UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

UPN PASBL: HeroicRein vs DarthTakuya

Hello, one and all, to a battle between two newer members, one of which has been around for more than a few months and one who just joined! Stats are very important so we should make haste in getting familiar with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stats. Important. Look. Now. Otherwise. Death.
4v4
Singles
48 HR DQ
Equiall 2
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Turtleshell Pond (Outdoor Custom Arena): A small pond with a turtleshell pattern. Pokemon that gather here love to play in the water and rest on the island. Although there is water, it's only shallow enough to paddle in and drowning should not happen. Water Pokemon battle most enthusiastically here.
Special Rules: Water's Edge, Wild Pokemon (Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Psyduck, Golduck, Marill, Azumarill, Azurill, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Ducklett, Swanna)
A turtle shell pattern eh? Are you sure its not a giant Squirtle sheel pattern?
Ion: That was totally lame -.-
Shush Ion. Anyways, the battle proceeds as follows:
Chiko posts squad
Darth post squad and choose first Pokemon
Chiko sends out first pokemon with orders
Darth orders
I ref
Reverse!
And it goes on and on again~ *shot*

Let the battle begin!
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Last edited by rotomotorz; 07-03-2014 at 08:44 AM.
rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
I've been around PASBL for almost a year now. ~_~

Photon - Level 2 Genderless Magnemite
Hidden Power - Ice
Bio: "All the screens are filled with heroes and losers but the sky's still filled with stars"
No sig.

Evora - Level 3 Female Kirlia (Uplevel)
Hidden Power - Fire
Bio: "I never did believe in the ways of magic but I'm beginning to wonder why"

Luna - Level 2 Female Bayleef
Hidden Power - Fairy
Bio: "Some call me sister of the moon, some say illusions are my game"
Spoiler: show
Courageous and energetic, Luna comes from a long line of royals that are quite strict with their training, behavior and chores. However, due to Luna being quite a mischievous diva whom plays tricks on all around her, usually without thinking about the consequences of her actions. She one day pulled a prank that almost caused a severe accident, due to this she was exiled and told to never come back.

~~

The fact that she could never return was very hurtful to her and made her realize that her mischievous personality caused more harm than good. One day while she was thinking about her actions and what she could've done to avoid being exiled, when suddenly she heard a noise beneath her. This noise was here temporary demise as it opened up a hole in the ground which swallowed her up then closed on her. Few Pokemon remember the incident, although, there were several near her at the time.

~~

Years passed by when suddenly a fossil was discovered by Pokemon Archaeologist this fossil, was very different from others which lead scientist to believe it was a brand new Pokemon, some speculations being a pre-evo of Relicanth or a Cradily evo. However, when the scientist revived the fossil, it was not anything they were expecting. The scientist were in half-awe and half-shock at the sight.

~~

The revived Pokemon was Luna, however, she had undergone a few notable difference from the usual Chikorita, for one, most of her body was rock solid except for her neck-buds, tail and head-leaf (Which would be the head-leaf and neck-leafs as a Bayleef, and the flower and antennae as a Meganium). The second difference was her new found Rock typing due to her revival. The scientist thought of her as a “mutant” and a “freaK” so they, due to these reasons, released her into the wild to fend for herself.

~~

This gave her time to find out what her new form could do, indeed, she had fun with being able to hit some Flying types for 4x SE damage, however, this came at the loss of some moves. A lot of which meant life to her in her previous state. Eventually, the day arrived that I encountered her, though, it was not a good encounter.

~~

She was being surrounded by a group of four Timburr who were mocking her for being rock-like and attacking her due to having the upper-hand. The sight of this made me angry and I knew I had to do something, so, I set down a few berries to hopefully coax the Timburr away from Luna. The plan was a success and after the Timburr left, Luna came up to me, tapped an empty PokeBall and became mine.

-------------------------
Special Training - Type Change: Rosebud of Rock. (Grass/Rock)

Due to her Rock typing from her revived state Luna has all the weaknesses and resistances of a Grass/Rock type, she has also gained the moves Rock Slide, Power Gem and Rock Tomb. As well as gaining these moves Luna can now, at the cost of moderate energy, turn her Razor Leaf and Bullet Seed into Rock type moves that deal solid damage. However, she loses all access to the moves Counter, Outrage, Heal Pulse, Grassy Terrain, Wring Out and Magic Coat.

Taido - Level 2 Female Marill
Hidden Power - Steel
Bio: "That's what the water made me, that's who I am and what I'll be"
No sig.

Nimbus - Level 2 Male Swablu
Hidden Power - Fighting
Bio: "So I wanna fly like an eagle to the sea, fly like an eagle, let the spirit carry me"
No sig.

Wiggler - Level 2 Male Shiny Ledian
Hidden Power - Water
Bio: "When the world gets in my face I say, have a nice day"
No sig.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Aposteriori
Banned

Antrozous Pallidus: Level 1 Male Zubat
Corvus Woodfordi: Level 1 Male Murkrow
Mecoptera Scorpiones: Level 1 Male Gligar
Ara Aruana: Level 1 Male Chatot
Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier: Level 1 Male Drifloon
Otus Jolandae: Level 1 Male Hoothoot

I will start off with Ara (Chatot)
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Photon, time to get out there.

Start off with a Thunderbolt and Discharge.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
Aposteriori
Banned

Supersonic. U-Turn on the floor to Mecoptera (Gligar).
Old 07-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Round 1 - Squawk!

Our battlers stand firm on each side of the pond, each one selecting a Pokeball before tossing it, revealing our first tow battlers, a Chatot named Ara Aruana and a Magnemite named Photon! I'll try not to be biased :P SummaryDex go shows us things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummaryDex: Oh joy more battling. Meh.
Chatot (Normal/Flying): Chatot's sound-based attacks are more effective than normal.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.

Magnemite (Electric/Steel): Magnemite moves using antigravity propulsion. While this limits its speed and "flight ceiling" (how high it can float over the ground), this allows it to perform amazing aerial evasive maneuvers that cannot be performed by any other flier. Being inorganic, Magnemite cannot be affected by Poison in any way, unlike other Steel types who could be affected if the Poison is ingested internally.
[Steel]: Steel types, like rock types, have hard bodies, making them resistant to unskilled physical blows, and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree rock types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike rock types, most steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures donft bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesnft appeal to them.
With that out of the way, let the battle begin! Photon begins by sparking with eletricity, but before it can do anything a loud yell erupts from Ara. Seems Photon doesn't want to pay up his 90% to the guild! The loud yell confuses Photon, magnets spinning oddly and erratically as Photon can't make sense of his surroundings anymore. Ara is then quick to retreat, coating himself in buggy blue-green energy as he rams into the floor, safely returning to his pokeball as Darth sends out Mecoptera Scorpiones the Gligar! SummaryDex your turn again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummaryDex: Come on guys why you have to switch so soon
Gligar (Flying/Ground): Gligar are not true fliers: instead, they glide. If needed to, however, they are able to fly for short distances, and their claws allow them to grab and climb relatively smooth surfaces. Gligar can see in the dark.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
Photon took no damage and used no energy. Confuzzled.

Ara used a bit of energy and took no damage. Rejuvenating his energy.

Mecoptera be fresh and new.
Squad Summary

Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Aposteriori
Banned

Quick Charge Substitute. Proceed to use Swords Dance afterwards.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #8
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Flash Cannon to get rid of the Sub then Hidden Power after the Swords Dance.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Round 2 - Orbs and beams!

Mecoptera quickly summons a clone, unknown to Photon, and floats a bit farther. Photon, abusing his opponent's seemingly standing still, charges up a large steel beam and opens fire upon the still Mecoptera clone, which goes out with a poof, revealing the true Mecoptera. Despite losing his fake, Mecoptera still decides to dance, spinning and spinning, summoning winds which lightly dance around him. Photon, without limbs to dance, finds this fairly ridiculous and summons multiple orbs of icy cold energy, flinging them at the spinning Mecoptera. Mecoptera finishes the dance jjust as orbs hit dead-on, resulting in Mecoptera snarling in pain as the extra effective attack hits. Nonetheless, the dance was still a success, and Mecoptera feels new strength fill his body, which will last for a few of the coming rounds

Mecoptera took quite a hefty amount of damage to start off, both from the Substitute and Photon's Hidden Power. Energy usage was much better than Photon though. Attack boost

Photon avoided all damage, but used quite a bit of energy attacking. Ice is out.
Squad Summary

Old 07-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #10
Aposteriori
Banned

Is he still confused?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #11
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Yes
Squad Summary

Old 07-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
Aposteriori
Banned

Did it work at all? its not mentioned anywhere in the reffing.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

He's confused, not as much as two rounds ago. Flash Cannon got off fine but Hidden Power took a little longer due to it, which is why Swords dance finished before Hidden Power hit. I should've mentioned it but oh well
Squad Summary

Old 07-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
Aposteriori
Banned

It just seemed that you forgot about confusion all together as there was no mention of a delay in the actual reffing. I'm being advised to cancel the match and find a better ref. Sorry, didn't really know how grades worked since I'm new around here.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Replace me at your discretion, just I did know about confusion and didn't mention it well in the reffing. I could edit it to mention confusion chance but it wouldn't change anything so I didn't
Squad Summary

Old 07-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
Aposteriori
Banned

Sorry, apparently I was told to replace you with a breath of sarcasm. The person who told me did not mean a literal replacement. I'm still no comfortable on the interpretation, but I guess we can continue with the match.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #17
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

What happened here?

Anyway...

Ascend as you back off so you can hopefully get Gligar into the sky then Thunderbolt, if the plan fails use Flash Cannon. Finish with Toxic.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
Aposteriori
Banned

Give him a DC Earthquake. Then give him another DC Earthquake. Finish off with DC Earthquake. Confirming three mover. Glide toward him in all three instances.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 AM   #19
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Round 3 - Smash

Quick because limited time on the internet. Photon, slowly coming to his senses, slowly ascends while sparkling with electricity. Mercoptera ascends as well, gliding towards Photon. His claw glows a brilliant brown as he smashes it with full force on Phtoon, who screeches with agony at the extremely effective hit. Nonetheless, he still releasing his built up electricity at Mercoptera, who winces slightly as his claw glows brown again. once again, he smashes his claw on Photon, who once again screeches in pain as the attacks take their toll on him. Photon grimaces, creating a purple blob which he spatters over Mercoptera, the toxins soaking into his bloodstream which will start to hurt starting next round. But Mercoptera isn't done yet, as his claw glows brown for a third time, and he smashes it on Photon a third time. This time howeverz, Photon does not get up.

Photon is unable to battle. Chico, please send out your next Pokemon!

Mercoptera is starting to tire after that extensive three mover. Health is still okay for now.
Squad Summary

Old 07-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #20
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Taido, let's go.

Ice Beam x2.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #21
Aposteriori
Banned

Rock Tomb. Baton Pass to Jean (Drifloon).

Last edited by Aposteriori; 07-06-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #22
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Round 4 - Brrrrr Ice

Chiko replaces his fallen Magnemite with Taido the Marill! SummaryDex, what is Marill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummaryDex: Marill is your face
Marill (Water/Fairy): Marrill's hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of making it more vulnerable to sound attacks. Marrills may use their tail-balls as a floatation device, making it difficult to force one underwater if it does not wish to do so.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Fairy]: Fairys are slightly more adept at support moves than most Pokémon and use slightly less energy to perform them. Fairies prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically there. Any attack used by a Fairy type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. Fairies dislike fighting in urban environments.
Taido stars off by gathering energy of a type close to her native type, sending it in a brilliant light-blue beam which shoots erratically at Mercoptera, who get hit by the force of the attack, gliding back slightly in recoil. Mercoptera then summons a rocky structure to appear around Taido, trapping her tight. She attempt to break free with a similar icy attack, but it only manages to crack the rocks and freeze a small area where the attack hit. Mercoptera then summons a glowing baton of energy, throwing it into the air as he is recalled into his Pokeball. In his place, a floating purple balloon, a Drifloon named Jean is sent out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummaryDex: Five SCs in four rounds. How do you even manage?
Drifloon (Ghost/Flying): Drifloon is considered familiar with Psychic abilities. It can inflate itself to either provide a slight defense against physical attacks or for propulsion. Drifloon is almost always solid, but able to turn ethereal for short periods of time. They are very nimble in the air but light much like Hoppip and can be blown about easily by winds, but in ethereal, they are not influenced by winds or other similar forces. They have no flight ceiling.
[Ghost]: Ghosts are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects and are immune to telekinetic-based Psychic moves if not in the solid state (though will still take damage from Psychic moves regardless of state). They cannot be poisoned. Ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night and can see in the dark, though they are not put off by fighting in the day. Their fear inducing attacks are more effective than those used by other Pokémon. Ghost-types take neutral damage from Normal, Fighting and typeless attacks in the ASB, as opposed to in the games, but some may change their state in order to evade certain moves. See Ghost Pokémon Information for details on states.
Mercoptera took a lot of damage, which isn't what he'll be recovering inside his Pokeball. Energy usage was decent and he'll be recovering it in his Pokkeball though. Rock still good.

Taido took no damage. Energy usage was a tad high. Ice is less full than empty.

Jean did nothing and used nothing.
Squad Summary

Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #23
Aposteriori
Banned

As she attempts an escape, use haze to hide yourself. Brace yourself with focus energy as you move about in the haze.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #24
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

>Evil thoughts.

Screw it, Dig your way out of there then Foresight, finish with Hydro Pump.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #25
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Round 5 - I haven't got the haziest

Taido dislikes being trapped in rocks, so she digs her way out. She digs through the soft earth below, although it takes sometime because her hands are fairly stubby. When she emerges, she finds herself in a very different place from what she remember. A purple fog has shrouded the arena, lowering visibility, and her opponent's silhouette is barely visible. Taido decides to enhance her vision a bit, and shoots a red laser from her eyes red beam which briefly lights up the area, allowing Taido to locate Jean focusing within the fog. What Jean is focusing on, nobody knows, but clearly it has some effect, as when Taido shoots a huge stream of water at him, Jean manages to see it slightly ahead of time, managing to move out of the way somewhat as only part of the attack hits its mark.

Taido took no damage, but energy usage was a tad high.

Jean took some damage, and energy usage was very low.
Squad Summary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL