UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #151
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
So what's the scoop with the update? Blaze was saying it's available and Talon was saying it was a beta or something.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #152
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
So what's the scoop with the update? Blaze was saying it's available and Talon was saying it was a beta or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroality
To clear up a bit of confusion, we have BW2 available in 1.0.60 here - however this is unrelated to the v2 Alpha link you are seeing in Tohjo Falls.

That is the next version of Pokemon Online and is testing RBY along with multiple tiers. You can download that version here - but be sure to place it in a separate folder if you want to continue using PO 1.0.60!

We need help testing and finding bugs, so check it out!

1.0.60 will be fully released in next day or two - with Linux and server versions, and another news item will be posted with the changelog.
Blaze downloaded the incomplete 1.0.60. So did hundreds of others. zeroality then issued this announcement on June 25th explaining that 1.0.60 is available for download but that it will be fully released in a couple of days. Well, it's been a couple of days. There are three possibilities:

(1) zeroality didn't know what he was talking about and the version Blaze downloaded is the completed version of 1.0.60. Highly unlikely.

(2) it's coming, just be patient. They still have to work out a few kinks.

(3) it's not coming, go ahead and get the buggy incomplete 1.0.60. They're going to move development entirely over to the next version of P-O and try to get that out in the next month or two.

Given this team's track record, I would vote the likelihood as being 3 > 2 > 1. So if you're really impatient, then I guess go ahead and get the incomplete 1.0.60. What's the worst that could happen? Otherwise, just be patient and wait for a newspost. None of us here on UPN are likely to be in a position any more informed about P-O than you are so just keep checking their main site for newsposts and you'll know when the new version is out as soon as any of the rest of us would.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #153
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
So, in other news, not that any of you play Ubers, but, because of the Dream Radar, Lugai and Ho-Oh have been released with their Dream World abilities.

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/genivpokemon.shtml

Holy crap. Why did Gamefreak make the two best defensive Pokemon in the game MORE defensive????
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #154
phoopes
Double Dragon

Yeah, Multiscale Lugia and Regenerator Ho-oh are just a tad good at being defensive, haha. Though Ho-oh being 4x weak to Stealth Rock still sucks. Also, the only thing that I've seen that can guarantee a OHKO on Multiscale Lugia at full health (standard set, anyway) is Specs Kyurem-W using Blizzard. This is because Mold Breaker clone ability bypasses Multiscale, so that's pretty awesome.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #155
phoopes
Double Dragon

Tiering changes for the month of July...

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
Wow, big surprises with the tiering changes. Let's get started since there's a whole lot of shuffling...

This month I'll be listing these by tier and from where they rose, including those I previously bolded, while bolding those that are surprises:

OU
Abomasnow (BL)
Mew (UU) (Mew's been hanging right there on the border between OU and UU, at some points getting more usage than scrafty and virizion.)
Hippowdon (BL)
Abomasnow (BL)
Deoxys D (BL)
Keldeo (Unreleased...or Dream World, whatever)
Thundurus T
Tornadus T
Landorus T

UU

Scrafty (OU)
Mienshao (OU)
(OK, scrafty's not as huge of a surprise since it's been predicted to do so for months but whatever...this is still out of nowhere. Expect scrafty to be a top tier threat...and possibly a suspect at some point, the DD moxie set looks extremely dangerous.)
Snover (BL) (DW snover was released 10 days ago)
Porygon Z (BL2)

RU
Nidoqueen (UU)
Escavalier (UU) (Another trick room abuser for RU.)
Quagsire (NU)
Magmortar (NU) (NU is finally magmortar-less.)
Cryogonal (NU)
Metang (PU) (WTF?)

NU
Kangaskhan (PU)
Electabuzz (PU)
Lapras (PU)
Ampharos (PU)
Jumpluff (PU)
Ursaring (PU)
Piloswine (PU)
Linoone (PU)
Regice (PU)
Rampardos (PU)
Zebstrika (PU)
Gigalith (PU)
Carracosta (PU)
Golurk (RU) (With the new move tutors, this shouldn't last long.)

PU
Raichu (NU)
Leafeon (NU)
Eelectross (NU)
Luxray (NU)

Ubers
Kyurem W
Kyurem B

My thoughts:

Ubers:
Thank God both Kyurem forms were immediately placed here. I heard people saying that Kyurem-B should get an OU test, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

OU:
Mew moving up to OU is no surprise, as it's been hanging there for a while. It's also nice to see that all the Therian forms plus Keldeo are being given a chance. Would've sucked to see one of them banished to Ubers without getting the chance. And after seeing them all a bunch, I think they'll all stay in OU, however Thundy-T could be discussed for Ubers. Rest of the stuff moving from BL really doesn't matter too much.

UU:
Mienshao and Scrafty being moved down caught me completely off guard. Scrafty will definitely be dangerous in UU, a top tier threat in my opinion. Mienshao's lead set will also be used a bunch, I think, now that all perma-weather is banned from UU. Ultimately, I think Scrafty moves to BL and Mienshao stays in UU. Snover moving down won't matter much at all, because Hail is banned from UU. It'll most likely drop, I think.

RU: Nidoqueen being moved down surprised me. It was a really good bulky T-Spiker in UU, and was used pretty often. Can't say much about Escavalier, but it's cool to see Quagsire, Magmortar, and Cryogonal moved up to RU. The latter two were used a lot to counter Tangrowth, a huge threat in RU, and Quagsire is finally being moved up, a great counter to setup sweepers with Unaware.

More to come later...

Quick edit: Seriously, how did Metang jump from PU to RU?

Second edit:

NU: Don't really play NU all that much, but it is nice to see some favorites of mine like Linoone and Regice move up a tier from PU. However, I must agree with dewhinifier, Golurk won't stay NU for long with his move tutor moves. Hell, I've seen him used decently in UU. My guess is that he'll be a force to be reckoned with this low.

PU: I've never played PU at all, and the only thing of note here is that I think Electross won't stay here long, again because of some nice move tutor moves.

Last edited by phoopes; 07-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #156
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Kyurem-B's attack stat guarantees Ubers. I mean, 170 base STAB Outrage will destroy almost anything. Now imagine DD or SD on it. That's insanely powerful. Same idea for Kyurem-W.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #157
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

The fuck is PU?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #158
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
The fuck is PU?
PU is the NU of NU. It's just gained surprising popularity recently. Basically, someone thought that there was a lot of trash Pokemon in NU and created a tier below it, with PU being the joke that every Pokemon in it stinks. Based on the usage statistics of NU, any Pokemon that is used on less than 3.41% of teams in NU (don't ask me how they came up with that number) is placed in PU. Here's the Smogon thread for it.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #159
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Surprised Eelektross isn't in UU. His stats prevent him from being in OU, I 100% agree, as he's outclassed by other things who do his job better ... but in UU!? Seriously!?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #160
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Hmmm, I think trubbish and garbodor should be in PU. *shot*
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #161
Princess Ana

I am pretty sure that PO has abandoned its 1.06.7 server or whatever the hell it is called. It is currently numbering in the two hundreds, real dregs. They are probably going to close it sometime soon.

So, are we all going to 2.0?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #162
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm still on P-O 1.0.60. The reason I haven't upgraded yet is that despite assurances from the staff that you can get 1.0 box data to work with the 2.0 client, nobody on UPN who has upgraded has yet been able to do so. I even linked one UPNer directly to the help threads on P-O's forums and asked them to try what was written there. They did and they still reported back that the boxes don't work.

If it were just the 100 odd creatures that Daisy, Yuki, and I made when we first started the CC League it would be one thing. But then there's the 60 other creatures contributed by multiple other members of our community. And then there's the over 200 creatures submitted by DaveTheFishGuy that I have yet to organize (and thus you guys had yet to see on the P-O main site). I don't want to sacrifice everybody's hard work so I'm pretty much stuck on the old P-O until I can figure something out.

The current plan (but good god is it a really shitty plan) is to withdraw six CC League creatures at a time, save them as a team, and keep doing this until I've saved all 400+ creatures in the form of teams. Then once I've done that, I upgrade to 2.0. Then once I've done that, I load up the teams, one at a time, and deposit the Pokemon into the 2.0 boxes. But this is one hell of an onerous process, one I am not looking forward to by any means, and will probably put off for quite some time.

If anyone can confirm that they were able to get box data (including CC League box data) to work with 2.0, then I'll happily upgrade now. Until then, I stay on 1.0.60.

Another factor for you to consider, Blaze, is that the 2.0 line was clearly rushed from a coding development side of things. It was the design team's baby, no doubt about it, but for the coding team, it's clear that 1.0.65 was their greatest work. A lot of the strides made in the 1.0.6 line have been undone in the 2.0 line. In fact, there's a lot broken with the 2.0 line that wasn't even broken in the 1.0.3 line, never mind the 1.0.5 or the 1.0.6 lines. Some examples I have heard of include:
  • Wormadam's formes have zero moves in the Team Builder
  • Pokémon's images do not show up when you switch in the middle of battle under certain circumstances
  • the program crashes if you attempt to load more than six teams
  • Arceus with no plate on him is reported to the opponent as Arceus (Bug) but to the user as Arceus (Normal)
And many more. So it's pretty clear that if stability is what you're after, 1.0.6 trumps 2.0 any day of the week. Maybe they've fixed some (or all) of these things with their latest release, 2.0.05, I don't know, but this is just some of the stuff I've read on their forums or seen in the 1.0 chatroom.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #163
Princess Ana

Do you happen to have any links to people who have done this successfully? It might differ person to person or something.

I also tried moving the boxes, to no avail.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #164
Talon87
時の彼方へ

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/show....0-Please-Help
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #165
Princess Ana

I did exactly what they did there, hell, even moved it instead of copypasted it, and it did nothing.

Nothing of value.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #166
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Then perhaps you would like to post on the forum, on behalf of all of us here at UPNetwork (don't mention us by name though ), and ask for some help in this matter. I would but for the fact that, as I have not upgraded, I'd sound like a total moron to them.

"Well, have you tried this yet?"
"Actually, no. The thing is, I haven't even upgraded yet."
*click*
"H-hello? Hellooooo? "

You, on the other hand, have upgraded and can work with them in real time. Just be polite with your responses and you should do fine.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #167
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah, when I upgraded I found the whole 'dreambelievers' folder and copied all my boxes into it. When I went into PO, the boxes were there... but not the Pokémon. At all.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #168
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Again, if you would be so kind, it would be great if you would post in the Help forum on the Pokemon-Online webforum and ask for assistance. I would but for the fact that I'm holding down the 1.0.6 fort. (And no, please don't ask me to install 2.0 separately. -_-; I don't want any more breadcrumbs on this drive than they're already foisting on me.) Tell them politely, "I have tried everything that was suggested here but all I ended up with was a bunch of 'boxes' that P-O 2.0 then reported as being empty. My friends have had the same exact problem as me so I know I'm not the only one."
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #169
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It doesn't look like either of you decided it was worth the time and effort to post a thread in the Help forum there. -.-; Maybe I can ask you to test this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
Thanks again.
I moved the boxes folder to the dreambelievers\Pokemon online folder and most boxes work, except for a few where I had "-" in the name before, but removed it but it still doesn't work. Is there a way for this to be fixed as well? The Pokemon doesn't show up in these boxes.
Given what this person writes, I want you to do the following:
  1. Find your old box data. (Or, if you have to, redownload some CC League boxes from the UPN CC League website.)
  2. Grab one of the boxes and make three copies of it. (No need to make any more than that.)
  3. Name the first box a. Not "Box A," but simply "a", no quotes.
  4. Name the second box UPN CC. (Note the space and include it.)
  5. Name the third box UPN-CC. (Note the dash and include it.)
  6. Place the renamed box files in the 2.0 box folder that the P-O staff is telling everyone to put them in.
I'm curious to see if spaces and hyphens fuck with the box importation system between 1.0.x and 2.0.x and if the reason the staff doesn't suspect there's a serious problem with box importation is because they all named their boxes without any spaces, dashes, underscores, or any other kinds of special characters that might break the system.

If anyone could test this simple theory out, that would be great. If anyone who has the 2.0 software could be bothered to ask for help on the P-O forum, that would be even better.

Note: Don't simply grab three separate boxes. Please make a copy of the same identical box. We don't want false negatives or false positives resulting from discrepancies due to different boxes' differing contents.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #170
Princess Ana

This is true. The spaces and hyphens mess things up. When neither exist, the boxes work fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Princess Ana; 07-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Princess Ana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #171
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, you can confirm that with zero spaces or hyphens, all the contents of all the boxes work fine? Obviously you're not going to test 200+ creatures for us, but could you just randomly test the following? (Just for paranoia's sake? )
  • UPN CC 1: the Beedrill
  • UPN CC 3: the Cinccino
  • UPN CC b: the Wobbuffet
  • UPN CC e: the Glaceon
That's good enough. Withdraw those four and see if they work in a quick non-rated battle with some random person on P-O. If they do, eureka, problem solved.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #172
Princess Ana

They all work.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #173
Princess Ana

I just had a battle with the Phoopie cushion on PokeShowdown, and honestly, I think I found the two Pokemon no sun team should go without.

The first Pokemon is Rotom-Wash. He is one of the best counters to Politoed there is, and Volt Switch can KO Politoed and bring in Ninetales. He brings nice resistances to the table to.

The second is Heatran. This may seem like old news, but I guarantee you haven't used a Flame Charge Heatran. This gives him a speed boost, and couple with Heatran's good coverage, can create a devastating late game sweep with the sun up...especially against a rain team with Amoonshit and Ferrocrap. jk

It was a fun match, phoopes.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #174
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

FORGET POKESHOWDOWN

COME TO POv2

I'M LONELY GUYS ALTHOUGH TALON AND YUKI RECENTLY UPGRADED

NOW I KNOW HOW TDOS FELT

Sun teams are great though \o/

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #175
Princess Ana

I can't get on the UPN channel. I'm sure it is invite only, but ATM, not going on PO. I went on PokeShowdown to see how it would work on my computer, and saw phoopie cushion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON