UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 AM   #51
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Re: Journey to Midnight Island (Special Campaign)

Light, or darkness. Joshua stood in silent contemplation, staring at the legendary Cressilia. Forced to choose between his most twisted nightmares, and the limitless dangers Darkrai could have waiting for those who returned to reality. His mind wandered, random thoughts caressing his synapses.

A burst of red light answered his thoughts, a monstrous form emerging from her home to heed her trainer's plight. Standing several heads above everyone, Kris the Tyranitar stared at the darkness around them, and smiled. Her eyes locked with her trainers, and he knew at once she was happy here, in darkness, in misery.

"We'll stay, and fight in darkness." Joshua's voice was almost lost to the shadows that threatened to engulf them, but he knew the legend had heard him. Kris crossed her arms, readying herself for anything and everything.
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #52
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Stark couldn't believe what was happening. Had it all been a trap? Was he just as much under the influence of Darkrai as Professor Luna was? Afterall, he did have just as much of a desire and drive to get to Midnight Island as she did? the thought sickened him. To be used like that. Fortunately, there may have been something he could do about it.

Cresselia, a pokémon of light had come to their aid. However, as it stood, only half of them would be able to escape the nightmare they all found themselves in. It was a choice, and not one Stark particularly liked. For a moment he thought about staying behind to let someone else go free. Granted the sacrifice would have been noble, but at what cost? If he stayed he may never escape. and if he never escaped, he would never be able to stop Darkrai once and for all. No the choice was obvious. He would have to go to the Light if he had any chance of stopping Darkrai at all.

Stepping forward he announced his decision to the other trainers, "Alright guys, I'm going to the Light, and I promise those of you who are staying behind that I will do everything in my power to stop Darkrai and set you free."
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #53
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee still couldn't quite comprehend how this journey had gone from a simple exploration tour to a life-threatening adventure involving two legendary Pokemon. Darkrai..a truly fiendish foe. To think that the Professor had been under his control all this time..that Pokemon possesses some really troubling powers. If he could avoid it, Lee didn't want anything to do with it at all anymore, so he rejoiced when he heard that Cresselia was able to return them to the real world. However, there was a catch: only half of them were able to leave.
This was a difficult situation, and an even more difficult decision each of them had to make..stay and fight the nightmares here, or leave and fight Darkrai's agents in the real world? As much as he wanted to leave this hellish place, the other alternative didn't really sound safe either..however, he had to make a decision, and so, after some thinking, Lee made up his mind.
He cleared his voice and announced to the others "Well, I've decided to return to the real world and do my best there. I don't feel comfortable at all here, and I think my abilities as a trainer are of more use to us all in the real world. I swear that I'm going to do my best out there so that all of you that stay behind can escape this place as well..let's make sure this nightmare ends soon, for all of us."
With that, he stepped back and waited to hear what the other trainers had to say..
Old 02-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #54
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Ricco couldn't believe that he was within a dark nightmare. As if those Starmie weren't bad enough, this Darkrai fellow turns it into a frightening experience. He never should have gone. He keeps saying this to himself ever since those Starmie showed up. His team's safety was vital, as well as his own. If he stays here, he's sure to be done for, but if he ran away, what would this make him for the entire trip? A coward?

"What's more important," he thought, "My life, or my bravery?"

Ricco didn't have enough time to think this over, but with what he had now, he wasn't ready to take Darkrai's minion's head on. He had to retreat for now, even if it made him more of a coward.

"I want to stay here, but I'd rather keep my team safe than my self." he said to himself.

He turns to the rest of the group, who were still making a consensus, some willing to go to the light world to aid those in the dark. Perhaps it was best for him, but what could he do?

"I'll go to the light world as well. I am NOT staying here, not if my team is in danger. I don't care if it's worse out there, if we can get away from him then..."

Ricco couldn't get the words out.

"I'm not going to give up on myself. I'll go out to the light and help you all out in any way I can!"

Ricco might be pushing his luck if he thinks this'll be any easier, but it was better than staying in this world. He looks up at Cresselia and nods.

"Cresselia, let me accept the Lunar Wing and escape from this nightmare!"

Ricco had no intention of losing his Pokemon, and will do everything in his power to prevent this from happening. He was willing to stay as far away from Darkrai as possible, but for how long? Ricco gulps as he begins to accept the Lunar Wing from Cresselia. This wasn't going to be easy.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #55
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs

After hearing Cresselia's plea after being nearly destroyed by Darkrai, Zach stood in contemplation of what he should do. Stay in darkness, distracting Darkrai and fighting in an eternal nightmare...or venture out into the real world and seal Darkrai back and save themselves? He looked at his fellow trainers, seeing them pick sides as they stepped forwards and verbalized their decisions. He even saw Cyrus stand up and say he wanted to stay in the realm of darkness. Remembering the agreement to stick together they made back at the port, Zach had no choice but to stick to it.

"I'm going to stay behind and fight in the eternal nightmare."

He turned back and waited with those who were doing the same.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #56
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

Plague flew back after his part of the battle had been completed. As far as Rayne could tell the Starmie he and Gary battle was beaten, but that did not mean the rest of the crew won their battles. As he looked around he noticed various pokemon battling against their respective Starmie, and most seemed to have had the upper hand. But just as victory seemed within grasp the Starmie recovered; luckily the engine was thawed and they could continue to the island … or not. The boat was not moving, and to make it worse several forms appeared on the horizon, flying above the island and towards the boat. Rayne managed to identify the pokemon as Driblim, before an odd dizziness overtook Rayne.

He woke several minutes later, and to his relief and astonishment none of the pokemon or trainers were missing, and the Starmie were gone, but before he could gather his senses though the crew found themselves pinned with yet another danger. An ominous voice boomed in the night sky. Rayne shivered slightly, something about this voice made him rather fearful, it forced memories he did not want to remember back into his head. As he struggled with suppressing this fear the island came alive, and its arm seized the boat. Out of panic Rayne recalled his Scyther, and prepared to be engulfed, but nothing happened.

When he opened his eyes the dark night sky was replaced with a bright white light; they were in some sort of odd dimension that had no shape or distance that could be discerned; it was just white. And then a pokemon he would never have hoped to see appeared, he did not appreciate its appearance until he pulled out his pokedex and pointed it at the unknown pokemon. It was Cressilia, and according to his pokedex it was a legendary pokemon. In awe he fumbled through his pokedex applications, and took a snapshot of it; as he always did when spotting a rare pokemon.

The legendary briefed the crew about the situation at hand, and Rayne quickly realized this was far more serious than he anticipated. “What did I get myself into?”. He thought to himself, but he now had to decide. Would he stay here and distract Darkai or go back to the real world and lock him up for good? Rayne remembered the fear that voice had evoked, he certainly did not want to experience that again. If a pokemon could play around with this sort of emotion, he knew he could be able to unleash Rayne’s biggest fears on him; he would not stick around for that. Calmly he stepped up, and grabbed hold of one of the Lunar Wings. He did not show his true feelings, he did not show his terror, but he knew he would aid the crew in locking this menace away. Rayne shook his head to clear his mind, clearing it completely of any emotion for the time being, locked it away like he had so many times before.

“I will go back, and we will lock Darkai away.” He said calmly, not betraying his now hidden feelings.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #57
zami
Pokemon Trainer

Catherine stared at the floating object in front of her, it was the way out here the way to freedom. Not really since who ever accepted this job would be taking care of Darkai in the real world. She felt a sickening feeling just thinking of its name. The creature had a profound effect on her just after this short incounter and she really did not want to find out what it had to offer in the near futar.

Dark or light. Those were her choices and both were going to be filled with many problems and tough decisions. Things may seem rough but she was not going through this alone there were several other trainers joining her in this journey. She did not know many of them too well but teamwork was need if they wanted to save the world. A small but uncertin smile crept onto her face as she thought of the good points of the situation.

Suddenly an old adventure started to flash through her mind, it happened a while ago but it felt like it had just happened in her mind. The battle against Rayquza, it was a tough battle filled with many problems and it was a lot like the situation she was in now. She should probably considered her self lucky to have seen three pokemon in her short career as a trainer but it was not so grand when you were fighting against two of them.

Shaking her head she realized that she must focus on the task at hand instead of moments of the past. She must use her experiances effectivly and gather up the strength she had back then to once again entering another frightening experiance. She had to make her desicion but her mind was filled with a foggy confusion. To stay behind and live in a world of darkness or go into the well known land but face a bunch of unknown chalanges. She gulped and try to see if she could speak what path she should take.

"Well...uhm," she mumbled in a lone tone that she guessed no one else heard. It was so hard. A lot harder then she ever thought a desicion could get. There was so little time to make it and if she made the wrong one who knows what could happen. It could lead to the distru... no she must not think about those things her thoughts must remain positive if she wanted to be of any use.

She looked around at Cressilia,the darkness and the other trainers who were coming up with disicions of their own. She then felt it come to her the answer of what path to take. She could feel it tuging at her mind calling her to it. As much as she did not want to make such an important disicion on a simple whim she could not help but think that this urge was much more then that. Feeling cofident with this choice she was about to make she took in a breath of air and perpared to speak out to the others.

"I am going to fight in the light," Catherine told the others in a soft but cofident tone. She slowly reached out towards the Lunar Wing now perpared for what ever was waiting for her in the real world. She was ready and she was going to give it her all.

PC
Ledy Lv 100 (M) Shimmer Lv 100 (F) Shine Lv 100 (M) Saphira Lv 35 (F)
Angel Lv 53 (F) Buneary Lv 1 (M) Lapras Lv 40 (F) Vasukia Lv 35 (F)
Athrun Lv 100 (M) Eevee Lv 1 (F) Nidorino Lv 34 (M)[/center:38imtg0o]
Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #58
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

Beka looked down at his shoes. He was ashamed. Ashamed of his team, of his skills as a trainer, and of himself. He looked around at all of the people selecting where they are going, and he was torn. He could stay in the dark, but that would put himself and his team in danger. On the other hand, he could go out into the light, and with his slightly underpowered team, he wasn't sure of how much use he was going to be...
One of his pokeballs opened up, and in a bright flash of light, Julie the Pichu was staring up at him off of the ground. "Julie.." he smiled. "What do you think, girl? Do you think we're strong enough to fight off nightmares?" Julie let out an energetic cry and puffed up her chest, making her look tough. Beka laughed.
"Cresselia, I've made my decision. I'm going to stay here in the dark. My best wishes go out to whoever is going to release us!" He stepped back into the darkness, but not before copping a quick Pokedex scan of Cresselia. Man, he thought, no one's ever going to believe this!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #59
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Journey to Midnight Island - Ones Own Path

A difficult decision was put before everyone. And while some knew what they had to do, others had trouble making their decisions. Prof. Luna and Dr. Mensis look towards one another. Prof. Luna then shouts to Cresselia, "I will stay behind! This nightmare is what I deserve for tricking you all here!"

Dr. Mensis in shock responds, "Preposterous! You didn't know this would happen! We all came here with good intentions!"

"No. Staying behind is best. If I am under Darkrai's influence, then I put everyone else in jeopardy. What if I betray you all again? This nightmare is where I belong..."

Dr. Mensis couldn't deny it. It was clear she thought it through. For her to return to the real world would be a great risk. "Fine. I'll go back to the real world! I'll help seal away Darkrai! Then we'll all be able to go back!"

All the trainers make their decision. Although not all were confident with their decision, they knew it had to be done. Cresselia nods. Seven Lunar Wings appear. Dr. Mensis, Gary, Stark, Lee, Ricco, Rayne, and Catherine take the mysterious crescent shaped object. It had warm luminescent glow as they each picked it up.

"The Lunar Wing will reawaken you all from this dark dream. It's power is directly linked to the strength of your Pokémon. If your Pokémon are put asleep or fainted, the strength of the wing will decrease proportionately. If your Lunar Wing loses all of its power, you'll be forced to come back into the Nightmare, but even if so, if you can overcome the darkness, you may be capable of reviving the wing's power and escaping again. But this is a difficult feat."

Cresselia then turns towards those who decided to remain.

"You are the truly brave ones. In these Nightmares, you face many challenges. Darkrai will try his best to conquer you. The darkest parts of your mind will come to attack you. I will do my best to keep Darkrai from claiming complete control of you and your Pokémon. If you can overcome your fear, you will not need to worry."

The light around you begins to fade. Cracks form. Darkness begins to creep in.

"The barrier weakens! Go now! Before it's too late!"

With those words, Cresselia sends those with the Lunar Wing away! In a flash of white light, they vanish. Meanwhile, those who decided to remain witness the black close in. In but mere moments, they are once again surrounded by absolute black.

This is only the beginning. Each group will receive a separate update soon.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #60
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Real World Blues.

All members who wished to return to the real world will have their updates done in blue. They are also to reply in blue.

You slowly reawaken from what feels like a horrific nightmare, but as soon as you open your eyes, you see your companions asleep on the deck of the ship, trapped in a world you can't even begin to fathom. You then look up and soon see an unwelcome sight- Driflblims still floating overhead. Dr. Mensis quietly crawls inside the ship's cabin, and gesturing everyone to follow. The Drifblim mindlessly float above you, unaware of your movements.

After sneaking into the ship unnoticed, you all huddle under the windows keeping out of sight. Dr. Mensis quickly peaks his head out and looks towards the twilight horizon and your ultimate destination- Midnight Island. He then looks up at the six Drifblim before ducking back under.

Dr. Mensis begins, "It's clear the Drifblim put us to sleep before, putting us into Darkrai's nightmare. If they see us again, we might be back to wear we started-"

Just as he finishes his sentence, a glowing light appears before each of you. The light then condenses and in a flash- forms into the Lunar Wing! It glows faintly still and soon a voice begins to come through.

"It is good to see you have all awakened."

The voice of Cressilia. It continues.

"This Lunar Wing will keep you and your Pokemon away from Darkrai's nightmare, but it is directly liked to the each of you and your Pokémon. The weaker your Pokémon are, the higher likelihood you will fall back into the darkness.

"There is more you need to know. Firstly, not all of Darkrai's minions are willing. Some are sleeping slaves driven by Darkrai's command. Others have been promised great power for serving him. If you defeat a sleeping slave, your Lunar Wing will help exorcise Darkrai's influence and they may yet help us. But to do this, you will require extra energy. If you defeat Darkrai's waking minions, the energies given to them by their master can be absorbed by the Lunar Wing and used for our advantage. But defeating them will not be easy, so take caution.

"In an emergency, you may also use your extra Lunar Wing energy to revive one of your fallen Pokémon. But remember, the less energy your Lunar Wing has, the more susceptible you will be to Darkrai's nightmare. And his many minions will try very hard to place you back into his dream."

Cressilia's voice begins to fade.

"Now I must go. You are our only hope. Please save the world from Darkrai's influence."

With that, the Lunar Wing goes silent.

Dr. Mensis looks at the faintly glowing Lunar Wing and clenches it in his palm. "We need to hurry to Midnight Island and stop this. The Drifblim are guarding the ship, but they don't know we're awake. We can try to start up the ship and rush towards the island. They'll likely chase us and there's a possibility we might run into Darkrai's other minions. Or we can try to defeat them now. What do you think?"

You guys have 14 days to respond.

Nightmare Group updates comes tomorrow. Thread will remain locked until their update is posted to prevent confusion.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records