Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
lmao

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #452
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Just popping in to say that Conquest Lunatic Endgame can officially rot in hell. It's beyond me how anyone can beat this without LTC strats (while not losing their sanity in the process). So, before I resort to cheese, anyone here already tackled this beast the slow and steady way?

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 11-11-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #453
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Are we talking about somehow trying to avoid your Inevitable End?

Give Shurikenbreaker to literally everyone I guess.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #454
Balmund
'Munds of fun

The ninjas are the lesser of evils. They can be controlled with Freeze staves until you end them during player phase. The real problem is dealing with the staff savant bots with enfeeble and inevitable end, and the hexing rod great masters, while also trying not to get sandwich'd between literally infinite hordes of faceless. Shurikenbreaker doesn't save you from that, and even against the ninjas, it doesn't lower hit rates to absolute 0. And we know the only numbers one can trust in any FE are 0 and 100.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #455
Balmund
'Munds of fun

So, revisited conquest lunatic endgame after several weeks of neglect (Shin Megami Tensei IV had taken my attention in the meanwhile) and finally managed to end this beast. No deaths, and no rescue/pass cheese. Still used rescue. For those interested in the general strategy,

Spoiler: show
I focused on having the enfeeble-spamming maids killed by turn 2. I had someone ready to rescue the units sent to kill the ones on the far left and right, while the one who killed the middle maid was set up to deal with the ninjas. Conquest enemy AI is amazing here, as it would've been terrible if the ninjas attacked recklessly despite doing 0 damage to my tank. The rest of the map then went on far more smoothly. Seize choke points, play aggressively and make good use of attack stance. Turtling just makes the map into even more of a headache once the suicide-bombing faceless start spawning. Had Corrin reach the boss by turn 6 and one-round him in the process.

EDIT: Btw, while I'm personally not a fan of buying skills from other castles, I'd like to correct some inheritamce mistakes I've made. If any of you NA players have a Vantage Dwyer and a Replicate Shigure, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me get those skills.

Last edited by Balmund; 11-13-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #456
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Finished an FE7 draft for Hector (Normal) Mode yesterday and this happened:

Spoiler: show

[B]E L I G O D]/B]

Here's the team, note that Lords + Athos were free.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #457
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

FIRE

EMBLEM

WARRIORS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #458
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah, looks cool. Some doubts on the Discord (Kuva's worried it's going to be 3DSFE and Marth).
All we've seen is the Fire Emblem, five legendary swords (Marth's Falchion, Chrom's Falchion, Yato, Raijinto and Siegfried) and about three seconds of Chrom in what looks to be a cutscene. Not much. From the swords, we can infer that Chrom, Corrin, Xander, Ryoma and Marth are going to be in the game.

Clearly there's going to be more people. My guess is that all the FE characters in Smash (Ike, Roy, Lucina and Robin) are going to be playable because of popularity and recognition. People know them from Smash, it opens it up a bit. Also, I think we'll have Tiki and Anna as playables. Tiki's been present in multiple games, and is arguably the most iconic Manakete in the series, so she'll be a deadcert for the shapeshifter representation. Anna's a series mainstay, she's been in every Fire Emblem game to date with the sole exception of Gaiden. She's well-known and one of the few characters who will be recognisable to almost everybody who's ever played a Fire Emblem game. With regards to 'who else', I reckon there'll be a mix. Probably one character from almost every class. Hector immediately springs to mind: He's the only Lord who wields an axe as base, and he counts as representation for the first Fire Emblem game to make it out of Japan. Also, I reckon there'll be a few more shapeshifters, maybe some of the Laguz from FE9/10 or some of the more recent ones like Panne, Keaton and Kaden. The other royals from Fates are likely to make an appearance tbh, although I'm not sure how they'll implement healers. Will they be promoted?

This brings me onto my main issue: Weapons. Hyrule Warriors gave each hero a specific weapon, no two people had exactly the same, although about ten of the 29 playables had some form of sword. Fire Emblem treats weapons a lot differently. I can see unique weapons being locked like in normal FE, but what about other characters? Will there be weapon progression like in HW, or will it work differently? Can some people wield different weapons? Is reclassing a thing? So many questions, not enough time to watch the stream.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #459
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Yeah, looks cool. Some doubts on the Discord (Kuva's worried it's going to be 3DSFE and Marth).
Not so much as worried as I'll be surprised if it's more than 3DSFE, Marth, and Ike.

I'd be okay as long as every Lord (yes, even Alm and Celica) are in the game but I'm still doubtful. TMS#FE is a thing and the only characters represented from FE were from Awakening and FE1/FE11, which is why I'm really not expecting much.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #460
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

If Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, it had representation from TP, MM, WW, ST, OoT, SS, LBW and LA, plus some original characters, although LoZ has the benefit of there being a solid three to four recurring characters who feature in almost every game (Link, Zelda, Impa and sometimes Ganondorf). Which... doesn't inspire much confidence. There's one game-unique character from a 2D LoZ game and they were in the second wave of DLC, everyone else's games were more recent than that. Applying that to FE, I'd read that as being representation for... roughly just the games that made it to USA/Europe. Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, PoR, RD, Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates, maybe with Mystery of the Emblem. Highly doubt there'll be much representation from Gaiden, the Holy War or Thracia, and if anyone but Roy makes it in from Binding Blade I'll be surprised.

The main issue with 'lol every lord' is crossover: Of all the Lords in the series (which according to the FE wiki is Marth, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Chrom and Lucina), there's only two who don't use swords: Hector and Ephraim. Adding in the other lord-esque units, Alm, Celica and Corrin, still only adds more sword-wielders. You're not telling me that they can wrangle unique fighting styles for all those sword-using Lords. I mean, if we go to promoted Lord classes, then Ephraim's the only Lordesque character without a sword, as he's stuck on monolance all game.

For a breakdown:
Marth: Sword
Alm: Sword, Bow
Celica: Sword, Dark Magic, Light Magic
Sigurd: Sword, Lance
Seliph: Sword, Lance
Leif: Sword
Roy: Sword
Eliwood: Sword, Lance
Lyn: Sword, Bow
Hector: Axe, Sword
Ephraim: Lance
Eirika: Sword
Ike: Sword, Axe
Chrom: Sword, Lance
Lucina: Sword, Lance
Corrin: Sword, Dragonstone, Tome/Staff

The main issues come on comparison. Comparing the mounted Lords, we get Sigurd, Seliph, Eirika, Ephraim and Eliwood. Just Sword users, there's Marth, Leif and Roy. The main distinctions that there could be is a difference between quicker attacks against stronger attacks to differentiate between the likes of Marth and Roy, or Lucina and Chrom.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #461
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Where's Micaiah on that list? She's the other Lord of Radiant Dawn and uses Light magic and staves.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #462
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

were tibarn
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-14-2017, 03:28 AM   #463
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I think the wiki skipped her because there's another Lord in one of her games and I don't think her class is explicitly 'Lord'. Regardless I plan on seeing what it'd look like if all royals, not just Lords, were included. Soon...
Old 01-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #464
phoopes
Double Dragon

Clearly the distinction is that Marth will have a stronger hitbox at the tip of his sword
Old 01-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #465
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Marth is best girl

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #466
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Nah, there'll probably be a bigger distinction between Marth, Roy and Lucina. Roy'll have fiery attacks and be the power guy, Marth'll do lots of quick, small hits and Lucina will probably be more like Chrom, but with the same sort of attack speed/power parallels. Also hopefully they work lances into Lucina/Chrom's stuff.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #467
Emi

So I've had Fates for a while (technically, Conquest, but I still consider it "gotten"), but I haven't had the motivation to make a post until now!

Pros: Finally get to play
Cons: Fuck I'm late

I played on Casual my first run (and am currently doing a fun run next before I try to do something on Hard Classic). Ninjas are evil, Faceless are evil, Tacomeme is still more memey than Taco Bell, Camilla is borked, Xander is borked, Corrin is borked, Shining Bow is borked, Leo and Elise are _almost_ borked, Shura / Velouria / Nina / Soleil are all solid af.

Mozu is trash in CQ and I'll never accept otherwise.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #468
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

*hides beautiful Sniper Mozu who is one rounding every enemy she blinks at*

idk gal leo p meh effie tho?
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #469
Emi

Effie trailed off for me because of her low Mov and Speed making it so she wasn't promote ready by the time units came by who were capable of replacing her. A lot of CQ maps are not terribly kind to turtling, which hurts her. Even the survive map with Takumi is generally a bit better handled proactively (unless you want 40 billion pegasi knights flying over the wall).

Leo for me was probably hampered by the fact I didn't have a solid pair-up unit to remedy his Speed flaws, but otherwise he's probably the best anti-mage unit in the game with Seal Magic, Lifetaker, and his passive. But he consistently stays useful, has a massive damage output, and has solid Mov. He might do better as a Strategist because the ability to use Staves >>>>>>>>>>>>> Swords but I'm not sure how his physical bulk compares in that case. It says something that I was much more willing to send him into the fray than Nina who at the end had somewhere around 33-34 Res and a Shining Bow.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #470
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

I mean I admit I gave Effie boots but she's fucking invincible and I love her

Chapter 10 I almost cleared first time through turtling (archer Mozu on the ballista really helped) except Oboro critted Arthur in the final enemy phase.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #471
Emi

I didn't have any Boots at the time because IntSys are dicks and made Boots about as common as gay relationships. By the time I picked up the pair in the end game I barely remember who I gave them too. Nina? Velouria? Corrin? Honestly man, no one knows. And I didn't want to use the free DLC because my serious runs aren't going to use it.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 AM   #472
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Effie/Silas is literally everything you need emi.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #473
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Direct tonight! Any predictions? Expecting at least some FE Mobile and Warriors.

2 pm PST, 5 EST, 10 GMT
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #474
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Mobile is confirmed to be a major thing, especially as we've heard literally nothing about it and it's supposed to launch before the end of March. Warriors is probably the other main thing. Map Pack 3 for Fates might also appear (finally).
Old 01-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #475
Emi

Patches for more homosexual S-supports

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games