UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive

Old 06-26-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Grovyle Intermediate Trainer Battle: uhhhhh vs jolteonjak

Same day, another battle. Will it ever be enough for the residents or Fizzytopia? Probably not. And who can blame them? I certainly won't because who doesn't get psyched like a 10 year old boy when they see a Pokémon battle getting started? No need to answer that... Let's just see what we have here.

uhhhhh vs jolteonjak
Intermediate Trainer Battle
1v1 Single Battle
48 hour DQ
Arena: Ref's Choice*
Hold Items: Yes
Heal Items: No

*Since you both have a large variety of different Pokémon, I picked Astoria's Waterfall Valley because it has the perfect setting for such a large variety of Pokémon to feel at home in. This means the arena doesn't limit your options as air, land and (under)water battles, or mixture of all of these are possible.

Astoria's Waterfall Valley: Countless waterfalls surround this 100m x 100m battle arena where eight small rivers (5m deep, 2m wide) flow from each of the rudimentary directions and form a pool in the center, with the rest of the arena being grassy lands and large trees surrounding the pool, making it ideal for those wishing to do battle between Pokemon on land and Pokemon who live in the water. The pool itself is only 30m in diameter and 15m deep so smaller Pokemon may battle within or travel along the rivers which are interconnected. Wild Pokemon living within the rivers may attack the participants if they feel provoked so be careful.

Rules of this match:
Standard battle rules apply so
- PM me your Pokémon and your first orders, what you PM me is what you get to use!
- First round is reffed
- RNG determines who goes first in the next round
- Orders are reversed after each reffing
- You can order up to 3 moves each round, dodging counts as a move
- Battle ends when either Health or Energy reaches 0%
- PM me any questions you may have at any point

Fancy RP to come when the battle starts so get those PM's in!
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #2
Escalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteonjak
I hope Uhhhhh isn't using a Water type. Also, I hope it's ok that I didn't quote the opening post...

Chad stared at a piece of paper as he walked forward. He walked up to Waterfall Valley reading a map the entire time. He almost fell in a river if he hadn’t broke away from the map in time to see he was at the edge of land. He finally looked up and around the area. ‘This place is beautiful,’ he thought to himself. ‘I’ll have to thank Rowan for choosing such a nice place afterwards.’

He approached a couple people standing next to each other talking to each other. “Sorry to keep you both waiting,” Chad bowed apologetically. He extended his hand to the man on the left. “Nice to meet you I’m Chad.” He did the same with the man on the right. Facing the man named Connor after some pleasantries, he commented, “Shall we get started? Good luck Connor.” He shook Connor’s hand again. Chad looked at Rowan again, “Thank you again for being available to ref this match.”

The two trainers put some distance between themselves with Rowan, as referee, in the middle. Chad hadn’t thought too much about whom he would use. The battle chosen was for sort of an awkward time in a Pokemon’s development. Not quite beginners and not quite seasoned or expert. He had a few that fit this bill, and most of them would do well in this environment. Quagsire and Poliwhirl would make fantastic use of the water, for example. Unfortunately his fire types wouldn’t shine here, so he knew not to take Numel or Torkoal. ‘I’ll take you out soon Torkoal and show everyone how great you are!’ Chad thought.

Chad reached in his bag for a Pokeball, a specific Pokeball, and he found it. It was dark in color, some black, some blue, and on the front there was a crescent moon. He tossed it in front of him sending out its contents to the battlefield. “Accelgor, it’s time!” Chad announced. Appearing from the Moon Ball was a large bug wrapped in bandages with a large pink head. In one of hands was a poisonous barb that he’d been given somewhat as a weapon. “Ok bud. Let’s see how your ninja training has paid off.”

“Ok Accelgor, let’s get some protection for yourself going as soon as possible. Start things off with a Rain Dance. Next annoy your opponent with a little Infestation. Finally rush in for a Quick Attack. Stay sharp bud!”

Spoiler: show

Name: Accelgor
Classification: Shell Out Pokémon
Type: Bug
Held Item: Poison Barb
Level: 27
Nature: Serious
Ability: Hydration
IQ: 3/100
Contest Stats: Beauty – 80 || Cool - 100 || Cute - 100 || Smart – 100 || Tough – 100
Happiness Points: 10
Birthday: May 14
Evolutionary Chain: -> Trade with ->
Received: Trade with Balmund

Moves
Level Up:
Acid Spray | Double Team | Final Gambit | Leech Life | Power Swap | Quick Attack | Water Shuriken | Acid | Bide | Curse | Struggle Bug | Mega Drain | Swift

Egg Moves:
Baton Pass | Feint | Mind Reader | Mud-Slap | Pursuit | Spikes

Move Tutor:
Bug Bite | Gastro Acid | Giga Drain | Knock Off | Signal Beam | Sleep Talk | Snore

TM/HM/CM:
Focus Blast | Hidden Power (Ghost) | Infestation | Protect | Rain Dance | Sludge Bomb | Swagger | Toxic | Venoshock

Bonus Moves:
Bullet Seed
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh

Spoiler: show
Nickname - Jacques
Species - Gliscor
Classification - Fang Scorp Pokémon
Obtained - Egg House
Original Trainer - Connor (uhhhhh)
Gender - Male
Birthday - July 2
Level - 29
Type - Ground/Flying
Nature – Impish
Ability – Hyper Cutter
Beauty Points – 0
IQ – 1
Contest Stats - 0/0/0/0/0
Ball – Premier Ball
Held Item – None
Level-up Moves - Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Harden, Knock Off, Quick Attack, Fury Cutter, Faint Attack, Acrobatics, Slash, Night Slash
Other Moves - Sand Tomb, Feint, Aqua Tail, Poison Tail, Rock Slide, Metal Claw
Event Moves - None

"Aaaaaaaaah, sorry I'm late!"

The young photographer rushed to the battlefield as Connor's almost unrealistically horrible sense of direction had gotten him lost once again. Even after his many years of travelling around, this was one thing that the photographer still could not fix. "Aw man... I screwed up big time. Sorry about this Rowan, Chad, didn't mean to keep ya both waiting. You know how it is..." the man said in-between pants as he recollected himself after rushing his way.

When Connor finally gathered his bearings, he stepped into his side of the arena as he took in the surroundings around him, "Mmm, the Waterfall Valley huh? This should be interesting, considering who I'm picking..." on cue, the young photographer grabbed a Premier Ball from his waist as he calls out his Pokemon.

"Time to shine, Jacques!" the ball then reveals a giant bat-scorpion Pokemon as it slowly materializes in front of Connor. The Gliscor looked around to see his area and he is visibly shaken as he realizes that they are in the battlefield and why Connor called him out. "G-Gli...?!" Connor firmly grasped one of Jacques' pincers and smiled, "I know you'll do great Jacques. Can you trust me?" both Trainer and Pokemon stared at one another until the Jacques nodded, the timid Gliscor willing to put his trust on Connor, "That's the spirit!"

As Connor and Jacques were now both ready, the photographer now brought out his camera as he gave out his orders, "Alright, let's begin shall we? I want you to Harden first, launch a Sand-Attack, and finally go for an Acrobatics!"

And that's formalities done. Now for the fun part!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rowan is happy both trainers arrived when they did. With not much experience as referee just yet he hoped for as little problems as possible so he could focus on the important things of a battle, the Pokémon. When both Chad and Connor called forward the Pokémon they intended to use in the upcoming battle, Rowan saw his opportunity to try out a new, expensive toy he bought to aid him in his refereeing, a fast, waterproof, all-terrain refereeing drone with hi-speed multi-vision camera capable of capturing all the action anywhere. A great tool to have in a valley like this, where the environment can make it difficult for the human eye to follow every step of the action.

“Let’s get started I’d say,” Rowan begins as he takes his place, the drone hovering above him, “I want good and fair battle, so no dirty tricks please. I’ve briefed you on the rules in the post above, so let’s BEGIN!” Rowan moves his arm down to and the drone takes off, as do the Pokémon.

Accelgor, using his superior speed, is quick to move indeed. He moves around gracefully, as if it were a dance and shoots a blue-ish beam of energy into the air. Jacques looks up at the sky, wondering what his opponent is doing, but so far it doesn’t seem to do much at all. Still unsure though, the Gliscor hardens his muscles, preparing himself as good as he can for any potential impact.

That impact comes, but not from the sky where the Gliscor is expected it to come from, instead it comes in the form of one of the Plagues of Egypt as Accelgor unleashes a swarm of locust upon him. The insects swarm around the Fang Scorpion Pokémon and bite and sting every bit of flesh they can find. Jacques frantically flails around, screaming it out, to get the bugs off of him which he eventually manages to do, though the bugs still buzz around him. Jacques finally has time to focus on what´s going on again, and sees Accelgor is coming in Quick to Attack again. The Ground-type reacts on almost on instinct, making a graceful summersault in the air by bouncing of his strong tail, purposefully whipping up a cloud of sand to strew the incoming Ninja-Bug in his eyes.

Accelgor, thankfully for him, is too quick and close by for the sand to have any influence on his attack and thus he still strikes Jacques with lightning speed, causing the Gliscor to be knocked back. The Accelgor’s eyes though are still full with sand, and the Shell Out Pokémon is disoriented as a result. Jacques though sees a great opportunity in his opponent’s current state. Already having taken to the sky after being hit the Gliscor now feels in his element. The sky is where he has his advantage and he plans to take it.

Feeling light as feather, Jacques glides through the air with impressive speed and agility, stringing together a series of breathtaking aerial Acrobatics. Loops, barrel rolls, spins and all kinds of figures, and to top it off Jacques lights up and ascends as high as he can only to come crashing down with incredible speed. Then, as he almost hits the ground, he suddenly pulls up and slams his claw into the unsuspecting Accelgor, hitting him right there where it hurts the most with incredible force. Jacques knocks his opponent back a fair bit and takes to the sky once again. Accelgor though is trying to recover and catch his breath, as right now he looks to be fighting an uphill battle.

Rowan meanwhile has been following it all closely from under a tree, the weather is nice and thanks to his drone the work as referee is not that hard. But just as he thinks about that, he feels a drip of water falling on his nose, and more follow soon after.

“Bummer, looks like we're having rain.”

Energy: 83.3%
Health 69.8%

Energy: 88.8%
Health: 90.5%

RNG determined uhhhhh is to go first

And PM any questions you may have.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:55 AM   #3
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
"...Cripes." Connor frowns as he and Jacques start to feel the raindrops pouring on their heads, the Gliscor dreading the weather that comes with it, turning to his trainer with a worried expression written all over him. They knew they had no way of stopping the rain and thus had to resort to what they have. "Sorry Jacques. We'll just have to bear it for now..."

With that, he turned to face his opponent once more, the bug clearly hurt by the last move Jacques had performed. Wanting to keep up the momentum, the photographer orders once more, "Rain or shine, it doesn't matter! Jacques, Defense Curl once more, hit him with a Metal Claw, and make use of their rain with Aqua Tail!"
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Oops...should have subscribed to this..

"Using Jacques, eh? I have my work cut out for me it seems," Chad said to himself as he watched the battle begin. Watching the swarm of locusts do their thing, Chad got another idea, while it was still early in the match.

"Accelgor, use Toxic and then use Venoshock! Finally dodge that Aqua Tail! With this rain, that'll hurt if it connects!"
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Escalion

With the wind picking up and the rain now really starting to pour down on the trainers and their Pokémon, there still seems to be no effect on the battle that is taking place in the Waterfall Valley. An Accelgor and a Gliscor are going at each other with all they have. Though tactical decisions are there to be used and abused as well.

Jacques, back on the ground and bouncing on his tail, now takes a small jump and Curls himself into a ball, covering himself in his own tail and wings to bolster his Defenses. The Gliscor-ball seems nigh impenetrable, but Chad and by extension Accelgor see it as an opportunity. The Shell Out Pokémon is indeed coming out of his shell more and more and goes on the offence. He gets close the Bat-Ball, but instead of pounding down on it like a rabid Kingler, Accelgor releases a big purple blob of Toxic poison that splashes over the unsuspecting Gliscor, who then quickly gets out of the way. At that point though it’s already too late, the deadly toxins have already started to find their way through his skin and into his bloodstream.

Shaking the remaining purple patches off of him, and letting the rain do the rest, Jacques now stands ready to retaliate. His right Claw sparks up and gets covered in a silver-Metallic layer of Steel-energy and launches himself forward with a powerful push of his tail. Jacques flies towards Accelgor in a straight line with his claw ready to strike. His opponent attempt to avoid being hit, but a swift last second barrel roll ensures a direct hit in the Accelgor’s stomach. And a hard hit it is, the Fang Scorpion hit at high speed and with the full force of his weight behind it.

Rowan can see Accelgor isn’t taking the hit well, he’s stumbling back a little and seems to be grasping for air. Then, suddenly, Accelgor violently throws up a green liquid. Jacques finds himself covered in the green mess, and much to Rowan’s surprise the Gliscor is screaming it out in pain. He quickly realizes though that the liquid is not simply the content of Accelgor’s stomach, but is instead a potent mixture of toxins that is cause a Venoshock in Jacques. Due to recently being poisoned the attack is causing way more pain and discomfort for the Gliscor than it actually should. Jacques however is lucky it’s raining. While the damage has already been done, the rain quickly washes all residue of his weakening body giving him full mobility to use the rain to his own advantage.

Jacques spreads his wings and rides a gust of wind up into the air, there a stream of water starts to swirl around his tail. Powered by the rain the stream of water gets ever more powerful when the Gliscor falls into his nosedive towards Accelgor, who stands firm on the ground, fully focuses on his attacker. Jacques is crashing down fast, but just as he is about to smash into the earth he pulls up quickly and loops around attempting to slam his Aqua Tail into Accelgor. The latter though has been paying close attention, and his superior speed does the rest. A simple but lightning fast move to the left leaves Jacques to hit the ground instead, completely missing his intended target.

And to make things worse for Jacques, the toxins start to work and tiny bugs are still attacking him.

Energy: 69.4%
Health 51.1%

Energy: 71%
Health: 67.2%

jolteonjak is to go first

Old 08-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Chad watched the results of last round's attacks and observed, "Ok, so the rain lowers the effectiveness of Venoshock. I'll have to keep that in mind." Add that to the list of things Chad had to worry about.

"Accelgor, use Water Shuriken! Jacques' defense may be raised, but they should still hurt with this rain! Next use Double Team for the remainder of this round!"
Old 08-10-2016, 02:25 AM   #7
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

(RP to come later)

"Harden once more, and Acrobatics twice!"
Old 08-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
Escalion

Maybe I should add rounds so...: Round 3

Accelgor is eager to get going in the rain he himself created. The pouring rain seems to be at its peak now with big drops of water falling down at rapid speeds, turning the grasslands in a somewhat muddy mess and making the eight small rivers flow over and that much faster than before. The bug type, feeling in sync with nature and his ninja-skills, runs across the battlefield and with a few shift movements throws five razor sharp Water Shurikens at Jacques. The five-pointed stars fly at the Gliscor too fast to avoid, and that they are boosted by the rain doesn’t help either. Jacques cannot do anything but brace himself, which is just what he does. He quickly gets in positions and Hardens his muscles to be better equipped to handle the damage. The shurikens still hit the Flying Scorpion hard and he only manages to fully brace himself for half the attack.

Having taken the highly boosted attack like a man, Jacques pushes himself back into the air, the one place where he can best recover and catch his breath before attacking himself. Accelgor though doesn’t sit still, in fact it looks like he’s moving around so fast he’s leaving behind some very lifelike afterimages, and no less than four at that. Rowan has to take a good look at the footage of his high-speed camera drone to even see which one is real, meaning Jacques can only guess.

Guessing is just what he does though; there simply is no other option. With a lot of Acrobatics and a variety of aerial maneuvers he commits himself to a nosedive as he has done before. Then, at the last second he pulls up from his dive and drives himself straight into one of the five Accelgor, only to fly straight through it. Jacques hit a clone.

The miss angers Gliscor, but he knows he has another chance. As a result of having missed the real target, Jacques carries the speed of the previous attack with him. This speed he can harness to attack once more and that is just what the angered Jacques does. He spins around and takes aim again, spinning ever faster in his rage, and drills himself… into the real Accelgor! The force of the attack knocks him down to the ground hard and causes a lot of hurt for the Bug-type who screams out in pain by the super-effective nature of the attack.

Both Pokémon, still standing in the pouring rain, look each other straight in the eye. Despite some distinct advantages, Jacques and Accelgor seem to be evenly matched. But Jaqcues being poisoned and still bothered by tiny bugs every time he takes a moment to recover might quickly start to take their toll.

Energy: 51.9%
Health 31.3%

Energy: 56.2%
Health: 31.5%

uhhhhh is to go first

Old 08-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #9
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

(whoops did I really forget about this again)

"Go, go! Acrobatics twice! Dodge any attempts of a Special move or a Water Shuriken!"
Old 08-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

(My first plan involved using an attack Accelgor didn't know, oops!)

"Protect against that first attack. Then use Bug Bite while you're up close and use Venoshock!"
Old 11-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #11
Escalion

Round 4: Something something.

Both Pokémon are starting to reach the end of their power and with Accelgor playing the waiting game, which he can afford to do given Jacques’ current condition, the Gliscor is forced to go on the offensive. One again he takes a big leap into the air using his tail as lever to push him up. With the rainstorm at its absolute peak Jacques visibility is limited, but using his species echolocation skills the bat-like Pokémon manages to use the powerful winds to drive himself downwards after a series of most impressive aerial Acrobatics. The attack itself holds great power too, but just before it connects Accelgor erects a blue-greenish dome of energy around him to Protect himself. It stops Jacques right in his track, he can look the smirking Accelgor in his eyes, but that is all he can do and leaves the Gliscor no other option than to back off and give his Acrobatics another go. Jacques somersaults himself off of the energy dome to push himself into the air and start his attack all over again.

The second time around it is more successful. Accelgor is taking very little effort to avoid being hit, which to Rowan looks like a very big but calculated risk. The Fang Scorpion Pokémon slams his wing into the already weakened Shell Out Pokémon and takes him with him. It’s something Accelgor had counted on however. The pain from the Flying-type move is great, but Accelgor Bites through it, pun intended, straight into Gliscor and releases some Bug-type energy. The attack is not very effective, but it does just enough to get Jacques out of his concentration which brings them both to a halt.

The sudden stop drops Accelgor to the forest floor. There’s not much life left in him and he needs to gather almost all of the power he has left to even get back up on his feet. Yet, much to Accelgor’s surprise, Jacques just stands there panting. It gives the Bug-type just the opportunity he needs to spit a quick stream of green liquid at Jacques. The Gliscor sees it coming, but hasn’t got the faintest clue whether or not the stuff is “special” or not. Yet, since getting hurt isn’t something he likes, he decides to just jump into the nearest tree anyways. Unfortunately it’s just a tad too late to avoid the full attack and some liquid makes it onto his wing causing him to fall into a light Venoshock, but once again the Toxic poison already in his blood combined with the annoying bugs only add to his suffering.

Rowan sees it all happening, it doesn’t look good for either Pokémon. They’re tired and visibly hurt from this high-intensity battle. At least there’s a positive note he thinks, the rain looks to be past its peak and those little bugs that had been bothering Jacques are finally gone too.

Energy: 31.9%
Health 1.1%

Energy: 44%
Health: 14.3%

jolteonjak is to go first

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive