UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Mew The Move Tutor

Ever feel like your Pokémon is a bit lacking in battle? Do your precious partners possess plenty of potential power, but pack a pitiful punch with Pound, Peck, or Powder Snow? Worry no more! Our services can get your Pokémon breathing fire, belching lightning, and puking up sludge in no time. And not in a medically concerning way, either!

General Rules:
  1. Once a week, you may drop off a single Pokémon to learn Move Tutor, Egg, Move Reminder, Shadow, Advanced, or Event Moves- you may have that Pokémon learn as many different moves as you can afford to pay for, but only one Pokémon may be dropped off per week. Note that this does not apply to Heart Scale usage.
  2. Dropoffs can be done on Monday 12:00 AM GMT through Friday 11:59 PM GMT. If you're like me and timezones confuse you, the FB Calendar spreadsheet most helpfully always displays the current time in the relevant timezone for your convenience.
  3. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your dropoff, your Pokémon will have learned the indicated moves at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT), and can be picked up at any point past that time.
  4. If your dropoff refers to your Pokémon by its nickname, be sure to also specify its species. You can give its nickname as well, though- as long as you're clear on the species, I do not mind in the slightest.
  5. Before dropping off a Pokémon to learn a move, I ask you to please double check its learned moves to ensure you're not accidentally trying to teach it a move it's already learned before. I will be happy to give you a heads-up if I notice something like this, but I sadly don't catch every instance.

Move Tutor
Spoiler: show
The most basic and well-known of our services, to the point that it's what the shop is named for, this service allows you to drop off a Pokémon to learn a move that would be imparted via various move tutors in the Pokémon games. By default, this service is intended to impart such techniques to Pokémon that can learn them in the games, but if you're willing to shell out a few extra hundred Pokédollars, you'll find a lot more opportunities await you.

Move Tutor Rules:
  1. If a Pokémon learns a move that is considered an MT Move in FB, but doesn't actually get it from a Move Tutor in the games (for example, Cramorant and Liquidation), it may be taught here for the price of a natural MT move, since it is still a move the Pokémon is able to learn in the games.
  2. A full list of Move Tutor moves can be found here.

Egg Moves
This service allows you to drop off a Pokémon to learn a move that it would normally only have access to if it already knew it upon hatching.

Egg Move Rules:
  1. In older generations, Pokémon could be born knowing TM moves they were compatible with if the father knew them. This is not doable with this service- you must instead buy the desired TM or otherwise acquire it and use it on the Pokémon.
  2. Similarly, in the games, if both parents know a move that the offspring can learn by leveling up, it would hatch knowing that move as well. This is also not doable via this service, but unlike the TM thing, we do provide a similar service in the Move Relearner.
  3. There is no such thing as learning an unnatural Egg Move. You cannot use this service to teach a move unnaturally on the basis that it's an Egg move for something- for instance, you cannot teach Wing Attack to Dunsparce citing Wing Attack being an Egg move for Charmander. Doesn't work like that.
  4. If a Pokémon only gets an Egg move in an older generation, or was programmed to have Egg moves that it was unable to actually get in the games for whatever reason, it is still able to learn it through this service.
  5. To get an idea of what sort of moves your Pokémon can get through this service, your best bet is to look up the Pokémon in question here. Anything it lists under the Egg Moves heading for your Pokémon is fair game.

Move Relearner
Inspired by the above-and-beyond approach of the Move Relearner in the Pokémon Center at the peak of Mt. Lanakila, this service allows you to drop off a Pokémon to learn a move that it would normally learn at a higher level.

Move Relearner Rules:
  1. This service does not allow a Pokémon to learn a move it would only gain access to through evolving- for example, you cannot drop off a Koffing to learn Double Hit or Strange Steam, but a level 1 Koffing can be dropped off to learn Sludge or Smokescreen.
  2. Level-up movepools in FB go by the lowest level a move has ever been available for the Pokémon in any main series game. Since some Pokémon's level-up movepools can vary wildly between games, the simplest solution is to go by this, to ensure you're not trying to pay for a move the Pokémon either already has or would learn on its own a lot sooner than you were thinking.
  3. When dropping off a Pokémon for this, I would greatly appreciate if you indicated its current level. It'd make it easier for me to recognize if you've dropped it off to learn something it may already know.

Shadow Moves
Not for the faint of heart, Shadow Moves are powerful techniques conceived by Cipher's Research & Development team that bypass such trivial matters as conventional type matchups. Originally only knowable by Shadow Pokémon, Shadow Moves can now be taught to regular Pokémon with relative ease. What follows is a complete list of Shadow Moves.
  • Shadow Blast
  • Shadow Blitz
  • Shadow Bolt
  • Shadow Break
  • Shadow Chill
  • Shadow Down
  • Shadow End
  • Shadow Fire
  • Shadow Half
  • Shadow Hold
  • Shadow Mist
  • Shadow Panic
  • Shadow Rave
  • Shadow Rush
  • Shadow Shed
  • Shadow Sky
  • Shadow Storm
  • Shadow Wave

Shadow Move Rules:
  1. Shadow Moves are typeless; their matchups are instead based on whether the target is a Shadow Pokémon itself. If it is, it resists Shadow Moves. If it isn't, it's weak to Shadow Moves.
  2. There is no such thing as an unnatural Shadow Move, so natural move pricing applies here.
  3. Bear in mind that even though these moves existed solely in the Gen 3 games, and therefore predated the physical/special split, they are in fact the first moves to be made physical or special on a case-by-case basis. To get more details on a particular Shadow move, look here (this links to the XD section specifically, since FB uses the XD iteration of Shadow Rush as opposed to what it was in Colosseum).

Advanced Moves
Though similar to Move Tutor moves, certain techniques are just too special to be considered ordinary Move Tutor moves; these are what we in the business refer to as Advanced Moves. In the past, to learn such a move was no easy feat, but in this day and age, we're proud to be able to bring you these top-tier techniques with relative ease. What follows is a list of Advanced Moves and the Pokémon that can be taught them naturally through this service.
  • Frenzy Plant (Venusaur, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, Serperior, Chesnaught, Decidueye, Rillaboom)
  • Blast Burn (Charizard, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, Delphox, Incineroar, Cinderace)
  • Hydro Cannon (Blastoise, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Swampert, Empoleon, Samurott, Greninja, Primarina, Inteleon)
  • Volt Tackle* (Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu (both forms))
  • Draco Meteor (any Dragon-type)
  • Steel Beam (any Steel-type)
  • Grass Pledge (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy, Pansage, Rowlet, Grookey, any evolutionary relatives)
  • Fire Pledge (Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig, Pansear, Fennekin, Litten, Scorbunny, any evolutionary relatives)
  • Water Pledge (Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, Panpour, Froakie, Popplio, Sobble, any evolutionary relatives)
  • Zippy Zap (Pikachu)
  • Splishy Splash (Pikachu)
  • Floaty Fall (Pikachu)
  • Pika Papow (Pikachu)
  • Bouncy Bubble (Eevee)
  • Buzzy Buzz (Eevee)
  • Sizzly Slide (Eevee)
  • Glitzy Glow (Eevee)
  • Baddy Bad (Eevee)
  • Sappy Seed (Eevee)
  • Freezy Frost (Eevee)
  • Sparkly Swirl (Eevee)
  • Veevee Volley (Eevee)

Advanced Move Rules:
  1. Volt Tackle may also be taught to the Pichu evolution line as an Egg Move, but for the purposes of teaching it unnaturally, it is still counted among the list of Advanced Moves as well.
  2. Advanced Moves that determine compatibility by the Pokémon's type do not take type changes from Mega Evolution into account- Pokémon like Charizard or Sceptile that only become Dragon-types upon Mega Evolving will need to learn Draco Meteor as an unnatural move.
  3. Unlike in the past, all Advanced Moves are perfectly able to be taught unnaturally through this service, and there is no longer any minimum Bond requirement to learn any of them, naturally or otherwise.
  4. The entire Chikorita line can learn Frenzy Plant as opposed to just Meganium, and that also goes for the Cyndaquil line and Blast Burn, and the Totodile line and Hydro Cannon. This is allowed due to the Mt. Battle Gen 2 starters in XD that come knowing those moves.

Event Moves
An exciting new addition to the Move Tutor's services made possible during the FB 20th anniversary festivities, this service digs deep into the history of the Pokémon world and finds ways to teach certain Pokémon moves they've only ever had access to under specific circumstances before!

Event Moves Rules:
  1. This service encompasses the teaching of moves that Pokémon have come knowing from various events that have not been made possible otherwise in the main series.
  2. Any dropoff for this service will require a link to proof that the Pokémon has had at some point access to this move, at least for the time being, until a comprehensive list can be compiled.
  3. Purification-only moves, Dream World-exclusive moves, things of that nature are fair game if proof can be provided.
  4. If you know a Pokémon has gotten an event move of some sort but are unable to find proof of it, by all means feel free to ask me and I'll be glad to try and help find proof of it for you.

Heart Scale Training
A particularly desired commodity among a portion of those in the move teaching profession, Heart Scales have their use here as well. For the low, low price of one Heart Scale, you can drop off a Pokémon to learn a whopping five moves in just one week!

Heart Scale Training Rules:
  1. Yes, it does.
  2. This is the sole exception to the "one Pokémon per week" rule. Heart Scale Training is considered completely separate from a normal dropoff, so you may drop off a Pokémon to learn moves through any of our other services, and also drop off another Pokémon to learn moves through this service specifically. Alternatively, you are free to use Heart Scales on a Pokémon you're already dropping off for something else.
  3. This service is limited to teaching Move Tutor Moves and Egg Moves. No Shadow Moves, no Advanced Moves, no Move Relearner moves.
  4. Any Move Tutor moves acquired through this service must be natural. The only exception is if you're using a Heart Scale on a Pokémon that has learned all of its possible Egg moves and natural MT moves (cross-generation or otherwise), or has fewer than five remaining and is learning them all through that Heart Scale.
  5. You may use as many Heart Scales as you have in a given week if you so desire.
  6. You may drop off as many additional Pokémon for Heart Scale Training at a time as you have Heart Scales to use on them.
  7. One Pokémon per Heart Scale. That is to say, you can't use one Heart Scale to pay for three moves on one Pokémon and two on another.
  8. You may use multiple Heart Scales for a single Pokémon in a single stay if you so choose.

Payment

What, you didn't think we did all this for free, did you? Worry not, our prices are fairly reasonable. All payments require links. You must post a link to your Pokébank withdrawal for these services. If you are paying with a Heart Scale, you must link to where you received it. Our prices are as follows;
  • 1 Move Tutor move (natural): ₽500
  • 1 Move Tutor move (unnatural): ₽800
  • 1 Egg Move: ₽500
  • 1 Move Relearner move: ₽500
  • 1 Shadow Move: ₽500
  • 1 Advanced Move (natural): ₽500
  • 1 Advanced Move (unnatural): ₽800
  • 1 Event Move: ₽800
  • 5 Move Tutor and/or Egg moves via Heart Scale Training: 1 Heart Scale

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-08-2023 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Copying over from the last thread, and for the sake of simplicity, omitting anything that was already picked up before the new thread went up)

MT/Egg/Non-Standard Moves Confirmed

TheKnightsFury - Greninja learned Hydro Cannon!

Slash - As of the current generation, Cloyster gets Icicle Spear at level 1 and automatically upon evolution. Your Cloyster therefore should automatically know the move simply by virtue of being a Cloyster, so I'm refunding your payment. My apologies for not catching this earlier.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:16 AM   #3
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
(Copying over from the last thread, and for the sake of simplicity, omitting anything that was already picked up before the new thread went up)

TheKnightsFury - Greninja learned Hydro Cannon!

Slash - As of the current generation, Cloyster gets Icicle Spear at level 1 and automatically upon evolution. Your Cloyster therefore should automatically know the move simply by virtue of being a Cloyster, so I'm refunding your payment. My apologies for not catching this earlier.
Picking up my Greninja and dropping off my Sceptile to learn Frenzy Plant max bond

$500

Old 04-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #4
myahoo
Soul Badge

Using this Heart Scale on my Ralts to teach her MTs Signal Beam, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:41 AM   #5
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dropping off my Dewott (21 Bond) with this Heart Scale, to learn:
EM Sacred Sword
MT Iron Tail
EM Screech
EM Protect
MT Aqua Tail

Also dropping of my Spinda (Bond 33) to learn unnatural MT Superpower, with $800

Last edited by Slash; 04-11-2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Edited with permission
Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

TheKnightsFury - Sceptile learned Frenzy Plant!
myahoo - Ralts learned Signal Beam, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt!
Slash - Spinda learned Superpower! Dewott learned Sacred Sword, Iron Tail, Screech, Detect, and Aqua Tail!

Minor note- I'm aware Slash's post says EM Protect (which isn't a thing for anything, let alone the Oshawott line), but I have been informed over Discord that Detect was the intended move.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #7
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

TheKnightsFury - Sceptile learned Frenzy Plant!
myahoo - Ralts learned Signal Beam, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt!
Slash - Spinda learned Superpower! Dewott learned Sacred Sword, Iron Tail, Screech, Detect, and Aqua Tail!

Minor note- I'm aware Slash's post says EM Protect (which isn't a thing for anything, let alone the Oshawott line), but I have been informed over Discord that Detect was the intended move.
Picking up my Sceptile

Old 04-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #8
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:

Picking my Ralts with MTs Signal Beam, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #9
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:

Picking these two up
Old 04-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Dropping off Probopass to learn the MT move Thunderbolt and the unnatural MT moves Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Payment: 2,100
Old 05-03-2020, 07:09 PM   #11
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Missingno. Master - Probopass learned Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam!
Old 05-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master - Probopass learned Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam!
Picking up my Probopass.

*Probopass learned Thunderbolt!*

*Probopass learned Flamethrower!*

*Probopass learned Ice Beam!*

Dropping off Nuzzle the level 20 Mimikyu with 10 Bond to learn the level 46 move Play Rough. Payment: 500
Old 05-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #13
Meetan
Soul Badge

I'd like to use my birthday Heart Scale to teach Felix the Spearow the following: Heat Wave, Tri Attack, Drill Run, Steel Wing and Ominous Wind. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #14
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Dropping off my level 13 Buizel with more than 10 Bond to learn the level 45 move Hydro Pump for $500.

Last edited by Zorchic; 05-08-2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Changing my request
Old 05-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

MT/Egg/Relearned/Non-Standard Moves Confirmed

Missingno. Master - Nuzzle the Mimikyu learned Play Rough!
Meetan - Felix the Spearow learned Heat Wave, Tri Attack, Drill Run, Steel Wing, and Ominous Wind!
Zorchic - Buizel learned Hydro Pump!
Old 05-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #16
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Zorchic - Buizel learned Hydro Pump!
Picking up my Buizel, thanks!
Old 05-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Missingno. Master - Nuzzle the Mimikyu learned Play Rough!
Picking up my Mimikyu.

*Nuzzle learned Play Rough!*
Old 05-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #18
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Meetan - Felix the Spearow learned Heat Wave, Tri Attack, Drill Run, Steel Wing, and Ominous Wind!
Picking up Felix and dropping off Kara the Koffing with a Heart Scale to teach her Psywave, Destiny Bond, Toxic Spikes, Rollout and Mimic.

Last edited by Meetan; 05-17-2020 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Editing with shopkeeper permission due to a mishap!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Meetan - Kara the Koffing learned Psywave, Destiny Bond, Toxic Spikes, Rollout, and Mimic!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #20
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Determined to train hard after his humiliating defeat to hat witch, dropping off Liltwick to learn EM CLEAR SMOG for $500.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #21
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Meetan - Kara the Koffing learned Psywave, Destiny Bond, Toxic Spikes, Rollout, and Mimic!
Thank you! Picking up Kara and using my second of three Heart Scales to teach Maya the Emolga Iron Tail, Air Slash, Astonish, Signal Beam and Knock Off.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:56 AM   #22
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Dropping off Roxie the level 30 Amped Form Toxtricity with 10 Bond to learn the level 44 move Overdrive. Payment: 500
Old 05-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #23
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Dropping off my Toxtricity with over 10 Bond to learn lvl 44 move Overdrive. $500

Old 05-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

1, 2, and... poof!

lilboocorsola - Liltwick learned Clear Smog!
Meetan - Maya the Emolga learned Iron Tail, Air Slash, Astonish, Signal Beam, and Knock Off!
Missingno. Master - Roxie the Amped Form Toxtricity learned Overdrive!
TheKnightsFury - Toxtricity learned Overdrive!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
1, 2, and... poof!

Missingno. Master - Roxie the Amped Form Toxtricity learned Overdrive!
Picking up my Amped Form Toxtricity.

*Roxie learned Overdrive!*

Dropping off my Doduo to learn the non-standard MT Move Ice Beam. Payment: 800

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-27-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records