UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Pikachu UPN PASBL: Trot Away v Extroph

SP addiction setting in, must fuel it with more matches, and this is the result:

Quote:
Trot Away v Extroph
3 vs 3
Single Battle
Equiall 2 (can adjust to the acceptor's need.)
Slapstick
48 Hour DQ
Switch = KO
Arena: Let the ref choose - Nothing waterbound or anything absurdly dangerous please...
Our arena of choice selected by yours' truly is...*drumroll*
Spoiler: show
Rock (Outdoor): The arena is covered by boulders of varying shapes and sizes. Exactly what is there is up to everyone's imagination. If someone says a rock is there (or isn't there), it's there as long as it doesn't contradict something someone has already said.
Special Rule: Boulders

Squads up Trot.

Last edited by Kuvario; 10-27-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hey there! Well met, both of you. May the best trainer win...its more than likely not me! Well, let's see if I can't pull out a win this time around, yeah?

So, a rock field, huh? I'm fine with that, question is, will I make use of it...Ok, gather 'round everyone!

-

Digby - Drilbur - Male, Level 2 I can dig it, can YOU?!
Bio: A frisky fellow who most would have trouble keeping up with. Digby, despite being a Drilbur, didn't always know how to dig...Don't ask why, but it just didn't click for him. But when he told me a time when he fell into a hole dug up by enigmatic underground Dedennes, that somehow changed...The details are strange, but long story short, they taught him how to dig, as well as helping him back to the surface. I'm skeptical about his crazy story, but it MIGHT have a lick of truth to it, as he talks strangely and is always eager to get his claws into the soil! His enthusiasm is nearly unparallelled, and is always in high spirits. So I couldn't help but let him travel with me!
Signature Tech:
Lately he has been having a bad case of static cling, it has become rather troublesome...So one day me and a few of my squad gathered around him for an intervention. Digby was not too happy with the talk down...suddenly the buildup worsened so much that there were sparks everywhere, at which point he tackled the lot of us and ran off! Sheesh, I wonder if that story about those Dedennes actually happened. All of us writhing on the floor seemed to be a good brick of proof...Lets hope he keeps that latent electricity under control, lest he causes a blackout of something!
Special Training: ZapZap (Electric)
Digby is considered familiar with Electric type, and has the off-type energy to back it up. He also found a way to pull off Thunderbolt. But that buildup is interfering his ability to use Earthquake or Stealth Rock.

Hidden Power: Electric

Xai Mei - Meinfoo, Female, level 2 I am ready for whatever this day may entail. Come!
Bio: She came to me seemingly out of nowhere when I was exploring in the East, she saw...something in me and said that she wishes to tag along. I still think she was flattering me, but I was more than happy to oblige. She is always calm and has a sense of honor and discipline about her, and is partial to the nonsense of the others. She is not above mingling and playing with everyone else, although she tends to keep up a sense of decency.
Signature Tech:
There was a time where one of my other pokemon, I think it was Junior, would poke and pester her to no end while she was taking a break. He even started roaring, teasing, jumping out of nowhere, and moonwalking(don't ask...), but Xai Mei held fast and would not budge. Junior, despite his energy, proclaimed, "Aww, you're no fun!" and eventually gave up. This made me think how useful that extreme state of calm would be...hmm...
Special Training: Stalwart in Calm (Fighting):
Xai Mei has a strong resistance to being confused, distracted, enraged, startled, frightened, or anything else that would otherwise disturb her equalized state of mind. Taunt is also unlikely to work on her. Under the right circumstances, this may also help track the real foe in a Double Team. As she already is focused enough as it is, she forwent knowing Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Meditate, Detect, or Power-Up Punch.

Hidden Power: Steel

Echo - Frillish, Male, Level 2 You want ME in your team? Ok, i'll try not to f-fail...
Bio: During a cloudy day, I was ready to head home when I heard the faint sound of crying, I found this moody chap all by his lonesome. I was a little afraid, but I ditched my worry and lended an open hand and ear to this Frillish. He wonders why so many are afraid of him (it's no surprise, given the bad name concerning his kind)...I can tell he has a good heart, and wants nothing more than to be comfortable with the other pokemon. Although the others still get jitters whenever they are alone with him, oh dear...

Hidden Power: Electric

Axis - Skarmory, Male, Level 2 (Uplevel) So am I gonna get a chance to stretch my wings?!
Bio: Exploring some dense forests lined painful brambles, me and a small company of my pokemon stumbled upon this wild-tempered Skarmory's nest. He didn't take kindly of our intrusion, so he up and attacked us! It was a team effort of everyone to quell the fellow enough to give in. He eventually apologized for attacking us, and he admitted that his roguish loner lifestyle has been getting pretty dreary. Surprisingly, he was pretty open to the idea of tagging along with a trainer, and wasted no time in joining us! He still retains his rebellious attitude, he delivers a sort of edgy liveliness to our ragtag group.

Wire - Lileep, Male, Level 2 Zzzz...h-whaa?! Ok! Ok, i'm good...
Bio: While exploring a beach, I found a Lileep washed up by the tide. I thought it was hurt, so I hurried over...Much to my discontent it was just taking a nap, way to freak me out, sheesh! Wire is pretty mellow, almost as chill as a Slowpoke. But don't mistake that attitude for laziness or carelessness, because the last person to sneak up on this fellow payed for it! He seems to be totally aware of everything around him, and this lax demeanor is just that. But I like the attitude he brings, so I let him come with me.

Hidden Power: Water

Bella - Gothorita, Female, Level 2 Alright, Who's our opponen't this time? Lets do our best to impress!
Bio: While most Gothorita are somber and down-to-earth, Bella is rather forward and usually has her head in the clouds! She has this uncanny aspiration of being a pop star. She has the looks, and the drive. All she needs now is the prowess and talent to wow pokemon everywhere. She's working on that!

Hidden Power: Bug

(I recuited Axis at level 1 and placed him as an uplevel, so he needs to level up[I THINK that's how that works...])
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Thanks for reffing DarkLucario (can I call you DL?)! Hey Trot, nice to finally be able to battle you. Let's have fun, shall we?

Hester - Level 3 Female Mandibuzz (Uplevel)
Special Training: Amazonian Armor
Hester's back and pecks are now covered by thick plates of bones. She also wears a bone helmet similar to Cubone and Marowak. This makes all attacks toward her weakened by 1.2x. However, due to the weight of the bones, she can only fly up to 10 feet high at most. Her bones also negate the Flying type's ability to dodge easier.
Hidden Power: Fairy

Bynhildr - Level 2 Female Solosis
Special Training: Cell Wall
Bynhildr has an extra coating of translucent and solid protection. It's very thick and smooth, causing grappling and wrapping attacks to be harder to pull off. Its thick protection reduces both physical and special damage by 10%. However, Bynhildr is no longer protected by weather damage, and Toxic will not take an extra turn to take effect. Bynhildr is 1.5x heavier than usual, and will move slower than normal Solosis.
Hidden Power: Rock

Augustus - Level 2 Male Electrike
Special Training: Improvement is Key
When using the same move twice in the same round, the second move increases in strength by 10%, but requires 10% extra energy to pull off. When using the same move three times as a three mover, the third move remains the same in power and energy cost as the second move. The power of moves are reset after every round. Because of his ability to do this, Augustus tires a little bit easier than others, and would need to take a break quicker.
Hidden Power: Water

Napoleon - Level 2 Male Prinplup
Special Attack: Scattershot (IC)
Using ice-type energy, Napoleon forms a sphere of chilled water, which is then fired in an arc. Mid-air, the sphere explodes, releasing a flurry of small icicles toward the foe that open small cuts at points of impact. In Realistic, the shrapnel's damage becomes notably worse. Scattershot deals heavy Ice type damage for heavy energy.
Hidden Power: Dragon

Ouroboros - Level 2 Male Onix
Special Training: The Sands of Time
Ouroboros has been 'reborn' after his slumber, shedding his Rock-type skin. He now possesses only the weaknesses and resistances of a pure Ground type. His familiarity with Rock type moves is retained. He is able to use three Stone Edge's worth of Rock type energy, but must use 10% extra energy to perform such moves. Although he's now only Ground type, he still takes 1.5x damage when struck by Fighting type moves.
Hidden Power: Flying

Beowulf - Level 2 Male Pancham
Special Attack: Sword of the Demonslayer (FT)
Using heavy Fighting energy, Beowulf summons a gigantic sword, 20 feet long and 1 foot wide. He then uses his fighting spirit to swing the sword with great speed. The attack deals heavy Fighting type damage, and will cause trauma from the blunt force of the swing. There is a 20% chance of the attack causing a large laceration as well. The size of the sword will not stagger Beowulf when swinging, meaning he can deliver the attack with ease. After slashing, the sword will disappear, and will not be able to be used until 2 rounds have passed.
Hidden Power: Ghost

Come on out, Hester!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

A Mandibuzz! Oh my, she looks like a tough one...Well then. Let's match Bird for Bird! Axis! I need your help here. Take to the air!

I was hoping you'd say that! Bring it, sister!

Ok, mate, we need to be extra careful...I know! Whip up a Tailwind! Use that extra turbulence to hit her with a strong Air Slash! Stay alert, she's really tough!

Right, watch me go!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Ah, the Skarmory is in play! Alright Hester, just like we planned. Close in with Bone Rush as she goes for the Tailwind. Then, U-Turn out to your comrade Augustus (Electrike) after her Air Slash. No worries, you'll get your chance to battle soon enough.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Last edited by Extroph; 10-27-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 1: Bones and Rocks Won't Break My Wings

The Rock arena, rocks of all sorts of colors surround this arena. Grey, stone grey, light grey, and maybe the odd dark grey rock. Two trainers walk in a single file line, shake hands with on another before preceding to their sides of the field. The scoreboard lights up with the teams of both trainers. Extroph, examining his opponent's selected Pokemon hurls a Pokeball into the air and in a flash of light appears a dark vulture-like Pokemon known as a Mandibuzz. Trot Away sends out his choice of Pokemon, a silver bird-like Pokemon called Skarmory.

Quote:
Mandibuzz (Dark/Flying): The bones around their waist act as a defensive buffer, giving it a slight boost in defense for all attacks that hit around that area. Much like Cubone's helmet, it can break and be replaced for a 1 SP fee or a stay in the Pokémon Center.
Skarmory (Steel/Flying): Skarmory are used to living in harsh environments so piercing or scratching attacks do less damage than normal against them. Their wings also provide slight resistance against phyiscal attacks when tucked at their side. The undersides of their wings are sharp, granting them a 1.2x boost if used to attack.
Both Pokemon have been released into the sky, allowing them a high range of movement to and from places, within the arena obviously. Axis starts this battle off by sending a small beam of Flying type energy towards the sky, which suddenly changes the direction of the wind to come right behind him and against his foe. However, that won't simply stop Hester as he quickly tries rush in with his bone, the wind isn't doing too much to stop him as he starts whacking the silver bird Pokemon repeatedly in a brutal fashion with his bone, causing Axis to scream in agony of the super effective blow. Axis shifts her gears of thought and immediately flaps his right wing which propels a sharp portion of the air towards the Mandibuzz, and strikes him directly for a clean shot. Hester begins to concentrate on a new plan of action, which is to switch into his ally, so he surrounds himself in an aura of Bug type energy and charges straight towards Axis and lands the blow, his foe being unfazed from this attack while his foe appears to transform into a bright white light and switches place into an Electrike. Who appears to be ready for battle.

Quote:
Electrike (Electric): Electrike are filled with electricity and physical attacks used against them have a 5% chance of dealing slight paralysis to the user. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves, and they have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team.
Stats: Axis took a chunk of damage from that super effective Bone Rush while his energy usage wasn't too much. Hester didn't take all too much damage from Air Slash, he has enough Bug for one more U-Turn and enough Ground for another Bone Rush. Augustus is fresh.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Alright, excellent work Hester!

Now, Augustus, make your way behind that medium sized rock to your southeast as you use Thunderbolt, then peek out with a Discharge!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I've been had! Great, this just not my day. What now?!

I-I don't know WHAT to do! This is all my fault, I knew I should have used someone else...I'm sorry, Axis. I...

Shut that pessimist trap, you! Just because i'm at a disadvantage doesn't mean i'm giving up, and neither should you! Plus, I'm an uplevel, I can take a jolt or two a little better than most! Now come on, you gotta have SOME sort of idea in that noggin of yours!

You're right, I can't give in right from the start...I'll Activate my 3-Mover!

Let's scare him out of his tactic, let loose a mighty Roar! Discharge will probably hurt, but you have to chase him down and make things Toxic for that dog! Lastly, break a boulder or two and cut him off with Rock Tomb!

Gotcha! Don't fret, Trot. I'll make 'em pay for that Bait-and-Switch!

Last edited by Trot Away; 10-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 2: Three At The Start

Augustus starts off where his teammate left off, battling Axis the Skarmory. Except he is on the ground and can rely only on ranged attacks unlike Hester. Wanting to make himself more difficult to hit, Augustus runs towards a boulder, but the ferocious Steel type decides to bellow a mighty roar to faze the electric hound can only whimper from the sound waves hitting his highly sensitive ears from behind his hiding place, leaving him unable to attack for now. But the Electrike finally steels himself from that roaring and unleashes electrical discharge aimed from his foe who lets out a painful cry of agony from that attack and struggles to resist being thrown onto the ground from that. The Skarmory's body is clearly paralyzed from that attack and is struggling to stay airborne, but he has cooked up a malicious plan to get revenge from getting scammed by Augustus and his teammate and getting paralyzed, by flying over the rock Augustus is hiding behind, he spews out toxic onto the Electrike, clearly it'll take effect in only a matter of time. However, Axis isn't done yet as he lands back on the ground and stomps his feet as well, causing rocks to be tossed towards Augustus which surround him at all sides. Effectively ending this round.

Trot Away has used their three mover!

Stats: Axis has taken quite a bit of damage, is paralyzed and used up a chunk of energy this round. Augustus has barely taken any damage, didn't up too much damage and is good for two.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Axis! Are you alright?

A little stiff, but i'm not a wimp like the ref makes me out to be!

Glad to hear that...But now Augustus is locked in. This is a chance to use your Agility and loosen up!

You know what? I oughta lay a bunch of Spikes around his enclosure. Even if they get out, they won't be going anywhere unless they like pain!

Great idea, go for it!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Iron Tail at the rocks surrounding you to escape. Follow it up with a Quick Attack and strike Skarmory to get away from where the Rock Tomb was.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 3: Heavy Metal

With his body being slightly paralyzed, Axis concentrates his energies to loosen up his muscles in an attempt to relieve himself of some of the statical ailment that plagued him last round. Meanwhile, Augustus devises a clever plan to get out of the tomb of boulders that surround him. By concentrating, he uses up some Steel type energy which cover his tail with a hard silver metallic shell which he then uses to shatter the rock closest to him through jumping into the air and slashing the rock with his tail, effectively eliminating it and allowing him to travel around the arena freely Axis spots the Electric type hound and immediately starts to spin around and in a circle, pretending as though as he's a Forretress, spreading sharp metal spikes around the enclosure Augustus once was trapped inside of, making it hard for any Pokemon who travel on foot to get past without stepping on them. I can only imagine the painful sensation of stepping one. However, despite being trapped inside of a ring of spikes, Augustus starts to build up speed once more, running towards Axis yet stepping on one of those spikes in the way, this doesn't faze him though as he takes a leap into the air to slam straight into Axis' hard body and lands on the ground, cringing from the poison infecting him.

Summary: Axis has barely taken any damage this round, his energy use was decently normal however. He would like a breather but can manage without one. Augustus took a bit of damage from Spikes and Toxic. but his energy was much lower than Axis's, his Steel reserves are good for two more Iron Tails.

Last edited by Kuvario; 11-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Discharge, twice.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Roar again and abuse those super-sensitive ears to cut one short! But now that he's free, we're in for trouble...

Then i'll lock him up again with another Rock Tomb!

Be careful, I don't want to lose you too soon...
Old 11-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 4: Keep This Up

Finally being freed some his prison, Augustus decides that unleashing as much type spam as possible would be a great idea despite that being the oldest trick in the ASB Handbook. He begins by building up as much statical discharge in hopes of striking down Axis as soon as possible, however Axis won't be a sitting duck and he gets this message across by uttering a loud and frightening roar, taking advantage of his foe's sensitive ears as Augustus stops his attack and whimpers in fear.

However, this fright is only temporary and didn't a long while, and thus Augustus charges more statical energy and unleashes the electricity towards Axis, hitting him with sparks of electricity bursting out of him as he screeches in agony of that assault. Axis is now enraged at his foe, so much that he sluggishly lands back onto the ground and stomps his right foot-talon thing as hard as he possibly can, causing rocks to surround Augustus once more and thus trapping him and he takes more damage from the Toxic.

Summary: Axis is already into the second third of health while he has enough Rock energy for another Rock Tomb, he requires a breather immediately. Augustus hasn't taken direct damage this round but would also like a breather, can manage without one though and has taken Toxic damage.

Last edited by Kuvario; 11-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Wait, Augustus isn't poisoned after all?)

Urrgh! Yep, that one smart as bad as the last one!

I don't think those rocks will hold him for long...Hmm, over there! That seems like a sizable boulder. Get out of sight, take a rest and Roost...Even if he breaks free, still has the Spikes and toxins do deal with...
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #17
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Iron Tail to break the rocks and follow up with Thunderbolt as soon as you can. Let's try to interrupt that Roost.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 11-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #18
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Wait, I forgot to account for Toxic damage, I'll edit the reffings to show that Augustus has been poisoned. So sorry and feel free to re-order.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #19
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I'm ok. Although i'm pretty much screwed either way...
Old 11-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

My orders stand as well~

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 5: Shocking

Axis panics in fear of being struck down easily so he sluggishly flies over behind a sizable boulder to rest his wings and body. He settles down on behind of it and begins to relax himself by focusing as much energy as he possibly can to restore his health by a large amount. Meanwhile, Augustus isn't exactly pleased at Axis's lack of originality to keep him at bay, so he attempts to free himself once more, his tail becomes coated once more with a solid metallic armor as he jumps into the air to perform a vertical spinning maneuver aimed for one of the giant rocks surrounding himself, which crumbles into pebbles under the pressure. Augustus, now freed, goes around the boulder Axis was hiding behind and sends out a fast burst of electricity towards the roosting Axis which strikes the bird, causing statical energies to appear from it as a result despite not being paralyzed. It's clear that the rest Axis took didn't do him much in the long run. However, Augustus feels a sudden stinging sensation in his body from the toxins.

Summary: Axis took more damage than he recovered while he used up a skiable chunk of energy, will be good for two. Augustus is doing fine with health but Toxic is starting to get even stronger. He needs a break.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #22
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

If EG taught me anything, it's that any time is Discharge time.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 11-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #23
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

And yet it stepped on nary a Spike along the way...I have the worst luck!

Will that wild dog ever let up?!

Watch out! Protect yourself!

Dang, I oughta slap him well into my spikes! I have Assurance I can deal him some serious damage this time around!

Yeah, make him pay! Go get 'em, Axis!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #24
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Round 6: Better Than Other Matches

Augustus decides to take it easy this round, easily aware of his foe's predicament and knows his foe will not be around for too long. Electricity builds up around his body, staring at Axis while doing so to get a clear aim at his foe. Axis tries to stand his ground, or air in order to brace the incoming attack. An electrical Discharge is released from the Electrike's body, approaching Axis at a very fast rate. However, the Skarmory is prepared for this as he creates a green shield of energy to Protect himself from the incoming attack, he sighs in relief of not getting hit this round. He lowers his shield in order to concentrate his thoughts, dark thoughts to be more precise, he thinks up some twisted ways to eliminate his foe from the match and earn himself a win. The dark thoughts spread all over his body, giving him a frightening appearance to some, he flies towards Augustus, intent on Assuring his chances of winning and slams into the electric hound Pokemon, who lets out a howl of pain from that attack and snarls at his foe, wishing for some payback in the rounds coming up, and howls once more as the toxins take it's toll.

Summary: Augustus took more damage than expected due to being damaged by the Spikes before and the Toxic, he loved his break and is good for two. Axis avoided damaged but used more energy than his foe, Dark type energy is enough for roughly two more Assurances. He is also good for two.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #25
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hah! How do you like that!

It worked, we're wearing them down! But he's still a big threat...Axis, lets blow them far away with a Whirlwind, they can't shock us if we toss them like a salad!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL