UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:56 AM   #251
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99 View Post
Telusian Fieldsplease reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
Ed and Josh balk when they see the terrifying Haxorus, fully grown and roaring loudly. From your face it must be clear that there’s nothing lighthearted in the battle that’s about to unfold, unlike how Ed and Josh had been just now. “Hey hey hey,” Ed protests. “What the hell are you doing? I said a battle, not dinner!”

“‘Kid’, huh,” Josh says, his smile strained and slipping. “Looks like that kid’s travelled way further than you have.”

“Are we really going to debate my choice of words?” Ed turns to you. “I don’t know why you’re so angry but put the Haxorus away and let’s talk, alright? Nobody gets hurt, everybody wins.”

But you’ve already given your orders. Norbert Taunts the Claydol, vile Pokéspeak pouring out of his mouth in a language few can understand, but the Claydol understands well enough, and its hold over the buckets wavers. Success! ...or maybe not, when in a flash Nona grabs them again with the stronger Psychic, and launches them at your Haxorus! The first bucket slams Norbert across the face, almost bowling him over, and he roars again this time in pain before the second strikes! It’s a hit across the torso. Pecha Berries fly everywhere and as Norbert staggers for real, Ed runs in to salvage what’s left, risking his life in the process. No sooner has he grabbed the half-empty buckets than does Norbert recover, stomping over to the Claydol to give it a solid X-Scissor. The Claydol cries out in pain, no longer furious, and again when Norbert’s Aqua Tail lands, the startlingly accurate Haxorus that he is.

Josh finally intervenes. “Nona, use your Dazzling Gleam!”

The Claydol looses a burst of pink energy, Dazzling Norbert while injuring him further. Both Pokemon have suffered huge blows this round, while it’s clear Norbert has the upper hand, perhaps due to a hidden level advantage.

Meanwhile you’ve tasked Hermione with battling the errant Skiploom. The Weedle’s String Shot flies out with pinpoint accuracy and the Skiploom is well and truly ensnared, the light creature struggling like a balloon in a windstorm as it tries to break free, succeeding, but not before Hermione’s Gummi Bomb hurls into it with a messy splat.

“Oh all right, we’ll have a battle, you and me. But leave Nona out of this, alright? She’s a worker, not a fighter. Means she’s worth money to us farmers.”

Ed continues, “Skippy! Aerial Ace and Sleep Powder, make it quick.”

Skippy is clearly weighed down by the sticky mass clinging to her, but it doesn’t inhibit her mobility too much as she zooms in for an Aerial Ace. The hit strikes true and Hermione reels. Incited, she rears up for an Ice Beam! Poor Skiploom is left to cope with its double weakness as it skids away. Luckily for her, there’s no lasting ice to deal with. You wonder where the Sleep Powder went; it must’ve been blasted away by the Ice Beam.

Tackle the ground or somethang! Get that stuff off ya!”

Although it wouldn’t ordinarily have worked, the Ice Beam seems to have left the gluey Gummi Bomb hard and rather fragile. It smashes across the hard dirt and… doesn’t explode. Ed sighs with relief.

“Alright Skippy, keep your distance. Cotton Spore, then two Confusions.”

Nearby, it seems Josh has taken charge of Nona the Claydol. “I’m not cut out for this,” he sighs. “Alright Nona. Imprison the Aqua Tail, then Rock Tomb, then take the chance for a Cosmic Power.”

To you he shouts, “Come on boy, call off your Haxorus. If yer just looking for a fight, there’s Goodbattle Town just down the road. Let us lowly farmers make a living, eh?”

You suddenly realise your whole ‘charge-out-of-the-bushes-and-attack’ routine has made you appear more than a little demented.

What will you do?
Keith couldn't help but grin as he saw Ed and Josh's reactions to the supposed "kid" sending out a fully-grown Haxorus. Perhaps less so as Ed decided to continue playing dumb. "You don't know why?" Keith repeated. "Tauros shit. I overhear you guys plotting to steal the berries, and you wonder why I'm trying to stop you? Please. I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night!"

The battle got underway! Norbert's Taunt may not have been in a language Keith could understand, but Meowth was giving Nona a look that clearly said the Claydol just got served. Unfortunately, this didn't have quite the effect Keith was hoping for- Nona did indeed stop Telekinesis... only to go into a Psychic attack instead and launch the buckets at Norbert! Roaring in response to this, the Haxorus unleashed the super effective moves Keith had ordered from it. And then Josh ordered a move from Nona- Dazzling Gleam. The super effective move hit Norbert for some major damage, but from Keith's point of view, the Haxorus seemed to have the upper hand. Not that it surprised Keith any- he raised his Haxorus well, his power on par with that of some of Keith's strongest Pokémon.

In the meantime, Hermione and Skiploom were facing off, and the Weedle was doing pretty well for herself. String Shot and Gummi Bomb were both perfectly aimed, and Skiploom couldn't seem to get out of the tangled mess. Ed implored Keith to leave the Claydol out of the fight before giving Skiploom orders. The Aerial Ace hit its mark- surprisingly effective coming from such a light Pokémon. Keith gritted his teeth, but Hermione recovered from the blow well enough. "Alright, Hermione! Now, Ice Beam, go!" Keith ordered.

"Weedle... WEEEEDLE!!" Hermione exclaimed as she charged up and released the frozen blast of energy, blasting Skiploom back, and, Keith could only assume, blowing the Sleep Powder away. Ed's next order was for Skiploom to Tackle the ground to get the String Shot and Gummi Bomb off. And unusually, it worked- for the Gummi Bomb, anyway. The Ice Beam rendered it hard and fragile, and Skiploom was able to dislodge the frozen explosive, whereupon it skidded across the ground, and did not explode.

After the men gave more orders, Josh called out to Keith, imploring him to call Norbert off and let the farmers make a living. To this Keith did not reply right away, still seething at just how stupid they seemed to think he was, like what they had been saying couldn't possibly have been overheard by anyone.

"Eh, Keith?" Meowth said. "Just an observation, but, uh... I tink ya may have come off as kinda... demented, da way ya just burst in and started attackin'."

Keith considered this. "It's possible," he conceded. "But then, I must've come off the same way to Heatran, back in Mt. Aduro. I don't honestly give a Raticate's ass what the bad guys think of me, Meowth." He then turned to Ed and Josh. "You guys want me to call off my Haxorus? Give me one good reason," he said. "And for the love of Arceus, don't pretend you weren't saying what I heard you saying. I don't know who this Ron person is, nor do I know what kind of crap went on that led to you two trying to make off with half his Pecha crop and hope he blames it on a bad crop, but what I do know is, if you guys don't have a damn good reason for this kind of thievery, Norbert here's got my permission to go all-out."

"Haxor!" Norbert nodded in agreement with his Trainer's words.

"That said," Keith added, "if it turns out you guys actually have a legitimately good reason for this, or else if this turns out to be some sort of colossal misunderstanding on my part, I'll withdraw Norbert with my sincere apologies. But don't think this is your chance to lie your way out of petty thievery, because- gah!" At that moment, another Poké Ball on Keith's belt burst open. Keith jumped in surprise initially, but then as he saw the flash of light form the shape of a Swoobat, he gave a small chuckle. "You're good, Luna," he grinned. "You are really, really good."

In response, Luna the Swoobat telepathically spoke to her Trainer. I knew you were about to call me out so I could act as a lie detector, so I figured I'd save you the trouble.

"Can you do it, then?" Keith asked his Swoobat. "I'll need to know whether they're being honest, on the off chance that this is one colossal misunderstanding, y'know?"

I think so, Luna replied with her usual smile and a nod. Keith nodded back, then he and Luna both turned to Ed and Josh, awaiting their answer, Luna's head tilted as it always was when she was sensing someone's thoughts and emotions.

Hermione, meanwhile, eyed the Skiploom warily. The orders had been given, it was entirely possible Skiploom would attack while Keith awaited the men's answer. And he hadn't given her any orders... Of course, it's not like she relied entirely on Keith's orders. If she had to take matters into her own stingers, then that's what she would do. She kept a watchful eye on Skiploom, waiting to see whether it would attack in the meantime. If it wasn't going to attack, than neither would she. Of course, at the first sign of Cotton Spore, Hermione intended to counter with a Firestream attack, and follow up with a combination of Flash and Copycat to hopefully make the Confusion attacks misfire.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:01 AM   #252
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Telusian Fields please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
You lay your cards out on the table, so to speak, describing exactly what you heard and what you’ll do if no one fesses up to the crime. Josh, the man championing the Claydol, winces when you get to the specifics, like Ron’s name and ‘blame it on a poor crop’. Ed’s face is grim. Not only are they uneasy, they’re afraid. Of who or what in particular, you don’t know. Maybe it’s the Haxorus. Maybe it’s you. Maybe… if they truly are criminals… it’s of being called out. Who knows? At any rate your Swoobat, Luna, floats nearby, ready to function as a living lie detector. However due to her relative inexperience you know she’ll only be able to do one task at a time.

For now though, Norbert and Hermione are drawn off the attack. During your speech at least. After listening to it all Ed hollers, “Skippy, Nona, standby.” It appears Nona actually belongs to Ed, or perhaps both, men.

“We hear you, boy, we hear you. Thank you for stopping to listen,” Josh says, though it clearly pains him to express gratitude. You wonder if it has anything to do with the adversarial nature of your words just now. Regardless, the man is clearly uneasy. His face is also part contempt; not that you care much. “Could you give us a moment to talk things over? —No shifty business,” Josh hastens to add, palms in the air.

You watch as the two men confer in hushed whispers. They’re too far away to overhear… or they would be, if Luna wasn’t by your side. The Swoobat species is an expert in all things sonic, and she takes the initiative to beam their words into your and your Pokémons’ skulls. You miss the first few lines of their exchange, however.

“Looks like we got a vigilante on our hands,” Josh says grimly.

Ed snorts. “Try morally crusading vigilante. Give any kid a dragon Pokémon and suddenly he thinks he’s king of the world. I won’t stand for it.”

“Oh shut up, before that Meowth of his overhears. We may not like him, but he could help us.”

“What, by dragging us to the police station? I told you. He knows, Josh. He’ll ruin everything.”

“But it doesn’t have to be that way! You and I know that the whole reason we’re out here picking Ron’s Pechas this year is because that damn Tyranitar showed up again and buried our whole crop in dust. It’s still out there. That’s an ongoing problem. This can be temporary. Kid with a Haxorus kicks that thing off our farm, we stop stealing. It’s win-win. Look, I’ll handle the conversation, just watch…”

Ed grabs him by the arm. “Just look at him! He’s fucking crazy! What kind of kid jumps out a bush and sics a Haxorus on people? That kid. I can’t trust him, I can’t…”

“It’s not about our trust now is it? Look. He says we’re thieves. We say yes, he sics a Haxorus on us. We say no, he sics a Haxorus on us. Might as well give him the reason.”

“Do as you will.” Ed falls quiet for a long time. “There’s another way out—nevermind. You won’t like it.”

“When have I ever?” Josh says, managing a shaky laugh, and the two men turn back to you. Luna switches back to detecting lies as Josh prepares to speak.

Their story is almost identical to the story you overheard. Turns out a Tyranitar appeared on their farm one day, and made the land its territory, along with a few neighbouring farms. Word was its trainer had died, and their Pokémon including the Tyranitar had gone feral. Ever since then its Sand Stream has wreaked havoc on their family’s crops — Ed and Josh are cousins — and the berry harvest has been little to nothing. This is the fifth year now.

’Third,’ Luna corrects.

Josh doesn’t appear to have heard her. The story continues. With their main source of income gone, it’s been a desperate time for their family. At first, they thought the Tyranitar would move on. That’s what the policeman said too. “Fat lot of help they are,” Josh comments. But it didn’t. Over time the family have turned to… alternative sources of income. Such as stealing berries.

’There’s more,’ Luna says, ’But not that much more. It’s not terribly important.’

Josh hesitates now, takes a deep breath. “Yes, we’re farmers, but you’re right, this property isn’t ours.” And there it is— a confession at last.

“Stealing is wrong, we know that, but right now it feels like the only option we’ve got. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We’d stop if only we could. So…” Josh hesitates, searching for a name, “Will you help us?”

’He’s acting, just a little. But the words are true. That is, he believes them to be true. He’s trying to convince you; it’s only natural that he wants to look emotional.’

Before you can reply, Ed puts a hand on Josh’s shoulder. He stares you deep in the eyes. “One last thing. Kid’s gotta know. One of our farmhands? That Tyranitar crushed his hip. He can’t walk no more. We’ve got Mareep too, but they ain’t being shorn in time, because nobody will work with us no more. Not only the berries, but the Mareep... That’s why we’re so hard up on cash.” Stepping back, he hazards a glance at Luna, eyes wide. “I ain’t lying. I was there! You can’t make this stuff up.”

Is it a coincidence that he mentioned not lying, or did Ed realise exactly what Luna is doing? Different Psychics have different abilities after all, and not all can detect lies. Luna continues, seemingly undeterred. ’He’s telling the truth. How awful.’

What will you do?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:36 AM   #253
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Telusian Fields please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:
You lay your cards out on the table, so to speak, describing exactly what you heard and what you’ll do if no one fesses up to the crime. Josh, the man championing the Claydol, winces when you get to the specifics, like Ron’s name and ‘blame it on a poor crop’. Ed’s face is grim. Not only are they uneasy, they’re afraid. Of who or what in particular, you don’t know. Maybe it’s the Haxorus. Maybe it’s you. Maybe… if they truly are criminals… it’s of being called out. Who knows? At any rate your Swoobat, Luna, floats nearby, ready to function as a living lie detector. However due to her relative inexperience you know she’ll only be able to do one task at a time.

For now though, Norbert and Hermione are drawn off the attack. During your speech at least. After listening to it all Ed hollers, “Skippy, Nona, standby.” It appears Nona actually belongs to Ed, or perhaps both, men.

“We hear you, boy, we hear you. Thank you for stopping to listen,” Josh says, though it clearly pains him to express gratitude. You wonder if it has anything to do with the adversarial nature of your words just now. Regardless, the man is clearly uneasy. His face is also part contempt; not that you care much. “Could you give us a moment to talk things over? —No shifty business,” Josh hastens to add, palms in the air.

You watch as the two men confer in hushed whispers. They’re too far away to overhear… or they would be, if Luna wasn’t by your side. The Swoobat species is an expert in all things sonic, and she takes the initiative to beam their words into your and your Pokémons’ skulls. You miss the first few lines of their exchange, however.

“Looks like we got a vigilante on our hands,” Josh says grimly.

Ed snorts. “Try morally crusading vigilante. Give any kid a dragon Pokémon and suddenly he thinks he’s king of the world. I won’t stand for it.”

“Oh shut up, before that Meowth of his overhears. We may not like him, but he could help us.”

“What, by dragging us to the police station? I told you. He knows, Josh. He’ll ruin everything.”

“But it doesn’t have to be that way! You and I know that the whole reason we’re out here picking Ron’s Pechas this year is because that damn Tyranitar showed up again and buried our whole crop in dust. It’s still out there. That’s an ongoing problem. This can be temporary. Kid with a Haxorus kicks that thing off our farm, we stop stealing. It’s win-win. Look, I’ll handle the conversation, just watch…”

Ed grabs him by the arm. “Just look at him! He’s fucking crazy! What kind of kid jumps out a bush and sics a Haxorus on people? That kid. I can’t trust him, I can’t…”

“It’s not about our trust now is it? Look. He says we’re thieves. We say yes, he sics a Haxorus on us. We say no, he sics a Haxorus on us. Might as well give him the reason.”

“Do as you will.” Ed falls quiet for a long time. “There’s another way out—nevermind. You won’t like it.”

“When have I ever?” Josh says, managing a shaky laugh, and the two men turn back to you. Luna switches back to detecting lies as Josh prepares to speak.

Their story is almost identical to the story you overheard. Turns out a Tyranitar appeared on their farm one day, and made the land its territory, along with a few neighbouring farms. Word was its trainer had died, and their Pokémon including the Tyranitar had gone feral. Ever since then its Sand Stream has wreaked havoc on their family’s crops — Ed and Josh are cousins — and the berry harvest has been little to nothing. This is the fifth year now.

’Third,’ Luna corrects.

Josh doesn’t appear to have heard her. The story continues. With their main source of income gone, it’s been a desperate time for their family. At first, they thought the Tyranitar would move on. That’s what the policeman said too. “Fat lot of help they are,” Josh comments. But it didn’t. Over time the family have turned to… alternative sources of income. Such as stealing berries.

’There’s more,’ Luna says, ’But not that much more. It’s not terribly important.’

Josh hesitates now, takes a deep breath. “Yes, we’re farmers, but you’re right, this property isn’t ours.” And there it is— a confession at last.

“Stealing is wrong, we know that, but right now it feels like the only option we’ve got. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We’d stop if only we could. So…” Josh hesitates, searching for a name, “Will you help us?”

’He’s acting, just a little. But the words are true. That is, he believes them to be true. He’s trying to convince you; it’s only natural that he wants to look emotional.’

Before you can reply, Ed puts a hand on Josh’s shoulder. He stares you deep in the eyes. “One last thing. Kid’s gotta know. One of our farmhands? That Tyranitar crushed his hip. He can’t walk no more. We’ve got Mareep too, but they ain’t being shorn in time, because nobody will work with us no more. Not only the berries, but the Mareep... That’s why we’re so hard up on cash.” Stepping back, he hazards a glance at Luna, eyes wide. “I ain’t lying. I was there! You can’t make this stuff up.”

Is it a coincidence that he mentioned not lying, or did Ed realise exactly what Luna is doing? Different Psychics have different abilities after all, and not all can detect lies. Luna continues, seemingly undeterred. ’He’s telling the truth. How awful.’

What will you do?
The men looked afraid as Keith demanded the truth from them. Then again, they were fully aware that Keith could easily sic a Haxorus on them if he so chose, that may have been a contributing factor... In any case, Ed called off Skippy and Nona. Hermione and Norbert likewise did not attack. Josh then thanked Keith for hearing them out, although the look on his face suggested such a display of gratitude was agonizing to him. He requested from Keith a moment to talk things over with Ed, hastily adding that there would be no shifty business. Keith sincerely doubted this, but nodded in agreement anyways- he knew Luna would make sure the truth got out one way or another. He exchanged grins with his Swoobat, who took it upon herself to listen in on the hushed whispers. They may have been too quiet for Keith to overhear, but Luna's hearing was a whole other swarm of Yanma.

Luna proceeded to relay their hushed conversation to Keith's mind. Their first few sentences were enough to irritate Keith, but for a different reason- Ed seemed convinced that Keith thought himself king of the world just because he had a Dragon-type. That piece of... I am NOT Ralph McPhione! Keith thought to himself, recalling his longtime rival who was known for his Dragon-types and his horrible attitude in equal measures.

I know you're not, Luna's voice sounded soothingly in Keith's head. He doesn't know you well enough to know that, is all. After that, she continued to relay their words to him. Keith was indeed correct, as the men were going on about how he knew and would more than likely turn them in. They also seemed to think he was crazy- coming out of nowhere and siccing Norbert on them was what did it, Keith realized, even before Luna relayed that detail to him. Keith heard them mentioning a Tyranitar- he'd heard something about that earlier, come to think of it. His expression softened ever so slightly as they mentioned that with the Tyranitar gone, they'd have no reason to steal. Perhaps he was a bit hasty in judging Ed and Josh just based on that little excerpt of their conversation.

Ed and Josh turned back to face Keith, and to his satisfaction, what they told him lined up almost perfectly with what they had been discussing in hushed voices. As it transpired, a Tyranitar claimed their farm as its territory, and that its Sand Stream was having a devastating effect on their family's crops. Thus far, the only lie Luna caught them in was how many years the problem had been going on- they said it's been five years, Luna knew it to only be three. Hardly a big lie, Keith figured reasonably. And once they mentioned the police being no help at all, Keith couldn't help but feel sympathetic. With no other choice that they could see, they turned to stealing berries. At this point, Luna informed Keith that there was a little more to it, albeit nothing of particular importance.

At this point, Josh hesitantly confessed that the property they were on was indeed not theirs. At this, Norbert tensed up. "Haaaaax-" he began.

"Norbert, no," Keith said sternly. "We're hearing them out."

"Haxor," the Dragon-type murmured sheepishly, backing down.

Josh continued, stating that they knew stealing was wrong, but they currently didn't see any other option. It was at that point Josh asked if Keith would help them. Before Keith could respond, Ed added that the Tyranitar had crippled one of their farmhands, and their Mareep weren't getting shorn because nobody would work with them anymore. He followed this by looking at Luna and swearing his words to be true. Keith thought that to be a bit suspicious, but Luna confirmed that he wasn't lying.

Keith sighed. "Alright, first off, I think I owe you guys an apology. I must have made one hell of a first impression, just crashing through the bushes and siccing a Haxorus on you guys, huh? Anyway, sorry I did that, it's just, when I overheard what you said, it made you guys sound a lot worse than you sound right now, y'know?"

"I didn't exactly help matters much," Meowth added sheepishly. "Sorry." Norbert and Hermione likewise mumbled their sheepish apologies.

"Yeah, sorry," Keith said. "Alright, I'll help you guys out, see what I can do about that Tyranitar. Norbert, you think you'll be able to handle Tyranitar?" he asked his Haxorus.

"HAX! HAXOOOR!" Norbert exclaimed eagerly.

Keith grinned. "I figured as much," he said. "So, yeah, I'll help out any way I can," he added to Ed and Josh.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:25 AM   #254
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Telusian Fields - Please reply in YellowGreen

Missingno. Master:

Even though some of their hushed words rankle at you, and for good reason, you decide to apologise. Ed and Josh accept your apology gratefully. Ed still stares at you with that measuring gaze of his but it seems you’ve cleared the air between the three of you. “In all fairness, we were joking around more than we should have. The fault is ours. Ed?” Josh prompts, when Ed doesn’t say anything.

“Ah. Yeah. We weren’t really going to steal half of Ron’s Pecha crop. Maybe a quarter at most. Ron’s a shitty guy if you ask me, but he doesn’t deserve all that.”

’Liar,’ Luna pipes up. ’’He doesn’t deserve all that.’ That’s the lie.’

So one of two doesn’t feel particularly guilty about this particular incident. Interesting. Meanwhile you know for a fact Josh does feel guilty. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Josh won’t reoffend, and a lack of guilt doesn’t necessarily mean Ed will. For now you decide the best way forward is to remove their inciting factor— the Tyranitar.

Josh continues, “Usually we ah… take a bit from every farm ‘round these parts. Harder to notice that way.”

“‘Way to make an impression’...” Ed laughs softly. “I guess it’s mutual. So, we good?”

When you mention your desire to help, Josh lights up at once. He looks about to cry, which for a grown man really is something, and this time you’re pretty sure he’s not faking it. He doesn’t cry, though. “I knew I could count on you. Everyone we’ve asked has turned us down, until now.”

“That depends on whether he’s willing to have Nona Teleport him.” Hearing its name, the Claydol floats over, spinning gently. Ed glances over at you. “She can take three at a time, so you’ll have to recall two of yours.”

You’ve already agreed to help, and Luna seems unconcerned still, so you step closer to the Claydol with a feeling of anticipation rising in your chest.

“Hang on. The Pechas.” Josh turns your attention to the Pecha Berries lying smashed and scattered all over the dirt. They need to be cleaned up before someone finds them. The stepladders however remain, until Josh “has time”. Soon enough the job is done, and with all loose ends taken care of, with a flash, Nona uses Teleport!

You find yourself next to a paddock full of Mareep. They mill around, bleating and sparking electricity. Nona disappears and soon enough she’s back with Ed and Josh in tow.

“Alright. The Tyranitar comes and goes, usually once every few days or so, but I’ll save you the wait. We’re giving it an offering,” Ed explains.

“Berries work sometimes, as a lure, but it’s too unreliable,” Josh adds. “For this, we’ll need meat.”

You can see where this is going.

“I hope you’re worth it, kid,” Ed says.

After the Mareep is shorn and slaughtered, you leave the carcass out in an open field, far away from any buildings or crops, as Skippy blows her Fairy Wind this way and that, thick with the scent of blood. Then comes the wait.

Slowly, incrementally, the wind stirs. It’s thick with… dust? Dry sand lashes across your face, hands, anywhere your skin is exposed as the wind builds and builds into a veritable Sandstorm! It’s the largest you’ve ever seen.

“Get your Pokémon out... we’ll provide backup.”

And the Tyranitar appears. With slow heavy steps the beast trudges towards the Mareep carcass. It sniffs the air with curiosity. Stops. Then it Roars!

You find yourself staring down a charging Tyranitar.

It’s approximately one hundred meters away and closing the distance fast. What will you do?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #255
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master:

Even though some of their hushed words rankle at you, and for good reason, you decide to apologise. Ed and Josh accept your apology gratefully. Ed still stares at you with that measuring gaze of his but it seems you’ve cleared the air between the three of you. “In all fairness, we were joking around more than we should have. The fault is ours. Ed?” Josh prompts, when Ed doesn’t say anything.

“Ah. Yeah. We weren’t really going to steal half of Ron’s Pecha crop. Maybe a quarter at most. Ron’s a shitty guy if you ask me, but he doesn’t deserve all that.”

’Liar,’ Luna pipes up. ’’He doesn’t deserve all that.’ That’s the lie.’

So one of two doesn’t feel particularly guilty about this particular incident. Interesting. Meanwhile you know for a fact Josh does feel guilty. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Josh won’t reoffend, and a lack of guilt doesn’t necessarily mean Ed will. For now you decide the best way forward is to remove their inciting factor— the Tyranitar.

Josh continues, “Usually we ah… take a bit from every farm ‘round these parts. Harder to notice that way.”

“‘Way to make an impression’...” Ed laughs softly. “I guess it’s mutual. So, we good?”

When you mention your desire to help, Josh lights up at once. He looks about to cry, which for a grown man really is something, and this time you’re pretty sure he’s not faking it. He doesn’t cry, though. “I knew I could count on you. Everyone we’ve asked has turned us down, until now.”

“That depends on whether he’s willing to have Nona Teleport him.” Hearing its name, the Claydol floats over, spinning gently. Ed glances over at you. “She can take three at a time, so you’ll have to recall two of yours.”

You’ve already agreed to help, and Luna seems unconcerned still, so you step closer to the Claydol with a feeling of anticipation rising in your chest.

“Hang on. The Pechas.” Josh turns your attention to the Pecha Berries lying smashed and scattered all over the dirt. They need to be cleaned up before someone finds them. The stepladders however remain, until Josh “has time”. Soon enough the job is done, and with all loose ends taken care of, with a flash, Nona uses Teleport!

You find yourself next to a paddock full of Mareep. They mill around, bleating and sparking electricity. Nona disappears and soon enough she’s back with Ed and Josh in tow.

“Alright. The Tyranitar comes and goes, usually once every few days or so, but I’ll save you the wait. We’re giving it an offering,” Ed explains.

“Berries work sometimes, as a lure, but it’s too unreliable,” Josh adds. “For this, we’ll need meat.”

You can see where this is going.

“I hope you’re worth it, kid,” Ed says.

After the Mareep is shorn and slaughtered, you leave the carcass out in an open field, far away from any buildings or crops, as Skippy blows her Fairy Wind this way and that, thick with the scent of blood. Then comes the wait.

Slowly, incrementally, the wind stirs. It’s thick with… dust? Dry sand lashes across your face, hands, anywhere your skin is exposed as the wind builds and builds into a veritable Sandstorm! It’s the largest you’ve ever seen.

“Get your Pokémon out... we’ll provide backup.”

And the Tyranitar appears. With slow heavy steps the beast trudges towards the Mareep carcass. It sniffs the air with curiosity. Stops. Then it Roars!

You find yourself staring down a charging Tyranitar.

It’s approximately one hundred meters away and closing the distance fast. What will you do?
Keith's apology seemed to clear the air between the three of them. Ed and Josh gratefully accepted the apology (Josh perhaps more gratefully than Ed). Josh conceded that they were joking around a little more than they ought to have, and that the blame lay with them for that reason. At Josh's prompting, Ed added that they weren't really gonna steal half of Ron's Pecha crop- a quarter at most. He added that Ron may be a shitty guy in his opinion, but that he didn't deserve all that.

He's lying, Luna's voice sounded in Keith's head. Not about how much they were gonna steal, or what he thinks of Ron- he's lying about Ron not deserving all that.

Keith found this an interesting fact. The only lie Luna was detecting there was also pretty much the only good thing Ed had to say about Ron. Then again, it's not like Keith couldn't relate. He had a tendency to try and see the good in others. For some it was easy, for others, not so much. And for a mercifully small selection of people and Pokémon, Keith would never be able to find any sort of redeeming qualities of which to speak. Ralph McPhione... That Heatran from Mt. Aduro... Those poisonous ninjas from the Forest of Adventure... He had a feeling there was a whole other story behind Ed's dislike for Ron, but now, he reasoned, was neither the time nor the place for it. Josh continued on, explaining that they usually just swipe a little bit from each farm, the better to fly under the radar with their theft, and Ed conceded that they all managed to make rather bad first impressions on each other to begin with.

Josh lit up at once when Keith confirmed his willingness to help, looking close to tears. Ed then mentioned that Nona would be bringing him to their farm by way of Teleport. He then told Keith he needed to withdraw at least two of his Pokémon for the journey. Keith nodded in response as he took two of his Poké Balls off his belt. Meowth hated being in his ball, and Norbert needed to be ready just in case the Tyranitar was already there, which only left two choices. First, he held out a ball in the direction of his Weedle. "Hermione, return," he stated, the red beam of light already withdrawing the Bug/Poison-type. Next, he aimed the other ball at his Swoobat, but as he turned around, he stumbled on some uneven ground. The ball fell from Keith's hand and cracked in two upon hitting the ground.

"...Whoops," Keith murmured as he picked up the Poké Ball halves. "Well, that ain't good."

Actually, I had a vision of that happening, Luna piped up. I thought about warning you about it, only I've had my eye on that Timer Ball you bought.

Keith gave a small chuckle. He'd seen Luna eyeing up that Timer Ball for a while now, so he supposed he should have seen this coming. He stowed the useless Poké Ball halves in his backpack, and when he took his hand back out, it was clutching a Timer Ball. "Alright, you win, Luna," he grinned. The Swoobat flew in close, allowing Keith to tap her on the head with the sphere. With the usual whirring sound, accompanied by a soft ticking, the ball opened up and pulled Luna inside, wobbling slightly before clicking shut.

At that point, Nona came in close to Keith. Taking the cue, Norbert held onto Keith's arm, with a surprisingly gentle grip for a Haxorus, and Meowth climbed back up on to Keith's shoulder. Nona then used Teleport while Ed and Josh set to work clearing up the evidence.

Keith was no stranger to Teleport usage, between his Venomoth and his Qwilfish, so the sensation was nothing new to him. In an instant, Keith found himself beside a paddock of fluffy yellow Pokémon- Keith recognized them as Mareep, having owned one very briefly in the past. Nona, meanwhile, vanished into thin air, and soon returned with Ed and Josh, who explained that Tyranitar usually came and went every couple of days or so, but that they'd be speeding up the process with an offering of meat. With a glance at the Mareep paddock, Keith had a feeling he knew where this was going. Probably because he owned a large variety of predator Pokémon, he wasn't too bothered by the idea, though all the same, he tried to not pay attention as the Mareep was slaughtered.

Soon, Keith found himself placing the Mareep carcass out in the open. No buildings or crops anywhere around. Just Keith, Meowth trying not to look at the dead Mareep, Norbert salivating at the sight of the dead Mareep, and Skippy, blowing Fairy Wind in every direction to make the scent carry as far as possible. Oh, and Luna- Keith had sent her back out of her Timer Ball not long after they arrived. He didn't distrust Ed or Josh so much anymore, but all the same, he felt better knowing she was at the ready.

The wait was unbearable. More than once, Keith had to shoot Norbert a stern glare as the Haxorus showed signs of wanting to devour the Mareep carcass himself. But then, before too long, the wind started to pick up. A remarkably dusty wind, which built more and more by the second, which Keith felt against every square inch of exposed skin. He adjusted his cowboy hat in an attempt to keep as much of it out of his face as possible- a Sandstorm, he realized. This was the Sand Stream Ability coming into effect... Tyranitar must be near.

And sure enough, after Ed and Josh's promises of providing backup, Keith saw it- a hulking green beast, lumbering slowly in the direction of the Mareep carcass- in their direction! Keith took out a Koffing-purple Pokédex and pointed it at the beast.

"Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pupitar," said Keith's Pokédex. "Tyranitar's rampages are so violently destructive that maps must be redrawn afterwards. Just one of its hands has the destructive power to destroy mountains."

"Oh, yeah. Dat bodes well," Meowth said sarcastically.

"Norbert, get ready," Keith warned his Haxorus.

"Hax!" nodded Norbert.

Tyranitar didn't seem to notice them... not at first. Then, it stopped. Sniffed at the air curiously. And then, just like that, it gave a mighty Roar and began to charge straight at them!

Norbert was ready! "HAAAAXOOOOOOOOOR!!!" he bellowed in response to Tyranitar's Roar. Keith vaguely registered the notion that Ed and Josh were probably a bit more glad to hear Norbert's battle cry now that it wasn't directed at them.

But now wasn't the time to reflect on that- Tyranitar was still at a distance, but it sought to close the gap as quickly as it could. Keith had to act, and fast! "Norbert! Swords Dance!" he ordered. "Follow up with Earthquake, then use your Toxic attack!"
Old 01-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #256
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Missingno. Master:

Racing against time, Norbert pulls off a spinning Swords Dance. He breathes, feeling the extra power flooding through his veins, and just about time too, as the Tyranitar appears! Norbert is quickly forced to dodge, and rather hastily at that, but unfortunately the Tyranitar’s Body Slams into him and sends him skidding. There’s some mild paralysis but nothing too major. Rather impressive considering both Pokémon are nearly two meters tall. Either way not a good start to the battle.

Ed curses. “Nona, help him out! Earth Power!”

The Tyranitar snarls. Norbert’s blocking the Mareep! Its maw glows with power for a Crunch at surprising speed, and Norbert shrieks in pain and anger not long before Nona comes to the rescue, her Earth Power slamming into the beast for super effective damage. But the Tyranitar shakes it off with ease.

As it turns to the Claydol, newly incited, Ed shouts, “Nona! Put some distance between you two with a Dazzling Gleam!”

Three things happen at once. One: the Tyranitar charges towards Nona, dark energy pooling in its maw. Two: Nona gathers Fairy energy for a Dazzling Gleam. And three: Norbert smashes the ground for an Earthquake!

The Tyranitar’s jaws are closing around the Claydol when it trips, hit by two moves at once— an Earthquake and a half-formed Dazzling Gleam. Josh cheers. “Skippy, get it while it’s down! Stun Spore!” But the wind and dust forms a protective barrier of sorts, and you’re not even sure the paralysing dust has an effect, especially when the Tyranitar dodges Norbert’s Toxic with the ease of very good luck. Is it just you or is the Sandstorm getting worse?

Not only that, the clouds in the sky are evaporating into thin air. Sunlight bears down on the battlefield, growing harsher by the second. “Not long now,” Josh says. “Skippy will help you out, you just got to give her the right opportunity…”

“If you’ve got a strategy, Nona and I will try to follow along,” Ed adds. “Otherwise we’ll snipe the damn thing at long range.”

The Tyranitar looks to Norbert, then Nona, then finally Skippy the Skiploom, eyes cold and intelligent. Calculating. It seems eager for a fight now more than anything else. You wonder how long it must have roamed the fields, lonely in its place as the strongest Pokémon around. Well, for the sake of these farmers’ livelihoods, that must end today.

You assess the situation. Norbert and Nona look noticeably injured, with Norbert just past his halfway mark, factoring in their skirmish from before. Norbert is pumped up and ready to go, however Nona is panting already with all the Teleporting she’s done. Meanwhile the Tyranitar is only lightly injured with no signs of tiring yet. It’s three against one… but will you make it?

The Tyranitar readies a Focus Energy. What will you do?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #257
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master:

Racing against time, Norbert pulls off a spinning Swords Dance. He breathes, feeling the extra power flooding through his veins, and just about time too, as the Tyranitar appears! Norbert is quickly forced to dodge, and rather hastily at that, but unfortunately the Tyranitar’s Body Slams into him and sends him skidding. There’s some mild paralysis but nothing too major. Rather impressive considering both Pokémon are nearly two meters tall. Either way not a good start to the battle.

Ed curses. “Nona, help him out! Earth Power!”

The Tyranitar snarls. Norbert’s blocking the Mareep! Its maw glows with power for a Crunch at surprising speed, and Norbert shrieks in pain and anger not long before Nona comes to the rescue, her Earth Power slamming into the beast for super effective damage. But the Tyranitar shakes it off with ease.

As it turns to the Claydol, newly incited, Ed shouts, “Nona! Put some distance between you two with a Dazzling Gleam!”

Three things happen at once. One: the Tyranitar charges towards Nona, dark energy pooling in its maw. Two: Nona gathers Fairy energy for a Dazzling Gleam. And three: Norbert smashes the ground for an Earthquake!

The Tyranitar’s jaws are closing around the Claydol when it trips, hit by two moves at once— an Earthquake and a half-formed Dazzling Gleam. Josh cheers. “Skippy, get it while it’s down! Stun Spore!” But the wind and dust forms a protective barrier of sorts, and you’re not even sure the paralysing dust has an effect, especially when the Tyranitar dodges Norbert’s Toxic with the ease of very good luck. Is it just you or is the Sandstorm getting worse?

Not only that, the clouds in the sky are evaporating into thin air. Sunlight bears down on the battlefield, growing harsher by the second. “Not long now,” Josh says. “Skippy will help you out, you just got to give her the right opportunity…”

“If you’ve got a strategy, Nona and I will try to follow along,” Ed adds. “Otherwise we’ll snipe the damn thing at long range.”

The Tyranitar looks to Norbert, then Nona, then finally Skippy the Skiploom, eyes cold and intelligent. Calculating. It seems eager for a fight now more than anything else. You wonder how long it must have roamed the fields, lonely in its place as the strongest Pokémon around. Well, for the sake of these farmers’ livelihoods, that must end today.

You assess the situation. Norbert and Nona look noticeably injured, with Norbert just past his halfway mark, factoring in their skirmish from before. Norbert is pumped up and ready to go, however Nona is panting already with all the Teleporting she’s done. Meanwhile the Tyranitar is only lightly injured with no signs of tiring yet. It’s three against one… but will you make it?

The Tyranitar readies a Focus Energy. What will you do?
Keith gritted his teeth- he had thought Norbert would have ample time to get off the Swords Dance in the time it'd take Tyranitar to close the distance. He did have time to use the move, just not quite enough to evade Tyranitar's- the Body Slam sent the Dragon-type skidding backwards. Ed came in with Nona at that moment, who blasted Tyranitar with an Earth Power (though not before Tyranitar's Crunch landed a decidedly powerful blow on the Haxorus). Tyranitar was about to turn on Nona for another Crunch...

"Now! Use Earthquake, Norbert!" Keith commanded.

"HAXOOOOOOOOOOOR!" Norbert roared, causing the ground to shake violently. This combined with Nona's hastily-formed Dazzling Gleam caused Tyranitar to trip. At that point, Josh and Skippy joined in on the fight, the latter unleashing Stun Spore on the fallen Tyranitar. Or at least, it tried to- the Sandstorm seemed to block the attack. Worse still, Tyranitar then proceeded to dodge Norbert's Toxic with no small amount of sheer luck.

"Gah," Meowth spat, hastily covering his mouth. "Is it just me, or is da sandstorm gettin' worse?"

Keith couldn't argue with that- moreover, the clouds in the sky seemed to be vanishing, bombarding the battlefield with harsh sunlight... wait a second, Keith realized. Harsh sunlight? Could this be...?

Josh, at that point, said something about it not being long now, and giving Skippy the right opportunity to help. And that's when it all clicked with Keith- the vanishing clouds, the unusually harsh sunlight, Skippy must be using Sunny Day in an effort to dispel the sandstorm! Skiploom wasn't a species of Pokémon Keith was especially familiar with, but he had a few Grass-types of his own, so he had a pretty shrewd idea what kind of benefits this change in weather would have for Skippy. At the very least, the lack of sandstorm wouldn't bode too well for Tyranitar. And if this was indeed the sort of thing Josh was going for, Keith knew he'd be able to help if necessary. His fingers brushed up against the Valentine Ball attached to his belt, ready to call out its inhabitant at a moment's notice.

At that point, Ed added that he and Nona would try and follow along with any strategy Keith might have up his sleeve- elseways, they'd pretty much just go for long-range moves and hope for the best. Alas, Keith didn't have much of a strategy at the moment, nor was he 100% completely sure that Skippy was indeed using Sunny Day, not just yet. He'd have to wing it for the time being. "OK, go for it at long range then, for now at least," Keith replied, before turning back to his Haxorus. "Norbert, let's make Tyranitar an easy target for Nona," he added. "Slow it down with Scary Face! Follow it up with Hidden Power, and if it tries to attack anyone, intercept with a Rock Smash!"
Old 01-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #258
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Missingno. Master:

Stretching and flexing, the Tyranitar observes the battlefield, the Haxorus, the Claydol, and the floating Skiploom, and their trainers just behind, its Energies deeply Focused. There is a sense of quiet power that exudes from the beast, centred as it is in the Earthquake-torn battlefield.

But it has a challenger. Norbert the Haxorus steps forward, braving the Sandstorm as it does so to produce a Scary Face, body drawn up to not quite reach the top of the Tyranitar’s head. For now, they see eye to eye. The Tyranitar is… not fazed, but not dismissive either as it locks eyes with the menacing dragon across him. It waits, calm but energised, for the Haxorus to make a move.

The Haxorus smirks. Suddenly, a flash of light and a roar of pain! It’s Nona. She Teleported behind the Tyranitar to send a Signal Beam to its carapace, to strike him dead centre. Then it’s Norbert’s turn. Fighting-typed orbs of Hidden Power smash into the Tyranitar’s chest! You watch with trepidation. This time it’s really angry. A calm kind of anger, the sort that might precede murder…

It lets forth with a bloody Screech! Everyone on the battlefield covers their ears, but poor Nona and Skippy aren’t so lucky. The Leech Seed Skippy had been preparing goes to waste as she bears down on the aural pain. Norbert considers taking the initiative to end the noise, but Screech isn’t a damaging move, so he buckles down and waits. Soon the Tyranitar lashes out with an Earthquake. Ground-typed shockwaves reverberate through the arena as Norbert struggles to stand. He roars in determination. Not to be deterred, the Haxorus retaliates with a Rock Smash! Another extreme hit.

Skippy seizes the chance for a Bullet Seed. The pellets bounce off the Tyranitar’s skull and you wonder even with the barrage of super-effective attacks how long will this battle last? It’s hard to tell how worn the Tyranitar is. One thing’s for sure it’s taken a beating this round. Cracks and furrows mar its once-sleek carapace. The tide of battle turns in your favour. Don’t get cocky though, it looks like the Tyranitar’s ready to vent some Outrage next round…

Harsh sunlight bares down in full force. The Sandstorm rages on, but the improvement in visibility is significant. “Alright! Now, Skippy’s going to go for a Solarbeam, I want you to give her the right opening. Can you manage that?”

Ed says, “Nona’s pretty beat. I’m gonna keep her in, but not for too much longer. Let’s finish this once and for all.”

A tall order. Ambitious enough to be exciting. But is it possible?

What will you do?
Old 01-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #259
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master:

Stretching and flexing, the Tyranitar observes the battlefield, the Haxorus, the Claydol, and the floating Skiploom, and their trainers just behind, its Energies deeply Focused. There is a sense of quiet power that exudes from the beast, centred as it is in the Earthquake-torn battlefield.

But it has a challenger. Norbert the Haxorus steps forward, braving the Sandstorm as it does so to produce a Scary Face, body drawn up to not quite reach the top of the Tyranitar’s head. For now, they see eye to eye. The Tyranitar is… not fazed, but not dismissive either as it locks eyes with the menacing dragon across him. It waits, calm but energised, for the Haxorus to make a move.

The Haxorus smirks. Suddenly, a flash of light and a roar of pain! It’s Nona. She Teleported behind the Tyranitar to send a Signal Beam to its carapace, to strike him dead centre. Then it’s Norbert’s turn. Fighting-typed orbs of Hidden Power smash into the Tyranitar’s chest! You watch with trepidation. This time it’s really angry. A calm kind of anger, the sort that might precede murder…

It lets forth with a bloody Screech! Everyone on the battlefield covers their ears, but poor Nona and Skippy aren’t so lucky. The Leech Seed Skippy had been preparing goes to waste as she bears down on the aural pain. Norbert considers taking the initiative to end the noise, but Screech isn’t a damaging move, so he buckles down and waits. Soon the Tyranitar lashes out with an Earthquake. Ground-typed shockwaves reverberate through the arena as Norbert struggles to stand. He roars in determination. Not to be deterred, the Haxorus retaliates with a Rock Smash! Another extreme hit.

Skippy seizes the chance for a Bullet Seed. The pellets bounce off the Tyranitar’s skull and you wonder even with the barrage of super-effective attacks how long will this battle last? It’s hard to tell how worn the Tyranitar is. One thing’s for sure it’s taken a beating this round. Cracks and furrows mar its once-sleek carapace. The tide of battle turns in your favour. Don’t get cocky though, it looks like the Tyranitar’s ready to vent some Outrage next round…

Harsh sunlight bares down in full force. The Sandstorm rages on, but the improvement in visibility is significant. “Alright! Now, Skippy’s going to go for a Solarbeam, I want you to give her the right opening. Can you manage that?”

Ed says, “Nona’s pretty beat. I’m gonna keep her in, but not for too much longer. Let’s finish this once and for all.”

A tall order. Ambitious enough to be exciting. But is it possible?

What will you do?
The Scary Face didn't have quite the effect Keith had been hoping for. Then again, now that he thought of it, it shouldn't surprise him so much that the Scary Face didn't faze such a formidable beast as this Tyranitar. And yet, Tyranitar didn't seem to be dismissing it as nothing, either. Rather, it locked eyes with Norbert, seeming to wait for the Haxorus to attack.

And then, Tyranitar roared in pain- Nona had Teleported behind Tyranitar and followed up with a forceful Signal Beam. Seizing the opportunity, Norbert unleashed Hidden Power, his Fighting spirit manifesting itself as orbs of pure Fighting-type energy. The attack blasted into Tyranitar, having a huge impact on the Rock/Dark-type, but Keith wasn't smiling just yet... Tyranitar didn't look especially furious- it actually looked rather calm, but almost ominously so. Meowth and Norbert both knew exactly what that was about, having Keith for a Trainer- whenever Keith became that ominously calm, it was the surest sign that he was beyond pissed.

"Oh, crap," Meowth muttered. "We just made it angry."

Before Keith or Luna could respond, Tyranitar unleashed a Screech attack! Keith clapped his hands over his ears, a move that did frustratingly little to block out the horrible noise, reminiscent of Meowth's claws on a chalkboard. Skippy had been readying a Leech Seed, but the Screech forced her to stop. And eventually, Tyranitar moved on to using Earthquake. Roaring defiantly as he attempted to keep his balance, Norbert stomped forward and struck with Rock Smash. Seizing this opportunity, Skippy unleashed Bullet Seed.

Keith gritted his teeth- it was hard to tell how much damage Tyranitar had taken thus far, much less how much more damage it'd be able to endure before falling. All they could tell was that they were making progress, and Keith, ever the optimist, chose to focus on that important point. Norbert still seemed ready as ever to fight, too. And then, as the harsh sunlight started to bear down on them in the biggest way yet, Josh revealed that he was about to have Skippy use Solar Beam. So she was using Sunny Day earlier! It didn't stop the sandstorm, but visibility was way better now than it was before. Josh asked if Keith could give Skippy the right opening to unleash her Solar Beam. Keith nodded, though he knew that the right opening would put Norbert at risk.

However, Norbert turned back and looked at Keith. As the two made eye contact, Keith knew- he knew Norbert had figured out their best hope at giving Skippy an opening, he knew this would put the Dragon-type right in the line of fire. But Keith could also see the determination in his Haxorus's eyes. Norbert was on board with this plan, and with that in mind, Keith said what needed done.

"Then let's do this, Norbert," he nodded. "Use Taunt on Tyranitar, keep it focused on you. And try and get in a Harden before it starts attacking- if that look in its eyes means the same thing it means for you, it's about to use Outrage. Once it's close enough, hit it with an X-Scissor attack!" He thought back to just a minute ago- Norbert keeping Tyranitar distracted had given Nona an opening to unleash Signal Beam from behind, so it seemed the best way to go for this as well.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #260
Meetan
Soul Badge

Brown ankle booties clicked across the platform, illuminated by glowing lines, the strips shining blue. The air was oddly clean for somewhere so obviously industrial, skyscrapers and hovering across the vast landscape. Ever since arriving to the world of Pokemon, she'd had to remember that this universe was no stranger to futuristic-esque technology, but this was overkill. Grimer and electric types must've had a field day in this place, with plenty of roosts for winged beasts. But what rabbit hole had she fallen down to end up here?

So many mysteries, so little time. In her arms, an especially pink Whismur rested, her eyes twitching as odd-looking eyes took in the peculiar sights. Given the gaps to her memory and the endless culture shock this world thrust upon the short individual, Alice was rarely seen travelling without one of her Pokemon to comfort her. Hell, in the beginning, areas that forbid such escorting had given her severe anxiety. This was one of those moments.

“This place is pretty crazy, isn't it, Atsumu?” Alice questioned, her near-stereotypical British accent breaking the nervous silence. Her Pokemon cooed back in agreement. Her colour stood out against the young woman's clothes: a roundneck grey sweatshirt, patterned with autumn leaves, white lace torn and hanging from the end over the beginnings of plain denim jeans. A mixture of Love and Poke Balls, along with other supplies, were packed safely into a brown crossbody bag.

“I guess we've got to figure out how we got here and how to get back home.” Alice decided aloud, grumbling about what a nightmare these messes were. She couldn't even afford a home in a safe location yet, most offered areas under threat of flooding or severe storms, so Alice either slept rough (ew), or in the Pokemon Centre. Stranded homeless in unfamiliar grounds wasn't great, though, especially when one threat was just tumbling into an endless abyss or breaking her legs by dropping several levels down in this winding cyber city. Arceus forbid.

“Whismur~!”
“Same. Let's get to it, then.”

((Character shizzle.

Active team for this adventure: Peaches/Pichu, Lotad, Abra, Atsumu/Whismur, Samantha/Snubbull, Blaze/Torchic))
Old 12-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #261
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
New New Mauville - officially color sponsored by "lightcoral"

Meetan:

You continue walking on the strip, wondering where you are and how got here in the first place. With your mind wandering of you fail to notice the pathway below you changing. Soon though, a hovercar passes you at great speed, and soon after that another, and another. They honk, and a passenger from an open-top car seems to be shouting some foul words at you. Then, when a car misses you by just an inch, you stumble back and fall off the suspended road, keeping hold of your Whismur for dear life.

You fall, one meter, two meter, five meter, you close your eyes and your whole life flashes in front of you, ten meter, and all of a sudden you find your fall broken by big soft, but very smelly mess. A moving mess at that. With your eyes still closed out of fear you decide to wait it out till you stop moving around. Not much later you hear a beeping sound and feel yourself and everything else around you falling and come to a definite halt. Then, when you open your eyes you see yourself and Atsumu surrounded by a heap of trash and a group of three enthusiastic Grimer "Gimer?" "Griiime!" "Grimer!"

You get up and find yourself right near the exit of the New New Mauville Garbage Dump, the Grimer however would rather take you with them by the looks of it. You're dirty and a shower would be nice as would getting out of this place, but the Grimer broke your fall and essentially saved your life.

With the night starting to fall in, which way will you go?
Old 01-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #262
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post

Meetan:

You continue walking on the strip, wondering where you are and how got here in the first place. With your mind wandering of you fail to notice the pathway below you changing. Soon though, a hovercar passes you at great speed, and soon after that another, and another. They honk, and a passenger from an open-top car seems to be shouting some foul words at you. Then, when a car misses you by just an inch, you stumble back and fall off the suspended road, keeping hold of your Whismur for dear life.

You fall, one meter, two meter, five meter, you close your eyes and your whole life flashes in front of you, ten meter, and all of a sudden you find your fall broken by big soft, but very smelly mess. A moving mess at that. With your eyes still closed out of fear you decide to wait it out till you stop moving around. Not much later you hear a beeping sound and feel yourself and everything else around you falling and come to a definite halt. Then, when you open your eyes you see yourself and Atsumu surrounded by a heap of trash and a group of three enthusiastic Grimer "Gimer?" "Griiime!" "Grimer!"

You get up and find yourself right near the exit of the New New Mauville Garbage Dump, the Grimer however would rather take you with them by the looks of it. You're dirty and a shower would be nice as would getting out of this place, but the Grimer broke your fall and essentially saved your life.

With the night starting to fall in, which way will you go?
Alice and Atsumu screamed in unison as they made their fast descent. After everything, she was going to get herself and Whismur killed just because she hadn't being paying attention. Images flashed of her parents, school friends, games, the first time she'd done her own injections, waking up in Mediville-- so many things.

They didn't die, but Alice did flail herself out of the masses of Pokemon, roll over onto her stomach and vomit. Those Grimer were potent, but friendly, it seemed. She was glad they didn't attack for falling on them.

"Thank you, I'm sorry. So sorry, oh my gosh." Alice added, rambling her gratitude and apologies at once as Atsumu tried to scruff trash from her fur. Alice could see that the trio were making some kind of fuss, and while she really would rather get out, the two of them were not going to make much headway alone. "If you don't mind, I'm not actually from around here and we fell while we were lost. I'm not great on my feet in a place like this-" It was a mucky, unbalanced waste deposit, after all, "but I'll come with you if you can maybe help us out? Deal? Sorry for falling on you-- again."
Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #263
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion

Meetan:

The three Grimer react ecstatic, their bodies moving up and down as if they try to jump while being glued to the ground. One of them slides towards you and grabs your hand, guiding you through the landfill while the other two Grimer lead the way. The further they three lead you, the more unsure you and Atsumu become if this was such a good idea. A feeling that only gets stronger when you see where they lead you, but now there is no way back anymore.

“Grimer, Grime Griii!” “Gri Grimer.” “Mer?” “Grimer Grime, Mer Grimer!” The three Poison-types have a little argument when they reach a huge sewage pipe that sticks out of an even bigger wall. You look up, but all you see is a wall sticking out of the darkness above. Eventually the Grimer go inside, and with a healthy dose of reluctance you and your partner follow them. The pipe is old and dark, a thin layer of water still standing. Nothing suggests that it is still in use. A few minutes later however you start to see a faint light in the distance, but then the three Grimer take you into a small corridor that leads to an oddly new and modern looking door. They point at it making excited noises so you give it a push to see if it opens, which it doesn’t. And as you take a closer look there is no obvious way to open it from your side.

You’re considering your options. It’s quite clear this door is not meant to be an entrance, no matter how much the Grimer want to use it as such. If you want to help the Grimer you have to find another, perhaps more forceful, way to open it. Or you could go back to the main pipe and go towards the light, but who knows what you will find there.

With only two ways forward, which path will you follow?
Old 03-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #264
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Wow," Meowth remarked. "I'm surprised dey agreed ta let him outta deir sight."

"Well, don't forget, Meowth," said Keith Masters, "Hermione and Scorpius both know how much they can trust me. Besides, they know the best way for their son to get to know the world around him is to experience it for himself." With that, he turned and smiled at the small insect riding on his other shoulder. "Isn't that right, Albus?" he asked.

"Weedle, Weedle," nodded the young Bug/Poison-type. He glanced around curiously at the sights, though right now, there weren't many sights to see. The road they were wandering was nondescript. The scenery consisted primarily of the occasional tree growing by the road. And their destination? Not even Keith knew that one. They had no definite destination in mind today, simply preferring to see where the road would take them. Albus in particular, having seen so little of this great big world so far, was eager to see whatever he could see.

"Right," Keith grinned. "So yeah, let's see what we can see." With that, he continued down the road, Meowth on one shoulder, Albus on the other.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #265
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

MissingNo. Master

(Please reply in Medium Turquoise.)

You, Meowth, and Weedle walk through the scenic countryside, enjoying a pleasant breeze. The trees grow sparsely, but are pleasantly full of leaves and verdant, unripe berries. Occasionally, a Miltank or Tauros can be seen grazing in the endless fields. In the distance, atop a hill, there is a whitewashed farmhouse partially visible, standing by its lonesome. It's a peaceful enough area, more than suitable for a picnic or any number of afternoon pleasantries. Such niceties will have to wait, however...

The path wraps around an old grain silo. As you round it and come upon the other side, something strikes you. There's a throaty yelp as a young man in a red beanie and an over-sized white button-up lands hard on his rear end, having falling after slamming into you at a full sprint. He looks ready to yell at you for a moment, apparently blaming you with the collision, but then thinks better of it, realizing you might be useful.

"Hey-" He blurts, scrambling to his feet. "You-! You gotta help me! My Vulpix-... you gotta help me find my Vulpix!"

He grabs you by the wrist, lookinh genuinely frantic. What will you do?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #266
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
MissingNo. Master

You, Meowth, and Weedle walk through the scenic countryside, enjoying a pleasant breeze. The trees grow sparsely, but are pleasantly full of leaves and verdant, unripe berries. Occasionally, a Miltank or Tauros can be seen grazing in the endless fields. In the distance, atop a hill, there is a whitewashed farmhouse partially visible, standing by its lonesome. It's a peaceful enough area, more than suitable for a picnic or any number of afternoon pleasantries. Such niceties will have to wait, however...

The path wraps around an old grain silo. As you round it and come upon the other side, something strikes you. There's a throaty yelp as a young man in a red beanie and an over-sized white button-up lands hard on his rear end, having falling after slamming into you at a full sprint. He looks ready to yell at you for a moment, apparently blaming you with the collision, but then thinks better of it, realizing you might be useful.

"Hey-" He blurts, scrambling to his feet. "You-! You gotta help me! My Vulpix-... you gotta help me find my Vulpix!"

He grabs you by the wrist, lookinh genuinely frantic. What will you do?
The scenery grew more and more pleasant as they continued onward. The trees yielding unripe berries, the grazing Miltank and Tauros, even the farmhouse. The overall effect was very nice. "Wow," Keith remarked. "This is a nice place."

"Yeah," Meowth agreed. "Very peaceful out here."

"Weedle," nodded Albus.

"Yeah, coming out here is really seeming like a good ideaaaAAAAGH!" Keith exclaimed as he was suddenly slammed into by someone the exact instant they rounded an old grain silo. The culprit fell to the ground, though Keith was able to remain upright. He did stumble backwards, but Meowth and Albus didn't even get knocked off his shoulders. "What the-" Keith began, before the young man scrambled to his feet. Clearly frantic, he grabbed Keith by the wrist, and begged him for help finding his Vulpix. "Wha- your Vul- well, sure, yeah, I'll help," Keith agreed as the request registered in his mind. "In fact, if you have anything that would have your Vulpix's scent on it, maybe let Albus here take a whiff. Weedle have an incredible sense of smell, so if your Vulpix is anywhere around here, and Albus gets the scent, we'll probably find it in no time."

"Yeah, and if Albus has half as good a sense o' smell as his mother does, den dis is a good idea," agreed Meowth.

"Weedle. Weedle Weedle," Albus nodded.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #267
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Missingno. Master:

"Smell-?" The boy clarified, eyeing the Weedle doubtfully. After a beat, he shook his head, as if to clear his thoughts. "No-... I don't think we'll need to," he admitted. He pulls you off of the trail and into one of the fields. "My name's Gemini," says the boy, as you pass by a large, crumbling well. It's clearly dry and long abandoned; more like a cave than a water source. "You can call me Gem. I live around here. My Vulpix, I think he's up there."

He points out towards the farmhouse you had seen earlier. From where you stand in the field, you can see that the paint is chipping, and the windows are dark, except for one on the second floor, where a candle appears to be burning.

"The old woman who lives there is a real see-you-next-Tuesday," Gemini mutters, with an air of contempt. "I think he wandered too close to her yard, and she snatched him up. H-here-..."

Gemini reaches down, and pulls what initially appears to be a bracelet off of his wrist. When he hands it to you, you realize it's actually a collar. "That's his, if you think your Weedle could find him with it. But I bet you he's in there. I bet she's got him. That miserable old b- urgh. Please, please, go get him. I-... I'm too scared to go up there."

He looks at you, pleadingly and on the verge of tears. The young man is clearly in his twenties, and doesn't look like the easily frightened type. However, he's obviously very scared of the old lady at the house -- maybe she really is bad news. What will you do?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #268
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:

"Smell-?" The boy clarified, eyeing the Weedle doubtfully. After a beat, he shook his head, as if to clear his thoughts. "No-... I don't think we'll need to," he admitted. He pulls you off of the trail and into one of the fields. "My name's Gemini," says the boy, as you pass by a large, crumbling well. It's clearly dry and long abandoned; more like a cave than a water source. "You can call me Gem. I live around here. My Vulpix, I think he's up there."

He points out towards the farmhouse you had seen earlier. From where you stand in the field, you can see that the paint is chipping, and the windows are dark, except for one on the second floor, where a candle appears to be burning.

"The old woman who lives there is a real see-you-next-Tuesday," Gemini mutters, with an air of contempt. "I think he wandered too close to her yard, and she snatched him up. H-here-..."

Gemini reaches down, and pulls what initially appears to be a bracelet off of his wrist. When he hands it to you, you realize it's actually a collar. "That's his, if you think your Weedle could find him with it. But I bet you he's in there. I bet she's got him. That miserable old b- urgh. Please, please, go get him. I-... I'm too scared to go up there."

He looks at you, pleadingly and on the verge of tears. The young man is clearly in his twenties, and doesn't look like the easily frightened type. However, he's obviously very scared of the old lady at the house -- maybe she really is bad news. What will you do?
The boy looked somewhat doubtful of Albus's ability to track by scent, but before the Weedle could take too much offense to this, he added that it was unlikely to be necessary in any case- he had a good idea as to where the Vulpix was, it was getting to the Vulpix that would be. He then introduced himself as Gemini- an easy enough name to remember, considering Keith's Weezing went by the same name. "I'm Keith," Keith replied. "Good to meet you, Gem."

Gemini pointed out the farmhouse from earlier. Were it not for a candle burning in a window, Keith would have thought the place to be abandoned. The paint was chipping, the other windows were all dark. And according to Gemini, the inhabitant of said farmhouse was not exactly a pleasant person. He handed Keith a collar that belonged to his Vulpix, which Keith accepted. Gemini was clearly scared of this old woman, and seemed convinced that she took his Vulpix.

Keith looked at the collar, thinking. Gem did not seem like the kind of guy who was easily scared, though that was going by appearances alone, and Keith knew better than to judge by appearances alone. Maybe this old woman really was bad news, but he had to consider the possibility of a misunderstanding of some kind.

"Well, alright," Keith nodded. "I'll get your Vulpix back. Albus, here, take a whiff of this," Keith said, holding up the collar for his Weedle to smell. "You get the scent, point us in the right direction, alright?"

"Weedle," nodded Albus, as he sniffed at the collar, taking in the scent. Once he thought he had it, Keith took away the collar, and Albus started to sniff at the air, to see if he could detect the Vulpix's scent.

"Alright, so if Albus points us to the farmhouse, I'll go over, knock on the door, and explain the situation," Keith was saying to Meowth.

"Oh, yeah. It'll be dat easy," Meowth responded sarcastically.

"Hey, maybe it will," Keith said fairly. "We don't know. And if it's not that easy... well, we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it."
Old 03-15-2017, 11:42 PM   #269
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Missingno. Master:

Albus sniffs the air feverishly. At first, he seems drawn to the abandoned well, but it's too dark to see inside. Gemini seems rather skeptical that the lost Pokémon is inside, but produces a small pen light from his pocket, and shines it inside, revealing an empty, sloping pit stained with mineral deposits and studded with unremarkable rough quartz stones.

Momentarily disheartened, but by no means a quitter, Albus makes another attempt to sniff out the rogue Vulpix, and this time, his search takes you up the hill, towards the house. You wind round and round the building, as if the Vulpix had wandered the property, before finally coming to a stop outside of a dusty kitchen window. Albus seems pretty certain this is the place, but when you turn to get Gem's opinion, you find he isn't there; rather, he is standing at the foot of the hill looking up at you, apparently too spooked to approach the house. It seems rather peculiar that a young man of his age would be so unnerved by a crotchety old lady, but it appears the Vulpix is, indeed, in the house. What will you do?
Old 03-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #270
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:

Albus sniffs the air feverishly. At first, he seems drawn to the abandoned well, but it's too dark to see inside. Gemini seems rather skeptical that the lost Pokémon is inside, but produces a small pen light from his pocket, and shines it inside, revealing an empty, sloping pit stained with mineral deposits and studded with unremarkable rough quartz stones.

Momentarily disheartened, but by no means a quitter, Albus makes another attempt to sniff out the rogue Vulpix, and this time, his search takes you up the hill, towards the house. You wind round and round the building, as if the Vulpix had wandered the property, before finally coming to a stop outside of a dusty kitchen window. Albus seems pretty certain this is the place, but when you turn to get Gem's opinion, you find he isn't there; rather, he is standing at the foot of the hill looking up at you, apparently too spooked to approach the house. It seems rather peculiar that a young man of his age would be so unnerved by a crotchety old lady, but it appears the Vulpix is, indeed, in the house. What will you do?
"Weedle... Weedle... Weedle?" murmured Albus, eyeing a nearby abandoned well.

"The well?" Keith murmured. "Well, let's give it a look, then. If Vulpix is down there, then this is nothing a good String Shot won't fix," he smiled. Alas, if only it were that easy. Gem shined a light down into the well, revealing it to be dry, unremarkable to look at, and more to the point, completely devoid of Vulpix.

"Weedle..." sighed Albus.

"Alright, well, keep trying, Albus," Keith said. "It was your first try, you can't expect to get it perfect your very first try. Try sniffing again, see if you can get the scent, hmm?"

"Weedle. Weedle Weedle," nodded Albus. He was a bit disappointed by his utter failure of a first attempt- he was so sure he could detect Vulpix's scent in that well! Moreover, he wasn't exactly keen on perfecting the art of tracking by scent, considering he'd lose his outstanding olfactory capabilities upon evolution, but right now, he knew it was important that he keep trying- even if that skill of his wasn't going to be a permanent fixture of his skillset, it was very vital to them right here and now. Reuniting Gem and Vulpix could very well depend on the young Weedle's remarkable nose. And so he sniffed at the air some more, and this time, glanced in the direction of the farmhouse. Keith led the way. They approached the house, walked all around it, and finally, Albus's nose led them to the dusty kitchen window.

"Well, then," Keith remarked. "I'd say that pretty much confirms Vulpix is in there. Right, Gem? ...er, Gem?" He looked at where he was sure he'd see Gem behind him, only to see absolutely nothing. Indeed, a moment later, Keith spotted Gem down at the foot of the hill. Meowth facepalmed (facepawed?). Keith, however, didn't really react with much surprise. Considering how much the farmhouse and its less-than-amicable inhabitant creeped him out, Keith supposed it wasn't much of a surprise that Gem wouldn't follow them to the house.

"So, wat do we do now?" Meowth asked.

"Well, like I said," Keith said, walking to the front door. "We knock, we explain the situation to the woman who lives here, and see where that gets us." As he spoke, he knocked on the front door. If the woman living within was really so irritable, Keith had no intention of giving her an excuse to not help them out- it was his intention to be as civil here as he could, and so he waited for someone to answer the door.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #271
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Missingno. Master:

Approaching the front door, you knock a couple of times. There is no answer, so you knock again, and then a third time. You're about to give up, when the sound of multiple deadbolts retracting informs you of someone's presence. When the door swings open, however, it isn't an old lady who greets you, but rather a young man about Gem's age, with a thick mop of curly hair styled into a maroon fauxhawk, the color almost certainly straight from a box, and more pink than red. In ripped jeans and a band t-shirt missing its sleeves, he looks rather out of place in this pastoral landscape; his aesthetic more suited to the back alleys of Kalos or the Mauville Food Court. There's a sadness in his eyes, as he looks you over.

"Can I help you?" He asks, finally, with a listless tone. His eyes wander over your shoulder, staring into the distance. What will you do?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #272
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:

Approaching the front door, you knock a couple of times. There is no answer, so you knock again, and then a third time. You're about to give up, when the sound of multiple deadbolts retracting informs you of someone's presence. When the door swings open, however, it isn't an old lady who greets you, but rather a young man about Gem's age, with a thick mop of curly hair styled into a maroon fauxhawk, the color almost certainly straight from a box, and more pink than red. In ripped jeans and a band t-shirt missing its sleeves, he looks rather out of place in this pastoral landscape; his aesthetic more suited to the back alleys of Kalos or the Mauville Food Court. There's a sadness in his eyes, as he looks you over.

"Can I help you?" He asks, finally, with a listless tone. His eyes wander over your shoulder, staring into the distance. What will you do?
Keith was not altogether sure what he expected here. The door to fly open and him to be chased off the premises by a crazy old woman brandishing a cane and swearing like a sailor? A kindly and misunderstood elderly woman who would gladly return the Vulpix? No response whatsoever? Any of those would be some of Keith's best guesses. What he never would have guessed, however, was the person who answered the door. Eventually. Keith had been about to give up when he heard the sound of numerous deadbolts being opened- enough deadbolts to make even Ginny, Keith's paranoid, security-obsessed Pawniard, think something doesn't seem right about this. And then the door swung open, and Keith was caught by surprise, for the person who answered the door was by no means an old lady.

A young man had answered the door. He looked close to Gem's age, if not his age exactly, his overall appearance giving the impression that he'd be much more at home at a rock concert. There was also a sadness in his eyes and a listlessness to his tone as he addressed Keith.

"...I hope you can, yeah," Keith responded, nodding. "My name's Keith- I'm helping someone look for their missing Pokémon, and it went missing around this area. I'd like to ask if you or anyone else in the house may have seen a Vulpix around here recently?" he said.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:49 AM   #273
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Missingno. Master:

"My mistress is asleep," he informs, blandly, not really answering your question. His eyes flicker backwards, towards a staircase just barely visible behind him, deep in the gloom of the house. For a moment, he looks frightfully uneasy. When he turns back to you, his gaze once again focuses on something nonexistent in the distance beyond your shoulder. There is a beat in time, before he finally looks at you, dead in the eye. His are the same unnatural shade as his hair, though he does not appear to be wearing any sort of contact lenses.

"You... like finding Pokémon," he notes, though it almost sounds like an accusation. "My Sableye ran off, last night. If you bring him back to me, I'll fetch the mistress of the house, for you."

He doesn't sound like he's rendering a request, but rather as though he is making a demand. You don't get a chance to protest his entitlement, however, before he continues.

"You'll know him when you see him," he explains. "He's not like other Sableye. He's white, y'see. So pretty. Like a diamond. He's never left me like this, before, but I'm sure he had his reasons..."

The young man grows quiet a moment, picking at the paint on the doorjam with his thumbnail. He seems wounded by the fact that his Pokémon has left him. Finally, he inhales and continues, now refusing to look at you at all.

"Tell him... Kit misses him," he informs, tone curt enough to curdle milk. His mood swings are sudden, and unpredictable. Before you can react further, he steps back, slamming the door in your face. It appears that he will provide you with no further assistance, until you find this white Stables of his. Things are getting more and more complex. What will you do?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-16-2017, 02:05 AM   #274
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:

"My mistress is asleep," he informs, blandly, not really answering your question. His eyes flicker backwards, towards a staircase just barely visible behind him, deep in the gloom of the house. For a moment, he looks frightfully uneasy. When he turns back to you, his gaze once again focuses on something nonexistent in the distance beyond your shoulder. There is a beat in time, before he finally looks at you, dead in the eye. His are the same unnatural shade as his hair, though he does not appear to be wearing any sort of contact lenses.

"You... like finding Pokémon," he notes, though it almost sounds like an accusation. "My Sableye ran off, last night. If you bring him back to me, I'll fetch the mistress of the house, for you."

He doesn't sound like he's rendering a request, but rather as though he is making a demand. You don't get a chance to protest his entitlement, however, before he continues.

"You'll know him when you see him," he explains. "He's not like other Sableye. He's white, y'see. So pretty. Like a diamond. He's never left me like this, before, but I'm sure he had his reasons..."

The young man grows quiet a moment, picking at the paint on the doorjam with his thumbnail. He seems wounded by the fact that his Pokémon has left him. Finally, he inhales and continues, now refusing to look at you at all.

"Tell him... Kit misses him," he informs, tone curt enough to curdle milk. His mood swings are sudden, and unpredictable. Before you can react further, he steps back, slamming the door in your face. It appears that he will provide you with no further assistance, until you find this white Stables of his. Things are getting more and more complex. What will you do?
To say the young man was less than helpful was an understatement. He said nothing about the Vulpix, merely that the mistress of the house was currently asleep. He looked uneasy for a moment, then established eye contact with Keith, at which point Keith realized that his eyes were the same color as his hair. It didn't seem natural, and yet, Keith didn't see any evidence of contact lenses of any sort. It was odd, he thought, to say the least. Before he could say anything, about the eyes, the lack of answers, or otherwise, however, the young man spoke up once more, this time to request- nay, demand- that Keith seek out his white Sableye. Keith had never heard of a Sableye that was white instead of purple before, but then, most people could very well say they've never heard of a dark grey Scolipede, or a white-finned Stunfisk, or the Ultramoonguss, all of which Keith knew quite well by this point. Before Keith could so much as respond to any of this, the young man finished by telling Keith to tell the Sableye that Kit misses him before slamming the door in Keith's face.

"...Well, dat went smoothly," Meowth said sarcastically. "Now we gotta locate a lost Sableye before we can make any progress on da Vulpix?"

"Seems that way," Keith sighed. "The guy's got a lot of attitude, but it's clear he misses his Sableye. Hell, I was pretty frantic that time you ran away, Meowth."

"Yeah, well, witout me-owth, you'd be lost, wouldn't ya?" Meowth purred smugly.

Keith chuckled. "Keep telling yourself that," he replied. "Alright, let's see what we can do about finding this Sableye, then." With that, he walked back down the hill, towards Gem. "Hey, so, here's the thing," Keith said to Gem. "The guy that answered the door, to put it mildly, wasn't helpful at all. Thing is, though, his Sableye's missing. It seems that if I help find the Sableye for him, he's gonna be more help to us in this. I don't suppose you've seen a white Sableye anywhere within the last day?" Keith asked Gem.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #275
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Missingno. Master:

Gem waits for you to descend the hill, but at the mention of the young man at the door, he visibly tensed. Then, at the mention of the white Sableye, he tenses further.

"A white Sableye...?" He presses, not looking you in the eye. There is guilt in his time. "I, uh-... I don't know about that-... h-hey. Maybe you could bring that boy down here?"

Gem fidgets with his hands, and begins to bite a thumbnail. He's clearly not telling you everything he knows. What will you do?

[OOC: Sorry this one is so short. I'm at the hospital. - Tate]

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records