high up, you can see the entirety of Mystery Island … or at least, you can see the peak peeking out of the fog, which has settled over the entire island. While you can guess at the roundness of its shape, the island otherwise is living up to its name at this point. If there’s a proper place to land, it doesn’t seem to be presenting itself.

While you’re considering what to do, a flicker of motion catches your eye. As you watch, the wind begins to blow, and gradually some of the fog on the edge closest to you disperses. From here you can see an abrupt cliff face devoid of plant life, from which a waterfall resolutely pours into the void below. Not far from the edge of the frothing waters, you catch sight of a figure … whether it’s a human or a Pokemon is anyone’s guess from this distance, but either way it suddenly emits a red light, small but bright, that shines in your direction. After a few moments, the light fades, and the figure disappears into the fog.

What will you do?
With a flap of her four wings, Hedwig took off, carrying Keith and Meowth high up into the air. The latter squirmed nervously, but Keith held him tight. "Relax, Meowth," grinned Keith. "I've been traveling this way for years. Trust me, Hedwig ain't letting go."

"Ehh, OK," Meowth murmured, though he still sounded a bit nervous. He did seem to relax from his Trainer's reassurances, though, or perhaps the view had a hand in it- for as Keith looked down, he could see the Cloud Garden from above, and it was truly an amazing view. He could see all sorts of pathways, hills, mountains, plant life, all sorts of things. The vast, colorful landscape was amazing to behold.

Soon enough, however, Keith's focus shifted from what they were flying away from to what they were flying towards- Mystery Island was getting closer, and Keith could see that it was huge, even larger than he had previously believed it to be (and he didn't exactly think it was small in the first place). The full view was obscured somewhat by a cloudy haze, though Keith could make out the shape of a mountaintop. Easier to see were the smaller islands that orbited Mystery Island, with many of them sporting trees. A number of bird Pokémon could be seen flying from them, chasing each other, though Keith didn't pay them very much attention (save for one Taillow who almost collided with his head). No, he was more focused on the big island- Mystery Island.

They flew into a cloud, and Keith suppressed a shiver- it was much colder in the cloud. And then, just as quickly as they entered it, Hedwig lifted Keith and Meowth out of the cloud and into the sunlight once more, though they were all left with a light coating of moisture from the cloud. From this high up, Keith was able to see Mystery Island in its entirety... kind of.

"Dat's a lotta fog," Meowth remarked.

"No kidding," Keith nodded. "Where the hell do we land?"

"Cro..." Hedwig murmured, her eyes scanning the fog-obscured landscape before her, trying to find an answer to Keith's question- and then, the wind started to blow, and the fog started to disperse. This gave Keith an idea, but before he could speak it out loud, all three of them noticed something simultaneously- a figure, standing not far from a waterfall which dumped water into the void below. Whether it was human or Pokémon, they couldn't tell, but Keith's curiosity was piqued nonetheless. As if to add to the mystery, it briefly shone a red light on the newcomers before vanishing into the fog.

"...Wat da hell was dat?" Meowth asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine," replied Keith. He'd have shrugged his shoulders if Hedwig's grip on them wasn't the only thing keeping them from falling to their deaths. "But I think we should find out. Hedwig, land there," he instructed his Crobat, pointing to the point on the cliff's edge just by the waterfall where the figure had been standing. "And then," he added, remembering his earlier idea, "use Defog. Make it a hell of a lot easier to find... whoever, whatever that was."

"Cro. Bat," Hedwig nodded as she descended towards the cliff as Keith indicated.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 04-19-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #1135
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Forbidden Garden (please reply in Forest Green)

MarbleZone: Your curiosity and desire for discovery have led you to the unbending door that leads to the Forbidden Garden. Knowing that even some of the strongest Pokemon in the world haven’t been able to break it down, you decide instead to use your wits in hopes of finding a way in. You squint to look into the seven keyholes, but you move from one to another only to see blackness. The door must be at least as thick as it is wide.

With the keyholes unhelpful, you move on to examine everything in the immediate vicinity. Scraggly hedges reach toward the sky, looking spiky after going without pruning for who knows how long. You gingerly peer past their branches, but find nothing besides a long-abandoned nest and a skittering insect or two. The vastness of the garden is bordered by high walls that encompass the entire area beyond; whether those walls are made of stone or corroded steel, you can’t be sure. Shapes are carved into the silver-gray material, but you can’t make heads or tails of them. A remnant of an ancient language, perhaps? Surely the mystery here runs deeper than you thought.

You comb through the wild rows of unidentifiable berries that line the path that leads to this place; you sweep aside the low-hanging branches of gnarled trees; you even get on your knees in an attempt to find a crack under the door through which you might peek. All of these attempts are fruitless. With a sigh, you sit under a tree to catch your breath, staring at the unmoving door. It sits there solidly, as if taunting you. What will it take to find an answer to this? As you ponder on this, you absentmindedly look to the right. The little man seated next to you grins back.

“Sorry to have startled you,” he says, once you’ve put a lid on your surprise. His tone doesn’t sound particularly sorry at all. Though you look at him, you can’t quite get a handle on how he looks; he could be sixteen or sixty for all you know. “I couldn’t help but notice you’re looking for something? Several somethings, perhaps, thin and metallic, drawn to that door like fireflies? You are in luck, my friend. I know a thing or two about those keys, and I can point you toward them, free of charge. Though not free of consequence, it seems.” He gestures dramatically toward the rest of Cloud Garden, though it lies hidden behind the shady boughs of the surrounding trees. “They’re out there, scattered across the zone, waiting for some intrepid young person to find them. I hope you have some Pokémon or other fit for travel, because you’re going to be seeing a lot of it.”

He beams, clears his throat, and provides his riddle.

“One behind the water, nestled in its place,
One upon the mountain, dangling from its face,
One into the desert, hidden in relief,
One across the plateau, near a single reef,
One among the gravestones, settled near a Shinx,
One beyond the starshine, slyer than a sphinx,
One above the flowers, not averse to eyes,
All in all collected, you’ll have found your prize!

“... Rhyming reef and relief? Really? I must be losing my touch.” He frowns briefly, then brightens. “I do hope you’ll take on this quest. It’s been so long since the last one attempted it. That wasn’t pretty. Good luck!”

He waves, and then, suddenly, he’s no longer there, as if he’s simply stopped existing. You’re left alone in the shade of the tree, wondering at his words.

What will you do?
How the man ended up right next to him without making a sound, he had no idea. Why and how a scrawny figure like him made it all the way to the entrance of the forbidden garden were equally mind-boggling mysteries. But the weirdest thing about it all was that this pretentious dwarf seemed to know how to open the gate by finding all the keys, which rose an interesting point about why he never actually did it himself. If Humpty Dumpty was the Garden's keeper instead, then it also made no sense that he'd encourage Levin to gather the keys and reveal the long-sealed secrets beyond the door...

After taking a moment to regain his composure and listening to the cute little riddle the man must have no doubt spent years to memorize, something else started troubling the Saffron-native. Here he was with clues to the locations of all the keys, free of charge, no strings attached... and he couldn't think of a single place in all of Cloud Garden that fit any of those unfortunately-vague descriptions. He tried to think of an answer from every angle he could imagine, but nothing added up perfectly. The plateau at Comet's Corner didn't lead to any reef, there weren't any particularly famous Shinx in the region... he only had one tiny assumption to cling on to.

Before he could check with the strange man whether his gut feeling was any good, he was... gone. Vanished into thin air like a bloody magician. The more he saw of this midget, the less he trusted him; still, his little charade was all they had to open this door and achieve something unheard of in the history of Cloud Garden. It was worth a shot, at least.

In a flash of light, a Pokemon materialized from one of the Pokeballs Levin was carrying. Imposing but loyal at the same time, Syre the Salamence was quick to understand what Levin needed of him; he lowered his head and allowed his Trainer to climb - the only human he'd ever allow on his back.

- I'm sorry Syre, but if my guess is right, I'll be needing your help with transportation fairly often in the near future. Let's head over to The Oasis area and try to spot any lakes in the desert from above. If you don't see anything worthwhile, just land somewhere safe and I'll scour the sands by foot.

"One into the desert, hidden in relief"...

The dragon growled in understanding, spread his majestic red wings and prepared to take to the skies. Levin didn't specifically ask to fly around very often out of respect for the proud creature, so for him to be so forthcoming about it this time surely meant a great deal to him, and Syre was happy to comply.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 04-19-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #1136
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
CLOUD GARDEN

Stardust Fields: Ever wondered what it looks like to walk in outer space? Well chances are you'll never get a chance to do that, so why not take a walk through the Stardust Fields instead? A peaceful, uninterrupted terrain, providing habitat for all sorts of weird and wonderful pokemon, and maybe even the odd precious stone or two.
OoC: Same as the others, I've got numerous active adventures so if someone else comes along who hasn't got as many take them, similarly if you're feeling overburdened feel free to skip me.

Night was closing in fast as Pokémon trainer Matthew Brown continued his journey, just what time it was he couldn't be sure, his arduous trek along the many entrance-ways into the Cloud Garden had been taxing to say the least, his legs sore from the monotonous task of putting one foot forward before another. It was something he had done many times over, but in the most figurative sense he had done so in order to evolve as a man; the natural evolution of self and sense akin to the Pokémon evolutions he had witnessed along the highway to adulthood. With his 28th Birthday having passed just the day previous, he was setting out for another soul-searching experience, believing that with each passing year one must improve ones self in all aspects of the word. As a youngster, he had found himself gazing towards the stars in an expansive introspection for the freedom he had been robbed of, and all these years later he still felt a connection to the heavens that had awoken a spiritual side of him he never knew he had. Still, on a starry night, the veteran trainer would gather his motley crew of Pokémon and lay beneath them, pointing out constellations and telling stories of legend; how the stars were made by Jirachi, his once-encounter with the Wish Pokémon and the worlds away from land that Clefairy, Deoxys, Lunatone, Solrock and Elgyem had once been before they landed on the Earth they inhabit. Such fiction was not proven, however, but a romantic ideal that helped cement a bond with his younger, more fantastical, Pokémon.

It was true, however, that he had even visited the Cloud Garden before for a second time in fact but memory of his adventures were as clouded as the namesake of the Gardens themselves, not that you could tell right now. The upper atmosphere truly shone on an evening like this, the wild blue yonder ever reaching down as if they could be touched by merely reaching up, the illusion of the imagination breeding pasts of misinformation.

“The moon was made of cheese, they said” Matthew announced to himself, only to get the buzzing response of a Beedrill floating behind him. He flinched and slapped his ear, a unnatural reaction he had developed upon hearing any reverberation from flying bug-types when surprised. In truth he had completely forgotten he was accompanied by the bipedal wasp Pokémon, lost in his own collective conscious of his amnesiac past, anecdotal evidence of time spent traveling over Fizzy Bubbles greatest of plains, collecting knowledge and wisdom on every trip. He still managed to fall into pit-falls now and again, but mistakes were merely lessons to the trainer at this stage in his life, no longer the ego-shattering frustrations they once were.

Beedrill, still officially named Hinabi after he traded for her, was a Pokémon that filled Matthew with curiosity; the wasp seemed to have a sense of fear he had hoped would gradually fade with his direction, having never owned a Pokémon with such affliction, but a month on he was still wary that their relationship was strained by uneasiness. It was the other reason he had come here; an ambition to help the Beedrill overcome the disorder and transform into the potential he saw in her soul, her essence. A quick apology for the surprise flinch had Matthew and Hinabi continue their hike through the Stardust Fields, stopping every now and again for Hinabi to routinely check out the flowers, as a bee Pokémon was known to do. To him, they were just pretty and smelled nice, but the senses his Pokémon had were a mystery to him; another notch on the differences between man and Pokémon.

His first and foremost reason for visiting the region was the information given on his Pokédex. Though painfully frank about his chances of visiting space, the tourist guide offered interpretations of wonder beyond the peaceful scenery – a chance to find and befriend rare Pokémon and/or items. It was in Matthew's nature to seek for both sets, having owned a assemblance that would send any collector into a frenzy. It was the advantage of age, and time spent adventuring round Fizzy Bubbles of course, but his Dream Team was nearly complete, having only four baby Pokémon still left to tick from his list before the Kalosian Pokémon were fully released into the wild. Items too, however, was still on his list of conquests, his ambition of wanting to own items that would aid his Pokémon in battle beyond the usual boost to type moves and collect stones and gems related to the mythos and fables of legendary Pokémon. Perhaps he would never get to use them, having already owned a Mew, but to have and hold the objects used in the narratives of conjuring the spectacular was a feat his heart couldn't go without.

It was a strange dream, yes, but as the saying went 'different strokes for different folks'. Everyone wanted something contrasting from others, just another funny way life separates one man from another. He had met and talked to those who wanted to be the best battler of all time, ones who wanted to specialise in one type of Pokémon, ones who wanted to win every contest and beauty pageant, even one who wanted to capture a Pokémon whose form could only be described as a 'glitch in the Matrix'. For Matthew, though, these goals of lofty heights and unwavering ambition didn't excite him nearly as much as being able to possess an item of folk tales, to show his Pokémon the stones some say can command the legends to return to Earth. And so that was why he was here, in search of something he hadn't gotten before. Stones, gems, battle items, Pokémon. Anything he hadn't experienced was OK with him, and in a place like the Cloud Garden, literally everything was possible. The campaign that lay ahead was surly going to be tough, but with Beedrill at his side he was sure he could kill two birds with one stone, maybe even more …
Old 04-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #1137
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Stardust Fields: Ever wondered what it looks like to walk in outer space? Well chances are you'll never get a chance to do that, so why not take a walk through the Stardust Fields instead? A peaceful, uninterrupted terrain, providing habitat for all sorts of weird and wonderful pokemon, and maybe even the odd precious stone or two.
"Stardust Fields, huh?" Karmas pondered. "Don't think I've ever been there before."

He looked over all of his options again. He had to make sure that nowehere he went was going to be too rough, because he was taking Elsa and Pumpkin for their first real adventures. He had settled on the Cloud Garden, and from there was going over the different areas to find the perfect place for them to have their first adventure. The information said that the Stardust Fields was a peaceful, uninterrupted terrain which honestly sounded pretty damn good.

"Elsa, Pumpkin, Banane!" called out the trainer, calling Banane to fly them to the Cloud Garden.

The Cubchoo, Hoppip and Tropius were quick to come over. Well, Banane was quick to come over. Karmas had to go searching for the other two. Elsa was quite easy to find, she was down by the pool freezing chunks of the pool and giggling as she watched them float away. Pumpkin on the other hand, well she was a pain to find, flying around above the top of his treetop base. It took some coaxing and bribing, but eventually Karmas was able to get her to come to him. Karmas explained to them where they were going and why, Elsa at least showing some form of interest. Pumpkin, just sort of bobbed around, but Karmas just assumed that she was interested. Now that he had managed to actually get the pokemon he was planning on taking with him, Karmas and Elsa hopped on Banane, Pumpkin firmly in Karmas' grasp.

The trio now stood in front of the Cloud Garden, Karmas had told Banane to go home once he had dropped them off. Elsa stood beside her trainer, bobbing her head from side to side. Karmas had hoped that she would be interested in going off on an adventure... but instead it appeared that she would rather play with a ball of ice that she had created with her Powder Snow. Likewise Pumpkin didn't seem to really care too much about going on an adventure either. She was just happy to drift around in the breeze let out squeals of delight as she did so.

"Come on guys," he said, looking at his team mates. "We have an adventure to go to!"

At least Elsa looked at her trainer, Pumpkin just sort of bobbed closer to him. Oh boy, Karmas may have been a little more in over his head than he had thought.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 05-03-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #1138
Pest
Volcano Badge

Sorry for the wait! Here are a few more updates for everyone.

The Space Path

DaveTheFishGuy:Look here.

Mystery Island

Missingno. Master: Drawn to finding the answer to what entity emanated that light, you direct Hedwig to the exposed cliff, and she swoops downward with a flutter of wings. Mystery Island seems to rise up to greet you, and Hedwig slips like a ghost through the wisps of fog that have been left behind. The wind sings softly as you come closer, whistling in new patterns that drift from the island. Above, the sun is quickly obscured in the haze above, leaving only gray foglight to keep your world from plunging into darkness.

As you descend, the fog slowly, slowly creeps farther away, not fast enough to help you see much more of the bare ground surrounding the waterfall and cliff. Soon enough, you touch down, feeling dwarfed by the sheer size of the island even when it’s hidden in the fog. Not to be deterred, Hedwig, as soon as she sets you down, lifts slightly into the air and flaps her wings, both pairs working in tandem to generate a gentle but insistent gust of wind that billows forth. The fog clears some more, quickly this time, and you watch as more and more of the ground is uncovered, revealing scraggly bushes and brightening the world as some of the fog above is dispersed.

You suddenly catch sight of a figure ahead, revealed as the fog is washed away. The figure, which had been walking off, stops as it notices the movement of the fog in the wave of wind. Uncertain, it turns and approaches you, and you notice for the first time that it’s a Persian. Meowth isn’t so pleased at the sight of it at first, but a quick look lets you take in the scars on its body, which is thin but not emaciated. Parts of an ear and tail are missing, and it looks a little off balance, thanks to a limp and unevenly cut whiskers. It looks at you, more than a little cautiously, and the gem in its forehead flickers with a familiar glow. Not taking its eyes of you, it meows over its shoulder, the sound echoing faintly into the still-clearing fog.

For a minute, nothing happens. Something unseen clatters, and a muffled curse reaches you before two people appear from the fog. They stare at you, though they’re distant enough that neither you nor they can make out any details. The Persian, noticing their stillness, meows again, which is enough to prod one of them into action, sprinting across the earth and sending pebbles flying everywhere. Before you can fully wonder if this was a bad idea, she glomps you, nearly sending you both falling into the waterfall, though you catch your balance without much trouble.

“You came!” she sobs, burying her face into your shoulder. “Someone actually came! Thank Arceus, thank Arceus … it’s been so terrible—”

“Emily, get back!” says the other woman. She strides forward quickly, pulling her companion away from you. “We don’t know if this is a trick, or a trap. It might not be over yet, even now …” She gives you a suspicious look, though it’s mingled with a tinge of fear. “Who are you? And don’t pull any fast ones.”

What will you do?

Stardust Fields

PikaGod: With two of your Pokémon, inexperienced but full of potential, you set off for the relative peace of Stardust Fields. It’s not too far from the Sky Gate, and soon you set foot on the shimmering expanse of the fields, looking on in awe at the spectacle of the place. The ground rises and falls in gentle dips and hills, covered in gentle, pale grass that blends in a variety of colors. Above, the sky hangs night-blue in a starry sky, even though the sun shines brightly in the east. The place is quiet, but not silent, as you can hear a faint ringing reverberate through the calm breeze. Whether its source is some creature or the area itself, the sound makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, though not unpleasantly. All in all, it’s a nice place, such that even Elsa and Pumpkin look around in interest … although it’s hard to tell whether that’s because they’re genuinely impressed or because they’re thinking up new ways to accomplish their own agendas.

Regardless, the three of you set off into the deep day. The grass almost whispers as your feet brush past it, transitioning gradually from pink to green to white to blue to silver. Here and there, strange trees protrude from the ground: some branch toward the sky with clusters of boughs like coral, while others wave in lazy colors like seaweed or the northern lights. Pumpkin floats among these, letting them tickle her sides as she bobs up and down in the air. Elsa looks on with something that might be jealousy, as there are no icy phenomena in sight. It’s hard for you to begrudge your Hoppip, though, even though her distractions slow your progress significantly.

A flash of light in your peripheral vision catches your eye. Looking up, you watch as a shooting star streaks across the sky. This isn’t unusual in and of itself, as it seems that every minute or so a distant comet makes itself known; however, this one doesn’t seem to be simply orbiting the planet, as its shining form grows gradually bigger and brighter. The three of you stand and watch as it gets closer, closer, before disappearing behind a far-off hill with a brilliant flash and a muffled boom. Elsa and Pumpkin ooh and ahh at the display, and without warning dart in the direction of the impact, leaving you behind.

What will you do?

Treepandaone:
(Please link to your trainer post) Having set off in search of the new and wonderful, hoping that you can strengthen your relationship with your Beedrill in the process, you begin your trek through the otherworldly expanse of Stardust Fields. Night is settling in, and the sky, already deep blue, deepens even further to a quiet blackness lit with twinkling stars. The strange vegetation provides a soothing glow, with the pastel grass blending seamlessly into new colors, and with the stiff, spiderweb-like trees emanating a gentle golden glow as they feed on starlight.

You cross one plateau, rife with other bizarre plantlife, before stopping where you stand when the land in front of you gives in to a sudden steep angle. At your side, Hinabi takes a second longer to realize what you’re looking at; luckily, as she’s the hovering type, she doesn’t take a tumble down the abrupt drop. The two of you, deciding it would be best not to take a spill, take a look at the crevasse, which is maybe a quarter mile wide and who knows how long. It isn’t incredibly deep, at least on the side closer to you: you can see the distinct shapes of tents and a cold fire pit just a few yards down. From the shimmering light of the sparse vegetation down there, the camp isn’t very big, with only half a dozen tents or so pitched in a loose group. On the far side of the crevasse, though, the land drops down again, and besides the occasional flicker of pale color, you can’t see a thing over there.

While you muse on this, Hinabi lifts a spear-stinger and points out a bridge connecting the two sides of the crevasse. The bridge isn’t too far away, and while it isn’t easy to see in this light, it isn’t swaying in the breeze. You follow its length to the other side, where the fields continue on in their wondrous beauty.

What will you do?

Forbidden Garden

MarbleZone: Though you clearly don’t trust the strange little man or his riddles, you figure that following his admittedly vague directions is worth the possibility of discovering whatever is behind that door. You summon your Salamence and explain your need for flight, knowing that he’ll understand how important this is to you. Syre prepares himself, and with a mighty downbeat of his wings lifts off into the air. In seconds, the door and the surrounding vegetation falls beneath you into the scenery, and even the tall walls can’t reach your lofty height. A quick look at it from above dashes any chance of flying in from above: the same stone or steel as the walls forms a rough roof that obscures whatever lies inside.

Past this area, the expanse of the Cloud Garden stretches in every direction. Syre catches sight of the Oasis area before you do, taking off toward the thin strip of orange on the horizon. The wind rustles your hair, and you hold on as you look forward, intent on finding the enigmatic keys. Beneath roll the jagged stumps of the
Burnt Forest Wastelands, where you catch sight of the occasional wary Pokemon scurrying from cover to cover.

Eventually the charred earth later gives way to even bleaker conditions in the form of
The Oasis area, its desert sands rolling gently in small hills and dips. You pass the dunes overhead, looking for a sign of relief. Without cloud cover or atmospheric moisture to temper the sunlight, it already beats down more insistently upon the two of you. Syre doesn’t seem to mind the heat, but you start to wonder about sunburns. It’s a good thing you’re flying, covering the distance so quickly; who knows how long it would have taken to cross this desert without transportation?

Syre rumbles beneath you with a growl, catching your attention. You must have dozed off; there’s no telling how long you’ve been flying. You look to Syre, who gestures with his head toward a shimmering patch of water in the distance. An oasis! Even if it might be a mirage, it’s a welcome sight. Then again, if it is a mirage, it won’t be a helpful lead, and there’s probably a real one elsewhere. You’re not sure whether to stop here or to continue on.

What will you do?
Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #1139
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Sorry for the wait! Here are a few more updates for everyone.

Mystery Island

Missingno. Master: Drawn to finding the answer to what entity emanated that light, you direct Hedwig to the exposed cliff, and she swoops downward with a flutter of wings. Mystery Island seems to rise up to greet you, and Hedwig slips like a ghost through the wisps of fog that have been left behind. The wind sings softly as you come closer, whistling in new patterns that drift from the island. Above, the sun is quickly obscured in the haze above, leaving only gray foglight to keep your world from plunging into darkness.

As you descend, the fog slowly, slowly creeps farther away, not fast enough to help you see much more of the bare ground surrounding the waterfall and cliff. Soon enough, you touch down, feeling dwarfed by the sheer size of the island even when it’s hidden in the fog. Not to be deterred, Hedwig, as soon as she sets you down, lifts slightly into the air and flaps her wings, both pairs working in tandem to generate a gentle but insistent gust of wind that billows forth. The fog clears some more, quickly this time, and you watch as more and more of the ground is uncovered, revealing scraggly bushes and brightening the world as some of the fog above is dispersed.

You suddenly catch sight of a figure ahead, revealed as the fog is washed away. The figure, which had been walking off, stops as it notices the movement of the fog in the wave of wind. Uncertain, it turns and approaches you, and you notice for the first time that it’s a Persian. Meowth isn’t so pleased at the sight of it at first, but a quick look lets you take in the scars on its body, which is thin but not emaciated. Parts of an ear and tail are missing, and it looks a little off balance, thanks to a limp and unevenly cut whiskers. It looks at you, more than a little cautiously, and the gem in its forehead flickers with a familiar glow. Not taking its eyes of you, it meows over its shoulder, the sound echoing faintly into the still-clearing fog.

For a minute, nothing happens. Something unseen clatters, and a muffled curse reaches you before two people appear from the fog. They stare at you, though they’re distant enough that neither you nor they can make out any details. The Persian, noticing their stillness, meows again, which is enough to prod one of them into action, sprinting across the earth and sending pebbles flying everywhere. Before you can fully wonder if this was a bad idea, she glomps you, nearly sending you both falling into the waterfall, though you catch your balance without much trouble.

“You came!” she sobs, burying her face into your shoulder. “Someone actually came! Thank Arceus, thank Arceus … it’s been so terrible—”

“Emily, get back!” says the other woman. She strides forward quickly, pulling her companion away from you. “We don’t know if this is a trick, or a trap. It might not be over yet, even now …” She gives you a suspicious look, though it’s mingled with a tinge of fear. “Who are you? And don’t pull any fast ones.”

What will you do?
At Keith's command, Hedwig began to descend towards the decidedly unfamiliar Mystery Island, moving through the fog as the wind sang softly. It was almost eerie, enough to unnerve any normal person. Of course, Keith wasn't exactly normal- though somewhat wary of the unfamiliar location at which they were landing, it couldn't be said that he was scared.

At last, Keith's feet touched solid ground as Hedwig released his shoulders. The fog had started to clear out, but not fast enough for them to get much of a better view of their surroundings. "Man, dis is eerie," Meowth murmured.

"Little bit, yeah," Keith nodded in agreement. "OK, do it, Hedwig," he added.

"Cro," nodded Hedwig as she began flapping her four wings at once. Keith gave a small smile, for the Defog attack was doing its job- the fog was dispersing quicker and quicker, the sun coming through a bit stronger, more of their surroundings becoming visible. And then, Keith saw it- it was a figure walking away from them. As it noticed the effect Hedwig's Defog was having on the fog, however, it turned around and approached Keith, who finally was able to tell exactly what it was- a sleek feline, with fur to match Meowth's, only this one walked on all fours and sported a ruby like gem in its head where Meowth sported a gold coin. The unimpressed grunt Keith heard from the Normal-type on his shoulder confirmed what he had already guessed this to be, and he took out his Pokédex.

"Persian, the Classy Cat Pokémon, and the evolved form of Meowth," droned the device. "Persian is highly temperamental, and attacks with little provocation. The gem in its head is able to glow."

"Yeesh," Keith murmured, glancing curiously at the Persian. "What happened to it?" Meowth looked again at the Persian, and could see what Keith meant- its tail and one of its ears were missing chunks, its body was scarred, it looked a bit thinner than the Persian pictured by the Pokédex (though thankfully not nearly as bad as the Miltank Keith had found being kept beneath Gilded Town), and between its unevenly cut whiskers and the limp it walked with, it looked decidedly off-balance. It had clearly suffered a lot, but from what exactly, they could not say. As Keith, Meowth, and Hedwig looked at the Persian, it looked back at them, a cautious look on its face. And then, without taking its eyes off the newcomers, Persian meowed over its shoulder, the sound echoing through the foggy landscape. Keith turned to Meowth for a translation, but didn't get one- Meowth wasn't paying attention to Keith, and was looking out into the fog.

Keith followed Meowth's gaze, but for a moment, saw nothing. He heard a clattering sound, followed by a muffled voice... and then he saw two more figures coming out of the fog. These were human, or at least Keith believed them to be. In truth, they were too far away for any details to be made out. Persian glanced back at them and meowed again, noticing their apparent reluctance to come forward. Sure enough, this spurred one of them into action- Keith was at least half right, for the one figure to come forward was a woman, who charged at Keith... and hugged him, sobbing, burying her face in his shoulder and thanking Arceus that someone actually came. "I... What..." was all Keith was able to get out before the second figure, another woman, pulled the first one (apparently named Emily) back. She told Emily that they couldn't be sure that this wasn't a trick, or a trap, or if it was even over yet (whatever "it" was, anyway...). She shot Keith a suspicious look, albeit with a bit of fear in the mix, before demanding to know who he was.

"My name is Keith. Keith Masters," Keith replied promptly. Having to deal with the constant suspicious nature of his overly-paranoid Pawniard whenever he got back to his Secret Base, he was no stranger to dealing with those who were suspicious of him. "This here is Meowth," he added, with a glance to the Scratch Cat Pokémon on his shoulder. "And this is Hedwig, my Crobat," he said, gesturing to the Poison/Flying-type hovering beside him. "She just flew me and Meowth here because, well, nobody seems to know anything about this place, so I figured I'd try and explore it. What exactly is going on here, anyway?" he added.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 06-30-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #1140
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Forbidden Garden

MarbleZone: Though you clearly don’t trust the strange little man or his riddles, you figure that following his admittedly vague directions is worth the possibility of discovering whatever is behind that door. You summon your Salamence and explain your need for flight, knowing that he’ll understand how important this is to you. Syre prepares himself, and with a mighty downbeat of his wings lifts off into the air. In seconds, the door and the surrounding vegetation falls beneath you into the scenery, and even the tall walls can’t reach your lofty height. A quick look at it from above dashes any chance of flying in from above: the same stone or steel as the walls forms a rough roof that obscures whatever lies inside.

Past this area, the expanse of the Cloud Garden stretches in every direction. Syre catches sight of the Oasis area before you do, taking off toward the thin strip of orange on the horizon. The wind rustles your hair, and you hold on as you look forward, intent on finding the enigmatic keys. Beneath roll the jagged stumps of the
Burnt Forest Wastelands, where you catch sight of the occasional wary Pokemon scurrying from cover to cover.

Eventually the charred earth later gives way to even bleaker conditions in the form of
The Oasis area, its desert sands rolling gently in small hills and dips. You pass the dunes overhead, looking for a sign of relief. Without cloud cover or atmospheric moisture to temper the sunlight, it already beats down more insistently upon the two of you. Syre doesn’t seem to mind the heat, but you start to wonder about sunburns. It’s a good thing you’re flying, covering the distance so quickly; who knows how long it would have taken to cross this desert without transportation?

Syre rumbles beneath you with a growl, catching your attention. You must have dozed off; there’s no telling how long you’ve been flying. You look to Syre, who gestures with his head toward a shimmering patch of water in the distance. An oasis! Even if it might be a mirage, it’s a welcome sight. Then again, if it is a mirage, it won’t be a helpful lead, and there’s probably a real one elsewhere. You’re not sure whether to stop here or to continue on.

What will you do?
The ride was uneventful, strangely pleasant even. He'd gotten used to flying around on Syre's back by now, but always made sure to remind himself that the majestic dragon was doing him a favor every time - a creature such as him was certainly entitled to refusing passengers, but the Salamence complied every single time.

Which makes this strange feeling all the more unbearable.

He couldn't really explain it, but for a while now, he felt as if Syre, despite his unwavering loyalty, was ultimately unhappy. He never outwardly displayed it, but Levin could tell the elder dragon yearned for something more, something Levin couldn't provide. Nyx once hinted at the Salamence wanting a child of his own, a son to carry on his legacy, but Syre himself never openly expressed such a desire. He was far too proud for that... but Levin couldn't help agreeing with the now-lost Gengar. The Salamence had been a loner for most of his youth, but well into his adult life already, it'd be only natural to seek something beond the life of adventure...

He is one of my absolute strongest, most dependable partners... but do I really own him? Should I?

The conflicting feelings had been haunting him for a while now. But he couldn't afford to pay them any more attention, not this soon after seeing Rojo die before his very eyes. He'd already lost so many friends...

Syre suddenly called him back to reality, snapping him out of his reverie, as he signaled to something in the distance. The forest was now long behind them, and while they crossed the arid desert region of Cloud Garden, a small body of water caught the dragon's attention.

We can both see it; what were the chances of Syre and I experiencing the exact same mirage at the same time? No... that oasis is real. It has to be.

Even if it wasn't, he had to give Syre a break. He needed to recall the dragon and cast away the lingering doubts in his heart. If Nyx was right, and Syre's true hidden desire resided in having a family of his own, he couldn't keep his dragon in chains any longer... but the very idea of parting with him hurt. Right now, he needed to focus on the mission at hand, and give other Pokemon a chance to gain some much needed experience of their own.

- Please take us over to the lake Syre. I want to take a closer look at it, and... you need to rest. I'll try not to bother you again for a while, okay?

The dragon, oblivious to his master's troubles, simply growled and nodded. He descended upon the lake, while Levin went over a phrase in his head. He couldn't afford to forget what he came here to do, after all...

"One into the desert, hidden in relief."

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 06-30-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:49 AM   #1141
Pest
Volcano Badge

MZ: Per your request I've cut your adventure short, but should you feel ready to post another intro here in the future then feel free to do so ^^

DaveTheFishGuy: Look here.

Missingno. Master: Well aware of how to deal with paranoid types, you explain yourself truthfully and concisely. As you’re doing so, Emily seems to be taking the time to calm down, pulling herself together and even smiling as she reaches to scratch the watchful Persian’s ears. The other woman doesn’t seem entirely convinced, but her eyes do linger on Hedwig with a glimmer of … respect? In any case, she doesn’t voice a desire to just turn tail on you, though from what little you’ve gleaned of their situation, they’re not exactly in any position to be picky about the company they keep.

When you ask what’s going on, Emily’s smile fades and her shoulders slump. “I was hoping you could tell us,” she admits. “Everything’s been so insane ever since our airship crashed here. Actually, scratch that—it was weird as soon as a random floating island showed up at all! I didn’t even know that was even possible! You’d think the captain would’ve mentioned that we’d be getting near something like this place.” She brightens a little. “Still, it’s nice to actually meet another real live person here!”

“I still think it’s too good to be true,” the other woman puts in.

Emily rolls her eyes. “Speaking of manners. I’m Emily, and this is my partner Pokemon, Persian.” She pats the cat’s head, though it’s not paying much attention to the conversation; now that its human companions have you firmly in their field of vision, it keeps a watchful eye out for anything that might come charging out of the fog that still hasn’t dissipated. “And Miss Skeptical here is Kate. Don’t let her get to you. She’s just paranoid, that’s all.”

“We’ve seen some things, Emily,” Kate says flatly. “I’m pretty sure you know that paranoia has been justified lately.”

“That’s true.” Emily shivers. “It’s been confusing … unsettling. Like the last several days have been a dream. Or maybe it’s only been hours? Hard to tell when the fog blocks out the sky. All we know for sure is that we were flying close to this island—I don’t think we were supposed to get quite so close—and then there was this sense of … I don’t know. Panic? Sickness? I don’t remember much of what happened. Kate and Persian and I were lucky, I think. We got away from there as fast as we could. Kate’s partner Pokemon, though … we don’t know where he is.” Kate has folded her arms, frowning, but her hands are shaking. “But everywhere we’ve gone, there’ve been shapes and colors and creatures I don’t like the look of. Luckily Persian led us to … is this the edge?” She leans forward on her tiptoes, trying to get a better look at the vanishing rapids of the waterfall. “I think you guys are the first real people we’ve seen in a while.”

“Debatable,” Kate remarks.

Emily pretends not to hear that. “What we’d like is to find the other passengers, make sure they’re all right. Maybe even get the airship working again and get us back on our way. But we don’t know where to look, or even what this place really looks like! And that’s assuming they’re … y’know … alive.” She twiddles her fingers anxiously, then gives you a tentative look. “I don’t suppose you’d be willing to—”

Kate clears her throat, resting her hand on Emily's shoulder. “Here’s an idea, ‘Keith.’ Why don’t you go back to the mainland and find some help? If you’re real, then we can have substantial outside assistance. If you’re not real, which is more likely, that’s one less illusion we have to deal with.”

“Kate, don’t be rude!” Emily chastises, poking her in the arm. “I mean, yeah, it’d be nice if a rescue team could just fly up here, but this is a weird place. It might do something screwy with the geography … aerography? … and they might never find us again. Or even never find this whole island again! And besides …” Here she shoots you a grin. “Keith seems like a capable guy, don’t you think? He must be pretty special to have two partner Pokemon.”

Though she narrows her eyes, Kate doesn’t seem to be able to come up with a counterargument. Both women look at you in anticipation, the one distrusting, the other hopeful, while all around the fog continues to creep ...

Stardust Fields (please reply in Yellow)

PikaGod: Look here.

Treepandaone: Look here.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:48 AM   #1142
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master: Well aware of how to deal with paranoid types, you explain yourself truthfully and concisely. As you’re doing so, Emily seems to be taking the time to calm down, pulling herself together and even smiling as she reaches to scratch the watchful Persian’s ears. The other woman doesn’t seem entirely convinced, but her eyes do linger on Hedwig with a glimmer of … respect? In any case, she doesn’t voice a desire to just turn tail on you, though from what little you’ve gleaned of their situation, they’re not exactly in any position to be picky about the company they keep.

When you ask what’s going on, Emily’s smile fades and her shoulders slump. “I was hoping you could tell us,” she admits. “Everything’s been so insane ever since our airship crashed here. Actually, scratch that—it was weird as soon as a random floating island showed up at all! I didn’t even know that was even possible! You’d think the captain would’ve mentioned that we’d be getting near something like this place.” She brightens a little. “Still, it’s nice to actually meet another real live person here!”

“I still think it’s too good to be true,” the other woman puts in.

Emily rolls her eyes. “Speaking of manners. I’m Emily, and this is my partner Pokemon, Persian.” She pats the cat’s head, though it’s not paying much attention to the conversation; now that its human companions have you firmly in their field of vision, it keeps a watchful eye out for anything that might come charging out of the fog that still hasn’t dissipated. “And Miss Skeptical here is Kate. Don’t let her get to you. She’s just paranoid, that’s all.”

“We’ve seen some things, Emily,” Kate says flatly. “I’m pretty sure you know that paranoia has been justified lately.”

“That’s true.” Emily shivers. “It’s been confusing … unsettling. Like the last several days have been a dream. Or maybe it’s only been hours? Hard to tell when the fog blocks out the sky. All we know for sure is that we were flying close to this island—I don’t think we were supposed to get quite so close—and then there was this sense of … I don’t know. Panic? Sickness? I don’t remember much of what happened. Kate and Persian and I were lucky, I think. We got away from there as fast as we could. Kate’s partner Pokemon, though … we don’t know where he is.” Kate has folded her arms, frowning, but her hands are shaking. “But everywhere we’ve gone, there’ve been shapes and colors and creatures I don’t like the look of. Luckily Persian led us to … is this the edge?” She leans forward on her tiptoes, trying to get a better look at the vanishing rapids of the waterfall. “I think you guys are the first real people we’ve seen in a while.”

“Debatable,” Kate remarks.

Emily pretends not to hear that. “What we’d like is to find the other passengers, make sure they’re all right. Maybe even get the airship working again and get us back on our way. But we don’t know where to look, or even what this place really looks like! And that’s assuming they’re … y’know … alive.” She twiddles her fingers anxiously, then gives you a tentative look. “I don’t suppose you’d be willing to—”

Kate clears her throat, resting her hand on Emily's shoulder. “Here’s an idea, ‘Keith.’ Why don’t you go back to the mainland and find some help? If you’re real, then we can have substantial outside assistance. If you’re not real, which is more likely, that’s one less illusion we have to deal with.”

“Kate, don’t be rude!” Emily chastises, poking her in the arm. “I mean, yeah, it’d be nice if a rescue team could just fly up here, but this is a weird place. It might do something screwy with the geography … aerography? … and they might never find us again. Or even never find this whole island again! And besides …” Here she shoots you a grin. “Keith seems like a capable guy, don’t you think? He must be pretty special to have two partner Pokemon.”

Though she narrows her eyes, Kate doesn’t seem to be able to come up with a counterargument. Both women look at you in anticipation, the one distrusting, the other hopeful, while all around the fog continues to creep ...
Following Keith's simple explanation, Emily started to calm down, though the other woman still didn't seem convinced. She gave Hedwig a look, however, that seemed almost respectful. Either way, Keith could tell that she wasn't about to walk away, even if they seemed to be in a situation where they couldn't really afford to turn down any help... Speaking of which, just what was their situation, anyway?

Unfortunately, as Keith voiced this question, it became clear that they were just as clueless as to what was happening as he was. According to Emily, their airship had crashed onto the island, and things had been weird ever since. Or rather, they got weird as soon as the concept of a floating island entered the picture in the first place. "Yeah, it is a pretty weird concept," Keith agreed. "It's pretty much why I wanted to explore this place in the first place- maybe find out how an island can float like this."

Emily continued on, expressing her happiness at finally seeing another actual person on the island, whereas her companion seemed skeptical as to whether Keith was, in fact, real. Emily rolled her eyes at this and formally introduced herself and her Persian to Keith. She then introduced the other woman as Kate, while explaining that she was paranoid. Kate responded to this by reminding Emily that they've seen things that apparently justify such paranoia.

This made Emily shiver, and she continued to explain- they weren't even sure how long they've been on the island, due to the fog blocking out the sky, whether it's been days or merely hours. What they did know was that they were flying close to the island, and then a sense of panic or perhaps sickness, and then... and then she didn't really remember much about what happened next. They had gotten away from the area as fast as possible, though Kate got separated from her partner Pokémon. And ever since, they'd been seeing all sorts of screwy illusions, though Persian had managed to lead them to where they were, Kate asking whether they were on the edge of the island. "Yeah, this is the edge," Keith confirmed.

After this, Emily added that Keith was probably the first real person they'd seen in a while, at which point Kate argued that this was debatable. Emily ignored her and explained that they'd like to find the other passengers, make sure they're OK, fix their airship if they could, but they were hindered by not knowing where to look, to say nothing of how they didn't even know what the place looked like. Or even if the passengers were still alive. She started to ask whether Keith would be willing to help. Keith opened his mouth to respond, but before he could even start to say "yes", Kate interrupted by clearing her throat. Her idea was, Keith would go back to the mainland and get help- if he was real, they'd have substantial outside assistance, and if not, they'd be rid of yet another illusion. Keith exchanged looks with Meowth, both of them thinking the same thing- this was just the sort of thing Ginny might do in this situation.

Emily didn't seem to agree with Kate's plan. She asserted that if Keith left, there was every possibility he might not find the place again, and nor would any possible assistance he'd be able to round up. She also voiced the opinion that Keith seemed capable enough to help out. Kate clearly didn't think so, though her lack of retort told Keith she couldn't think of an argument.

"Honestly? I think Emily's right," Keith stated. "I mean, I don't know that this island will vanish or move or something, but I also don't know that it won't."

"Besides which," Meowth added, looking at the Crobat. "Hedwig seems a bit insulted dat Kate don't seem ta tink she constitutes substantial outside assistance." Keith looked at Hedwig- indeed, she had an indignant expression on her face.

"That sounds about right," Keith agreed. Then, as something occurred to him, he turned back to Emily and Kate. "And yes, my Meowth can talk," he added to them, more specifically to Kate. "I know that's far from normal, but the fact remains that he can talk, and I'll gladly tell you how it happened, but first things first- yes, I'll be glad to help you out any way I can, except leaving the island, since there's no guarantee it'll be here when I get back. And Hedwig here is one of my strongest Pokémon- I can think of several ways she can help us get around on this island."

"Cro. Bat," Hedwig nodded in agreement.

"Then it's settled," Keith nodded back. "Hedwig, see how big a dent you can put in this fog with your Defog attack. If it's not much, then I'm thinking try to locate anyone you can with Supersonic." Then he turned to the more paranoid of the two women. "Kate, what kind of Pokémon is your partner, anyway?" Keith asked. "If we're gonna try and find him, might help if I knew what we were looking for, y'know?"

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 03-15-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #1143
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:

Rainbow Waterfalls: A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.

So, ready to get started? The only thing left to do is choose an area to let your adventure begin. Enjoy![/size]

Bill once again decided to tackle the Cloud Gardens after that disasterous fiasco in the Forbidden Forest. This time though he decided to check out an area rumored to have lots of caves and secrets, the Rainbow Waterfall. Coming along with him was his first Pokemon and best friend, Silver, his Blastoise. As they approached the destination, they looked up to see the dancing colors all in the sky, it really was a sight to behold. Although, he was here for the secrets and whatnot, the real reason why he was excited to be here was because he felt like he really needed a vacation, after all the grand adventures and ghastly ghouls that he had to deal with recently.

"Blastoise" Silver said in awe of the view of the gushing waters flowing over the cliffside. They had both heard the stories, but stories are no substitute for experiencing it for themselves. The sound of the water falling, the sight of the rainbows themselves, even the sound of the tourists that had gathered for the same view had some relaxing aura that helped relieve a lot of the stress the two had been through ever since they both stumbled upon this land of "Fizzy Bubbles".

"You said it, buddy," Bill replied. Had it been a few years back, he would not have thought twice about the natural beauty of the falls, but now he can really appreciate it. He had heard that it's a popular destination, and it showed. He reached into his backpack to pull out a video camera. This time he was not going to let a little something like "disappearing ruins" get in the way this time. "Well, Silv, ready to head out?"

"Blast!" the Pokemon responded in a very excited tone. The two headed off towards the falls, ready for some good old fashioned spelunking, cave exploring, and possibly meeting a few cave Pokemon here and there. Bill really hoped that this adventure would be relaxing, if at least compared to the other adventures.

$>300

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by enchantress; 03-15-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #1144
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
(OOC: Cancelling my previous adventure here in the gardens to instead go to...)

Quote:
Burnt Forest Wastelands: Not much is known about this baron, sandy, dusty, dirty, burnt area. Some say it was once a lush, green forest that was the battlefield between two powerful fire pokemon. Now all that is left is burnt trees and charred earth.

Though the trees that stood in the area looked like they were burnt long, long ago, Dan could swear he still smelt the acrid smoke of a fresh fire rising up from somewhere in the charred wasteland that he found surrounded him. He hoped his nose was just playing tricks on him - he'd not be surprised, given the nature of the place. Originally, he'd planned to go to the Cloud Forest, but now he'd actually taken the time to look at his map he confirmed that - unless it had quickly been consumed in a horrendous fire and aged absurdly fast - he'd taken a very severe wrong turn.

"Business as usual, then..." He let out a sigh, and looked up above the scorched treeline. The sky was stained a glorious shade of amber as the sun was inching it's way down past the horizon. Sunset would surely soon be upon him, and as unique an atmosphere as it would be, he had no desire to go wandering through a spooky dead forest all night. "I'd better set up a camp.", he sighed. At least he wouldn't have to do it all alone, though...

He reached to his belt, grabbed one of the several Poke Balls adorning it, and threw it up into the sky. In a brilliant flash of blue light, the pokemon within was released; an Emolga, who excitedly flew right out of his ball, gliding acrobatically around a couple trees before coming to a stop at Dan's feet. This was Clyde, a highly excitable little devil of a pokemon; and, hopefully, one able to lend him a hand at this particular time. Clyde looked up at his trainer quizzically, raising the small pair of pilot goggles that adorned his eyes up to his forehead, wondering what today's business was.

"Alright, little buddy, it looks like we're gonna have to stay the night here. Help me gather up some firewood. Try and focus on finding some dead branches on the ground, or something - we need some tinder. I think I should be able to handle gathering us up some kindling, though. Sound like a plan to you?" The electric squirrel made a brief "Emol!" of agreement with his trainer's idea, and then he shot off like a rocket - though never straying too far, scouring the area all around his trainer for any firewood he could find. The two set off together, and Dan crossed his fingers, hoping that they would be more likely to stumble into what he needed for a fire pit than any kind of trouble that might be lurking in the scorched woods before him.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 03-29-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:07 AM   #1145
Tenorphin
Boulder Badge

Quote:
CLOUD GARDEN

Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

Areas:

Sky Gate: The entrance to this wonderful world, here you will find your pokemon centre and any other things you may need before setting out on your adventure. There are several paths leading away from the Sky Gate and if you want you can hire a guide to help you with your travels, but they may ask for something in return.
So this is how Sky Gate looks like, Stefan ponders quietly as he stepped towards the monumental gate. He had just arrived through the sky ship from the nearest city that provides the service. The service was a nightmare, he thought, They at least could've told me nicely to let Cotton back in her Pokeball. Stefan lets out a loud yawn, and with a sleight of hand got hold of Cotton's Pokeball and threw it about 5 feet in front. "Were you alright in there, Cotton-lotton?" Stefan ruffled his shiny Mareep on her belly. Sensing a slight tingle in his own body, Stefan immediately stopped in order to not get zapped and looking like a fool being paralyzed by his own Pokemon. Cotton simply looked at Stefan with its round eyes and blinked. "So, where shall we head to first? Pokemon centre? We could rest up before we do any preparation to go to the Wastelands." Stefan suggested, knowing that he needs the rest as travelling always tire him out. If he had gone straight to the shops to prepare, he might pass out. Sensing Stefan's intention, Cotton let out a yawn, which Stefan took as a confirmation.

Passing through the gate was pretty straight forward. Stefan recalled Cotton temporarily into her Pokeball and scanned his ID card at the automated gateway before walking through it. He doesn't want her Static ability to cause machinery malfunctions. As it is, quite a number of technology inventions don't work with Cotton in close proximity. "Hey, Cotton, you want some snacks before heading to the Pokemon Centre?" Stefan opened up a bag of dried pickled apples as he sat on the brown wooden bench by the vending machine. If the rumor is true, I might be able to find relics in the forest before it became the wasteland that it is now. It doesn't make sense that nothing has grown in that place ever since the destruction if the vitality of the soil is not suppressed, he was deep in thought with the possible discoveries and became slightly more enthusiastic as he chuckled to himself.

Feeding the last slice of pickled apple to Cotton, Stefan ruffled Cotton's hair and asked her, "Shall we check out the Pokemon Centre now?"

$>300
The Cloud Garden
Spoiler: show
Cotton
Level 14

Last edited by enchantress; 03-22-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #1146
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
The Space Path: A mysterious semi-transparent golden path that seemingly leads off into space. Where does it end? Nobody knows because anyone who has ever ventured along it has never returned. Who knows what you may find out there…..
Luther C. Helford stood in front of the mysterious golden gate with a smile on his face. That he would find himself adventuring like a child once again, was something he never imagined he would do. But reent events demanded he reignited his battling passion, honed his skills and sated his Dark Pokemon's urges - because the true battle ahead, against the pro-human terrorist group The Rift, demanded Luther be at his best.

That isn't all. They craved it, a life outside the Tower. Business, economics, the trifling matters of Man mean nothing to my dear friends. Pokemon as overwhelmingly powerful as these aren't made to be locked away in Pokeballs...

- ... isn't that so, Ruin?

The massive Hydreigon roared in agreement. This was Luther's special skill - Pokemon understood him, and he understood them, without sharing a common language. It had been this way since he could remember, and it allowed him to be more in tune with his dark creatures' desires and needs than any other Trainer could ever hope to be. Even a Pokemon who'd belong to someone else for such a long time, Levin Sanders in this case, had failed to bond with its previous master as it already had with Luther.

- Luckily Levin was wise enough to know where you belonged. Come now, let's pass this strange gate and see what lies beyond.

He wasn't particularly excited at exploring Fizzy Bubbles per se, such curiosity wasn't in his blood - not anymore, at least. But his Pokemon needed freedom, a chance to explore the world they would one day conquer. This was the first step in that direction, and towards their mutual improvement to overcome the nefarious Rift.

A challenge for another day. Right now, we brave the Space Path and the delightful darkness that spreads ahead, the wonders of its shadows.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 03-25-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:01 PM   #1147
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Delibird Ridge: A nesting ground for bird pokemon. A large area of jutting rocks and crevasses where many a bird pokemon have called their home. Set into the clifftops it has become a popular spot for pokemon watchers and explorers that visit the Caverns in the mountainside.
“The Delibird Ridge seems to be as grandiose as described by many of the trainers encountered during my journey.” Aposteriori sees the immersive area as a chance to gain new knowledge of migrating birds. There seems to be unlimited potential for what he can actually accomplish. Feeling giddy, the trainer starts to explore the area.

“I wonder what we will encounter Fafnir. This seems like a good starting point for some great sightseeing. If you look up in the sky, you can see figures roaming. Not sure if they are pokemon or not; could be a plane.” After all, what the trainer plan to encounter is completely up to the whim. There is nothing that would stop a researcher from exploring it appears that, here at Delibird Ridge, there is plenty to walk around and explore. With an extension of his arms, Aposteriori takes in the air of the scenery, and deep breath to appreciate what is around.

The Druddigon named Fafnir was adopted by the trainer not that long ago. Aposteriori has decided to bring her along so they can mutually get to know each other. Though, it seems that she is fairly young, and has a lot to learn about the world of pokemon. No stress, the researcher himself has plenty to learn. At first, Aposteriori did not know how to interpret her lonely personality, trying always his best to cheer her up, but slowly he began to understand her emotional quotient, and how she perceives the world around her. Without taking it personally, Aposteriori has offered Fafnir enough support to make things work. With a melancholy smirk, Fafnir looks motivated enough to walk around and explore along her trainer.

The trainer and the Druddigon take a couple of steps, looking at the sky until they come to halt, staring at each other before deciding which way to go.

Pokemon:

Fafnir: Lv. 1 Female Druddigon

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 03-22-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #1148
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Comet's Corner: A flat plateau that overlooks most of the Cloud Gardens. Many people say that during quiet, cloudless nights the skies are lit up in a display of shooting stars, some even say that mystical pokemon have appeared during these star storms.

It was quiet, the air being cool and crisp. The sky was filled with the flickering lights of stars, and the plateau served as a beacon to see the rest of the mystical Cloud Gardens. Austin sat on the cold, hard ground as he gazed up at the stars. What as up there? Was there something else in the vast abyss of space? He couldn't tell, but it was... soothing. He rolled down the sleeves of his blazer, the cool air starting to turn a bit colder. He didn't mind the cold, but, he rather not risk anything. He looked around the small refuge he created for himself. It was paltry at best, but it did the job. His bag was right next to him, and a sleeping bag was rolled up next to the backpack. It was tempting to just curl up and fall asleep, but he came up here for one reason... To possibly see the mythical stars showering down. It might happen, it might not, but the journey itself would be more important.

Fire, he wanted fire. His urges were hard to control, especially those involving his mental conditions. Pyromania was always whispering into his ears... Telling him to set things ablaze and to burn all of his worries away. It doesn't help it flares up when he's drinking (his rather illegal) alcohol. He isn't even allowed to drink with his medication... but... What's the point of that? He left all of that behind; the doctors, the city, so he could experience freedom. Virbank was a prison, and his was the escape Austin so desperately needed. It was something that he'd rather have left forgotten... But he can't. Whatever was in his mind... He needed to know what was within. Before he turned himself into ash...

Suddenly, a noise shook him out of his brooding thoughts, causing the teenager to look over. Austin saw the bright, flickering light of Wisp head towards him. The waxy candle hopped on over, the small ghost type sliding a bit every time he landed. The brunet watched as the Litwick stopped in front of him, and started to try and cheer him up. Wisp made silly faces and various different noises, and even impersonated his melancholic trainer. Nothing could, however, get rid of the dark feeling within Austin's heard. He gave a small, glum smile as he spoke to the Pokemon.

"Thanks Wisp... I guess you're right, I can't brood on things. But, what do I do then? I'm just scared... I'm scared of myself and I'm scared of the future. I guess... that's why I dragged us all the way up here. To hopefully see the famed showers that are said to happen here. Just to experience it, I guess?" he told the small candle, but both trainer and Pokemon knew it was to more reassure Austin than Wisp.

The small candle just nodded in agreement, and jumped into his trainers lap. The warmness of the wax enveloped his legs, the Litwick molding to his form. He felt the soul fire... It was a feeling that was hard to describe. A mixture of tranquility and eagerness. Was this how they prepared their food? Austin didn't know, but he knew Wisp wouldn't do that to him. Trainer and Pokemon looked up skyward, hopeful for what was next.

$>300

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by enchantress; 03-22-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #1149
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.
Stretching as he yawns, Ricardo slowly makes his way through the entrance way to the Cloud Forest, looking around on all sides as the drowsiness slowly leaves his body. Getting here had been something of a trek, and the exhaustion of it all had begun to fully set into the young man's body despite his good physical form. Shaking himself briefly, he blinks himself fully awake, giving two sharp slaps to his cheeks. With a wide grin on his face and a renewed sparkle in his eye, he makes to set further into the forest, but he is abruptly stopped by movement on his belt. With a flash of crimson energy, one of his newest partners hovers in the air before him, leering with suspicious eyes.

- What are we doing here? We shouldn't be frolicking around here. You'll end up lost. I won't help you -

Wincing from the abrupt intrusion into his mental space, Ricardo frowns at Mistral, the Shuppet sharing the same distasteful look. The two had become recently acquainted, and their personalities had instantly clashed. Mistral was an absolute cynic, though his reasons for being so were well documented, whereas Ricardo was the epitome of optimist. Mistral favoured treachery and subterfuge, while Ricardo would charge headfirst into every obstacle and challenge which presented itself to him. Despite this, the pair seemed to form an instant connection ... which came with the side effect of telepathic communication on the part of Mistral.

- Well? Are you going to answer me, or just stand there with that dumb look on your face all day? -

Despite the harsh words, Ricardo found himself grinning wide as he looks back towards Mistral, opening his arms and indicating all around in a simple motion. The pale light was cascading down through the overhanging canopy, and the sounds of the forest were alive on all sides, Pokemon and nature living in harmony.

"You can't tell me that you're completely against all this. The entire place just reeks of adventure, doesn't it?"

A curt grumble from Mistral is the only response, the Shuppet clearly not wanting to indulge his trainer in further conversation. With a loud chuckle, Ricardo thrusts his arm into the air as he begins stomping further into the forest, striking out deeper into the heart of the surroundings.

"Come on Mistral, let's forge a new story!"

Profile.

$>300

Last edited by enchantress; 03-29-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #1150
Pest
Volcano Badge

Welcome to the Cloud Garden! If you've made an intro post and I haven't picked you up, don't worry - Rakurai's got you covered. Give me a holler if you have any questions or something looks off.

Sky Gate (please reply in Sky Blue)

Tenorphin: You make your way through the towering gate and enter the Cloud Garden with Cotton at your side, pleased to be done with the nonsense of aerial travel for the time being. Around you mill your fellow former passengers, who eagerly drink up the strange new sights. And what sights they are! Even though you’ve all barely passed through the gate, you can already see distant wonders that can reduce the most grizzled traveler to a wide-eyed tourist: the lofty plateau of Comet’s Corner, the stern visage of Delibird Ridge, and even the golden streak of the Space Path vanishing into the infinite sky. Wondrous as these sights are, though, you and the other passengers of the sky ship are aware of how easy it can be to get lost, and how difficult it can be to reach their goal — or safety, for that matter. And that’s where the Pokemon Center comes in.

Refreshed from your snack of pickled apple, you and Cotton make your way toward the Pokemon Center. An array of buildings surround it to form a sizable town, born from the attractive prospect of selling souvenirs to eager visitors. Many people head toward hotels as they’re here for little more than sight-seeing, but you’re here for adventure and exploration. Thus, you want to touch base with the Center instead.

As soon as you step inside, you’re struck by how still it seems — outside there’s a small but constant breeze, making this place seem especially nice and warm in comparison. A few trainers are sitting around in the lobby, whether they’re waiting for an injured Pokemon, catching a few minutes for a video game, or just idly lounging on a couch. A tough-looking guy dozes in the corner, his cowboy hat obscuring his face. Behind the counter, a nurse waves farewell to a relieved trainer and his Glameow; over to the side, a couple of kids hover around a bulletin board, discussing something about guides. All and all, it’s pretty calm and inviting as far as hubs of activities go, although a couple of people’s gazes keep gravitating back toward your Mareep’s unusual coloring … and you can’t help but feel like some eyes are on you as well ...

DaveTheFishGuy: Look here.

Missingno. Master: As you agree to lend whatever help you can, Emily practically beams, ruffling Persian’s fur excitedly for lack of anything else to do with her hands. Kate doesn’t look particularly happy, but between being outnumbered and having the chance to find her partner again, she just settles for a halfhearted shrug. Neither so much as bats an eye at the revelation that Meowth can talk, though Persian looks a little skeptical.

You all turn to start your trek away from Mystery Island’s edge. Hedwig flutters in front of your group, pumping her wings in another round of Defog. The fog around you, which had been sluggishly crawling away from the gusts of the first Defog, billows suddenly at the new gusts of wind, rolling back much more quickly as if startled. Your view of the island expands, revealing grass-marked terrain sloped slightly upward, marked with the footprints of your new companions. Working from the waterfall backward, you can see a churning river gurgling with the chilly waters of a distant peak. “My partner?” Kate says, watching as the receding haze reveals thickening vegetation. “He’s a Ninjask. One of the fastest Pokemon there is, so he has to have escaped.” She pauses. “Probably.”

At your command, Hedwig emits a chittering, high-pitched sound wave just within the range of hearing; the faintest of ripples in the air expands rapidly as her Supersonic sweeps over the stillness. All of you listen carefully for the inevitable echo, even though you know you won’t hear anything of the sort. Only Hedwig’s ears twitch in response, and her gaze sweeps across the island before fastening on a spot to the left. With a chitter, she sets off in that direction, and the rest of you follow, parallel to the river.

After a few steps, you see what the women meant by feeling lost in a haze — not literally, as the fog in your immediate vicinity has been reduced to a few curling wisps tethered stubbornly to the earth, but mentally. Nevertheless, you press on with your companions, trekking through a stretch of yellow-green grass that grows longer and greener the farther you move from the edge of the island, its blades waving gently as Hedwig’s Defog continues to clear the way. You all continue uphill for a good distance before the land slopes back down … and up … and down … and up … sometimes rolling gently, sometimes angling much more steeply. The river continues to flow across the terrain regardless of gravity, treating you to the unusual sight of water moving uphill.

Emily gasps suddenly, drawing your attention. Inches in front of your group is a sudden drop-off, the land below covered in a thickly forested area. Acres of broad green leaves stretch out before you, with every tree the exact height of its neighbor … except for a particularly tall one about half a mile out. Around it is wrapped the pitiful-looking wreckage of an enormous white and blue construct, obscuring the mountain peak which seems even farther away than before.

“That can’t be right,” Kate mutters. “I thought we came from the other way …”

Emily rubs her arms, warding off a shiver. “It’s happening again.” She seems about to launch into hysterics, but then is distracted when Persian bares his teeth in a snarl. “What …?” When the big cat leaps down the cliffside, the women waste no time in going after him. You follow as well, with Hedwig helpfully bringing you down.

Once back on solid ground, surrounded by trees that are much more shadowy-looking from within, you see the problem. The good news is that you’ve found Ninjask. The bad news is that it’s pinned down under the foot of a rough-looking Rhydon, who seems none too pleased to be interrupted at this moment of triumph. Something is off about this Rhydon as well: while the species isn’t known for its intelligence to begin with, there’s a look in its eyes that’s positively empty. While it sizes you up, Persian suddenly leaps forward — not to land a sudden blow on the rhino, but to intercept an orb of eerie darkness that was headed right for Kate! The Shadow Ball seeps deep into the big cat’s fur, making him screech and shiver, while his attacker steps out from behind Rhydon: a Kirlia whose expression looks equally blank. Not amused, Persian charges at the twirling little twerp, with Emily encouraging him: “Don’t let it freak you out, Persian! Hit it with a Slash, followed up with, uh, a Bite!”

Kate, stunned at the sight of her partner so badly beaten, barely even notices the close encounter with the ghostly move. Rhydon, not caring one iota, lets Ninjask lie there in the dirt for the moment as it decides to charge at you instead ...

Stardust Fields (please reply in Yellow)

PikaGod: Look here.

Treepandaone: Look here.

Comet’s Corner (please reply in Red)

Lil’twick: Out here, far from the trappings of civilization, you leave behind the tragedies of your past, but their results aren’t so easy to escape. Even in the middle of nowhere, a part of you is coaxed toward setting the world alight. Up on the broad plateau of Comet’s Corner, not much looks flammable aside from the occasional brush here and there, but even that presents a hazard. As you and Wisp gaze up into the depths of the night sky, watching the distant stars twinkle against the unfathomable blackness of space, you take comfort in his presence. In the late hour’s chill, his waxy body provides a little anchor to reality, soothing and warm.

Overhead, the stars gradually become brighter, as if they’re truly waking up. Their brilliance soon casts a calm, gentle light on the plateau, eclipsing even the waning moon. The night air floats lightly in a gentle breeze, and you are starting to be lulled to sleep when the first shooting star streaks silently across the sky. Barely has it vanished behind the horizon before another star shoots past as well. More soon follow, as if they were waiting for the first to set an example, and you and Wisp find yourself entranced in the stellar display.

You don’t notice the errant star at first, as it’s one out of dozens of lights, but before long the strange pattern of its flight becomes more noticeable as it moves through an erratic cycle of speeding, slowing, and abruptly changing direction. As seconds pass, it grows even brighter than the other shooting stars, and suddenly you realize that that’s because it’s getting closer! Before you can react, it smashes into the ground with a brilliant flash, and you flinch at the sudden brightness and sound of the crash. As the night grows dim again and your eyes adjust, you notice that the impact site is several yards away. Curious, Wisp jumps out of your lap and starts hopping toward it; you can’t help but follow, jogging close behind.

Wafting curls of smoke greet you as you approach. Peering down at the not-too-deep crater, you soon come to realize that the “star” is in fact a flickering green Protect shield, which doesn’t stay up much longer before winking out of existence. Within are three Pokemon, each wearing a diamond-shaped sticker and exhausted to varying degrees. A Roggenrola lies unconscious, while a Chimecho floats listlessly a couple inches above the rubble in the crater, looking just about to drop. The most conscious is a weary and burned Voltorb, sparking in attempt to stay alert. Noticing that it’s not alone, the red and white ball glares up at you, but isn’t in any condition to put up a fight … at least, that’s the case until the Chimecho squeezes its eyes shut, concentrates to the best of its ability, and summons a shimmering pink sparkle the size of a walnut, which arcs over to bop Voltorb between the eyes. Immediately a wave of pink light sweeps over its body, and even as Chimecho finally succumbs to exhaustion, Voltorb hovers out of the pit looking good as new, fully conscious and healthy thanks to its companion’s Healing Wish. Voltorb crackles with energy, determined to defend the other two with all its newfound strength ...

Delibird Ridge (please reply in Burly Wood)

Aposteriori: The jagged heights of Delibird Ridge are awe-inspiring, their sharp cliff edges standing starkly against a cloud-strewn sky. To you, they represent a dual opportunity — the prospect of learning more about both the habits of winged Pokemon in general, and the nature of one winged dragon in particular. Fafnir eyes the distant shapes of fluttering birds, which likely remain distant for good reason: even at a young age, she still cuts an imposing shape, all rough scales and sharp claws. The two of you don’t know each other very well yet, but she seems ready to face this trek and all it represents.

The morning is well under way as the two of you draw near, searching for a sign of some trail. Even at the foot of the mountain, the rocky ground already slopes upward, steeper and steeper. There’s a challenge even in reaching the lowest ledge, much less the lofty height of the ridge itself. With this in mind, you and Fafnir scan the scene before you in hopes of finding a manageable path. Soon you spot a dusty trail not far off winding its way up the mountain, and you set forth to start your adventure.

For the next several minutes you hike up the path, looking around at the surrounding rugged beauty. The plant life gradually becomes sparser the further up you go, but that doesn’t affect the fauna in the slightest: birds flutter past the cliffside, on the lookout for their next meal. There’s a surprising variety of wildlife in the place, from the ever-adaptable Pidgey to a few species that would seem more at home in some other biome. The Pokemon keep their distance — they’ve seen quite a few humans in their time — but they’re not so far off that you can’t enjoy watching them go about their lives.

After some time, you start to hear voices not too far away. They’re not particularly loud, but they’re certainly argumentative. And soon, as you’ve walked further still, you round a rocky bend only to see a pair of trainers glaring at each other, both probably still in their mid to late teens. The girl is fully decked out in hiking gear, with her bubblegum-pink hair tied back in a ponytail; the guy, wearing shorts and a T-shirt, looks like he’d gotten dressed under the assumption that Delibird Ridge is a modest dune overlooking a sandy beach. Before you can skirt past them, the two of them notice you, the girl’s brow furrowing while the guy’s eyes light up. “Ha!” he crows, gesturing toward you. “I told you it’d be no big deal to run into someone else! I can work with this guy, no problem.” He shoots you a grin. “You like hang gliding, right?”
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records