UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Contest Hall Records
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Umbreon I plead the Fifth. Cool Contest Normal Rank, that is =o

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the FIFTH ever Cool Contest Normal Rank, where we will see who's the top dog/balls of magnets/ghost/electric rat/mongoose/giant water snake/big electric...thing. Hopefully this contest won't be the fourth contest in a row to be won by a DQ, but that's *probably* what it'll come down to. >>; Just try to please stay active, guys and gals. The first round we'll be hosting today is the ever popular appeal round, and so we'll start off by posing the rules:
Quote:
Every Contest in this Contest Hall starts with the first round of appeals. There, the participants will go on stage, and be given a bag. What the bag contains is totally random, but all of the trainers get the exact same items. During the appeal, it is NOT mandatory to use the items given to you, but it's recommended, for if the items are used in a well combed manner, bonus points will be rewarded. During the appeal, a trainer may tell his pokemon up to five attacks, nothing else. Before entering the stage, the trainer will be offered to choose an arena of his choice. There's a machine in which he'll type in the arena of his wishes and in seconds the arena will be recreated just as the trainer wanted. The scoring will be based off the moves they used, their coordination to their environment, their looks, and the type of attacks used. Ordering cute or smart moves will cause a trainer to lose points, while beauty and tough moves will be allowed without penalty. Originality will also be counted, for if a trainer uses an appeal that has already be seen, he or she will lose major points, and or will be disqualified, so please do something new each time. The trainers with the highest scores will move into round 2, the Semi Finals. Items can not be used from the beginning of this round, so if you're to use a special item, make sure you've attached it and or used it before this Round has BEGUN.
Here, the top 4 will be selected, and all of the rest will be sent home.
Now that that's been settled, let's see what the item of the day shall be... *Reaches into a magical top hat* Today you may use the use of a very nifty... Glow Stick! That should make things interesting. The glow sticks come in an array of almost any color you can think of, and come in a variety of lengths, from half a foot to as long as two feet long! As a bonus, you may use up to TWO Glow Sticks as well! You may crack them before the appeal so your pokemon doesn't have to worry about starting it up. My suggestion: use a dark stage for best effect. Just be careful to nt repeat someone else's appeal or it may hurt you! And finally, last but not least, let's take a look at our contestants! Today we're graced by the presence of:

Stu and his stellar Magneton Downy looking for a second win,
Jon and Trick, his Zangoose making their cool debut,
Jerichi and Luxord the Raichu, hoping to make the finals this time,
DB and his powerful Gyarados, Kaine, also making a debut,
Stacey and her mischevious Banette, Lucius who look to impress,
and finally Shadow with Zapster the Electivire, and their contest debut!

And that's all there is to it! 5 days to appeal, or you're done!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Torkoal Stu
This

Re: I plead the Fifth. Cool Contest Normal Rank, that is =o

Note: Haha good to get in early I guess :P

“Alright Downy, we’re here once again!” Stu shouted excitedly as he had the best idea in mind ever for this Contest. He walked and the Magneton floated after him as they headed onto the stage which was a standard contest stage just completely blacked out…completely. Stu, however, used the Rainbow coloured Glow Sticks to find his way until he got to the precise point to start his appeal. He placed both Glow Sticks (of normal glow stick length) into the grooves of Downy’s magnets making him glow with the colour of the rainbow glow sticks. “Right this is the first time you’ve had Cool Points so that should help us out but stay calm…or something like yeah!” Stu tried to encourage his partner before he went out for his big performance.

“Float right into the centre with your rainbow glowing-ness and wait for a few seconds so the audience have a chance to get used to you, then create a bright Flash of light to light up the entire arena instantly! Now after that Volt Tackle from centre stage to right above the audience, then stay high up and unleash your Discharge so all the audience can look up at your electrical prowess and be all ‘ooooh ahhhh’. Just make sure none of this electricity hits them. Then float back centre stage creating some Swift stars as you go so they do that awe reacting above the audience thing and then once you get back to centre stage give them a nice bow for being so lovely.” Stu commanded hoping his Magneton could handle it all.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Entering the Hall, Shadow faced the arena simulator with his face poised in a most thoughtful frown. After a seriously long period of mulling, he began to key in coordinates and hexadecimal codes into the supercomputer, only pressing the confirmation button after a long while, the arena instantly changing into a virtually-generated interface of what looked like a typical fighting game, with bars indicating health and special-attack-charges, a timer designed to countdown for 99 seconds, combo moves and scoring systems all programmed in. The virtual fighting arena was designed to look like a graveyard at the rather literal dead of night, framed by a full moon against eerily bare trees and ancient tombstones. Zapster's name and statistics were shown on the left; the respective parameters on the right were under the name of "Blood Reaper". Shadow twiddled with the buttons some more; under the Blood Reaper's half of the virtual screen appeared a gross fusion of a Crobat and Dusknoir. It had Crobat's wings fused to its back and the mouth on the Dusknoir's lower body was gaping open, its sharper designed fangs dripping with blood. Selecting two fluorescent yellow, two-feet lightsticks, Shadow gave them to his waiting Electivire, one for each hand.

"Zapster, I've designed an arena simulating a fighting game for you to showcase your coolness against an apparently formidable foe," Shadow began to explain. "You'll be facing a computer-generated enemy against which you'll use your attacks on, but I need you to perform them in accordance to the 'storyline' I've fixed up.

Your appeal process will kick off with the words "Zapster, Warrior of Light versus Blood Reaper" flashing across the screen; this will indicate the start of the battle. When the words disappear from the top of the screen, the 'Blood Reaper' will snarl at you as a battle taunt; while this happens I need you to break the lightsticks in your hands while you surround yourself in a dazzling Thunder Wave, as if the lightsticks are granting you immense power. Then, you'll need to strike the Blood Reaper with a Thunderpunch to get the first hit bonus; the respective words will appear on your side of the screen to indicate this, so as to display your swiftness. The Blood Reaper will be programmed to let you score this hit with no interruption, and his health bar will take a hit.

A few seconds later, the Blood Reaper will fire a series of Shadow Balls around; I need you to use Quick Attack to dodge all these in quick succession. I've programmed the Blood Reaper to attack at a convincing speed to make you look as though you're fighting a highly difficult opponent, yet slow enough for you to easily dodge everything with your Quick Attack.

Following this, the Blood Reaper will charge at you with a Giga Impact; you'll have to defend yourself against this with your Barrier. The Giga Impact will not only be programmed to be useless against your Barrier, but also enough to raise your "special charge" bar to the maximum, allowing you to unleash your "special finisher move". The moment the bar hits its peak, I need you to howl at the sky with your hands in the air; this will trigger the programme to decorate you with your special finisher backdrop animation, which looks as though a thousand lightning bolts are striking your hands from above to give you extra power as the screen blacks out. Once the bolts finish 'striking', you'll attack the Blood Reaper with a Cross Chop. I've programmed special effects into the arena to send out 'waves of energy' from the point of collision where this happens to make everything look more dramatic. After the waves pass, the original graveyard background will reappear, and the Blood Reaper's health meter will deplete completely, leaving it to fall to the ground defeated. The word "WIN" will then flash across the screen, for you to strike a victory pose, ending your cool battle sequence against a formidable foe.

Zapster, I understand that this will be an extremely draining appeal concept for your debut, but I've planned all the odds to go in your favour and I have great confidence in what abilities you do have," smiled the scientist. "Now, take your place at your side of the 'screen' when it's time, and make us all proud."

The Electivire gazed back at his trainer, and nodded.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 04-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Stacey and Lucius watched as the previous two contextants performed their appeals. It was gonna be tough to beat such impressive displays but they liked a challenge. They watched as Electivire walked off stage and it reverted to its normall appearance before they made to move.

"Okay Lucius, just give it your all and most importantly have fun, I know we didn't do too well last time but that doesn't matter. You'll blow them away this time," she said confidently. Lucius grinned a little more confident himself having experience and Cool Points now on his side. Stacey moved over to the arena generator and began to program in her specific arena for their appeal. The plain background shimmered and morphed into a dark room with polished wooden floors. The walls had several small mirrors lining them and with funky glitter and paint decorating them. The centre of the room had a raised portion of floor 5 inches high in a square shape. Above it hung a fancy glitter ball and several small round mirrors designed for reflecting coloured lights onto the floor. A dull white light was hitting the glitter ball so that the stage beneath was just visible. A light dance beat began to play from unknown speakers and Stacey found herself begin to bob to the enticing music.

"Okay Lucius your stage is ready for you," she said grinning as Lucius cackled happily well impressed with it. He floated over the raised flooring and stood ready. Stacey cracked the glow sticks and shook them to get the illuminous, one was a bright green and the other a bright pink. Getting the ready signal from Lucius she tossed the sticks to him and he caught them both before picking a pose, his arms crossed and his head down.

"Lucius, this beat is to irresitable you feel it, I feel it, begin to dance for the audience moving your glow sticks around before generating a Thunder Wave around you. Fire the electricity up so that hits the glitter ball and hopefully the yellow light will reflect off the mirrors onto the ground. Still dancing begin to move into a spin whilst slowly and gently breathing out your Dragonbreath so that you get a ring of turquoise fire floating around you. Whilst your doing this spin the glow sticks above your head to get a colour sensation. As you finish off that the previous electric attack should have disppated, we want more colour! Let off a small Nightshade at the glitter ball to get a sparkly purple light and beams as you move into another part of your dance moving your hands back and forth along with your feet. Now comes the best part jump back as if its part of your dance and fire off a Dark Pulse. As the rings of dark energy are released throw your glow sticks through the middle so that they illuminate the black rings with pink and green. Float forwards and use Teleport to catch up to your glow sticks catching them as the previous attacks finishing, sliding across the floor on your knees to finish in front of the audience and finsih with the same pose you started with."

Lucius grinned to himself, of this appeal was gonna be fun to perform, the beat was very enticing and he wanted to dance ...

*100*100*100*100*065*061*100*073*077*067*065*062*059*056*

*100*069**100*100*100*063*070*100*100*100*060*100*056**040*

*055**055**054**054**049**047**051**052**048**050**052**050*

*055**050**055**051**062**050**048**050**051**051**046**057*

*027**020**013**013**015**012**017**007**007**008**008**006*
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
Jon
Pokemon Trainer

"Alright Trick, the time has come! Just remember, I'm proud of you, so don't take things too seriously. If we mess up, there's little we can do but grin and bear it. Let's just give it our best." Jon spoke over to Trick, his beloved Zangoose, as he finished fiddling with the stage machine. As he made his final selections, the stage changed into Jon's desired design, a cold, black stage, devoid of any light, with the exception of the soft glow of light emitted from the back wall of the stage, which was filled with several small television screens, each showing nothing but grey static, and all of them muted.

"Okay now, Trick, listen up. Here's what I want you to do." Jon spoke, handing his pokemon the two blood red glowsticks of a somewhat longer than usual size that he had selected for their appeal. "Begin by walking up to center stage, one glowsitck in each hand, then use your Cut to split them open, soaking your claws and arms with the red cyaluminous liquid, to give the effect of BLOOD!" Jon announced.

"Next, I want you to gracefully whirl about your murderously glowing claws in with a lovely show of Swords Dance. Next, spin your arms around in a circle as you charge to the front of the stage with a Quick Attack. Finally, for the big finish, jump high into the air, and as you begin to fall, spin and attack ruthlessly with Fury Cutter, to raise tension. Just a split second before you land, I'll turn the lights on, so once you land give the audience a vicious Leer. And, right as you Leer, I'll hit the 'mute' button on the television sets again, returning the volume on, and releasing a deafeningly cool screech of static. That's the plan!" Jon announced to his pokemon. The two nodded, and Trick was off.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Having done this what seems like countless times, Tetsu and Luxord knew the drill. With a quick pat on the back met by a scowl, Tetsu gave his Pokemon his orders. "All right, Luxy, let's use that glowstick to our advantage. Grab a long yellow glowstick before you go on. First, set the stick on the ground and create four Double Team clones in front of you. Then quickly pick up the stick and give a quick slash through the first clone, using a Thunderwave to create some flashy effects. Then, leap at the next clone, using a Shockwave this time for the visual effect. Quickly summon up some coins with Pay Day and throw them at the one farthest from you like shuriken before facing down your final clone. Take a moment to stare him down, then use a Discharge as you leap into him and give him a slash with your sword."

Luxord nodded.

"All right, Luxy! Let's see if we can actually have some success this time!" Tetsu encouraged.

The Raichu ignored him, grabbed a glowstick, and stepped onto the dark stage that Tetsu had chosen for him with the same ominous tower rising from the ground like his last appeal...

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Really sorry for the delay, everyone... Been busy with school and stuff [/excuses]. But wht matters now is that I'm all done with the reffings, so let's see the much anticipated scores!

Torkoal Stu:
Returning to the Cool Contest Hall once again, we’re faced with Stu and Downy the Magneton, and have high hopes for them today. Downy starts off on a blacked out stage by showing off the light sticks and then lights up the stage with a bright Flash. Crackling with great electrical power, Downy then Volt Tackles to center stage. It then shoots a Discharge up into the air before moving back down to shower the stage in a Swift. Downy finishes with a bow as the stars shimmer and fade away.

Judge’s notes: As expected, you’ve got a pretty good feel for contests. The attacks used had a nice flow to them, however I mist critique that I felt the Swift at the end was a little out of place, despite the nice finish it gave. Using Flash to bright up the arena kind of defeated the purpose of darkening the stage for the hardly used Glow Sticks too, which were never even mentioned once Downy started attacking. This hurts a little bit, but I wouldn’t worry too much as it was overall a good appeal.
I give this appeal a total of 88.98 points!

Shadowshocker:
In their Cool Contest debut, next up is Shadow and his Electivire, Zapster! Appearing in front of a kind of video game screen with some sort of gruesome monster hologram in the background, Zapster holds two glow sticks and prepares to go! From backstage, Shadow tries to manipulate the appeal with controls, but the judge’s Golduck taps him on the shoulder and waggles his finger, saying that’s a “no-no,” so Shadow leaves the rest of the appeal up to Zapster. Zapster begins by shocking a Thunder Wave into the air, giving him a cool, blue glowing effect, and then, waving the sticks about, Thunderpunches the air. Next he speeds about the stage with a Quick Attack and then pauses to create a Barrier. He finishes with a Cross Chop, the glow sticks giving it a neat effect, and finishes with a victory pose.

Judge’s notes: I think the main problem you had in this appeal was you got carried away with the effects. You’re certainly not allowed to be pulling any strings behind the appeal to control it as the way you wish it to, as that’s kinda… self updating. Other than that, Zapster has a cool movepool, as shown at the start and the finish of the appeal, while due to the circumstances the Quick Attack and Barrier seemed out of place, and in the future, you have a lot to work with to your advantage. The glow sticks were barely mentioned after the start, and I gave you a freebie with the Cross Chop effect at the end because I know you’re new to this. If you learn well from this contest and get more cool points, I know you’ll be great in the future!
I give this appeal a total of 66.85 points!

Arc_Angel:
Returning to the Cool Contest we have the pleasure of having Stacey and her Banette Lucius up next! The stage changes to a dark, night club type atmosphere with plenty of mirrors and a disco ball around. Lucius gets right to the techno music to set the mood and flashes his glow sticks. He begins with firing a Thunder Wave up at the disco ball, which sends an array of blue light to bounce off the mirrors, and in the light show, he spins around, blowing a soft Dragonbreath at his side, making a ring of green fire around him. Lucius then directs his attention to the disco ball once again and fires a gentle Night Shade at it, making a light show of dark purple light this time. To finish the appeal up, Lucius then fires off a Dark Pulse, the black beam pulsating with green and pink light as he throws the glow sticks into it and cuts off the source of the beam from his mouth. Lucius Teleports across the stage and catches the glow sticks and powerslides to his finish.

Judge’s notes: Quite simply, an excellent appeal! A techno dance beat was exactly what I had in mind when I assigned glow sticks, and Lucius used them effectively throughout the appeal. Lucius also set up some nice combos with his moves, which had a nice flow to them, and stage presence was great as well. Great use of Cool Moves as well, and it seems you’ve got quite the handle of this thing called Contests now. Only thing I see that Lucius needs to improve on are his Cool Points, but that’s hardly the issue today.
I give this appeal a total of 96.44 points!

Jon:
Another debut appearance today, next up we have Jon and his Zangoose, Trick! A familiar theme today, the stage is set to black, but also with a faint glow on the back wall. With two blood red glow sticks in hand, Trick redies to appeal. The Zangoose starts off right away by Cutting the glow sticks, and getting fluorescent red phosphorous all over his claws. Next, Trick began to spin around into a Swords Dance, which showed off his glowing claws nicely, and then burst up to the front of the stage with a Quick Attack. Trick next began to show off the quick handwork of his claws as he slashed about with a Fury Cutter, before landing to face the audience. As in the case with Shadow, the judge’s Golduck prevented Jon from interfering by turning off the lights, but Trick finished the appeal anyway with a cold Leer, his piercing gaze somewhat detected.

Judge’s notes: Though it’s your first time, the appeal was beautifully executed, with a nice flow from move to move. I absolutely love Zangoose as a Cool Contest pokemon, because I believe it has one of the best Cool-type movesets, as seen today. Though you weren’t able to turn the lights on or change the music, which took away from the ending a little, the appeal overall was great and the use of the glow sticks, though unorthodox, was original and cool to look at. Get more cool points for the future and keep up the great work!
I give this appeal a total of 90.88 points!

Jerichi:
And finally, our last appeal of the day is the return of Tetsu and his Raichu, Luxord! Appealing on a dark stage, a common sight by now, Luxord takes a yellow glow stick and begins by making four Double Team clones. He takes the “sword” and hacks through the first clone while sparkling off a Thunder Wave. Next, he picks up the pace and slices the second clone, emitting a Shock Wave as he does so, and then leaps across the stage, dramatically throwing some Pay Day coins like shuriken at the third clone to destroy it. Finally, he leaps high into the air and blasts off a Discharge, crashing down on the final clone with a swipe from the glow stick.

Judge’s notes: I’d have to say out of all of your tries, this has been your best appeal yet. You got the flow of your attacks down, as you increased the intensity of your attacks in succession, and you made good use of the glow stick. The downside to your appeal was that Luxord didn’t seem to have much stage presence, a familiar sight in his appeals. Rather than just telling him to execute an attack, give him some directions of how to act during and after the appeal. This has been your biggest weakness every time you come to appeal. However, it was overall a good appeal, and I expect better out of you in the future.
I give this appeal a total of 91.65 points!

Well now that that’s over with, I’ll keep this short as we move onto the next round! There was a lot of promise out of each appeal today, and it’s a shame all of you couldn’t make it to the next round. Now I’m sure you’re all curious as to what the score of the mystery item glow sticks was, and that number is *RNGs*…. 6! And so 6 points have been already factored into everyone’s scores, as everyone used the mystery item. Now to go on and announce the top four contestants of today’s appeal!

[center:lzxyyu17]Stacey and Lucius with 96.4 points
Jeri and Luxord with 91.7 points
Jon and Trick with 90.9 points
Stu and Downy with 89.0 points[/center:lzxyyu17]

Congratulations to all of you, and sorry to Shadow who couldn’t make it to the next round. Better luck next time! Now that that’s settled, let’s take a look at the rules for round two!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa
Round Two: Semi Finals

Here, the last standing trainers will battle the semi finals out. Last time around, the trainers were able to choose their environment, but this time the environment here changes at random, and you don't even get to decide on the first arena. The only exception to this rule, will be to the trainer with the highest indicator from the last round. He or she will be granted the advantaged to choose the first arena of the match, although we are giving this sort of special reward this does NOT guarantee that the arena will stay as it is. To keep the trainers on their toes, and ready for any sort of obstacle, the arena will be constantly changing from different arena, it is completely random to what and when will the arena will change, so exploit all the time you have with one arena, just don't get too much familiarized with it. As for the order of attacking, the battles will go ASB Style, which means Player A orders attacks, followed by Player B. I then ref, and then Player B attacks first followed by Player A. This pattern repeats for ten rounds straight. Now as to the battle details and scoring system, it all depends on the attacks and the way that they are used. Both Pokemon begin the battle with 200 C-HP, or Cool Hit Points, essentially their Coolness Meter. The object is to obviously get your opponent's C-HP down to zero by attacking them. However, you will be docked of your own points for using a Smart or Cute attack, which will be judged on how the attack actually has been used. If the move was originally Cute/Smart, but the pokemon pulled it off with impeccable coolness, that pokemon will not lose points, and on the extreme contrary may actually gain some extra bonus for its creativity. For every attack in which the pokemon makes physical contact, and hurts his opponent, the opponent will of course lose points. If the opponent however, uses a move to counter attack and send back the original attack back at the opponent, then the opponent will lose points instead of the other pokemon, so always keep that in mind with your attacks. At any time a pokemon faints, it will lose the battle. Healing Items or any other items are not meant to be used at any time of the battles. If no one has reached 0 C-HP by the end of ten rounds, whoever has the higher amount will be victorious. If both C-HP are tied, or the match results in a draw, we will move onto a bonus, Sudden Death round.
Only two winners will remain, and the other 2 shall have to go home empty handed.
And for our final matter of business today, let’s decide who’ll be battling who in round two! *RNGs* And our battles today will be the following:
[center:lzxyyu17]Stacey and Lucius vs. Stu and Downy
Jeri and Luxord vs. Jon and Trick[/center:lzxyyu17]

Alright, so let the fighting begin! Since Stacey and Jeri scored highest out of their pairs, they will get to decide what arena to use, and once they post an arena and attacks, Stu and Jon will attack back, respectively, and I’ll get to the reffing! Then the order will switch and the battle will commence. You’ve got a 4 day Disqualification limit to post, so please please please don’t get yourself DQ’d! Let’s try and get through a contest without those! Now then, FAIGHT!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Good Luck Stubie, lets see how this goes eh ...

Quote:
Custom Indoor Arena: Forbidden Crypt
Deep inside a location unknown lies a small stone crypt, hidden by vines and covered in moss its almost impossible to see from the outside. It appears to be cast into a eternal night wherever this location is. Inside it is a oblong shaped room approximately … by … and the roof sits at a height of 15 metres. Within the lighting is poor due to the lack of windows present. There are 3-4 small holes in the ceiling with the state of disrepair the ancient building is in, allowing light beams of moonlight to pattern the room. 6 torches sit along the walls burning with an eerie blue light that casts small circles of light into the room. Each round a torch is randomly and unexplicably diminshed casting the crypt into that little bit more darkness. Lining the walls are rows of wooden coffins, most are sealed up but should a stray attack hit one and damage the coffin, the spirit of the corpse inside won’t be very impressed. There is a 40% chance of the coffin’s occupant lashing out and successfully hitting the offending pokemon should its eternal home be damaged or destroyed; with an attack similar to an incorporeal slam but with the power of Nightshade. Inhabited with the spirits of the deceased eerie noises are often heard and can be distracting to the battling pokemon. 30% of the time a spirit will become bored and will try to trick either pokemon with images of the opposing pokemon to disorientate it. Ghost pokemon are however immune to all of this trickery.
This'll be the arena we'll use.

Stacey releases Lucius into the new and spooky arena. Lucius cackled with excitement, increadibly pleased with his new surroundings. Stacey beamed proudly at him, although they hadn't won yet they weren't now one step closer.

"Okay Lucius, lets get things started shall we. Strike fast with Will-O-Wisp before Magneton attacks and then hit it with your Dragonbreath, be mindful of the coffins, we don't want to annoy the dead now" Stacey said with a wink.

*100*100*100*100*065*061*100*073*077*067*065*062*059*056*

*100*069**100*100*100*063*070*100*100*100*060*100*056**040*

*055**055**054**054**049**047**051**052**048**050**052**050*

*055**050**055**051**062**050**048**050**051**051**046**057*

*027**020**013**013**015**012**017**007**007**008**008**006*
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Hmmm... how about a FFX-y theme for this round?

Quote:
Thunder Plains (Custom Outdoor Arena)
This arena is a long dark, gray, rocky stretch of next-to-barren land which is constantly plagued by a violent thunderstorm, which causes the effects of a Rain Dance to be in play throughout the match and prevents Sunny Day or any related techniques from working. The area is generally uninhabited mostly due to the horrible lighting strikes which are so frequent that many people get shocked by the bolts daily. To counteract this, towers have been built every 20 yards or so in somewhat of a zig-zag pattern, and they conduct the strikes within a 5 yard radius of the tower. However, if outside that safety zone, Pokemon risk being struck by lightning, which does a good deal of damage. This has a 5% chance of occurring, and if struck, they'll take damage equivelent to that of a Charge Beam. (Only one Pokemon may be struck by lighting a round, and if both are supposed to be hit, neither will be.) Although the land is barren, some electric Pokemon and even the occasional out-of-place Cacnea or Cacturne may pop up. Also, there are electrified ponds that have formed in craters scattered about the plains, which can be swam in or used for water attacks, but those who aren't used to the electricity run a risk of some electrical shock and an increased of being struck by the bolts (~5%). Also, any attacks utilizing that water has the added bonus of some extra electrical damage.
Special Rules: Weather (Thunderstorm), Wild Pokemon (Electric, Cacnea, Cacturne).
"All right, Luxord! Let's start off simple! Use a Thunder Wave, then go near a tower an hit him with a Thunderbolt!" Tetsu ordered.

Also, GL Jon.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 05-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
Jon
Pokemon Trainer

"Trick, use your Quick Attack to avoid that Thunder Wave at all costs. Then strike it with your coolest Slash." Jon ordered.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
Torkoal Stu
This

Good luck Stacey.

"Anyway interesting arena...right Downy? Now time to stylishly rock the place! Proceed quickly with a Thunderwave, then while its paralysed fire a Magnet Bomb."
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Contest Hall Records