UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #76
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Bulbasaur Round 15: I Never Wanted to Dodge, I Swear.

No, Kush, you only knew that after you saw Muyo destroy me with it. :P

Poliwag starts on the field as the final for bigtukker, and goes straight into a Swagger so as to prevent the Sandshrew from dodging much. It manages to do just that, getting the little Ground-type all riled up and ready to deal damage to his new opponent. This makes it very easy for him to fire off the Swift, stopping the Bubblebeam from ever hitting the Ground-type in the first place. Then, finishing with a Poison Jab, dealing extra boosted damage, and feeling quite satisfied afterwards.

McGee is still nearing the halfway mark for damage. Energy was big and now past the halfway mark. Poliwag is not feeling so good, past the good way into the first half already. Energy was light, and a little way off perfect. He is not poisoned.

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #77
Mercutio
Banned

Slashy, Slashy Slashy. Slashy Slashy!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #78
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Owkay, keep it on a distance with BubbleBeam twice then finish your threemover with another BubbleBeam
bigtukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #79
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Bulbasaur Round 16: Slashy Slashy, Slashy?

McGee feels it is necessary to abide by his trainer's orders and pull out a couple of his signature move, based entirely off his own name - Slashy Slashy. but with the energy advantage, the Poliway doesn't quite manage to pull off a Bubblebeam in time and gets hit by the Sandshrew in the face right at the right moment, forcing him backwards. but the second attack isn't as easy to form, and the Bubblebeam finds it mark, forcing the energy for the second signature move to dissipate, leaving the Ground-type wide-open for a third Bubblebeam.

McGee is now looking horribly worse for wear, having taken all that SE damage, he's on his last legs, with 1-2 attacks to go before its lights out. Energy was pretty large, and into the second half by a decent amount. Poliwag took some good damage, more towards the position well into the first half. Energy was high, nearing a decent way into the first half. A Three mover has been used by the bigtukker.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 06-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #80
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Allright Poliwag, continue spamming BubbleBeams (maximum = 2) until it's out, when Kush sends out another Pokémon use Hypnosis instead.

Last edited by bigtukker; 06-04-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #81
Mercutio
Banned

bigtukker, are you letting yourself use a 3 mover for Hypnosis there?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #82
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

a little unclear it was eh? Now brighten your path this fix might.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #83
Mercutio
Banned

Cool. Slashy, return, a great debut. Puss, you're up, he's gotta use the first beam. Or his orders are illegal so use Hypnosis then Nasty Plot.

Last edited by Mercutio; 06-04-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #84
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 17: Changing It Up Again!

Puss the very feminine Meowth on the team of Kush suddenly appears on the field to a very surprised Poliwag, who was totally expecting to deal Bubblebeams to a ground-type. The issue I have is that the orders for said Poliwag are very bizarre and the Water-type feels the same way. He begins with a feeble beam of Bubbles in the hope that that was what he was supposed to do, but instead gets canned in the face with a wave of Hypnosis, the hypnotic nature sending him straight to sleep for the remainder of the round. This gives the newcomer Normal-type plenty of time to set up a Nasty Plot for the coming rounds.

Puss is the last 'mon Kush can call on for this match, but the fact that he has Joely in reserve makes it somewhat more difficult for bigtukker. She took no damage this round and used a little energy, aiding her Sp. Att. Poliwag is snoozing comfortably.

For future reference, bigtukker, had you written ur orders as the following, it would have been less confusing: "If he switches, send the new one to sleep with Hypnosis. If not, spam Bubblebeam, twice if necessary."

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 06-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #85
Mercutio
Banned

Boosted Zap Cannon mo fo.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #86
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

WAAKEE UPPP!!!!! Probably that won't work, but it's worth the try. Anyway, use Sleep Talk. If you get awake use Hypnosis. If you're still napping use Sleep Talk again
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #87
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 18: Been Done Before Shocker

If I had a $100 for every time Kush has used this tactic, I'd be rich, but then think about how much more it would be if it were American dollars! Or perhaps even in GBP! Oh the wonderment!

Poliwag, asleep for now can do nothing except wait for the inevitable Zap Cannon from the little Meowth. The charging time takes a little longer for the non-Electric-type, giving plenty of time for a Sleep Talk from the Water-type, but the attack fizzles for want of a better word. The ball of super-charged electricity streaks across the field at a snail's pace. But it's still streaking! It finally hits its sleeping target and causes him to take great damage, and paralysing her quite perfectly. The damage wasn't quite enough to KO her, but the paralysis holds and no further actions from the Poliwag will be seen this round.

Poliwag took a shocking amount of damage, putting him well below the halfway mark and in that critical zone for health. Energy was basically not used. He is awake, but super paralysed. Puss took no damage, but used a megaton of energy, depleting her source of electric-typed energy completely and leaving her around the decent-well position into the first half.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 AM   #88
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Use Refresh as fast as possible. If there is time to get another attack used use BubbleBeam. (Kush, do you mind if I remember you that TwistedSpaceman and I have ordered already?)

Last edited by bigtukker; 06-08-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #89
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
If I had a $100 for every time Kush has used this tactic, I'd be rich, but then think about how much more it would be if it were American dollars! Or perhaps even in GBP! Oh the wonderment!
Ah, economics. How I love them so. But I stole the tactic from LC so I can't take all credit.

Seed Bomb. Pay Day.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #90
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 19: Charged Finality

Charged as in you pay me SP. yes yes.

If that isn't enough of a disclaimer for the rest of this round, then I don't know what is. Let us continue with the normal reffing just to see how it plays out. Poliwag starts up with a Refresh, using what energy it has to cover his whole body from top to toe in a light green colour which removes the paralysis from his system completely, Nifty move, really. He stands only to notice that the time it took to remove the status was plenty of time for the little Normal-type to charge up a move which is one of my most favourite Grass-type moves - Seed Bomb. Since it's filled with the natural energies surrounding us and when it goes off, you can only imagine the colours that appear in the sky from Mother Nature herself. The point is, by no miraculous anything is the poor Water-type going to escape this situation. He aids this futility by trying to fire a Bubblebeam at it, but it is to no avail as the green ball of beauty whacks into him, sending him spiraling into KO land faster that his own stomach swirl.

Poliwag is unable to battle! Kush and Puss are the winners!

Kush receives 4 KOs and 8 TP
bigtukker receives 4 TP
I get a whopping 5 SP for awesome reffages.

Thanks so much for the fun time boys. I hope to see you both on the battlefield in the very near future, but until then, this is I_DD Reffinications thanking you for this bout.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 06-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #91
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Poliwag, return, thanx

Kush, thanks for the battle. I guess my losing streak is continuing :S
ID thanks for reffing, have fun with your Service Points ;)
Old 06-11-2010, 04:48 AM   #92
Mercutio
Banned

A good match nigtukker, and thanks for reffing ID.

Right, now to go kill Stlbk...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL