Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
Again, pointing at my Electabuzz's sig.
Silly, the Charizard SC has its limits.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #77
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round Six: Eye Of The Charizard

With Mr. Mime out for the count, its trainer returns it and sends out another pokemon. This robot DJ is known as Krohm the Metang. Hopefully it will add some spice to this battle.

Fresh out of the ball, Metang uses a super original Psychic. Yeah. Anyway, the wave of energy smacks into Electabuzz, actually knocking him down this time. Electabuzz takes so long trying to get up that the fresh Metang has time to use another Psychic attack. It hits hard and you can see that Electabuzz is moments from unconsciousness. However, he manages to get up after a while and use a good bit of his remaining energy to tangle Metang up with a Thunder Wave. After that, he charges up the rest of his energy and fires off a Zap Cannon, lighting up Metang and dealing some heavy damage right off the back. In addition, Paralysis has sunk in and Metang is having problems dealing with it. However, the electric tendrils that wrapped Metang start to slowly fad away as Electabuzz falls to the ground and loses consciousness.

Electabuzz is unable to battle.

Metang took some heavy damage right out of the ball. Health level is already past the halfway point of the first quarter and another decent hit will put him into the second quarter. Energy use was high too, putting the level close to the second quarter as well. Full body paralysis is in effect and it will be hard to move or attack.

Rang's final pokemon choice and orders, followed by Sal's orders.

(Now, before someone *cough*Rangeet*cough* jumps down my throat about this Electabuzz was technically KOed twice, once on the health front and once on the energy front, and he took some more damage as well, so I don't think even a Charizard could still be fighting after all that.)

PASBL Trainer Level 2 - SPPf Native
C+ Grade Referee - VM me with any reffing requests and I'll see what I can do
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #78
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
So predictable. GO MELINA

Set up a nice little Light Screen, then Calm your Mind.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #79
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Light Screen? Silly, naive Rangeet... (EDIT: Turns out Psyshock is weird...)

Psyshock on the Screen, then Psyshock again.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.

Last edited by Salamencia; 07-11-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #80
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round Seven: Rewrite After Rewrite After Rewrite

(Okay, I wrote this round a total of three times. First time I wrote it and then remembered about the paralysis. So I wrote it a second time with the paralysis. Then I remembered that Psyshock is technically a move that uses special attack and paralysis wouldn't have mattered, so I had to write it again. So, bottom line, deal with this reffing, cause I really don't want to rewrite it again.)

The round begins with Electabuzz being recalled to its pokeball and a new pokemon being released from its. This new pokemon that takes the field is Melina the Clefable, the fairy-like pokemon. A little too cute for my taste, but good nevertheless.

Fresh to the battle, Melina takes a defensive position as she puts up a Light Screen right off the back to protect herself. Not a bad strategy, considering her opponent is psychic type. However, Metang uses his psychic abilities to fire off a Psyshock attack. The attack blasts through the Light Screen and smacks into Clefable, dealing some good damage. After Clefable recovers, she begins to Calm her Mind. As she does so, Metang charges up for another Psyshock attack. He releases it, and just after Clefable snaps out of her meditation it crashes into her. It deals even more damage than the last attack, considering it wasn't hindered by a Light Screen this time.

Clefable to some damage right off the back, although thanks to her uplevel status the attacks did less damage than normal. She still took Major damage, though, and her health bar is already hovering closes to the second quarter, and another moderately hard hit will put her in it. Energy use was high too, and she is just over the halfway mark of her first quarter. She has a roughly 10% boost in Special Attack from Calm Mind.

Metang took no damage this round, and still stands a decent ways away from his second quarter of health. Energy took a dipping though, and is now around the halfway point of his second quarter. Full body paralysis is still in effect, although its weakened a little. Paralysis will be around for another round or two if nothing changes.

Sal's orders, followed by Rang's.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #81
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

One Psyshock breaks Light Screen does not. That's what Jeri said, yell at him. The second one will though.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #82
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
One Psyshock breaks Light Screen does not. That's what Jeri said, yell at him. The second one will though.
Where did he say this exactly?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #83
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Over MSN. Ebuddy to be exact. He's not on right now. Bleh. I'll talk with him a bit later and figure this out.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #84
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper
Hi Muyo. How does Psyshock and Light Screens mix? Read: Would Psyshock destroy a newly formed Light Screen? Thanks.
Probably.
Well then. That certainly puts a blinker in my plans. Sal?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #85
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Flash Cannon, with a Protect if Clefable fires a Flamethrower/Fire Blast at you. If this doesn't happen after 3 moves, Flash Cannon once more.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #86
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Really, sal?

Take Flash Cannon. Sing. Fire Blast.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #87
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round Eight: The Psychic Barrage Ends

Metang starts this round of with a surprise. It's using a move other than Psychic!!! OMG! Anyway, Metang uses a Flash Cannon attack, firing steel type energy out of its mouth and hits Clefable for some solid damage. Clefable takes the hit, and then begins to Sing a very soothing song. So soothing that Metang seems to be having a hard time keeping it's eyes open. It takes a while, but after a bit Metang is in a deep sleep. Happy with her work, Clefable fires off a Fire Blast attack, taking the shape of a stick figure and slamming into Metang. Metang takes some extreme SE damage, and you can almost see parts of its steel body melting. That was one heck of a wake up call.

Clefable took a hit, but nothing life threatening. Health is now into the second quarter, but just by a bit. Energy took a major dip, though and it is now into the second quarter as well.

Metang was quite unlucky this round, and is left hurting. Health took a dip into the third quarter. A solid ways in right now. Energy took a solid dip too, and is now farther into the second quarter, with another good attack before entering the third quarter. Paralysis and Sleep were both taken care of.

Rang's orders, followed by Sal's.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #88
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Thunderbolt to create a legend attack! Then Agili-dodge SE moves.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #89
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

>Really, sal?

I've got sod all else left. It was either that or leave myself vulnerable to "TRIPLE FIRE PUNCH LOL", really.

Anyway, DESPERATE ROUND GO!

Ok, you've got less than 1 HB of health and he'll kill you off next round. Get in close and Explosion. Totally not obvious in any way. Need to find a better finisher with Metang, really.

WF

Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #90
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round Nine: The Beginning of the End (Followed By The End of the End)

Well, another rounds begins and this time Clefable makes the first move, firing off a Thunderbolt that slams into Metang and causes some heavy damage. Metang, hurting and practicality melting, decides its time for a last ditch effort, and begins to glow white, and then attacks with Explosion. Almost in slow motion, a ball of flame engulfs Metang and begins to grow larger and larger. The grass on the field almost completely disintegrates as soon as the fireball touches it. Clefable tries to make a run for it, however she is not quick enough and she is soon engulfed in flame along with everything else. After a good amount of time, the flame dies out and the field is once again revealed to the naked eye. A decent sized crater has appear, with Metang at the center of it. Another scan of the area reveals Clefable, bruised and battered, but conscious and soon on her feet. Metang, on the other hand, tries to get up and fight, but soon slips into unconsciousness.

Metang is unable to battle.
This means that the winners of this battle are Rangeet and Melina. Congrats.

Rangeet wins by KO and receives 2 KOs and 4 TP.
Salamencia receives 2 TP.
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271 receives 2.5 SP for fast reffings.

Well, there you have it. Thanks to both of you for sticking with me through this battle. I know it's been a crapfest, but I guess that just proves I've got some work to do. Congrats to both on a well played battle, and thanks for allowing me to ref the whole thing. I honestly think this is the first battle that I've reffed the whole way through. On a final note Sal, lay off the Pyschic moves. They are killing me.

Last edited by Fire_Pokemon_Master_271; 07-16-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #91
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Crap. Figured just about the full 3 HB damage would be a bit hard to achieve, but we can always hope.

Nice match, 'Geet. I totally sucked a couple of times (Dream Eater is underwhelming as a recovery move), and you were using those two generic 'mon (although Mime and Metang aren't exactly average, I'll grant you), but it was good nonetheless. Although I totally need to beat you at some point and reclaim some kind of dignity. Thanks for reffing, FPM, after some of the shit that happened.

Now... Loss streak building. Need to win matches.

WF

Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #92
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Lol. Thanks for reffing FPM, thanks for the TP Sal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL