UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Hidden Abilities and the Dream World

So, HAs are kind of a big deal to me, and I definitely want to talk about them! I bet the rest of them community wants to talk about them, too! So... let's talk! :D

1. Hidden abilities! Do we want them to be special? Or just like standard abilities; something users can select for their Pokemon from the get-go? Personally, I'm fine with people picking the Hidden Ability for their Pokemon, if they want.

2. Do we want the Dream World back? I've heard people say the consensus is no. If we can just choose Hidden Abilities for our Pokemon, I guess it wouldn't be needed, but if we decide they should remain special, I think there should be some way to change our Pokemon's abilities to the Hidden one.

3. Not related to HAs/Dream World, but should we introduce Ability Capsules? I'm assuming, once you declare an ability in a Zone, it's locked in. So, what if you want a different ability? Ability Capsule!

Discuss. o3o
Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I personally believe there isn't a very strong reason to restrict HAs. Are they rare in-game? Yeah, but they're not especially rare, not all of the HAs are even very useful for the Pokemon in question, and I feel that the Dream World is a marginally useless zone.

This said, I do like the idea of Ability Capsules. It's an in-game item with interesting RP possibilities.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Hmm... I never really thought much about it, but honestly, the only real reason the Dream World had to become a thing in the first place is because the old mods were insistent upon keeping Hidden Abilities restricted. If general consensus is that they really, really don't need to be, then that would pretty much kill off any reason for the Dream World to exist, wouldn't it? I can see the points here- Hidden Abilities aren't nearly as rare or exclusive as they once were. Easier to get in general. I think I can get on board with no longer restricting them.

Question- if we decide to stop restricting Hidden Abilities, would a member be allowed to change their existing Pokémon's potentially already locked-in Abilities to their Hidden Abilities if they so desire?
Old 04-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Question- if we decide to stop restricting Hidden Abilities, would a member be allowed to change their existing Pokémon's potentially already locked-in Abilities to their Hidden Abilities if they so desire?
I think, if we did unrestrict HAs,
it would be fair to give members a grace period in which to change their abilities.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

I'm on board with unrestricting this.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #6
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I third the unrestriction process but damn it guys did you really have to do this just after I declared my Taillow's ability reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
I think, if we did unrestrict HAs,
it would be fair to give members a grace period in which to change their abilities.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this.

On a semi-related note, should people with Gengar just change their Ability from Levitate to Cursed Body at this point?
Old 04-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Good question. Ever since I found out that gengar's ability had been changed, I've been of the mind of letting the ones that are currently in the game keep Levitate if they so chose while placing the Cursed Body restrictions on new ones. Ya know, to make the older fellas like Chuck feel more unique in the grand scheme of things later on down the road or something along those lines. Wait... do we even have any other gengars than Chuck?

As for HA's, I'm of mixed feeling here. On one hand, letting them be a free-for-all type deal is something that gives folks who occasionally incorporate Abilities as a significant part of the pokemon's character more room to work with, and would let me claim the two I was waiting on far more swiftly than before. But on the other hand... I was really looking forward to catching a Dream Shuppet and even had a Visionary Glade story lined up for the occasion. I guess its a touch selfish of me to complain about something so trivial, but I was really looking forward to that. So, I guess you an count me on the 'H.A.'s for all new pokemon and H.A. grace period for old ones' train. Definitely a better deal in the long run.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
Good question. Ever since I found out that gengar's ability had been changed, I've been of the mind of letting the ones that are currently in the game keep Levitate if they so chose while placing the Cursed Body restrictions on new ones. Ya know, to make the older fellas like Chuck feel more unique in the grand scheme of things later on down the road or something along those lines. Wait... do we even have any other gengars than Chuck?
Off the top of my head, I know Lit has a Gengar, and Marion and EBE have Gastly that have yet to evolve.

As for Chuck, I'd still consider Cursed Body for him, though if Levitate is still gonna be a possibility for him, it's something I'd have to consider, for sure.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Now that starters can have HAs, could we get OK on other Pokémon having HAs?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #11
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

I don't see why not, honestly.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I'm all abord the free choice of HA train! I still remember how saddened I was I couldn't have a Zen form Darmantian just because Zen Form is a HA (and the fact you can still catch a Zen Mode one in the wild...)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development