UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #351
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - o7

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: As the battle unfolds you come to realise that flushing away the creepy crawly would be no easy feat, but you weren’t the type to back down from a fight that easily. Rookidee was seemingly a bird of the same feather, rushing in headstrong before you can string your orders together with another Charge Beam. Recognising the electrically charged technique, the Araquanid activates a Mirror Coat around its water bubbles in the nick of time, deflecting with a devastating counterblow which almost knocks the fledgling out of flight!

With the Tiny Bird Pokémon hurtling toward the half-way mark, evasive manoeuvres were a smart follow up: struggling to regain balance, the Rookidee picks up altitude before flitting in all directions until you soon start to see Double. Nonplussed, the menacing Araquanid picks out one of the Team with a second Water Gun, a clean miss as the spritz of vapour passes through a decoy. This gives Rookidee a renewed bout of confidence, beating his tiny wings to generate a Slash of Air, bolstered by the pre-battle Calm Mind and latter Charge Beam. The enemy lets out a blood-curdling screech as the piercing gust strikes square against its abdomen, bits of netting also taking residual damage as the spider scuttles to a sturdier portion of its web. The now fuming Araquanid’s helmet begins to foam as a Beam of Bubbles bombard the skies, the widespread assault starting to make quick work of Rookidee’s doubles, with the fledgling next up on the pecking order...

Last edited by Emp; 06-29-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #352
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

empoleon dynamite- As requested, you quickly withdraw the newly evolved Snooki into her ball. You admire the old man's Tyranitar as you approach him, thoughts drifting to your own Pupitar who had yet to evolve, despite being in its pupa stage for many years now. Even if he'd evolved though, he'd still likely pale in comparison to this magnificent specimen. This Tyranitar was quite large and you could reason that it was also quite old. Once you get closer you get a better look and notice deep scars in its plated armour, likely from decades of vicious battles. Trying not to spend to much time focusing on the Tyranitar, you quickly explain to the man that you are indeed new in town and were only defending yourself.

"Hmmmm", the old man grumbles, "not the first time I've heard that excuse but I'll give you benefit of the doubt this time. Follow me." You follow the man as he makes his way around the bar, stopping at each patron to check for some form of identification. "I run a tight ship around here, no permit or proof employment then you deal with me. Tyrone is my name, though behind my back they like to call me Ty the Tyrant. Came out here on behalf of the Hunters Guild, there was a big incident out this way recently and they wanted someone to snap this area back into line. Figured it would be a good final challenge before I retire, but turns out this place is as boring as Zubat shit for the most part." Ty is just about finished his rounds when he spots the man who had been taking odds on your battle. "Now where are you heading off to Slick?" The man stops in his tracks, hands instantly digging into his pocket to retrieve the bag he'd stashed the coin in.

"We were just trying to have a bit of fun sir, not often we get new blood to take advantage of." Slick tosses the coin pouch to the old man before slinking away.

Ty opens the bag, doing a quick count as he makes his way towards the bar. He tips most of the bag out into the waiting hands of the bartender. "This should cover the damages and then some, sorry for disrupting your evening." He then hands you the rest of the bag, there was probably about $500 left in it. "You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"
Old 06-30-2020, 04:00 AM   #353
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: As the battle unfolds you come to realise that flushing away the creepy crawly would be no easy feat, but you weren’t the type to back down from a fight that easily. Rookidee was seemingly a bird of the same feather, rushing in headstrong before you can string your orders together with another Charge Beam. Recognising the electrically charged technique, the Araquanid activates a Mirror Coat around its water bubbles in the nick of time, deflecting with a devastating counterblow which almost knocks the fledgling out of flight!

With the Tiny Bird Pokémon hurtling toward the half-way mark, evasive manoeuvres were a smart follow up: struggling to regain balance, the Rookidee picks up altitude before flitting in all directions until you soon start to see Double. Nonplussed, the menacing Araquanid picks out one of the Team with a second Water Gun, a clean miss as the spritz of vapour passes through a decoy. This gives Rookidee a renewed bout of confidence, beating his tiny wings to generate a Slash of Air, bolstered by the pre-battle Calm Mind and latter Charge Beam. The enemy lets out a blood-curdling screech as the piercing gust strikes square against its abdomen, bits of netting also taking residual damage as the spider scuttles to a sturdier portion of its web. The now fuming Araquanid’s helmet begins to foam as a Beam of Bubbles bombard the skies, the widespread assault starting to make quick work of Rookidee’s doubles, with the fledgling next up on the pecking order...
Rookidee was on the offensive, but Araquanid was proving a more than capable opponent. While Rookidee saw success with another Charge Beam, Araquanid made great use of it as well, using Mirror Coat to return an even stronger attack. Double Team gave both Xander and Rookidee an opportunity to reassess the situation. Rookidee had begun to gave boosts, but they need a couple more under their belt. Araquanid was starting to see through the Double Team though, breaking through the remaining clones with a Bubblebeam.

"Evasive manoeuvres Rookidee! Keep on the move and keep up the boosting with a Flame Charge, then Work yourself Up!" With the boosts from those two moves, they'd be better positioned to go in for a strong hit. "Then go on a Power Trip!" Rookidee let out a reassuring chirp, although Empoleon was starting to worry. He just wasn't sure that Rookidee had would it took to take down this strong of an opponent, not at this level.

OOC:
Feeding 2 Rare Candies to Rookidee, boosting him to lvl 18
Old 07-03-2020, 11:40 PM   #354
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
empoleon dynamite- As requested, you quickly withdraw the newly evolved Snooki into her ball. You admire the old man's Tyranitar as you approach him, thoughts drifting to your own Pupitar who had yet to evolve, despite being in its pupa stage for many years now. Even if he'd evolved though, he'd still likely pale in comparison to this magnificent specimen. This Tyranitar was quite large and you could reason that it was also quite old. Once you get closer you get a better look and notice deep scars in its plated armour, likely from decades of vicious battles. Trying not to spend to much time focusing on the Tyranitar, you quickly explain to the man that you are indeed new in town and were only defending yourself.

"Hmmmm", the old man grumbles, "not the first time I've heard that excuse but I'll give you benefit of the doubt this time. Follow me." You follow the man as he makes his way around the bar, stopping at each patron to check for some form of identification. "I run a tight ship around here, no permit or proof employment then you deal with me. Tyrone is my name, though behind my back they like to call me Ty the Tyrant. Came out here on behalf of the Hunters Guild, there was a big incident out this way recently and they wanted someone to snap this area back into line. Figured it would be a good final challenge before I retire, but turns out this place is as boring as Zubat shit for the most part." Ty is just about finished his rounds when he spots the man who had been taking odds on your battle. "Now where are you heading off to Slick?" The man stops in his tracks, hands instantly digging into his pocket to retrieve the bag he'd stashed the coin in.

"We were just trying to have a bit of fun sir, not often we get new blood to take advantage of." Slick tosses the coin pouch to the old man before slinking away.

Ty opens the bag, doing a quick count as he makes his way towards the bar. He tips most of the bag out into the waiting hands of the bartender. "This should cover the damages and then some, sorry for disrupting your evening." He then hands you the rest of the bag, there was probably about $500 left in it. "You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"
Let off the hook, the traveller felt a shower of relief wash over him, muscles untensing as the old stranger ushered him to follow. Stepping over the debris of garbage and ore, he made his rounds as Emp ambled in tow; it became clear he was spot checking each and every punter. Emp quickly came to learn that the man - named Tyrone (although ‘Ty the Tyrant’ was certainly more befitting) - was dispatched to the Hallows to snuff out the growing dissonance in the region. The traveller had heard whispers of the sorts of crimes that plagued the badlands, as well as the Hunters who policed all reaches of the Cradle like rangers in the old Wild West. As interesting as the stories were, he’d kept his head down up to yet - although it was only a matter of time until trouble found him. Emp’s chain of thought was disrupted as the Hunter hollered toward the bookmaker who was attempting to make a break! His legs just as quickly turned to jelly, forfieting the spoils of their skirmish before slinking into the night. Ty poured the bag onto the bar table, giving most of the loot to the barkeep as way of compensation. He tossed what was left Emp’s way, the trainer catching the bag with a clink. He decided it best to mask his excitement as he jingled what was left of the coin; the Hunter had no reason to reward him for his recklessness and could just as easily take it back.

"You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"

The traveller was dumbfounded, he’d expected a scalding but found his golden opportunity. Perhaps the Hunter was kinder than his moniker made out, or had he seen something in Emp during those brief flashes of battle. Either way, his answer came clear and resounding: “Yes – I mean, of course I’d like to come along.”

Obtained $500

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-04-2020, 03:03 AM   #355
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - Update o8

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: The upstream battle was more than living up to the notes in your field guide. Rookidee was displaying success in upping his stats but was still falling short of closing any power gap. You strain against the spray of waterfall as your eyes follow the jet of bubbles skyward, wincing as they wipe out Rookidee’s decoys in one fell swoop! Buffeted in equal measure, the fledgling waits on your command as its confidence and flight both begin to falter. It was time for another evasive pattern, Rookidee breaking into combustion as he zipped around the Araquanid web, picking up momentum as he Charged in for a tackle – Flames hissing against the foe’s Water Bubble. The hit only seems to annoy the spider as its prey swoops back out of reach, narrowly avoiding its attempt to down him with a full-force Liquidation.

While Rookidee literally Worked Up the araquanid looked just as riled, moreso, as it leaned its weight against the elasticity of its webbing and sprung into a Lunge! Still getting psyched up, the Tiny Bird Pokemon is given no warning as the foe closes distance in the blink of an eye. Time seems to slow down as the arachnid wraps its arms around Rookidee, his weight more than enough to knock the fledgling out of flight. The predator and prey spiral as they begin to lose altitude, Rookidee flailing with all his might in efforts to wrestle free. The Araquanid doubles down, the Bug’s menacing incisors latching down, Biting through feather and flesh. What’s left of the web splits apart under their combined weight, nothing keeping them from nosediving into the rocky minefield below. The cascade crashes violently against the stony outcrops, promising to take care of the bird if the impact didn’t. Empoleon squawks as he jets forward, the sudden velocity enough to throw you off his back as he efforts to intercept the fall an impossible distance away.

Your ears fill with the hum of crashing water. Bubbles run from your nostrils and mouth as you fight for air, splashing against the undertow as you struggle to catch a breath against the violent sprays. The surf was icy cold amidst the jungle humidity, heat draining away and sending a shock through your system. You kick a stray boulder which almost sends you reeling in pain, if not for the desperate situation ahead: you’re able to get a fix on Rookidee, now inches from the brink with Empoleon well out of rescue range. It was an impossible situation, but in the face of defeat the fledgling was unwilling to surrender... In the nick of time, Rookidee’s plumage flickers iridescently against the cascade mist, his tail and dorsal feathers extending and creating just enough lift to break their descent. Falling into a glide above the plunge pool’s surface, Rookidee’s metamorphic glow runs off to unveil his growth spurt; the Raven Pokémon had doubled in size, eyes a piercing red with matte black feathers accenting his wing-tips, ruff and talons. Now relatively unphased by the weight of the Araquanid, the Corvisquire channels its earlier fears into revenge, taking the foe on a Power Trip. Predator becomes prey as the arachnid struggles against the sharp pair of talons, preventing escape as the bird of prey skims across the water’s surface, making sure to fling the Araquanid against every jutted rock along the way. After several hard knocks the pair disconnect, the foe diving below the turbulent depths. Corvisquire scans the surface from above, his sharp eyesight not enough to penetrate the foamy surf, leaving him open to attack from all directions. What will you do?

Last edited by Emp; 07-04-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:04 AM   #356
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

empoleon dynamite- Ty's offer was surprising and also one you couldn't refuse. You needed the work and he must have been feeling generous, that or he was just trying to stop you from causing more trouble....

"Good to hear, we're off at the crack of dawn, meet me out front", Ty instructs before he turns back to the barkeep. "This one'll need a room for the night, I'm sure that won't be an issue?" The barkeep simply grunts, walking out from behind the bar he prepares to lead you upstairs to a room where you can spend the night. "Remember youngin, crack of dawn or I'll leave without you." Ty and his Tyranitar leave as you follow the barkeep up to your room.

It's not exactly a large room, the single cot has barely any padding in it and is barely long enough for you to stretch out. Beggars couldn't be choosers though, a free room was a free room. After a long period of uncomfortable restlessness, you manage to slip into sleep.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake as the first trickle of light strikes the dust clad windows. Spring from the uncomfortable cot, you stretch your aching back before rushing downstairs. You stumble out the door just as Tyrone pulls up. The elderly hunter sits at the front of a large cart, his hulking Tyranitar lounges in the back, a small amount of supplies tucked around it. Pulling the cart is Hippowdon, the large Ground type would have no trouble pulling even the heaviest load across the wasteland. "Good, you're up. Get in, we need to get a move on."
Old 07-04-2020, 08:01 PM   #357
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: The upstream battle was more than living up to the notes in your field guide. Rookidee was displaying success in upping his stats but was still falling short of closing any power gap. You strain against the spray of waterfall as your eyes follow the jet of bubbles skyward, wincing as they wipe out Rookidee’s decoys in one fell swoop! Buffeted in equal measure, the fledgling waits on your command as its confidence and flight both begin to falter. It was time for another evasive pattern, Rookidee breaking into combustion as he zipped around the Araquanid web, picking up momentum as he Charged in for a tackle – Flames hissing against the foe’s Water Bubble. The hit only seems to annoy the spider as its prey swoops back out of reach, narrowly avoiding its attempt to down him with a full-force Liquidation.

While Rookidee literally Worked Up the araquanid looked just as riled, moreso, as it leaned its weight against the elasticity of its webbing and sprung into a Lunge! Still getting psyched up, the Tiny Bird Pokemon is given no warning as the foe closes distance in the blink of an eye. Time seems to slow down as the arachnid wraps its arms around Rookidee, his weight more than enough to knock the fledgling out of flight. The predator and prey spiral as they begin to lose altitude, Rookidee flailing with all his might in efforts to wrestle free. The Araquanid doubles down, the Bug’s menacing incisors latching down, Biting through feather and flesh. What’s left of the web splits apart under their combined weight, nothing keeping them from nosediving into the rocky minefield below. The cascade crashes violently against the stony outcrops, promising to take care of the bird if the impact didn’t. Empoleon squawks as he jets forward, the sudden velocity enough to throw you off his back as he efforts to intercept the fall an impossible distance away.

Your ears fill with the hum of crashing water. Bubbles run from your nostrils and mouth as you fight for air, splashing against the undertow as you struggle to catch a breath against the violent sprays. The surf was icy cold amidst the jungle humidity, heat draining away and sending a shock through your system. You kick a stray boulder which almost sends you reeling in pain, if not for the desperate situation ahead: you’re able to get a fix on Rookidee, now inches from the brink with Empoleon well out of rescue range. It was an impossible situation, but in the face of defeat the fledgling was unwilling to surrender... In the nick of time, Rookidee’s plumage flickers iridescently against the cascade mist, his tail and dorsal feathers extending and creating just enough lift to break their descent. Falling into a glide above the plunge pool’s surface, Rookidee’s metamorphic glow runs off to unveil his growth spurt; the Raven Pokémon had doubled in size, eyes a piercing red with matte black feathers accenting his wing-tips, ruff and talons. Now relatively unphased by the weight of the Araquanid, the Corvisquire channels its earlier fears into revenge, taking the foe on a Power Trip. Predator becomes prey as the arachnid struggles against the sharp pair of talons, preventing escape as the bird of prey skims across the water’s surface, making sure to fling the Araquanid against every jutted rock along the way. After several hard knocks the pair disconnect, the foe diving below the turbulent depths. Corvisquire scans the surface from above, his sharp eyesight not enough to penetrate the foamy surf, leaving him open to attack from all directions. What will you do?
Xander's heart almost burst from his chest as he watched Araquanid and Rookidee plummet towards the sharp stones at the base of the waterfall. Empoleon surged forward in an attempt to save the falling bird, only for Xander to slip from its back, splashing into the icy cold water.

Xander flailed with panic for a moment before calming himself. He focused on Rookidee once more, just in time to see the young bird save itself. Plumage glowing, the Galarian Pokemon evolves! The newly evolved Corvisquire flexes its new found strength, turning the tables on Araquanid. Stronger wings allow it to bear the weight of the water spider, dragging it along on its power trip. After slamming the former predator into a number of stones, Corvisquire releases its hold, dropping it into the water.

Empoleon, no longer fearing Rookidee's demise, Aqua Jets back to scoop Xander up, wary of what could be lurking in the water, other than Araquanid. Corvisquire scanned the water, even with his great vision, he couldn't see where Araquanid was hiding. Wary of a counter attack, Corvisquire immediately spread out with a Double Team. Once the Araquanid revealed its position, he'd smack it with an Air Slash to freeze him up, before using the rocks of the waterfall to bring a Rock Slide down on it!

Xander watched as he saw Corvisquire take control of the situation. Empoleon was closing in fast, hopefully the penguin would get him out of the water before anything decided that he'd make an easy meal!

Rookidee evolved into Corvisquire!
Old 07-05-2020, 06:10 AM   #358
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - o9

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: With the turbulent skirmish approaching its climax, the scales were tipping back in your favour and not a moment too soon. Corvisquire’s new and improved form had given him a fighting chance, if only he could snuff out his hidden foe. The battleground foamed and frothed giving no sign of Araquanid’s whereabouts; all it would take is one well-timed strike to knock the Raven Pokémon out of the sky and into its underwater domain. While you battled the choppy waters below you leave the Corvisquire to his own devices, relying on his newfound cunning as he sets a plan into motion.

With no telling where his foe will surface, evasive action was required as the Corvisquire Doubled, quadrupled, then octupled. A few suspenseful moments pass until the water starts to swell and the Araquanid emerges with a splash, vaulting for the nearest decoy with its claws and fangs Liquidated. With the opponent drawn out the adolescent avian has a clear shot, Slashing its wings to propel a razorblade of Air into the foe mid-leap! You cover your ears as the Araquanid shrieks, body and limbs visibly lacerated as it crashes back into the water in a foamy eruption. Corvisquire looks to the surroundings for his finisher, clawing and heaving the Rocks outcropping from the waterfall and deploying them onto the enemy’s position. Sliding enough boulders until the Araquanid was buried, he returns to your side with a victorious chirp. Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

You’d managed to catch the tail end of the fighting on the back of Empoleon, who had Jetted to your position to lift you out of harm’s way. Not only had the Corvisquire outsmarted a stronger and more menacing opponent, he’d done much of it without command. But now wasn’t the time to celebrate, you still had a stretch of river to traverse and a mission person to find at the end of it. Out of danger the three of you return to your reconnaissance, but not before prizing a piece of the Araquanid's Sticky Web; the tactile thread felt strong as cable and may come in handy for the dangers which lay ahead. Disembarking, there was just one more thing in your way, cascading white and powerful with a deafening roar. How will you proceed?

* Sticky Web - An item which can be thrown onto an opponent or the field to hinder speed, effectively working like the move. The web will disintegrate after this adventure and cannot used outside of this zone.

Last edited by Emp; 07-05-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #359
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: With the turbulent skirmish approaching its climax, the scales were tipping back in your favour and not a moment too soon. Corvisquire’s new and improved form had given him a fighting chance, if only he could snuff out his hidden foe. The battleground foamed and frothed giving no sign of Araquanid’s whereabouts; all it would take is one well-timed strike to knock the Raven Pokémon out of the sky and into its underwater domain. While you battled the choppy waters below you leave the Corvisquire to his own devices, relying on his newfound cunning as he sets a plan into motion.

With no telling where his foe will surface, evasive action was required as the Corvisquire Doubled, quadrupled, then octupled. A few suspenseful moments pass until the water starts to swell and the Araquanid emerges with a splash, vaulting for the nearest decoy with its claws and fangs Liquidated. With the opponent drawn out the adolescent avian has a clear shot, Slashing its wings to propel a razorblade of Air into the foe mid-leap! You cover your ears as the Araquanid shrieks, body and limbs visibly lacerated as it crashes back into the water in a foamy eruption. Corvisquire looks to the surroundings for his finisher, clawing and heaving the Rocks outcropping from the waterfall and deploying them onto the enemy’s position. Sliding enough boulders until the Araquanid was buried, he returns to your side with a victorious chirp. Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

You’d managed to catch the tail end of the fighting on the back of Empoleon, who had Jetted to your position to lift you out of harm’s way. Not only had the Corvisquire outsmarted a stronger and more menacing opponent, he’d done much of it without command. But now wasn’t the time to celebrate, you still had a stretch of river to traverse and a mission person to find at the end of it. Out of danger the three of you return to your reconnaissance, but not before prizing a piece of the Araquanid's Sticky Web; the tactile thread felt strong as cable and may come in handy for the dangers which lay ahead. Disembarking, there was just one more thing in your way, cascading white and powerful with a deafening roar. How will you proceed?

* Sticky Web - An item which can be thrown onto an opponent or the field to hinder speed, effectively working like the move. The web will disintegrate after this adventure and cannot used outside of this zone.

Safely back on Empoleon's back and out of reach of the river's hostile inhabitants, Xander watched as Corvisquire took control of the battle. The Double team worked perfectly, drawing the Araquanid out of hiding and giving Corvisquire a clear shot. The Air Slash left the Bug squirming in pain, but Corvisquire didn't relent, instead it turned its attention to the rocks of the waterfall. Finding a weak spot in the rocks, he managed to pry enough loose to bring a Rock Slide down on Araquanid, finishing the job.

Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

"Excellent work Corvisquire!" Xander shouted out as the bird swooped back towards him. "Roost on my shoulder for a bit buddy, you were absolutely amazing!" Empoleon drifted in closer to the remains of Araquanid's web. It was incredibly strong and tactile, Xander realised that it might be useful down the track if they needed to subdue something. He gathered a large section of the destroyed web, carefully folding it before putting it into his bag. With that threat taken care of, they just needed to get up this waterfall. Thankfully, Empoleon had just the move to do so. "Alright Empoleon, you're going to need to use Waterfall to get us up there." Xander laid down on Empoleon's back, firmly grasping its collar. Things were about to get vertical. They hadn't found any signs of the missing hunters yet, Xander had hoped they'd have something to go off by now. That said, the hunters would have been found by now if it was going to be easy. He had to stick with it. "Let's go Empoleon!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles