UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #51
Mercutio
Banned

So, Soul taps into some Kanto pride, using a Destiny Bond. Memories of the original TCG Gastly card come to mind as Soul creates a big giant ghostly vortex of awesomely fantastic... nothingness. It seems that as the fresher, Isuru was able to get in a Taunt before the attack got going and, since both are getting equally walloped, it manages to work! Thus, Isuru is free to use a second move, firing off a Psychic wave that deals the knockout blow to Soul! Yes,

Soul is unable to battle

Frikkin Gallade.

Number, orders, orders and a side of curly fries please.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #52
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Number 3 please.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #53
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char
3. Digger: Male Dugtrio Level 5
Bio: I caught Diglett after seeing his special ability. He tried to overuse it and tired out, so then I caught him.
Sig Move: Flames of Rage
Diglett always thought he was a fire type. Eventually after being tormented by bullies about thinking he was a fire type he nearly gave up trying to use fire moves. One day though the bullies started to attack Diglett. After being attacked many times the pain turned to an immense Rage. Before Diglett knew it he was sending red flames toward the bullies. Ever since then Diglett has been able to use this move as much as he wants although if he uses it he is not able to use Frustration or Rage for that match. Flames of Rage is basically a slightly weaker version of Flamethrower and uses slightly less energy than Flamethrower. 2 uses per match.

Double Shadow Claw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Thunderbolt. Hypnosis.
Words cannot describe the hilarity. Sorry Joshie xx

New out is a B]Dugtrio[/B], Digger, a species I'm pretty sure I've never reffed or battled before. Sexual. With the initiative and some sweet energy advantage, Digger surges through the earth to strike with a Shadow Claw, dealing a large amount of damage to Isuru. Owing to Shadow Claw being fairly shite, however, Isuru manages to hold on for time to use a move! Users of Dugtrio in the games are aware of how shocking its defences are I'm sure, but GOGO MAGIC RESISTANCE POWERS! as Isuru's Thunderbolt does quite literally jack all. Well, not literally. Since that's a meaningless phrase. But whatever. Digger uses a second Shadow Claw and it's all over as

Isuru is unable to battle

No damage for Digger but no Ghost energy either.

Number, PMs, gogogo.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #54
Char
Banned

Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #55
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
We love and appreciate you Kush. Ask Joshua

Digger use Rock Tomb and then Bulldoze to crash the tomb onto whatever Pokemon is stuck in it and/or interrupt an attack. If the Pokemon can't be Rock Tombed effectively then Tri Attack yeah, x2. x1 if x2 is illegal or w/e

no 3-movers here
Quote:
"Hmm, let's see how I go in this scenario.

Kyoya – Level 5 Male Houndoom
Kyoya is a freaking badass, plain and simple. He once took on a Tauros simply because it looked at him wrong, and he walked away without a scratch. Is he not awesome because of this?
He hates Water types. Cos they gather in groups to swim and all, and he hates Pokémon that group together. He’s not part of my ‘group’ by the way, just ask him and he’ll tell you. He trained himself to take on Waters to teach them not to gather in groups.
Special Attack: Hibari Fang (Grass)
Essentially a Grass version of Fire Fang. Deals the same damage as Fire Fang, uses the same energy (but of Grass type, obviously). Can be used twice per battle.

Kyoya, Nasty Plot. Then Flamethrower."
Joshie's Gallade defeated by some bad luck on his trainer's part, Isuru is recalled to the comfort of the pokéball as our penultimate match up begins. Released from Joshua's side is a Houndoom with the slightly strange name of Kyoya. While this is a type match up that goes in Char's favour, Kyoya's sig will probably see some action here meaning this may not be such a one sided match as the last.

Beginning, Kyoya uses Nasty Plot. This sees his Special Attack sky rocket and his eyes glow black momentarily, meaning that the hound will be a significant attacking force in the rounds to come. That is, of course, if he can see to fire. It seems Char has ordered defensively to start with, Digger bringing up a Rock Tomb to surround Kyoya entirely. This means Kyoya can't see, leaving room for Digger to continue. Luckily, the slightly illegal orders (only one if hinge please) are negated by the tomb's success, allowing Digger to use Bulldoze. Shockwaves of Ground energy impact on Kyoya harshly, dealing super effective damage, as well as rattling him significantly and collapsing the tomb for a bit of extra damage. This in turn leaves Kyoya free to attack, of course, meaning that Digger suddenly finds himself struck by Flamethrower, its power increased by the boost and leaving a nasty burn on the lead mole's face.

Digger is a little over 3/4 health while Kyoya is fractionally below that mark. With a boost, Kyoya used nice energy while Digger used a tad less, but owing to the previous round Digger is still lower and close to 3/4.

Some distance between the two.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #56
Char
Banned

Josh goes first right?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #57
Mercutio
Banned

Yes.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #58
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

I would love and appreciate Kush more if he wasn't beating me at every turn in our battle :/

Since Kyoya is 1.4m tall, logic dictates there's some good size rocks around you, since Digger would have had to call up some big ones to trap you. Leap up onto a nice rock to get you off the ground and away from Digger's more annoying attacks.

Then launch another Flamethrower when you get a shot.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #59
Char
Banned

But I collapsed the Tomb already. :0

Stone Edge to knock him off his rock. Then Earthquake. If he's not off his rock Dig to dodge Flamethrower and get to a part of the arena with smaller/no rocks.

Quote:
Rock (Outdoor): The arena is covered by boulders of varying shapes and sizes. Exactly what is there is up to everyone's imagination. If someone says a rock is there (or isn't there), it's there as long as it doesn't contradict something someone has already said.
Gogogo my imagination.

Last edited by Char; 05-18-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #60
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
But I collapsed the Tomb already. :0
True. But logic dictates the rocks don't magically disappear afterwards. Regardless, it is the Rock Arena, I'm sure Kyoya can find some rock to perch on.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #61
Char
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
True. But logic dictates the rocks don't magically disappear afterwards. Regardless, it is the Rock Arena, I'm sure Kyoya can find some rock to perch on.
Yeah, the Rock Arena thing is why I didn't order "lol Earthquake"

The Rock Tomb rocks should be shorter and crumbled though since you could fire a Flamethrower through them :3
Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #62
Mercutio
Banned

Protip: since no-one specified, all of the rocks look like boobies ( for me and char) and penises ( for Joshie).
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #63
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

... Such a quandary. I must immediate want for Kyoya to land on one of the penis rocks, because that's just how I roll. But Kyoya would prefer a boob rock, and I think it would help my strategy a little better... But it goes against my nature to go for the boob...

... SUCH INDECISION! WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME SO!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #64
Char
Banned

I demand sexual references and/or sexual innuendo for the next round. ;)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #65
Mercutio
Banned

So, Kyoya decides to get all Ipex (thanks Dave) and climb up the Rock Tomb as he goes. This is an interesting plan. Interesting like a big burly rock climber, all sweaty and dirty, climbing a big wall all the way to Joshie's house. Mmmmmmmm.

Sadly, the tomb is pretty much not there any more and so it's a bit of a wasted endeavour, leaving the dog to get smacked around with a Stone Edge. Yeah. Smacked around. Smacked real good. Do you want it hard baby? Hard like a hot baywatch babe going hard at you on the sand. Yeahhhhhhhh.

Digger smirks through his blackened faces at this development, but it isn't all smooth sailing. Feeling the pinch somewhat, Kyoya readies himself, firing another boosted Flamethrower at Digger. Aggravating the burn, this deals a whole lot of damage to the Ground type. And it's really hot. Hot and fiery. Hot like a sexy latino man just there to serve you drinks and kiss you in lots of cool places while you listen to mood music. Eh Joshie? Eh? Eh? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Digger doesn't mind so much, knowing that he's got the last laugh. Earthquake deals horrible damage and leaves Kyoya looking pretty beaten as the round ends. Real shaken up. Shaken up like when she falls down and you catch her and it's all steamy and romantic and you fall in love at first site and then she gets all naked and has sex with you. char likes that. He wants her. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kyoya's a good bit below 1/4 health while Digger is a small bit over 1/2. Burns galore.

Boobies.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #66
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

I went from over 3/4s to under 1/4 in one round? 0.o

Also, much love for Kushy's dirty mind <3
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #67
Mercutio
Banned

You were a little below 3/4. Two significant strikes, both super effective, is a little over two hyper beams worth of health.

And yeah. I'm really not in a dirty mood at the moment so this is a bit mediocre.

Also, ordering later, asking Dave a question.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #68
Char
Banned

I had my orders ready and everything

<3 reffing ;)
Old 05-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #69
Char
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Also, ordering later, asking Dave a question.
Was waiting because of this. :3

Bulldoze. If he's still on the ground use Earthquake. Otherwise, Ancientpower.

Last edited by Char; 05-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #70
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I suspect this round will hurt. I've spent a while trying to work on something to save me here, but this is the best I can do.

Jump into the air as the Bulldoze waves are released, and clamp down on him with a Hibari Fang when you land. Scorch him with a Flamethrower as he comes to Ancientpower you.

Possible 3 mover confirmed (possible being that Kyoya may not live to carry it out)./COLOR]
Old 05-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #71
Mercutio
Banned

Digger uses Bulldoze, attempting to put Kyoya out of his misery. The waves head straight for Kyoya, who crouches and jumps over them, taking only glancing damage to his paws. Coming down, he uses Hibari Fang, Grass energy slapping a whole lot of minus figures on Digger's health bar. The Dugtrio yelps in pain and whacks the ground hard, Earthquake dealing significantly more damage to the Houndoom than is needed. Yes, sadly,

Kyoya is unable to battle

A little over 1/4 health, tiring. Number, PMs, yeahhhh.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #72
Char
Banned

Could've gone 4321 but I choose 5

Earthquake was my safety net in case Joshua defended bulldoze ;)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #73
Mercutio
Banned

Oh. I can't reall alcaps ref this one. It'll have to wait a day I'm afraid.

Sorry.

;;
Old 06-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #74
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Double Earthquake if your opponent is on the ground. Dig around to dodge if not.
Quote:
Illiaster – Level 5 Male Ludicolo
Illaster has always had an obsession with the sky; more accurately, with the stars that hang in the night sky. He has always desperate sought a way to fly, but is constantly reminded that he can never achieve his goal. So, he compromised, training with all flying types he met before I found him to gain a little bit of what he wanted…
Special Training: Starry Sky Charity
Due to his intensive training with flying type Pokemon, Illiaster’s Hidden Power is of the Flying type.

Hydro Pump.

... Water Pulse at the end of round if you need and have clear shot.
Yeahhh..... could probably have ALCAPsed this. So... will.

ILLIASTER! DEMON PRINCE! BURN THE HEATHEN IN A PIT OF FIERY DEATH! AHHHHHH!

HYDRO PUMP! AHHHHHHHHH!

Digger is unable to battle

... yeah, sorry this took a week. Numbers, orders, final match up
Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #75
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL